It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:44 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Food Sensitivity

Gotta love my wife for finding this one...

http://www.chetday.com/msandfood.html

Wow 8O
Read more : Food Sensitivity | Views : 1769 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

homeopathy

hi,
I just wanted to ask if anyone has already tried homeopathy along with tysabri and if there were some reactions / results / feelings /whatever?
I'm on my 7th shot and I had quite a bad last month, difficulty walking and some urinary problems but it might be the winter season or something since it wasn't so bad before. however, my neuro says my last MRI which I did 1 month ago are excellent ...
Read more : homeopathy | Views : 1931 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

CCVI / CPn

I am opening this thread to discuss possible connections between the material on the CCVI thread in the general discussion forum and CPn.

Rather than quote all the material for that 16 page forum thread, I'll assume readers have read the discussion over there, found here
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-6488.html

Briefly:
1. Zamboni did blinded research on large numbers of patients in three studies that shows venous abnormalities in 100% of MS ...
Read more : CCVI / CPn | Views : 9436 | Replies : 33 | Forum : Antibiotics

Doxy plus interferon

Here's a BBC story on how doxycycline improved outcomes when, used alongside interferon in patients how had been poor responders to the interferon alone

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7136088.stm

Notice no body said word one about resistance .......... :wink:
The researchers believe that doxycycline, a member of the tetracycline family of antibiotics, may block an enzyme which destroys nerve cells, thus protecting the brain and ...
Read more : Doxy plus interferon | Views : 2927 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Antibiotics

MBP8298 no use for RRMS

Dirucotide (MBP8298) Phase II Study fails to meet primary endpoints in Multiple Sclerosis patients 30 January 2009

BioMS Medical Corp. announced that the MINDSET-01 study, an exploratory phase II clinical trial evaluating dirucotide in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple Sclerosis or MS failed to meet primary endpoints, annualized relapse rate or associated secondary MRI endpoints.

Further, the company said Dirucotide did meet mean change from baseline in the Expanded Disability Status Scale and the Multiple ...
Read more : MBP8298 no use for RRMS | Views : 1644 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Promising stem cells trial results (in humans)

I posted this in the stem cell section, but thought it would be of general interest.

Ian

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7858559.stm
Read more : Promising stem cells trial results (in humans) | Views : 1504 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

A model of neurodegeneration

This research could be very important for us if the model of neurodegeneration / axonal degeneration that they have developed applies to MS.

New Pathway is a Common Thread in Age-Related Neurodegenerative Diseases

January 29, 2009 - How are neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's initiated, and why is age the major risk factor? A recent study of a protein called MOCA (Modifier of Cell Adhesion), carried out at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies, provides ...
Read more : A model of neurodegeneration | Views : 1205 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Stem Cell Study (found on the Drudge Report)

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1

Stem cells transplanted into early-phase multiple sclerosis patients stabilised, and in some cases reversed, the debilitating neurological disorder, according to a study published Friday.

Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an autoimmune disease that impairs movement and coordination, while causing muscle weakness, cognitive impairment, slurred speech and vision problems.

Certain drugs can retard or roll back symptoms during in the initial phase of the disease's spread.

But in ...
Read more : Stem Cell Study (found on the Drudge Report) | Views : 2082 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

rats but more success

Transplanted adult stem cells have been found to reverse paralysis associated with spinal cord injuries in lab rats, a new study finds.

The study, headed up by Miodrag Stojkovic, deputy director and head of the Cellular Reprogramming Laboratory at Centro de Investigacion Principe Felipe in Spain, involved transplanting so-called progenitor stem cells from the lining of rats' spinal cords into rodents with serious spinal cord injuries.

The rats recovered significant motor activity one week after ...
Read more : rats but more success | Views : 1339 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235113 • Total topics 25366 • Total members 16576

Contact us | Terms of Service