It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:28 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Exercise with NO balance or energy???

How do you go to a gym/run/walk ANYTHING when you can't walk a straight line? I MUST appear to those on the outside to be FOREVER walking in a drunken stupor.

My daughter goes to school a half mile from home and we walk (we're too close for bus service). By the time I get home (my walk is a mile--- there & back), I'm done!!! Forget about asking me to do ANYTHING that requires ...
Read more : Exercise with NO balance or energy??? | Views : 2486 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Daily Life

Fresh Meat !

Hi all,

My name's Nick. I'm 27. I like long walks on the beach, i'm not much of a talker but I'm a good .... Oh wait, wrong forum !

Anywho, I'l post my story. So, having 2 kids and a wife, andf being 6'4" and 300 lbs, and a chain smoker , I figured it was time for a change. Started going to the gym. All was well for 3 months, then one day ...
Read more : Fresh Meat ! | Views : 1827 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Introductions

Minocycline Self Study

I'll start posting my Minocycline experiences here instead. I will copy and paste from a post I made in the general forum. This should catch everyone up:

I decided to follow this regimen for Mino:

For the first 5 nights, i will take one 100mg dose, afterwards I will begin taking a 100mg dose in the morning and one in the evening.

I am currently on my fifth night (already took it tonight).

Considering that ...
Read more : Minocycline Self Study | Views : 21628 | Replies : 78 | Forum : Regimens

Herniated discs causing my walking problems

Hello,

It has been a while since I logged on. I recently asked a friend of mine who is a radiologist if he can do an MRI of my spine. My back pain was too much to handle. He did one and found that I have three herniated discs and one is a thoracic herniated disc.

My neurologists were quite surprised. I have been doing brain MRIs for the longest time and no spine MRIs. ...
Read more : Herniated discs causing my walking problems | Views : 3163 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

rapeseed oil-canola oil revisited

I used to have a good memory--no longer--MS?

It seems to me I recall some discussion about rapeseed vs. canola oil--can't remember where or who.

Anyway, I came across the following in my current reading (Fats that Heal, Fats that Kill by Udo Erasmus, page 116):
From 1956 to 1974, oils made from rape seed containing up to 40% erucic acid were marketed for human consumption in Canada. In response to government concerns about the ...
Read more : rapeseed oil-canola oil revisited | Views : 1050 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

does copaxone really work???

Hello all, I am new to this board, neuro is trying to push me towards copaxone (I'm RRMS, I've been on LDN for almost 4 yrs, and have had only 1 relapse in that time and a couple of new lesions).

I am researching whether or not copaxone really works, trying to form an opinion. Teva of course has lots of press releases touting studies which appear to show efficacy of C, but other resources ...
Read more : does copaxone really work??? | Views : 11882 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Copaxone

CPn Infection in the news, again--5/30/07

Not about causation of MS, but of Cardiovascular disease.

Study says 50% of all Swedish males, by the age of 20, are carriers of it.

Article from ScienceDaily: http://tinyurl.com/3yecs8

Link to full text study dissertation (very lengthy PDF), available here, on the CPn Help.org forum: http://tinyurl.com/2gbaz9
Read more : CPn Infection in the news, again--5/30/07 | Views : 1660 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Antibiotics

Tramdol and LDN

Anybody have any experience taking Tramadol at the same time as taking LDN? Thanks.
Read more : Tramdol and LDN | Views : 2937 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Consortium of MS Centers Mtg--Abstracts

Hi all

I haven't read any of them yet but links on this page will lead you to some of the presentation/poster abstracts from the Consortium of MS Centers Annual Meeting that is "in progress".

Happy reading. :)

Sharon
Read more : Consortium of MS Centers Mtg--Abstracts | Views : 1124 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Internet Database of MS-Patients

I found this place very useful to share Data about MS-Patients life and have ones own MS diary.
Maybe some would like to consider joining this great project, too.

http://www.patientslikeme.com/

--Frank
Read more : Internet Database of MS-Patients | Views : 1392 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221755 • Total topics 23025 • Total members 14548

Contact us | Terms of Service