It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:51 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Hi from Sanjay in Toronto

Hi,

I've just been diagnosed with MS after one episde. MRI shows many lesions and enhancements. physically I feel ok.

wondering about what to do...

can anyone tell me if they have had any improvement with oral supplements such as calcium amelethylphosphate or any others?

Also has anyone benefitted from the best bet diet?

thank you and take care
Sanjay
Read more : Hi from Sanjay in Toronto | Views : 2340 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Introductions

Allen Brain Atlas

I don't know if the Allen Brain Atlas has been mentioned before on ThisIsMS but check out these links:

http://www.nature.com/msb/journal/v3/n1 ... 00122.html

http://www.brain-map.org/welcome.do;jse ... FD36A2A115

Wesley
Read more : Allen Brain Atlas | Views : 1017 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Do I "fit" here ?

Hello...

I am a V.A. Hospital patient. I was dx's as MS/SS sjogren's syndrome.
I have all the symptoms, and have the lesions in the WM. The neurologist fellowship said 'many' ? lesions. They are not treating me with interferon ... yet...

I take pred. mtx, lyrica and paquinil. Many other scripts too for HT, etc,
I also have autoimmune liver disease.

Numbness, burning Pain, eyesight involvement.

So do I fit here?

jangy (bigouies)
Read more : Do I "fit" here ? | Views : 1795 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

glyconutrients

Would like to hear from any MS'rs taking glyconutrients. Went to a seminar on this subject and it all sounds to good to be true. Extremely expensive, but then again so is the copaxone I'm on. Take an arsenal of supplements now, but seem to be losing ground which is why I am considering the glyconutrients. Let me know -- good or negative replies.
Read more : glyconutrients | Views : 2835 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Natural Approach

Life Changes - is it time?

hi
Read more : Life Changes - is it time? | Views : 1415 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Using nanotechnology to grow cells

As a treatment option the use of nanotechnology is still a long way off, but this announcement gives a tantalising glimpse of its possible potential. As usual, scientific journalists trundle out their stock phrase, "... such as Alzheimer's or Parkinson's", whenever they think about neurological conditions -- MS seems to be off their radar unless the news item is specifically about it -- as the most common neurological cause of disability in young people, I ...
Read more : Using nanotechnology to grow cells | Views : 808 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Treosulfan for SPMS

Possible new treatment for SPMS 23 April 2007

Treatment of active secondary progressive multiple sclerosis with treosulfan.

Wiendl H, Kieseier BC, Weissert R, Mylius HA, Pichlmeier U, Hartung HP, Melms A, Kuker W, Weller M. Dept. of Neurology, University of Wuerzburg, Josef-Schneider-Str. 11, D-97080, Wuerzburg, Germany.

OBJECTIVE: To study the safety and efficacy of treosulfan, a cytotoxic alkylating agent, in patients with active secondary progressive multiple sclerosis.

BACKGROUND: Treosulfan (L-threitol-1,4-bis(methanesulfonate)) is a bifunctional alkylating ...
Read more : Treosulfan for SPMS | Views : 1302 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Accelerated Cure Project

Just noticed that the Accelerated Cure Project has their biobank program on Clinicaltrials.gov now. I hope they are having an easy time recruiting, this is a really worthwhile effort I think.

Biobank For MS And Other Demyelinating Diseases

This study is currently recruiting patients.
Verified by Accelerated Cure Project for Multiple Sclerosis March 2007

Purpose
To establish a large, longitudinal collection of high quality samples and data from subjects with MS, selected other demyelinating diseases ...
Read more : Accelerated Cure Project | Views : 1177 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Yikes! Tolerating Abx?

I'm in week 13 of a regime of doxycycline, azithromicin and metronidazole pulse every 4 weeks. When that 4th week rolls around, my stomach goes on strike. I'm pretty religious about either eating yogurt and taking probiotics but I get to the point where one more pill will throw me over the edge. Anybody have any diet suggestions? I'm following the Swank diet as closely as I can, but some days I feel that I'm ...
Read more : Yikes! Tolerating Abx? | Views : 4394 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Antibiotics

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220769 • Total topics 22873 • Total members 14444

Contact us | Terms of Service