It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:50 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Favorite Cane?

Anyone have suggestions for a great cane website?
Read more : Favorite Cane? | Views : 2577 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Shopping

Therapies for progressive MS

No much in this article, but three point interested me:

- reference to LINGO (work by Biogen)
- reference to damage in MS being similar to stroke damage
- reference to the gene work on MS and forecasting that the relevant genes might be identified in 2009.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/news/n ... px?nid=556
Read more : Therapies for progressive MS | Views : 1306 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Bad news - MRI results

Had MRI this afternoon. Blood/lab work yesterday.

Blood/urine is clean - except mildly anemic (nothing new there).

MRI shows new growth lesions on the left side of brain in the white matter, going across several tracks in the brain. It is enhanced. Other lesions are stable, no improvement. That was the stat reading, full report to follow on Monday.

Needless to say I'm devastated.

~keri
Read more : Bad news - MRI results | Views : 6041 | Replies : 34 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Foot up

The name of the device is Foot Up. The price is about $150.00. Has anyone used this device? If you have used it, do you see any improvement?
Read more : Foot up | Views : 5979 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Medical Devices

FTY 720

Read more : FTY 720 | Views : 5449 | Replies : 18 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

I really can't think of a title for this post.

I haven't been posting much lately because I have had non-MS related issues to deal with in life. All of you here have been so supportive and helpful since I was diagnosed, I feel like you guys are my on-line family, so I want to share what's been going on.

A few days before Halloween, my longtime (almost 23 years) live-in girlfriend, Di Ann, ended her life with a gun. I was present when she ...
Read more : I really can't think of a title for this post. | Views : 2248 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Daily Life

Long term outcome of AHSCT

Its specially interesting because the the trial included SPMS patiens with active deterioration before treatment.

Medium duration of disease was 36 months (15–156), and medium attacking interval time was 6.5 months.

Does this mean the had MS for an average of 36 month (this would be a short time for a transition from RRMS to SPMS) or does the time refer to since when they were diagnosed as SPMS?

I also wonder what is ...
Read more : Long term outcome of AHSCT | Views : 1708 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

The List of Questions

How long did it take a doctor to diagnosis you? I was doing some research and it stated that it takes 6 month to diagnosis MS to be sure, is this a myth or no, cause I was dianose within a month ( had MRI met doctor he told me I had ms, did a spinal tab to confirm) with only one attack and no repeat attack at all since my diagnosis nearly 6 months ...
Read more : The List of Questions | Views : 1348 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Long-Acting 4-AP following HiCy

Chris,
Are you going to try the 4-AP? I'm going to ask for a script next week during my visit to Hopkins. There's a pharmacy in California, Leiter's Pharmacy, which people on-line have claimed to be getting the long acting version compounded from. I will give them a call, or e-mail them to find out. I need more functionality than I have right now to take care of my kids.

Sandy
Read more : Long-Acting 4-AP following HiCy | Views : 1591 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 234286 • Total topics 25195 • Total members 16413

Contact us | Terms of Service