It is currently Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:48 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Vitamin K prevents calcification

It occurs to me that, given osteoporosis and multiple sclerosis are associated, the venous stenoses may be caused by calcification. Vitamin K is said to reduce this and I certainly now plan on adding this to my regimen. This would also tie-in quite nicely with the vitamin d deficiency theme.

1: J Vasc Res. 2008;45(5):427-36. Epub 2008 Apr 10. Links
The circulating inactive form of matrix Gla Protein (ucMGP) as a biomarker for cardiovascular calcification.Cranenburg ...
Read more : Vitamin K prevents calcification | Views : 6449 | Replies : 22 | Forum : Natural Approach

Teva/Proneuron lawsuit question

I am not on Copaxone but some newly diagnosed members of my local group are starting it. I was forwarded the following link which I'm sure most of you have seen but it is dated a year ago and I'm wondering if anyone has current info regarding it. The apparent crux of the article is Tevas prescribed dosage and the argument by Proneuron that smaller doses are sufficient. Any takers? ...
Read more : Teva/Proneuron lawsuit question | Views : 2081 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Copaxone

LDN and doctors who care

I just moved to a new city (Chicago), am on LDN, but am having the HARDEST time finding a new doctor that is willing to prescribe it to me as well as prescribing my other MS medication (Copaxone).

Does anyone know a good doctor who is willing to look at me as more than just a number in a study, and will be able to look at my disease from multiple angles?
Read more : LDN and doctors who care | Views : 2644 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Wallwalker's antibiotic log

Hey! I've just commenced antibiotics for SPMS and thought it might be beneficial to me, and possibly those in search of a path, to document the process. Have followed Anecdote and Loryias? stories but have found the Grail of progress difficult to follow in others. This is not a criticism simply highlighting my particular needs.

This may then help others choose and will be in point form- professional habit.

I am a 45 year old ...
Read more : Wallwalker's antibiotic log | Views : 11867 | Replies : 52 | Forum : Antibiotics

where to buy Generic Amoxicillin?

where to buy Generic Amoxicillin?
Read more : where to buy Generic Amoxicillin? | Views : 2677 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Antibiotics

A few Campath questions

Hello All,
As a recent transfer from the Tovaxin trial, I, like some others am considering the Campath trial. Thanks for all the posted info and videos on this site. A few questions; is Campath considered a true re-boot like Revimmune? Unlike Revimmune, I do not hear the term Chemotherapy used to describe Campath and yes I have watched all the videos and have read as much as I can but still wonder exactly what ...
Read more : A few Campath questions | Views : 4930 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Steroids and MS

I have a couple of questions that I need some help with.

(i) I had a case of optic neuritis in my right eye around sept 2008. It resolved by itself. Recent MRI in December revealed that I've hyper-intense signal in my left eye. But it does not vividly bother me at all. My doctor suggests that I take steroids now. Is it the general case? Is it okay to take steroids after 3 ...
Read more : Steroids and MS | Views : 2147 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Thinking of trying something else, could use some ideas

I've been on Copaxone now for a year and a half. I have had an overall good experience with the drug as I have only had one mild exacerbation which I'm 98% certain was due to a questionable over the counter drug that others have had strange experiences with.

My only reason for wanting to find something else is that I've been having eczema for several months and trial and error has deduced it down ...
Read more : Thinking of trying something else, could use some ideas | Views : 1767 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Copaxone

Boyfriend issues :)

Hi everyone,
and happy new Year.
I wouldn't be bothering you but I am pretty upset and confused now.
I am in love with a guy who has MS ( he didnt tell me until everything get really seriouse and he looks absolutely healthy. We are not planning to get married for several unrealted issues and that was discussed before he told me he is sick). He has symptoms, like back pain and he can't ...
Read more : Boyfriend issues :) | Views : 2001 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

A brand new year

I sit in reflection upon the new year and the old one going out the door.
Considering this message board as a safe haven of understanding, for we share a most common and unwelcome burden upon our lives, each unique and individual as the person facing the screen.

My last twelve months have consisted of learning. Learning what works, what doesn't and what to try next. It's difficult not to become overwhelmed and frustrated. Through ...
Read more : A brand new year | Views : 1474 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 234571 • Total topics 25247 • Total members 16453

Contact us | Terms of Service