It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:20 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Walkaid or bioness- both legs?

So, what if you have 2 weak legs and a very weak core...will these aids help? Does anyone have a machine that sends pulses to the core. I've wondered about the contraptions you can buy at the sport store here, where you place pads on your stomach to make it firmer...I wonder if it's safe to use on my husband. But mainly if he has the above problems, is it still possible for the walk ...
Read more : Walkaid or bioness- both legs? | Views : 3152 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Medical Devices

Anxiety or MS?

Hello Everyone

im a 19 yrs old male. I have suffered from three major panic attacks, two of them caused by drugs. after a year of not touching any drugs and drinking i woke up and all of a sudden i strained my neck..i went to a doctor and he gave me this anti-inflammatory pill..i took it and went to bed but woke up next morning feeling numbed and feeling like i was going to ...
Read more : Anxiety or MS? | Views : 2104 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Axonal loss in PPMS less dependent on demyelination

This study showed that axonal loss is one PPMS is less dependent on demyelination and in SPMS, providing further evidence that PPMS is not simply SPMS that skipped the RRMS phase.

Axonal Loss in Primary Progressive MS is Less Dependent on Demyelination than in Secondary Progressive MS
Emma C. Tallantyre, Nottingham, United Kingdom, Lars Boe, Bergen, Norway, Lowe James, Nikos Evangelou, Nottingham, United Kingdom.

The questions examined here were whether axonal loss correlates with ...
Read more : Axonal loss in PPMS less dependent on demyelination | Views : 1851 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Halt MS trial

Some information about the Halt MS trial.

Positive results of stem cell transplantation to treat Multiple Sclerosis reported

An article published in the Summer 2009 edition of Multiple Sclerosis Quarterly Report, a joint publication of United Spinal Association and the North American Research Committee on Multiple Sclerosis (NARCOMS), highlights the positive initial results of patients who have improving neurologic function after receiving a stem cell transplant, despite no longer taking any MS medications.

The ...
Read more : Halt MS trial | Views : 1614 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

What is it about Apr/May and Aug/Sep?

I'm just wondering what IS going on that I keep getting relapses nearly every mid-Apr/end May and end of Aug/end of Sep.

Is there any natural phenomenen that might be contributing to this? My lifestyle does not alter at these times, no big stressors - at least not any more than usual, nothing else that I can think of.........

If Vit D is a recurring issue in research, and I have had persistant insufficiency of ...
Read more : What is it about Apr/May and Aug/Sep? | Views : 1860 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Art and Hollie's Notes From The 2009 AAN Meeting In Seattle

Each year Accelerated Cure Project attends the American Academy of Neurology. We try to take notes on as many presentations as we can, write them up, and make them available on MSNews for anyone to read.

You can see our notes here: http://msnews.acceleratedcure.org/node/3519
Read more : Art and Hollie's Notes From The 2009 AAN Meeting In Seattle | Views : 1645 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Depression from Copaxone

I used Copaxone about 5 ago with no significant problems. I started again on Monday and I've been kind of depressed and have a more difficult time with cognition. Has anyone else had similar problems?
Thanks, Ron
Read more : Depression from Copaxone | Views : 2005 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Day 1

Well, Day 1 is winding down nicely.

Started this morning by having the Hickman line placed....and then I was brought directly to my room. They started hydration shortly thereafter. Had to have a repeat sinus CT as the one I had 2 weeks ago was NOT clear....so they did another.

First dose of chemo came a lot earlier than anticipated: 5pm! (last time it was close to 10pm!)

Went in without a hitch and it's ...
Read more : Day 1 | Views : 2225 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

heat - damaging or just annoying? (new person question)

Easy question, just need to know: My symptoms pick up with heat. 'Tis the season. Do I need to worry about causing long term harm, or is it just a matter of how much I'm willing to put up with right now? Ie is a day in the sun something I will regret for the next twenty years, or just until the symptoms subside?

--> Likewise all year 'round, is a hot shower today going ...
Read more : heat - damaging or just annoying? (new person question) | Views : 1697 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

ok.. MRI results.. i'm still confused

MRI result said this:
multifocal T2 weighted abnormalities within the supratentorial compartment and probably involving the brainstem and its connecting structures, the distribution and morphology of which are in keeping with the known demyelinating process.

In English? Anyone?

I get that there's more spots than the last MRI... but does any of the above mean anything specific? Frak i hate this disease... so confusing :evil: ...
Read more : ok.. MRI results.. i'm still confused | Views : 1281 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 238503 • Total topics 25971 • Total members 17237

Contact us | Terms of Service