It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:11 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

1,000 hands

Read the paragraphs below FIRST before you watch the video. This is an awesome dance, called the Thousand-Hand Guanyin, which is making its rounds across the net. Considering the tight coordination required, their accomplishment is nothing short of amazing, even if they were not all deaf. Yes, you read correctly. All 21 of the dancers are complete deaf-mutes. Relying only on signals from trainers at the four corners of the stage, these extraordinary dancers deliver ...
Read more : 1,000 hands | Views : 1204 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

Surgery - main results so far?

I quess many people with ms have red this forum, and especially the experiences after surgery. I quess there are some differencies among operated people --> some have got very good results quite fast and some with slower time? Of course, this is all very very new stuff.. so this is maybe too early to ask, but I quess some things can be said already.

I list some thoughts that I have about surgery effects ...
Read more : Surgery - main results so far? | Views : 1813 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Help! Which wheelchair!!!

Hi :D ,
I was diagnosed with a really aggressive form of PPMS last October, which meant that I went from Salsa queen to struggling on crutches in just 6 month. I intend to probably get myself of scooter for cruising around in my home town at some stage, but I still have extensive travel plans. So I’m looking for a foldable power wheelchair that I ...
Read more : Help! Which wheelchair!!! | Views : 1385 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

burning, aching, feeling

Everyday now I get a burning, aching, tired feeling in my legs, getting worse near the end of the day. It feels like after you've worked out a lot but I've just been doing regular daily activity. Is this part of the 'MS fatigue' that I hear about or is that meaning sleepy tired? I'm wondering if exercising will help what I am experiencing or make it worse because they already feel like I've worked ...
Read more : burning, aching, feeling | Views : 3540 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Catfreak's CCSVI journey

I hope I am not jumping the gun.

Alexandra just called me and she has given my info to Dr Dake and she said I will be getting a call from him next week.

I will update when he calls.

Cat
Read more : Catfreak's CCSVI journey | Views : 3680 | Replies : 22 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

EGCG Question

If we can ever connect with Dr. Dake, we're going to Stanford. He tried to call us 3 times while we were at Mass Saturday evening, one time was on my mobile phone which I always turn off in church.

In the meantime, I've been pondering on iron chelation, finding rx drugs like M30, HLA20, and deferiprone, but also finding highly touted supplements for iron chelation like EGCG (in green tea extract) and circumin. Steve's ...
Read more : EGCG Question | Views : 1689 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

How diffuse hypoxia of the brain changes a person...

Increasingly, elaboration of inflammatory cytokines appears key to the brain-based response to hypoxia, as evidenced by the biobehaviors of malaise, fatigue, lethargy, and loss of interest in the physical and social environment. These sickness symptoms implicate hypoxia-dependent activation of the neuroimmune system as a key component of acute hypoxia.

http://nro.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/14/3/235

I've mentioned before that Jeff's first signs of his MS progression- which began 15 years ago, although he ...

Neck Feedback desired

OK,

Since I had felt a little better and then promptly overdid it, I want some feedback from the others who have gotten through all of the surgery after stuff. I have a little different type of 'feeling' in it now and wanted to check it out with you all. I can turn my head fully now and it doesn't hurt at all. I've been driving and everything. Well it now feels very focused on ...
Read more : Neck Feedback desired | Views : 4088 | Replies : 26 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Question on "atypical" MS

I had been reading a lot about MS for about a year before I was recently diagnosed. Had read about the stages as well as other demyelinating diseases and the similar conditions possible in a misdiagnosis. Certainly not claiming to be familiar with them all though. But this "atypical" thing has me at a bit of a loss.

This spring, six months out from a craniotomy for a benign brain tumor, I had my third ...
Read more : Question on "atypical" MS | Views : 2066 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Spoke to Alex today in Dr. Dake's office

I spoke to Alex today, Dr. Dake's assistant. I am sending my history and MRI's to Dr. Dake tomorrow. Alex told me she doesn't work on Friday but when she came back on Monday she had 25 voice mails waiting for her regarding this procedure.

I mentioned CCSVI to my GP (internist) today and she was extremely excited about it. She asked me to email her some information. I'm assuming I should send the top ...

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 241278 • Total topics 26401 • Total members 17574

Contact us | Terms of Service