It is currently Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:23 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

MS symptoms but I haven't been to my doctor yet

I have been having tingling/ pins and needles, tremors, numbness, headaches, shivering, jerking, weakness in my legs, trouble swallowing and seizures (although the seizures are getting better). I think this is caused by some medication that I was taking for schizophrenia. I wonder if it's turning into MS. I have been taking cod liver oil and just recently lecithin. I hope this helps. The lecithin seems to be helping. I'm hoping I can get some ...
Read more : MS symptoms but I haven't been to my doctor yet | Views : 1395 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Autoimmune Gastritis

Hello! Has anyone else on this board been diagnosed with autoimmune gastritis? I have just received this diagnosis and will have further work up in the upcoming month with a gastroenterologist, but was curious if anyone had any insight to share.

Read more : Autoimmune Gastritis | Views : 1968 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Clueless with Disability

Hi......been refused twice with SS and wondering if I really am disabled according to society. Worked my whole life yet they tell me I'm not entitled.....this is what I sent SS...any feedback would be appreciated.....Thanks

My original filing for disability benefits commenced in February of 2008. I was declined such benefits via written notification on July 18, 2008. I subsequently filed a request for reconsideration via e-mail on September 16, 2008. Another refusal for such ...
Read more : Clueless with Disability | Views : 1246 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Questions and Comments

My date for Stanford is September 15 (tests) and 16(proceduree if indicated by test results). My husband wanted me to ask if we needed to pay any upfront or does Stanford bill your insurance and the patient is left with the 20% to cover after receiving an EOB from insurance company. I did get notification that my insurance had approved MRI and MRv of head, chest, andd neck which was a blessing. I saw my ...
Read more : Questions and Comments | Views : 1765 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Shaky Hands

I've been noticing my hands are a lot less steady, especially when trying to manipulate smaller objects (really noticeable when using chopsticks to try to lift small pieces of food). Has anyone else had this symptom and/or know of what could help it?
Read more : Shaky Hands | Views : 5382 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Australian search for MS cause

This sounds promising. Considering that there are likely still hundreds of thousands of proteins in our bodies that have not yet even been identified, this study is probably a good idea.

National search for proteins that cause MS

Australian researchers will aim to discover the proteins that cause multiple sclerosis (MS), thanks to a new nationwide research effort.

The national research project is the first of its kind in Australia and one of the first ...
Read more : Australian search for MS cause | Views : 1179 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

good realistic article on Gift 15

.GIFT15: A "cure" for multiple sclerosis?
Wednesday August 26, 2009

Trust me, I would love nothing more than to tell you all, "Hallelujah! This is IT! The cure is here!" And maybe I will be able to write those words someday, maybe even someday soon. But I can't do it quite yet. Don't get me wrong, GIFT15 is exciting, cutting-edge stuff, full of possibilities and definitely something we should all keep an eye on.

Let's ...
Read more : good realistic article on Gift 15 | Views : 2185 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Hotels in Palo Alto

I'm trying to make plans now for my trip to see Dr. Dake in Dec. Am I right about a Stanford hospital discount for some hotels or did I misread that in a post? The Sheraton is coming up $349 a night for the days I will be there!!! That's a bit steep to say the least.
Read more : Hotels in Palo Alto | Views : 2016 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Posted "Update on CCSVI" on my blog...

My original blog post about CCSVI has gotten hundreds of hits, so I thought it appropriate to post an update.

Feel free to critique at will... ... sease.html

My Friend, Mary

Mary had her surgery yesterday..blockage high up in the left jugular vein (I think I said right jugular in another thread -oops!). She is resting comfortably at the Sheraton tonight. Mary had some nausea to deal with, but seems to be over that now. The forum has talked about how Dr. D is learning, and changing his protocal. Well, Mary is his first patient being sent home without Coumadin! How lucky is she? So maybe ...
Read more : My Friend, Mary | Views : 2200 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Login  •  Register

Total posts 242486 • Total topics 26588 • Total members 17763

Contact us | Terms of Service