It is currently Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:51 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Imuran anyone

I searched the forums a bit, but too many off topic hits. Is anyone on Imuran for MS. My ahole neuro gave me an Rx for that crap like passing out M&Ms on Halloween. I am skeptical of the immunosurpressant. I got a jar in my Rx graveyard though.
Read more : Imuran anyone | Views : 1281 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

what is the value of a partner?

My husband is leaving me after 22 years of what I thought was a healthy and good marriage. I was blindsided by this. He feels that he has fallen in love with someone else. I do not think his reasons are at all related to my MS. Instead, I think this is a full-blown mid-life crisis complete with a variety of cliches and well known syndromes.

I was diagnosed 4.5 years ago. I was never ...
Read more : what is the value of a partner? | Views : 2257 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

hello again

Hey guys
I have been absent for so long, thought I should maybe introduce myself again :oops:
Sorry about that, really, just a rough patch, we all have them, I know, back and ready to interact again with all my friends here, all the amazing and wonderful folks who make up this community...
Big hug to everyone - look forward to getting back in the groove and ...
Read more : hello again | Views : 1274 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

New IL-6 blocker for arthritis. MS?

A new drug for arthritis is all over the news today called Actemra (tocilizumab). From what i gather it is very effective at stopping the IL-6 pathway for inflamation, with a monthly injection.

I quickly searched the net to see if it was trialled on MS, and couldn't find anything. But when I searched ThisIsMS for IL-6 I get a lot of hits.

Does anyone know why? has it been trialled and failed?
Read more : New IL-6 blocker for arthritis. MS? | Views : 1277 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Reversing Endothelial Dysfunction

Overwhelmed: Reversing Endothelial Dysfunction in Autoimmune Disease by Cheerleader

-edited to explain the endothelium for those new to this concept...
the endothelium is the single cell layer of our blood vessels. This lining utilizes nitric oxide to control blood pressure, vascular dilation, and immune response. I've come to see that my husband's MS (and perhaps others) is linked to his vascular system. His current program was put together with new research on molecular medicine, antioxidants, ...
Read more : Reversing Endothelial Dysfunction | Views : 43840 | Replies : 183 | Forum : Regimens

Vitamin regime?? Need Help!

Ok...I was newly diagnosed with RRMS back in early February of this year (2008).

I started Copaxone in late February and haven't missed a dose. I exercise 2 - 4 times a week (30 - 40 minutes on the recumbent bike and do a few sets with my 20-pounders a few times a week for my arms/chest/shoulders etc.)

I'm male. 38. 5'9" and weigh in at about 155lbs.

Luckly I haven't developed any neuopathy or ...
Read more : Vitamin regime?? Need Help! | Views : 6773 | Replies : 20 | Forum : Regimens

Fire Drills

Has anyone been through a fire drill at work or in a condo/apartment building?

There was a fire drill at my office today. We're on the third floor but thankfully I am in good shape right now. If there had been one after my last relapse however, I don't know what would have happened.

I asked our Facilities Manager what the protocol for disabled people is and she couldn't answer me and is looking into ...
Read more : Fire Drills | Views : 1128 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Side effects

Our neuro is one of the coordinators of the phase III trials for Campath.Other than having a good CV,he is very open-minded and quite straightforward so we highly value his opinion..Regarding the side effects,his opinion is that although they are potentially very serious (ie strokes can occur because of the bleeding disorder),they are in most cases manageable if the patient is closely monitored and the risk identified.

I just read the phase II trial paper ...
Read more : Side effects | Views : 1571 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

New neurons

I think this is old news but it is today's date!

Neurons Can Regrow! 27 October 2008

There’s evidence that the adult human brain has the ability to grow new neurons, say researchers at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner Research Institute.

The study included nine people with multiple sclerosis (MS) and a control group of four healthy people. In MS, the immune system destroys the myelin sheaths that surround and protect nerves. When the myelin ...
Read more : New neurons | Views : 1559 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Sky news "Puff Piece" (video)

VIDEO

And another VIDEO
Read more : Sky news "Puff Piece" (video) | Views : 1912 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233487 • Total topics 25054 • Total members 16211

Contact us | Terms of Service