It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:06 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

A 10min survey on the psychological impact of MS

We are conducting a research study about the psychological impact of living with MS. It is a short 10 minute questionnaire normally completed over the phone and for which we will pay an incentive of 30 Euro for your time.

We have already nearly finished our study, having completed 43 interviews of the 50 required. We require another 7 MS sufferers in Denmark to complete our survey.

If you are able to help please ...
Read more : A 10min survey on the psychological impact of MS | Views : 1190 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

The blood brain barrier and neurons

Although this article focuses on ALS, it's a good summary of the effect of a leaky BBB on the central nervous system. The gene for SOD 1 has also been implicated in MS. The review mentioned at the end of the article sounds interesting: has anyone had a chance to read it?
University of Rochester Medical Center
Leaky blood vessels open up nerve cells ...
Read more : The blood brain barrier and neurons | Views : 3108 | Replies : 19 | Forum : General Discussion

Helminth/MS clinical trial

A little more information about a known upcoming clinical trial ... l?d=139544 but how Asphelia came into play, I've no idea

Read more : Helminth/MS clinical trial | Views : 1880 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

symptoms without inflammation?

Is it possible to have symptoms without inflammtion?

I asked about this in another thread. I just had an MRI last week which showed no new lesions or active lesions, no enhancement. but I have symptoms that are coming back from an 8 month relapse. I only had 1 month symptom free pretty much.

My neuro feels I am still RRMS, but from what Iread wouldn't this make me SPMS?
Read more : symptoms without inflammation? | Views : 2592 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

got an award!

have been freaking a bit about school finances, but just discovered today that about 25% of last term's tuition, which i thought was still owing and never mind the upcoming spring term, has been paid!
it seems like a very long time back, i submitted an essay for an academic perseverance award, and apparently it came through on april 4th!
Read more : got an award! | Views : 4104 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Daily Life

Australian study

Yet another example of sloppy journalism: an article light on facts and specifics, and which doesn't seem to know the difference between a study and the treatment.

New Wesley Research Institute study aims to halt the progression of multiple sclerosis
'Might prove the most effective treatment of MS ever' -- research leader

A new research study being conducted at The Wesley Research Institute (WRI) aims to stop the progression of early active stage Multiple ...
Read more : Australian study | Views : 2410 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Neublastin Study

"Biogen Idec in collaboration with scientists at the University of Arizona and Tufts University reported in the April issue of the journal Nature Neuroscience that in preclinical studies, injections of the protein neublastin promoted the regeneration of damaged sensory nerve cells and produced virtually complete, long-term restoration of sensory and motor function. These studies suggest neublastin has potential for further development as a treatment for traumatic nerve injury.
Neublastin, also known as artemin, belongs to ...
Read more : Neublastin Study | Views : 1049 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

I dont remember if I made a intro. on this site or not, I went on a wild information surge a while back to try and understand my diagnose

I have an inconclusive MRI scan of the brain adn a long lesion on the spine. -sighs-

I took aikido for 6+ years, I have fallen on my head more time than I can count, and during my Black Belt test I took a wooden knife ...
Read more : Hello | Views : 1074 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Do people with SPMS recover from attacks? I know RRMS we can. I recently had a MRI and it showed no enhanced lesions or activity yet I had a severe attack that lasted 7 months. I am better now but wouldn't something show up on my MRI? My neuro says I am RRMS still but I had this illness for 10 or so years. I find it odd I have no inflammtion. Isn't that assosicated ...
Read more : SPMS | Views : 1445 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

well, tues afternoon i find out why Canadian neors are concerned about revimmune. my appt is at the ms clinic in Kingston,ontaio. then wed morn i'm off to ottawa for my appointment with Dr Freedman to talk about stem cells. should be an interesting week
Read more : appoinments | Views : 1036 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228600 • Total topics 24186 • Total members 15479

Contact us | Terms of Service