It is currently Tue May 24, 2016 2:38 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Selective Diabetes Typ I treatment

The method modulates the TNF activity to stop the ongoing damage.
When dissease activity is halted the animals were able to regrow functioning islet cells.
Animal studies were successful, first clinical trials are underway:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 175001.htm

--Frank
Read more : Selective Diabetes Typ I treatment | Views : 1517 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

New labelling

Biogen, FDA work to amend Multiple Sclerosis drug Tysabri's label 26 August 2008

A warning on Biogen Idec and Elan Corp's drug, Tysabri, has been revised following two recent reports of a potentially fatal brain infection, Biogen said.

The company plans to provide an update on the two patients on today at a medical conference in Madrid, Biogen spokeswoman Shannon Altimari also said.

Still, both companies were down sharply since they disclosed on July ...
Read more : New labelling | Views : 1586 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

*UPdate* Visit with New Neuro Doc

:? Ok as if I was not already confused enough about this MS since my Dx in Feb of this year!

I met with the new Neuro Doc ( Duke). Very nice doctor. He took alot of time with me which I greatly appreciated. However I left saying to myself "Who's right?" My first Neuro Doc or this one. He didn't seem to agree with much of ...
Read more : *UPdate* Visit with New Neuro Doc | Views : 2748 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General Discussion

*UPDATE* Visit with New Neuro Doc

:? Ok as if I was not already confused enough about this MS since my Dx in Feb of this year!

I met with the new Neuro Doc ( Duke). Very nice doctor. He took alot of time with me which I greatly appreciated. However I left saying to myself "Who's right?" My first Neuro Doc or this one. He didn't seem to agree with much of ...
Read more : *UPDATE* Visit with New Neuro Doc | Views : 1828 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Copaxone

Great News regarding Tysabri!

Hi everyone, I haven't posted here in a while, but my MS is still stable after 24 Tysabri infusions... I have some really great news regarding Tysabri, woo hoo!

Re: those who are concerned about developing PML with the use of Tysabri..., let me briefly explain what my neurologist told me about PML: PML occurs when the immune system has been compromised (or becomes so low that it cannot fight off the JC virus which ...
Read more : Great News regarding Tysabri! | Views : 1682 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Once relapse starts, anyone halted it?

Hi
now is the time when my brain goes to mush and all the strategies I normally have, I forget. Fear sets in.

Noticed a heaviness in my limbs last week, now I see the familiar strong reddish/purple colour under my eyes - that always happens just before a relapse and it's unrelated to lack of sleep. My arms and legs feel leaden, numbness is creeping back to my right side, and I know that ...
Read more : Once relapse starts, anyone halted it? | Views : 1431 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Anyone use very small gauge needles?

Hi

I've been on Avonex now for 4 months and I'm still having difficulty with injection discomfort. I know try icing the spot down until it feels numb before the injection and I get the shot at room temp. My Avonex prescription comes with the standard 23 gauge/ 1 and 1/4'' needle. When I go for my next neuro visit I'm going to request a prescription for the 1'' needle but I don't know what ...
Read more : Anyone use very small gauge needles? | Views : 2707 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Avonex

Anyone in extension study feel like crap after vaccine?

It's been a little over a week since I got my first vaccine and I feel like complete crapola. I'm not sick...no fever, sore throat, aches, pains, etc. Just extremely tired, no energy either mentally or physically, afraid to venture too far from the homestead.

I helped out at my kids' school on Friday by working in the cafeteria. I had to help the little kids make salads at the salad bar, wipe the tables ...
Read more : Anyone in extension study feel like crap after vaccine? | Views : 1892 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Got the flu,scared of relapse

Hi,

My girlfriend has the flu i think (sore throat,fever,running nose),and we are scared it might trigger a relapse.She had her first ever relapse last month,and we are not sure if this makes it difficult for another relapse to occur so quickly-any strong views on this?

Also,does anyone have any tips about getting some protection from a possible relapse?

Thanx!
Yannis
Read more : Got the flu,scared of relapse | Views : 1724 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232435 • Total topics 24847 • Total members 16004

Contact us | Terms of Service