It is currently Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:24 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

New

Can I just say that MS sucks?! Got my official diagnosis January 6th, this year. I was relieved then shocked...upset, mad, and not so sure what to think now. Maybe I'm floating into the realm of acceptance?! Do you ever really accept it?

I've only had 2 real episodes. The first was in the spring just prior to going out of town so I didn't see my doc. The second was Optic Neuritis over summer ...
Read more : New | Views : 1229 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Separate forum for CCSVI?

To TPTB....
The Zamboni/CCSVI thread in the general forum has become a bit unwieldy. Can we have a separate forum for it? Now that folks are going out and getting dopplered, it would be a good resource for international investigation and protocol. As well as theories regarding the cause of stenosis in the venous systems of MS patients.

Pretty please???
Thanks,
AC
Read more : Separate forum for CCSVI? | Views : 3263 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Suggestions

Rituxan Found Effective in Subset of PPMS Patients

Here's an abstract from a study that will be presented at the upcoming American Academy of Neurology meetings in April.

In simple terms, it found that Rituxan appeared to impede the progression of PPMS in male patients under the age of 51 who had enhancing lesions.

Unfortunately, I am a male patient with PPMS under the age of 51 who does not have enhancing lesions, and Rituxan has done nothing for me.

At any rate, ...
Read more : Rituxan Found Effective in Subset of PPMS Patients | Views : 3915 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Rituxan (Rituximab)

On Hold...

I suppose I will put my "Final decision" on hold for a month. I made a bunch of phone calls and emails and was able to get an appointment at the University of South Florida Neurology Dept. for a second opinion. I really put a great deal of trust in USF, and I will let them help me make the decision on my treatment. :D
Read more : On Hold... | Views : 1863 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Regimens

Halt-MS study??

I need some imput from you all regarding this study. Would you do it or not? Im really considering taking the next step in the review process just kinda having second thoughts...
Read more : Halt-MS study?? | Views : 1239 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Some good new news

I have realized it is now OK for me to tell more.

I went back to Johns Hopkins for an investor meeting with Baxtor Pharm. in June to promote the Revimmune treatment. These guys from what I could tell were all on board and then the stock market tanked in Sept. They put it on hold because of it.

So, if we want to get the money from Baxtor to make Revimmune the norm this ...
Read more : Some good new news | Views : 2530 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General Discussion

Finally the cat is out of the bag

I have realized it is now OK for me to tell more.

I went back to Johns Hopkins for an investor meeting with Baxtor Pharm. in June to promote the Revimmune treatment. These guys from what I could tell were all on board and then the stock market tanked in Sept.

So, if we want to get the money from Baxtor to make Revimmune the norm this is where to go:

Read more : Finally the cat is out of the bag | Views : 1820 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

tired and want to

-tired of waking up
-tied of the effort to do everything
-tired of my marrige becomming like two roommates sharing a house
-tired of thinking theres only one way to stop this
-just tired
-tired of my knees bouncing all the time
-tired of thinking how my wife and i won't have anything we wanted out of life
-want to stand to put on my pants
-want to stand to brush my teeth
-want to ...
Read more : tired and want to | Views : 1747 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Daily Life

Lockheed Exoskeleton

wouldn't this be great to use on those days when you have fatigue really bad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ_qR8zCLDc
Read more : Lockheed Exoskeleton | Views : 1075 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Garlic Foe or Friend??

Hi All,
I have some questions about garlic.

Is garlic something to be avoided in large doses or embraced as way of killing bacteria and viruses?

I had HBOT alongside the garlic and think it cause a relapse.

L
Read more : Garlic Foe or Friend?? | Views : 3360 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Diet

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 236334 • Total topics 25607 • Total members 16905

Contact us | Terms of Service