It is currently Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:18 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

environment-gene interaction

This strikes me as very helpful research. Hopefully there will be a lot more studies like it in the near future.

Environment-gene interaction in multiple sclerosis: Human herpesvirus 6 and MHC2TA.

Hum Immunol. 2007 Aug;68(8):685-9. Epub 2007 Jun 21.
Martínez A, Alvarez-Lafuente R, Mas A, Bartolomé M, García-Montojo M, de Las Heras V, de la Concha EG, Arroyo R, Urcelay E.
Clinical Immunology Department, Hospital Clínico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain.

Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an ...
Read more : environment-gene interaction | Views : 982 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Activia

Just wanted to share some possibly positive info with everyone. First, I do NOT have MS but my daughter does. I DO have three "autoimmune" diseases. (After much reading/research, I do not believe in the autoimmune theory--not important however.)

I started taking Activia after reading about it and the fact that their claims are validated by the FDA. Activia balances the digestive tract where many problems can originate. It balances the good and bad bacteria. ...
Read more : Activia | Views : 1274 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Struggling

I am getting impatient again with the extension. I just posted in the general discussion about recent changes in my ability to void urine and am just absolutely maddenned with my constant downhill slide this year. During this trial, I have had more stuff get worse than the five years prior combined. I know there is nothing many of us can do, but being in this trial and not getting the drug is like the ...
Read more : Struggling | Views : 2497 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Help with a bladder issue

I need some help. We all know that there can be specific issues with our bladders. However, I have found out that there are (from what I can find) three discreet conditions that you can have with your bladder from MS.

One is OAB (Over Active Bladder) which, in layman's terms, means you have to pee all the time.

Two is flaccid bladder where your bladder over fills and does not generate sufficient contractions to ...
Read more : Help with a bladder issue | Views : 3372 | Replies : 23 | Forum : General Discussion

Stem cells from cloned human embryos-Australia first

Today in Daily Telegraph

500K for stem cell breakthrough comment By Simon Benson

August 07, 2007 12:00am

SYDNEY could become the first city in the world to produce stem cells from cloned human embryos with a $500,000 grant being offered by Premier Morris Iemma to the first scientist to do it.

With laws lifted on the previously illegal practice, the State Government is now looking to actively fund research to make NSW the world centre ...
Read more : Stem cells from cloned human embryos-Australia first | Views : 1054 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Expert Panel Consensus

Sounds very authoritative: "expert panel consensus". However, as is typical with all things MS, the consensus includes the old proviso, "more study required".

The role of optical coherence tomography in multiple sclerosis: Expert panel consensus.

J Neurol Sci. 2007 Jul 26
Sergott RC, Frohman E, Glanzman R, Al-Sabbagh A; on behalf of the OCT in MS Expert Panel.
Thomas Jefferson University, Wills Eye Hospital, Neuro-Ophthalmology Service, 840 Walnut Street, Suite 930, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA. ...
Read more : Expert Panel Consensus | Views : 1380 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

injection# 2

Hey All,
Although I have been trying to curb my time spent "in forum" (I am finding the less immersed I am the better my denial works), I thought I would post an update. I had my 2nd series of injections on 8/3/07. Pretty standard stuff. No site reactions either time. I do however seem to get ill post injection. A few days of flu-like symptoms and a serious case of done-in even from an ...
Read more : injection# 2 | Views : 4635 | Replies : 23 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

May be some disruption for the next few hours

Hi all,

The server is getting some attention and may be sporadically non-cooperative over the next few hours. Should be OK... but let me know if anything comes up that you don't quite appreciate! lol.

best,
-arron
Read more : May be some disruption for the next few hours | Views : 1564 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Disappointing Results for Beta Interferon

Disappointing Results For Beta Interferon, UK
05 Aug 2007

Authors of an article published in this week's edition of The Lancet medical journal claim a recent study has shown that early treatment with beta interferon reduced the risk for progression of disability by 40%.

Dr Lee Dunster, Head of Research and Information at the MS Society, said: "MS is a long term condition and disability prevention is an important consideration when evaluating potential therapies.

"This ...
Read more : Disappointing Results for Beta Interferon | Views : 1116 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Not related but...

I wander if this breaktrough in heart disease and stem cells will be applicable in treating MS degeneration in the future?

http://www.news.com.au/sundaytelegraph/ ... 07,00.html

Milica
Read more : Not related but... | Views : 1176 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 223350 • Total topics 23221 • Total members 14697

Contact us | Terms of Service