It is currently Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:31 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Ouch!

I have been doing Copaxone injections for almost 5 years. I have dealt with lipoatrophy (which I chalked it up to the price you have to pay with this drug) stinging injections, and some hives. None of this has caused me to want to stop because I have felt I have benefitted from this drug. But I nearly went through the roof with my injection last night! Injected into my thigh (as I have done ...
Read more : Ouch! | Views : 3471 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Copaxone

Fumarate trial Phase III - anyone on it?

Hi people
saw my neuro today to discuss post-birth treatment options. Looks like I qualify only for Copaxone again, but she did mention a trial, Fumarate.
As it's placebo controlled I'm taking a gamble if I were to opt for that over Copaxone, but just wondering is anyone participating in the trial and how are you doing on it?
I've seen some posts about Biogen/psoriasis etc but not much info as yet.
If I'm honest ...
Read more : Fumarate trial Phase III - anyone on it? | Views : 1409 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Nose-to-brain administration of drugs

Found this article...although it is about Alzheimer's disease, what stood out was the concept of administering meds via the nose and how it apparently circumvents the blood-brain barrier...has anyone heard of using this approach for a MS med?

http://www.twincities.com/allheadlines/ci_8160098

Nose to brain is a promising path in Alzheimer's fight
Regions Hospital researcher's nasal-spray discoveries get renewed attention
BY JEREMY OLSON
Pioneer Press
Article Last Updated: 02/03/2008 11:58:49 PM CST ...
Read more : Nose-to-brain administration of drugs | Views : 4352 | Replies : 24 | Forum : General Discussion

"Corner Gas"

This has no connection to MS, except that even we folks with MS need to laugh once in a while. And I did this afternoon!!!

WGN (Chicago TV channel) showed episodes of the very funny Canadian program called "Corner Gas" for about 4 hours. I had not seen it before and I loved it! I laughed and laughed; it felt good.

I recommend this program!
Read more : "Corner Gas" | Views : 1615 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

I got a Power Port

I had my 17th infusion on Friday, 2/1. It was my first since getting a power port placed (surgically) in my right chest. I must say, my infusion was able to start sooner since my infusion nurse could just access the port instead of searching for a vein in my arm or hand.

Piece of Tysabri trivia. My nurse said that the Maxine Messinger MS infusion center in Houston where I go is among the ...
Read more : I got a Power Port | Views : 1907 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Hi! I am Jyn.

I found this site last night after searching for troubleshooting tips on my Rebif auto-injector (I posted my issue under the Rebif subject) and I have enjoyed reading the many posts and articles.

I was diagnosed 3 years ago when I was 29 years old. Mostly my vision has been affected: Optic Neuritis, Double Vision, Vertigo. Otherwise, this disease has definitely played havoc with my cognitive abilities. Have you heard of ...
Read more : Newbie | Views : 1808 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Problems with Auto-Injector

I have been on Rebif for 2 weeks. Everything has worked fine until last night.

I loaded the syringe into the auto-injector, and as I pulled the cap remover off, the entire syringe went flying across the room (fortunately no one was hurt). OK, just one syringe wasted.

I decided to try a second time, thinking maybe it was user error. The same thing happened again. OK, now I'm pissed, I just wasted two.

I ...
Read more : Problems with Auto-Injector | Views : 3099 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Rebif

Disability and T2 lesions: 20-year follow-up in RRMS

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1823 ... stractPlus

--Frank

Clinically isolated syndromes (CIS), such as optic neuritis, brainstem or spinal cord syndromes are frequently the first clinical presentations of multiple sclerosis. However, not all CIS patients develop multiple sclerosis and in those who do, disability is highly variable. In previous follow-up studies, brain lesions on T(2)-weighted MRI are associated with increased risk of multiple sclerosis and to an extent disability. We evaluated the longitudinal ...
Read more : Disability and T2 lesions: 20-year follow-up in RRMS | Views : 1273 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Bone marrows stem cells convert to oligodendrocytes

http://www.msaustralia.org.au/hot_news/read_more.html
The group harvested stem cells from the bone marrow of mice and humans, then inserted them into the brains of mice with a disease that closely resembles MS in humans. They found that the stem cells changed into several different kinds of cells: most importantly, many converted into cells called oligodendrocytes,which manufacture 'white matter'.
But the experiments suggest only areas of fresh damage might be treatable. In the mice tested, the loss of myelin appeared ...
Read more : Bone marrows stem cells convert to oligodendrocytes | Views : 1485 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 227060 • Total topics 23943 • Total members 15221

Contact us | Terms of Service