It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:04 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

ABX treatments and vitamin D

Are those of you on ABX treatments for MS also taking vitamin D?
And, if so, what's been your experience in healing?
Carol
Read more : ABX treatments and vitamin D | Views : 2576 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Antibiotics

Minocycline trial results

Looks good, but comes with the usual proviso, "further investigation" required.

The clinical response to minocycline in multiple sclerosis is accompanied by beneficial immune changes: a pilot study.

Mult Scler. 2007 May;13(4):517-26. Epub 2007 Feb 9.
Zabad RK, Metz LM, Todoruk TR, Zhang Y, Mitchell JR, Yeung M, Patry DG,
Bell RB, Yong VW.
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Minocycline has immunomodulatory and neuroprotective activities in vitro and in an ...
Read more : Minocycline trial results | Views : 4027 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

EBV / women / smoking / genes

This research tries to tie in various MS risk factors.

<Shortened URL>
Read more : EBV / women / smoking / genes | Views : 1064 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Australian Neurologists knowledge of

I saw a second neurologist here in Australia today. He is running Phase III trials for both FTY720 & BG12. I was suprised when he told me he had not herd of Tovaxin at all. This is the second neurologist in Sydney that I have seen that has not herd of it. The first is my main neurologist who, from what I understaand, is one of the most respected MS neurologists in Australia.

I really ...
Read more : Australian Neurologists knowledge of | Views : 2788 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Micro-RNA miR-155 and immune system regulation

Here's an interesting arctile on immune system regulation from the New York Times.

NHE

Studies Reveal an Immune System Regulator
By Nicholas Wade, April 27, 2007

Scientists working independently in Cambridge, England, and Cambridge, Mass., have discovered an unexpected regulatory network that affects the entire immune system.

The regulatory network may provide new clues to both the working of the body’s immune defenses and the generation of a class of cancers known as lymphomas, which ...
Read more : Micro-RNA miR-155 and immune system regulation | Views : 918 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Interesting Tidbit I wasn't aware of

From 2002 Journal of Child Neurology

Gender prevalence in childhood multiple sclerosis and myasthenia gravis

Haliloglu, G.Show author details: Subscription required, Anlar, B.Show author details: Subscription required, Aysun, S.Show author details: Subscription required, Topcu, M.Show author details: Subscription required, Topaloglu, H.Show author details: Subscription required, Turanli, G.Show author details: Subscription required, Yalnizoglu, D.Show author details: Subscription required Correspondence address

Department of Pediatric Neurology, Hacettepe University, Ankara 06100, Turkey

Abstract

Multiple sclerosis and myasthenia gravis are ...
Read more : Interesting Tidbit I wasn't aware of | Views : 931 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

lumps

How long does it take for your lumps/swellings from Copaxone injections to disappear?
Read more : lumps | Views : 2898 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Copaxone

Hello from Schleswig-Holstein

Hello,

my name is Benjamin, living in Schleswig-Holstein (Northern Germany).

I am 34 years old and I have the MS since 98, now SPMS. I can walk 1 kilometre, without stress.

I take for over 2 Years Copaxone (probably without effect). Before, I tried the "A"-CRAB with bad Sideeffects on me, only 3 weeks intake.

Because I had great interest in natural medicine, I was reading in last december about "white tea" (EGCG) and drink ...
Read more : Hello from Schleswig-Holstein | Views : 1496 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Today mice, tomorrow humans?

I love stuff like this.

Mouse brain simulated on computer

BBC -- US researchers have simulated half a virtual mouse brain on a supercomputer.

The scientists ran a "cortical simulator" that was as big and as complex as half of a mouse brain on the BlueGene L supercomputer.

In other smaller simulations the researchers say they have seen characteristics of thought patterns observed in real mouse brains.

Now the team is tuning the simulation to ...
Read more : Today mice, tomorrow humans? | Views : 870 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Change in MS ratio

The different rates of MS in men and women has always seemed to me to contain important clues about the origin of the disease. That ratio has changed dramatically over the years, and the difference has become even more pronounced, so maybe the clues might become a little bit more obvious:

ababb@aan.com <mailto:ababb@aan.com>
651-695-2789
American Academy of Neurology <http://www.aan.com/press>
Over time, more women are developing MS than ...
Read more : Change in MS ratio | Views : 3231 | Replies : 22 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220988 • Total topics 22912 • Total members 14475

Contact us | Terms of Service