It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:18 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Girlfriend keeps pushing me away

It all started last last January when she was diagnosed with MS. Since then the relationship has been rocky. She is very distanced and constantly pushing me away. Just a few days ago she told me she doesnt want to be a burden on me in the later years so she thought it was best to break up. I love her more than anything. Is there any hope of her coming out of this ...
Read more : Girlfriend keeps pushing me away | Views : 2993 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

The Blues strike again ....

The hospital has rejected my application for subsidy for my Rebif injections :( . From now on I have to pay the full US$ 1,705.41 every month in order for me to continue my treatment. That will leave me with just US$73 after deducting that amount frm my salary. :(
MS really sucks the life out of you...emotionally, physically, ...
Read more : The Blues strike again .... | Views : 2153 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Daily Life

Injecting in the arm

I was just wondering, for people who inject in the upper arm, does it hurt? I have been thinking of doing this but am a bit worried of it hurting? ( After almost 4years, I still cannot do it myself)

I'm starting to notice very slight scarring on my thighs so was abit worried of permanently damaging/scarring muscle tissue.

Thank you
Read more : Injecting in the arm | Views : 3861 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Avonex

Extreme night sweats! - Side effect?

Hi all,

I have just found this forum while trawling through the internet to try and find an answer to extreme night sweats! Does anyone have the these symptoms? If so, have any ideas controlling/getting rid of it? (this maybe a stupid question :oops: ). I have read that this is a side effect of Avonex but have not read about anyone else having them.

I have ...
Read more : Extreme night sweats! - Side effect? | Views : 6650 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Avonex

Firstly, stop reading this right now and go make some coffee...ok? now read on...oh, and maybe this has something to do with why statins might help in MS?

Daily caffeine 'protects brain'

The easy way to neutralise cholesterol?

BBC - Coffee may cut the risk of dementia by blocking the damage cholesterol can inflict on the body, research suggests.

The drink has already been linked to a lower risk of Alzheimer's Disease, and a study ...
Read more : caffeine | Views : 4672 | Replies : 28 | Forum : General Discussion

Prevention Magazine

I just received this month's Prevention Magazine. There is an article in it about 3 women who used alternative therapies for their various ailments. At the end of the article Prevention Magazine is asking readers to share their experiences about using alternative/unconventional therapies via a chat. This is a great way to get the word out about any alternative therapies that any of you have used that you have felt have been beneficial to you. ...
Read more : Prevention Magazine | Views : 1829 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

More general stem cell articles

Stem Cell Research Is Growing Again

Scientists in stem cell breakthough

That second one is about part-human, part-animal hybrid stem cells. I am thinking maybe they can turn people with MS into mice so they can benefit from all the drug trials we hear about.
Read more : More general stem cell articles | Views : 1536 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

First extension dose today

Well it finally happened. I got my first shots today and pretty much only have one thing to report. I did have a slight shot site reaction. No band-aid ring like Tim. The nurse had to circle "reactive" on the chart they fill out when they check after 5 minutes. It was very slight and it also itched slightly for about a half hour. By the time the hours was up, it was back to ...
Read more : First extension dose today | Views : 10221 | Replies : 71 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Profile Query

Why can't we show the things like where we live, hobbies etc. in our profiles? Location if nothing else. It's fun to see where people are from.
Read more : Profile Query | Views : 2821 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Suggestions

Molecular pathway to disease identified

This article reveals a molecular pathway which can be involved with disease development and which can, in a striking parallel with all the possible triggers for MS, be activated by a wide range of environmental factors.
I'm not sure about such sweeping statements as, " Th 17 cell activity is the cause of… multiple sclerosis", but then I suppose that's journalists for you:
Scientists working at the MRC National Institute for Medical Research have shown ...
Read more : Molecular pathway to disease identified | Views : 1402 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228533 • Total topics 24179 • Total members 15466

Contact us | Terms of Service