It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:18 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

23/M possible MS? Scared..

Hey guys, I have noticed this for the past couple of years but haven't dealt with it, because in the back of my mind thought I had parkinson's disease or MS or something. I'm a sort of hypochondriac that thinks I have lots of things. However, tonight while I was holding a piece of paper in my hand with my thumb and middle finger, my middle finger just started twitching uncontrollably. It only happened when ...
Read more : 23/M possible MS? Scared.. | Views : 2360 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Three years- what I have learned

April 1, 2006 is the date I consider the beginning of my MS trek. That was not the day of my first symptom nor the day of my diagnosis, but the day I really knew something was wrong. Lew, I thought I'd copy your daily posts in a way, and for a while, post some of the things I've learned in this three years.

First
I have learned that there should never be a period ...
Read more : Three years- what I have learned | Views : 5612 | Replies : 31 | Forum : Daily Life

Optic neuritis vs optical Migraine

I have a friend who has had a couple episodes of very blurry vision in one eye.. it does resolve after a day or a coupel weeks. He finally went to the opthomologist and was told is was a optical migraine.

They cant get that vision back to 20/20 now either. he refused to go back for a visual field.

Question is... he has had some other MSy like symptoms such as dizziness and leg ...
Read more : Optic neuritis vs optical Migraine | Views : 1131 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

dysesthesia

burning, freezing, buzzing fingers
Read more : dysesthesia | Views : 1796 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Regimens

conflict of interest?

Does anyone find the whole copaxone experience over bearing? I mean they want a nurse to come to your house, they want a nurse to talk to you over the phone, they have an info guy call you for updates. To boot, when I have questions about the drug my doc tells me to call the copaxone company (It is called shared solutions) This is part of Teva the pharmaceutical that is selling copaxone.
OK, ...
Read more : conflict of interest? | Views : 2527 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Copaxone

Multiple Sclerosis Clinic-Portland

Hello,
Anyone have any experience with this clinic??? Been going there for a few months with very mixed outcomes. They are top notch at research and it seems like seeing the patients is just a way to fund the research. Not so interested in the art of medicine. They want to find a cure. Anyone else with this experience or are all of you somewhere else? :) ...
Read more : Multiple Sclerosis Clinic-Portland | Views : 1428 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

help with blood test results

I'm really sick, and I'm really frustrated. I've been feeling worse and worse for 3-4 weeks now, finally cuminating this week with cough, fever, flu sx. I tested neg for strep, flu a+b.
Had full blood tests run, there are 2 levels that have me concerned
C-reactive protein is 5.1, and the reference range is 0-0.3
RBC sed rate is 29, range is 0-20.
Had the blood run by a Fam practice guy, He called ...
Read more : help with blood test results | Views : 7136 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

My Sister

Mods please move if this is the wrong spot.

Hello,

My sister that was diagnosed with MS 7 years ago, her symptoms are severe. She has been forced to use a motorized chair for a couple of years now and the disease is very aggressive.

For the last 2 years most of the information I have on her condition I have gotten second hand because she will not talk to me, answer my calls, my ...
Read more : My Sister | Views : 3146 | Replies : 18 | Forum : General Discussion

Allergic Reaction?

Hello,

I have been on Copaxone for over 8 years. I have had many bad reactions too it. Last night I had the usual bad reaction with the tightness in the chest and the feeling of not being able to breathe. But then my entire body felt prickly and itchy. My skin was covered in red splotches all over my body. The itchy prickly feeling was especially intense in my hands and feet. My eyes ...
Read more : Allergic Reaction? | Views : 1791 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Copaxone

MS Journal Open Access thru 3/31

Hi all

Just discovered several "neuro" journals, including the journal "Multiple Sclerosis" have open access thru Tuesday....

Click here and you'll see a link to register for access if you haven't already registered.

Happy reading. :)

Sharon
Read more : MS Journal Open Access thru 3/31 | Views : 1278 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 237048 • Total topics 25709 • Total members 16998

Contact us | Terms of Service