It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:02 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Flu shot, post campath: Yes or no?

Okay, so I am an RN. The Dept of Health in my county has mandated all healthcare workers to get vaccinated, or else have a doc's note.
I asked my research nurse, and she said okay. Then I brought it up again, and now she doesn't remember saying okay. She says that the study people say "No vaccinations!".
It's a good thing I waited a few days on the shot!
What have the rest of ...
Read more : Flu shot, post campath: Yes or no? | Views : 2565 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

ghmf

.........ku,.
Read more : ghmf | Views : 2039 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Daily Life

Lisinopril and CSVI patient

As I have stenosis and also high blood pressure I have decided to ask my doctor to change my pills for high BP for Lisinopril.
Usually only my pulse is high around 120. My BP was about 150/110 so I was taking Vasocardin.
I got the information it is good for MS patients with CSVI to take Lisinopril.

So today was my first day.
I paid for 30 pills 1,17 Euro. My health insurance company ...
Read more : Lisinopril and CSVI patient | Views : 3980 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Neural Stem Cells

Preclinical Proof-of-Concept Data for the Company`s Neural Stem Cells Published
in Cell Stem Cell

PALO ALTO, Calif.--(Business Wire)--
StemCells, Inc. (NASDAQ:STEM) today announced the publication of preclinical
data demonstrating for the first time that transplantation of its proprietary,
purified human neural stem cells delays the loss of motor function in a mouse
model of infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis (NCL). NCL, commonly referred
to as Batten disease, is a fatal neurodegenerative disorder in children. This
paper, ...
Read more : Neural Stem Cells | Views : 1579 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Stem Cells

Clinical History for Dr. Dake???

Hi, I am writing up my 'clinical history' for Dr. Dake that Alex asked for. I just tried to call, but of course she is gone. I wanted to ask you guys if you could give me some direction. I have started and right now it is 2.5 pages of my MS stuff. Is that what he wants? I know he will call and ask more questions, but I feel sort of off track. TIA! ...

Blake's experience at Stanford

We just returned from Stanford earlier this week, where my husband got two stents placed in each jugular. He also did HiCy which so far had stopped his progression, but he had some lingering symptoms. It wasn't a bad experience at all and was up and about the next day no problem. He already feels better- has much more energy, walking better, no more dizziness, and no heat intolerance any more. It's pretty exciting stuff, ...
Read more : Blake's experience at Stanford | Views : 3363 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

so happ today!

My husband just got his first appointment scheduled at Johns Hopkins for December 09!!!
Wondering how long after his first appointment he will get the treatment...

thank you guys! I am sooo happy since his original appointment was for October 2010!!!

smiles, juliana
Read more : so happ today! | Views : 4414 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

posture & CCSVI

In another thread, talk of how poor posture (brought on by computer use, poor fitness, disability, spasticity, etc) could be a factor in the compression of the cerebral drainage veins.

LR1234 wrote:I can also say for sure that when I strengthen my stomach muscles by doing sit-ups my symptoms improve. It straightens my back and corrects my posture.

I had "Is physical therapy suggested to correct postural problems and strengthen weakened muscles? (I am just thinking ...
Read more : posture & CCSVI | Views : 7052 | Replies : 27 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

NY Lawyer vs Texas Sheriff

ghndghn
Read more : NY Lawyer vs Texas Sheriff | Views : 1588 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Humor

To continue tysabri or not after 16 months

I was diagnosed with MS in January 2002. I have used copaxone & Rebif. I wanted to try tysabri after all the great thinks I heard about how it actuall helps the symptoms. I though that if it helped the symptoms, it may alleviate some of mine a bit. I work as a full time nurse in an office. I went for my yearly follow-up and after 16 months of infusion, I dont think I ...
Read more : To continue tysabri or not after 16 months | Views : 2975 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 242816 • Total topics 26647 • Total members 17820

Contact us | Terms of Service