It is currently Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:56 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Myelin and Netrin-1

Multiple Sclerosis: In The War Against Diseases, Nerve Cells Need Their ArmorScienceDaily (Nov. 12, 2008) — In a new study, researchers at the Montreal Neurological Institute (MNI), McGill University, and the Université de Montréal have discovered an essential mechanism for the maintenance of the normal structure of myelin, the protective covering that insulates and supports nerve cells (neurons). Up until now, very little was known about myelin maintenance.

This new information provides vital insight into ...
Read more : Myelin and Netrin-1 | Views : 1527 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Appointment with endocrinologist

Hi Everyone,

A few months ago i posted because my vit D level was low and my neuro referred me to see an endocrinologist.

Well that appointment was this morning.

He basically wants me to continue taking 1000iu Vit d but he has ordered me another blood test just to see if that has worked to increase the level.
He says that taking the supplement is just as good as getting it from the sun. ...
Read more : Appointment with endocrinologist | Views : 1722 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Glutamate

Is anyone familiar with glutamate as it relates to MS? I've come across some articles that suggest people with MS have elevated glutamate levels, and this may somehow be involved in the disease. So does this mean supplementing with something that contains L-Glutamic Acid may not be a good idea?
Read more : Glutamate | Views : 1249 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Natural Approach

Nerispirdine?

:?:
Anyone heard about a study for Nerispirdine to improve walking ability/speed? My neuro's office (Axiom Clinical Research) is recruiting candidates and I think I'm going to do it.

I think it's a potassium blocker like 4-ap/Fampridine.

It's a double-blind placebo controlled study but I don't know what phase it's in. There are four possible doses:
1. Placebo
2. 50 mg
3. 100 mg
4. 200 mg ...
Read more : Nerispirdine? | Views : 5534 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Another one from Ohio

Hi~

Newly diagnosed on 10/08 and just getting over the initial shock...

I have just started Copaxone 4 days ago.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Loobie, I see you are from Dayton. I am moving there this July to finish my clinical years and to do my residency at Kettering/Grandview. Never been there before; I'll have to find out from you the good places to live!
Read more : Another one from Ohio | Views : 1332 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

terrified of tysabri...what to do?

Hi...my husband was diagnosed with MS about 2 years ago. He tried Rebif and had horrible side effects. He switched to Avonex and did better, but it wasn't clear what was worse: the disease or the treatments. His doctor told us about Tysabri and told us to think about it. He's been off all meds for 3 months and is doing so well. He's like a new man...every now and then his leg gets weak, ...
Read more : terrified of tysabri...what to do? | Views : 2993 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Introductions

Lingo

Any news about lingo research? Or other myelin friendly issues?
Read more : Lingo | Views : 1596 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Off meds.. Your thoughts please...

I was doing so so on Copaxone...so I thought but then it started again...shots being too awful..side affects..I could not move, stiff and in pain...could not do anything but barely do my job and sleep...I lost my quality of life..could not go anywhere..not even church...getting up to go to work was a HUGE ordeal for me let alone anything else...and I stayed in pain. I called my pharmacy and said no more meds please. Stop ...
Read more : Off meds.. Your thoughts please... | Views : 1983 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Copaxone

I went off my meds...and wanted your thoughts

I was doing so so on Copaxone...so I thought but then it started again...shots being too awful..side affects..I could not move, stiff and in pain...could not do anything but barely do my job and sleep...I lost my quality of life..could not go anywhere..not even church...getting up to go to work was a HUGE ordeal for me let alone anything else...and I stayed in pain. I called my pharmacy and said no more meds please. Stop ...
Read more : I went off my meds...and wanted your thoughts | Views : 1762 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233902 • Total topics 25122 • Total members 16303

Contact us | Terms of Service