It is currently Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:33 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Herb Garden

Does anyone have any suggestions for items to grow in my outdoor herb garden?

Also, what would you do with some of the herbs you suggest.

Last year I grew:

Basil
Feverfew
Rosemary
Catnip
Cilantro
Peppermint
Spearmint
Lemon Thyme
Oregano
Flat Leaf Parsley
Bee Balm

Mostly just for the beauty of the herb garden.

CF
Read more : Herb Garden | Views : 2511 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Natural Approach

Frustrated -- Help!

I am at my wits end, and hoping for some help.

I work in EMS, so I know how things run with the healthcare system-- the good, the bad, the ugly. I'm getting some serious ugly right now and I don't know which way to turn to try to resolve it.

I presented with what they think is MS this past weekend, and spent three days in the hospital. They did MRI's of my brain ...
Read more : Frustrated -- Help! | Views : 1306 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Hello Intro

Hello, :D
I'm new here, but in my 6th year with MS. I have chosen diet BBD (5-years) as my method of dealing with the disease and I am doing very well. I work full time, travel, etc. I have not used any meds yet.

I've posted to the NMSS board for quite some time. I joined this board because I was happy to see others ...
Read more : Hello Intro | Views : 1218 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Any luck with steroids for PPMS?

I recently encountered a local well-known MS Expert (not my own neuro) who was adamant about wanting me to try IV steroids, then Tysabri if I had
a positive response to the steroids. He pretty much told me my own neuro,
another well known expert in this state was wrong to treat me with antibiotics, oral fumarate and vit D only. Has anyone with a PPMS diagnosis had any luck with IV steroids? I hate ...
Read more : Any luck with steroids for PPMS? | Views : 2076 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Plasmapheresis (plasma exchange)

Just curious if anybody has done this. And what the process is like and if has helped anybody. I havent responded well to solumedrol and im thinking of suggesting this to my nuero. I appreciate any input and opinions. thanks
Read more : Plasmapheresis (plasma exchange) | Views : 1615 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

New, and Terrified

Hello all.

I'm new to the site, and a little bit (read: a lot) terrified at the moment, while I try to reach out and find some answers for myself regarding MS. I just returned home from a three day hospital stay where 99% diagnosis was made for MS. No lesions found on brain in contrast and non-contrast MRI; pending C-spine MRI (as they think it's originating there, or possibly brain stem) and neuro-ophthalmology assessment ...
Read more : New, and Terrified | Views : 1440 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Introductions

My Final Decision...

OkayI am starting,
1- vit B super complex (w/vit C)
2- (2) vit D w/ calcium
3- (3) 1000mg omega 3 fish oil
4- Rebif
5- Lipitor
6- Monster energy drink (for fatigue)
7- High Protien Diet
8- Exersize
9- Hope and prayer

Do yall think I need anything else?
Read more : My Final Decision... | Views : 3307 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Regimens

Just curious...

Just curious about something...

If you were involved in a clinical trial, it stopped, lost funding, numerous people had absolutely no luck on the medicine, or something else was out there that has shown darn near 100% effectiveness, would you continue to try to get the drug financed or would you admit defeat and move on?

The reason I ask is I know of some folk who are pretty high up in some MS groups, ...
Read more : Just curious... | Views : 5398 | Replies : 59 | Forum : General Discussion

Tysabri / Copaxone combo

As a major shareholder in Teva and Biogen, this will make Harry Z very happy - a combo trial of tysabri + copaxone. Harry has managed to talk both of these drugs down which have seen the share prices fall in both companies - crafty Harry then bought up more shares at low prices.

Do you hear him denying it? No - he's enjoying another cruise with his lady friend off the coast of Cuba. ...
Read more : Tysabri / Copaxone combo | Views : 1655 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 236333 • Total topics 25607 • Total members 16905

Contact us | Terms of Service