It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:22 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Stem cell treatment for eyes

It's good to see that proper trials are already underway - this one for eye conditions. Interesting that the transplant might attract stem cells from the bone marrow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/6454819.stm
Read more : Stem cell treatment for eyes | Views : 1460 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Lp results are in...

Well of course it's positive.

It's not really a shock but i wish the diagnosis was something else.

The neuro has suggested maybe starting on Avonex and i will be seeing him again in May so he will prescribe it then. That will give me time to stop breastfeeding.

Has anyone had an ok experience with Avonex?

Thanks

Elly
Read more : Lp results are in... | Views : 1670 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Stephen White

I don't know if this is new information...Stephen White has written a few Tom Clancy'ish type books. He is a psychologist who also has MS. From what i've heard, the wife of the main character also has MS.

TOL
Read more : Stephen White | Views : 2612 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Reading Nook

Heal Your Heart with EECP by Dr. Debra Braverman

I am currently reading Heal Your Heart with EECP by Debra Braverman, M.D. This Enhanced External Counterpulsation (EECP) supposedly is "the only noninvasive way to overcome heart disease" and may improve many other conditions--diabetes, congestive heart failure, lupus, peripheral neuropathy and others (though not mentioning MS). Its mechanism is to increase blood flow (by "passive exercise" as the author puts it).

It is painless, noninvasive, and relatively inexpensive (approved by the FDA, Medicare, covered by ...
Read more : Heal Your Heart with EECP by Dr. Debra Braverman | Views : 3294 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Reading Nook

AV650

Avigen Receives Approval to Initiate AV650 Phase II Clinical Development

Avigen, Inc. a biopharmaceutical company developing innovative therapies for the treatment of neurological conditions, today announced it was given approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to commence Phase II clinical development of AV650 (tolperisone).

AV650 is a New Chemical Entity (NCE) in the United States. Tolperisone is approved in several EU member countries for the treatment of spasticity and muscle spasms. Avigen's initial ...
Read more : AV650 | Views : 1583 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

RTL1000

Artielle ImmunoTherapeutics Initiates Clinical Trials For Multiple Sclerosis

Artielle ImmunoTherapeutics, Inc. today announced that the company has initiated a Phase I clinical trial to evaluate its novel drug candidate, RTL1000, for the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS). RTL1000 is a novel protein drug with a highly-selective mechanism of action that targets pathogenic T-cells responsible for triggering and sustaining MS.
The trial is currently open for enrollment and is a multi-center, double-blind, placebo controlled, single dose ...
Read more : RTL1000 | Views : 3319 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Chemical cues to turn stem cells into neurons

Making stem cells develop along the right lines is essential, and they need certain chemical signals to do this. Discovering these sounds like a significant advance...
Dom.

Public release date: 14-Mar-2007

bonnerj@rockefeller.edu
212-327-8998
Rockefeller University

In order to differentiate and specialize, stem cells require very specific environmental cues in a very specific ...
Read more : Chemical cues to turn stem cells into neurons | Views : 1469 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Stem Cells

Neurology Conferences

Hi all,

In the couple of years that I've had MS, it seems that although there is a steady stream of information generated about MS, some of the more notable results from research are presented at the major neurology conferences. I was wondering if there is a comprehensive list of the major conferences, so one might have an idea of when to expect these sorts of things. For example, I googled AAN and their yearly ...
Read more : Neurology Conferences | Views : 1663 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220067 • Total topics 22753 • Total members 14361

Contact us | Terms of Service