It is currently Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:18 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Effects of Copaxone

"Neuroprotection… Neurogenesis… Newborn neurons migrating to the site of injury…" all these words get me really excited – do they do that to anyone else, or am I just pathetically easy to please?

Neurogenesis and neuroprotection in the CNS - fundamental elements in the effect of glatiramer acetate on treatment of autoimmune neurological disorders.
Mol Neurobiol. 2007 Dec;36(3):245-53
Authors: Arnon R, Aharoni R
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is no longer considered to be simply an autoimmune ...
Read more : Effects of Copaxone | Views : 2473 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Copaxone

Lyon - do something useful

Bob,

You seem to have too much time on your hands and I'm a busy man. Attached are interviews with a number of MS researchers who presented at the MS Frontiers conference. Please could you watch them and report back. Sorry if this interferes with your hobbies (watching American football, baseball, basketball, wrestling etc etc).

Ian

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/go.rm?id=20777
Read more : Lyon - do something useful | Views : 1562 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Direct route from the brain to the immune system

We know that inflammation has a useful role to play, but that it can be very damaging when it runs out of control. This discovery of the Vagus nerve's involvement might lead to a way of modulating this response,

Public release date: 24-Oct-2007
jtalan@nshs.edu
516-562-1232
North Shore-Long Island Jewish (LIJ) Health System

Scientists discover a direct route from the brain to the immune system
– It used ...
Read more : Direct route from the brain to the immune system | Views : 1165 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Got serum

Hi people does anybody any knowledge of this and its effects
Read more : Got serum | Views : 2021 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Hello you guys - I'm new here!

It's been a little over a year since I've been diagnosed and I still keep looking over my shoulder thinking my neurologist must be talking to someone else. I got the news right before the Tovaxin IIB trial got underway and was a prime candidate. I had my blood drawn and lucky me I had the t-cells needed to make the vaccine. It sure was a bitter sweet moment. Yeah I'm in the trial but ...
Read more : Hello you guys - I'm new here! | Views : 1616 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Cellsept & Copaxone or Cellsept & Pulse Roids

I had an appt with my neuro yesterday we had been discussing changing my therapy due to the depression side effects I get from my Avonex. Currently I'm on Avonex and pulse roids and this has worked very well for me since switching from Copaxone. He mentioned Tysabri which I'm not currently comfortable with at this time. He mentioned the only other options he is thinking about considering in my case would be Cellsept & ...
Read more : Cellsept & Copaxone or Cellsept & Pulse Roids | Views : 1482 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

help help help

you know my head is clear, my legs are getting stronger
my arms and hands are like i put them in battery acid,my ribs feel like they are beeing sueezed by a boa and it would be great if someone would stop pounfing on my shouldei feel like crap im having a western blot done
because i need to know if it is lyme or not
but since sept 2 the pain has become all ...
Read more : help help help | Views : 2584 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Antibiotics

Strange skin lesions- Morgellons?

Hi community-

Hubby (dx w/MS in March '07) has had several strange skin lesions develop since last spring. Newest one is on upper lip, and is sprouting black fiber looking things. Came across an article on Morgellons disease and found this site-

http://www.morgellons.org/

Apparently, Morgellons appears often with Lyme infection. Morgellons sufferers have been diagnosed with MS, ALS, Alzheimers. It was at first believed to be a psychiatric disorder ...
Read more : Strange skin lesions- Morgellons? | Views : 2241 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

MS Events in Boston and San Francisco (no charge)

I'd like to invite the ThisIsMS community to attend either (or both) of the Accelerated Cure Project Annual Events this year. They are both free of charge, both cocktail party with lecture format, and both feature guest speakers talking about ongoing MS research and also the activities of the Accelerated Cure Project.

They both require RSVP, though, so please do that if you'd like to come.

San Francisco Friday Nov 9th details:
http://www.acceleratedcure.org/events/eventpages/20071109_sfannual.php

Boston Saturday ...
Read more : MS Events in Boston and San Francisco (no charge) | Views : 1371 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Caution: Killing Germs May Be Hazardous to Your Health

http://www.newsweek.com/id/57368

Exerpts:

In terms of infectious disease, the environment of the American suburb is unquestionably a far healthier place than most of the rest of the world. But we've made a Faustian bargain with our antibiotics, because most researchers now believe that our supersanitized world exacts a unique price in allergies, asthma and autoimmune diseases, most of which were unknown to our ancestors. Sachs warns that many people drew ...
Read more : Caution: Killing Germs May Be Hazardous to Your Health | Views : 1846 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 224957 • Total topics 23551 • Total members 14918

Contact us | Terms of Service