It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:14 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Log Out Error Message

Whenever I log out I get this error message:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare opentable() (previously declared in /home/thisisms/domains/thisisms.com/public_html/themes/Anagram/theme.php:39) in /home/thisisms/domains/thisisms.com/public_html/themes/DeepBlue/theme.php on line 14
I am going to change my theme and see if it makes a difference, but I thought y'all would want to know.
Read more : Log Out Error Message | Views : 1461 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Support

MS and/or Sjogren's

Hi,

I'm new to TIMS, but not to MS or other boards. I was dx'd 9 yrs ago with MS. Have tried ABCR and Novantrone, the latter being the only effective in slowing progression. Still, I had lots of other symptoms that couldn't be explained away by MS. My GP is both MD and naturopath with the added virtues of dilligence, ears for listening, and a great big heart. After 7 yrs and about a ...
Read more : MS and/or Sjogren's | Views : 1154 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Medication Questions.....

I'm trying to get a handle on MS medications. Is MS one of those diseases where you have to find the right combination of medications for each individual? The last thing I feel like is having medications make me feel whoopier than I already am!

Other than researching medications/discussing tx options with dr./and pinpointing my worst symptoms/what else can I do to prepare for the options of medications that are out there?

Do most MS'ers ...
Read more : Medication Questions..... | Views : 1596 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Not New to the Board or MS

Hello! I think it’s about time I got my nerve up to post on TIMS. I’ve been a stealth member for almost 3 years now. I check in very often, and I’ve learned A LOT from everyone here. I found this board soon after I was diagnosed in April 2006. Jeez, was that ever a surprise! Before my first and only episode (although looking back, I now recognize other minor flares), I was the healthiest ...
Read more : Not New to the Board or MS | Views : 1677 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Introductions

Novantrone questions

If anyone still gets on here
My Dr's want to start me on Novantrone due to my MS worstening over the last year.
Thoughts good or bad would be greatly appreciated
Read more : Novantrone questions | Views : 4692 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Novantrone

oral treatment podcast

This podcast covers the five oral therapies farthest along the clinical trial process (cladribine, fingolimod, teriflunomide, BG0012, laquinimod). There is some interesting information. I think it was just recorded in the last couple of weeks.

Keep in mind that neura.net is sponsored by Teva, so there are a few gratuitous references to copaxone.

http://www.neura.net/channels/66.asp?id=531
Read more : oral treatment podcast | Views : 2324 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Teva to produce biogenerics

Generic-drug maker Teva Pharmaceuticals and contract drug manufacturer Lonza Group have formed a joint venture to make and market copies of biotech drugs, the companies announced Tuesday.

Teva and Lonza provided no financial details of their new arrangement, but the companies said the joint venture will seek to develop so-called biosimilars, also known as bio-generics, which are copies of drugs made from genetically engineered living cells. By comparison, most drugs sold by large drug companies ...
Read more : Teva to produce biogenerics | Views : 1429 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Study of reflexology and progressive muscle relaxation

Looks like we should all be doing reflexology and/or progressive muscle relaxation training.

Reflexology and progressive muscle relaxation training for people with multiple sclerosis: A crossover trial.

Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2009 Feb;15(1):14-21. Epub 2008 Oct 1.
Mackereth PA, Booth K, Hillier VF, Caress AL.
Christie Hospital NHS Trust, University of Derby (Buxton campus), Rehabilitation Unit, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK.

PURPOSE: To compare the effects of reflexology and progressive muscle relaxation training for ...
Read more : Study of reflexology and progressive muscle relaxation | Views : 1354 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

MS and fever (personal experience)

Hi
As you may have read I have been on Tysa for 20 months and so far so good...
Until this week when I have had some fever. This has reactivated my ms symptoms(right leg hobbling) and made me wonder whether i was having a relapse or not.
But since this fever has gone i'm feeling better, the symptoms have gone.
From my internet research this happen quite often when MS people experience fever. It ...
Read more : MS and fever (personal experience) | Views : 1384 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Insurance Problems

My husband was recently diagnosed with MS and his doctor prescribed Avonex for him. I received a phone call yesterday stating that our copay is $750. OMG, there's no way in hell we can pay that. That's injections for only one month. How do they expect people to be able to do that? They told me that there are companies that assist with the copay's but it's based on income. Believe it or not they ...
Read more : Insurance Problems | Views : 1317 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235128 • Total topics 25369 • Total members 16580

Contact us | Terms of Service