It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:13 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Intro

Hello all. I been visiting thisisms.com for a while and have posted a few times. This is my preferred forums to lurk at. I'm a 26 year old male who lives in Portland, OR. I moved to Portland from Vegas 3 years ago. I work full time still and take classes part time. I'm coordinating a team for this years MS Walk in Portland as well.

I was diagnosed with MS in the fall of ...
Read more : Intro | Views : 1423 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Australian Fellowship

It's always good to hear about new projects starting up in MS research, even if they are only just beginning the fund raising. If MS costs Australia $600 million a year, I can't understand why governments don't pump more money into some of the avenues of research which look promising, but which don't appeal to the big companies because they see little or no profit. Even if you only look at the financial cost, and ...
Read more : Australian Fellowship | Views : 997 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Multiple action of Glatiramer Acetate

This abstract briefly describes three methods of action for GA. The mention of, "reinnervation of the lesion", made me sit up -- I didn't think that regrowing nerves inside a lesion was possible.

CLICKFORABSTRACT

Dom.
Read more : Multiple action of Glatiramer Acetate | Views : 1675 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

newest memeber :) Please Read

Hello Everyone.

I am a 22 year old male from Toronto Ontario newly diagnosed in June of last year (2006). With no family history of MS it just hit me out of the blue. It started with a tingling sensation in my left hand. Doctors said it was just a pinched nerve and it will go away. About a month later the numbness was still present and started in my right hand. Shortly after that ...
Read more : newest memeber :) Please Read | Views : 4261 | Replies : 23 | Forum : Introductions

cannabis-based medicine in spasticity

I don't think this one has been submitted yet. From the March 2007 European Journal of Neurology.

Randomized controlled trial of cannabis-based medicine in spasticity caused by multiple sclerosis

* C. CollinaaDepartment of Neurorehabilitation, Royal Berkshire and Battle NHS Trust, Reading, UK,
* P. DaviesbbDepartment of Neurology, Northampton General Hospital, Northampton, UK,
* I. K. MutibokoccTrial-Link Ltd, Bexhill-on-Sea, UK,
* S. RatcliffeddBarts Pain Research Group, Barts and The London NHS Trust, London, UK
* for ...
Read more : cannabis-based medicine in spasticity | Views : 3897 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Sativex

Potential Risk of Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy

Potential Risk of Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy With Natalizumab Therapy

Possible Interventions

Olaf Stüve, MD, PhD; Christina M. Marra, MD; Petra D. Cravens, PhD; Mahendra P. Singh, PhD; Wei Hu, MD, PhD; Amy Lovett-Racke, PhD; Nancy L. Monson, PhD; J. Theodore Phillips, MD, PhD; Jan W. Cohen Tervaert, MD, PhD; Richard A. Nash, MD; Hans-Peter Hartung, MD; Bernd C. Kieseier, MD; Michael M. Racke, MD; Elliot M. Frohman, MD, PhD; Bernhard Hemmer, MD

Arch Neurol. 2007;64:169-176. ...
Read more : Potential Risk of Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy | Views : 1011 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Determinants of Cerebral Atrophy Rate

Determinants of Cerebral Atrophy Rate at the Time of Diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis

Bas Jasperse, MD; Arjan Minneboo, MD; Vincent de Groot, MD; Nynke F. Kalkers, MD, PhD; Paul E. van Helden, MSc; Bernard M. J. Uitdehaag, MD, PhD; Frederik Barkhof, MD, PhD; Chris H. Polman, MD, PhD

Arch Neurol. 2007;64:190-194.

Objective To identify determinants visible on magnetic resonance imaging of the brain that explain the subsequent rate of cerebral atrophy in patients with recently ...
Read more : Determinants of Cerebral Atrophy Rate | Views : 812 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Inflammation may be protective

THELINKISHEREBOB

Hmm...now inflammation is a good thing :?

Dom.
Read more : Inflammation may be protective | Views : 1169 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

BBB leaks in lesions

If you can get through all the numbers and jargon in this abstract, I think it says that there is a small amount of BBB leakage in non-active lesions, and that natalizumab does nothing to stop this.

LeakyBBB
Dom.

PS Special clue for you, Bob: try clicking on the words 'leakyBBB' :D
Read more : BBB leaks in lesions | Views : 1127 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

SE NC US

Hi,
I was diagnosed in March 2005, RRMS. Like a lot of people on this site I'd had vague symptoms for years before the doctors made the official verdict. I seem to be on this weird "10-year" exacerbation schedule.
I still have lots of small things that occur, physically, but no major disability yet. I am mostly concerned with cognitive function, or what I consider the lack therof.
Began Avonex in June '06. The side ...
Read more : SE NC US | Views : 1386 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219653 • Total topics 22679 • Total members 14293

Contact us | Terms of Service