It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:53 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Histamine 2

Good article I just found. I am sure none of you will be surprised.... But still, a good article.

Brock

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2007/5/emw528759.htm
Read more : Histamine 2 | Views : 1186 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Dr Zang

I think this article is about the Dr Zang who developed the T cell vaccination. Interesting that GSK have snapped him up - they are one of the big players.

GlaxoSmithKline Launches Chinese R&D Centre with Appointment of Head in Shanghai 24 May 2007

Jingwu Zang to lead work on neurogenerative diseases.

GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) today announced the appointment of Jingwu Zang to head a new GSK research and development centre in Shanghai, China. His ...
Read more : Dr Zang | Views : 2765 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Copaxone Side Effect-Has this happened to you?

I was taking Copaxone for 5 years, and had the side effect I guess they call flushness, chest pain, palpitations, difficulty breathing. Doesn't sound very severe, until you are experiencing it. The first time it happened my husband called 911 I turned red my lips turned purple I grabbed my chest and collapsed on the bed I couldn't speak it was over in about 6 minutes that was the first time in 2005, then ...
Read more : Copaxone Side Effect-Has this happened to you? | Views : 1084 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

immune system research

I know, I know, maybe MS isn't autoimmune, but one way or another, some of our t-cells are up to no good...

Natural immune-control system may hold clue to treatment of autoimmune disease and tissue rejection, study finds

The immune system's ability to police itself may offer a new method of arresting the cells responsible for autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis and for the rejection of transplanted organs and tissues, scientists at Dana-Farber Cancer ...
Read more : immune system research | Views : 893 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

new neurons in old brains

Stem cell-related research...

New Neurons in Old Brains Exhibit Babylike Plasticity

May 23, 2007 - Scientific American - Johns Hopkins researchers have identified a two-week window in the young life of a new neuron in the adult brain when it is as adaptable as a brain cell in a newborn baby.
Researchers have identified a "critical period" during which new nerve cells in adult brains have the same capacity to learn as those in developing ...
Read more : new neurons in old brains | Views : 787 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Vanderbilt

I am just curious if anyone here has gone to the Vanderbilt clinic for testing and therapy for the ABX's.

Seems like it would be easier to work with doctors familiar with the protocol than to educate another, perhaps unbelieving, physician.

gwa
Read more : Vanderbilt | Views : 5401 | Replies : 20 | Forum : Antibiotics

California

They now have the go ahead from the courts, after two years of being held up, to proceed in distributing money for research with stem cells. The Supreme Court chose not to hear the case making it void. This is a huge step and I can only hope other states now follow.

Pete
Read more : California | Views : 1387 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Copaxone Seeping

I started Copaxone a month ago. Occasionally I find that it seeps out after the injection. When that happens, the site bleeds more than normal. I haven't withdrawn the needle early and I always do a 90 degree angle so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.

Do you find that your thighs are the worst pain wise afterwards? Sometimes I still feel it the next day.

Rachel
Read more : Copaxone Seeping | Views : 3318 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Copaxone

Hello from The OC

Hello

I have been lurking for a while and decided to finally post. I often post on the WebMD MS board.

My name is Rachel, I just turned 39, and was recently diagnosed with MS. I'm married and have two sons, ages 7 and 10, plus a dog. We live in Orange County, CA. I'm a pharmacist and still work half time. We have temporarily moved into an apartment b/c we are remodeling our house. ...
Read more : Hello from The OC | Views : 1100 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

GLUCOSAMINE-LIKE SUPPLEMENT INHIBITS MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS,

GLUCOSAMINE-LIKE SUPPLEMENT INHIBITS MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, TYPE 1 DIABETES

Metabolic therapy shows promise for treating autoimmune diseases, UC
Irvine study finds

Irvine, Calif., May 14, 2007 — A glucosamine-like dietary supplement
has been found to suppress the damaging autoimmune response seen in
multiple sclerosis and type-1 diabetes mellitus, according to
University of California, Irvine health sciences researchers.

In studies on mice, Dr. Michael Demetriou and colleagues with the UC
Irvine Center for Immunology found that N-acetylglucosamine ...
Read more : GLUCOSAMINE-LIKE SUPPLEMENT INHIBITS MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, | Views : 1437 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221776 • Total topics 23029 • Total members 14552

Contact us | Terms of Service