It is currently Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:19 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Hi, I'm Breeze

Hi - I hope I am doing this correctly..My name is Breeze and I just located this website. I am an RN on retirement disability thanks to "You Know What". I am married, have three grown sons who are off into the world. I am on Betaseron d/t experiencing site reactions from Rebif after a few years. So far, so good. Well, I'm off to see if this works. GWG
Read more : Hi, I'm Breeze | Views : 1583 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

LDN newbie

Hi Managed to get a prescription from my Doctor for LDN and will hopefully start sometime next week. Iam starting on 3mg liquid format.

Thought this was going to be mission impossible to obtain but fingers crossed no problems so far.
First I asked my Neuro about LDN and he stated that there is no evidence or findings of its treatment and also mentioned that it is only available in 50mg tablets, but had no ...
Read more : LDN newbie | Views : 3415 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Molecular Mimicry-thanks, NHE

Thanks for the explanation, NHE.

http://www.mult-sclerosis.org/MolecularMimicry.html

In my year of studying, I had not read such a clear description of this process. It must be frustrating for the elders on ThisisMS to have to continually answer newbie questions. I appreciate your time and patience and repetition.

The real irony in all of this is that my husband is actually OK with his diagnosis, and is dealing with it. He's ...
Read more : Molecular Mimicry-thanks, NHE | Views : 1347 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

MN 166

Dignan,

This should cheer you up.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j12 ... 1&w=464753

Ian
Read more : MN 166 | Views : 1630 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Glucosamine?

I know there are various products on the market now using glucosamine as a supplement. My question is, what effects does glucosamine have and is it beneficial?
Read more : Glucosamine? | Views : 1353 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Scaffold for stem cells

Stem cell scaffolding repairs nerves 31 January 2008

A Monash University PhD student has developed a new technique that could revolutionise stem cell treatment for Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's disease and spinal cord injuries.

David Nisbet from Monash University's Department of Materials Engineering has used existing polymer-based biodegradable fibres, 100 times smaller than a human hair, and re-engineered them to create a unique 3-D scaffold that could potentially allow stem cells to repair damaged nerves in ...
Read more : Scaffold for stem cells | Views : 1679 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Stem Cells

Franks WalkAid log

Yesterday I got a visit from a salesman of a swiss medical device company that is going to bring WalkAid to the german market.
The company is currently making its fist experiences with WalkAid in MS and so I'm allowed to noncommittaly try WalkAid for two or three month.

My first impression when we tried to configure the device was that it does work in lifting my foot up- and outwards but it takes the ...
Read more : Franks WalkAid log | Views : 6245 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Medical Devices

I just want to pee

As I am on Rebif, I have blood work done every three months to monitor liver and thyroid functions. Once a year the Dr. throws in all the other good stuff as well - cholesterol, glucose, fructose, oil levels and PSA.

Well, in Dec. I get a call from the Dr.'s office - my PSA level is up. He refers me to a urologist for further investigation.

So Monday of this week I wake up ...
Read more : I just want to pee | Views : 2303 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Daily Life

Stem cell lines created without destroying embryo

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=344588
In a bid to sidestep the ethical debate over the use of human embryos in medical research, scientists have developed a way to derive viable stem cell lines without harming the embryo.

They did so by extracting a single cell from the embryo — as in vitro fertilization clinics do when they test for genetic defects and introducing a common molecule called laminin to keep it in a stem cell, or pluripotent, state.

Subsequent development ...
Read more : Stem cell lines created without destroying embryo | Views : 1815 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Stem Cells

Accelerated Cure Project: The Cure Map

From The Cure Map:

"Known diseases are caused by one or more of only 5 root determinants:

1. Genetics (defects in, or bad combinations of, genetic information)
2. Pathogens (viruses, bacteria, prions)
3. Nutrition (imbalance in external substances the body requires)
4. Toxic Agents (chemical, electro-magnetic or nuclear radiation)
5. Trauma (physical damage)"

Is this really true? Here's from Medline Plus on Somatization Disorder:

"Somatization disorder is a chronic condition in which there are numerous ...
Read more : Accelerated Cure Project: The Cure Map | Views : 1377 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 227073 • Total topics 23943 • Total members 15242

Contact us | Terms of Service