It is currently Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:42 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Speech Problems

Hello,

I have a question about speech problems. Sometimes when I am trying to speak I will slur my words or not be able to think of a specific word to describe something that I would normally know.

I was speaking with a customer service rep today and I was trying to ask her a question. I could not put my question into words no matter how hard I tried. I knew what I wanted ...
Read more : Speech Problems | Views : 1725 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

If coffee is good for you

is tea good for you as well. I mean I know tea has antioxidants etc. and it's the caffeine in the coffee but I much prefer tea. Same benefits?
Read more : If coffee is good for you | Views : 2427 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Diet

Stem Cells May Protect Brain Against Itself

Stem Cells May Offer Stroke-Damaged Brain Protection Against Itself
By Aalok Mehta
October 13, 2008

Stem cells can drastically reduce the amount of damage following a stroke by limiting the body’s natural “overreaction” to the trauma, a new animal study has found.

Scientists have long known that stem cells seem to offer some protection against stroke damage, but how they did it was not clear. Perhaps the stem cells replace the dying neurons and replicate ...
Read more : Stem Cells May Protect Brain Against Itself | Views : 1662 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Stem Cells

Gender and MS

The European Charcot Foundation is holding its annual symposium next month which is focusing on gender. The programme is as follows:

http://www.charcot-ms.eu/Programme-page ... d2-128.htm

There have been several recent MS studies e.g. Denmark and France showing that MS is increasing among women. The following study coveres south east Wales. The final paragraph is interesting. Not sure what woman have been doing differently over the last few decades?

Increasing prevalence ...
Read more : Gender and MS | Views : 1583 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Would you complain about a therapist?

Hi
I was thrilled to go to a recent MS Therapy day where practitioners of complementary medicine gave people with MS a free massage.
It was organised bya branch of the MS society.
I got a foot massage and a head massage and was on cloud nine!

One odd thing though. The first woman told me "if you fight your MS you are fighting part of yourself. You have to learn to love your MS". ...
Read more : Would you complain about a therapist? | Views : 1934 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

A 5 year old's first job

A young family moved into a house, next to a vacant
lot. One day a construction crew began to build a house on the
empty lot. The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an
interest in the goings-on and spent much of each day observing the workers.
Eventually the construction crew, all of them "gems-in-the-rough,"
more or less, adopted her as a kind of project mascot. They
chatted with her during coffee and lunch breaks, ...
Read more : A 5 year old's first job | Views : 1250 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Humor

that a boy

lonely old widow in her 70's decided she wanted to get
married again so > she
put an ad in her local paper.
HUSBAND WANTED:
MUST BE IN MY AGE GROUP (70's),
MUST NOT BEAT ME,
MUST NOT RUN AROUND BEHIND MY BACK ON ME,
AND MUST STILL BE GOOD IN BED!
ALL APPLICANTS PLEASE APPLY IN PERSON.
1704 CHESTNUT DRIVE.

On the second day, she heard the doorbell. Much to her

dismay, she opened ...
Read more : that a boy | Views : 1233 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

Ottawa to ban baby bottles made with bisphenol A

Ottawa to ban baby bottles made with bisphenol A

The federal government announced Friday it intends to ban the import and sale of polycarbonate baby bottles containing bisphenol A, making Canada the first country in the world to limit exposure to the controversial chemical.

Health Canada began reassessing bisphenol A, along with a number of other chemicals, in November 2007. The review looked at human and animal studies around the world into how much of ...
Read more : Ottawa to ban baby bottles made with bisphenol A | Views : 1604 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Another reason to test insulin levels

I admit I watch too much TV; I am especially drawn to medical items.

Today I caught a report that scientists have identified two new risk factors for prostate cancer: obesity and high insulin level. (In fact, high insulin levels increased the risk 4 times!)

So, guys, you have another reason to request a fasting serum insulin test. (Make sure the sample will be frozen if the testing will not be done immediately.)
Read more : Another reason to test insulin levels | Views : 1401 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

autoimmune and inflammatory disorders (AIID)

Never heard this acronym before. To easy to miss-read it on a form.
Read more : autoimmune and inflammatory disorders (AIID) | Views : 1426 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233424 • Total topics 25045 • Total members 16205

Contact us | Terms of Service