It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:57 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

The ghost in your genes

Nova on PBS recently ran an interesting program which discussed epigenetics. You can read the full transcript here.

NHE
Read more : The ghost in your genes | Views : 1233 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Brain plasticity

Learning to see with your tongue.

Most of us see with our eyes, but what if we could see with other parts of our body, too? The idea may seem ridiculous, but it's already been done. Nearly a half-century ago, maverick neuroscientist Paul Bach-y-Rita discovered that it was possible to "rewire" the adult brain, connecting regions in ways no one ever had imagined. Today, his ideas have given a handful of blind people the ability ...
Read more : Brain plasticity | Views : 7816 | Replies : 52 | Forum : General Discussion

Reversal of Symptoms?

I have had six Tysabri infusions. I am wondering if anyone has experienced any reversal of symptoms? I am becoming frustrated :cry: Thanks for being there.
Lee
Read more : Reversal of Symptoms? | Views : 2961 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

I'm making myself a lab rat for n-acetylglucosamine

NOTE: Below this messege I've posted some very interesting information about a certain strain of Glucosamine that has dramatically helped mice with the animal model of MS. Since there are no human trials going on at the moment for this, I'm gonna do it to myself. Clinical studies move as slowly as my bowel movements. I'm not gonna sit around and wait.

I found this specifial glucosamine (n-acetyl) variety at ultimateglucosamine.com

They have a link ...
Read more : I'm making myself a lab rat for n-acetylglucosamine | Views : 8554 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Regimens

Hello From Roanoke, VA

Good Evening from Roanoke!

I am a MS patient currently on Tysabri. I have been following LDN for over three years. I cannot find a practioner to prescribe it "due to lack of clinical data".

I am on disability and rely on a walker, crutches to get around. I miss walking without the devices and find things quite depressing.

From what I have read on this site, I do receive encouragement.

Thanks for being there! ...
Read more : Hello From Roanoke, VA | Views : 1395 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Update on Me!

Hey everyone!
Guess what....After 10 years of meds and 17 years of symptoms...countless neuro appt's and blood draws and all the interferon one person can take, my NEW neuro at Mayo clinic IS NOT SURE IF I HAVE MS!!! That's right folks I said UNSURE.....Am I crazy? Go back day after Christmas for 2 days of all the tests you can think of. OH, of incidental note is a cyst in my pineal gland..By the ...
Read more : Update on Me! | Views : 3764 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

Extension blood draw scheduled!

Well if finally happened. Two months behind schedule, but it finally happened. Bob told me to call down to Opexa and bug them since I was all screwed up about nothing going on. Lo and behold, the next day my blood draw gets scheduled. Coincidence?? Probably since they said they did all the first round of blood draw scheduling that day. They scheduled me for Dec. 26. I'm so freakin' happy to get this process ...
Read more : Extension blood draw scheduled! | Views : 4862 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Merk Serono drug pipeline

Dignan,

It looks like Merk Serono are also looking at treatments targetting B cells. They have treatment in Phase II called Atacicept for MS (click on R&D October 2007). I couldn't see this on your pipeline list.

http://www.merckserono.net/en/merck_ser ... line.jsp#0

PS Osteopontin looks like it has moved up to Phase I
Read more : Merk Serono drug pipeline | Views : 1842 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

MBP 8298

BioMS are collaborating with Eli Lilly on MBP 8298 - which must be good news as the latter must have some confidence in the drug.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j12 ... 9&w=464753
Read more : MBP 8298 | Views : 1808 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Do you expect to deteriorate with time?

Hi guys,

I have recently been reading some posts on other ms forums and so many people seem to be doing quite badly with their ms.
So many different symptoms that they talk about like paralysis of a part of their body, total numbness, loss of bladder/bowel control, extreme fatigue, unable to cope with the heat, vertigo, dizziness, loss of speech, unable to walk etc etc.

I have never experienced any of these symptoms and ...
Read more : Do you expect to deteriorate with time? | Views : 2708 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 226253 • Total topics 23796 • Total members 15098

Contact us | Terms of Service