It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 5:39 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Safer Stem Cells?

Previous Article | Next Article

Enlarge Image
Picture of embryo

Settling In. Induced stem cells show up green in an eight-cell embryo (left) and the reproductive region of a chimera (center). The image on the right shows a chimeric mouse fetus.

Credit: H. Zhou et al., Cell Stem Cell 2009
Safer Stem Cells?

By Constance Holden
ScienceNOW Daily News
23 April 2009
Working with cell cultures and live mice, scientists have devised what may be ...
Read more : Safer Stem Cells? | Views : 1524 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Stem Cells

News from Opexa

Read more : News from Opexa | Views : 1812 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Free Copaxone

I am really bad at remembering to take my shot. I have an extra month of shot I will give to anyone who will pay me for shipping. I have no idea what to do with them. I'm coming up on the point I will not need to take it anymore either and I have no idea what to do with those either. I would hate to stop the RX, because I am sure someone ...
Read more : Free Copaxone | Views : 3980 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Copaxone

Fat Cells as MS treatment

Three multiple sclerosis patients treated with cells from their own fat tissue have shown a "dramatic improvement" researchers have reported.
One man became free of the agonising seizures that had plagued him for years.
Another regained his balance and co-ordination, and a third man who was previously paralysed was reported to be running and riding a bicycle.
However, scans showed that in all three patients sites of damage to the nervous system remained after the ...
Read more : Fat Cells as MS treatment | Views : 1965 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

I have a decision to make

I am unsure what to do about the Phase 3 Alemtuzumab study. I have been approved for it, but have not yet done the Screening and Baseline visits. They made some changes to it on 3/5/09, and now I would have a 1 - 3 chance of being radomized into the Rebif group, when before it was 1 - 5.

I am almost 50 years old. Yikes, I've never seen that in print, if ...
Read more : I have a decision to make | Views : 1544 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

new question?

Now my lower back (at the top of my buttocks)right side has this, on and off pinching type sensation,like somebody is pinching the inside of my back it started last night and is on and off today!Has anybody experienced this and were they told a specific problem :?: :?: And now all up my right side because of that ...
Read more : new question? | Views : 1516 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

New with questions

So, I was diagnosed with MS is 2007 and haven't even talked to anyone else with MS. I'm not sure why, I just never had a question. I'm a stay at home mom to a 2 year old son. I have never had a relapse.

Now to the questions. My husband and I are considering having another baby. However, we are worried about me going off the medication, the time it will take to get ...
Read more : New with questions | Views : 1389 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Copaxone

CCVI

You guys need to start a separate topic forum for CCVI. It's 38 pages long and its gotten to the point anyone new to it would have no clue where to even start.

Thanks folks!
Read more : CCVI | Views : 3020 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Suggestions

Lookee what I got! :-)

Copied from my e-mail!

Dear Jane,

Thank you very much for your e-mail and letters to Opexa. We appreciate all the effort you and the others are doing and have done to support Tovaxin, by word of mouth, over the Internet blogs and by participating in our clinical studies. I have made sure that the others you attempted to reach (Dr. Fox, Dr. McGuire and Donna Rill) have all received your message.

We are committed ...
Read more : Lookee what I got! :-) | Views : 1971 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Error Messages

Due to some recent changes in the forum database, you may encounter some errors that state...

These errors should be temporary and go away over time. However, to deal with them you should note the url for the posts you are attempting to view. It will say something like...

http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-6488-day ... c-555.html

This url produced the above error message. However, pay particular attention to the last set of ...
Read more : Error Messages | Views : 1576 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Support

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 238223 • Total topics 25913 • Total members 17175

Contact us | Terms of Service