It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:21 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Neurovax

Neurovax almost ready to start its next phase II trial.

The Immune Response Corporation Secures Key Partners for Launch of Phase II Trial of NeuroVax(TM) In Patients with Multiple Sclerosis

October 10, 2006 - PRNewswire-FirstCall - The Immune Response Corporation today announced that it has entered into an agreement with Accelsiors CRO & Consultancy Services, a clinical research organization (CRO) with extensive experience in conducting multiple sclerosis (MS) trials, to oversee the 200-patient Phase II ...
Read more : Neurovax | Views : 2036 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Quack warning!

I hadnt seen any references to this particular brand of quackery before and since it is potentially so dangerous I thought I'd post it. From Sunday Times 9 Oct 06

Hydrogen peroxide is a wonder drug to some, lethal to others

Katherine Bibeau was willing to try any treatment that would slow her decline from multiple sclerosis (MS) and keep her out of a wheelchair. In March 2004, after hearing about a “longevity physician” ...
Read more : Quack warning! | Views : 2181 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

hey LC!

i have only just started having a look at LDN because someone was all stoked with it on an introduction string. what an interesting read. how very interesting that it is an immune system BOOSTER! wow. so anyway, deals with correcting issues with the opioid system (which also happens to be affected in cases of anorexia and bulemia... i'm thinking vegan history could also be implicated???). links to glucose preference and insulin production. this is ...
Read more : hey LC! | Views : 826 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

MRIs

Shouldn't this have been thought of before?

1: Lancet Neurol. 2006 Oct;5(10):841-52.
MRI and the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis: expanding the concept of "no better explanation".Charil A, Yousry TA, Rovaris M, Barkhof F, De Stefano N, Fazekas F, Miller DH, Montalban X, Simon JH, Polman C, Filippi M.
Neuroimaging Research Unit, Department of Neurology, Scientific Institute and University Ospedale San Raffaele, Milan, Italy.

Although the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis relies on the demonstration of disease ...
Read more : MRIs | Views : 860 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

MultiCell Technologies

MultiCell Technologies Announces Strategic Initiatives for 2006 and 2007; Company to Focus on Advance of First-in-Class Immune-based Drug Candidates into Advanced Phase Human Clinical Trials

SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct 5, 2006 - MultiCell Technologies, Inc. (OTCBB:MCET), developing first-in-class drugs based on advanced immune system modulation and other proprietary technologies, has announced its Strategic Initiatives for the remainder of 2006 and beyond. The announcement was made by Dr. Stephen Chang, President and Chief Executive Officer of MultiCell. ...
Read more : MultiCell Technologies | Views : 1161 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Neuroprotection

Read more : Neuroprotection | Views : 792 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Neurobiology

This is difficult to understand (as a layman). I think they are saying that they are starting to understand more about this complex disease. I also get the impression that they are, at last, recognising that the auto-immune model is not a good one.

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... ology.html
Read more : Neurobiology | Views : 786 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

T Reg cells

I know it's EAE, but I think we'll be hearing a lot more about T Reg cells in the future.

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... expan.html
Read more : T Reg cells | Views : 781 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

weird sensation...

Hi folks, I've been wondering about posting this for a while but reluctant to do so as it seems a little odd. For a couple of months I have have an odd sensation in my right leg, usually when i'm sitting. It feels like a strong pulse beat and only lasts for a second or so. I can get a few in quick succession or only one a day. The leg itself doesn't move. Bizarre. ...
Read more : weird sensation... | Views : 1743 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Better times

As usual the breakthrough treatments are within a decade!

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j664094272&w=464753
Read more : Better times | Views : 911 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216322 • Total topics 22106 • Total members 13902