It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:30 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Bowel Incontinence?

I have had a rather bad week. It started with vision problems in my left eye where it is noticably more fuzzy than my right eye. I have also had periods where my legs feel tingly (like as I speak) and problems walking, feeling "wobbly". I also noticed that when I walk my left foot seems to turn outwards making my look a little clumsy.

In addition to all this, I had an episode last ...
Read more : Bowel Incontinence? | Views : 2071 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Diosmin

What do you think about Diosmin and CCSVI? Can it have any positive effects? In US it is sold as a supplement and in Europe on prescription (Detralex).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diosmin
Read more : Diosmin | Views : 1749 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

more on EBV

Linking Epstein-Barr Virus To Multiple Sclerosis
ScienceDaily (Sep. 15, 2009) — Over the last 40 years, Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) has been repeatedly associated with multiple sclerosis and other autoimmune diseases. During the 2nd European Congress of Immunology ECI 2009 held in Berlin, Francesca Aloisi, Istituto Superiore di Sanità, Rome, will present new data* that further support the link. In the brain lesions of patients with multiple sclerosis her team found abnormal accumulation of EBV infected ...
Read more : more on EBV | Views : 1213 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Optic neuritis but no vision loss?

Is it possible to have an attack of Optic neuritis with no vision loss? I had ON 2 times in the past. Years ago. recovered vision both times. But recently I have been getting severe headaches at night and my eyes hurt so bad! Tylnol does not help.

I did have a severe bout with dry eyes that was treated. We thought it was a side effect of the Cipro I took. But now my ...
Read more : Optic neuritis but no vision loss? | Views : 1712 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

MS ? and/or CCSVI ?

Hi all,
First i was dxd as having "Aqueductal stenosis" and was referred to the surgery dept for an operation,but the surgeons refused saying "It appears to be arrested hydrocephelus".I do have sweling and red spots at the feet , Bladder and bowel disfunction,difficulty in walking,Balance problem,Fatigue etc.Three years later i was dxd at a diffrent hospital as "Progressive Myelopathy Demyelination ? prograsive MS".Should i go for a check up again ?Your valued openion plz.... ...
Read more : MS ? and/or CCSVI ? | Views : 1346 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Steroid Injections helps patients with blocked eye veins

Just stubled over this one today. Might this be an additional/alternative explanation for the mechanism of action of steroids in MS relapse?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 172636.htm

--Frank

a late observation

I wrote on robbie's post, that my husband is still on abx, but as we have not done the flagyl pulses that much, I haven't had much to say. Well, then I thought there is one improvement, which is that he can often get through the night without having to go to the bathroom. That is pretty important, because it means he can sleep (if he isn't stressed and his brain is keeping him awake!). ...
Read more : a late observation | Views : 1722 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Antibiotics

How much ??

I have been wondering how much does the procedure cost?
Read more : How much ?? | Views : 1478 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Normal or not normal - temp sensitivity in cheeks?

Need a reality check here. The situation:

Warm, humid climate, so I'm feeling hot, sticky. I go wash my face with cool water. And I just don't seem to feel the coolness on my cheeks. If the water splashes on my neck, or edges of my face, I feel it there. But not on my cheeks/center of face.

Normal? (Maybe cheeks just aren't all that temp-sensitive?)
Pre-menopause? (I'm new to this, hot flashes just started ...
Read more : Normal or not normal - temp sensitivity in cheeks? | Views : 1508 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 243393 • Total topics 26760 • Total members 17867

Contact us | Terms of Service