It is currently Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:49 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

that a boy

lonely old widow in her 70's decided she wanted to get
married again so > she
put an ad in her local paper.
HUSBAND WANTED:
MUST BE IN MY AGE GROUP (70's),
MUST NOT BEAT ME,
MUST NOT RUN AROUND BEHIND MY BACK ON ME,
AND MUST STILL BE GOOD IN BED!
ALL APPLICANTS PLEASE APPLY IN PERSON.
1704 CHESTNUT DRIVE.

On the second day, she heard the doorbell. Much to her

dismay, she opened ...
Read more : that a boy | Views : 1234 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

Ottawa to ban baby bottles made with bisphenol A

Ottawa to ban baby bottles made with bisphenol A

The federal government announced Friday it intends to ban the import and sale of polycarbonate baby bottles containing bisphenol A, making Canada the first country in the world to limit exposure to the controversial chemical.

Health Canada began reassessing bisphenol A, along with a number of other chemicals, in November 2007. The review looked at human and animal studies around the world into how much of ...
Read more : Ottawa to ban baby bottles made with bisphenol A | Views : 1605 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Another reason to test insulin levels

I admit I watch too much TV; I am especially drawn to medical items.

Today I caught a report that scientists have identified two new risk factors for prostate cancer: obesity and high insulin level. (In fact, high insulin levels increased the risk 4 times!)

So, guys, you have another reason to request a fasting serum insulin test. (Make sure the sample will be frozen if the testing will not be done immediately.)
Read more : Another reason to test insulin levels | Views : 1401 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

autoimmune and inflammatory disorders (AIID)

Never heard this acronym before. To easy to miss-read it on a form.
Read more : autoimmune and inflammatory disorders (AIID) | Views : 1427 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Clear and consise explanation

I know most has been cover over and over, but I found the following, and it seems to cover most points regarding Campath's method of action, in a clear and concise mannor. Its not for MS specifically, but its the same compound being used.
Alemtuzumab
Pharmacology and use:

Campath is used to treat leukemia by exploiting antibody mediated lysis of CD52 presenting cells. The CD52 antigen is a cell surface protein found on essentially all ...
Read more : Clear and consise explanation | Views : 1778 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

about phase 3

Here's a relevant blog post:

http://pipeline.corante.com/archives/20 ... se_iii.php

It includes this quote, that I find particularly interesting:

Look, drugs fail. That happens because drug development is very difficult. Even Phase III drugs fail, probably more than they used to, thanks to stiffer endpoints and attempts to tackle trickier diseases. Lilly Research Laboratory president Steve Paul lamented at our recent PSA meeting that Phase III is "still pretty lousy," in ...
Read more : about phase 3 | Views : 1557 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Interesting find on Snopes.com about generic drugs

If you have ever wondered how much it costs a drug company for the active ingredient in prescription medications?

http://www.snopes.com/medical/drugs/generic.asp

Generic Prescription Drug Price Comparison Chart

http://web.wxyz.com/extras/040205-drugchart.html

Costco.com prices for :
lyrica 50mg
30ct=$68.28
50ct=$110.38
100ct=$217.08

I pay almost $400 for 90 50mg of Lyrica at our local Walgreen, which lasts me one month.
Read more : Interesting find on Snopes.com about generic drugs | Views : 1434 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Brain volume, white matter lesions and alcohol

Saw this article http://www.irishhealth.com/index.html?src=ez&link=MzA1Mg%3D%3D%0A&level=4&id=14444 on brain volume, alcohol consumption and white matter lesions in normal subjects.

While not on MS specifically, I found it interesting.
My brain must be the size of a pea after the kind of partying I did in my twenties. Wish I could turn back the clock on that. 8O
Read more : Brain volume, white matter lesions and alcohol | Views : 1630 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Vascular health

My mother had very severe MS and always used to bruise like a peach and had lots of little spidery veins in her legs as she got older but not many varicose veins. I too used to bruise like a peach but seem to have, perhaps temporarily, stopped. I was wanting to find out from everyone how they view their vascular health. Do you bruise easily? Do you have many spider veins on your face/legs? ...
Read more : Vascular health | Views : 6590 | Replies : 46 | Forum : General Discussion

post Rituxan blood work results

got my blood test results back today, and Rituxan has done what it was supposed to do, my B cell counts have indeed plummeted.

Now let's see if this has any beneficial effect on my MS. Sure hope so...
Read more : post Rituxan blood work results | Views : 3999 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Rituxan (Rituximab)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233433 • Total topics 25047 • Total members 16206

Contact us | Terms of Service