It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:18 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

new neurons in old brains

Stem cell-related research...

New Neurons in Old Brains Exhibit Babylike Plasticity

May 23, 2007 - Scientific American - Johns Hopkins researchers have identified a two-week window in the young life of a new neuron in the adult brain when it is as adaptable as a brain cell in a newborn baby.
Researchers have identified a "critical period" during which new nerve cells in adult brains have the same capacity to learn as those in developing ...
Read more : new neurons in old brains | Views : 788 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Vanderbilt

I am just curious if anyone here has gone to the Vanderbilt clinic for testing and therapy for the ABX's.

Seems like it would be easier to work with doctors familiar with the protocol than to educate another, perhaps unbelieving, physician.

gwa
Read more : Vanderbilt | Views : 5403 | Replies : 20 | Forum : Antibiotics

California

They now have the go ahead from the courts, after two years of being held up, to proceed in distributing money for research with stem cells. The Supreme Court chose not to hear the case making it void. This is a huge step and I can only hope other states now follow.

Pete
Read more : California | Views : 1388 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Copaxone Seeping

I started Copaxone a month ago. Occasionally I find that it seeps out after the injection. When that happens, the site bleeds more than normal. I haven't withdrawn the needle early and I always do a 90 degree angle so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.

Do you find that your thighs are the worst pain wise afterwards? Sometimes I still feel it the next day.

Rachel
Read more : Copaxone Seeping | Views : 3321 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Copaxone

Hello from The OC

Hello

I have been lurking for a while and decided to finally post. I often post on the WebMD MS board.

My name is Rachel, I just turned 39, and was recently diagnosed with MS. I'm married and have two sons, ages 7 and 10, plus a dog. We live in Orange County, CA. I'm a pharmacist and still work half time. We have temporarily moved into an apartment b/c we are remodeling our house. ...
Read more : Hello from The OC | Views : 1102 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

GLUCOSAMINE-LIKE SUPPLEMENT INHIBITS MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS,

GLUCOSAMINE-LIKE SUPPLEMENT INHIBITS MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, TYPE 1 DIABETES

Metabolic therapy shows promise for treating autoimmune diseases, UC
Irvine study finds

Irvine, Calif., May 14, 2007 — A glucosamine-like dietary supplement
has been found to suppress the damaging autoimmune response seen in
multiple sclerosis and type-1 diabetes mellitus, according to
University of California, Irvine health sciences researchers.

In studies on mice, Dr. Michael Demetriou and colleagues with the UC
Irvine Center for Immunology found that N-acetylglucosamine ...
Read more : GLUCOSAMINE-LIKE SUPPLEMENT INHIBITS MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, | Views : 1440 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Aimspro and the UK MS Society

From the Daval website

http://www.davalinternational.com/news/ ... php?nid=23

22/05/07 - The MS Society

We are aware that it is a common practice for those who are interested in learning more about Aimspro to make enquiries of the MS Society. Whilst we approve of the desire to understand our product, we do not consider that the MS Society will be able to provide the level of assistance that is required.
The ...
Read more : Aimspro and the UK MS Society | Views : 5587 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Aimspro

Demylination, but were afraid to ask?

I came accross this (oldish 1999) pdf while searching for something else. I have yet to read it, but flicking through it it appears to have a lot of explanations with diagrams of what is happening. I thought that someone else may find it interesting.
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/picrender.fcgi?artid=1692682&blobtype=pdf found at http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1692682
Abstract
The pathophysiology of multiple sclerosis is reviewed, with emphasis on the axonal conduction properties underlying the production of symptoms, and the course of the disease. ...
Read more : Demylination, but were afraid to ask? | Views : 1150 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Inosine

Hey,

Is there a best time to take Inosine?

With / without food?

Thanks
Read more : Inosine | Views : 1140 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Life after pulse roids

In a few weeks I have a follow up with my neurologist. This will mark a year since I switched to him and he changed my meds to Avonex with pulse Solu-medrol every month. I feel that my current therapies are benefiting me significantly when compared to my disease activity prior to changing therapies . He mentioned previously that he would order the pulse roids for a year or two. In case he does not ...
Read more : Life after pulse roids | Views : 1060 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221814 • Total topics 23035 • Total members 14554

Contact us | Terms of Service