It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:57 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Asking for just plain old encouragement

I've learned so much reading articles and going through this site and others that it's lead me to. Am starting to hone the supplement regimen and gravitating towards certain theories and interventions. I really appreciate TIMS. But all the great info and head-candy aside, I'm just plain discouraged right now.

In a short time out of the gate, I've seen my function go downhill. My N acknowledged that since I'm "atypical" I don't really get ...
Read more : Asking for just plain old encouragement | Views : 1342 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

New to the forum

Hi my name is Chris, I am new to the forum. I was diagnosed with MS back in may of 2008 however the doctors suspect now that I probably had it as far back as 2002/2003 due to some of the odd incidents that occurred to me back then. They diagnosed me as having RRMS, though the impression I was given by one neuro is leaning alot more towards Progressive. I currently have ON, My ...
Read more : New to the forum | Views : 1150 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Taking Copaxone & Rebif together

I will soon be adding Rebif to my Copaxone therapy. My neuro suggested it since Copaxone seems to have lost its efficacy. Has anyone else tried this?
Read more : Taking Copaxone & Rebif together | Views : 2474 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Regimens

Taking Copaxone AND Rebif together...

I live in Michigan, have had MS for ten years, spent the first five years undiagnosed and untreated, and have injected Copaxone for the latter 4.5 years. I will be adding Rebif injections next week. Yes, adding it, not replacing Copaxone with Rebif. I look forward to discussing my own personal clinical trial, taking both drugs at once, and reporting the effects.
Read more : Taking Copaxone AND Rebif together... | Views : 1259 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Introductions

clinical trials?

Does anyone know of any stem cell clinical trials happening in the us? I heard that there was one at the Cleveland clinic, but I can't find any info. I think it was based on fat cells??
-indigo
Read more : clinical trials? | Views : 1691 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Stem Cells

Your advice please - to cord blood or not

As the birth of our boy approaches, we're struggling with the decision whether or not to bank the cord blood.

I've done some reading, but the majority of what's out there seems to be biased toward banking it.

It costs about $1000 to set up, then another $125/year. This is one of the companies that works with our hospital: www.insception.com

Is there any benefit specifically for people with MS? ...
Read more : Your advice please - to cord blood or not | Views : 1199 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Near 2 month update, follow up, spreading the word.

So we're nearly two months out.

In the last week Mel's slipped back a bit.

Nothing major and no MS type symptoms but the initial super energy has gone.

This has coincided with a weird feeling in her neck/jaw on the left side.

Again, she is still doing great but just a general feeling of tiredness is coming back a bit. However this has coincided with 12 hour work days, lots of stress and she's ...

Memorial for Holly

Memorial for Holly

“peekaboo”

Member of ThisIS MS since February 9, 2009

Joined her God August 19, 2009 at 2:15 pm

Holly will continue to contribute to multiple sclerosis
Research at the Human Brain and Spinal Fluid Center, LA Calif.

Quotes from Holly:
Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:17 pm Post subject:
Hi kay -

TIMS has so many topics re:ms that it can keep you busy for some time. I hate to brag but ...
Read more : Memorial for Holly | Views : 3340 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Ponder This......(MRI)

I have had vertigo bad all day. The last time I was like this was after an MRI. I had an MRI two days ago, vertigo today. Now, I aint smart by no means, but I have a little common sense, wich got me to thinkin....
The MRI, uses sounds to make (something) dance and/or bounce around and the magnet to pull it into picture view, I think. What do you all think about this ...
Read more : Ponder This......(MRI) | Views : 1526 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Meet a man starting 2nd year of Campath

While I was getting my Tysabri Infusion we met a man and his wife who came in to say hello the infusion nurses. He said he would be back next week to start year 2 of Campath.

I asked if he thought it helped and he said definately, although he still could not tolerate the heat and humidity at all. He was excited to have year 2 infusions.

The infusion nurse also said they we ...
Read more : Meet a man starting 2nd year of Campath | Views : 2362 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 242274 • Total topics 26545 • Total members 17725

Contact us | Terms of Service