It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:53 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Firstly, stop reading this right now and go make some coffee...ok? now read on...oh, and maybe this has something to do with why statins might help in MS?

Daily caffeine 'protects brain'

The easy way to neutralise cholesterol?

BBC - Coffee may cut the risk of dementia by blocking the damage cholesterol can inflict on the body, research suggests.

The drink has already been linked to a lower risk of Alzheimer's Disease, and a study ...
Read more : caffeine | Views : 4678 | Replies : 28 | Forum : General Discussion

Prevention Magazine

I just received this month's Prevention Magazine. There is an article in it about 3 women who used alternative therapies for their various ailments. At the end of the article Prevention Magazine is asking readers to share their experiences about using alternative/unconventional therapies via a chat. This is a great way to get the word out about any alternative therapies that any of you have used that you have felt have been beneficial to you. ...
Read more : Prevention Magazine | Views : 1832 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

More general stem cell articles

Stem Cell Research Is Growing Again

Scientists in stem cell breakthough

That second one is about part-human, part-animal hybrid stem cells. I am thinking maybe they can turn people with MS into mice so they can benefit from all the drug trials we hear about.
Read more : More general stem cell articles | Views : 1539 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

First extension dose today

Well it finally happened. I got my first shots today and pretty much only have one thing to report. I did have a slight shot site reaction. No band-aid ring like Tim. The nurse had to circle "reactive" on the chart they fill out when they check after 5 minutes. It was very slight and it also itched slightly for about a half hour. By the time the hours was up, it was back to ...
Read more : First extension dose today | Views : 10228 | Replies : 71 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Profile Query

Why can't we show the things like where we live, hobbies etc. in our profiles? Location if nothing else. It's fun to see where people are from.
Read more : Profile Query | Views : 2829 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Suggestions

Molecular pathway to disease identified

This article reveals a molecular pathway which can be involved with disease development and which can, in a striking parallel with all the possible triggers for MS, be activated by a wide range of environmental factors.
I'm not sure about such sweeping statements as, " Th 17 cell activity is the cause of… multiple sclerosis", but then I suppose that's journalists for you:
Scientists working at the MRC National Institute for Medical Research have shown ...
Read more : Molecular pathway to disease identified | Views : 1406 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

MN-166 data being presented in June. ... 7&w=464753
Read more : MN-166 | Views : 1844 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Interviews with researchers

Here are interviews with the researchers who presented at last weekend's MS Life Conference. ... index.html
Read more : Interviews with researchers | Views : 1315 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

dear members my name is seeva. any of our members know about GRAHAM-STETER FILTERS.I have recived a e.mail from one of my m.s friend
within three days reported walking unaid or they were practically cured after installed 14 filters in their home.Acording to MR. HAVAS who is a scentist and a professeor at TRENT UNIVERSITY inventer this filter and can cure any pain ...
Read more : RE; GRAHAM-STETZER FILTERS | Views : 2067 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Regimens

Fasting could offer protection from chemotherapy effects

I wonder if this approach would make chemo more or less effective for MS. How immune cells are effected by starvation I guess is the real question.

A new study is suggesting that short-term fasting could help protect cancer patients against the effects of chemotherapy.

Scientists from the University of Southern California have found in experiments with mice that fasting strengthens healthy cells but not cancer cells, and they are optimistic such strategies could be ...
Read more : Fasting could offer protection from chemotherapy effects | Views : 1097 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228673 • Total topics 24195 • Total members 15489

Contact us | Terms of Service