It is currently Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:09 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Read more : 123 | Views : 2826 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Winter Blues

Does anyone else have trouble with increased fatigue in late winter early spring? I was only dx two years ago, but it seems like late winter is turning out to be a hard time for me. Anything we can do? I am already taking vit d. I have read that MS does seem to have a natural cycle which matches the seasons? Do we just suck it up and make it through to sunny nice ...
Read more : Winter Blues | Views : 2965 | Replies : 20 | Forum : General Discussion

Anecdote's continuing itinerary through light and shadow

I have decided, since I have finished my regime but am still getting improvements to move to the Antibiotics forum, so here I am, with a link to where I started back in August 2003.

Well, its now March 2008 and I have not had an MS episode since that time, whereas prior to that, with rapidly advancing secondary progressive disease I was deteriorating by the day with the odd relapse still thrown in. ...
Read more : Anecdote's continuing itinerary through light and shadow | Views : 9122 | Replies : 36 | Forum : Antibiotics

Bladder Spasms, please help

I have trouble urinating... certain things relieve the spasms that prevent me from urinating, but I haven't found a really solid way of treating this.

Is there ANYTHING out there that could possibly help me urinate better? Some sort of natural remedy?

Glucosamine helped me somewhat with urinating, but didn't relieve it as much as I expected in the end.

Anyway, please help!
Read more : Bladder Spasms, please help | Views : 10063 | Replies : 23 | Forum : Regimens

VCV at relapse

I thought this was interesting since this virus has come up before, and this study seems to show that reactivation coincides almost perfectly with relapses. I'd like to understand how and why this reactivation occurs – anyone know?

Ann Neurol. 2008 Feb 27
Related Articles

Varicella-zoster virus in cerebrospinal fluid at relapses of multiple sclerosis.

Sotelo J, Martínez-Palomo A, Ordoñez G, Pineda B.

Neuroimmunology Unit, National Institute of Neurology and Neurosurgery, ...
Read more : VCV at relapse | Views : 1511 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Im so confused, I need so direction

ok, Im 21 years old, very active person up til this point I was working 2 jobs one fore 40 hours the other for about 20 hours. Because the doctor said I quit my 20 hour a week job, and now just do the 40 hours.
I woke up with numbnesss and tingling from mid torso down about 1 month ago, no past issues with numbness or anything. I figured it was nothing and waited ...
Read more : Im so confused, I need so direction | Views : 1805 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

MS and the need for a peaceful heart

I have found it is important in my life for not only my body to be taken care of- but my heart also. A peaceful heart has become an inportant part of my day. Prayer and "Be Still and Know" is more important each day. Without that base, the fluctuations in the symptoms would drive me crazy!
Read more : MS and the need for a peaceful heart | Views : 3425 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Mental & Spiritual Health

Here is a story relayed to me from someone I know who works in retirement facility. I am sharing because we have gotten so many laughs from the story I share it at every opportunity!

(names changed)

"Help! Help!, said 90 year old Mary Sue.
"what's wrong Mary Sue?, said the health aide.
"What's this?" said Mary Sue as she pointed to her lower leg at the same time she is lifting it up into ...
Read more : Drysin | Views : 1568 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

Hello there!

Hi there from PA!
"Oh, But you you look so good!"
I was Dx in 2001 with RRMS after being paralyzed from the neck down. I regain feeling and then use of my arms within a few weeks. It took me though a few years to get back up on my feet and walking again. To look at me now, you would never know what my body had been though!
I am a support group ...
Read more : Hello there! | Views : 1315 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Total posts 227744 • Total topics 24058 • Total members 15407

Contact us | Terms of Service