It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:11 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Balo's Concentric Sclerosis

Hello everyone-
I realise that this is an MS website but I was hoping that someone might still be able to give me some help or advice.
Last week I was diagnosed with Balo's Concentric Sclerosis. As it's pretty rare (my Neurologist has never seen it before) I am trying to do as much research as possible. I am also trying to find other people that have also been diagnosed with Balo's- if anyone is ...
Read more : Balo's Concentric Sclerosis | Views : 5126 | Replies : 28 | Forum : General Discussion

I have a new theracycle 100 (the one that does all the work for you). It is a wonderful passive exercise machine. I am no longer physically able to strap my feet in to the foot plates and I was wondering if anyone knows where I could post this for sale.
Read more : Theracycle | Views : 1426 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Getting the Ball Rolling (aka "Rough Draft")

Get your cyber blue pencils at the ready and have fun! If I don't have to do TOO many re-writes, I (we) might get this out by week's end!

God Bless Us One and All...

My full address
Their full address w/their exciting titles, of course

Dear Dr./Mr./Ms. So-and-So:

My name is Jane ____ (not “the Pain” because this is VERY official, dontcha know?) and I was a patient in the Tovaxin clinical study ...
Read more : Getting the Ball Rolling (aka "Rough Draft") | Views : 3275 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Something positive

I just wanted to post something positive because I have had a pretty rough year and am usually moaning more often than not.

For the first time in months (maybe more than a year) I had a great surge of energy last night. I did so much when I got in from work - cooked evening meal and an extra casserole for tonight as we will be going out, did a whole bunch of housework ...
Read more : Something positive | Views : 1808 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

White Nails and MS

I've been having white nails for around 8 years now. When I say it's white, the entire nail is as white as a ghost. I'm not talking about occasional white clouds that appear in normal persons from time to time. I want to know if it was normal for people with MS or people with low B12 level? I had low B12 in the order of 130 pg/ml when I last tested it.

Thanks, ...
Read more : White Nails and MS | Views : 1654 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Need Advice

My daughter has been in a coma for a month now and her doctor just got back results from a second biopsy. His Official Diagnosis: Inflammatory Disease of Brain-Inflammatory driven by B & T cells. He said no antibodies where found so he was not going to start her back on plasmapheresis which she was on for about 6 days with steroids. She is currently on 1000 mg of steroids per day. The doctor has ...
Read more : Need Advice | Views : 1652 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)-

« Moderator's Note: This is the original thread that began the discussion of CCSVI here at ThisIsMS. Its status was changed to "sticky" to make it easy to find for people to get a historical perspective on the development of the discussion here. There are also several good references cited which may or may not be available in the other threads. NHE »
Dignan recently posted the link to Dr. Paolo Zamboni's abstract on ...

I stopped taking Mirapex about three days ago to see what it would be like not to take it. Well the last two nights I have had night sweats so bad that I had to get up during the night and change. I usually take three 5 mg Mirapex a day to control my RLS. For the life of me I can't figure out why this is happening. Has anyone else had these night sweats ...
Read more : Weird | Views : 1427 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Possible MS dx

Awaiting appt. with Neurologist and gathering all the information I can. It feels soooo overwhelming!

so glad there are places like this to help!
Read more : Possible MS dx | Views : 1171 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Total posts 234579 • Total topics 25251 • Total members 16459

Contact us | Terms of Service