It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:21 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Ponder This......(MRI)

I have had vertigo bad all day. The last time I was like this was after an MRI. I had an MRI two days ago, vertigo today. Now, I aint smart by no means, but I have a little common sense, wich got me to thinkin....
The MRI, uses sounds to make (something) dance and/or bounce around and the magnet to pull it into picture view, I think. What do you all think about this ...
Read more : Ponder This......(MRI) | Views : 1534 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Meet a man starting 2nd year of Campath

While I was getting my Tysabri Infusion we met a man and his wife who came in to say hello the infusion nurses. He said he would be back next week to start year 2 of Campath.

I asked if he thought it helped and he said definately, although he still could not tolerate the heat and humidity at all. He was excited to have year 2 infusions.

The infusion nurse also said they we ...
Read more : Meet a man starting 2nd year of Campath | Views : 2392 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Schedule of Post HiCy Follow Up Appointments...

I just completed my first year of every three month appointments. Are we supposed to follow up every three months for the second year as well?

Thanks,
Steve

Inexpensive Hypertension Drug Could Be Multiple Sclerosis Tr

This one is currious!
Inexpensive Hypertension Drug Could Be Multiple Sclerosis Treatment, Study Suggests

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 184437.htm

First authorship of the paper is shared by two postdoctoral researchers in Steinman's lab: Michael Platten, MD, and Sawsan Youssef, PhD.
Professor Lawrence Steinman, MD-This fellow has been around the block on MS for quite awhile.
The paper is Quite a departure from his regular "funding streams", Reminds me of the blood ...
Read more : Inexpensive Hypertension Drug Could Be Multiple Sclerosis Tr | Views : 3139 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Questions on the Symptoms

I am at the begining stages of being test for MS. I had an episode where my entire left side went numb for about 3 hours (on vacation of course!) and then I regained feeling and movement. After a visit with my doctor, his first thought is MS. I have my MRI at the end of this week and I am incredibly worried. I have a few odd symptoms and I'm wondering if others have ...
Read more : Questions on the Symptoms | Views : 1486 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Relapse

Hi

Sorry I haven't been around much for a while. It has been one of those years and I have been trying to live ignoring the fact that I have MS. Unfortunately I have had another relapse which is having a pretty big impact on my life. Both my legs are weak and I trouble picking them up to walk, my arms are weak and my hands shake, my balance is off. Fatigue pretty bad ...
Read more : Relapse | Views : 2453 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Stent Questions

A couple of stent question to quell my curiosity.
1. What did Zamboni mean by the following.
However, no attempt at a stenting procedure was made in the absence of a dedicated device capable of preventing migration. This device would fit the particular morphology of the intemal jugular vein, similar to a upside down milk bottle, and, finally avoid protrusion into the brachiocephalic trunk.

2. Where in relation to the stents Dr Dake is inserting, ...
Read more : Stent Questions | Views : 1651 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Hello....question

Hello, my name alda, I have the relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis, I read with interest that one could improve the situation by reducing cerebrospinal vascular problems. Let me know if there are Italian patients who have undergone this method and they appear to have had.
thanks
Read more : Hello....question | Views : 1223 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Received another opinion, and off to NIH tomorrow

With what's going on with Holly, this seems incredibly unimportant, but I'll be gone for a few days and wanted to post this before I left.

Just to review, the report that came with my CT scan said that everything was "within normal ranges". Doctor Dake reported over the phone that he saw rather severe occlusions (pancaking) in both upper jugulars. I asked him to send me a written account of his impressions, and received ...

How will I survive financially?

I was diagnosed with RRMS when I was 15 years old. At the age of 18, my level of fatigue was so high that I had trouble functioning (I have tried all the drugs but they do not help). I almost completed University. I graduated from high school with a 90% average and I had an A average in the courses that I completed at University. I have tried working on numerous occasions but after ...
Read more : How will I survive financially? | Views : 1838 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 242879 • Total topics 26657 • Total members 17822

Contact us | Terms of Service