It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:12 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Brain MRI w/Contrast

I'm going today, in about an hour and a half and was just hoping to get some last minute advice and a few questions answered. With contrast, do I get a shot or am I hooked up to an IV and given whatever it is that way?

I have a permanent retainer, anyone have an MRI with metal in their mouth?

Other then that, I think I'm ready. Nervous, but ready. Oh, how long until ...
Read more : Brain MRI w/Contrast | Views : 9924 | Replies : 37 | Forum : General Discussion

Breathing Problems

Hi,

I have a question for you. Lately I have been having problems breathing. I feel like I have been running and can't catch my breath even though I have not done anything strenuous. I have tried to pay attention to how I am breathing and not breathe too fast. I have to take deep frequent breaths and I still feel like I am not getting enough air. My lips are not blue or anyting. ...
Read more : Breathing Problems | Views : 1532 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Copaxone's mechanism of action?

Most copaxone users know about the dreaded heart racing, flushing, blood rushing side effect. Even if you've never had this reaction, you're told to look out for it. Jeff had it once after taking his injection after exercising. Guess what causes it? vasodilation.

Vasodilation is listed as one of the major side effects of Copaxone. Could it be that this side effect is the mechanism of action for this drug? Researchers have told us they ...
Read more : Copaxone's mechanism of action? | Views : 2668 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Other options

I'm curious what other options there are to stent insertion. In effect, we know that Dr. Michael Dake at Stanford is inserting stents to correct the CCSVI stenoses. We also know that Dr. Zamboni is using a different surgical procedure that does not require stents. However, do we know exactly what Dr. Zamboni is doing surgically? Is it a one time fix? Does it require continual use of blood thinners, e.g., Plavix, comparable to the ...
Read more : Other options | Views : 6122 | Replies : 38 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

advice on a planned vacation

am appreciating any advice one might have on a planned vacation. My husband and I will be going on a vacation that brings us to warm/hot but beautiful breezes, in December. I live in NJ and managed to get through these past 2 days of warm with no worse feelings from the heat, spend most of the time in the pool, however, last month we had a hot, humid day that just doing anything took ...
Read more : advice on a planned vacation | Views : 2105 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Daily Life

Read more : 123 | Views : 2370 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Hip Replacement Surgery

Hello all. My bf has MS and was on prednisone for years. It ate away his joints and now at age 38 he needs hip replacement surgery. We are worried about how someone with MS recovers from this major surgery. Has anyone here had hip replacement surgery?

He cannot walk a step hardly anymore and his neurologist said that MRI's show that it is not the MS but the deteriorating hip that is causing the ...
Read more : Hip Replacement Surgery | Views : 1778 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

another newbie

hi all, i am new also. I was diagnosed 2 months ago after several testings, my biggest issues are with walking, my gait, just alot of weakness. I am 52, my brother also has MS, he is 2 years older than me and was diagnosed at age 50, we are both kind of on the older side to be diagnosed, but who knows how long its been going on , expecially with myself, I have ...
Read more : another newbie | Views : 1342 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Introductions

Getting Ready for Stanford

I noticed that Mark and I sort of hijacked Holly's thread by discussing the medical records he should take. So, I decided to start a new thread to help those who are on their way to Stanford. I think having the tips and suggestions in one place will help those who are on their way. This is also a good place to ask the general questions......

Here are some topics that could be (and have ...
Read more : Getting Ready for Stanford | Views : 7208 | Replies : 44 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Got an email from Dr. Kerr regarding my MRI on Thursday.

"got it. the MRI looks great Chris. The MS is completely and totally inactive. Good news!!"

That is the email I got from the good doctor verbatim.

So it definitely looks like the treatment in addition to the Copaxone has cured the Auto Immune side of MS. I am going to use the word cure until I pop something active or new again.

I am a believer this may be a venous issue so even ...

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 239737 • Total topics 26176 • Total members 17436

Contact us | Terms of Service