It is currently Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:18 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Why R most Tysabri-PML cases in europe?

I'm confused - according to that data...

<shortened url>

... 20,200 people in the US are on Tysabri and 16,900 outside US.

BUT: There are until now 5 PML cases (Tysabri mono therapy)

1 in the US
4 in Europe (out of the 4 there are 3 !! Germans)

What is happening? Better screening for PML risk candidates in the US? Higher JC virus prevalence in europe?

Any comments?

Thank you,
Sandrine
Read more : Why R most Tysabri-PML cases in europe? | Views : 1423 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

another MS genetics discovery

Another promising finding...

Statistical analysis could yield new drug target for MS

February 11, 2009 - PhysOrg.com - An elaborate statistical analysis of genes from more than 7,000 individuals has identified an amino acid that appears to be a major risk factor for multiple sclerosis, a devastating autoimmune disorder that afflicts 2.5 million people worldwide. In research published this month in BMC Medical Genetics, scientists from The Rockefeller University and colleagues from the University of ...
Read more : another MS genetics discovery | Views : 1502 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

My book

I have written a short book about a few of the memorable days in the first 3 years during and after my diagnosis of MS.
If you or anyone that you know would be interested in getting a copy of my new book, You can find it here http://www.chriscoxrox.com/book.html

Please pass this on to anyone you might know that you think would like this
Read more : My book | Views : 1317 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Daily Life

My MS

I have written a short book about a few of the memorable days in the first 3 years during and after my diagnosis of MS.
If you or anyone that you know would be interested in getting a copy of my new book, You can find it here http://www.chriscoxrox.com/book.html

Please pass this on to anyone you might know that you think would like this
Read more : My MS | Views : 1324 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Introduction to Inclined Bed Therapy for Multiple Sclerosis

I am 53 years young, Happily Married for 29 years with two grown up sons.

I have been researching neurological conditions for 16 years now, following a simple discovery in circulation, which began trying to understand how trees lift water to their leaves without a pump, Little did I know at this time that questioning some erroneous science literature would have such far reaching implications for so many people. Some of you may have read ...
Read more : Introduction to Inclined Bed Therapy for Multiple Sclerosis | Views : 6920 | Replies : 42 | Forum : Introductions

happy v-day courtesy of onion news

I Wish I'd Spent Valentine's Day Eating A Prix Fixe Dinner, But I Was Too Busy Getting Beheaded
http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion ... ntines_day
Read more : happy v-day courtesy of onion news | Views : 1447 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Humor

Tysabri diary

Had my second infusion on sunday morning. After the first one I was wiped out, muscle and joint pain that had gone away came back with a vegenace. The second one has been easier -and I drove a roundtrip of 6 hours on monday, which I haven't done since my last relapse in Nov so perhaps things are looking up.
Read more : Tysabri diary | Views : 1586 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Stem Cell Transplant Segment on The Early Show

I’m not sure if this is going to work, but I’ll give it a shot. I don’t know if anyone saw this, but it’s a segment that aired on the CBS Early Show today. It’s about a MS patient who underwent a stem cell transplant and seems to have had very good results. Phase I trial and all that, but still interesting…
If the link doesn’t work, just go to cbsnews.com, click on The Early ...
Read more : Stem Cell Transplant Segment on The Early Show | Views : 4598 | Replies : 35 | Forum : General Discussion

TwistedHelix is OK

Read more : TwistedHelix is OK | Views : 1817 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Dr Sadiq - MsResearch Centre New York

Hi guys, have you heard of this doctor and the centre. In Manhattan.
Luciano Pavarotti's wife Nicoletta Mantovani who turns out to have been suffering from the desease for more than 10 years, visits monthly this centre and this doctor. I am very curious to know what she has been doing there?
Perhaps there is some of you who themselves have visited the clinic...?
Read more : Dr Sadiq - MsResearch Centre New York | Views : 2785 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 236319 • Total topics 25604 • Total members 16904

Contact us | Terms of Service