It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:41 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Tysabri question from a newbie

:?: I finally think that I will be getting my first infusion of Tysabri and am anxiously awaiting my dr submitting the enrollement paperwork that we filled out last week (actually it will be my second infusion because I got one dose in the week before it was taken off the market.) Anyhoo I can't believe my luck!!! 8O ...
Read more : Tysabri question from a newbie | Views : 1889 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

MS, Depression & Me

Depression, MS & Me

My psychologist recently told me I need to redefine myself internally. I am trying unsuccessfully to do that. I felt the need to put something on paper regarding my current state of mind. Here goes:

Multiple Sclerosis – Since my diagnosis in 2001 at the age of 31 I have been progressively getting worse with multiple symptoms that affect my balance, strength, coordination, vision and hearing. At first they were mild ...
Read more : MS, Depression & Me | Views : 3418 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General Discussion

TOVAXIN ROLE CALL

oo
Read more : TOVAXIN ROLE CALL | Views : 39565 | Replies : 339 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Just in time for Christmas

My husband Steve has just reached the peaking period following his 2nd flagyl pulse on the Wheldon Combined Antibiotic Protocol. This is so exciting for us right now, because his improvement is already demonstrable and will be a terrific surprise for our family members who will see him over the Christmas holiday. We want all of them to celebrate this journey with us.

Steve is also on antiviral treatment for CMV and EBV, chelation therapy ...
Read more : Just in time for Christmas | Views : 2049 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Regimens

LDN and possible raised ck levels as side effect

Urgent Question: Has anyone had any experience of low dose naltrexone raising their ck (creatine kinase) levels? I've finally persuaded my doctor to let me try LDN, and 10 days after starting I had a regular 3-monthly blood test that I have for other medical screening purposes, and it showed elevated ck levels, suggesting muscle damage is happening. I'm having a re-test next week, but before then I'm trying to find out if this is ...
Read more : LDN and possible raised ck levels as side effect | Views : 1829 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

The MSRC MS 24 Hour Telephone Counselling Service

The MSRC 24 Hour Telephone MS Counselling Service

Please note the MSRC 24 Hour MS Freephone Telephone Counselling Service will be fully operational throughout the WHOLE Christmas Break including Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day on 0800 783 0518 (Option 1)
Read more : The MSRC MS 24 Hour Telephone Counselling Service | Views : 1087 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Avonex and heart issues

Hi--I'm new here, this is my first post. I have been on Avonex for a little over two years. Recently, I started experiencing heart palpitations and twinges of chest pain around my sternum. I made an appt. to see my PCP and start getting a work-up for my heart--also to ask if I'm having anxiety attacks or something.

However, I called my neuro today since I was curious about the cardiac warning on Avonex. She ...
Read more : Avonex and heart issues | Views : 4865 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Avonex

Hughes and MS, diagnosing them?

Hi
I am sure most of you have seen the recent stories on Hughes syndrome (Antiphospholipid syndrome or "sticky blood") and up to possibly 5% of people with MS being misdiagnosed.......and actually having Hughes instead?
http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseact ... pageid=736

I'm just wondering, is it possible to have both MS and Hughes, or are they either/or?
It's just that I have now sadly had 3 miscarriages, latest one being a week ...
Read more : Hughes and MS, diagnosing them? | Views : 2074 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

Today's Vitamin D study results

Read more : Today's Vitamin D study results | Views : 3922 | Replies : 33 | Forum : General Discussion

PML research

Biogen recently purchased a biotech company that was doing research on PML. I think I read about this here, but cannot find the name of the company.

It seems really odd to me that Biogen has now had two of their drugs, Tysarbi and Rituxin, linked to PML and they just recently happened to buy a company researching PML.

Who wants to be a lab rat for their next product? Not me.
Read more : PML research | Views : 1231 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218655 • Total topics 22531 • Total members 14176