It is currently Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:32 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Canada stem cell news

stem cells made from human skin

report in english...
http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadi ... 6uJKg4YFiw

in journalspeak...
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/va ... 07863.html
Read more : Canada stem cell news | Views : 1317 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

hereditary or not what percentage?

Hi I have been reading up on MS and am confused at what the percentage rate is for people who have family history compared to who doesn't.
I have been told by a friend it is unlikely for me to have because no family of mine has any autoimmune disease.

Would love some feedback please?

Jules
Read more : hereditary or not what percentage? | Views : 3137 | Replies : 20 | Forum : General Discussion

On a personal note- lost my Dad

My dad (77) passed away yesterday. He went peacefully, unmedicated, and seemingly pain free. He had fought with great strength and determination a 9 year battle with cancer.
The battle became quite hard during the last month.
I will miss him.
For the MS twist on this... if stress is a factor, I am in for it.
I loved my Daddy.
Read more : On a personal note- lost my Dad | Views : 1698 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

Halls Vitamin C Drops – Why an MS warning?

A couple years ago I noticed that Halls Vitamin C drops have a warning on the package that the drops shouldn’t be taken by people with MS. I used to keep them on hand to take if I was tired or felt a cold/sore throat coming on. Plus, it seemed like an easy way to get Vitamin C. Then one day I happened to read the warning label, and I haven’t taken them since. This ...
Read more : Halls Vitamin C Drops – Why an MS warning? | Views : 2066 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Seeing an opthamolagist, any hints?

From another thread.
EyeDoc wrote:As an aside: The OCT is a wonderful tool for measuring the thickness of the retinal nerve fibre layer. This is the layer that carries light signals into the optic nerve which allows us to see. OCT is currently covered by insurances and used for diagnosing and following glaucoma patients. There are other disease that can affect this layer, including MS, but medical insurance coverage is not complete. Irregardless, I do baseline OCT ...
Read more : Seeing an opthamolagist, any hints? | Views : 1483 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

safer way to make stem cells and more progress

Researchers find safer way to make stem cells

By Ben Hirschler Ben Hirschler – Sun Mar 1, 1:11 pm ET

LONDON (Reuters) – Researchers said on Sunday they had found a safer way to transform ordinary skin cells into powerful stem cells in a move that could eventually remove the need to use human embryos.

It is the first time that scientists have turned skin cells into induced pluripotent stem cells or iPS cells -- ...
Read more : safer way to make stem cells and more progress | Views : 1412 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Antibiotics

Hi All,
I am thinking of starting the abx CAP soon.
My question is what are the symptoms associated with the bacteria dying off? Do the sx manifest themselves as new MS like sx or as fatigue or something else?

L x
Read more : Antibiotics | Views : 2390 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Antibiotics

What phase of testing is revimmue in?

If I read correctly revimmune is still being tested and they are doing randomized testing? Anyone know what phase they are in and when and if this will be available to everyone?

I find it crazy that we can get tysabri and soon campeth and some other IV drug which in my opinion seem to be far more dangerous yet revimmune is not offered to us in the same way. Can anyone explain to me ...
Read more : What phase of testing is revimmue in? | Views : 2100 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Nyquil

Anyone else have any strange reactions after taking this stuff?
Read more : Nyquil | Views : 1565 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

I Started an MS Blog

Well, it's actually an "MS blog" as well as a "wheelchair blog" as well as a "me blog". But I guess that's what blogging is all about.

The response to the video I posted last week was so positive that it pushed me to finally enter the blogosphere, something I've resisted for a long time.

Please check it out, and tell me what you think.

www.WheelchairKamikaze.com
Read more : I Started an MS Blog | Views : 1836 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 237021 • Total topics 25704 • Total members 16997

Contact us | Terms of Service