It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:10 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

This technology / approach may provide answers linking viruses and diseases such as MS. ... 3&w=464753
Read more : Viruses | Views : 1196 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Read more : 123 | Views : 2333 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Just wondering how much the treatment costs at JH for people with uncomplying insurance companies ?

Read more : COST ? | Views : 5670 | Replies : 36 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

We just got back home from Johns Hopkins.

It was quite the experience.

We met with Dr Hammond initially who had a much clearer picture of Mel's status than her own neurologist.

We'd brought the mri's on a CD so he took them away for ten minutes or so. Prior to that he gave Mel a bunch of tests with some surprising (and disappointing) results.

Carrie then came in and introduced herself. She's great.

Then Dr Hammond came back with the famous Dr ...
Read more : We just got back home from Johns Hopkins. | Views : 1843 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Thank You All

I've read many of the threads and am learning so much from all of you on so many levels. I wanted to thank you all for your candor and the opportunity to learn from you all.

In all humility.

Thank You All
Read more : Thank You All | Views : 1187 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

BTG Initiates Clinical Study of Novel Multiple Sclerosis Treatment 06 March 2008

BTG plc, the life sciences company, announces that dosing has commenced in a Phase I clinical study of BGC20-0134, a potential treatment for multiple sclerosis.

The randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study will assess the pharmacodynamic, pharmacokinetic and safety profiles of single and multiple oral doses of BGC20-0134 in healthy volunteers.

Louise Makin, BTG's chief executive officer, commented: "The effective treatment of multiple sclerosis ...
Read more : BGC20-0134 | Views : 2111 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Mitochondrial Disease, Thimerosal and Links to MS

Watching conference regarding first ever award to the family of a little girl in Georgia diagnosed with autism, set off by vaccines with thimerosal which activated mitochondrial disorder, a maternally inherited disease. ... gD8V7I5FO0

Mitochondrial Disorder has been linked to Multiple Sclerosis

Mitochondrial disorder manifests in the following way-

"The process of converting food and oxygen (fuel) into energy requires ...
Read more : Mitochondrial Disease, Thimerosal and Links to MS | Views : 1243 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Human endogenous retroviruses again

I could SWEAR I had posted this last night, but right at this moment it's probably mystifying readers of a forum about using mayonnaise during foreplay. I'll try and remember what I said: something about human endogenous retroviruses beings sequences of viral DNA which have become incorporated into our own genome. Up to this point I had heard that only very few were capable of producing a viable viral particle, but this abstract talks about ...
Read more : Human endogenous retroviruses again | Views : 1293 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Pixantrone to be Studied in Phase I/II Trial for Aggressive Multiple Sclerosis 06 March 2008

Cell Therapeutics, Inc. (CTI) announced today that its investigational drug pixantrone will be studied in a multicenter phase I/II trial initiated by the Fondation Charcot Stichting, in Brussels, Belgium, which sponsors a consortium of centers involved in studying new therapies for the treatment for multiple sclerosis. This study will enroll patients with aggressive relapsing remitting (RR) or secondary progressive ...
Read more : Pixantrone | Views : 1270 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228659 • Total topics 24191 • Total members 15486

Contact us | Terms of Service