It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:20 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Steve's Turn: waiting for the call

All the records and other documentation have been sent to Alexandra, we've already had our introduction by phone, and we've been exchanging e-mails. Now, we're just waiting for the call.

Can the wheels of healing be more excruciatingly slow??? Of course they can be---like for healing that's never dreamt of, like for healing that never comes.

New and ready to learn

Hello everyone. I stumbled on this site and already i am grateful that I did. Everyone seems very welcoming and knowledgable on the subject. I hope to learn more from everyone and hopefully get a grip on this MS stuff. I'm newly diagnosed.
Read more : New and ready to learn | Views : 1456 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

In the Army and New to MS

Wow. Did not expect this at all after 5 years in. I had a migranal stroke, which lead to my whole left side numb and also messed up my right side as well (Couldn't write my name !!)) I was like that for a week. I kept going back to the doctors and they kept making light of my situation. I finally got in to see a neurologist, and they did several MRI's with and ...
Read more : In the Army and New to MS | Views : 1501 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Dumb Blonde Joke

A redhead tells her blonde sister she slept with a brazillian man.
The blonde says: OMG! You S**T! How many is a brazillian?
Read more : Dumb Blonde Joke | Views : 1771 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Humor

Being with a loved one at Stanford

From Loobie's Mom...

Wow, what an amazing, heart-rending, hopeful, informative, exhausting week. I don't even know where to begin! I'll start with how to be of help. Once we got to Lew's first appt. (we were so lucky to have a friend who knew where our destination was!)' I had some time while he was going through his initial tests. I remember someone saying how many long halls there were to navigate. So I took ...

Advice on Getting GP Support?

Hi All,

I've been reading here for a while, downloading the articles, reading my old MRV/MRI reports, dusting off the anatomy books, and having lots of ah-ha moments.

I have been phone tagging with Dr. Dake for a while. Saw my Neuro last week -- she supports this for me as I have atypical MS and known cerebral venous issues from brain surgery last fall. My N wasn't familiar with CCSVI but took the main ...
Read more : Advice on Getting GP Support? | Views : 1944 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Beta-Interferon and wanted posters

There is always a lot of ho-hum research about beta interferon, but this I find interesting:

The right messenger for a healthy immune response

July 20, 2009 - Researchers from the Molecular Immunology group at the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) in Braunschweig, Germany have now shown that Beta-Interferon also plays a crucial role during an immune response: without Beta-Interferon immune cells are unable to show "wanted posters" of pathogens to other cells. As ...
Read more : Beta-Interferon and wanted posters | Views : 1694 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Pic of me and the team

I did this once before, so I know I can do it again. If not, please forgive all the editing as I try to bring this image from Photobucket! Anyway, here is Alex, me, Dr. Dake, and Angela.

Ok Shannon, the blond had on heels, so no short jokes :lol:
Read more : Pic of me and the team | Views : 1794 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

GP on board...

:)
Read more : GP on board... | Views : 1910 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 241859 • Total topics 26480 • Total members 17648

Contact us | Terms of Service