It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:14 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Opexa Completes Patient Enrollment in Phase IIb

http://www.genengnews.com/news/bnitem.aspx?name=17568660
Opexa Therapeutics Completes Patient Enrollment in Phase IIb Trial of Tovaxin(TM) for Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
May 17 2007, 7:00 AM EST
Business Wire

Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:OPXA), a company involved in the development and commercialization of cell therapies, today announced the completion of patient enrollment in a 150-patient Phase IIb safety and efficacy study (TERMS). The trial design is a U.S. multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of subcutaneous Tovaxin(TM) in subjects with Clinically ...
Read more : Opexa Completes Patient Enrollment in Phase IIb | Views : 2181 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

6mg ldn

My boyfriend is on 6 mg of LDN - probably for the last 3 months. Does anyone else take this dosage?

Thanks.

Marlene
Read more : 6mg ldn | Views : 3175 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Supplements and Vitamins?

:?:
I am recently diagnosed with MS. I am trying to get a handle on what supplements and vitamins I should be taking on a daily basis. There is so much to digest.

So far, the following few stand out throughout my reading. Can you help me with a base list of essential supplements/vitamins and appropriate dosage???

Cod Live Oil OR Salmon Oil
1,000 mg. vitamin C ...
Read more : Supplements and Vitamins? | Views : 6910 | Replies : 24 | Forum : Natural Approach

Testosterone study

Testosterone treatment in multiple sclerosis: a pilot study.Sicotte NL, Giesser BS, Tandon V, Klutch R, Steiner B, Drain AE, Shattuck DW, Hull L, Wang HJ, Elashoff RM, Swerdloff RS, Voskuhl RR.
Author Affiliations: Division of Brain Mapping, Departments of Neurology and Biomathematics, and Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, Calif;

OBJECTIVE: To study the effect of testosterone supplementation on men with multiple sclerosis (MS). Design, Setting, and ...
Read more : Testosterone study | Views : 1064 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

New antibody approach

Rogue CD-4 T-cells can be killed by NK cells, but if they present a particular ligand, (binding molecule), on their surface, the NK cells can't get rid of them. Using antibodies to block this ligand allows the NK cells to kill these unwanted immune cells. Good that mouse and human cells are so similar.

william_schaller@dfci.harvard.edu
617-632-5357
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute

Natural immune-control system may aid treatment of autoimmune ...
Read more : New antibody approach | Views : 809 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Phase II trial resumes

Genzyme gets OK to resume testing of MS drug 17 May 2007

Patient in trial died of bleeding in the brain.

The Food and Drug Administration will allow Genzyme Corp. to continue human tests of a new multiple sclerosis drug that caused a fatal bleeding disease in one trial patient, the company said yesterday.

The drug, Campath, is a cancer treatment that has showed promise as a once-a-year infusion for multiple sclerosis patients.

Compared ...
Read more : Phase II trial resumes | Views : 2094 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

buying from online pharmacy?

well, my wife has been prescribed to avonex due to the ms... I don't want to buy from a local pharmacy where poeple would judge me or my wife and want to buy from an online pharmacy. i've come across a canadian online pharmacy drugdelivery.ca which offer avonex for a reasonable price. anyway, where my wife's health is concerned, i don't care about the price + insurance will cover up most of it. but the ...
Read more : buying from online pharmacy? | Views : 3002 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Avonex

Last (booster) shot today!

Well I got my last injection today. It was uneventful as they all are. My coordinator told me that they had to color the placebo too as people were peeking and they are different colors. Hell for all I know that's just what they told me to make me not turn around. Now comes the six months of waiting to get into the extension. I get an MRI in four weeks and then some more ...
Read more : Last (booster) shot today! | Views : 2100 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Healthful Food

http://whfoods.org/foodstoc.php

Since I stopped my CRAB over a year ago, I rely mostly on diet (plus the occasional steriod infusion) to control my MS. This site lists the nutritional content of many healthful foods. I've found it quite useful.
Read more : Healthful Food | Views : 2053 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Diet

Antivirals for Tonyjegs

Tonyjegs,

Are there some antivirals that are marketed to combat diseases of the brain?

With more info that MS may be caused by a virus, is it possible to use a "generic" antiviral and see if it helps tame this disease or would it be necessary to have a more "targeted" med?

gwa
Read more : Antivirals for Tonyjegs | Views : 1086 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222337 • Total topics 23092 • Total members 14619

Contact us | Terms of Service