It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:28 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Uncertain - Please Help?

Hi, folks.
I haven't been officially diagnosed with MS, but under the circumstances, I am starting to believe that I have it. I've been going to a neurologist for 5 months and he hasn't been able to figure out what is wrong.

I've been doing a lot of reading and from the looks of it, some people with MS can go undiagnosed, or misdiagnosed for a while. I guess I just want someone else's opinion. ...
Read more : Uncertain - Please Help? | Views : 4059 | Replies : 29 | Forum : Introductions

Sea-sickness/Motion sickness and MS

Does anyone have any problems with sea-sickness and their MS? I have never really had a problem with that, but I know that I do get car-sick if I am in the back seat or trying to read. I also have balance problems and slight issues with vertigo (both symptoms of my MS). It has been quite some time since I have been out on a boat in the middle of the ocean. The last ...
Read more : Sea-sickness/Motion sickness and MS | Views : 3999 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Avonex

4-ap doc referral

this is my first try at a forum for info. Here I am in cowboy town, calgary, alberta , canada and can't find a cowboy doctor to prescribe 4-ap. I'm ppms and just havin a heck of a time getting my legs workin. Can anyone suggest a doctor I could contact with the intent of gettin a rx for 4-ap. it would have to be a telephone consult unless the doc lives in alberta.

:) ...
Read more : 4-ap doc referral | Views : 1837 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Just a few more Q's.....

Is it normal to keep a very light headache that meds dont seem to help with? I get to feeling like I have a weight on my head and my head gets top heavy......
Also, I have went from one extreme to the other with urinating. Used to, I had to pee all the time. The urologist had me to start cathing twice a day.... Now I am totally cath dependant. I can go all ...
Read more : Just a few more Q's..... | Views : 1045 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

myelin repair

Go to The Myelin Repair Foundation homepage to watch the video.

March 23, 2009
The Promise of Stem Cells and Myelin Repair

President Obama’s lifting of federal restrictions on the use of embryonic stem cells in scientific research has generated considerable news coverage and many questions from our supporters about the impact of this reversal on our own research.

While MRF research to date has not involved embryonic stem cells, we are working with more ...
Read more : myelin repair | Views : 1694 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Getting an MRI monday

I decided to get a new MRI. I had this disease for over a decade and a half. Always considered RRMS, but not sure if the most recent MRI will show any enhancement so I have to admit I am a little nervous. Funny I used to be worried I would show active lesion, now I am worried I might not.

At any rate, I thought I would start off getting an MRI to see ...
Read more : Getting an MRI monday | Views : 1373 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Worm therapie ...

Hi

Worm therapies CAN dampen autoimmune disease.

http://dailystrength.org/c/Multiple-Sclerosis-MS/forum/In-The-News/2538326-can-drinking-worm-eggs-treat

Since i have IBS, some college told me this some time ago (It works for Crohn’s Disease).
Where this therapy can be found? ... in US? in Canada?
It's armless since worms have been made "no reproduction possible".

Take care.
I'm not a doctor obviously ...
Read more : Worm therapie ... | Views : 1606 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Hughes Syndrome mimics MS ...

HI

You may, some of you, take a look at this and ask your doc, unless you had a really clear diag.

<shortened url>

Also
http://www.hughes-syndrome.org/background.htm

Some peoples have been misdiagnosed and cured by taking Aspirin (50-60mg), heparin or warfarin.

May be try this (Aspirin low dose) and see what happens before asking for test.

Take care.
I'm not a doctor obviously ...
Read more : Hughes Syndrome mimics MS ... | Views : 1621 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

MSNews active again

After a several month hiatus, MSNews is back in action at Accelerated Cure Project's web site.

http://msnews.acceleratedcure.org

Thanks for your patience while it was down.

For those new ThisIsMS members, MSNews is a blog of daily updates on the goings on in MS that the Accelerated Cure Project finds to be of interest. It's also a great database of past info that you can search.

Many people on this site used to view it, so ...
Read more : MSNews active again | Views : 1556 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

The problem with all the MS-pregnancy press

I need to rant! Too many people are reading about damn MS and pregnancy.

So now everyone thinks it goes away completely when you're pregnant and they're giving me a hard time when I'm feeling fatigued or weak.

I took a work-from-home day last week and my boss grilled me for it, claiming I shouldn't need those days now that I'm pregnant. This is my first one since getting pregnant.

EFF OFF! Pregnancy certainly seems ...
Read more : The problem with all the MS-pregnancy press | Views : 1122 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 238491 • Total topics 25970 • Total members 17236

Contact us | Terms of Service