It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:06 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

new and ready for info

Hi there!
I am 30 years young and was diagnosed with MS in December 2008. My diagnosis came as a shock to me. I had been hurt at work in Feb 2008 and during a rehab program that I was paticipating in(May 2008) They discovered that I had some unusual weakness in my left thumb. I had never noticed it before and to this day dont notice it. Then I had two weeks of vertigo ...
Read more : new and ready for info | Views : 1313 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

pain ques.

Holy Moly!!! I'm in more pain than I thought imaginable...I had reduced my dose of neurontin for awhile 'case I needed my brains for a bit..I'm paying now..
Anyway....I've got a question...
i've got incredibly intense leg pain, my left leg woke me up last night..
What's the genesis of the pain...does it indicate death of nerve fiber?
Nothing is making it go away..so back on the neurontin...
I can't use my brain anyways when ...
Read more : pain ques. | Views : 1252 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

dino84, new

new to here so here`s just a small introducion, feel free to ask me anything!!

i don`t speak perfect english but please forgive me.
just 24 years young
i had ms diagnose about 14-15 months ago...13lesions in my brain,
about 3 months ago had 50 lesions.
i tried interferone once, but got very bad side effects and stopped it.
now i`ve took tysabri two times, and it seems that i don`t have any side effects ...
Read more : dino84, new | Views : 1346 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

For those who got MRV CDs from Stanford

I was wondering if you'd be willing to share the MRV CD contents with the community? It might be helpful while we're trying to 'recruit' new doctors if we can share some of the scans with them along with the studies? What does everyone think?

If so, I'd be more than willing to help get the CDs converted to ISOs and show you how to upload them online.

Edit: New windows instructions
For Windows Computers: ...

ms, how many lesions?

hi, im new in here and dont know if this guestion really is in the right place,
and sorry for my not so good english.

i didnt found a thread like this anywhere so:
just would like to know that how many lesions you people here have on your brain? how many lesions is really a lot??

i had about 13 a year ago, now have 50....still can walk by myself
Read more : ms, how many lesions? | Views : 2720 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

are scizophrenia and ms genetically linked

back in the 1990s, mom read an article in the San Jose mercury news paper about scitzophrenia and ms being genetically linked. I cant find anything on the internet about it. but I did find it linked with in the same individual. I ask because I am a possible ms, my sister, father, his sister, and his maternal aunt have scizophrenia and his maternal uncle has ms. anyone?
Read more : are scizophrenia and ms genetically linked | Views : 1333 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Skydog (Mark) home from Stanford

Hey Sharron can we change the topic heading to Home from Stanford or whatever you see fit.

As you requested Mark :lol:

How are you doing?
Do you have anything to add to the thread "Getting Ready for Stanford"? I am sure you noticed something that is not posted.
You wrote
I have started a story on the procedure that i will finalize and post soon.
Read more : Skydog (Mark) home from Stanford | Views : 4172 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Need information to pass on to others.

Hello, I am a member of a Anxiety Forum. I am looking for information to help people who suffer from anxiety disorders who are convinced that they have M.S.
It seems severe, continuous anxiety causes many physical symptoms in anxiety sufferers.
I myself have had many strange symptoms such as vision changes, constant muscle twitching, severe physical pain, burning sensations, tingling, urinary problems, dizziness, strange feelings in my legs and the list could go on ...
Read more : Need information to pass on to others. | Views : 1479 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Numbness

Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you have experienced a 'numbness' or 'pins/needles' sensation on parts of your body? I'm experiencing these at the moment on the right side of my body...the face, legs and arms.

I've asked for advise from my neuro abt this and his reply was that if it doesn't restrict me from doing things then there's no need to take steroids. He said that it should go away gradually. He ...
Read more : Numbness | Views : 4571 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Rebif

Is CCSVI old? you decide...

These were sent to me translated by Dr Simka. Note the dates....and you tell me is this new? 8O

Zh Vopr Neirokhir Im N N Burdenko. 1999 Apr-Jun;(2):8-13; discussion 14.
Links

Tsuladze II.
As any other organ, the spinal cord also ...
Read more : Is CCSVI old? you decide... | Views : 4616 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 241267 • Total topics 26400 • Total members 17574

Contact us | Terms of Service