It is currently Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:58 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Hepatitis Immunization

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew if getting a Hepatitis shot will aggrevate MS. I have a job that might include an extra duty helping someone use bathroom facilities. If I end up with this extra duty they want me to get a hepatitis shot. If this will aggrevate my MS I will politely decline this extra duty. I have not been put in a situation like this since I have been dx. I ...
Read more : Hepatitis Immunization | Views : 1582 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Laquinimod Granted FDA Fast Track Status

According to the press release, it could be available in late 2011.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Oral-Laqu ... 39129.html

Does anyone know if Fingolimod has applied for Fast Track Status?
Read more : Laquinimod Granted FDA Fast Track Status | Views : 1566 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Here goes 'nuthin

I am so happy today because as of March 1st my Medicare kicks in. I have just found out that between Medicare, and my UHC health insurance I am 100% covered for PT with unlimited visits.

On March 1st or shortly thereafter I am going to undergo 6 months of intense rehab and exercise as an experiment to see how much I can get back.

The MRI says the disease is gone and healing, so ...
Read more : Here goes 'nuthin | Views : 1696 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Adderall for Fatigue

Has anyone used this drug for Fatigue? Just curious. Any problems with Neuro giving it to you or the insurance companies.
Im told it works great for Fatigue but some Neuros stick to Provigal ( Ick).
Would like to hear from anyone with info if they have used or use this drug for MS Fatigue.

Thanks a bunch
TT
Read more : Adderall for Fatigue | Views : 7581 | Replies : 60 | Forum : General Discussion

Advice anyone?

Hi,

I'm concerned because of my sister...

My sister and me were both diagnosed with MS in autumn 2006. We had the same onset, same number of lesions etc. She was 23 and I was 26.

We started both with Rebif 44, we both had another flare in april 2007 (ON for her, nystagmus for me) and than everything seemed to be fine. FOR ME it is still fine, I'm okay.

But from april 2008 ...
Read more : Advice anyone? | Views : 1972 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Why R most Tysabri-PML cases in europe?

I'm confused - according to that data...

<shortened url>

... 20,200 people in the US are on Tysabri and 16,900 outside US.

BUT: There are until now 5 PML cases (Tysabri mono therapy)

1 in the US
4 in Europe (out of the 4 there are 3 !! Germans)

What is happening? Better screening for PML risk candidates in the US? Higher JC virus prevalence in europe?

Any comments?

Thank you,
Sandrine
Read more : Why R most Tysabri-PML cases in europe? | Views : 1424 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

another MS genetics discovery

Another promising finding...

Statistical analysis could yield new drug target for MS

February 11, 2009 - PhysOrg.com - An elaborate statistical analysis of genes from more than 7,000 individuals has identified an amino acid that appears to be a major risk factor for multiple sclerosis, a devastating autoimmune disorder that afflicts 2.5 million people worldwide. In research published this month in BMC Medical Genetics, scientists from The Rockefeller University and colleagues from the University of ...
Read more : another MS genetics discovery | Views : 1504 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

My book

I have written a short book about a few of the memorable days in the first 3 years during and after my diagnosis of MS.
If you or anyone that you know would be interested in getting a copy of my new book, You can find it here http://www.chriscoxrox.com/book.html

Please pass this on to anyone you might know that you think would like this
Read more : My book | Views : 1320 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Daily Life

My MS

I have written a short book about a few of the memorable days in the first 3 years during and after my diagnosis of MS.
If you or anyone that you know would be interested in getting a copy of my new book, You can find it here http://www.chriscoxrox.com/book.html

Please pass this on to anyone you might know that you think would like this
Read more : My MS | Views : 1324 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Introduction to Inclined Bed Therapy for Multiple Sclerosis

I am 53 years young, Happily Married for 29 years with two grown up sons.

I have been researching neurological conditions for 16 years now, following a simple discovery in circulation, which began trying to understand how trees lift water to their leaves without a pump, Little did I know at this time that questioning some erroneous science literature would have such far reaching implications for so many people. Some of you may have read ...
Read more : Introduction to Inclined Bed Therapy for Multiple Sclerosis | Views : 6926 | Replies : 42 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 236429 • Total topics 25619 • Total members 16919

Contact us | Terms of Service