It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:42 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

New Data from Opexa

Opexa Provides Additional Promising Data Including Statistically Significant Reduction in Disability With Tovaxin® for the Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis

Tovaxin Also Demonstrates Reduction in Relapse Risk and Myelin T-cell Reactivity in Patients With More Active Disease

THE WOODLANDS, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:OPXA), a company dedicated to the development of patient-specific cellular therapies for the treatment of autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis (MS) and diabetes, today announced additional positive data from the company’s Phase ...
Read more : New Data from Opexa | Views : 2920 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

leukaemia drug can halt, reverse effects of MS

Check this out

Study finds leukaemia drug can halt, reverse effects of MS

<shortened url>

Yahoo AFP News

LONDON (AFP) – Researchers at the University of Cambridge said Thursday they have found that a drug originally developed to treat leukaemia can halt and even reverse the debilitating effects of multiple sclerosis (MS).

In trials, alemtuzumab reduced the number of attacks in sufferers and also helped them recover lost functions, apparently allowing damaged brain tissue to ...
Read more : leukaemia drug can halt, reverse effects of MS | Views : 2420 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Phase 2 complete....results in NEJM

improvements on disability scale in campath group, reduced lesions, better brain volume, no diff. between 12 or 24 mg doses....looks alot better than interferon-

Results Alemtuzumab significantly reduced the rate of sustained accumulation of disability, as compared with interferon beta-1a (9.0% vs. 26.2%; hazard ratio, 0.29; 95% confidence interval , 0.16 to 0.54; P<0.001) and the annualized rate of relapse (0.10 vs. 0.36; hazard ratio, 0.26; 95% CI, 0.16 to 0.41; P<0.001). The mean disability ...
Read more : Phase 2 complete....results in NEJM | Views : 2472 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Death by Caffeine

Ok see how much it will take to kill you.
:evil:
and no there is no evil man gonna jump out at you when you open this link. Promise :P
http://www.energyfiend.com/death-by-caffeine
Read more : Death by Caffeine | Views : 1393 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

What do you make of my pre-MS dream?

I had this dream in 1994, was diagnosed in 1998.
I kept a dream diary for a few years, and I found a dream I described - once I read it it came back to me with a bang. It was super-vivid, I woke drenched in sweat the night I had it and didn't sleep afterwards.

Does anyone make anything of this (apart from the fact that I'm bonkers ...
Read more : What do you make of my pre-MS dream? | Views : 1570 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Eureka!!!

Great moments in modern pharmaceutical research...

I'm not discounting the great benefits we have obtained through research but long gone are the days when Jonas Salk declared the following regarding his discovery of a polio vaccine...

While being interviewed by Edward R. Murrow on See It Now in 1955, Salk was asked: "Who owns the patent on this vaccine?" Surprised by the question's assumption of the requirement of a profit motive for his creation, ...
Read more : Eureka!!! | Views : 1571 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

Tysabri and Cerebral Perivascular Spaces

I came across this abstract of a study they did involving Tysabri in use with MS patients. I'm reading that long term use of the drug reduces T lymphocytes in the immune system which is not good. Would appreciate any comments.

Harry

Decrease in the Numbers of Dendritic Cells and CD4+ T Cells in Cerebral Perivascular Spaces Due to Natalizumab.
Martin MD, Cravens PD, Winger R, Frohman EM, Racke MK, Eagar TN, Zamvil SS, Weber ...
Read more : Tysabri and Cerebral Perivascular Spaces | Views : 1509 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Speech Problems

Hello,

I have a question about speech problems. Sometimes when I am trying to speak I will slur my words or not be able to think of a specific word to describe something that I would normally know.

I was speaking with a customer service rep today and I was trying to ask her a question. I could not put my question into words no matter how hard I tried. I knew what I wanted ...
Read more : Speech Problems | Views : 1767 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

If coffee is good for you

is tea good for you as well. I mean I know tea has antioxidants etc. and it's the caffeine in the coffee but I much prefer tea. Same benefits?
Read more : If coffee is good for you | Views : 2482 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Diet

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 234291 • Total topics 25194 • Total members 16412

Contact us | Terms of Service