It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 5:04 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Viruses

Please forgive me for being so medically and scientifically dense but I have a question and I know all of you are way more intelligent than I. I'm trying to get up the courage to enter the dating world again but it occurs to me that people can be carriers of many different viruses that they aren't even aware they have. As someone with MS ,which as I understand it means I have an overactive ...
Read more : Viruses | Views : 1343 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

AMP-110

Fast Forward, LLC and Amplimmune, Inc. Join Forces to Speed New Treatments to People with MS**
Companies Announce a Collaboration for the Development of AMP-110 - An Innovative Treatment for Multiple Sclerosis and Other Autoimmune Diseases

New York, NY/Rockville, MD (Vocus/PRWEB ) August 26, 2009 -- Amplimmune, Inc., a Maryland-based biotechnology company, and Fast Forward, LLC, the National Multiple Sclerosis Society's subsidiary devoted to bridging the gap between research and drug development, today announced a ...
Read more : AMP-110 | Views : 1628 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Do I have MS?

I have twitching in different parts of my body at times, but mainly in my calves of my legs including cramps at times. The neurologist ordered an MRI of my brain stem and did find lesions on the myelin sheaths. I also got an MRI of my lumbar area and it showed nothing unusual.

He has asked me numerous questions which woudl point to why I may have those lesions on my myelin sheaths but ...
Read more : Do I have MS? | Views : 1409 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Oligoclonal immunoglobulins

We all know how those Oligo bands are used to diagnose MS....the bands show signs that IgG has been elevated in the CNS, and myelin is being destroyed. The story MS patients have been told is that this is caused by a rogue immune system, eating up their myelin for no good reason.

BUT....Oligo bands are found in other cerebrovascular diseases...not just MS.

Oligoclonal immunoglobulin (Ig) bands were found in cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) by agarose ...
Read more : Oligoclonal immunoglobulins | Views : 5907 | Replies : 31 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

"Beggars" become "Choosers"

It is time for people to start thinking.
Let us review the situation of MS sufferers before the Zamboni's revolution.
Nobody knew the etiology of MS but everybody knew the inevitable outcome. Being diagnosed with MS meant a sentence to a painful and distressing death. Neurologists and allied professionals prescribed all sorts of different treatments for a condition they did not know the cause of. These different kinds of treatment, from shots of prednisolone, interferon ...
Read more : "Beggars" become "Choosers" | Views : 3399 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Placebos Are Getting More Effective

Very interesting article about the history and changing power of placebo medications ...

http://www.wired.com/medtech/drugs/maga ... ntPage=all
Read more : Placebos Are Getting More Effective | Views : 1632 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

QUESTION

Hello,
To all,my update is I will finally see the nuro,Dec.21st,wich is far out but better than nothing.Im nervous and excited.
OK here is my question since 07 I have experienced mild fever that comes and goes,when it started happening I did talk to a doc. wich said oh you have back to back virus,and it will go away, but it never has, if my body feels to cold i will start feeling as though ...
Read more : QUESTION | Views : 2806 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General Discussion

Grumpster got ITP now

Well it has been a long time sice I posted. I hit the 6 month mark recently. I had some immediate adverse events after the treatment, but then I have been doing well neurologically actually really pretty good. My balance, gait, and strength have been better. My vertigo that lasted > 1 year has subsided to very managable levels where it was at one point bringing me to the brink of the end of life ...
Read more : Grumpster got ITP now | Views : 3441 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

RIP, Ted :-(

We've lost a major, major advocate for health care reform, y'all. Let's hope things start moving ahead decently, in memory of good old Ted.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32491712/ns/politics-edward_kennedy_19322009/
Read more : RIP, Ted :-( | Views : 2997 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

I have a question...

...how many of you diagnosed with MS took any kind of vaccine as an adult?
Read more : I have a question... | Views : 1687 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 243217 • Total topics 26716 • Total members 17853

Contact us | Terms of Service