It is currently Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:26 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

vertigo

Okay, another new symptom has appeared and it is incredibily annoying. I have experienced what I now think is classified as vertigo. I originally described the feeling as "spacey" or the feeling you get with having had one too many glasses of wine without the benefit of having the wine! But I went to the mountains of North Carolina this past weekend and the feeling was much much more pronounced. So then I thought altitude ...
Read more : vertigo | Views : 1470 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Lowering Insulin

Here is another article for you, lyndacarol.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medical ... wsid=73284

Medical News Today
Hormone Found In Liver Helps To Induce Ketosis, The Unique Metabolic State Brought About By Low-Carbohydrate Diets
11 Jun 2007

Over the past several years, animal studies have shown that high-fat, low-carbohydrate "ketogenic" diets cause
demonstrable changes in metabolism and subsequent weight loss. Now, researchers at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical
Center (BIDMC) have identified a key ...
Read more : Lowering Insulin | Views : 1405 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Detailed Minocycline Research info

See link below. This points to the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF). The link points to Dr. Ian Duncan's Research, however it is buried in the patent application. I was disappointed that someone has already patented this, because it tells me that profit is the motivator? Right? Anyway, good info, even if it is on rats...

<shortened url>
Read more : Detailed Minocycline Research info | Views : 2287 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

Testosterone

My physian's assistant suggested that I try it. I'm not sure if she was jocking or not. I'm 45 so I'm starting to notice the thngs that come with middle age males. I told her I was slowly losing the hair on my legs she just fire it out there. I've never had my testosterone level checked so I have no idea what it might be. I've heard horror stories from guys I played football ...
Read more : Testosterone | Views : 3010 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

MS Transmission to spouse

See pubmed link. If I read this right this is saying that there are cases where spouses have given their wife/husband MS. If that is really the case that definitely points to an infectious cause...

<shortened url>
Read more : MS Transmission to spouse | Views : 1132 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

IFN-ß users protected from West Nile Virus?

I had always wondered if folks exposed to WNV (symptomatic or not) developed immunity from it and no longer risked future illness from mosquito bites later on. After reading into this study I discovered that the natural response to infection of the flavivirus is the natural expression of IFN-B to disrupt RNA replication of the virus! Normally the virus interferes with that process to buy it time to replicate -HOWEVER- high dose sc injections 3X/wk ...
Read more : IFN-ß users protected from West Nile Virus? | Views : 972 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

What do you do to stay well?

Hi Everyone,

I thought it would be interesting to know what those people who are well with ms/CIS do to to stay that way.

I mean are you taking any supplements? exercising? meds? diet? whatever.

I have had a CIS and waiting for an mri with contrast to most likely start on Avonex.
I'm well and symptom free thankfully but this is all very new.

Thanks

Elly :D ...
Read more : What do you do to stay well? | Views : 1472 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Hello, Kia Ora and Hola

Hello all,

Just found this site and seeing as it looks like a good place for info from level headed people I thought I´d join in.

After 24 years in the UK in the RAF I left to live in New Zealand for a life style change; 18 months after our arrival I was diagnosed with MS, not the life style change I was looking for but we´re still here and smiling.

Looking forward to ...
Read more : Hello, Kia Ora and Hola | Views : 1927 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 223190 • Total topics 23198 • Total members 14681

Contact us | Terms of Service