It is currently Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:42 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

GM atrophy related to longterm (20yrs) disability

Gray matter atrophy is related to long-term disability in multiple sclerosis.
Ann Neurol. 2008 Jun 20

Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Research Unit, Institute of Neurology, University College London, United Kingdom.

OBJECTIVE:
To determine the relation of gray matter (GM) and white matter (WM) brain volumes, and WM lesion load, with clinical outcomes 20 years after first presentation with clinically isolated syndrome suggestive of multiple sclerosis (MS).

METHODS:
Seventy-three patients were studied a mean of 20 years ...
Read more : GM atrophy related to longterm (20yrs) disability | Views : 1284 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

IV steroids protocol success in PPMS

Its only a small cohort of 11 PPMS patients but still encouraging because disability got actually better over a treatment period of 11 years.

The full text of the study can be found here.

--Frank
Read more : IV steroids protocol success in PPMS | Views : 4637 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Curious about a failed physical & MRI

Hey there, I am curious as to why my neurologist wants an MRI? I guess that I failed the physical, so what does that really mean?

I have migraines, fatigue, body hurts to touch (doc said it is like fibro...but not) I have morning stiffness, and after any activity stiffness. In the last year I have lost vision and in the past had a "curtain" of gray over vision on hot days. This year I ...
Read more : Curious about a failed physical & MRI | Views : 1749 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Greetings from an Italian researcher

Hello everyone. Let me start by saying that I do not have MS. But I am a researcher, working on immunology for years. I am not a clinician and I've always conducted my research on rodents. I have to admit to you that I was in the middle of a crisis: experiments not working, which make me wonder why I even do research at all. Then I thought of patients, people that may benefit from ...
Read more : Greetings from an Italian researcher | Views : 1826 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Interesting MS/stem page

Surfing around and found a page with a bunch of interesting stem stories, some alread in this forum, some not but the page is a fun read anyway.

http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm/fuseact ... ageid/1405

:D
Read more : Interesting MS/stem page | Views : 1694 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Just found this article.

http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/146 ... sis_study/

Has this been posted yet? I see the date line is July 9, 2008.

Opexa Wins Positive Review for Phase IIb Multiple Sclerosis Study

Posted on: Wednesday, 9 July 2008, 06:00 CDT

Opexa Therapeutics has announced that the data safety monitoring board overseeing the on-going Phase IIb clinical study of Tovaxin has recommended that the trial continue unmodified.

This positive recommendation follows a regularly scheduled meeting ...
Read more : Just found this article. | Views : 1994 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Clinical Trials search site

I have seen www.clinicaltrials.gov, but this one is new to me ISRCTN MS Search
Read more : Clinical Trials search site | Views : 1362 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

HiCy in Chicago @ Rush Hospital

A woman named Kathy has gone through the procedure in Chicago.
Type in www.rebootingkathy.blogspot.com to read and watch.

Davis
Read more : HiCy in Chicago @ Rush Hospital | Views : 4769 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

NMO???

Hi there!! I'm new, obviously... and my name is Jen. I had my first symptom at 14, diagnosed at 15. Now that I'm 2 months away from being 20, my last visit with my neuro was a little odd for me. He told me that I might have NMO because I have inflamation in my spine, so I'm sitting on pins and needles for my results. Does anybody else have MS and NMO? I'm so ...
Read more : NMO??? | Views : 1286 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232933 • Total topics 24943 • Total members 16082

Contact us | Terms of Service