It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:44 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Rho and degeneration

The Rho protein might be part of the pathway which, during 'overexcitement' and excess Calcium levels, triggers neuronal cell death:

tinyURL

Dom.
Read more : Rho and degeneration | Views : 1763 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Stem Cell Info

More Stem Cell Info

ThinkingOutLoud

Stem cell finding could help fight autoimmune disease
Posted by the Asbury Park Press on 03/19/07

HEALTHDAY

In a finding that could help researchers better understand autoimmune disease,
scientists say a process called autophagy prompts dying embryonic stem cells to send out "eat me" and "come and get me" signals to ensure their elimination by healthy cells.

"Our findings also suggest that defects in autophagy might trigger autoimmune
diseases and, ...
Read more : Stem Cell Info | Views : 1209 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Hi

Hi guys,

First of all congratulation about this forum, very informative and interesting.

I personally work in the community caring for different age groups and I would like to learn more about MS so I can improve care provision and hopefully better their lifes.

Thank you all
Read more : Hi | Views : 1320 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Apoptosis and HHV6A

HHV6A, along with EBV is a strong condender for the role of viral villain in MS.

Apoptotic effects of Human Herpesvirus-6A on glia and neurons as potential triggers for central nervous system autoimmunity.

J Clin Virol. 2006 Dec;37 Suppl 1:S11-6.
Gardell JL, Dazin P, Islar J, Menge T, Genain CP, Lalive PH.
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco

BACKGROUND: Human Herpesvirus type 6 (HHV-6A and/or HHV-6B) has been tentatively associated with multiple sclerosis ...
Read more : Apoptosis and HHV6A | Views : 1076 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Clustering of autoimmune diseases

I find it dissapointing that researchers don't find clustering of these diseases as significant as I do, but this article shows that there is at least some consideration of the matter.

Clustering of autoimmune diseases in families with a high-risk for multiple sclerosis: a descriptive study.

http://tinyurl.com/3bcyl8

Bob
Read more : Clustering of autoimmune diseases | Views : 1026 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Aldehyde poisoning

Okaaay....I think this abstract is saying that failure to eliminate, and therefore the build-up of, Aldehyde could lead to the 'toxic environment' that destroys tissue:

tinyURL

Dom.
Read more : Aldehyde poisoning | Views : 1258 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Finding the positives of MS

They call it "benefit finding", but I just think of it as looking on the bright side: I met my best friend while we were both in neurological rehab, (he had a terrible car-crash), and we were talking about it the other day -- I can't be glad that I have MS, but I know that, come that wonderful day when all this is over, I will be glad I had it. It's made me ...
Read more : Finding the positives of MS | Views : 4026 | Replies : 30 | Forum : General Discussion

Johns Eyes

As some here will know I've been trying supplement approach to fix John's eye affected by ON in 1998. The good part is something is happening and he is getting flashes of clarity which have been absent sine 1998. He has also been able to see color again in the past several months. The bad part is I can't tell you which supplement if any are responsible. What a SUCK ASS way to report findings ...
Read more : Johns Eyes | Views : 1266 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Myelin Repair Foundation Winter 2007 Update

Here's a link to the Myelin Repair Foundation's latest research update. Lots of good stuff, looks like they're making some real progress...

http://tinyurl.com/2jrk2z
Read more : Myelin Repair Foundation Winter 2007 Update | Views : 1821 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221004 • Total topics 22913 • Total members 14473

Contact us | Terms of Service