It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:06 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

a long story

hi
i've pm a couple of people so some know my situation
my doctors say the only thing left for me is chemo,i refuse to believe that
i have struggled with UTI since jan on wed july 11 i went to the hopital with horrific body spasms and vomitting they took blood and sent me home the hopital called me back on fri and strongly suggested i go back so i did but by this ...
Read more : a long story | Views : 1749 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Antibiotics

Daclizumab trial results

Not sure of the status of this trial (says Phase II). Small number of patients, but promising results for those where interferon not doing the job.

Daclizumab phase II trial in relapsing and remitting multiple sclerosis
MRI and clinical results

Objective: Daclizumab is an interleukin 2 receptor chain specific humanised monoclonal antibody that has shown promising therapeutic effects in multiple sclerosis (MS). Daclizumab treatment in patients with relapsing and remitting MS was administered to ...
Read more : Daclizumab trial results | Views : 1243 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

The therapeutic plasticity of neural stem/precursor

This excerpt is off track from the general gist of the article but I thought it was interesting that they specifically enter into the inflammation healing/hurting effect Cure and I had discussed/debated earlier. Additionally, the talk a little about plasticity, which if my flavor of the month right now.
Bob

Journal of the Neurological Sciences xx (2007) xxx–xxx

The therapeutic plasticity of neural stem/precursor
cells in multiple sclerosis
Stefano Pluchino ⁎, Gianvito Martino
Neuroimmunology Unit-DIBIT ...
Read more : The therapeutic plasticity of neural stem/precursor | Views : 987 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Has anyone changed from Rebif to one of the ABC's?

Hi, I have been on Rebif for 2 months after being diagnosed with RRMS. I was told I am allergic to Rebif and need to try a new med. Can anyone tell me what differences they have found from Rebif to one of the other's?

Thanks,

Samantha
Read more : Has anyone changed from Rebif to one of the ABC's? | Views : 1661 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Has Anyone been on Rebif and changed to one of the other ABC

Hi, I have been on Rebif for 2 months after being diagnosed with RRMS. I was told I am allergic to Rebif and need to try a new med. Can anyone tell me what differences they have found from Rebif to one of the other's?

Thanks,

Samantha
Read more : Has Anyone been on Rebif and changed to one of the other ABC | Views : 1994 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Regimens

Glial cells become nerve cells

Public release date: 20-Aug-2007

oea@gsf.de
0049-893-187-2460
GSF - National Research Center for Environment and Health

Milestone in the regeneration of brain cells
Supportive cells generate new nerve cells
The majority of cells in the human brain are not nerve cells but star-shaped glia cells, the so called “astroglia”. “Glia means “glue”, explains Götz. “As befits their ...
Read more : Glial cells become nerve cells | Views : 938 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Seeking approval for generic interferon in Europe

This is a surprise. It looks like a generic version of rebif/avonex has been submitted for approval in Europe. I hope this marks the start of price reductions in MS drug prices.

Biopartners Submits Its Novel Interferon beta-1a, Biferonex®, To The EMEA

BAAR, Switzerland--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Biopartners Holdings AG today announced that it has submitted a marketing authorization application for Biferonex® (interferon beta-1a) to the EMEA. Biferonex represents a fully innovative, pH neutral and human serum albumin ...
Read more : Seeking approval for generic interferon in Europe | Views : 2022 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Deep-Brain Stimulation

On the one hand, brain surgery is a scary thought, on the other hand options to deal with MS symptoms are always welcome.

With Deep-Brain Stimulation, Neurosurgeon Believes In Magic

A surgical procedure most closely associated with relief of tremors in patients with Parkinson’s disease is offering relief for other movement disorders and soon will be considered at Ohio State University Medical Center for those with select psychiatric disorders as well.

The procedure, deep-brain stimulation, ...
Read more : Deep-Brain Stimulation | Views : 906 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Newbie here!

Hi boys & girls, I'm Josh. I'm a 27 year old feller from a tiny little town in central Illinos. I was diagnosed with MS in Jan. of '06 when I had optic neuritus in my right eye. Thinking back, I've had several numb spots on my legs and back leading up to the big O. N. I started out with a horrid neuro in Bloomington IL. I ended up going up to the University ...
Read more : Newbie here! | Views : 1406 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Epigenetics and neural stem cells

I don't really understand most of this paper, but the combination of epigenetics and neural stem cells was too interesting to ignore.

Epigenetics and neural stem cell commitment

Hai-Liang TANG, Jian-Hong ZHU
Department of Neurosurgery, Fudan University, Huashan Hospital, Shanghai 200040, China
National Key Laboratory for Medical Neurobiology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China

Neural stem cell is presently the research hotspot in neuroscience. Recent progress indicates that epigenetic modulation is closely related ...
Read more : Epigenetics and neural stem cells | Views : 1224 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 224413 • Total topics 23435 • Total members 14845

Contact us | Terms of Service