It is currently Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:11 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Anyone have experience with Destination Cure?

I was thinking about getting into contact with this group if I am able to continue my running after I start rebif. I don't run marathons but perhaps I could use the races I do run to raise money/awareness for MS research etc.
Read more : Anyone have experience with Destination Cure? | Views : 1764 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Non-ON Eye Strain?

I was wondering if my good eye could be straining itself since my ON eye has such bad vision. Sometimes especially late in the day and especially in poor lighting, I don't feel like I'm seeing as well as I should be and I get worried about my eyes. I also really only notice it at a distance but this is a recent development so I'm worried that my good eye will start to go ...
Read more : Non-ON Eye Strain? | Views : 1291 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

ANTIBIOTIC IN ADDITION TO INTERFERON MAY SLOW MS

A new study suggests that taking an antibiotic in combination with interferon beta 1-a, a current disease-modifying medication for MS, could slow progression of the disease. Published in the online issue of the Archives of Neurology, the study was conducted by Dr Alireza Minagar and colleagues from the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport. Interferon beta 1-a (Avonex) is injected into the muscle and is usually taken once a week. Although it is not ...
Read more : ANTIBIOTIC IN ADDITION TO INTERFERON MAY SLOW MS | Views : 1260 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Newbie questions....

Hello. I was recently diagnosed this past Friday (still waiting on 1/2 of the spinal fluid results) with MS.

Are nausea, diarrhea and loss of appetite symptoms from MS? It seems since my first attack on Thursday every time I've had a bowel movement I've just had the worst diarrhea. Since returning home the diarrhea has remain and joined by just nausea and intestinal uneasyness.

I've read that bowel control can be an issue but ...
Read more : Newbie questions.... | Views : 7312 | Replies : 55 | Forum : General Discussion

toes tingling and numbness

Hi there- it's me again! still recovering from the lp- doing fine with no headache, just a little sore back.

For the last few days my toes on my left foot have been feeling like there is a hair or something wrapped around them- mostly the big toe. I get a little in the right toes- then yesterday, my toes got cold and the third and fourth toes went totally numb on each foot for ...
Read more : toes tingling and numbness | Views : 4615 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

BROMLEY AND RAVEN QUESTIONS

Read more : BROMLEY AND RAVEN QUESTIONS | Views : 1602 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Alexithymia in multiple sclerosis

Alexithymia in multiple sclerosis: relationship with fatigue and depression.

Bodini B, Mandarelli G, Tomassini V, Tarsitani L, Pestalozza I, Gasperini C, Lenzi GL, Pancheri P, Pozzilli C.

Department of Neurological Sciences, ‘Sapienza’ University of Rome, Italy.

Objective - The aim of this study was to investigate the prevalence of alexithymia in a sample of patients with multiple sclerosis (MS) and to further evaluate the association between alexithymia and the occurrence of common disabling MS-related symptoms ...
Read more : Alexithymia in multiple sclerosis | Views : 1439 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Accentia

Some news on Accentia and its reporting plans in 2008.

Ian

Bob - no need to respond to this post it's just info!

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j12 ... 4&w=464753
Read more : Accentia | Views : 1542 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Show of hands... MS vs. Metabolic

I realize we have the superest autoimmune disease, but how many of you think there may be some connection to a metabolic disorder?

It seems like everyone I meet has an aunt, a friend, a mother or a grandmother with MS.

Now that I stop and think about it.... maybe we really "are what we eat"....

But I also have a theory that, unfortunately our ancestors indulgence may make our enzymes not float so well. ...
Read more : Show of hands... MS vs. Metabolic | Views : 1369 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Hello from Whitehall, NY

I'm 53, Male, newly diagnosed with RRMS, and more than a little scared and confused.

Are there any support groups in upstate NY or in Mid (Rutland area)Vermont? I'm working with Dartmouth Medical Center MS clinic in NH but it is 80+ miles due East. Albany, NY is also about 80 miles due South and they have support programs also. I know if nothing relatively close so far. I'm not on any treatment so far ...
Read more : Hello from Whitehall, NY | Views : 1567 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 227114 • Total topics 23950 • Total members 15294

Contact us | Terms of Service