It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:26 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Dr. Dake's address?

Anybody have Dr. Dake's address handy? I want to send him the disc of my CT scans, but I don't know where to send it to. I left a message at his office today, but never received a return call. I'm sure they'll call tomorrow, but I'd like to get a jump on this...
Read more : Dr. Dake's address? | Views : 2508 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Melatonin question

Has any one here had any relapses or worsening of symptoms from taking melatonin?? Or perhaps any beneficial changes... Just looking for some input and info on melatonin and MS...

Brock
Read more : Melatonin question | Views : 1192 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Four Disease Courses Have Been Identified in MS

Source NMSS

Four Disease Courses Have Been Identified in MS

Relapsing-Remitting MS (RRMS)
RRMS is the most common form of the disease. It is characterized by clearly defined acute attacks with full recovery (1a) or with residual deficit upon recovery (1b). Periods between disease relapses are characterized by a lack of disease progression. Approximately 85% of people with MS begin with a relapsing-remitting course.

Primary Progressive MS (PPMS)
PPMS is characterized by progression of disability ...
Read more : Four Disease Courses Have Been Identified in MS | Views : 1346 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Getting the blood thinned to the theraputic level

Anyone else having trouble getting the blood to thin to the therapeutic levels. My first blood work came back at 1.04 which is just in the high end of normal. I was taking warferin at 5 mg / day up to that point. Now taking 7.5 mg / day and will be re tested next week. Even with the higher dose it seemed after suffering an attack of the ankle grabbing blackberries that my blood ...

cool video!!!!

Read more : cool video!!!! | Views : 1382 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

What a bummer!

Hi everyone! I just got back from a week vacation in Rhode Island and boy did I miss a lot! I have a lot of reading to do to catch up on everything. Thanks to needled (she PMed me) I have already read the preliminary reults of the liberation 100. How exciting!

So here what's going on in CT. I spoke with my Neuro and my PCP about all of this and both were interested ...
Read more : What a bummer! | Views : 2092 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Depression

Still being new to this disease, I have been having increased Fatigue. Muscle weakness is getting worse. My headaches have moved to the back of my head and I have found myself to be more depressed and I can't figure out why the hell I'm depressed in the first place. I am trying to stay positive about everything and keep my mind busy, but I can't get passed this depression. Has anyone else been experiencing ...
Read more : Depression | Views : 4267 | Replies : 35 | Forum : General Discussion

Worried about possible MS Symptoms

Hi all,

Came across this site after doing some research on MS and decided to post my symptoms and thoughts.

Firstly, a little about myself, male, 41YO, to date never had any pressing health issues, apart from a kidney stone a couple of years.

Right my symptoms, about a year ago I started to get a sensation of something caught in my throat when I swallowed, some days it was there, some days it wasn’t, ...
Read more : Worried about possible MS Symptoms | Views : 2051 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

National Health Care (U.S.)

Now please lets not turn this into a liberal/conservative, democrat/republican arguement. But, I want different views on Obamas proposed national health care program; as it relates to us. I would love to hear from other people in countries with national health care. How do you you think it will affect us with MS? I just ask because frankly I am scared sh!tlesss listening to Jules71, and the amount of time it took her just to ...
Read more : National Health Care (U.S.) | Views : 10906 | Replies : 100 | Forum : General Discussion

Swine flu vaccine

Just wondering if anyone here is going to have the vaccine as soon as it comes out or are you going to wait? I know some healthy people who are afraid of it, maybe we should be too?
Read more : Swine flu vaccine | Views : 2189 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 242205 • Total topics 26540 • Total members 17714

Contact us | Terms of Service