It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:19 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

In the Phase 3 Campath study!

So I needed to switch tx after 4 years on copaxone. Doc recommended I choose between tysabri and Campath, as he is involved in the study. It was a really hard decision, especially since I was dead set against taking an interferon. The research nurse said that if I was randomized onto the rebif I could drop out. So I went thru the entire process, then on randomization day - hooray!!!
I got my five ...
Read more : In the Phase 3 Campath study! | Views : 1724 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

going in for #3 tomorrow

So tomorrow is infusion #3 for me

Haven't really noticed many differences as of yet but here's hoping that good changes are around the corner

Have had several side effects after the other 2 infusions so I'm hoping this time goes a bit better. My boss doesn't seem to understand that i'm pre-emptively booking off the next 2 days as sick days.

Wish me luck!
Read more : going in for #3 tomorrow | Views : 1563 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Keri??

How are you???
Read more : Keri?? | Views : 4337 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Pilot-trial results of INF+pioglitazone

A small study found a significant effectivenes of pioglitazone (an approved diabetes typ-II drug) in protecting grey matter and a positive trend towards lower lesion load:

PubMed

--Frank
Read more : Pilot-trial results of INF+pioglitazone | Views : 1905 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Tapering off Baclofen question

I have been taking oral Baclofen for almost 3 years. Started at around 30mg a day then last summer increased to 80mg during a relapse. I didn't think it did much at 30mg, so why I went up to 80mg, well I just don't know because I really do not believe it is helping anything. In the last month or so I've flucuated between 60 to 80 as sometimes I just forget to take it. ...
Read more : Tapering off Baclofen question | Views : 2156 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

My PCP Is Reading the Research, May Order CT Venography

I met with my primary care physician yesterday, and presented him with 2008 Zamboni research paper. He did a cursory look at it as I explained its implications, and he was impressed enough to commit to reading the paper, as well as further research that I sent him via e-mail last night.

He seems very open to ordering the CT venography that Dr. Dake recommended. I told him that we'd probably need to order it ...

Hello from Califonia

Hi everyone,

My name is Sarah and I am a 26 year old mom of two, a 7 year old son and an almost 2 year old daughter. She's the cutie in the picture but don't be fooled by the sweet exterior, that girls got one HOT attitude. LOL!

I am married to a wonderful man who is a Pilot in the Army and we are currently stationed in CA. I work from home running ...
Read more : Hello from Califonia | Views : 1127 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Bracing to get the diagnosis.

WEll,

maybe some of you remember my earlier posts. I was pretty concerned that my girlfriend was showing some symptoms of MS and came here to try and get some more info....

Since the posts, things are closer to being figured out. SHe had an MRI (w/o contrast) because it was initally to figure out headaches (not due to suspected MS). The results are in and she has an appt in a week or so. ...
Read more : Bracing to get the diagnosis. | Views : 1611 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

valsalva maneuver, posture

Since I don't think I will be having surgery anytime really soon, I have been poking around a bit seeing what I could learn about how posture might affect the ability of the jugular veins to drain the brain - with the notion that certain positions might be problematic (specifically wondering about computer-hunch position, but havent found any answers on that yet)

I'm finding some interesting stuff about how the jugulars collapse in normal people ...
Read more : valsalva maneuver, posture | Views : 2258 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Read more : 123 | Views : 1555 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 239724 • Total topics 26175 • Total members 17436

Contact us | Terms of Service