It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:36 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Your views on commencing abc's

Hi Everyone,

Sorry about bombarding you all with questions but you all seem to know what's going on with things.

On Friday i will be seeing the neuro to get my lp results and i'm assuming he will discuss with me my options.

If i have ms (which is the most likely scenario) i would like to consider one of the abc drugs in the hope of slowing down the progression of this nightmare disease. ...
Read more : Your views on commencing abc's | Views : 1262 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

FOXP3

New Molecular Path To Fight Autoimmune Diseases Discovered By Penn Researchers

Main Category: Multiple Sclerosis News
Article Date: 10 Mar 2007 - 10:00 PST

Multiple sclerosis, diabetes, and arthritis are among a variety of autoimmune diseases that are aggravated when one type of white blood cell, called the immune regulatory cell, malfunctions. In humans, one cause of this malfunction is when a mutation in the FOXP3 gene disables the immune cells' ability to function. In ...
Read more : FOXP3 | Views : 1090 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

T1 Black holes more relevant than T2

I think this just confirms current understanding:

Pubmedtinyurl

Dom.
Read more : T1 Black holes more relevant than T2 | Views : 1279 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Better knowledge of EAE

EAE might not be the best model of MS, but better understanding of it could be a good thing:

Pubmedtinyurl

Dom.
Read more : Better knowledge of EAE | Views : 1071 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Things that doctors say to patients

Hi Everyone,

I have just got a few questions on my mind that i would rather ask here and not my neuro.

A week ago when i had to go into hospital for iv steroids, lp and vep i spoke to the head neuro there as he hadn't met me before.
He spoke of ms as a disease that you may or may not go on to develop after a CIS or even if you ...
Read more : Things that doctors say to patients | Views : 2719 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Discussion

Curious about date of posts...

I'm wondering if there is a reason that the posts for Avonex seem to be quite old compared to some of the other drugs? I am also curious if people here check in every day, every week, every month... or what the normal "posting time" is. Hope you are all well!!
Read more : Curious about date of posts... | Views : 2360 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Avonex

Newbie on the block

Hi all! Great to find you. I've been lurking for a couple of days to get the jist of this place and have been very impressed with everyone. My history is that I was diagnosed with Systemic Lupus at 14 years old and attributed many of the signs of MS to that for some time.

Ten years later, at 24 years old, I was hospitalized with temp. leg paralysis, vertigo, L'hermites... you know the drill. ...
Read more : Newbie on the block | Views : 1863 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Introductions

Nerves must 'shout louder' as we age

To understand what has gone wrong with our bodies, it's crucial to understand what constitutes 'normal' nerve-muscle communication and what happens during ageing, as this prof is doing...

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2007-03/uod-wyb030907.php

Dom.
Read more : Nerves must 'shout louder' as we age | Views : 1389 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Cautious optimism about myelin repair

No full text article, but still quite nice to hear:

tinyurl

Dom.
Read more : Cautious optimism about myelin repair | Views : 1426 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Reminder to neuros

I'm a bit hesitant about posting this because it's about those of us at the extreme end of the MS spectrum. Please remember that it's very, VERY unlikely to be you or to paint a picture of your future, but until we are finally rid of this disease, (which won't be too long, I'm sure), it's just a reminder to neurologists that while we are waiting, we have to live a life, and some of ...
Read more : Reminder to neuros | Views : 1273 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220833 • Total topics 22887 • Total members 14451

Contact us | Terms of Service