It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:32 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

New Wheelchair Kamikaze video: In Search of Audrey Hepburn

Here's my latest video, shot from my wheelchair mounted camera. It's a trip across Manhattan, in search of a statue dedicated to the great actress and humanitarian, Audrey Hepburn.

I hope everyone enjoys it...

http://www.wheelchairkamikaze.com/2009/ ... earch.html
Read more : New Wheelchair Kamikaze video: In Search of Audrey Hepburn | Views : 1438 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

What Next??

Well it seems that the Tysabri is not slowing down this damn disease, Ive only had 2 infusions but i am progressing. I have to talk with neuro next week to discuss further treatments. should i stick this out on tysabri or look into something different? Oh I have had 2 mris in the last few months with no enhancing lesions.
Read more : What Next?? | Views : 1066 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Gibbledygook's Stents

I checked into Stanford on Monday at 7am for magnetic resonance imaging of the upper body which took place for about an hour. I then discussed the results with Professor Dake in the afternoon. The scans showed up some pretty severe narrowings of both jugular veins for quite extensive lengths.

Yesterday I had a 4 cm stent placed into the right jugular at C1 to 2 and a 2cm and a 4cm stent placed into ...
Read more : Gibbledygook's Stents | Views : 30545 | Replies : 227 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

what can i do!!!

So I decided to paint my living room and clean my carpets,now im paying for it and I need some advise?I still havent been able to get an MRI done because the charity papers can take up to 3 mo.to qualify,alot of the feelings that i was experiening seem to slow way down at the begining of may,they were veary intense!Now i just still have the sensation of my arms and legs falling asleep and ...
Read more : what can i do!!! | Views : 1517 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

New Guy

Hey everyone, The name is Erich, had my first attack at 18 years old. Misdiagnosed at first, had second attack a year or so later, decided at that time to start on Rebif. I've been on Rebif for a few years at least now, no attacks since I started taking it so I can't complain. Decided I should start expanding my knowledge on everything so I find myself here. Seems like a solid site with ...
Read more : New Guy | Views : 1202 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Azygos question

Hi all.

I would like to ask a question. I have many lesions in my brain, most of them periventricular or in the corpus callosum. A very typical "Dawson's finger" image that could be a perfect example for a book, according to my neuro.

In addition, I have some small lesions in my spinal cord, at the cervical region. Finally, I have 2 very tiny at the level of T4 - T5 that are 100% ...
Read more : Azygos question | Views : 2127 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

next person who sees Dr Dake

Could you please ask him if he knows anybody qualified and interested, who is a surgeon, in France? It might help to have him spread the word to other doctors here, as they aren't very open to hearing anything from the patients. My husband was seen by one Dr who knows Zamboni (and he says he is a very serious doctor...), but when it comes to intervention, that Dr will need to find others who ...
Read more : next person who sees Dr Dake | Views : 1498 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

spreading the word

Do you guys agree that there is value in cautiously/respectfully spreading this new research and hope to other online communities?

It's somewhat delicate because I don't feel qualified to answer many questions about it, and Admins tend to frown on new members linking people to other "competing" forums ... maybe someone more knowledgeable could go be a CCSVI missionary to other boards?

(It would be interesting to compare and contrast the way different forums react ...
Read more : spreading the word | Views : 1932 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

dr dake and health insurance

Can anyone tell me about how this works out? I have health insurance through my job, it's not great but it's OK ... ar there problems to anticipate? Have others submitted claims, and how large was the expense, etc?

:?:

I love Northern CA and have some vacation time to use up this summer ....
Read more : dr dake and health insurance | Views : 3416 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

introduction

:wink: Hi, I'm new at all this forums stuff. I was searching the web for info on MS and found this site. I was diagnosis with MS in Nov. 08' and started taking Avonex but this week had an allergic reaction and will no longer take Avonex. Once paperwork is completed I'll start on Copaxon. I am scared to DEATH. A shot everyday I hope I ...
Read more : introduction | Views : 1149 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240766 • Total topics 26324 • Total members 17539

Contact us | Terms of Service