It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:34 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Cautious optimism about myelin repair

No full text article, but still quite nice to hear:

tinyurl

Dom.
Read more : Cautious optimism about myelin repair | Views : 1426 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Reminder to neuros

I'm a bit hesitant about posting this because it's about those of us at the extreme end of the MS spectrum. Please remember that it's very, VERY unlikely to be you or to paint a picture of your future, but until we are finally rid of this disease, (which won't be too long, I'm sure), it's just a reminder to neurologists that while we are waiting, we have to live a life, and some of ...
Read more : Reminder to neuros | Views : 1274 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Unsure of my options in Australia

Hi Everyone,

I'm Elly. I'm 35 and have 2 beautiful little boys.
I have had an Episode of altered sensation that has been investigated with an mri which showed 2 areas of inflammation on the brain and 2 in the spine. I had an lp last week and i will get the results next week. Blood tests have been normal.

I have been told by my neurologist that we just need to wait and see. ...
Read more : Unsure of my options in Australia | Views : 1424 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Procedure for stiff muscles

Not sure I'd want to go this route but it does make sense

New Way To Fight Stiff Muscles
Pocatello, Idaho
Story Published: Mar 5, 2007 at 5:19 PM MST

By Sarah Schwabe

Portneuf Medical Center is now offering a procedure that promises relief for people with multiple sclerosis or spinal cord injuries. It's a simple surgery where doctors place a medicine pump in the patient's abdomen.

As KIDK Newswatch 3's Sarah Schwabe reports, this ...
Read more : Procedure for stiff muscles | Views : 1544 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Generic drugs

Congress mulls generics for biologic drugs
March 8, 2007

The U.S. Senate is holding hearings this week on a bill which would give the FDA the ability to approve generic versions of biologic drugs. If approved, the measure could potentially save the federal health programs $71 billion over the next ten years, according to some estimates. To date, the FDA has said that it doesn't have the power to approve generic versions of these very ...
Read more : Generic drugs | Views : 994 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Mapping genes by computer

Computer Key Unlocks Heritable Disorders

Danish and Belgian researchers have found a computer key that maps genes underlying heritable disorders, such as breast cancer, multiple sclerosis, and Alzheimer’s disease. These results will possibly ease the discovery of new medicines and improve treatment in various disorders.
The results – which are published in the current issue of Nature Biotechnology – show that genes important for the development of diseases like Alzheimer’s follow the same cellular rules ...
Read more : Mapping genes by computer | Views : 754 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Swollen painful glands anyone?

I've recently had a couple bouts of swollen glands with accompying dull pain - usually on one side of my neck/jaw. I did a quick google search and found that this is one possible side effect of GA. Anyone else experience this? I'm quite certain that it's not an infection since I have no other side effects. I'm seriously considering cutting back to one shot of C every other day.
Read more : Swollen painful glands anyone? | Views : 8892 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Copaxone

Normal-appearing brain isn't normal

Newer imaging techniques reveal that normal-appearing grey and white matter actually do have abnormalities in MS brains, although I'm not sure exactly what those 'abnormalities' signify...

PubMedtinyurl

Dom.
Read more : Normal-appearing brain isn't normal | Views : 1710 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

pilates

The local chapter of the MS society here has started a free weekly pilates class and it is wonderful. Everyone in the class has MS and so not everyone can do the full version of each exercise, but everyone does what they can. I enjoy it so much more than yoga, where leg spasticity poses frequent problems. Encourage your local MS society chapter to sponsor a class and then support it! I know I feel ...
Read more : pilates | Views : 3173 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Exercise and Physical Therapy

Lumbar Stenosis and Associated Deformities

I am having more and more problems walking. It takes everything I've got to walk a few blocs. I remember my buddy reading my MRI of my spine eight years ago and telling me I have lumbar stenosis.

Read this article carefully:

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/448310_2

My chronic back pain (upper right side), my foot drop, my difficulty walking lead me to believe that my stenosis is getting worse. Any thoughts on ...
Read more : Lumbar Stenosis and Associated Deformities | Views : 1295 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220845 • Total topics 22889 • Total members 14454

Contact us | Terms of Service