It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:26 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Brain volume, white matter lesions and alcohol

Saw this article http://www.irishhealth.com/index.html?src=ez&link=MzA1Mg%3D%3D%0A&level=4&id=14444 on brain volume, alcohol consumption and white matter lesions in normal subjects.

While not on MS specifically, I found it interesting.
My brain must be the size of a pea after the kind of partying I did in my twenties. Wish I could turn back the clock on that. 8O
Read more : Brain volume, white matter lesions and alcohol | Views : 1679 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Vascular health

My mother had very severe MS and always used to bruise like a peach and had lots of little spidery veins in her legs as she got older but not many varicose veins. I too used to bruise like a peach but seem to have, perhaps temporarily, stopped. I was wanting to find out from everyone how they view their vascular health. Do you bruise easily? Do you have many spider veins on your face/legs? ...
Read more : Vascular health | Views : 6787 | Replies : 46 | Forum : General Discussion

post Rituxan blood work results

got my blood test results back today, and Rituxan has done what it was supposed to do, my B cell counts have indeed plummeted.

Now let's see if this has any beneficial effect on my MS. Sure hope so...
Read more : post Rituxan blood work results | Views : 4105 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Rituxan (Rituximab)

Allozyne, PEGylated IFN beta

Allozyne, Developer of Multiple Sclerosis Drug in Fewer Shots, Poised to Enter Clinical Trials

Allozyne’s technology aims to enable what is known as “pegylation” of an interferon beta drug. That means scientists can attach a polymer that helps the drug remain stable for a longer period of time in the bloodstream to do its job. Instead of weekly injections, Allozyne thinks its candidate can be given every other week, or even once a month, Chhabra ...
Read more : Allozyne, PEGylated IFN beta | Views : 1477 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Assisted suicide article (woman with MS)

I have often been intrigued by the idea of assisted suicide, and figured it would be an option if I ever got to a certain point. Well, that point is a bit closer since being diagnosed with MS. I have always said I would want to go when I can't wipe my own a*s. I meant it in a joking way, but now...

Anyway, I found an interesting article. I had no idea that assisted ...
Read more : Assisted suicide article (woman with MS) | Views : 3937 | Replies : 19 | Forum : General Discussion

excitedscaredexcitedscaredexcitedscared

I just need to let this out somewhere and blow off a little steam....

Turns out that I might be pregnant. It's only 6.5 weeks since my last miscarriage but I have a whole bunch of symptoms that have been around for about a week that I have been trying to ignore until Adam made me talk to the dr. Since these sympoms include stuff like morning sickness she has taken bloods to test my ...
Read more : excitedscaredexcitedscaredexcitedscared | Views : 4816 | Replies : 37 | Forum : General Discussion

Av8rgirl's results on Tovaxin - Phase IIb

I started the screening process for the Phase IIb trial in Jan of 2007. I received my first vaccine in March and the last vaccine on 9/21/2007.

In July of 2007, I had a major exacerbation which was treated with 3 days of IVSM.

The trial ended for me on April 1, 2008. Two weeks later, I had another exacerbation which was treated with 3 days of IVSM.

I was dx'd with RRMS in March ...
Read more : Av8rgirl's results on Tovaxin - Phase IIb | Views : 5439 | Replies : 22 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

try this new game!!

:D hi ya'll try out this new version of tic tac toe you'll love it!! for real

http://stuff.pyzam.com/toys/tictacscare.swf

let me know what ya think 8)
Read more : try this new game!! | Views : 2238 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

Are there indicators for a good or bad disease course?

Hi Guys,

Because i'm obsessed with ms and what may happen in the future i have been wondering if anyone knows if there is anything that may indicate what disease course you may have.

I have read in the past that what happens in the first 5 years may be an indicator of what your ms may do in the future, if it's going to be mild or more aggressive.

If ms is so unpredictable ...
Read more : Are there indicators for a good or bad disease course? | Views : 1371 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

MRI of the Spine

Hello to all-

I'm due for another MRI...the majority of my lesions were in my brain in my previous MRIs, yet I had a single one in my spine. My neuro told me that another MRI of the spine was not necessary due to the lack of newer clinical signs related to it. I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience.

thanks in advance,

TOL
Read more : MRI of the Spine | Views : 1495 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 234273 • Total topics 25193 • Total members 16409

Contact us | Terms of Service