It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:30 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Understanding FoxP3

Read more : Understanding FoxP3 | Views : 1020 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Relapses DO add up to progression

An abstract which seems to confirm the 'standard model' of RRMS; that relapses do have a cumulative effect on disability:

tinyURL

Dom.
Read more : Relapses DO add up to progression | Views : 844 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Yoga

Hi all,

I thought I would share with the group a yoga site I was made aware of. It is called yogatoday.com. It is free, and it presents a new yoga practice every day. I have it set so that the new practice is downloaded on my computer daily. Every week you receive the program description with the levels of difficulty. There is also a large archive of previous practices that allows you to download ...
Read more : Yoga | Views : 1072 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

the liver gets involved

There's plenty of healthy disagreement about the cause(s), trigger(s) and disease process, but I think we can agree that it is incredibly complex.

Immunomodulatory properties of increased levels of liver X receptor beta in peripheral blood mononuclear cells from multiple sclerosis patients.

Exp Neurol. 2007 Jan 24;
Giorelli M, Livrea P, Minervini MG, Trojano M.
Department of Neurologic and Psychiatric Sciences, University of Bari, Bari, Italy; U.O. of Neurology, "Casa della ...
Read more : the liver gets involved | Views : 905 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

MBP-8298 update

BioMS Medical: potential to broaden MS treatment options
2nd March 2007
By Charlotte Mackey

BioMS commences phase II/III extension trial for MBP-8298 in the treatment of multiple sclerosis

BioMS has initiated an open-label extension of its MAESTRO-01 pivotal phase II/III trial of MBP-8298 in patients with secondary progressive multiple sclerosis. MBP-8298 has the potential to broaden the currently narrow treatment options for this form of MS as well as offering an improved dosing regimen.

'Content ...
Read more : MBP-8298 update | Views : 1577 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

I am cold

Quick question :?: :?: :?: Is being cold all the time part of MS??? Since the start of this winter, and it's been VERY VERY cold, I swear to you I have not been warm since November. Everybody (and a lot of what I have read) says hot temps are bad ...
Read more : I am cold | Views : 2774 | Replies : 20 | Forum : General Discussion

dysphagia

what do you guys think? over the last few months i started noticing that things would tend to go down the wrong way. it was ticking me off. i hadn't been supplementing. had largely cut out bread to try to help deal with suspected candida issues, and also was off grains and some legumes as a low carb idea. my throat kept getting worse. last week it got so bad i was coughing every 5 ...
Read more : dysphagia | Views : 2167 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Macrophages

Enabling Nerve Regeneration Means Evicting The Cleanup Crew
Main Category: Immune System / Vaccines News
Article Date: 04 Mar 2007 - 10:00 PST

Macrophages are the immune cells that engulf and destroy the debris of damaged tissue to enable the healing process to begin. Their presence at the scene of damage is critical, but once their task is complete, it is just as critical that macrophages exit rapidly, ending the inflammatory process and making way ...
Read more : Macrophages | Views : 975 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Lenton Meditation

As a result of of sin, many of us are suffering from yeast overgrowth. Yeast is a single celled fungal organism. Addictions to sugar, sweets, diets, white flour, supplements, caffeine, alcoholic beverages, hormonal contraceptives, corticosteroids, and antibiotics, cause yeast to proliferate throughout the digestive tract. As yeast spreads, it out-competes and decreases the good bacteria necessary for digestion.This bacterial imbalance is called dysbiosis. With lack of nutrient absorption, it is no wonder why so many ...
Read more : Lenton Meditation | Views : 4001 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Mental & Spiritual Health

Introducing our new Volunteer Moderator

Hi all,

As many of you have noticed, one of our community members has stepped up recently to help moderate our forums. That member is NHE, and I want to formally introduce and thank NHE for his efforts.

NHE has been with us since late 2004 (has it been that long already?!), and has always been willing to offer a helping hand as well as uncover helpful research for others. He is the type of ...
Read more : Introducing our new Volunteer Moderator | Views : 9680 | Replies : 25 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220760 • Total topics 22871 • Total members 14444

Contact us | Terms of Service