It is currently Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:32 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

to watergypsy

Hey, I sent you a messege
Read more : to watergypsy | Views : 996 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

New venture

Interesting combination...

Hadasit, Harvard Medical School in autoimmune venture

The venture looks to research oral delivery of antibodies currently administered intravenously.

Globes - 23 Jan 08 - Hadasit Technology Transfer Company of Hadassah University Hospital Ltd., Harvard Medical School, and its affiliate Brigham and Women’s Hospital have set up a joint scientific venture to develop a new orally administered therapeutic treatment for autoimmune diseases. The parties will own the venture in equal shares. This is ...
Read more : New venture | Views : 1161 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Copaxone long-term study

Now that's some long-term follow up!

Long-term (up to 22 years), open-label,compassionate-use study of glatiramer acetatein relapsingremitting multiple sclerosis.

Mult Scler. 2008 Jan 21
Miller A, Spada V, Beerkircher D, Kreitman RR.
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA.

To evaluate the safety and efficacy of long-term glatiramer acetate (GA) therapy, 46 patients with relapsingremitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) were treated for up to 22 years in an ongoing, open-label ...
Read more : Copaxone long-term study | Views : 3731 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Copaxone

I hadn't heard about this...

FDA Launches Misguided Attack on Estriol, Despite Proof it is Safe and Effective for Women, says Dr. Erika

"Why would the FDA try to take estriol off the market when it is not only safe for women in menopause, it may even help women with multiple sclerosis," writes Dr Erika. Maybe it is because the agency is more concerned with protecting Wyeth than it is with protecting women, she says. ...
Read more : Estriol | Views : 4024 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Everyone loves EBV...

Selective association of multiple sclerosis withinfectious mononucleosis.

Mult Scler. 2008 Jan 21
Zaadstra BM, Chorus AM, Van Buuren S, Kalsbeek H, van Noort JM.
Department of Prevention and Care, TNO Quality of Life, Leiden, The Netherlands and Netherlands Interdisciplinary Demographic Institute, The Hague, The Netherlands.

Previous studies have suggested an association between multiple sclerosis (MS) and infectious mononucleosis (IM) but data on the exact strength of this association ...
Read more : EBV | Views : 1271 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Hello from London

Hi everyone,

Stumbled across this site looking up LDN and the pro and cons as my neurologist is unsure of its findings ?

Anyway Iam Simon from London,England. 37 years old, married and 1 stepson. Finally diagnosed with MS last summer 2006 with a MRI scan after spending a week in St.Thomas' Hospital. Been a long journey looking for answers for at least 4 years, eventhough both my parents have MS and my fathers brother ...
Read more : Hello from London | Views : 1793 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

RTL-1000 phase-I recruiting

OHSU are initiating a 3-4 month placebo (2:1) controled phase-I trial in RRMS and SPMS: ... RB00002426

Read more : RTL-1000 phase-I recruiting | Views : 2636 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

New therapeutic target

Went to Cambridge today for a check-up. As I came out of the lift I bumped into Raven (Robin) - what a small world.

I have now met four posters on this site - Raven, Muu, Loriyas and Jaded. Can anyone beat that?

I never want to meet Lyon (because of the shiny shirts mainly) or Chris55 (who is a sandwich short of a picnic) - just thinking out loud.

I'd like to meet Jimmylegs ...
Read more : New therapeutic target | Views : 1946 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

More Worms for Bob

I thought you might find this interesting Bob: an antigen from the eggs of parasitic worms seems to restrict the development of EAE in mice, though not if given after the onset of the disease:
J Neuroimmunol. 2008 Jan 18
Related Articles

Soluble egg antigen from Schistosoma japonicum modulates the progression of chronic progressive experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis via Th2-shift response.

Zheng X, Hu X, Zhou G, Lu Z, Qiu W, Bao ...
Read more : More Worms for Bob | Views : 1172 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Does anyone experience dizziness?

I was diagnosed with MS about 5 years ago. I am currently on Avonex and take Low Dose Naltrexone. My biggest sympton of my MS is a feeling of dizziness. Does anyone else experience dizziness and what treatments do you use to help combat that?
Read more : Does anyone experience dizziness? | Views : 2213 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 227742 • Total topics 24058 • Total members 15407

Contact us | Terms of Service