It is currently Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:15 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Anyone done Rituxan?

What were your results? did your insurance pay? Did it stop your progression?

thanks
Read more : Anyone done Rituxan? | Views : 1443 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Something my neuro said about Tovaxin

I had a neuro appointment yesterday and I brought a recent article from Opexa (this one: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/111260.php) to ask a few questions to my neuro.

In the article, I was impressed to see that some people in the trial had improved and I wanted to see what my neuro would say.

My neuro read the article and then he read more about the way the vaccine works (also included ...
Read more : Something my neuro said about Tovaxin | Views : 4561 | Replies : 20 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

PFT'S and FTY 720

I have been part of this study now for 18 months. I recently did another set of pulmonary function studies. I was at 104% of predicted values for my age and sex. Very good.
They just called me to say that these excellent numbers were only at 80 % of my initial measures ! they want me to do pre and post bronchodilator measures. I will blow up their machine , hahaha.
So, maybe I ...
Read more : PFT'S and FTY 720 | Views : 2011 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

viruses

Any ideas about if some investigators are near to develop something to win viruses? no just for MS but viruses in general.
Rita
Read more : viruses | Views : 1187 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

I'm Pregnant!

:D :D :D
And I haven't even told my husband yet. I took two tests today. You guys are the first to know!

I am so relieved. I've been Rebif-free for just three months now and I was so nervous that it would take a long time.

I'm ...
Read more : I'm Pregnant! | Views : 3317 | Replies : 19 | Forum : General Discussion

viruses

The more I read about viruses and MS, the less I understand...

Herpesviruses and human endogenous retroviral sequences in the cerebrospinal fluid of multiple sclerosis patients.

Mult Scler. 2008 Jun;14(5):595-601.
Alvarez-Lafuente R, García-Montojo M, De Las Heras V, Domínguez-Mozo M, Bartolome M, Benito-Martin M, Arroyo R.
Servicio de Neurología, Hospital Clínico San Carlos, Madrid 28040, Spain. labesmul@hcsc.es.

Objective
To analyze the possible role of human herpesvirus (HHVs) and human endogenous ...
Read more : viruses | Views : 3622 | Replies : 23 | Forum : General Discussion

MS Difficult to Spot for Many Physicians

One In Three GPs Not Confident In Spotting MS, UK
23 Jun 2008

Research published by the MS Society has revealed that one in three GPs is unsure how to spot the signs of multiple sclerosis (MS).

The report undertaken by Brand Health International questioned GPs across Britain and highlights a lack of confidence in identifying potential MS patients by their symptoms.

The research reinforces concerns the charity has over the disparate experiences of those ...
Read more : MS Difficult to Spot for Many Physicians | Views : 1295 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Rush Hospital Info

RUSH UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER
Our mailing address:
1653 W. Congress Parkway, Chicago, Illinois 60612

To make an appointment with a doctor at Rush, please call our toll-free physician referral number: (888) 352-RUSH.

Multiple Sclerosis Center at Rush
Contact Phone
(312) 942-8011
Contact E-mail
contact_rush@rush.edu

http://www.rush.edu/

Thanks to Cheerleader for the info!
Read more : Rush Hospital Info | Views : 2061 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

I've been copaxoned!

The copaxone training lady came to meet with me at work. I have now done my first injection and so far so good. I have a small red area on a wobbly bit and it seriously stung for a bit but now it just achey stings. I can live with this!

The side effects are ok and she said that she's had a lady do an entire pregnancy on it and had a healthy delivery! ...
Read more : I've been copaxoned! | Views : 1515 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Treatment 1: Solu-Medrol/methylprednisolone and side effects

After recently being diagnosed on 6/6 I've started a 5 day IV drip of Solu-Medrol(steroids) as a first step before I start a long term approach to attacking the diesase. I guess it's pretty standard stuff.

I had some questions about the experience of anyone that has gone through this treatment because I've been experiencing some side effects.

During the treatment I felt great. I even went for a couple runs for the first time ...
Read more : Treatment 1: Solu-Medrol/methylprednisolone and side effects | Views : 1643 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 231990 • Total topics 24778 • Total members 15944

Contact us | Terms of Service