It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:20 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

sad a little bit

how can someone keep the courage alive?there are times that i think about the future and then i think that i can not be in love or go out and have fun :( anyway...i always used to be strong :) ...
Read more : sad a little bit | Views : 1492 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Daily Life

Increased repair?

For both RevImmune and Campath, you read about the surprising / unexpected decreases in EDSS. Has anything similar been noted for Rituxan?

I checked what I think are the Phase II results, and they present the starting EDSS but not what it was at the end.
Read more : Increased repair? | Views : 3393 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Rituxan (Rituximab)

Update on DR Visit yesterday

I posted this on the rebif thread but wanted everyone to know about it.

I had my biannual MRI and Neuro check up this afternoon. I have been taking .22 Rebif shots for 6 months. Dr was thrilled that there were no new leisons/ no change at all in the T3 MRI. What a relief!! No progression since starting the Rebif.

I will up my dose of rebif to .32 for a month the go ...
Read more : Update on DR Visit yesterday | Views : 1292 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

MS - the gift that keeps on giving

Well 2008 has been an unusually crappy year for me. A severe fall and head injury, wicked vertigo for over 6 months now, optic neuritis in both eyes, balance and gait problems, and now a new gift from the MS grinch of the holidays... right arm numb from the elbow down and some loss of function in right hand. Wow.. what next? I can hardly wait to see. The wheel of misfortune keeps on spinning ...
Read more : MS - the gift that keeps on giving | Views : 2181 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

The Guy's Neurological Disability Scale (GNDS)

This was the first I remember of hearing about this; searched here and found a reference to it for a study. And it appears you can even do it yourself. The link below actually leads to access to the full text which has the test and how to administer/score it as an appendix.

The Guy's Neurological Disability Scale (GNDS): a new disability measure for multiple sclerosis
Basil Sharrack
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Hodgkin Building, Guy's, ...
Read more : The Guy's Neurological Disability Scale (GNDS) | Views : 1956 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Talked to my Dr about campath

He does the most recent 2 clinical trails for Campath and he says things are looking great for the drug as a true major MS treatment. He said it was doing better than rebif by 70 something percent.

I am doing fine on rebif so not a candidate for campath yet. He has very high hopes for it's use.

Keep all of us posted on your campath treatments so we choose our next course of ...
Read more : Talked to my Dr about campath | Views : 1518 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

My 6 month MRI and Checkup after starting Rebif

I mad my biannual MRI and Neuro check up this afternoon. I have been taking .22 Rebif shots for 6 months. Dr was thrilled that there were no new leisons/ no change at all in the T3 MRI. What a relief!! No progression since starting the Rebif.

I will up m dose of rebif to .32 for a month the go to the full .44 and go back in 3 months for another check up. ...
Read more : My 6 month MRI and Checkup after starting Rebif | Views : 3427 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Rebif

Hello from Greece

My name is Ioannamelina,i am 22years old and i am from Greece.I suffer from MS and i was informed about it before a month. I live with it 5 years,so there is no difference now. i am happy because i now what makes me walk like a fool!...hope rebif help me. I want to tell everybody to have courage and faith! when you stay optimistic you can win everything!!!
PS Sorry for my bad english!
Read more : Hello from Greece | Views : 1658 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Headaches and MS

I personally have suffered from bad headaches for most of my life which I always associated with sinus problems but I do/did have a brainstem lesion.

Multiple sclerosis seen associated with headache
Thu Dec 4, 2008 2:01am IST
NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Patients with multiple sclerosis are more apt to suffer from headaches than the general population, results of a study hint.

Multiple sclerosis, or MS, is a disease in which the immune system ...
Read more : Headaches and MS | Views : 3872 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

end of my FTY720 phase lll trial and beginning of ...

the extension phase.
This week was so packed with all kinds of appointments... :roll:
the eyes twice, the lungs, the heart, 2 neurologists, dermatologist, MRI, my work schedule... I skipped my wine course....it was too much....
That week was scary... but now, next week , I start the extension phase. They keep me under observation for 6 hrs again...
I will get either 1.25 mg or ...
Read more : end of my FTY720 phase lll trial and beginning of ... | Views : 2408 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235161 • Total topics 25379 • Total members 16585

Contact us | Terms of Service