It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:14 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Hello I'm Island girl

Hello, my name is Islandgirl I am scheduled to have the CCVIS venous MRI and possible surgery July 7th and 8th. I feel very good about my decision to have surgery, if I have jugular blockages. I want to thank mrhodes-40 for all her help and generosity in time and phone calls explaining and getting me informed, up and running on this web sight. She is wonderful.

If I get the surgery, I will be ...
Read more : Hello I'm Island girl | Views : 1849 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Please share your views on the most promising studies

Hello everybody. I am trying to figure out the best study options for me to participate in. Can other forum members please share their views on the most promising research studies?

I have had chronic progressive MS for 23 years. I was turned down by JH for the Revimmune procedure. I just started at a research hospital, Wash U. in StL, and I am not sure of what current ...
Read more : Please share your views on the most promising studies | Views : 3721 | Replies : 22 | Forum : General Discussion

Copaxone Thoughts...vs Interferons for inflammation

I was told Copaxone is not good for inflammation in the brain. The drugs good for that are Rebif or Betaseron. Is there any truth to this and does anyone know anything about this.
I was told Copaxone doesn't help with any sort of inflammation/swelling as the interferons do.
Thanks for the input.
Read more : Copaxone Thoughts...vs Interferons for inflammation | Views : 1799 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Copaxone

take those meds!!

Clinical trials of multiple sclerosis therapies
by All About MS on Thu 11 Jun 2009 12:00 AM CST | Permanent Link | Cosmos
Clinical trials of multiple sclerosis therapies: improvements to demonstrate long-term patient benefit.

Background

The therapeutic goal for multiple sclerosis (MS) is to achieve a better long-term outcome. However, since available data come from short-term studies, it is important to review the evidence that current therapies provide long-term benefit.

Method and ...
Read more : take those meds!! | Views : 1410 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Rewriting the MS story

Fatigue, brain fog, and heat sensitivity are always at the top of the list of MS symptoms. These symptoms are lumped in with the others, and we have been led to believe the brain lesions are the cause. Jeff and Marie had immediate relief of some of the symptoms. I seriously doubt that a lesion (or two) mysteriously disappeared on the operating table. It seems to me that we now have two groups of symptoms ...
Read more : Rewriting the MS story | Views : 6919 | Replies : 45 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Yes, another New Member

Hello all!

I have been surfing these message boards over the past week or so since my RRMS diagnosis. I am a 47 year old female with two children (ages 6 and 9) and a very supportive husband. It appears from the MRI, historical symptoms and medical history, that I have had this for some time. I have no active lesions and I am starting to feel better and the bad symptoms are starting to ...
Read more : Yes, another New Member | Views : 1069 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

I don't know where to begin. Help?

Hey,

I haven't been officially diagnosed, but the symptoms are speaking volumes, i.e. pins & needles, optic neuritis, depression, (no paralysis fortunately), speech problems (w/ a speech communications Master's degree ironically), and bladder problems.

I am a black female in Chicago's South Shore neighborhood, without a job, or health insurance, or a neurologist. My relapses, if that's what they are, are getting closer together, i.e. once months apart, now weeks.

They told me in college ...
Read more : I don't know where to begin. Help? | Views : 2892 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

SHOT DOWN BY MY NEURO

Wow, faster than a speeding bullet. As some of you have said, be prepared for your neuro to dismiss the idea out of hand, without even reading the material. I sent the December ’08 paper to my PCP. He read it, was cautious but thought it was interesting and wanted me to talk to my neuro. I had my annual checkup with him this week, so I prepared my “speech” and brought the paper. He ...
Read more : SHOT DOWN BY MY NEURO | Views : 5532 | Replies : 32 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Encouraging research

In some ways this research isn't earth shattering (we already know B cells are involved and that EAE sucks as an MS model), but on the other hand, I think they have made some impressive progress here.

Tracking down the causes of multiple sclerosis

June 10, 2009 -- Physorg.com -- Multiple sclerosis is a very complex disease of the nervous system. Thanks to the development of the new animal model, significantly improved insights into its ...
Read more : Encouraging research | Views : 1375 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240163 • Total topics 26240 • Total members 17481

Contact us | Terms of Service