It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:26 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Hi Jake

Your news is good but doesn't surprise me. I've been on LDN for the last 5 years. What does worry me is that you mentioned that you are using a local compounder. Is he familiar with LDN or did you have to basically tell him what to do? I started out with a local compounder and I had to explain to them what I needed them to do with the fast release filler. After 6 ...
Read more : Hi Jake | Views : 2632 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Help

Hello,

I am 25, white female and I suspect that I may have MS. I had gone to see a doctor about 2 years ago when I experienced my first episode of non-severe, but hardly dismissable neurological symptoms. He ran some tests and then told me nothing is wrong and not to worry about it.
I forgot about it all until a few weeks ago when the same type of symptoms re-appeared.
At this point, ...
Read more : Help | Views : 1630 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Placenta / parasite

That old parasite Lyon has managed to drive everyone from this site.

This story should keep him happy for a bit.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7081298.stm
Read more : Placenta / parasite | Views : 1274 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

For anyone flying

This is from another post I had setup. I hope this may be helpful for someone...

I just ordered from insulincase.com the "Small Medication Cooler kit good for Avonex Byetta Copaxone Embrel Forteo Humulin Xolair", costs about 45$ US. I found it through amazon.com. There was a slightly larger one for 55$. Im not gonna take a chance with anything else. The description is as follows from http://www.insulincase.com/detail.aspx?ID=328

Description: ...
Read more : For anyone flying | Views : 4058 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Avonex

exercise machines

Hello everyone, I have not posted in quite a while but I need your input.
I am going to purchase a passive exercise machine which I hope will help with spasticity, edema in lower legs, etc. Has anyone ever used a Thera-cycle or do you have other equipment you can recommend..Thanks for any information.
Read more : exercise machines | Views : 1588 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Read more : . | Views : 1580 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

One for Wesley

Hey Wesley,
I saw this today and thought of you – I seem to recall a little while ago you were going to attend a conference where the subject of the Rho family of proteins was going to be discussed, obviously in relation to cancer. Did anything relevant to MS come up, or did I just miss it? Anyway, here's the abstract:

Zhang Z, Schittenhelm J, Meyermann R, Schluesener HJ.

Institute of Brain Research, University ...
Read more : One for Wesley | Views : 1054 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Experts meet to discuss MS genes

International experts are gathering in Cambridge this week to plan the next step in their fight to unravel the genetics of multiple sclerosis (MS).

The Genetics of MS workshop, part-funded by the UK's MS Society and the USA's National MS Society, brings together 50 neurologists and scientists from across the EU, the United States and Australia.

A better understanding of the genes behind MS should improve chances of coming up with targeted and effective treatments. ...
Read more : Experts meet to discuss MS genes | Views : 1071 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Non-invasiv method to track stem cell development

Scientists develop non-invasive method to track nerve-cell development in live human brain

A team of scientists including researchers at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL) have identified and validated the first biomarker that permits neural stem and progenitor cells (NPCs) to be tracked, non-invasively, in the brains of living human subjects. This important advance could lead to significantly better diagnosis and monitoring of brain tumors and a range of serious neurological and psychiatric disorders. ...
Read more : Non-invasiv method to track stem cell development | Views : 1428 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Parasites II

Read more : Parasites II | Views : 1451 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 226297 • Total topics 23802 • Total members 15103

Contact us | Terms of Service