It is currently Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:32 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

some thoughts

Hello. I have not posted very much but do look in from time to time. Find lots of info to help but still going through not knowing for sure if I have MS. Been over 6 years with some progression of symptoms. Been dx with Central Nervous System Disorder. Last MRI Oct. 2007 showed 2 new lesions that could suggest MS. Neuro has not dx MS, I asked what else could be looked at and ...
Read more : some thoughts | Views : 1397 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

New here

My name is Stacy, my husband introduced me to this site as I have been dx with MS since I was 14 years old, now am 28. I have Relapsing Remitting type.
Read more : New here | Views : 1420 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

"Exercise pill" AICAR

No direct relationship to MS, but, given my fascination with insulin, I found this sentence in the CNN article interesting:
AICAR stimulates muscles to remove sugar from the blood, noted Laurie Goodyear of the Joslin Diabetes Center in Boston.

from 'Exercise pill' burns fat--if you're a mouse

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/07/31/exercise.pill.ap/index.html

You may find this abstract to have a little more info:
Friday, August 01, 2008
Cell Article on Effects of "Exercise Pill" on Mice
Cell has a fascinating ...
Read more : "Exercise pill" AICAR | Views : 1309 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Hot flashes and Rebif

Does anyone else have this problem?

I went to my GYN for checkup and had them do blood work for pre menopause or menopause. They called to say my hormones were no where near even pre menopause. So it must be the Rebif. I go to my neuro on the 11th so I can share the news and see what he says.

These hot flashes are horrible. They drain all my energy. MS Lifelines nurse ...
Read more : Hot flashes and Rebif | Views : 2926 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Rebif

Titanium AFO's

My neuro has prescribed an AFO for foot drop. I live 2 hours away from neuro and was planning to get fitted in hometown. Neuro said to make sure AFO is made from titanium, but no one I've contacted is familiar with anything of the sort. Any suggestions? Maybe I'm not asking for the right thing?

Any help would be appreciated!!!
Read more : Titanium AFO's | Views : 2074 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Hi all!

Hello everybody!

My name is Jen, I'm new here (obviously)... and as most other people here, I have MS. I was diagnosed at 14, and I'm just about to turn 20. How time flies.

I'm just wondering if anybody else would be able to share the symptoms they've had with "juvenile" MS (despite myself not being so young anymore). I've been pretty lucky to be in remission for the past 2 years or so, but ...
Read more : Hi all! | Views : 3530 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Under 25 with MS

Testosterone

Bit more (but not much) on testosterone for MS

Immune modulation and increased neurotrophic factor production in multiple sclerosis patients treated with testosterone 01 August 2008

Multiple sclerosis is a chronic inflammatory disease of the central nervous system with a pronounced neurodegenerative component. It has been suggested that novel treatment options are needed that target both aspects of the disease.

Evidence from basic and clinical studies suggests that testosterone has an immunomodulatory as well ...
Read more : Testosterone | Views : 1905 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Tysabri: 2 new cases of PML

I hope the fallout from this doesn't get too ugly...

http://tinyurl.com/tys-pml
Read more : Tysabri: 2 new cases of PML | Views : 4592 | Replies : 20 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232937 • Total topics 24942 • Total members 16081

Contact us | Terms of Service