It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:51 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

NEW TOVAXIN CLINICAL TRIAL SITE

I just got an alert on this and haven't even had a chance to check it out yet http://www.tovaxin.com/

Bob
Read more : NEW TOVAXIN CLINICAL TRIAL SITE | Views : 1581 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

GW finds partner to help with Sativex in US

Money seems to be what they need right now to move on with their clinical trial program, so this is good news I think.

GW Pharma signs partner for cannabis drug in U.S.

Feb 14 -- Reuters -- GW Pharmaceuticals has signed up Japan's Otsuka Pharmaceuticals Co. to develop and market pioneering cannabis-based drug Sativex in the United States, the UK company said on Wednesday, boosting its shares.

GW, which has a dispensation from the ...
Read more : GW finds partner to help with Sativex in US | Views : 2072 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Sativex

Lipoic Acid Study

The Oregon Health & Science University is currently recruiting patients for a study looking at the effects of Lipoic Acid in MS.
Study of Anti-Oxidant in Multiple Sclerosis
IRB# 1305, Principal Investigator: Vijayshree Yadav, M.D.

The Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Center of Oregon at Oregon Health & Science University is looking for people with a confirmed diagnosis of MS to participate in a research study that will require several blood draws and saliva collection. The purpose ...
Read more : Lipoic Acid Study | Views : 1571 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Natural Approach

Building a computer model of the cerebrum

Technology keeps charging along...

Building the Cortex in Silicon

Feb 12/07 -- MIT Technology Review -- Models of the brain built from specially designed computer chips could reveal the secrets of our cerebrum.

An ambitious project to model the cerebral cortex in silicon is under way at Stanford. The man-made brain could help scientists understand how the most recently evolved part of our brain performs its complex computational feats, allowing us to understand language, recognize ...
Read more : Building a computer model of the cerebrum | Views : 768 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Novartis shares genome info

Interesting article about Novartis' recent diabetes genome project and deciding to make the information freely available. I like this trend. It seems that science could progress so much faster if everybody shared findings, although I know it's not possible in every case.

Biology Goes Open Source

Feb 12/07 -- Forbes -- Some of the world's biggest drug companies are finding that their genetic research is worth more to them if they give it away.

Novartis, ...
Read more : Novartis shares genome info | Views : 780 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

C243

SRI International And Telik Announce Exclusive License For SRI To Develop Autoimmune And Inflammatory Disease Drug Candidate
Article Date: 09 Feb 2007 - 0:00 PST

SRI International, an independent nonprofit research and development organization, and Telik, Inc. (Nasdaq: TELK) today announced that they have signed an exclusive license agreement under which SRI will conduct preclinical studies of a Telik drug candidate for the treatment of multiple sclerosis and other autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.

The licensing ...
Read more : C243 | Views : 1111 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Elevated Liver Enzymes

Hi all, my partner who is currently on Betaseron has just found out she has very elevated liver enzymes. She's been on Betaseron for two months. She's been on Rebif and Avonex before, and discontinued both of them due to liver enzymes.

She tried Copaxone, but she had an allergic reaction 2 months into it (definitely an allergic reaction, not the crazy post injection episode).

We'd both really like for her to stay on Betaseron ...
Read more : Elevated Liver Enzymes | Views : 1935 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

yahoo, landed great coop job!

i'm so excited, i just got home from a symposium in toronto to the news in my email that i landed a summer placement with environment canada's biodiversity convention office! and i might even get to work on article 8j, omg i envisioned working on this stuff when i applied to the program - and it's all coming true!!!!!!!!!!! wheeeeeeeeeeeee!
Read more : yahoo, landed great coop job! | Views : 2311 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Daily Life

MTA and MS

Finally some researchers are starting to poke in the right direction, at least relative to my theory. Of course they are interpreting it in terms of immune system modulation. Just a shame they don't look at it from my view: as spermine synthase over-expression in the targeted brain cells following inactive X chromosome fragmentation. Spermine synthase is on the 2 X chromosomes in female cells but usually only one copy is expressed, from the active ...
Read more : MTA and MS | Views : 1348 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Opexa related info

This isn't specific to Opexa's MS vaccine trial, but it's good to see that they're getting positive results with their other studies.
    Opexa Announces Encouraging Clinical Data on Novel T-Cell Vaccination Therapy for Rheumatoid Arthritis

THE WOODLANDS, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:OPXA), a company involved in the development and commercialization of cell therapies, announced encouraging data from a clinical trial of 15 patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Published in Arthritis & Rheumatism (Vol. 56, No. ...
Read more : Opexa related info | Views : 1803 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220332 • Total topics 22806 • Total members 14390

Contact us | Terms of Service