It is currently Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:33 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

More T-reg cells not necessarily better

Boosting the number of regulatory T cells sounds like a good idea because it calms down excessive immune activity directed against the body's own tissue. However, this research suggests that because T-reg cells also recognise foreign invaders like viruses and bacteria, boosting their numbers could calm down the response to these things as well, which would be unwelcome,

Public release date: 14-Sep-2007

Read more : More T-reg cells not necessarily better | Views : 807 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

RFK's ABX Log

I just started the Wheldon protocol on September 2nd. I started with 2X100mg of doxy for one week (morning and evening) and did not have major reactions for the first five days. At the end of the frist week, I noticed increased brain fog and difficulty forming thoughts. On the 7th day, I took the first dose of azithro, at which point I had a worsening in many of my pre-existing symptoms, mainly, in my ...
Read more : RFK's ABX Log | Views : 5844 | Replies : 18 | Forum : Antibiotics

gene therapy without viruses

Sounds promising for all types of gene therapy, no specific mention of MS.

Gene Therapy without Viruses: A new, highly effective polymer may make gene therapy safer.

Katherine Bourzac - Technology Review - The promise of gene therapy has long been held up by the lack of a safe and effective way to insert the desired therapeutic genes into the right cells. To solve that problem, MIT researchers have developed a new polymer for gene ...
Read more : gene therapy without viruses | Views : 3107 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gene Therapy

gene therapy without viruses

Sounds promising for all types of gene therapy, no specific mention of MS.

Gene Therapy without Viruses: A new, highly effective polymer may make gene therapy safer.

Katherine Bourzac - Technology Review - The promise of gene therapy has long been held up by the lack of a safe and effective way to insert the desired therapeutic genes into the right cells. To solve that problem, MIT researchers have developed a new polymer for gene ...
Read more : gene therapy without viruses | Views : 2844 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gene Therapy

Sweet sleep...

Dear MS community-

Please advise on how to help my husband, recently dx last March. He has difficulty staying asleep, due to painful spasms at night. The baclofen prescribed isn't effective.

It seems as though there's a vicious cycle going on, related to interrupted sleep cycles, leading to fatigue the next day. He's just plain zonked all the time. Amantadine and ginseng and caffeine get him thru the day, and he falls asleep easily at ...
Read more : Sweet sleep... | Views : 4180 | Replies : 22 | Forum : General Discussion

ATL1102

The ATL1102 trial is progressing, although it's slightly behind schedule.

ATL1102 Phase IIa Multiple Sclerosis Trial Update

Company press release - Antisense Therapeutics is pleased to provide the following update on its ATL1102 Phase IIa Multiple Sclerosis (MS) clinical trial.

The Company is currently conducting this 80 patient trial to assess the safety and efficacy of ATL1102 in relapsing-remitting MS patients in Poland, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Romania, Slovak Republic and Germany. As previously reported the ...
Read more : ATL1102 | Views : 1144 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

ABC News Primetime Medical Mystery Spot

Hello all and we send our best. In the past, I posted about a TV special we were interviewed for that was supposed to initially air in January. The spot is ABC News Primetime Medical Mystery titled - Chronic Lyme Disease as it pertains to ALS and MSi.

Delays, delays and delays and it is already fall. My last update from the producer, as of 9/6/07, is the executive producer is waiting for the proper ...
Read more : ABC News Primetime Medical Mystery Spot | Views : 1796 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Antibiotics

Increasing disease activity after treatment stops

Public release date: 12-Sep-2007

ababb@aan.com
651-695-2789
American Academy of Neurology

Disease activity increases after MS patients stop drug
ST. PAUL, Minn. – People with multiple sclerosis who stop taking the drug natalizumab may experience a rebound increase in disease activity, according to a study published September 12, 2007, in the online edition of Neurology®, the medical journal ...

CoreControl Cooling Glove

Newish cooling glove that uses the hand's natural radiators to cool the bodys inner core. Case study on use with people with MS.

http://www.avacore.com/pdfs/CoreControl ... tudies.pdf

My company in New Zealand is distributing these for athlete use so it was interesting to see this development. Unfortunately the gloves are very expensive $US 1,995. They are working on a consumer model for the future though.
Read more : CoreControl Cooling Glove | Views : 1170 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 224946 • Total topics 23548 • Total members 14917

Contact us | Terms of Service