It is currently Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:42 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

6 months after Campath

Today was me & Jessica's 6 month check up. I scored 100% on the PASAT math test, and my vision is still awesome at 20/20 & 20/15.
This is the same as before Campath.
For the other neuro/reflexes, walking, and balance tests, I also scored about the same as before, my EDSS is 2.5
My left side is definately weaker as it always has been.

The EDSS might end up a little higher because I ...
Read more : 6 months after Campath | Views : 2721 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Macarthur Foundation fellow

One of the winners of a Macarthur grant is doing some interesting work with neural stem cells.

http://www.macfound.org/site/c.lkLXJ8MQKrH/b.4537291/

Sally Temple is a developmental neuroscientist who traces the mechanisms by which embryonic progenitor cells divide into highly specialized neurons and support cells.

Recently, Temple has shown that progenitor cells gradually lose their capacity to divide into cell types that normally form the earliest cortical layers; this effect can be ...
Read more : Macarthur Foundation fellow | Views : 1475 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

MRI'S

Iam sure this topic has been covered many times but I"am courious how offen a nuero will order an MRI for a patient. It has been 3 years for my wife seems like a long time to me. Thanks for any help
Read more : MRI'S | Views : 3107 | Replies : 18 | Forum : General Discussion

WCTRIMS & Cyclophosphamide

There were a couple of poster presentations for High Dose Cyclophosphamide at the MS conference in Canada...P22 and P522.

http://www.msmontreal.org/program/documents/CompletePosterSessions.pdf

I haven't seen any news or details from the presentations. Anyone know anything.

Cyclops
Read more : WCTRIMS & Cyclophosphamide | Views : 2370 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Why no Rituxan board?

Just wondering why there is no separate board for Rituxan in the treatment forums?

I just finished my second Rituxan infusion this past Friday, and I'd love to be able to compare notes with other patients receiving this treatment. It's being used more and more frequently off label, and would seem to warrant its own subgroup.

FYI, I'm PPMS, and have failed a myriad of other treatments. I had my first infusion of Rituxan on ...
Read more : Why no Rituxan board? | Views : 3371 | Replies : 24 | Forum : General Discussion

If cytoxan has been used for so long...

Last night, I started reading Howard Weiner's book, "Curing MS". In it, he writes about using cyclophosphamide in the early 80's with mixed results. Also, doing a web search, I came across this

<shortened url>

Notice the date - 1983
So, if doctors have been using this so long for MS, what's different about the Hopkins treatment?
Read more : If cytoxan has been used for so long... | Views : 2172 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Spinal Tap pre HiCy

As much as I was never wanting to have a spinal tap (so I didn't have one for my diagnosis as it wasn't necessary)...I almost wish I had because I'm curious as to if the results would be different post HiCy.

Any thoughts on this?

I guess I'll ask the folks at JH next month.... wish I had thought of it before though!

~Keri
Read more : Spinal Tap pre HiCy | Views : 1813 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Enzymes in progressive MS

Mayo Clinic Identifies Potential New Therapeutic Target for Progressive Multiple SclerosisTuesday, September 23, 2008

VIDEO ALERT: Additional audio and video resources, including excerpts from an interview with Dr. Scarisbrick describing the research, are available on the Mayo Clinic News Blog at: http://newsblog.mayoclinic.org/2008/09/ ... ic-target/.

A new Mayo Clinic study has found that two particular enzymes were elevated in patients with progressive multiple sclerosis (MS). The levels of these enzymes ...
Read more : Enzymes in progressive MS | Views : 1575 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Someone fluent in french

According to a discussion on AcceleratedCure.org this video should contain interesting information regarding remylination or regeneration in MS.
It would be nice if someone could be so kind to give a short abstract about its contet.

http://www.tsr.ch/tsr/index.html?siteSe ... id=9654363

Thanks
--Frank
Read more : Someone fluent in french | Views : 1689 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Ladies only

Have any of you ladies (with MS) experienced abnormal pap smears? I'm just curious if there might be any corrolation beween my repeated abnormals and MS? It seems like the list of symptoms just grow and grow, to where ANYTHING could be a result of the MONSTER DISEASE!!
Read more : Ladies only | Views : 2300 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233924 • Total topics 25125 • Total members 16304

Contact us | Terms of Service