It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:16 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Headaches and MS

I personally have suffered from bad headaches for most of my life which I always associated with sinus problems but I do/did have a brainstem lesion.

Multiple sclerosis seen associated with headache
Thu Dec 4, 2008 2:01am IST
NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Patients with multiple sclerosis are more apt to suffer from headaches than the general population, results of a study hint.

Multiple sclerosis, or MS, is a disease in which the immune system ...
Read more : Headaches and MS | Views : 3872 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

end of my FTY720 phase lll trial and beginning of ...

the extension phase.
This week was so packed with all kinds of appointments... :roll:
the eyes twice, the lungs, the heart, 2 neurologists, dermatologist, MRI, my work schedule... I skipped my wine course....it was too much....
That week was scary... but now, next week , I start the extension phase. They keep me under observation for 6 hrs again...
I will get either 1.25 mg or ...
Read more : end of my FTY720 phase lll trial and beginning of ... | Views : 2408 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Help!

Help! I'm really new to forums and need some help. I've started having bee sting therapy and want to know if it's right or wrong.

Any views woukd be appreciated.

Sarah
Read more : Help! | Views : 1411 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Bee Sting Therapy - anyone else do it?

Hello, I'm brand new on this forum, in fact brand new to forums. This is my first post.

I have secondary progressive MS having been diagnosed 15 years ago and am now, to all intents, paraplegic using an electic wheelchair for my mobility. (This is being typed by a carer.)

In August I started bee sting therapy which I had discovered as a result of my husband starting bee keeping - we read it on ...
Read more : Bee Sting Therapy - anyone else do it? | Views : 1670 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Natural Approach

Stem Cells in MS review

This medscape article authored by Karoussis and Kassis found here
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/563024_2
details the potential use of stem cells for MS. It discusses the different types of cells, studies that have been done, and the results. This paper is a REVIEW (IMHO the cadillac of papers- means somone looked extensively at a variety of other people's work on something) of cumulative research to date on the subject.

A logical treatment ...
Read more : Stem Cells in MS review | Views : 2436 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Stem Cells

Some good news

ITS A UTI ITS A UTI ITS A UTI

MRI is clear, no change from three months ago apart from the major lesion on her 'pons' continues to shrink.

Chaps, this news makes me so happy.
Read more : Some good news | Views : 2210 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

dad with MS

Hi Everyone,

My dad has MS so I have decided to base my third year Product Design Project around exercise and fitness for MS'ers. I have a quick and easy survey that i'd be really grateful if you would fill out for me.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=0 ... rSFA_3d_3d

Thanks for your help!

Sarah
Read more : dad with MS | Views : 1456 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Cladribine (Mylinax)

In Dignan's recent post on phase III trial end dates, he mentioned Cladribine. I talked with the nurse coordinator at the MS center near me and asked about this drug. The information I got is that that phase III trials are finishing next month (as Dignan indicated), and then they are moving into an open label extension. I got no information about the data from the trials (i.e. effectiveness).

The drug does have fast track ...
Read more : Cladribine (Mylinax) | Views : 1712 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Some good news

I have just saw the boys and Carrie and one lesion right now is no big deal.

In other cases they have seen the body pop off a couple of lesions, then it stops and seems to go dormant. They never have them again.

I am not showing anything but a bit more spasticity. My strength and dexterity was better but they all agree'd I was not ready for sedimentary work.

So my best ever ...
Read more : Some good news | Views : 1837 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Termination Appt. and What Did You Switch To

Hey gang,

I thought it would be interesting to have a topic where we post how the termination appointment went as well as what meds/treatment did you decide to switch to. My termination appointment is tomorrow so I will update you then.

Take care,
Mike
Read more : Termination Appt. and What Did You Switch To | Views : 13458 | Replies : 81 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235165 • Total topics 25381 • Total members 16587

Contact us | Terms of Service