It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:36 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Cyclosporin neuroprotection drugs

It doesn't specifically mention MS but it does mention neurodegenerative diseases once you get past the chemical warfare stuff.

December 14, 2006 12:58 PM Eastern Time

WRAIR and Maas BiolAB Manufacture Neuroprotective Cyclosporin Formula Mitogard®

SILVER SPRING, Md. & ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Maas BiolAB and the Pilot Bioproduction Facility (PBF) of the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) manufactured Mitogard®, a proprietary cyclosporin formulation. Mitogard® was shown by WRAIR researchers to be neuroprotective in models ...
Read more : Cyclosporin neuroprotection drugs | Views : 975 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Gratitude

Hello all,

I wanted to start a thread that talked about gratitude. We all come on here with research information and help on dealing with MS. This is so invaluable we can't quantify it. However, I would like to know how the hell everyone is doing ASIDE from the MS. One of our biggest challenges is to not get consumed and totally preoccupied and basically defined by this crap to the point where we aren't ...
Read more : Gratitude | Views : 1133 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Gratitude

Hello all,

I wanted to start a thread that talked about gratitude. We all come on here with research information and help on dealing with MS. This is so invaluable we can't quantify it. However, I would like to know how the hell everyone is doing ASIDE from the MS. One of our biggest challenges is to not get consumed and totally preoccupied and basically defined by this crap to the point where we aren't ...
Read more : Gratitude | Views : 882 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Tysabri Copay

I'm curious to know how much of a copay people are being charged for Tysabri. I remember when it originally came out people were being charged anywhere from $0 to $90 per infusion.

Thanks!
Katie
Read more : Tysabri Copay | Views : 2710 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Food allergies and the immune system

Here's an interesting article on food allergies and the immune system from American Scientist.

Why We Develop Food Allergies
Coached by breast milk and good bacteria, the immune system strives to learn the difference between food and pathogens before the first morsel crosses our lips

NHE
Read more : Food allergies and the immune system | Views : 3439 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Diet

Research

As usual the researchers come up with a half-baked conclusion.

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... ligod.html
Read more : Research | Views : 2605 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Statins

Response from MRF regarding Remyelination

Hi,

Thought i would share this info to other. I had mailed my question to MRF & got the response back from them. Please find below my question & the response from MRF

My Question:

As per my understanding, in people's with demyelinated CNS after a period of time scarring occurs on top of the demyelinated areas, Which I belive is called as "plauges".

During the remyelinating process developed by MRF, will this "scarred or ...
Read more : Response from MRF regarding Remyelination | Views : 1098 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

More good news for mice

Natural, soy-based substance might help fight MS, Jefferson neuroscientists find 12 December 2006

A natural substance made from soy appears to have amazing restorative powers when given to animals with a multiple sclerosis (MS)-like disease.
Using an animal model of MS, neurologists at Jefferson Medical College found that giving doses of a substance called Bowmann-Birk Inhibitor Concentrate (BBIC) dramatically improved the animals’ ability to move and walk. The scientists, led by A. M. Rostami, ...
Read more : More good news for mice | Views : 1485 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

new formulation rebif

Serono Announces Initiation of the Reflex Trial to Evaluate New Formulation of Rebif(R) in Patients at Risk of Developing Multiple Sclerosis 12 December 2006
First Trial Assessing Therapeutic Benefit of Two Different Dosage Regimens of Disease Modifying Therapy in People With First Clinical Symptoms Suggesting Multiple Sclerosis.
Serono announced today the initiation of a Phase III clinical trial to evaluate the effect of two dosage regimens of the new formulation of Rebif(R) (interferon beta-1a 44 ...
Read more : new formulation rebif | Views : 2125 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Rebif

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218763 • Total topics 22548 • Total members 14193