It is currently Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:19 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

trace elements and abdominal pain

now that i have discovered that my zinc is down, i reviewed some of my other vague and various issues in recent months. aside from the reappearance of the jimmylegs, i considered my three or four episodes of sharp, harsh, all-over abdomen pain. a quick search turned up the abstract below, but i really have only spent a couple of seconds on this so far:

Trace Elements in Human Health and Disease: An Update
The ...
Read more : trace elements and abdominal pain | Views : 1419 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Hidden pain??

This is probably going to be very confusing for most. I am confused beyond belief.

In the past couple days I've started urinating like I used to be able to. Every time it all comes out. Every single time.

Aside from this wonderous miracle, I feel like I have icy hot in my urethra, all the way to my rectum It does NOT hurt when I urinate (and I did go for a UA, last ...
Read more : Hidden pain?? | Views : 1524 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Yay!! I don't have MS...I think?!?

Hi everyone- just an update. The new neuro at Mayo, in reviewing the 12 vials of blood taken for the myriad of tests she ran, combined with the MRI of brain, spine (thoracic and cervical) and the opthamalogist's tests have concluded that I don't have MS. So, was I misdiagnosed 10 years and countless meds earlier? She said my body could have cured itself, or the meds could have cured me, but that she was ...
Read more : Yay!! I don't have MS...I think?!? | Views : 4487 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General Discussion

Scientists use cells to grow beating heart

The researchers took dead animal hearts and stripped them of everything except the blood vessels, valves and connective tissue. These scaffolds were then seeded with cells from newborn and foetal rat hearts and, after four days of growth, the organs started to contract. Within eight days, the hearts were beating.
Not nerve cells in particular, but another step forward
Read more : Scientists use cells to grow beating heart | Views : 1458 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

IV Vitamins, anyone?

I was curious to find out if any of you had done any IV drips of vitamins. My wife was diagnosed back in 1990 and has had most of the symptoms I have seen on this forum. About 5 years ago, she literally exercised herself into complete numbness from her chest down. She couldn't feel her feet or walk for about a month, and we were really unsure of what to do. She had never ...
Read more : IV Vitamins, anyone? | Views : 2659 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Natural Approach

How are the antibiotics working for you?
Read more : gwa | Views : 2356 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Antibiotics

Hotest MS Medical Topic?

Now that we are well into 2008, I was wondering what people thought is the hotest topic now in MS? I.E. the MS medical news that will be big in 2008? Where are we headed in 2008 with MS research? Lots of questions, few answers from me.
Read more : Hotest MS Medical Topic? | Views : 4224 | Replies : 22 | Forum : General Discussion

The earlier the better

It's me again! It's seems that with all therapies coming up now, the fact seems to be: the earlier the treatment, the better the outcome.

On the other hand lots of doctors hesitate to go for the heavier stuff when MS is early and "mild" or want first to try some established therapies. Often valuable time is wasted that way. What makes me angry is, that scientists tend to say "as early as possible" ...
Read more : The earlier the better | Views : 5520 | Replies : 22 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

LDN study at UCSC ... when will results be out?

I know that the study has finished. Does anybody know when they will publish? Any inside word on the trial findings?
Read more : LDN study at UCSC ... when will results be out? | Views : 2703 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Login  •  Register

Total posts 227601 • Total topics 24030 • Total members 15391

Contact us | Terms of Service