It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:59 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

FYI- coming soon

Yahoo!My Yahoo!Mail Make Y! your home pageYahoo! SearchSearch:Welcome, retired_at_40_01
Finance Home -Help

Home InvestingMarket OverviewMarket StatsStocksMutual FundsETFsBondsOptionsIndustriesCurrencyEducationNews & OpinionMarketsInvesting IdeasExpert AdviceSpecial EditionsCompany FinancesProvidersPersonal FinanceBanking & BudgetingCareer & WorkCollege & EducationFamily & HomeInsuranceLoansReal EstateRetirementTaxesHow-to GuidesGet QuotesSymbol LookupFinance Search New! Find Quotes Faster
You no longer need to remember symbols. Simply type in a company name or stock symbol for instant results.

Learn more... Close x 7811759

Press Release Source: Geron Corporation

Data Show ...
Read more : FYI- coming soon | Views : 1488 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Depression and MS

Hi All

I was just wondering if anyone is taking an antidepressant for MS symptoms. If so do you find it helps to cope better. I am feeling overwhelmed by my symptoms at the moment and I am considering asking my doctor for something. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Read more : Depression and MS | Views : 3293 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Discussion

laquinimod and BG00012

A couple of oral drugs with already announced phase 3 trials have commenced enrollment. Of the oral drugs that have started enrolling phase 3 trials, the order of expected finish, from first to last, is: mylinax, teriflunomide, FTY720, BG00012, laquinimod.

Initiation of Enrollment in Pivotal Phase III Clinical Study of Oral Laquinimod for Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis

Teva and Active Biotech announced today the initiation of enrollment in the Allegro trial (assessment of oral laquinimod in ...
Read more : laquinimod and BG00012 | Views : 2941 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Astrazeneca sucks

It's never good to see a company abandoning the development of new MS treatments. Astrazeneca doesn't have anything in advanced clinical trials at least. I take their announcement to mean they won't be trying to find new things, but the drugs they're already testing will continue. Time will tell.

AstraZeneca CEO hacks at pipeline to up profits

07/11/2007 - AstraZeneca's CEO has said the company will stop research in a number of diseases as it ...
Read more : Astrazeneca sucks | Views : 1390 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

ATX-MS-1476 vaccine by Apitope

Apitope vaccine stops MS in its tracks

By Mike Nagle

06/11/2007 - UK biopharmaceutical firm Apitope has developed a vaccine that could halt multiple sclerosis in its relentless march to destroy nerve cells.

The drug, called ATX-MS-1467, has now been tested in humans for the first time - in six Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (SPMS) patients in a Phase I/IIa trial - and the results so far are encouraging. No safety issues have been unearthed ...
Read more : ATX-MS-1476 vaccine by Apitope | Views : 2374 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Nose bleeds

I was just wondering if anyone has had spontaneous nose bleeds while on Avonex. Its been 3 months on avonex and in the past 2 weeks I have had spontaneous nose bleeds. Not regular nose bleeds, but ones that flow at a high rate and for a long time (3 to 5 minutes). 2 weeks ago while eating supper I had to go and take care of this inconvenience, and today while a client was ...
Read more : Nose bleeds | Views : 5769 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Avonex

Finally diagnosed...

Well yesterday at the second neurologist I was finally diagnosed with MS. Since I feel so good(other than my mostly healed optic neuritis in my left eye) I'm really not super upset or worried. They want me to go on either rebif or beta seron, depending on what my insurance covers. I was wondering if I should opt out and participate in the oral beta seron trial. I know I stand the risk of getting ...
Read more : Finally diagnosed... | Views : 3007 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

Parasites

I can't remember if this has been posted before. For anybody interested in parasites and how they might be relevant to MS, this publication might be interesting...

http://www.neura.net/images/pdf/Neura_V7I3_Main.pdf
Read more : Parasites | Views : 1392 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Newbie here & at the end of my rope!!!

Hi everyone! I have been struggling for over a year with all kinds of weird symptoms, and finally saw the neuro today. He says I "might" have ms, but more tests are needed. Enough with the tests already!!! My MRI shows 25 lesions located in the periventricular white matter in the subcortical region, and all blood work is normal. My symptoms are as follows: severe ear pain with face numbness, weak right arm, chronically tired, ...
Read more : Newbie here & at the end of my rope!!! | Views : 2587 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Anyone using enzymes? Lumbrokinase? Serrapeptase? Nattokina

I started using one enzyme, a fibrinolytic, called lumbrokinase about a month ago and 2 weeks later added serrapeptase, a proteolytic and fibrinolytic. Since adding the serrapeptase my symptoms have felt rather worse although a new symptom, twitching finger, has almost stopped. I'm imagining that these enzymes are munching through the debris around my lesions but of course they might not be doing anything at all and it could just be the MS playing havoc ...
Read more : Anyone using enzymes? Lumbrokinase? Serrapeptase? Nattokina | Views : 2661 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Natural Approach

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 226285 • Total topics 23800 • Total members 15102

Contact us | Terms of Service