It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:50 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

25-foot walk rules question, is jogging allowed?

So here's the shocker of the week.

Last night Kim "reacted" to my racing around before bed (turning off the lights and locking the doors, etc.) by racing me to the stairs. Kim was just trying to be faster than me, but without thinking about it, she ran. I saw her run. You could call it a light jog, but for the briefest of moments, she was completely airborne!

I looked at her in shock ...
Read more : 25-foot walk rules question, is jogging allowed? | Views : 1812 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Symptoms there for good?

Hi! This is only my second post here. I posted earlier today in the Introduction section.

I have been diagnosed with MS in June this year, and I've had tingling in my hands for months (about 6 or 7) and stiffness in my left leg for a month now.

I started taking Rebif 3 months ago, and since I have started it, that's when I got my lastest relapse (the leg stiffness). It has gotten ...
Read more : Symptoms there for good? | Views : 1694 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Hi from Quebec, Canada

Hi! I'm 29 years old. I was diagnosed with MS late June this year, after going through several tests and an MRI. What started the tests is that since January I had tingling that started on my legs, then went to my hands. I still have the tingling in my hands (especially the right one), and for the past month, I've had stifness in my left leg, which seems to have gotten worse this week. ...
Read more : Hi from Quebec, Canada | Views : 1681 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Introductions

Oral Chemo using Cyclophosphamide

Not really an option right now, but I would be surprised if some Dr in the world does not try this path for MS, if IV HyCy proves itself effective.

http://www.oralchemo.org/portal/eipf/pb/oralchemo/en/oralcyclophosphamide

I also noticed the small Roche emblem in the bottom left of the page. Clicking to other pages makes it clear the site was clearly created / maintained by Roche.
Read more : Oral Chemo using Cyclophosphamide | Views : 1807 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Stopped copaxone

Since I started copaxone I have been battling my weight. Gaining despite dieting etc. Plus I got pregnant whilst on copaxone but ost the baby last month - I don't know if the 2 are linked. Ultimately though i made the decision to come off copaxone and my neuro says he's ok with it. We're going to try and start a family now, something we had put on hold.

I'll see how life without copaxone ...
Read more : Stopped copaxone | Views : 2274 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Copaxone

LDN and Alcohol

We finally got the Dr. to let us try LDN will start as soon as we get it. We have one question Barb likes to have a glass or two of wine from time to time I have read that small amounts of alcohol is ok but the pharmacy told us no anyone have any thoughts on this. Thank you Rick
Read more : LDN and Alcohol | Views : 3091 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Food Allergies

I have just been diagnosed with an allergy to eggs, seriously eggs!? I eat a lot of eggs. Studying this I have learned of the immune response related to it and as I was reading that info it sounded like I was reading MS 101. Maybe it's time for a food allergy poll. By the way, I have also discovered there is egg in certain vaccines and I have always been suspicious of a battery ...
Read more : Food Allergies | Views : 1707 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Natural Approach

Hey!

New here, though not really, I've been reading for years.

I am a 43 year old wife and mom of 2, diagnosed in '04 with benign RRMS. My first symptom however was in 1988 with numbness that lasted about 4 months, saw a neuro at that time but was never diagnosed. More of a wait and see.

Fast forward 16 years later and same symptom crops up again, had MRI and was diagnosed. Had one ...
Read more : Hey! | Views : 1473 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Meditation/Prayer

I have found that I feel much better and at ease when I take the time to catch my breath and just stop for a minute. I believe some people use this time and call it by different names. Prayer,meditation etc....
all the great religions, at their core, espouse essentially the same truth, clothed merely in different modes of expression. This is just MY belief.
Slow down and breath. let some of your bad feelings ...
Read more : Meditation/Prayer | Views : 3762 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Mental & Spiritual Health

How do you tell friends you have MS?

Ok, here's the story. I'm going hiking, which is something I usually do, but this weekend I'm going with friends and for multiple days(so camping as well). I don't want someone to see my copaxone and think I'm shooting up heroin or something and I'm just assuming it would be better if I let them know. Makes it a bit more complicated since there is potential romantic interest there as well. Maybe I shouldn't say ...
Read more : How do you tell friends you have MS? | Views : 3288 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 234286 • Total topics 25195 • Total members 16413

Contact us | Terms of Service