It is currently Thu May 28, 2015 3:13 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

LDN Conference, 20 October. Anyone here, attending? SammyJo?

I wish that I could: http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/events.htm

I spoke with Dr. Skip Lenz, months ago, about it. Asked him if those of us who are on both an antibiotic protocol and LDN will be discussed. He told me it will, at least, be mentioned. The myth that it is not safe to take antibiotics and LDN, at the same time, sure needs to be addressed!

--Minai
Read more : LDN Conference, 20 October. Anyone here, attending? SammyJo? | Views : 2688 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Medications

Hi,

I was on Rebif for 2 months, but was taken off because of allergic reaction. 1 month later I started Copaxone, but was allergic to that too.

I saw an allergist and my Neuro, no one knows what to do for me next. Apparently Mannitol is in all of the CRAB's and that's what I seem to be allergic to.

Has anyone ever heard allergies to all meds? Do you have any recommendations?

Any ...
Read more : Medications | Views : 1576 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Employment Issues and Insurance Issues

I am new, but am I missing a heading for these? My wife is the one newly diagnosed and we have a lot of questions and need lots of advice. Thanks!
Read more : Employment Issues and Insurance Issues | Views : 2015 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Big pharma gets involved with stem cells, UK

The pharmaceutical industry on Tuesday announced its first direct involvement in research using human embryonic stem cells.

Three companies have set up a consortium with the government to develop stem cells for safety testing of new drugs through a public-private partnership. The launch of Stem Cells for Safer Medicines, or SC4SM, is significant because “big pharma” has been reluctant to engage in embryonic stem cell research.

Companies fear the reaction in markets such as the ...
Read more : Big pharma gets involved with stem cells, UK | Views : 1466 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Study finds little difference in Copaxone v Rebif trial

Merck KGaA's Rebif multiple-sclerosis drug is not superior to rival Teva's Copaxone, a study obtained by Reuters on Wednesday showed.
"The number of events (relapses) was insufficient to establish a statistically significant difference between the two products, despite a trend advantage for Rebif," the report said.

The 96-week Phase IV study involving almost 800 patients will be presented at the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS) in Prague.

Merck inherited Rebif ...
Read more : Study finds little difference in Copaxone v Rebif trial | Views : 2269 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Copaxone

need some help plz

i go to the dr on fri
i was not have had any reaction from the abx unless i have bacteria right
Read more : need some help plz | Views : 2277 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Antibiotics

Rebif vs Copaxone

I wouldn't say this qualifies as big news, but if anybody is trying to make a choice right now...

Merck KGaA's Rebif, Teva's Copaxone similar-study

Oct 10 (Reuters) - Merck's Rebif multiple-sclerosis drug is not superior to rival Teva's Copaxone, a study obtained by Reuters on Wednesday showed.

"The number of events (relapses) was insufficient to establish a statistically significant difference between the two products, despite a trend advantage for Rebif," the report said.

The ...
Read more : Rebif vs Copaxone | Views : 2772 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Genes that affect reponses of MS to Copaxone

Israeli scientists identify: Genes that Affect Responses of Multiple Sclerosis Patients to Copaxone®

http://80.70.129.162/site/en/weizman.as ... oc_id=4890

A group of Israeli scientists from the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, the Weizmann Institute of Science and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries have recently identified genes responsible for the positive response of many multiple sclerosis patients to the drug Copaxone®. These findings may contribute to the development of personalized medicine for multiple sclerosis ...
Read more : Genes that affect reponses of MS to Copaxone | Views : 2067 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Copaxone

European Committee for Treatment and Research in MS

FYI...this conference is meeting this week...I've seen a few tidbits online re: some of the studies, but haven't seen much

TOL
Read more : European Committee for Treatment and Research in MS | Views : 1356 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

MRI time lapse of MS (and other) brains

never noticed this mri site before. it's an ms brain. or if you just go back as far as aanlib in the URL you can see all the other kinds of brain mris they have. on the ms brain (with tour) - that's the link below - if you find the right vertical slice, then you can move along the timeline from left to right and watch for changes. here and there there's some explanation ...
Read more : MRI time lapse of MS (and other) brains | Views : 1272 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 225643 • Total topics 23667 • Total members 15021

Contact us | Terms of Service