It is currently Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:22 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

How diffuse hypoxia of the brain changes a person...

Increasingly, elaboration of inflammatory cytokines appears key to the brain-based response to hypoxia, as evidenced by the biobehaviors of malaise, fatigue, lethargy, and loss of interest in the physical and social environment. These sickness symptoms implicate hypoxia-dependent activation of the neuroimmune system as a key component of acute hypoxia.

I've mentioned before that Jeff's first signs of his MS progression- which began 15 years ago, although he ...

Neck Feedback desired

Since I had felt a little better and then promptly overdid it, I want some feedback from the others who have gotten through all of the surgery after stuff. I have a little different type of 'feeling' in it now and wanted to check it out with you all. I can turn my head fully now and it doesn't hurt at all. I've been driving and everything. Well it now feels very focused on ...
Read more : Neck Feedback desired | Views : 4214 | Replies : 26 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Question on "atypical" MS

I had been reading a lot about MS for about a year before I was recently diagnosed. Had read about the stages as well as other demyelinating diseases and the similar conditions possible in a misdiagnosis. Certainly not claiming to be familiar with them all though. But this "atypical" thing has me at a bit of a loss.

This spring, six months out from a craniotomy for a benign brain tumor, I had my third ...
Read more : Question on "atypical" MS | Views : 2159 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Spoke to Alex today in Dr. Dake's office

I spoke to Alex today, Dr. Dake's assistant. I am sending my history and MRI's to Dr. Dake tomorrow. Alex told me she doesn't work on Friday but when she came back on Monday she had 25 voice mails waiting for her regarding this procedure.

I mentioned CCSVI to my GP (internist) today and she was extremely excited about it. She asked me to email her some information. I'm assuming I should send the top ...

Extensive mixed vascular malformation clinically imitatingMS

"In the literature, there have been several re- ports of vaseular malformations that run a long insidious course and simulated multiple sclerosis .

However, in most published case reports, vaseular malformations were homo- genous and monofoeal.

We would like to demonstrate a case with fluctuating progres- sive neurological deficit and multiple differ- ent vascular malfonnations involving cere- brum, brain stem, cerebellum, spinal cord ...

notes and neurons....

The World Science Festival June 2009
Bobby McFerrin (brilliant singer/conductor/composer)
demonstrates the power and universality of the pentatonic scale

Read more : notes and neurons.... | Views : 1724 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Daily Life

anti- inflammatory?

Are antibiotics an anti- inflammatory?
Read more : anti- inflammatory? | Views : 4768 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Antibiotics

Explaining ms to children

My daughter is 3 1/2. While I've tried to explain my condition, she doesn't quite understand. The other day, she told me that I needed to learn how to walk like her! I was devastated. I know it is not her fault, but I need to find a way to help her understand. Not to mention, there are handicapped children in her pre-school. thanks.
Read more : Explaining ms to children | Views : 4560 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Friends and Family

New to the forum

My name is Kay and I'm a 28 yo f, married, from Massachusetts. I have 3 cats, much to the dismay of my husband. I was diagnosed with MS in June 2008 and have been injecting Rebif since.

I've had ongoing sensory and gait problems since July of last year. I had 3 days of IVSM in August, October, and February. My symptoms subsided after the 1st 2 treatments only to return a couple months ...
Read more : New to the forum | Views : 3366 | Replies : 26 | Forum : Introductions

Kitty Treadmill

i dedicate this to Catfreak...No animals were harmed or humliated
Read more : Kitty Treadmill | Views : 1724 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Humor

Login  •  Register

Total posts 242523 • Total topics 26594 • Total members 17767

Contact us | Terms of Service