It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:54 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

for amelia - interesting paper on Devic's vs. MS

If someone has posted this elsewhere, please forgive.

amelia has got me very interested in Devic's. Here is a recent paper on Devic's vs MS and aquaporin-4.

: Acta Neuropathol (Berl). 2006 Dec 2; Links
Absence of aquaporin-4 expression in lesions of neuromyelitis optica but increased expression in multiple sclerosis lesions and normal-appearing white matter.Sinclair C, Kirk J, Herron B, Fitzgerald U, McQuaid S.
Neuropathology Laboratory, Institute of Pathology, Royal ...
Read more : for amelia - interesting paper on Devic's vs. MS | Views : 871 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

HHV6

A bit of an update of progress in HHV6 research.

Highlights from 5th International Conference on HHV-6 and -7.

Herpes. 2006 Nov;13(3):81-2.
Komaroff A, Jacobson S, Ablashi V, Yamanishi K.
Harvard MEdical School, Boston, MA, USA.

This article reports on key presentations at the 5th International Conference on Human Herpesvirus (HHV)-6 and -7, organized by the HHV-6 Foundation. New assays for HHV-6 and -7 promise to be more accurate and better able to distinguish between ...
Read more : HHV6 | Views : 754 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

MS Society Research Summary 2006

A little PR summary of MS research from the NMSS.

2006 - A Very Good Year in MS Research

Dec. 7 -- PRNewswire -- During 2006, rapid research progress was made in the fields of science and medicine that impact understanding and treatment of multiple sclerosis, an unpredictable neurological disease. The National MS Society invested over $42 million this year to support more than 350 new and ongoing MS research projects as part of its ...
Read more : MS Society Research Summary 2006 | Views : 1231 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Molecule Linked To Autoimmune Disease Relapses Identified...

Molecule Linked To Autoimmune Disease Relapses Identified At Stanford

The ebb and flow of such autoimmune diseases as multiple sclerosis, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis has long been a perplexing mystery. But new findings from the Stanford University School of Medicine bring scientists closer to solving the puzzle, identifying a molecule that appears to play a central role in relapses.

The study, to be published in the Dec. 3 advance online edition of Nature Immunology, lays ...
Read more : Molecule Linked To Autoimmune Disease Relapses Identified... | Views : 759 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Tovaxin - important update on injection site reaction

Hi to all,

I have corrected a posting on my site http://www.ihavems.com concerning my having an injection site reaction. There is a quick link at the top of the site to the information. I have read numerous posts about looking forward to seeing an injection site reaction, and this may act as a reverse placebo effect. If a patient does not see an injection site reaction, they may believe ...
Read more : Tovaxin - important update on injection site reaction | Views : 1105 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Tovaxin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs

Hi to All,

This something everyone in the Tovaxin study should be aware of.

Best regards, Tim

Reported November 30, 2006
Vaccines & Painkillers Don't Mix
(Ivanhoe Newswire) -- The first thing many people do after getting a vaccination is reach for a painkiller to ward off common reactions like fever or pain at the site of the injection.
That's the wrong thing to do, according to University of Rochester researchers who studied the effects ...
Read more : Tovaxin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs | Views : 1841 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Bromley is back

Ian

I see that you are online. Tell us everything about your experience in the trial.

gwa :D
Read more : Bromley is back | Views : 2293 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218669 • Total topics 22532 • Total members 14180