It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:20 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Nice to find you, & this site

Hi, Everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is "Fern" and I've had benign MS for 22 years now. Been on Copaxone since 2000.

I hope to make a positive contribution to these forums.
Read more : Nice to find you, & this site | Views : 1587 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

notifying the moderator

Hi,

I was wondering if one could flag a particular post to be evaluated by the moderators. I mention this as I see someone else has posted something inappropriate.

Thanks.
Read more : notifying the moderator | Views : 3155 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Suggestions

Different perspective on cause of MS

Here's a researcher after the hearts and minds of ThisIsMS. I've never heard of this way of looking at MS before, and I'm not convinced, but it's good that some researchers are being more creative.

A possible cause and corresponding treatment for inflammatory, auto-immune or auto-aggressive diseases.

Med Hypotheses. 2007 Feb 20;
Gracia MC.
C/ Lopez de Aranda 35, 28027 Madrid, Spain.

This article develops the idea that many inflammatory, auto-immune ...
Read more : Different perspective on cause of MS | Views : 2822 | Replies : 18 | Forum : General Discussion

Grey matter involvement

Gray matter involvement in multiple sclerosis 27 February 2007
Istvan Pirko, MD, Claudia F. Lucchinetti, MD, Subramaniam Sriram, MD and Rohit Bakshi, MD

From the Department of Neurology (I.P.), University of Cincinnati, OH; Department of Neurology (C.F.L.), Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN; Department of Neurology (S.S.), Vanderbilt Medical Center, Nashville, TN; and Departments of Neurology and Radiology (R.B.), Partners MS Center, Center for Neurological Imaging, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, ...
Read more : Grey matter involvement | Views : 1188 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Solumedrol

I need to understand this whole solumedrol thing. I am having my first major exacerbation in almost 5 years since my diagnosis. I realize how lucky I am that I have not had to have Solumedrol since thie first go round. I blame it on my being not so lucky as to having to have had 3 surgeries in 2006, with the last being this past November. I believe that is what triggered this flare. ...
Read more : Solumedrol | Views : 3846 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Discussion

Intro

Hello all. I been visiting thisisms.com for a while and have posted a few times. This is my preferred forums to lurk at. I'm a 26 year old male who lives in Portland, OR. I moved to Portland from Vegas 3 years ago. I work full time still and take classes part time. I'm coordinating a team for this years MS Walk in Portland as well.

I was diagnosed with MS in the fall of ...
Read more : Intro | Views : 1434 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Australian Fellowship

It's always good to hear about new projects starting up in MS research, even if they are only just beginning the fund raising. If MS costs Australia $600 million a year, I can't understand why governments don't pump more money into some of the avenues of research which look promising, but which don't appeal to the big companies because they see little or no profit. Even if you only look at the financial cost, and ...
Read more : Australian Fellowship | Views : 1008 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Multiple action of Glatiramer Acetate

This abstract briefly describes three methods of action for GA. The mention of, "reinnervation of the lesion", made me sit up -- I didn't think that regrowing nerves inside a lesion was possible.

CLICKFORABSTRACT

Dom.
Read more : Multiple action of Glatiramer Acetate | Views : 1685 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

newest memeber :) Please Read

Hello Everyone.

I am a 22 year old male from Toronto Ontario newly diagnosed in June of last year (2006). With no family history of MS it just hit me out of the blue. It started with a tingling sensation in my left hand. Doctors said it was just a pinched nerve and it will go away. About a month later the numbness was still present and started in my right hand. Shortly after that ...
Read more : newest memeber :) Please Read | Views : 4278 | Replies : 23 | Forum : Introductions

cannabis-based medicine in spasticity

I don't think this one has been submitted yet. From the March 2007 European Journal of Neurology.

Randomized controlled trial of cannabis-based medicine in spasticity caused by multiple sclerosis

* C. CollinaaDepartment of Neurorehabilitation, Royal Berkshire and Battle NHS Trust, Reading, UK,
* P. DaviesbbDepartment of Neurology, Northampton General Hospital, Northampton, UK,
* I. K. MutibokoccTrial-Link Ltd, Bexhill-on-Sea, UK,
* S. RatcliffeddBarts Pain Research Group, Barts and The London NHS Trust, London, UK
* for ...
Read more : cannabis-based medicine in spasticity | Views : 3935 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Sativex

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220834 • Total topics 22887 • Total members 14451

Contact us | Terms of Service