It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:21 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

I eliminated my post

I eliminated my post
Read more : I eliminated my post | Views : 6658 | Replies : 51 | Forum : General Discussion

Hi!

Hi to everybody here!

I've read a few threads on this board now and then over the years but never got around to joining.

I already belong to several MS message boards, and I've been on them for 5 or 6 years.

This place looks nice, and I hope to take part in some discussions here.

I was diagnosed with SPMS many years ago. I was on Avonex for 3 years but had to stop ...
Read more : Hi! | Views : 2148 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Introductions

power plate

Has anyone ever tried the Power Plate? No, it doesn't involve food, and yes, Madonna uses it too; bit beyond that, a dr recently told me that he recommends it to a lot of pts, esp. people with MS-- it' supposed to get to all sorts of muscles that are normally difficult to target, improve flexibility, help circulation etc. The home version is ridiculously expensive; the commercial version is available in some gyms (none near ...
Read more : power plate | Views : 6813 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Exercise and Physical Therapy

Botox for the bladder anyone had it done?

Gary is thinking about having the botox injections to the spchinter of the bladder. Currently he is self cathing to go all the time, but has feeling of how much, when he has to go, etc. He just can't GO. We have tried ALL of the bladder drugs with no response. I have read many good abstracts on this treatment and the option has been brought up by his neuro and uro. I would love ...
Read more : Botox for the bladder anyone had it done? | Views : 1716 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

work at last!

wahooooooooo! finally the temperature dropped enough for me to work! the hill opens on saturday! i can't believe after all the 2006 crap that i am still employed as a ski instructor in 2007. haha, nature is still trying to keep me off snow but NO LONGER!
Read more : work at last! | Views : 2695 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Daily Life

Two stories from Scotland

Two stories from Scotland:

(i) Positive story regarding stem cells.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edi ... 250997.stm

(ii) A sad story, which shows how cruel this disease can be.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/nor ... 251287.stm

Ian
Read more : Two stories from Scotland | Views : 978 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Stem cells, cancer and epigenetics

Interesting research...

New study supports a stem cell origin of cancer

Researchers at the University of Southern California (USC) recently made significant strides toward settling a decades-old debate centering on the role played by stem cells in cancer development.

According to the study's findings, which appear in an upcoming issue of Nature Genetics and now available online, genes that are reversibly repressed in embryonic stem cells are over-represented among genes that are permanently silenced in ...
Read more : Stem cells, cancer and epigenetics | Views : 1356 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

how much are you paying for Tysabri?

My friend is DESPERATELY trying to get his Ty. Been approved by TOUCH, but has a $%&**^%$ Neuro, in my opinion. A long story, but I will condense. He dropped his Medicare supplement because of price. Had to get it back because Neuro wouldn't consider Ty without it. Now, after MUCH run around, the place that would take his Medicare Part B and the Blue Cross Blue Shield Supplement, wants $500.00 up front each visit. ...
Read more : how much are you paying for Tysabri? | Views : 2226 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

MS linked to Mono

http://www.reutershealth.com/en/index.html

Last Updated: 2007-01-09 15:20:40 -0400 (Reuters Health)

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Individuals who have had infectious mononucleosis have an increased risk of developing
multiple sclerosis (MS), even 30 years after infection, according to findings published in the Archives of Neurology.

While "mono" has been linked with MS before, "little is known about the characteristics of this association,"
write Dr. Trine Rasmussen Nielsen, of Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, ...
Read more : MS linked to Mono | Views : 3216 | Replies : 23 | Forum : General Discussion

Brief Campath update

A blurb about Campath from a Genzyme press release today:

Following an encouraging meeting with the FDA in November, Genzyme expects to initiate during the first half of this year a phase 3 study of alemtuzumab (Campath) for the treatment of relapsing/remitting multiple sclerosis. The company is currently developing the study protocol to submit to the agency for review. Two-year results from a pre-planned interim analysis of the three-year phase 2 study were released in ...
Read more : Brief Campath update | Views : 1350 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219621 • Total topics 22672 • Total members 14285

Contact us | Terms of Service