It is currently Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:36 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Genteics, again.....

Have received quite devastating news – my 1st husband has just been diagnosed with PPMS which I have had for four years. We married in 1974, had two children (’79 & 80) then stupidly split up around 1984. We are still friends and he is looking to me for advice but I just don’t know how to help him - he is in England and I'm in a w'chair living alone in Spain - I ...
Read more : Genteics, again..... | Views : 1497 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

My reduced symptoms since HiCy!

Well, I admit - when I would read other people's accounts of how they noticed symptom reduction so soon after receiving the treatment, I was skeptical.

I guess I should have egg on my face now! 8O

So far, I have noticed the following:

- I'm walking much better - no cane. (my balance is better)

- I am able to use the bathroom more (might be ...
Read more : My reduced symptoms since HiCy! | Views : 2470 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

MS Genetics study for Orkney and Shetland Island residents

"These islands have some of the highest rates of MS in the world and are less complex genetically than urban populations, which is an advantage for finding genes.
The two-year project aims to collect DNA samples from all willing patients and a set of controls, who do not have the disease.
A genome-wide scan will be performed using hundreds of thousands of DNA markers.
The data will then be analysed using homozygosity mapping, a powerful ...
Read more : MS Genetics study for Orkney and Shetland Island residents | Views : 1412 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

just a thought

okay so my b day is this weekend..and for a present i am going to the dr again for my check up so they can look everything over and say yep you need to have another mri and some more blood work and we really should do another battery of exams to check out for the seizures i have had in the past and for the leasions thing...i know they have to do that kind ...
Read more : just a thought | Views : 1695 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

fingolimod

Hallo to all....

Today I have been looking for something on net, and I found an article about fingolimod, so here is link...

http://www.webmd.com/multiple-sclerosis ... fingolimod

Have a nice day :wink:
Anita
Read more : fingolimod | Views : 1307 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Natural Approach

The Lyme Disease Solution

The Lyme Disease Solution
By Kenneth B. Singleton M.D., M.P.H.

I am about half way through this book, because I am in an "endemic" area for Lyme Disease at the moment.....but apparently, it's not just in the New England area. And the bacteria was first discovered in 1883 in Germany.....hmmmmmm. I have learned a lot from this book and I think the author's treatment for Lyme's could be useful for any sick person.....he emphasizes strengthening ...
Read more : The Lyme Disease Solution | Views : 3269 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Reading Nook

show broadcast about MS

After an article about JK Rowling and her feelings, that MS does not get enough attention, the BBC added the announcement:
Scotland's Hidden Epidemic: The truth about MS, will be broadcast on Wednesday 23 July, on BBC One Scotland at 2245 BST.

So, it's only available on BBC Scotland at 10:45pm....that should draw a large audience :roll:
Read more : show broadcast about MS | Views : 1866 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

A wish child gives back

"Don't hope for things to go wrong, but when they do, don't waste your pain. Use it to carry you upward and onward to better, brighter things."

http://www.lessonsfromawishchild.com

This book is for anyone who is facing difficult times, in need of a dose of courage, or struggling to find meaning in their day-to-day existence.

My friend wrote this book. She started at age 11 and is now 16. It ...
Read more : A wish child gives back | Views : 2981 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Mental & Spiritual Health

News from Opexa

Opexa Conducts Additional Analysis on Phase I/II Extension Study with Tovaxin(R) for Multiple Sclerosis

As of 9:30 AM ET 7/22/08
Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:OPXA), a company leading in the development of cell therapies for multiple sclerosis (MS) and diabetes, has completed an internal assessment of data from its Phase I/II two year extension study with Tovaxin in patients with MS. While confirming the favorable safety and efficacy profile of Tovaxin, further analysis also confirms both ...
Read more : News from Opexa | Views : 4556 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232913 • Total topics 24940 • Total members 16075

Contact us | Terms of Service