It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:32 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Lamotrigine

This is for you MUU, to cheer you up on a Monday.

Don't forget our romantic lunch - I'll e-mail you some dates.

Ian

http://www.acceleratedcure.org:8080/node/2481
Read more : Lamotrigine | Views : 807 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Spice up your health

Spice up your health
Dashes of herbs and spices like turmeric and oregano may rev more than just your taste buds
Naturopathic doctor Robert Pearman holds fresh garlic, ginger and baby dill. Use fresh spices when possible for health effects, suggests Pearman, since dried ones lose their potency over time.
Photograph by : John Lucas/CanWest News Service

Published: Thursday, February 01, 2007
EDMONTON -- Thyme for some sage advice on how to spice up your ...
Read more : Spice up your health | Views : 2230 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Diet

Robbie some more on statins

Statins: the truth
JEROME BURNE - More by this author »

Last updated at 22:00pm on 29th January 2007

Those who are taking statins to lower their cholesterol may well be confused about whether it is worth it and how safe they are.

Last week an article in the medical journal The Lancet claimed the drugs don't benefit women or elderly men if they don't have a cardiovascular problem, while for younger men, taking statins ...
Read more : Robbie some more on statins | Views : 3734 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Statins

Goji Juice finally found the show

This will allow for each of us to make an informed decision. :wink:

Consumer Alert: CBC MarketPlace Reports on Goji Juice

Shocking Report Revealed on National Television
Vancouver, BC, Canada 2/3/2007 3:47 AM GMT (TransWorldNews)
CBC MarketPlace, a television program that protects consumers against untrue claims made about products, recently broadcast a consumer alert on a product known as "Himalayan Goji Juice".

In this amazing television special, ...
Read more : Goji Juice finally found the show | Views : 1944 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Myelin Repair Foundation

Sounds like they're on target

Myelin Repair Foundation Appoints Vice President of Drug Discovery

SARATOGA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan 31, 2007 - Dr. Jay Tung has been named Vice President of Drug Discovery at the Myelin Repair Foundation (MRF), an innovative non-profit medical research foundation dedicated to accelerating the delivery of myelin repair patient treatments to the millions suffering from multiple sclerosis.

Dr. Tung brings more than 16 years of experience with the drug discovery process from ...
Read more : Myelin Repair Foundation | Views : 1783 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

HE3286 for RA

Currently just Rheumatoid Arthritis but seems company plans to extend research possibly to Multiple Sclerosis also.

Hollis-Eden Pharmaceuticals Presents Positive Data with HE3286 in Preclinical Model of Established Rheumatoid Arthritis
Companies mentioned in this article:
Hollis-Eden

2/2/2007 @ 8:02 AM

Hollis-Eden Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:HEPH) is presenting new data this week showing that HE3286, an orally bio-available small molecule compound, produced a statistically significant reduction in disease in a rodent model of established arthritis. The data, ...
Read more : HE3286 for RA | Views : 1070 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Evening Primrose Oil

I know a lot of people already take this supplement. Very interesting

Saturday, January 27, 2007
Evening Primrose

Evening Primrose
Evening primrose (Oenothera biennis ), also known as evening star, produces little yellow flowers that bloom for only one night and then wither and die. The seeds for this plant are used to produce evening primrose oil (EPO), an excellent source of the omega-6 essential fatty acid. Evening primrose oil has been proven to be ...
Read more : Evening Primrose Oil | Views : 1397 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

no

Was just at the doctor and asked for some lipitor but he said no and i said i wil see you in six months with high colesterol and we left and went right to mc donalds. I showed him some stuff on it and he said anything above 20mg is hard on the liver. How do u tell your doctor who just wants you to be as healthy as you can that you don't care ...
Read more : no | Views : 3363 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Statins

amyl nitrite

The UK MS Society is a poor cousin (financially) of the NMSS. However, this means that it sometimes funds some slightly different types of research.

I've never heard of amyl nitrite, but thought that CureorBust could add it to his (her) ever increasing list of drugs / supplements.

Ian

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/go.rm?id=19273:1
Read more : amyl nitrite | Views : 1960 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

4-AP, Symptom relief, personal experience. Wow!

Hi all, just wanted to let people know about this stuff. I know I would of wanted to know about this earlier.

A few months ago I came accross the study Acordia are doing on a substance called 4-Aminopyridine (ie Fampradine, 4-AP). I followed some threads here, and found that a few people are actually getting it compounded, now. I thought it wouldnt be available

Anyway, I did more research, and eventually found out that ...
Read more : 4-AP, Symptom relief, personal experience. Wow! | Views : 1767 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220332 • Total topics 22806 • Total members 14390

Contact us | Terms of Service