It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:47 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Did my first small run in 11 years

:oops: I know this is pathetic really but for the first time in 11 years I put on my runners and did 6 mins walk/1 min running x 3.

For me this felt like scaling Everest. It felt flippin' great! I wish every day was a good day.....I get about 4 a year......but it felt good to move.

Here's to more good days for all of us.....sending ...
Read more : Did my first small run in 11 years | Views : 2048 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Daily Life

MRV clinical trials recruiting NYNY, MD, France

Magnetic Resonance Imaging to Detect Brain Damage in Patients With Multiple Sclerosis
This study is currently recruiting participants.
Verified by National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC), February 2009
First Received: May 3, 2006 Last Updated: June 9, 2009 History of Changes
Sponsored by: National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)

Information provided by: National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00321568

Purpose
This study will evaluate the ability of magnetic resonance ...

Happy Fathers Day !!!

Going to the beach with my son. Everyone have a great fathers day. Peace to all Mark
Read more : Happy Fathers Day !!! | Views : 1640 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Daily Life

i start tomorrow

so.... i got the campath arm of this thing. which is good, because i hate rebiff with a passion. now i'm kinda scared. i start tomorrow. my husband is working nights this week, and my sister is going to watch my kids(she lives nextdoor). they said i'd probably be able to drive myself. but i have to ask people that have already done this: were you nauseous? do i need to take some sort of ...
Read more : i start tomorrow | Views : 2086 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

amazing research

ScienceDaily (June 19, 2009) — The ability to learn and to establish new memories is essential to our daily existence and identity; enabling us to navigate through the world. A new study by researchers at the Montreal Neurological Institute and Hospital (The Neuro), McGill University and University of California, Los Angeles has captured an image for the first time of a mechanism, specifically protein translation, which underlies long-term memory formation.

The finding provides the first ...
Read more : amazing research | Views : 1323 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

9th PML... where's the info?

So i got a Google alert yesterday for this:
http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsN ... 0820090619

I love how it talks most about the $ being made and not about the patient.

As a Tysabri patient, shouldn't we be kept apprised of these situations?
i've only got 3 infusions in me but PML is obviously still the elephant in the room when i'm getting it.

If I called the TOUCH program (Tysbari's patient ...
Read more : 9th PML... where's the info? | Views : 2242 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Introdution

Hi group members,
I am Bibek from India,had several diagnosis since 2003.First PPMS than Aquiductal stenosis in 2004 , Deymelinatory deises ? Progressive MS in 2003 and was only on deises modifying drug "IMURAN" it is only few months back i got steroids from the neuro who first dxd PPMS.
My symptols are:
1.Walking difficulty (Gait,sapsticity)
2.Balancs Problem ( Had vertigo twice ,long before MS diagnosos)
3.Bladder incontinence
4.Bowel Disfuction
5.Fatigue
6.Heat intolorance ( lot ...
Read more : Introdution | Views : 1120 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Why has my husband turned into Mr. Hyde?

Hi,

I'm still a serious newbie, and haven't learned the language, or the background knowledge I'm sure most of you possess.

But onto my concern: My husband has just been diagnosed with optic neuritis. His condition is deteriorating rapidly. He has a plethora of tests this coming week, and the doctors have given him an initial diagnosis of MS.

He is devastated. Having said all of that, I need to understand his mood. First, he ...
Read more : Why has my husband turned into Mr. Hyde? | Views : 3139 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Discussion

New - MS Spectrum

Hello All,

I've been lurking for a while and decided that I'd like some company on this journey from folks who understand.

While I've had unexplained stuff for years, my first episode was a year and a half ago -- life hasn't been the same since. A couple of months ago my 3rd episode started (tight but gumby legs with difficulty walking, weakness, balance problems, buzzing/tingling/prickling in the legs/arms/torso, nerve pain in legs, slurring, hardcore ...
Read more : New - MS Spectrum | Views : 1474 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Introductions

Venous stent or not...

Does the presence of stenosis all by itself indicate that repair SHOULD be done?

In legs the answer is yes............. and that is just in a leg! yeah, you need your leg but the BRAIN, I would argue, is even more important...

FOUND HERE

Venous outflow obstruction: An underestimated contributor to chronic venous disease.Neglén P, Thrasher TL, Raju S.
River Oaks Hospital, Flowood, MS 39232, USA. neglenmd@earthlink.net

OBJECTIVE: To assess ...
Read more : Venous stent or not... | Views : 3122 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240832 • Total topics 26334 • Total members 17541

Contact us | Terms of Service