It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:29 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

BG-12 questions

On monday, I will see a neuro who is running the trials for FTY720 and BG-12, here in australia.

I have not read of anyone here on the BG-12 study, so thought if anyone has any questions, they could suggest them here, and if i get a chance, I could ask the neuro.

I will also be asking if it will be ok to post the trial info/application forms I received for both these studies, ...
Read more : BG-12 questions | Views : 1355 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

multiple sclerosis: One virus, one disease

I know some people in this site would find this article interesting because the authors raise the possibility that MS might be initiated by or even driven by a virus which we can't identify because we haven't been able to successfully culture it.

I found it interesting because they raise the possibility that relapse and remission might be caused by waxing and waning attacks by the unidentified virus. I'm not saying that's the only possible ...
Read more : multiple sclerosis: One virus, one disease | Views : 1094 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

VOICES UNITE -- 1,500 down...8,500 to go!

Two months ago, I launched a grassroots initiative to change the way Social Security Disability benefits are awarded to victims of MS and other chronically disabling illnesses.

My goal is to gather 10,000 signatures within the next year in order to establish credibility at the federal level. I am also in the process of forming a coalition panel of various chronic illness organization leaders, physicians, "celebrities," and patients who have experienced the shortfalls of our ...
Read more : VOICES UNITE -- 1,500 down...8,500 to go! | Views : 865 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Insurance Coverage for Tysabri in Canada?

has anyone in Canada received insurance coverage for Tysabri? or for Copaxone?

Experiences with these drugs?

Thanks,
Sanjay in Toronto

I'd love to meet people in Toronto with MS for mutual talk and support
Read more : Insurance Coverage for Tysabri in Canada? | Views : 1707 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Important new weapon against aggressive MS

New Weapon against Multiple Sclerosis
22 Apr 2007 11:23:00

A new breakthrough medicine getting multiple sclerosis sufferers’ hopes up has worked its way through the market since early April. The new medicine promises to reduce deterioration by 54% and slow the annual relapse rates by 68% in two years’ time. Injected and administered once a month, all pension funds cover its cost.

In particular, the new medicine contains a really effective and drastic compound that, ...
Read more : Important new weapon against aggressive MS | Views : 2959 | Replies : 18 | Forum : General Discussion

Protein research - looks promising

There's quite a lot of protein work being undertaken in various labs. This looks promising as it's about protecting nerves,

Ian

Deactivating protein may protect nerve fibres in MS 24 April 2007

OHSU findings could lead to first drug to treat progressive, disabling form of disease.

Oregon Health & Science University neuroscientists are eyeing a protein as a potential therapeutic target for multiple sclerosis because de-activating it protects nerve fibers from damage.

OHSU researchers, ...
Read more : Protein research - looks promising | Views : 2257 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Hi from Sanjay in Toronto

Hi,

I've just been diagnosed with MS after one episde. MRI shows many lesions and enhancements. physically I feel ok.

wondering about what to do...

can anyone tell me if they have had any improvement with oral supplements such as calcium amelethylphosphate or any others?

Also has anyone benefitted from the best bet diet?

thank you and take care
Sanjay
Read more : Hi from Sanjay in Toronto | Views : 2363 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Introductions

Allen Brain Atlas

I don't know if the Allen Brain Atlas has been mentioned before on ThisIsMS but check out these links:

http://www.nature.com/msb/journal/v3/n1 ... 00122.html

http://www.brain-map.org/welcome.do;jse ... FD36A2A115

Wesley
Read more : Allen Brain Atlas | Views : 1044 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Do I "fit" here ?

Hello...

I am a V.A. Hospital patient. I was dx's as MS/SS sjogren's syndrome.
I have all the symptoms, and have the lesions in the WM. The neurologist fellowship said 'many' ? lesions. They are not treating me with interferon ... yet...

I take pred. mtx, lyrica and paquinil. Many other scripts too for HT, etc,
I also have autoimmune liver disease.

Numbness, burning Pain, eyesight involvement.

So do I fit here?

jangy (bigouies)
Read more : Do I "fit" here ? | Views : 1815 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

glyconutrients

Would like to hear from any MS'rs taking glyconutrients. Went to a seminar on this subject and it all sounds to good to be true. Extremely expensive, but then again so is the copaxone I'm on. Take an arsenal of supplements now, but seem to be losing ground which is why I am considering the glyconutrients. Let me know -- good or negative replies.
Read more : glyconutrients | Views : 2885 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Natural Approach

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222331 • Total topics 23091 • Total members 14618

Contact us | Terms of Service