It is currently Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:56 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Too First Step

I took the first step and sent an e-mail to Carrie Trekker's assistant asking for the info to start the process for getting accepted into the program.

I'm very excited about getting the list of requirements so I can begin getting everything ready. I only sent the e-mail this morning but I am eager to get a response.

I've started the real Tovaxin vaccines but I still had a really hard weekend with my ms. ...
Read more : Too First Step | Views : 1568 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Dirucotide-ph. 3 for SPMS

Edmonton-based BioMS Medical Corp.'s multiple sclerosis treatment has been given fast-track designation by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
The drug, Dirucotide, is currently in a Phase 3 clinical trial involving 510 patients at 68 sites.
"Our receipt of fast track designation for Dirucotide in the U.S. is a significant milestone for both BioMS Medical and the MS community," CEO Kevin Giese said.
"Based on previous clinical results, we believe Dirucotide is well-positioned to become ...
Read more : Dirucotide-ph. 3 for SPMS | Views : 5347 | Replies : 20 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

moving

We are moving house at the end of this month as I can no longer cope where we are - we live in a 4th floor flat and I have to climb 4-5 (depending on the entrance) flights of stairs to get to my own front door. It just exhausts me and is dangerous. We have found a nice little place just down the road form here to go to. It is going to cost ...
Read more : moving | Views : 3822 | Replies : 27 | Forum : General Discussion

HiCy Relieves MS Symptoms

http://www.jhu.edu/~jhumag/0908web/wholly.html#hicy

Our very own Chris Young ladies and gentlemen!

Mel continues to do well, her 3 month was v.positive, she aced the maths test for the first time ever, gait is better, walk test is faster and EDSS has dropped.

Heat really flares things up by they settle when cool, it's HOT in Houston, we've dropped the AC to 70 from its usual 75-77 and that has done the ...
Read more : HiCy Relieves MS Symptoms | Views : 7692 | Replies : 52 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Small Update but Positive...and THANKS to JimmyLegs

Well I tried the Magnesium....its been about a week now I think...but I do notice a difference. The turning point was last night I thought..."I'm not hurting as bad, I'm not so stiff," and I think it's the Mag because I stopped the Zanaflex after a few doses.
Sure I feel tired at the end of the day and all if it is not totally gone but I do feel some relief.....its not as bad ...
Read more : Small Update but Positive...and THANKS to JimmyLegs | Views : 1458 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Trialresults IVIG in SPMS and PPMS

This placebo-controle 24 month trial showed some effect on disability progression. But its noteworth that 120 of 231 patients withdrew from the study for "various reasons".

--Frank

Intravenous immunoglobulin in primary and secondary chronic progressive multiple sclerosis: a randomized placebo controlled multicentre study
01 September 2008

In patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS), IVIG was shown to reduce the relapse rate and progression of disability. In patients with chronic progressive MS, a beneficial effect ...
Read more : Trialresults IVIG in SPMS and PPMS | Views : 1751 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

NeuroVax

Hi,

I was trying to find the current status of the NeuroVax trials but couldn't find much at all. As far as I can see, Orchestra Therapeutics no longer exist as an active company:

http://www.smallcapnetwork.com/scb/say-goodbye-to-orchestra-therapeutics/1217/

So is NeuroVax dead? Was it actually any good anyway?

Cyclops
Read more : NeuroVax | Views : 3160 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

"Extreme makeover " for cells

This looks like an exciting breakthrough and a promising new path for regenerative medicine to go down:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01829.html
Read more : "Extreme makeover " for cells | Views : 1308 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Supplements regimen questions

Hi all,

After researching the internet for a few weeks we have compiled a first basic list of supplements (well i guess 6 supplements make a basic list compared to the 17 proposed by the BBD..!).As safety is a major concern we preferred to start with a small list that we feel confident about,with a view to continue researching and adding supplements along the way. (BTW a great thanks to all the natural approach thread ...
Read more : Supplements regimen questions | Views : 4582 | Replies : 27 | Forum : Natural Approach

activity level and symptoms? tell me more

My question for today is: Talk to me about how activity level and types of activities affect your symptoms? I've seen mention of this in some other threads; it hasn't shown up much in my 'general MS' reading I've done elsewhere except as a vague "rest is helpful" kind of thing.

What ...
Read more : activity level and symptoms? tell me more | Views : 2144 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233492 • Total topics 25056 • Total members 16212

Contact us | Terms of Service