It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:58 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Dignan - Infrared Irradication

This trial is in Canada. I've arranged for you and Jimmlegs to be in the hospital beds next to each other. You could hold hands while you receive your Irradication (and perhaps fall in love).

<shortened url>
Read more : Dignan - Infrared Irradication | Views : 1460 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Racing Against the Clock

Disclosure: While Kim is on ABX, I have been vouyeristicly interested in Tovaxin and have been hoping for it’s success. I even invested in the stock, which I still have.

Opexa released a 10-Q today. The 10-Q is a report that public companies are required to submit to the securities and exchange commission. There are often some interesting nuggets of knowledge in these reports and I thought folks here might be interested in what Opexa ...
Read more : Racing Against the Clock | Views : 1633 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

The Doctors

its this new show on TV I dont know if you guys had discussed it or not, but watching today (I work at a TV station) there was a story on this lady who has MS and they tryed out this device on her to help improve her walking.
Ness L300 Drop Foot Device

Michelle, 42, was devastated when she was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis four years ago. “I had an MRI and the doctor ...
Read more : The Doctors | Views : 1871 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

New Data from Opexa

Opexa Provides Additional Promising Data Including Statistically Significant Reduction in Disability With Tovaxin® for the Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis

Tovaxin Also Demonstrates Reduction in Relapse Risk and Myelin T-cell Reactivity in Patients With More Active Disease

THE WOODLANDS, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:OPXA), a company dedicated to the development of patient-specific cellular therapies for the treatment of autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis (MS) and diabetes, today announced additional positive data from the company’s Phase ...
Read more : New Data from Opexa | Views : 2936 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

leukaemia drug can halt, reverse effects of MS

Check this out

Study finds leukaemia drug can halt, reverse effects of MS

<shortened url>

Yahoo AFP News

LONDON (AFP) – Researchers at the University of Cambridge said Thursday they have found that a drug originally developed to treat leukaemia can halt and even reverse the debilitating effects of multiple sclerosis (MS).

In trials, alemtuzumab reduced the number of attacks in sufferers and also helped them recover lost functions, apparently allowing damaged brain tissue to ...
Read more : leukaemia drug can halt, reverse effects of MS | Views : 2431 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Phase 2 complete....results in NEJM

improvements on disability scale in campath group, reduced lesions, better brain volume, no diff. between 12 or 24 mg doses....looks alot better than interferon-

Results Alemtuzumab significantly reduced the rate of sustained accumulation of disability, as compared with interferon beta-1a (9.0% vs. 26.2%; hazard ratio, 0.29; 95% confidence interval , 0.16 to 0.54; P<0.001) and the annualized rate of relapse (0.10 vs. 0.36; hazard ratio, 0.26; 95% CI, 0.16 to 0.41; P<0.001). The mean disability ...
Read more : Phase 2 complete....results in NEJM | Views : 2482 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Death by Caffeine

Ok see how much it will take to kill you.
and no there is no evil man gonna jump out at you when you open this link. Promise :P
Read more : Death by Caffeine | Views : 1400 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

What do you make of my pre-MS dream?

I had this dream in 1994, was diagnosed in 1998.
I kept a dream diary for a few years, and I found a dream I described - once I read it it came back to me with a bang. It was super-vivid, I woke drenched in sweat the night I had it and didn't sleep afterwards.

Does anyone make anything of this (apart from the fact that I'm bonkers ...
Read more : What do you make of my pre-MS dream? | Views : 1577 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Great moments in modern pharmaceutical research...

I'm not discounting the great benefits we have obtained through research but long gone are the days when Jonas Salk declared the following regarding his discovery of a polio vaccine...

While being interviewed by Edward R. Murrow on See It Now in 1955, Salk was asked: "Who owns the patent on this vaccine?" Surprised by the question's assumption of the requirement of a profit motive for his creation, ...
Read more : Eureka!!! | Views : 1575 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

Login  •  Register

Total posts 234650 • Total topics 25267 • Total members 16465

Contact us | Terms of Service