It is currently Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:17 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Antibiotics

An article from the BBC:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7136088.stm

There's not a ton of data there and the article admits it was a small study but it just shows more signs that antibiotics could help MS patients. Every little bit counts!
Read more : Antibiotics | Views : 1220 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Menstrual blood tapped as source of stem cells

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21996417/
While the excitement continues to swirl around the recent breakthrough of converting skin cells to stem cells, other researchers are quietly pursuing a new type of stem cell discovered in menstrual blood.
The technique for converting the skin cells involves using viruses to insert several genes, one of which is known to cause cancer.
Meng and Ichim's team had a hunch that stem cells may aid in the rapid expansion of the uterus lining during a ...
Read more : Menstrual blood tapped as source of stem cells | Views : 2184 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Stem Cells

Hello

I do not have MS but am affected everyday by it. My wife of 12 years was diagnosed with MS over 17 years ago. By the time I had met her, she was already quite a few years into the Swank MS Diet and had gone through a few really rough years.

She has been blind 4 times, lost total feeling in almost every area of her body at one time or another, had bladder ...
Read more : Hello | Views : 1471 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

news about Doxy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7136088.stm

Just picked some up today and the pharmacist seemed surprised at the dosage...and that's without roxy etc.....nice to come home to the article, though.
Read more : news about Doxy | Views : 3155 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Antibiotics

Hello! Newbie here!

Hi,

My name is George, I'm 25 and I am in the process of being diagnosed. I have been told to expect a diagnosis of MS but have not had the diagnosis because the neurologist I first saw didn't want to get involved as I was moving.

I first developed Optic Neuritis in my R eye in April and in October I developed a number of other symptoms which can be summed up as my ...
Read more : Hello! Newbie here! | Views : 1527 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

Delicate Protein Balance Behind Immune System Response Uncov

I think this is new...

TOL

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 214715.htm

Delicate Protein Balance Behind Immune System Response Uncovered

ScienceDaily (Dec. 10, 2007) — A team of researchers from the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine has identified the protein interactions involved in the immune system process that fights infection yet, in certain inflammatory diseases, runs amok and attacks friendly tissue.

The Penn team, led by Christopher Hunter, chair of ...
Read more : Delicate Protein Balance Behind Immune System Response Uncov | Views : 1050 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

An Eye Question

Alright, I think I'm at the point where my ON eye is not getting any better. My question would be will the bad vision in my left eye cause my right eye to strain itself? Should I see an ophthalmologist to get glasses or something?

Not only am I knew to my MS but also to vision problems, it used to be perfect and I've never had problems before this.
Read more : An Eye Question | Views : 1614 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Interferon Beta 1-A + Doxycycline

Combination Therapy With Interferon Beta-1a and Doxycycline in Multiple Sclerosis 10 December 2007

A preliminary study suggests that combining a medication currently used to treat multiple sclerosis with an antibiotic may slow the progress of the disease, according to an article posted online today that will appear in the February 2008 print issue of Archives of Neurology, one of the JAMA/Archives journals.

“Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an immune-mediated disorder that affects genetically susceptible individuals ...
Read more : Interferon Beta 1-A + Doxycycline | Views : 4018 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Remyelination

Mice again I know but maybe it will lead to something... It is from the Mayo Clinic

December 09, '07: Antibody Repairs Myelin Sheath in Multiple Sclerosis
Category: M.S. Research Study Reports Posted by: stuart
Obtained from the Virtual Medical Ctr website

Antibody Repairs Myelin Sheath in Multiple Sclerosis

Abstract
Mayo Clinic researchers have found that a human antibody administered in a single low dose in laboratory mouse models can repair myelin, the insulating covering ...
Read more : Remyelination | Views : 2271 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 227082 • Total topics 23944 • Total members 15256

Contact us | Terms of Service