It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:04 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Not MS: Transplant of windpipe grown from stem cells

I saw this on the standard daily TV news today.
To recap; the operation, on 30-year-old tuberculosis patient Claudia Castillo, took place in Barcelona, where doctors also had collected a three-inch segment of trachea from a 51-year-old donor who had died of a cerebral hemorrhage. They used a technique developed in Padua to strip the windpipe of its donor's original cells, a procedure that took six weeks, to create a "scaffold". At the same time, ...
Read more : Not MS: Transplant of windpipe grown from stem cells | Views : 1756 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Stem Cells

Relationship Forum

How about a forum on relationships? A place where the single and attached could discuss all the difficulties and joys. I think I would feel kind of weird posting about my relationship problems on the daily life or general discussion forums but if there was a specific one I wouldn't.
Read more : Relationship Forum | Views : 3255 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Suggestions

Novantrone and Leukemia and Greater Heart Damage Risk

My husband was diagnosed in early September 2008 as having Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML) Secondary to administration of Novantrone.

There are three other patients on his hospital floor with the same problem. I think that the public has been underquoted the risk. If the risk that the Novantrone mfg quoted to doctors was 1 in 1000 (as I am told), I actually calculated the risks from their small lot of studies as 1 in 400 ...
Read more : Novantrone and Leukemia and Greater Heart Damage Risk | Views : 5591 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Novantrone

Wife's regimen

Time to pass here some changes I have done to wife's regimen:

breakfast:
500mg carnitine with 150mg Lipoic acid and 50mg Q10
1gr omega 3
200mcg Selenium (5 days/week)
2500IU vitamin A (4 days/week)
300mcg Chromium (5 days/week)
100mg Resveratrol
120mg Gingko Biloba
1caps Kelp (5 days/week)

12pm
1020mg Salvia
500mg Inosine (her uric acid levels are at higher normal level)
500mg N-acetyl cysteine
100mg Pycnogenol
500mg Quercetin

lunch
500mg carnitine with 150mg lipoic acid ...
Read more : Wife's regimen | Views : 8135 | Replies : 30 | Forum : Regimens

hjtjtrjt

trhrh
Read more : hjtjtrjt | Views : 6978 | Replies : 66 | Forum : General Discussion

Is MS spine related?

I've been researching. My neck cracks uncontrollably...since I was diagnosed in 07. Neuros told me it was normal, which it CLEARLY is not. So I researched and found this website. "www.ms-cure.com"
of course thats my new thing now. Chiro took xrays and it showed severe c1 and c2 misalignment to the right and loss of neck curve. All my symtoms are on the right side of my body. I've been going for a month now ...
Read more : Is MS spine related? | Views : 2439 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Osteopenia

I went in for my bi-annual bone density test aka bone scan. Even though for the past 2.5 years I have taken a calcium supplement with vitamin D plus two additional vitamin D tablets (2000 iu's each), plus a multi-vitamin containing both every day I still had an additional 4.5% bone loss since the last scan.

The doctor indicated that my body may not be able to absorb these substances properly. She said a blood ...
Read more : Osteopenia | Views : 2076 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Depression and MS

I am sure depression has been a topic of discussion many times before on this board. But, with the dark cold months on winter fast approaching I wonder how many of us with MS face special challenges? I know I seem to be effected more by depression in the winter. How do others deal with this? Meds? Run off to warm sunny places for mid winter vacations? Although I have read it time and time ...
Read more : Depression and MS | Views : 1791 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Study: Status after discontinuation of Tysabri treatment

RESULTS:
With regard to clinical disease activity, neuroimaging, and immune responses, the majority of patients in our cohort were stable. Decreased lymphocyte cell numbers and altered cell ratios returned to normal 14 months after cessation of natalizumab. No infectious complications were observed.

Link

--Frank

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235119 • Total topics 25366 • Total members 16578

Contact us | Terms of Service