It is currently Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:05 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Genes gone awry

I've run this through my patented, " Gobbledygook – to – English", translating machine and it would appear that, during a relapse, a number of genes are expressed which prevent the white blood cells from killing themselves at the correct time. This would mean that immune system activity, which might start out as just a normal bit of housekeeping, goes on for far too long and leads to damage:

Impaired expression of peripheral blood apoptotic-related ...
Read more : Genes gone awry | Views : 918 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

CRAZY?

you know i'm a pretty easy going person
i have a very high pain tolerance
but WOW
first of all this is not a plasebo effect
from aug 16 until aug 31 i felt awesome on 100mg doxy
had the bump with NAC
i expected to breeze through the next 100mg doxy added
NOT HAPPENING
i woke up a little more sore than usual because of the weather
but an hour after upping my dose ...
Read more : CRAZY? | Views : 2005 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Antibiotics

Copaxone Sting Reduction Technique: A Personal Breakthough

If you try this, please post a reply. I know that typically there’s only about 1 reply post for every 30 or so views, but honestly I really think this is very important and I hope that with frequent replies we can keep it on the front page near the top of the Copaxone message board.

I’m not one to accept what I’m told, at least not without a lot of (seemingly annoying) follow-up questions. ...
Read more : Copaxone Sting Reduction Technique: A Personal Breakthough | Views : 11803 | Replies : 21 | Forum : Copaxone

See what antibiotics can do...

I've had reason over the past week, to recall how ill my daughter was 18 months ago, lying in a hospital bed, unable to do anything for herself, not even essential things like breathing and sitting up, or simple things like feeding herself and brushing her teeth.

Her condition deteriorated over a period of 3 months and in spite of two courses of steroids the trend was downwards. At the beginning of the relapse, around ...
Read more : See what antibiotics can do... | Views : 3005 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Antibiotics

Nightly Night Sweats

Hi there everyone - I am new to this Board and am in need of some help please! I am suffering from dreadful drenching night sweats and have done so for months and months. Doctors are at a loss to explain this which has been very frustrating. Does anyone else suffer from this and if so, how often do you get them? Is this related to MS? I am on Avonex and have been so ...
Read more : Nightly Night Sweats | Views : 4622 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General Discussion

Any Advice, Have Appointment Monday!

Hello,

I have been diagnosed with MS 6/12/07, but also have a Lyme Literate doctor to rule out Lyme Disease. I will get my results from iGeneX on 9/10/07.

Please let me know of any information, advice, or questions I should know about before going to this appointment.

Thanks,

Rob
Read more : Any Advice, Have Appointment Monday! | Views : 1118 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Amoxicillin, Steriod Treatment, which one helped?

Hello,

As I am not sure what to think or which one helped me, please read my story and let me know any thoughts or experiences!

I have been diagnosed with MS 6/12/07, but also have a Lyme Literate doctor to rule out Lyme Disease. I will get my results on 9/10/07. I am on imoxicillin 2000 mg a day for 30 days, started on 8/23/07 due to a bad sinus infection. On 8/31/07 I ...
Read more : Amoxicillin, Steriod Treatment, which one helped? | Views : 1647 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Antibiotics

CIPRO

hey i was on this alot of iv and 11 days of oral
could this have caused such a reaction from NAC
Read more : CIPRO | Views : 2035 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Antibiotics

What is Cpn?

Hello,

I read a post stating Cpn and lyme disease are covered by the same treatment - meaning antibiotics.

What is Cpn?

Thanks,

Rob
Read more : What is Cpn? | Views : 1883 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Antibiotics

next step

Pain is still an issue but i'm going to next step
do i double up on doxy or wait for an rx for Rox
Read more : next step | Views : 4215 | Replies : 20 | Forum : Antibiotics

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 224995 • Total topics 23557 • Total members 14920

Contact us | Terms of Service