It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:20 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Notes from CureIous' at Stanford

Just heard from CureIous' good friend Don who tells me that he left Op Prep at 4:30pm the op will be roughly 2hrs and recovery about 3hrs. He will be getting double jugs way up high and another set by the shoulder.
Read more : Notes from CureIous' at Stanford | Views : 61486 | Replies : 345 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Need info on wheelchair battery replacement

Bottom line: I want to know if regular repair shops exist for wheelchairs/batteries. How would I find a local shop? (What do I google for, who do I ask?)
~~~~~
My sister with MS uses an Invacare M50 (or 51) electric wheelchair she got 3 years ago from the same company she always uses, paid 20% and Medicare paid the rest.

Now the battery is dead and since she has switched to a HMO from ...
Read more : Need info on wheelchair battery replacement | Views : 1447 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

hello! minocycline question

Hi,

I haven't posted in a while, but I am still very interested in antibiotics & MS, as well as natural approaches.

I am hoping in the future to see a doctor who will give me Rx for antibiotic regimen, but I know that will involve some planning, work & possibly travel. I am considering starting Minocycline in the meantime.

Thanks,
g.
Read more : hello! minocycline question | Views : 2500 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Antibiotics

Fast turn around for Dake!

I mailed my records yesterday afternoon through Fed-Ex and they arrived at Stanford this morning. Dr. Dake called me at 2 pm HIS TIME to talk. Quite impressive. The guy must be a machine!!! Anyhow, I can come have the procedure if I like -- although the wait time is now pushed up to September, maybe even mid Sept. since there are another 25 people lined up after the 25 he has already done.
Read more : Fast turn around for Dake! | Views : 2094 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Lew at Stanford 9/15

I'll be out for my follow up on the 15th, and surgery on the left side on the 16th if indicated. Any and all people who will be out there, let me know and we'll meet up!
Read more : Lew at Stanford 9/15 | Views : 1680 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Vein relocation

This probably isn't a novel idea, but I don't know the answer and I would really like to. Would it be possible to take a health vein fron one's leg and replace the obstructed portion of the jugular with that? Stents sound unpleasant and the clotting aspect worries me some. Would this work?
Read more : Vein relocation | Views : 2174 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

mad

i am just so mad at what my life has become, my wife and i were just figuring it all out, relationship, money everything and now i jusy don't even know if i'll make it through living like this. we all have different points of no more and i'm at mine. i feel like i am so pissed off at ms that it is changing me for the worse emotionaly not just phically, fuck i ...
Read more : mad | Views : 3176 | Replies : 25 | Forum : General Discussion

LadyStewart, Are you at Stanford?

Hello LadyStewart, If you're at Stanford today/this week, I just wanted to wish you well. I thought someone had mentioned you were being tested today, so if you are, I'm thinking of you and hoping all goes well.

3 month post hicy (round 2) update

Hi again everyone,

Well, it is with sadness that I report that things have been on a downslide for the last two weeks. My previous update, I was on top of the world and living without much limitations or restrictions. In the last week or so, I have become symptomatic to a somewhat severe degree.

Tomorrow I will go for my 3 month MRI follow-up and maybe we'll know more - maybe there will be ...
Read more : 3 month post hicy (round 2) update | Views : 5459 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 242816 • Total topics 26647 • Total members 17820

Contact us | Terms of Service