It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:48 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

itchy scalp! and no its not dandruff...

hey everyone...

for the last 2 weeks i've been getting random episodes of severe itching on my head. It's not like my skin is itchy, its like the layer underneath my skin is itchy... like little ants are under there or something.

It only lasts for 5-10 min then its gone. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
Read more : itchy scalp! and no its not dandruff... | Views : 2809 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

BVA-101

Biovista Inc. Announces Positive Efficacy Results in a Pre-Clinical Trial of its BVA-101 Repositioned Drug for Multiple Sclerosis

Apr. 2, 2009 09:01 AM

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia, April 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Biovista Inc. today announced that BVA-101, its drug targeting Multiple Sclerosis (MS), has shown significant positive results in the MOG-induced Experimental Allergic Encephalomyelitis (EAE) murine model of MS. BVA-101, an existing drug that Biovista repositioned in MS and is aimed at neuroprotection, was shown to have ...
Read more : BVA-101 | Views : 1381 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Yikes and smiles! :-)

Just got back from the post office; got my three letters in the mail and one e-mail to Neil Warma zipped off. I'll let y'all know if/when I hear some somethin'. Hopefully informative.

God bless us one and all! 8O :lol: :D
Read more : Yikes and smiles! :-) | Views : 1945 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

LDN

I can't seem to find any info on the LDN phase II trial...can anyone help me out?

L
Read more : LDN | Views : 1660 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Jelinek's website

Always make me feel more hopeful

http://www.takingcontrolofmultiplesclerosis.org/

Worth a read.
Read more : Jelinek's website | Views : 1601 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Lipopolysaccharide / LPS Demyelination / Apoptosis

There is some on TIMS about LPS, but it doesn't have it's own thread. When I read these two articles I wondered, "Has any one else at TIMS read these?"

Dr. Felts et al. 2005 Inflammation and primary demyelination induced by the intraspinal injection of lipopolysaccharide

Dr. Bannerman et al. 2003 Mechanisms of bacterial lipopolysaccharide-induced endothelial apoptosis

1) What do you think?
2) Do you know of other related research on this? Other articles?
3) ...
Read more : Lipopolysaccharide / LPS Demyelination / Apoptosis | Views : 1880 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

New but trying to adjust...

Hi I am a new patient dx...As of Feburary 3rd. I start my tx about a month ago...I am doing better with it than I thought I would the thought of giving my self a shot everyday was horrible to me. I have over came that fear and now I am just trying to live my life as normal as I can, which is easier said than done. I am tired all of the time, ...
Read more : New but trying to adjust... | Views : 1144 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Walkaide users

How many of us are there?
Read more : Walkaide users | Views : 6625 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Medical Devices

Sore Nose

Hello,

This is my second time on Rebif and each time I get a very sore nose. I know this sounds silly, but I dont know what it is. It hurts to even touch the tip of my nose.

Has this happened to anyone before? If so, what is it? What can I do?

Thanks,
Samantha
Read more : Sore Nose | Views : 2480 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Rebif

G-20 summit

I'm not sure if I heard this correctly as I only had the television on as background noise while I was playing a computer game. But, I thought I heard a news anchor mention how the Obmas were not invited to the big dinner. They were to attend a "working dinner". I guess to multi-task. Michelle Obama was to sit next to the author of "Harry Potter". I can only imagine what that conversation would ...
Read more : G-20 summit | Views : 1292 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 238944 • Total topics 26054 • Total members 17319

Contact us | Terms of Service