It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:23 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

"HE 3286" ? A Pre-Clinical DHEA Metabolite

Here’s a link to info about a potential new “pre-clinical” drug for MS, “HE 3286”.

The headline is about Rheumatoid Arthritis but if you read the news release it sounds like it’s been tested in female EAE mice.

My wild speculation, and it is just that, wild speculation, is that “HE 3286” might be a metabolite of DHEA and/or a synthetic form of DHEA.

Per their release, the company “is developing a proprietary new class ...
Read more : "HE 3286" ? A Pre-Clinical DHEA Metabolite | Views : 1133 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

More new discoveries

Here is another article about new discoveries regarding destruction of myelin. There is so much news anymore that it is hard to keep up with everything.

http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseact ... N=50664116

A German team has found a new clue to the cause of MS, one that could lead to new treatments, says Roger Highfield

Molecules in the body that are thought to attack the “insulation” in nerves to cause multiple sclerosis ...
Read more : More new discoveries | Views : 1151 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Rocky Mountain MS cernter

My neuro recommended this site. She said it has relaible info on alternative meds.
http://www.ms-cam.org/index.php3/
NN
Read more : Rocky Mountain MS cernter | Views : 1848 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Natural Approach

Research for Parkinsons may also help MS....

Here is another interesting and promising article which mentions MS:

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2006-12/uorm-paw120106.php

I hope this link works!!

J.
Read more : Research for Parkinsons may also help MS.... | Views : 1338 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Remyelination is extensive in a subset of multiple sclerosis

Has this been posted already? Just thought it was an interesting study....

Remyelination is extensive in a subset of multiple sclerosis patients

Although spontaneous remyelination does occur in multiple sclerosis lesions, its extent within the global population with this disease is presently unknown. We have systematically analysed the incidence and distribution of completely remyelinated lesions (so-called shadow plaques) or partially remyelinated lesions (shadow plaque areas) in 51 autopsies of patients with different clinical courses and ...
Read more : Remyelination is extensive in a subset of multiple sclerosis | Views : 1365 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

blood pressure and ms

Hi:
Has anyone developed “quick onset hypertension”? My blood pressure is always high at the dr’s office (150/90) office but then goes back down. I got taken to an emergency room (see my post in daily life) and it stayed up the whole 8+ hours at 160/116 yikes!. I found a story that described a similar experience at

http://infoonms.bizland.com/aboutus.html

It’s sounds tough to treat but I’m not so sure ...
Read more : blood pressure and ms | Views : 1812 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Another autologous stem cell update

Looks like pretty good results for progressive MS -- 77% either stable or improved over 4 years after the procedure.

Clinical outcomes after autologous haematopoietic stem cell transplantation in patients with progressive multiple sclerosis.

Chin Med J (Engl). 2006 Nov 20;119(22):1851-5.
Xu J, Ji BX, Su L, Dong HQ, Sun XJ, Liu CY.
Department of Haematology, Xuanwu Hospital, Capital University of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100053, China (Email: xujuandail@x263.net).

BACKGROUND: Multiple ...
Read more : Another autologous stem cell update | Views : 1479 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Waiting for Right therapy

I have been diagnosed 3 years back but have not taken any drugs so far and am feeling fine until recently when i have had further weakness develop in my right leg in addition to left one where the problem started. No new lescions reported but there is a further worsening of the lescions in my back.
I am a bit concerned but starting the injections due to side effects with Avonex and other Immune ...
Read more : Waiting for Right therapy | Views : 5240 | Replies : 31 | Forum : Introductions

Just curious...what meds are you on for symptoms?

I was just curious what meds others were taking for symptoms. I feel I'm taking so many thing....maybe others can share what works for them. :wink:

I'm taking:
Rebif inj
Prevacid for GERD
Namenda for cognitive problems
Effexor for depression
Ditropan for bladder
Ambien for insomnia
Xanax occasionally for stress/anxiety
Celebrex for arthritis pain
Ultracet for leg pain

Any suggestions for numbness/tingling? Sometimes is makes me ...
Read more : Just curious...what meds are you on for symptoms? | Views : 842 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Does this ever happen to you?

Sometimes I just feel like I can't wake up. I have to force myself to open my eyes! Has anyone else ever experienced this? 8O

Thanks, Vicki (newbie)
Read more : Does this ever happen to you? | Views : 1018 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218756 • Total topics 22546 • Total members 14192