It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:14 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Has the Phase III trail of fingolimod (FTY720) started ?

Hi,

Does any one know if the phase III trail of fingolimod (FTY720) started ?

Last I read about the trail was that, it is to start in the last quater of 2006

Thanks,
Gopi
Read more : Has the Phase III trail of fingolimod (FTY720) started ? | Views : 1718 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Tysabri Patient Progress Reports

Here is a link to the website http://www.MSPatientsForChoice.org where some Tysabri patient progress reports have been posted:

http://www.MSPatientsForChoice.org/progress.htm

and these reports will be made more prominent on the home page of the website over the next few days, more reports will be added, and these reports will be updated.

We ask that other Tysabri patients email their progress reports to the website, at admin@mspatientsforchoice.org, and that those who have already ...
Read more : Tysabri Patient Progress Reports | Views : 1682 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Relapse/Remission/Why?

Read more : Relapse/Remission/Why? | Views : 3294 | Replies : 27 | Forum : General Discussion

First shots for Loobie this morning

I had my first shots this morning and to tell you the truth it was a little uneventful. The nurse made me turn around and close my eyes as he was instructed not to let me see the syringe (I'm sure that's normal protocol in a double-blind) and gave me one shot in each tricep area. The injections are sub-q, but it took about 15 seconds to get each syringe emptied into me, so I ...
Read more : First shots for Loobie this morning | Views : 3022 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Possible MS or Stress and Anxiety?

Hi there,

My name is Chris, i have been lurking on this forum for a while now but this is my first post. I am from London and 28 years old.

Approx 6 months ago i started experiencing sympoms that could possibly be due to MS. Initially i went to see my GP who suggested that i see a Neurologist for further investigation. He also did general bloodwork, all of which came back normal. I ...
Read more : Possible MS or Stress and Anxiety? | Views : 2024 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

SPMS, what would you do?

I have been off of Avonex since early July. I was one of the first patients to take it in North America but after a couple of episodes and nine years later, it is clear that Avonex is not doing much for me now.

My MS progressed very slowly, affecting my right leg. It is my only problem now but it is a big problem. I walk funny and I put huge strain on my ...
Read more : SPMS, what would you do? | Views : 4337 | Replies : 38 | Forum : General Discussion

Drug Combo Shown to Reverse MS

Just came across this article. Am I the only one who missed it? I find the whole thing a bit scary!
------------------------------
Drug Combo Shown to Reverse Multiple Sclerosis
Monday, September 18, 2006

LONDON — Four years ago, 28-year-old multiple sclerosis patient Karen Ayres was wheelchair-bound and paralyzed.
"I was trapped in a body that wouldn't do anything," she says. Now, following an experimental drug treatment, she has regained mobility and is studying for a ...
Read more : Drug Combo Shown to Reverse MS | Views : 1585 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

daily immunosuppressive therapy

Since Gary has been dxed with Devic's, MS's evil twin, I have been able to step back and question MS therapies. With Devics, the standard treatment is IV steroids or IV chemo type drugs during an attack and then keeping you on a daily immune supressing dose of a selection of suppressive drugs. AZT is given lots as well as methotrexate. Cellcept, what Gary takes, is newly being considered. Devic's is an autoimmune disease as ...
Read more : daily immunosuppressive therapy | Views : 2681 | Replies : 23 | Forum : General Discussion

Clinical trial summary from ECTRIMS

Interesting, long summary of clinical trials from ECTRIMS conference in September (hope it hasn't already been posted).

ECTRIMS 2006 - New Advances in Clinical Trial Design and in the Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis

Barry A. Singer, MD

Advances in clinical trial design and in the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS) were presented during the 22nd Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS), September 27-30, 2006, in Madrid, Spain. The ...
Read more : Clinical trial summary from ECTRIMS | Views : 1283 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

This one is for Lyon

Maybe you have seen this already. Maybe someone has already mentioned this to you (I don't read everything on this board). But, if you go to the healthtalk website and you listen to the replay of the webcast from Nov 16, 2006 http://www.healthtalk.com/multiplescler ... /index.cfm
they briefly mention your favourite topic! The part you want to listen to is from 41:48 to 42:50.

It talks about a paper presented ...
Read more : This one is for Lyon | Views : 1284 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218653 • Total topics 22530 • Total members 14176