It is currently Sat May 28, 2016 1:12 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Support Group?

I want to start by thanking everyone o this site, there is a wealth of information shared, as well as just a good attitude.

I work for the Advocate health System, and am involved in opening an offsite Imediate Med Care place quite close to where I live.
The building has a community room which no one seems to have a use for as yet.

My thought was to start an MS support group for ...
Read more : Support Group? | Views : 1628 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Bike the US for MS - coming to a town near you.

Greetings!

My name is Donald Fraser and I have created a fundraiser for MS research called "Bike the US for MS". We will be biking from Virginia to Oregon, and volunteering along the way. If MS affects you or your family, we want to stop and meet you. Please email info@biketheusforms.org if you live close to the route. Visit www.biketheusforms.org for route information.

My ...
Read more : Bike the US for MS - coming to a town near you. | Views : 1385 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Salk research

An interesting bit in the article is:

"the immune system attacks oligodendrocytes"

I've seen this theory elsewhere. I'm not sure if it means at the same time as the attacks on the myelin sheath, or rather that the destruction of the oligodendrocytes leads to problems with the myelin sheath which then leads to further attacks ??????????

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j14 ... 5&w=464753
Read more : Salk research | Views : 1559 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Hearing loss

I need some help on this potential symptom. It's only been one day so I may be freaking out, but the issue came on in dramatic fashion (overnight) and I can't figure out a root cause. I went to bed last night 100% baseline normal. Eyes a little blurry, legs a little weak, needing to pee, but otherwise normal. I wake up this morning and my left ear is ringing/roaring like I went to a ...
Read more : Hearing loss | Views : 1383 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

ATL/TV 1102

Dignan,

Please note the slight change in name for this drug and the expectation that it will be moving into Phase 3.

Ian

ATL/TV1102 reduces disease activity in multiple sclerosis patients 30 June 2008

Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. and Antisense Therapeutics Ltd. announced that anti-sense drug, ATL/TV1102, significantly reduced disease activity in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.

The companies noted that their Phase IIa study met its primary endpoint showing a significant reduction by ...
Read more : ATL/TV 1102 | Views : 1581 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Interesting article "The Itch"

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008 ... ntPage=all
I am a lurker, seldom post but I think the above article is fascinating and may have some info to help some of us. Its called "The Itch" in this weeks New Yorker magazine
Read more : Interesting article "The Itch" | Views : 1482 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Flu Symptoms on Avonex

Hi everyone. It's been awhile since I've posted on here. I just started injecting Avonex again after a seven month break (tonight is actually my first night). After two years of injecting, the flu symptoms and mood swings were getting to me so I stopped. Well in that seven month time frame my left foot eventually became completely numb about 95% of the time. My balance is way off and now my right side is ...
Read more : Flu Symptoms on Avonex | Views : 1620 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Question about Rebif Needles

Do y'all find that your Rebif needles have air in them? Do you push the air out before you inject?

Thanks!

CF
Read more : Question about Rebif Needles | Views : 2650 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Rebif

High blood pressure and revimmune

I am interested in this treatment possibly, but I do have nigh BP. I am on medication, but my BP seems to spike really easy and I do have a family history of heart problems.

Does anyone here who had this treatment have high bp as well or know if this will be an issue?
Read more : High blood pressure and revimmune | Views : 1688 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

question # 1000 it seems like

Of course, since I'm "into" the importance of plasticity, there is also the possibility that her MS and resulting damage continues ominously at a rate in which plasticity is able to it's job and keep her from noticing the damage as it accumulates.

this is so well put bob we are all under attack all the time it's just that when our own bodies can't keep up with the repairs we start to notice ...
Read more : question # 1000 it seems like | Views : 1268 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232479 • Total topics 24861 • Total members 16017

Contact us | Terms of Service