It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:15 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

medical malpractice

A trial is scheduled to begin in the very near future in which my wife and I are suing a neurologist for failure to timely diagnose and treat her MS. Does anyone have experience in such a matter?
Read more : medical malpractice | Views : 1012 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

DMDs are crap

I wondered why HarryZ had gone quiet. It looks as if he is now working for the Sunday Mirror.

For non-UK citizens, NHS is the National Health Service - the health system in the UK which is funded by taxation and is free at the point of delivery.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j623481147&w=464753
Read more : DMDs are crap | Views : 1291 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Trying to conceive and Copaxone

Hi
I know you're supposed to give up Copaxone before trying for a baby. I have read all the literature I can and there is no data that I found that links Copaxone to birth defects.

It sounds a bit clinical but I have to weigh up risks here. I have very active MS, but it has been very quiet on Copaxone. I gave up Copaxone for a week a few months ago as I ...
Read more : Trying to conceive and Copaxone | Views : 10852 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Copaxone

Tovaxin II b Clinical Trial

oo
Read more : Tovaxin II b Clinical Trial | Views : 2685 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

Pain

Just some thinking (and writing) out loud.

My low back hurts bad today, I can’t think straight. It feels like a nail is being driven into it. Nothing has helped much. I guess I’ll cancel some more plans.

I’ve always been able to fair pretty well in chaos. I’ve never experienced anything like this though. It defies reason. I have to find a way to co-exist with this thing called ms. It’s been 6 years ...
Read more : Pain | Views : 2139 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Daily Life

Stress

I found this particularly interesting since my neurologist said stress played no part in relapses. I have to admit though that reading these Pub Med articles sometimes make me feel like they are written in another language. You think they are proving one point only to state something different at the end. Maybe I should have stayed in college :D

Relationship between stress and relapse in ...
Read more : Stress | Views : 1191 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Headaches and Interferons

Yet another thing to look forward to :D

Interferon treatment may trigger primary headaches in multiple sclerosis patients.

La Mantia L, D'Amico D, Rigamonti A, Mascoli N, Bussone G, Milanese C.

MS Center, C. Besta National Neurological Institute, Milan, 20133, Italy. msgroup@istituto-besta.it

Recent data have suggested that interferon-beta (IFN-beta) may aggravate headaches in multiple sclerosis (MS) patients. The aim of this ...
Read more : Headaches and Interferons | Views : 878 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Injection Site Immediate Bump Reactions

Hey everyone,

I am posting something that is actually happening to my fiancee. She was diagnosed with MS in October 2005, and has been taking a form of Interferon since then. First, she took Avonex which I injected for her. That did not stop exacerbations, so she switched to Rebif.

After taking Rebif for around 5 months, all of a sudden where she injects she is getting a site reaction that is immediate. It looks ...
Read more : Injection Site Immediate Bump Reactions | Views : 2470 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Rebif

Progression vs symptom relief

The posted slide show about cannabinoids raised a question I've had for a while.

I note that in discussion of, say, statins, a number of people report seeing improvements rather quickly. Same with supplements, people report VitD etc has made a real difference and they feel worse if they miss a few days.

I am, in fact, one of these people. But while symptom relief is obviously a good thing, it doesn't mean that progression ...
Read more : Progression vs symptom relief | Views : 839 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Cannabinoid Research Info

Hi all

Here's a clever (IMO) and understandable presentation (pdf) on some of the research about marijuana and MS from the MS Care Conference in June.

The Present: Marijuana, Cannabinoids and MS by Claude Vaney, M.D.

Whether or not it's neuroprotective seems to be one of the outstanding questions. That would be nice. :)

Sharon
Read more : Cannabinoid Research Info | Views : 962 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216468 • Total topics 22115 • Total members 13908