It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:47 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Read more : . | Views : 1887 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

spasms

The spasms I have in my legs are getting worse my right leg mostly jumps all day long; it is jumping as I write this. Also when I straiten my legs or stand up they hyper extend at my knees and spasm badly in my calves, it is very painful. I have baclofen but it seems in order for it to help I have to take so much that it leaves me useless and unable ...
Read more : spasms | Views : 4621 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Daily Life

Me me me meeeeee

I've already rudely shouldered my way into the forum but I thought I'd better introduce myself.

I'm Catherine, 28 yrs old in Toronto, just married in August.

I was dx unofficially last November, officially in January 07. I was a lucky one - woke up one morning with no sensation on my right side. Went to the ER, lots of worry and drama, blah blah blah, eventually had a vertigo attack, then came out three ...
Read more : Me me me meeeeee | Views : 1584 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

To call or not to call...

This a typical "should I call my neurologist?" question.

I've been on Rebif nine months now. Yesterday I started a brand new symptom, and while it isn't that bad a symptom, it is new.

My left thigh is getting waves of tingles non-stop. Very annoying but harmless.

Is this something I call the neurologist for to get steroids, or do I just mark it in my book and tell him about it at my annual ...
Read more : To call or not to call... | Views : 1723 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Daily Life

Any second timers?

I posted elsewhere that my neuro wants to re-titrate me on Rebif after my liver enzymes come back down. Is there anyone else that has done this? How is it going if so? How long did it take for them to come back to normal? Any info is appreciated!!!
Thanks a bunch,
Kelli
Read more : Any second timers? | Views : 2710 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Rebif

ACP

Good to see the Accelerated Cure Project repository is being used to good effect.

Gene Logic Identifies Gene Expression Patterns Associated with Multiple Sclerosis in Blood Cells 26 October 2007

Company Is Collaborating with Accelerated Cure Project for Follow-On Studies Using Blood Samples.

Gene Logic Inc.announced today that it has identified gene expression patterns in white blood cells (WBC) that are statistically associated with multiple sclerosis (MS), a disease of the central nervous system ...
Read more : ACP | Views : 888 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Another New Topic? Arron?

You kicked but on the Revimmune one, so I got another question for you. I use a device called the Walkaide. If you want to look into it please check out my site at www.chrishasms.com or www.walkaide.com I use this device and it's for folks with foot drop. It's given me back a huge portion of my life, and I would love for ...
Read more : Another New Topic? Arron? | Views : 9542 | Replies : 20 | Forum : Suggestions

Interleukin-1

Whenever injury occurs to brain tissue inflammation occurs in response, (and "injury" can include neurodegeneration – neurons dying due to some other cause), IL – 1 is activated and appears to prolong and enhance the inflammation to the point where it becomes damaging. Inhibiting it using IL – 1 RA might be a way to minimize the damage:

Biochem Soc Trans. 2007 Oct;35(Pt 5):1122-6
Authors: Simi A, Tsakiri N, Wang P, Rothwell NJ
Inflammation occurs ...
Read more : Interleukin-1 | Views : 878 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Spironolactone - any affect on MS

I used to take spironolactone for my skin but quit back in August of 2006 when I was diagnosed. I have done a google search but haven't found any info about it's possible affects on MS. Does anyone have any comments on it's use and if it affected their condition in any way? I would like to go back on it since it really works to keep my skin clear.

Any opinions would be helpful. ...
Read more : Spironolactone - any affect on MS | Views : 1598 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

physio

the therapist said i should be standing at Christmas
the muscles are all there and they move when i tell them too
i'm sooo excited but still feel like crap
oh well
good with the bad
shell
Read more : physio | Views : 2281 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Antibiotics

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 226242 • Total topics 23792 • Total members 15094

Contact us | Terms of Service