It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:06 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Hello from Califonia

Hi everyone,

My name is Sarah and I am a 26 year old mom of two, a 7 year old son and an almost 2 year old daughter. She's the cutie in the picture but don't be fooled by the sweet exterior, that girls got one HOT attitude. LOL!

I am married to a wonderful man who is a Pilot in the Army and we are currently stationed in CA. I work from home running ...
Read more : Hello from Califonia | Views : 1132 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Bracing to get the diagnosis.

WEll,

maybe some of you remember my earlier posts. I was pretty concerned that my girlfriend was showing some symptoms of MS and came here to try and get some more info....

Since the posts, things are closer to being figured out. SHe had an MRI (w/o contrast) because it was initally to figure out headaches (not due to suspected MS). The results are in and she has an appt in a week or so. ...
Read more : Bracing to get the diagnosis. | Views : 1615 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

valsalva maneuver, posture

Since I don't think I will be having surgery anytime really soon, I have been poking around a bit seeing what I could learn about how posture might affect the ability of the jugular veins to drain the brain - with the notion that certain positions might be problematic (specifically wondering about computer-hunch position, but havent found any answers on that yet)

I'm finding some interesting stuff about how the jugulars collapse in normal people ...
Read more : valsalva maneuver, posture | Views : 2266 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Read more : 123 | Views : 1559 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Collateral Veins

One of the terms we will hear often in the discussion of CCSVI is "collateral veins." I thought it was important to start a thread regarding how these veins function in jugular and azygos blockage.

collateral veins are produced by your body when it is not getting sufficient circulation from a part of the body. If a part of your body is not returning blood back to the heart from a specific vein, your body ...
Read more : Collateral Veins | Views : 4167 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

hi, all. newbie

hi all. i am new. this is a wonderful place. great job admins:) i'm 33 and have been ms'n it for about 6 years, since shortly after my daughters birth. i've been on all the interferons and copaxone with yucky effect. so i'm signed on to participate in the campath/rebiff trial starting on the 15th. hoping for the campath, b/c i hate rebiff with a passion. i'm married for almost 11 years, have a nine ...
Read more : hi, all. newbie | Views : 1267 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

i need to vent

apparently it is only ok to be handicapped if you are old. yesterday i did my grocery shopping and could barely make it back to my van, limping along hanging on the cart more than trying to steer the dang thing. so yes, i am parked in the HC spot, and yes, i have a damn placard. this elderly couple just stops and glares at me watching me try to unload these groceries into the ...
Read more : i need to vent | Views : 6259 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Daily Life

Holly at Stanford

Hi Holly, Your turn today! Sharon said you had an older computer and she would be checking in for you, so I wanted to make sure have your own cyber waiting room filled with good wishes for you. Good luck with your tests. Here's to Dr. Dake finding your problem and fixing it. We'll be waiting anxiously to hear from you.
N
Read more : Holly at Stanford | Views : 12734 | Replies : 82 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Checklist for blood tests ?

I'd really like to be clear and assertive when I see my doctor, and make sure I get all the right blood tests to identify possible vitamin or mineral deficiencies. Has there ever been a post on thisisms with a list of all the important blood tests, or, could someone suggest a list? I want to test for urice acid, vitamin d etc but, it seems some kinds of tests are better than others.
Read more : Checklist for blood tests ? | Views : 1254 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240155 • Total topics 26239 • Total members 17480

Contact us | Terms of Service