It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:53 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

hjtjtrjt

trhrh
Read more : hjtjtrjt | Views : 6978 | Replies : 66 | Forum : General Discussion

Is MS spine related?

I've been researching. My neck cracks uncontrollably...since I was diagnosed in 07. Neuros told me it was normal, which it CLEARLY is not. So I researched and found this website. "www.ms-cure.com"
of course thats my new thing now. Chiro took xrays and it showed severe c1 and c2 misalignment to the right and loss of neck curve. All my symtoms are on the right side of my body. I've been going for a month now ...
Read more : Is MS spine related? | Views : 2439 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Osteopenia

I went in for my bi-annual bone density test aka bone scan. Even though for the past 2.5 years I have taken a calcium supplement with vitamin D plus two additional vitamin D tablets (2000 iu's each), plus a multi-vitamin containing both every day I still had an additional 4.5% bone loss since the last scan.

The doctor indicated that my body may not be able to absorb these substances properly. She said a blood ...
Read more : Osteopenia | Views : 2076 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Depression and MS

I am sure depression has been a topic of discussion many times before on this board. But, with the dark cold months on winter fast approaching I wonder how many of us with MS face special challenges? I know I seem to be effected more by depression in the winter. How do others deal with this? Meds? Run off to warm sunny places for mid winter vacations? Although I have read it time and time ...
Read more : Depression and MS | Views : 1791 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Study: Status after discontinuation of Tysabri treatment

RESULTS:
With regard to clinical disease activity, neuroimaging, and immune responses, the majority of patients in our cohort were stable. Decreased lymphocyte cell numbers and altered cell ratios returned to normal 14 months after cessation of natalizumab. No infectious complications were observed.

Link

--Frank

MS and gender

Hopefully some of the research presented at the conference will get published in the near future.

Environment may cause increase in Multiple Sclerosis among women only - 18 November 2008

Gender has become a dominant factor in Multiple Sclerosis (MS) during the last decades. Already with a ratio of 3.2 to 1 MS is gradually changing into a disease predominantly among women. Since genetic factors can be ruled out as a cause of this ...
Read more : MS and gender | Views : 1657 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

15th infuson not good!

I would like to hear from anyone else who has had this problem with an infuson.I took my 15th infusion at the end of Oct.I got in my house that night and I could barely make it through the door.I was so weak and dragging.Well in the 2 weeks after that it was anightmare,stabbing severe pain in joints behind eyes in different places where I never had pain.I can barely walk still all I can ...
Read more : 15th infuson not good! | Views : 2534 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

New to MS

Hi,

I'm new to the world of MS and prior to my diagnosis I was a pretty active guy. I'm the guy who carries 20 bags of groceries up the stairs with his 3 year old on his shoulders - if you know what I mean.

I'm finding it hard to that these days. In fact, I'm finding that every time I do anything remotely "active" (a brisk walk, a 20 foot run for the ...
Read more : New to MS | Views : 1910 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235135 • Total topics 25372 • Total members 16581

Contact us | Terms of Service