It is currently Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:13 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Alpha Lipoic Acid

I have mislaid a link taking one to a cheap provider of alpha lipoic acid. I note that this supplement is said to inhibit the expression of ICAM and VCAM in CNS endothelial cells. These assist the migration of T cells across the bbb. I think. Anyway I'm planning on increasing the quantity of alpha lipoic acid to several grams a day but Solgar is a total rip off. Any suggestions?
Read more : Alpha Lipoic Acid | Views : 2425 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Natural Approach

High Tech Device Helps Foot Drop Patients Walk Normally

Has anyone heard or seen anything about this device?

gwa

High-Tech Device Helps Stroke Patients Walk Normally - Electrical Stimulation Technology Gives Patients Control Of Foot And Leg Muscles
16 Sep 2008

(Among stroke survivors and patients suffering from other neurological or muscular disorders, one common difficulty they face is foot drop, a partial leg paralysis that prevents the foot from lifting. Foot drop causes instability and difficulty walking. Now, Rush University Medical Center is ...
Read more : High Tech Device Helps Foot Drop Patients Walk Normally | Views : 2081 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Hello from the Garden State!

Hi Everyone,

Well, I was diagnosed with MS three weeks ago this upcoming Thursday. It started with Optic Neuritis and you could have blew me over with a feather when the Opthamologist said "you know, I want you go to go a neurologist. This could be MS." Well, after plenty of testing, MRI, etc. I met with the neurologist (after an initial meeting) and in 10 minutes found out I had MS, what the pros ...
Read more : Hello from the Garden State! | Views : 1441 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Anyone "heavy" on Avonex?

Hey Everyone,

I'm definitely overweight and I'll be starting Avonex soon. Anyone else on here have a little extra "junk in the trunk" hahaha and how do you do with your Avonex shot? Where do you take your shot?

:-)
El
Read more : Anyone "heavy" on Avonex? | Views : 2304 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Avonex

Rituxan News

Here's some recent news regarding Rituxan...

FDA cites brain virus with Genentech, Biogen drug
FDA alerts doctors to fatal case of rare brain virus in patient taking Rituxan
September 11, 2008: 04:39 PM EST

NEW YORK (Associated Press) - Federal regulators said Thursday one case of a deadly brain infection has been reported in a patient taking Genentech and Biogen Idec's blockbuster arthritis and cancer drug Rituxan.

The Food and Drug Administration said the woman ...
Read more : Rituxan News | Views : 1311 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

I Feel Stupid!!!

I consider myself to be fairly bright, did ok on the SATS, did well in college and so on...

When Brian was diagnosed with MS this year I became the "researcher". I've looked into everything. Investigated all the treatment options, looked into new diets, asked for help in determining good vitamins and other supplements, but I just can't wrap my mind around the treatment studies. I get lost with the numbers and confusing statistics.

I ...
Read more : I Feel Stupid!!! | Views : 2172 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Copaxone

Requesting Constructive Opinions/Insights

if nobody minds, i thought i'd repost this entry to perhaps get more thoughts on the pickle i'm in.
----------------------------------------------

thanks so much, guys. so i gather from what you write that i should be able to get steroids immediately after procurement and it won't affect my vaccine schedule one bit, right? and a few other questions:
*does anyone know if a 3 day course of steroids is as good as a 5 day course? ...
Read more : Requesting Constructive Opinions/Insights | Views : 1845 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

High Dose Cyclophosphamide Papers

Three papers which Leon posted in another thread.

They make for very interesting reading.

Perhaps this thread should be sticky? I found them very useful

http://www.usaupload.net/d/q516xravig8

1. Multiple sclerosis: long-term remission after a high dose of cyclophosphamide

2 High dose cyclophosphamide preferentially targets naïve T (CD45/CD4/RA+) cells in CIDP and MS patients

3 Reduction of Disease Activity and Disability With High-Dose
Cyclophosphamide in Patients With Aggressive Multiple Sclerosis
Read more : High Dose Cyclophosphamide Papers | Views : 1840 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Puffy lower eyelids and sunken eyes from Rebif

So I noticed my lower eyelids were so puffy suddenly in March..I thought it was a thyroid problem so I went to the doctor and he said my liver enzymes were high (from blood tests). I got another blood test a month later and they were back to normal, but my eyes got worse. They are still puffy and now sunken in. I got so depressed and I wouldn't smile because I had these horrible ...
Read more : Puffy lower eyelids and sunken eyes from Rebif | Views : 3462 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Rebif

MS treatment of 1950's

Through someone's post here (sorry, I forget who that was) I came across this site: http://www.goldwarp.com/MultipleSclerosisStudies/index.html and I found this info especially interesting: http://www.goldwarp.com/MultipleSclerosisStudies/mgdeficiency.html because of these lines:
Finally, we must recall the therapeutic benefit of central nervous system vasodilators in MS patients, pioneered by Bayard Horton of the Mayo Clinic, tested on acute MS symptoms for 14 years by Brickner, considered the treatment of choice for MS by most physicians during the 1950s, and proved ...
Read more : MS treatment of 1950's | Views : 4393 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233911 • Total topics 25124 • Total members 16303

Contact us | Terms of Service