It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:03 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

New Rebif formulation Phase IIIb Results

I looked for a post of these, but couldn't find it here.

Results From IMPROVE Study Show Therapeutic Effect of New Formulation of Rebif(R) at 16 Weeks in Patients With Multiple Sclerosis
Date:9/21/2008

-- Study meets primary endpoint by demonstrating significant effect of new formulation of Rebif(R) on disease activity as measured by MRI after 16 weeks of treatment

-- Data presented at late-breaking session of the World Congress on

Treatment and Research in Multiple ...
Read more : New Rebif formulation Phase IIIb Results | Views : 3038 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Hello from Ohio

Hello - I'm Rebecca and I'm from Ohio. After almost a decade, I've decided to re-investigate MS for my mom online. She's been on Avonex for about that long, but in the last couple of weeks, she's felt tingling where she hasn't felt it before. I'm interested in anything else that may help her or ease her suffering.
Read more : Hello from Ohio | Views : 1437 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Bee Venom and Avonex

Does anyone out there have experience with bee venom therapy while still taking Avonex? I've been researching this online and I've talked to a couple of people who use bee venom, but none with MS. Here's what I saw online:

Q: Can I do BVT in conjunction with taking conventional medications for MS?
A: Any medication will most likely slow the benefits seen using BVT. However, if you are taking a medication that cannot be ...
Read more : Bee Venom and Avonex | Views : 1437 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Natural Approach

Tovaxin phase II failure

Hi all. My name is Ed. I have a sister with MS and I was e-mailing Chris about HiCy when I mentioned to him that I was following Tovaxin also.

If we all take a step back from the emotion surrounding Tovaxin -- believe me, I carry my sister in my heart every single day -- the only rational conclusion you can come to is that Tovaxin, at best, does not work ("no statistical difference ...
Read more : Tovaxin phase II failure | Views : 5802 | Replies : 23 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Hypercoagulation

Still searching for answers in the blood...new results-
Jeff's SED rate is high, prothrombin time is quick, meaning his blood coagulates fast. His lymphs % is low, as well as WBCs.
What does all this mean? He has hypercoagulation. Sticky blood. Time to take some aspirin.

I was SURPRISED to learn he had never been tested for Hughes Syndrome, or antiphospholid syndrome, which is a differential diagnosis for MS. Could it be his neuro never ...
Read more : Hypercoagulation | Views : 5667 | Replies : 33 | Forum : General Discussion

Disability

Well the time has come for me to start investigating long term SSDI. I don't want it to be obviously, but between no strength, no energy, having to cath., being confused, I don't know how much more work I can do. I would like to know how to get the ball rolling on disability from anyone who has went through that ringer. Any feedback or helpful hints on how to start the process would be ...
Read more : Disability | Views : 2239 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Nintendo Wii as therapy treatment?

I read some articles (such as http://www.telegraph.co.uk/connected/ma ... wii111.xml ) that present the nintendo wii consolle ad a mean to do positive exercises and have good effect on phisycal condition in people affected by neurological stuffs, even ms.
is there someone who tried it? I mean, I was thinking about buying it for my boyfriend who is a "ms guy", but I'd like to here from someone who experimented ...
Read more : Nintendo Wii as therapy treatment? | Views : 3333 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General Discussion

A big coincidence?

After looking at the results of the last trial I think it is a strange coincidence that Tim (who has strong ties with Opexa) benefited so much from Tovaxin.
Read more : A big coincidence? | Views : 4832 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

One reason why I distrust MS Big Pharma

Those who have read my posts over the years are familiar with my distrust of Big Pharma when it comes to the world of MS medications. The following published articles are but one reason why I have this opinion.

The first article was written by Dr. A. N. Wilner.

Glatiramer Acetate Reduces Relapses With Lower Cost in Patients With Multiple Sclerosis: Presented at ANA

By Andrew N. Wilner, MD

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah -- ...
Read more : One reason why I distrust MS Big Pharma | Views : 1610 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

My daughter

I am a bit concerned about my daughter. I have not allowed myself to panic, but I am starting to wonder if my 22 year old daughter might have MS.
Over the last two months or so, what she has told me is this...
Went to a club one night and her leg went numb for the evening. She could hardly walk and didn't dance at all.
Arms (both) went tingly- numb a few days ...
Read more : My daughter | Views : 1458 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 234284 • Total topics 25195 • Total members 16413

Contact us | Terms of Service