It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:21 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Extended deadline to contribute your recipes and tips

We are making a cookbook. If you would like to contribute a recipe, please continue reading.

Accelerated Cure Project is collecting favorite recipes and MS tips to be published in a cookbook. The proceeds from the cookbook will benefit Accelerated Cure Project’s mission to determine the causes of MS. If you are interested in submitting a recipe and short tip or saying relevant to living with MS, please adhere to the following instructions:

o Space ...
Read more : Extended deadline to contribute your recipes and tips | Views : 1335 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Daily Life

Again not MS but certainly related

:lol: :lol: I'm sure this Dr. must have read some of my ramblings on gut flora and correcting Johns as this is exactly the path John and I started on when they said the MS word in 2005. Leaky gut although not official diagnosed was one of John major problems at that time so we decided to eliminate food ...
Read more : Again not MS but certainly related | Views : 1194 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Not about MS but really interesting

Not about MS but really interesting how they are now looking more closely to diet when looking at healing our bodies. Watch the movie"An Inconvenient Truth" it's a documentary with AL Gore and the time lines that they establish for when and where things started to go seriously wrong are much the same time lines when disease's started to appear more frequently. Industrialization as well genetically modifying and a host of other's are all caused ...
Read more : Not about MS but really interesting | Views : 1284 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Another article

This one is interesting as it mentions the use of stem cells for Lupus - looks like a stem cell treatment for this disease has been going on for some time.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j715043969&w=464753
Read more : Another article | Views : 1477 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Stem Cells

Stem cell research

Bit on MS is about three-quarters of the way down but is encouraging, particularly given that similar work is also being undertaken in the UK, Europe, Canada, NZ and Australia. My guess is that human trials will begin (somewhere) within 1-2 years, there will be some glitches, but treatments might be available within 5-7 years.

The news from the Charcot Foundation is encouraging as it is a very well respected organisation and Professor Neil Scolding ...
Read more : Stem cell research | Views : 1500 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Stem Cells

Tovaxin Trial Progress

Hi Everybody,

I had my sign up appointment today. My procurement and baseline visit will be December 29th. My doctor explained everything quite well. One thing I was not aware of is, if I do get the placebo, and things start to get bad with the MS, I can be treated with steroids or even have other treatment if necessary and stay in the trial. I would not want to do that, but it is ...
Read more : Tovaxin Trial Progress | Views : 10841 | Replies : 91 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Stem Cells

I post it in Drug pipeline by error and also here because I think it gives good vibrations

Take a look at this interesting trial.

"Stem Cell Therapy In Multiple Sclerosis - Now It Is Time To Really Start"

http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseact ... N=50664116

Rita
Read more : Stem Cells | Views : 762 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Stem Cells

Take a look at this interesting trial.

"Stem Cell Therapy In Multiple Sclerosis - Now It Is Time To Really Start"

http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseact ... N=50664116

Rita
Read more : Stem Cells | Views : 1349 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Stem Cell Therapy... Now?

Stem Cell Therapy In Multiple Sclerosis - Now It Is Time To Really Start
Main Category: Multiple Sclerosis News
Article Date: 24 Nov 2006 - 0:00am (PST)
Stem Cell Research

Clinical research with human stem cells to repair brain damage in MS patients should be intensified. Although not unanimously, this was the main conclusion of an international medical scientific conference on MS and stem cell therapy in Italy today, organised by the independent European Charcot ...
Read more : Stem Cell Therapy... Now? | Views : 2325 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Stem Cells

New trial of MBP8298 for RRMS

This just in...

BioMS Medical commences enrolment in a relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis trial

November 23 / CNW / - BioMS Medical today announced that the first patients have been enrolled in its placebo controlled multi-center Phase II clinical trial of MBP8298 for the treatment of relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS).

"This is a major milestone in our strategy to advance our lead drug into a second indication," said Mr. Kevin Giese, President of BioMS ...
Read more : New trial of MBP8298 for RRMS | Views : 1213 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218652 • Total topics 22530 • Total members 14176