It is currently Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:21 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Three weeks after Campath

where to begin?

Well physically things are okay.

I am definitely having a flare up. I guess the fact that I expected it, makes it a little easier to swallow. My flare ups are almost always centered around Optic Neuritis. And for the past week, my vision has been its worst since my diagnosis. Usually it only affects one eye severely (usually my right eye). However the past few weeks, both eyes have been affected ...
Read more : Three weeks after Campath | Views : 2558 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Injuring yourself....via MS...

Soo...since my first attack in late Dec 2007, I've been ok....just waiting for my June MRI (for full diagnosis or to continue to wait).

I injured my knee at work about two weeks ago. I (work in a hospital in radiology) was bringing a patient down for a study. I filed a workmans comp claim and recently started physical therapy to try and get the knee back in shape. I had a consultation where we ...
Read more : Injuring yourself....via MS... | Views : 1237 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

how did you get abx prescribed?

Hi,

I have a question for those of you who are using antibiotics. The more I read, the more hopeful I am, but then I get discouraged thinking about how few doctors are on board with this-- especially for treating patients early in the RR stage of MS. I'm not comfortable with ordering them online without the support of a doctor. So, I'm curious did most of you:

Go to a doctor armed with information, ...
Read more : how did you get abx prescribed? | Views : 2754 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Antibiotics

Teva sclerosis drug shows positive data

Teva sclerosis drug shows positive data

JERUSALEM (AP) - Israeli drug maker Teva Pharmaceutical Industries (NASDAQ:TEVA) Inc. said Thursday a three-year study of its multiple sclerosis drug showed slower disease progression and fewer relapses in patients who did not respond to other treatments.

The three-year study showed patients who switched to Teva's Copaxone after failing treatment with a standard interferon drug experienced 77 percent fewer relapses of their disease. Patients switched among different interferon drugs ...
Read more : Teva sclerosis drug shows positive data | Views : 3187 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Copaxone

Muscle aches

Does anyone have muscle aches? I read a lot about how people with MS have joint pain and nerve pain. But I dont have that, This is something kind of new, it started with my last relapse a little and came back a week ago. It's just my muscles that ache all ove rmy body.

I did think it might be the directic I started taking recently taking for my BP, but I wasnt taking ...
Read more : Muscle aches | Views : 2194 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

How Long Does Inflammation Last?

Hi Guys

Quick pick of the brains & experience here, if that is ok?
Background: MS diagnosed in 1999 - mild relapses periodically up until 2006.

Had bad relapse in nov 2006 & I had an MRI of brain and spine in Dec 2006 - result:

one non-enhancing lesion in c-spine at c2;
Three non-enhancing lesions in brain, one glad-enhancing lesion in brain;
Two glad-enhancing lesions in c-spine at c3-c4 (inflammation here caused bulging of ...
Read more : How Long Does Inflammation Last? | Views : 8001 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

question re surgery

Hello, my sister has MS and I visit your site from time to time. I am not very computer techno savy so plse bear with me if I have sent this to the wrong place. My sister was diagnosed 2 years ago and has had a pretty challenging time with her MS. She suffers from a variety of symptoms and manages but not without some difficulty at times--- as I am sure you can all ...
Read more : question re surgery | Views : 1578 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Devics disease

I assume this subject has come up before but I thought it may be worth a re-visit. More than a few in my local MS chapter have been re-diagnosed with Devics and not MS. I had never even heard of this disease before. The Mayo clinic seems to be the front-runner in diagnosis and treatment of Devics. It may be worth some investigation for a lot of "diagnosed as MS" patients.
Lars
Read more : Devics disease | Views : 2073 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Cedars-Sinai event - anyone go?

I wish I had known about this day about MS held at Cedars-Sinai (Los Angeles). I would certainly have gone.

http://www.cedars-sinai.com/13124.html

I wonder if the 'celebrity guest' was Montel Williams.

Does anyone know about the MS program at Cedars?

Jack Sprat
Read more : Cedars-Sinai event - anyone go? | Views : 1149 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 230454 • Total topics 24480 • Total members 15710

Contact us | Terms of Service