It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:45 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

PT Schedule

Mon AM- Water 45 min
Mon PM- Bowflex

Tues AM- Land gait training 45 min
Tues PM- Bowflex

Wed AM- Water 45 min
Wed PM- Bowflex

Thurs AM-Water 45min
Thurs PM- Bowlflex

Fri AM- Land gait training 45 min
Fri PM-Bowflex

This is my PT schedule until the 1st week of June. Remember, we are trying to have me walking without my cane for the 25 foot walk by June and by September maybe we ...
Read more : PT Schedule | Views : 3037 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

block option

Just curious is there an option here to block certain members?
Read more : block option | Views : 1252 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Site Support

50% Anger, 50% Denial

I'm a 41 year old female with a wonderfully supportive husband and teenage son. I was diagnosed in Jan of this year after being blindsided (pun intended) by ON. Yeah, I'd heard of MS (it was the one I always got mixed up with MD) but I didn't know the first thing about it.
In February (when I could finally read a paragraph in under 2 minutes), I found this forum and I thought "no, ...
Read more : 50% Anger, 50% Denial | Views : 1492 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Infusion #1

My first infusion was uneventful.

The next day I had a round of non stop crying for about an hour in the A. M. and my skin is a bit flushed. 8O

But, I feel fine. So much better than Rebif.

CF
Read more : Infusion #1 | Views : 1748 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

~~GALLBLADDER OUT MONDAY A.M.~~~

I have not been here in a bit. Sorry for being out of touch.

MS is stable for now. Im not on any meds for MS.

I have been battling a bad gallbladder for awhile now and I lost the battle

I have surgery Monday a.m.

How many have had their's out?? Any advice..

Im a Nurse and have been through hell with MS but Im scared to death of the O.R. silly as that ...
Read more : ~~GALLBLADDER OUT MONDAY A.M.~~~ | Views : 1631 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

people just don't understand...

So i've been fighting with my friends all weekend... which is never good.

I've been exhausted for the last 3 weeks and this weekend i really just wanted to sleep in and lounge on the couch watching a movie/napping.

My roomate just stated to me that i'm being lazy and that i should get up and go outside... and when i try to explain to him about being this tired... he just doesn't get it. ...
Read more : people just don't understand... | Views : 5444 | Replies : 30 | Forum : General Discussion

Amitriptyline users?

Just wondering were any of you on amitriptyline for nerve pain and then tried another drug for it? I am keen to explore options for nerve pain because of how tired ami makes me feel.

I've been on low dose amitriptyline 25mg since last Sept after my relapse really increased my right-sided nerve pain.

I have done really well on ami. Pain decreased, sleep better and all that.
I don't like how tired I am ...
Read more : Amitriptyline users? | Views : 1767 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Millions of MSers

I listened to Elaine DeLack's online talk about MS and prokarin and she said something interesting to me: That Montel WIlliams had paid for a Gallup poll to see how many MSers there are and the number was high, if I remember right 1.5 million?

Chris recently made reference to a high number like that too.

As far as I know the official numbers are still much lower, like 400,000.

Can anyone shed any light ...
Read more : Millions of MSers | Views : 1830 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

23/M possible MS? Scared..

Hey guys, I have noticed this for the past couple of years but haven't dealt with it, because in the back of my mind thought I had parkinson's disease or MS or something. I'm a sort of hypochondriac that thinks I have lots of things. However, tonight while I was holding a piece of paper in my hand with my thumb and middle finger, my middle finger just started twitching uncontrollably. It only happened when ...
Read more : 23/M possible MS? Scared.. | Views : 2413 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Three years- what I have learned

April 1, 2006 is the date I consider the beginning of my MS trek. That was not the day of my first symptom nor the day of my diagnosis, but the day I really knew something was wrong. Lew, I thought I'd copy your daily posts in a way, and for a while, post some of the things I've learned in this three years.

First
I have learned that there should never be a period ...
Read more : Three years- what I have learned | Views : 5721 | Replies : 31 | Forum : Daily Life

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 238911 • Total topics 26048 • Total members 17318

Contact us | Terms of Service