It is currently Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:15 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Campath - Final day

My final infusion is complete and I just got back home from the doctors office. Everything seems fine...just as it has all week. Looking back over the week I think the most difficult part was sitting in the office for the six hours each day trying to figure out how to pass the time. The staff at the office was awesome so I was as comfortable as I could have been for the infusions. No ...
Read more : Campath - Final day | Views : 1488 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

The correlation of smoking and disease progression

There's a new study just released claiming "Smoking worsens the prognosis in multiple sclerosis". I don't see how they can conclude that smoking worsens MS from this study. (correlation does not imply causation etc.). Any thoughts?
Read more : The correlation of smoking and disease progression | Views : 2023 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

I can run!

It may seem like a funny thing to get excited about but I haven't been able to run since 2002-3. At times a slow shuffle was the best I could manage.

Recovering enough to be able to run again always seemed to be out of reach.

Today I got caught in a sharp, heavy rain shower. Without thinking about it I just took off for cover. It was only when I was out of the ...
Read more : I can run! | Views : 8567 | Replies : 26 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Continence care products

Hi everyone,

I’m hoping there may be some visitors to this forum who would be interested in helping to develop the next generation of bladder / bowel continence care products. If you think this could be you, you are based in the US and are over 18, please read on.

I’m seeking a small number of people who live with MS and who use continence care products for bladder management, bowel management, or both. We’re ...
Read more : Continence care products | Views : 2308 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Medical Devices

Worms for Bob!

Just because Bromley's been teasing you, Bob...and I wanted to show folks that you and Dr. Fleming are on to something.

University of Wisconsin study is still recruiting!
HINT MS STUDY
For more information:
Andrea Maser
UW School of Medicine & Public Health
Phone (608) 265-6544
Pager (608) 265-7000 x5553

"It is very exciting!" exclaims Dr. John Fleming, "It's the first time in the world that it's been tried in a systematic way with Multiple ...
Read more : Worms for Bob! | Views : 5118 | Replies : 33 | Forum : General Discussion

Finished treatment! Heading home

Hi everyone,

Just an update...

Today was Day 11 post chemo and I was discharged from IPOP. I'm done!

Well, tomorrow - Friday morning - I will have the Hickman removed....and I'm flying home on Saturday morning.

Knocking on wood that nothing changes, I pretty much sailed through this process. I can't believe it. I still don't believe I had chemo. It is unreal. My hair is finally starting to fall out (when I run ...
Read more : Finished treatment! Heading home | Views : 1540 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Campath - Day 4

Today started off with an 80mg push of steroids and then on to the 4 hour campath drip. Everything seems to be going great so far. Tomorrow is the last of the infusions for the first round.
Read more : Campath - Day 4 | Views : 1573 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

accupuncture for ms fatigue....

hi,im new to this forum.

I have been battleing fatigue for 3 years,and my neuro denied me provigil.
So I was forced to take my own action agianst the fatigue.
Ive been doing B-12 shots for 2 years,once a month.
but just today,I asked if there was anything else my homeopatic dr could do to help with the overwhelming fatigue,and there is.
She did a 15 minute session of accupuncture.
I do see a huge ...
Read more : accupuncture for ms fatigue.... | Views : 1320 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

got a call from JH today

Hey all

I got a call from JH today from Mary. She said she had to call me back tommorow but set a tenative date into januray. holy smokes!

Anyway, I was reading. One of the risks is congestive heart failure. This can happen weeks after the chemo. I was wondering for those of you who went through this before what tests do they run to hopefully prevent this from happening?
Read more : got a call from JH today | Views : 1193 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232920 • Total topics 24941 • Total members 16079

Contact us | Terms of Service