It is currently Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:57 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

FTY 720 Trial for PPMS Shaping Up?

Does anyone know if Novartis has published the protocol for the arm of the FTY 720 study involving primary progressive patients? Where I can look it up? The trial should start recruiting in January so surely the information is somewhere!

PS: Do you guys agree the research looks good?
Read more : FTY 720 Trial for PPMS Shaping Up? | Views : 3776 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Southfield workshop uses yoga to ease MS

"Krentzin credits the yoga class with improving her balance and reducing her fatigue and pain. Multiple sclerosis is a chronic neurological disease that affects the central nervous system.

"So many people think they can't do this, but they can," Krentzin said. "For me to be able to do this is a big thing."

Link
Read more : Southfield workshop uses yoga to ease MS | Views : 1088 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Peer review process

(This is somewhat off-topic from the original thread "EBV and MS" so I moved it out.)

Bob,

Regarding the peer review process: Arrr!!! Me thinks you have some misgivings about the pirates' code!

Some might think of it as a necessary evil, but overall it works well. What would be the alternatives? You have a boiling pot of good and bad science, big egos versus bigger egos, lots of time and careers invested with publication ...
Read more : Peer review process | Views : 1410 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Bill and Linda Gates Foundation

There are many people coming to this site that are heavily involved in trying to find decent treatments or a cure for this disease.

I am curious if any attempts have been made to get the Gates Foundation to contribute dollars towards MS research.

From what I have seen, the Gates are interested in funding projects for diseases that have too small of a patient load and are therefore not money makers for big pharma ...
Read more : Bill and Linda Gates Foundation | Views : 1450 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

'encephalomyelitis disseminata' or 'disseminated sclerosis'?

I have never heard MS referred as such.
Multiple sclerosis (often abbreviated to just 'MS' but also known as 'encephalomyelitis disseminata' or 'disseminated sclerosis') is an inflammatory disease that affects the neurons in the brain and spinal cord that carry information through the central nervous system.
http://www.helium.com/tm/173390/multiple-sclerosis-often-abbreviated
Read more : 'encephalomyelitis disseminata' or 'disseminated sclerosis'? | Views : 1477 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

A little good news

Hi all,

I just wanted to say I received my neuro report on the Brain/Spinal MRI I had last Friday and the results are encouraging. My brain appears stable (although my brother questions that :wink: ) with one lesion being less visable. This was my first spinal scan and no spinal lesions were identified.

It's been almost a year since I was diagnosed when an excerbation hit ...
Read more : A little good news | Views : 1357 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

trials?

Is there a certain amount of participants that have to be in a trial for it to be successful or to move through the phases?
Read more : trials? | Views : 1274 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

User's experience update

Hi

I haven't posted on here for quite a while. I can't quite believe that it's been 4 years since I posted. Campath seems to have come a long way since then, but has a little further to go. I understand that if all goes well with Phase III, it might be approved in 2011-12.

If anyone is still following my MS story, I've updated the site again recently.
I also notice that I originally ...
Read more : User's experience update | Views : 2299 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

A sentiment we can all get behind

This sounds like a great event. I second that emotion.

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2007/12/0610.cfm
Read more : A sentiment we can all get behind | Views : 1201 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 227146 • Total topics 23953 • Total members 15298

Contact us | Terms of Service