It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:10 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

second dose day two

I have in IV in my right wrist, so it is hard for me to type. Therefore, I not sure how long this post will be. Yesterday the infusion went ok. Although, I went into vagus shock during the IV insertion and passed out ( my blood pressure also dropped in half). But after that is was pretty smooth sailing. Kristin and I had some serious headaches. I also had a stomach ache and some ...
Read more : second dose day two | Views : 1532 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Puns for the day...

1. The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much Pi.
  2. I thought I saw an eye doctor on an Alaskan island, but it turned
    out to be an optical Aleutian.
  3. She was only a whisky maker, but he loved her still.
  4. A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class because it
    was a weapon of math disruption.
  5. No matter how much ...
Read more : Puns for the day... | Views : 1997 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Humor

Little Victory

So my car broke down today, waited 20 mins for a cab, nothin, so I decided to walk home, about 3 miles home, nice cold day, and I did it without getting out of breathe or over heated, or anything.

No Medication
No alt Medication
One three mile hike

-might get a bike and ride to work now-
Read more : Little Victory | Views : 1382 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Experiences of LDN

HI, I am looking through all the available treatment options from Abx to antivirals, DMD's and LDN. I hope to make a decision very soon

I want to try and find out what the experiences are of people taking LDN specifically to progression. I have RRMS and understand that LDN boosts the immune system rather than suppressing it. I want to find out if people are really progressing less on LDN and having less relapses. ...
Read more : Experiences of LDN | Views : 7415 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Hi, first posting... Im scared

Hello,

Im looking for some advice or support. I am 39 this year, female, and generally healthy. Last week my right leg felt "rubbery" and I just didnt have full control over it. It started while I was on the treadmill at my gym, and my personal trainer thought that perhaps it's muscle fatigue.

A day later, my right arm started with pins and needles, and felt warm and swollen (its not swollen however). Now, ...
Read more : Hi, first posting... Im scared | Views : 1628 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

the MS liver

so, cheer and i made a date to talk ms and the liver. i don't know much about the liver yet, but here's a start:

the liver has many functions that are relevant to ms-ers.
i've looked at a few things w.r.t nutrition that involve the liver, such as d3 and uric acid for starters. i've been looking at zinc and the liver for a while, and the relationship between zinc and uric acid status. ...
Read more : the MS liver | Views : 9105 | Replies : 45 | Forum : General Discussion

Why does my BF have bad reactions to Natural sups?

Hello - I'm new here. My dear bf has MS - relapsing/remitting, but he seems to now be in a very bad episode and might have switched to progressive. Over the last year, we have been trying all kinds of natural supplements to help him. The really strange thing is that they all seem to make his symptoms worse. For instance, he tried curcumin. The first 2 days it seemed to help, but then after ...
Read more : Why does my BF have bad reactions to Natural sups? | Views : 3860 | Replies : 23 | Forum : Natural Approach

Second dose.....tomorrow

Well Kristin and I go for our second dose of Campath tomorrow. It has almost been one year to date since our last infusion. Our MRIs showed good things. No progression in mine, and I think Kristin's even showed some improvement. It has been stressful trying to prepare for tomorrow. In fact , Kristin and I both feel like we are having a mini flare up.

Yesterday I made sure to fit in some fun ...
Read more : Second dose.....tomorrow | Views : 1745 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Have you had a Lucid Dream?

I have tried LDN in the past, and it seems like it is almost like taking a sugar tablet.

I was also very interested in peoples reports of "Lucid Dreams", which I also did not experience. And so, I wondered, is there any correlation between the two?
Read more : Have you had a Lucid Dream? | Views : 3680 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

New

Can I just say that MS sucks?! Got my official diagnosis January 6th, this year. I was relieved then shocked...upset, mad, and not so sure what to think now. Maybe I'm floating into the realm of acceptance?! Do you ever really accept it?

I've only had 2 real episodes. The first was in the spring just prior to going out of town so I didn't see my doc. The second was Optic Neuritis over summer ...
Read more : New | Views : 1258 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 238539 • Total topics 25979 • Total members 17242

Contact us | Terms of Service