It is currently Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:42 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Interferons: stimulant or suppressant?

I had the unpleasure of going to a walk-in clinic a few days ago and ended up in a ridiculous argument with the Dr. as to whether interferons are an immune suppressant or stimulant.

I know there's some debate around it, but my neuro, my nurse and Serono have told me Rebif can make one susceptible to infections.

Anyway, I couldn't adequately explain to the doc why interferons are a suppressant in MS patients but ...
Read more : Interferons: stimulant or suppressant? | Views : 1609 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

MS TV programme on UK TV

A programme is being broadcast in the UK about a woman with MS. Details of the programme and the timings are provided in the link. The programme covers visits made by the woman to leading MS researchers including Professor Scolding who is overseeing an MS stem cell pilot study in humans. I only have Freeview and will have to get up at 07:00 on Sunday to see the show (no chance!). For those with access ...
Read more : MS TV programme on UK TV | Views : 4135 | Replies : 24 | Forum : General Discussion

Lesion research

MR Imaging Intensity Modeling of Damage and Repair In Multiple Sclerosis: Relationship of Short-Term Lesion Recovery to Progression and Disability 13 November 2007

BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE: Formation of lesions in multiple sclerosis (MS) shows pronounced short-term fluctuation of MR imaging hyperintensity and size, a qualitatively known but poorly characterized phenomenon. With the use of time-series modeling of MR imaging intensity, our study relates the short-term dynamics of new T2 lesion formation to those of ...
Read more : Lesion research | Views : 1101 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Good News

I've been on Rebif for 2 1/2 years. I had a follow up MRI last week (it has been 3 years since my last MRI) and my dr. called and said I had no new lesions. It would appear that the drug is working!
Read more : Good News | Views : 2786 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Rebif

Site is set up well

This site is set up very nicely and is easy for me to navigate. I just wanted to tell the site admin people this in case anyone was interested.

I like the way the subjects are available for posting into different categories, which makes it easier to go to areas of primary interest without having to scroll through a lot of stuff that would not be of interest to each person.

Good job.

gwa ...
Read more : Site is set up well | Views : 2916 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Suggestions

Life you can't afford to live

Thank you all and good luck with MS. Bowing out...
Read more : Life you can't afford to live | Views : 1938 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

BioMS update

Here is a press release from BioMS on enrollment in their US phase 3 trial for people with SPMS:

BioMS Medical achieves enrollment milestone in U.S. phase III multiple sclerosis trial

November 12 - CNW - BioMS Medical today announced that more than 133 patients have been enrolled in its MAESTRO-03 U.S. pivotal phase III clinical trial of MBP8298 for the treatment of secondary progressive multiple sclerosis (SPMS). An interim safety and efficacy analysis will ...
Read more : BioMS update | Views : 1223 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Amiloride for MS

Blood pressure drug hope for Multiple Sclerosis
12 November 2007

A drug which has been used for decades to treat high blood pressure may turn out to be a key treatment for multiple sclerosis, say British researchers.

Amiloride was found to reduce degeneration of nerve tissue in mice and the team at Oxford University are now planning a trial in MS patients.

It works by blocking the build up of high levels of calcium ...
Read more : Amiloride for MS | Views : 2719 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Sugar, testosterone and oestrogen

I thought this new discovery might have some relevance to MS: we know that the level and ratio of oestrogen to testosterone is important in neuroprotection, and finding that a diet high in sugar can destroy that balance fits in very nicely with the fact that MS seems to go hand in hand with a modernised, (and therefore high sugar), lifestyle. The only spanner in the works is that this article suggests high levels of ...
Read more : Sugar, testosterone and oestrogen | Views : 2934 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Hi Jake

I've never used the tablet method. I'm assuming that you mean people that buy the 50 mg tablet and dissolve it in water to divide into smaller doses. I have always said that if I could not get a prescription, I would go this route. I can only assume that the same result could be had with this method.
Read more : Hi Jake | Views : 2109 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 226740 • Total topics 23883 • Total members 15157

Contact us | Terms of Service