It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:21 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Potential Risk of Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy

Potential Risk of Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy With Natalizumab Therapy

Possible Interventions

Olaf Stüve, MD, PhD; Christina M. Marra, MD; Petra D. Cravens, PhD; Mahendra P. Singh, PhD; Wei Hu, MD, PhD; Amy Lovett-Racke, PhD; Nancy L. Monson, PhD; J. Theodore Phillips, MD, PhD; Jan W. Cohen Tervaert, MD, PhD; Richard A. Nash, MD; Hans-Peter Hartung, MD; Bernd C. Kieseier, MD; Michael M. Racke, MD; Elliot M. Frohman, MD, PhD; Bernhard Hemmer, MD

Arch Neurol. 2007;64:169-176. ...
Read more : Potential Risk of Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy | Views : 1035 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Determinants of Cerebral Atrophy Rate

Determinants of Cerebral Atrophy Rate at the Time of Diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis

Bas Jasperse, MD; Arjan Minneboo, MD; Vincent de Groot, MD; Nynke F. Kalkers, MD, PhD; Paul E. van Helden, MSc; Bernard M. J. Uitdehaag, MD, PhD; Frederik Barkhof, MD, PhD; Chris H. Polman, MD, PhD

Arch Neurol. 2007;64:190-194.

Objective To identify determinants visible on magnetic resonance imaging of the brain that explain the subsequent rate of cerebral atrophy in patients with recently ...
Read more : Determinants of Cerebral Atrophy Rate | Views : 822 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Inflammation may be protective

THELINKISHEREBOB

Hmm...now inflammation is a good thing :?

Dom.
Read more : Inflammation may be protective | Views : 1194 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

BBB leaks in lesions

If you can get through all the numbers and jargon in this abstract, I think it says that there is a small amount of BBB leakage in non-active lesions, and that natalizumab does nothing to stop this.

LeakyBBB
Dom.

PS Special clue for you, Bob: try clicking on the words 'leakyBBB' :D
Read more : BBB leaks in lesions | Views : 1132 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

SE NC US

Hi,
I was diagnosed in March 2005, RRMS. Like a lot of people on this site I'd had vague symptoms for years before the doctors made the official verdict. I seem to be on this weird "10-year" exacerbation schedule.
I still have lots of small things that occur, physically, but no major disability yet. I am mostly concerned with cognitive function, or what I consider the lack therof.
Began Avonex in June '06. The side ...
Read more : SE NC US | Views : 1407 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Lipoic Acid

Somewhat promising link regarding Lipoic Acid:

Lipoic acid stimulates cAMP production in T lymphocytes and NK cells.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007 Mar 2;354(1):259-64.
Read more : Lipoic Acid | Views : 1487 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

informing the DVLA for those in the UK

Here's a question for people from the UK,
Having to update a paper License, we find there is a clause where you have to mention if you have an illness which could progress to your inability to drive. How many people have let the DVLA know they are ill, is the information safe from anyone besides them finding out, and does telling them mean you have to have a driving test again?
Thanks for any ...
Read more : informing the DVLA for those in the UK | Views : 1331 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Discontinuing Tysabri due to worsening

It's great that everybody is having such good results with Ty, but I have just decided to STOP after 5 infusions, because of continued worsening of symptoms. No improvements at all... not even a tiny bit! Now, I should consider myself "lucky", since I only have leg weakness and inability to walk unaided. NO other symptoms, except poor circulation in feet due to lack of walking. I have been on a steady decline over the ...
Read more : Discontinuing Tysabri due to worsening | Views : 2541 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

negative oligoclonal bands

hi folks,

when i went through my diagnostics with my neuros (there was more then one), my CSF was negative for the oligoclonal bands...i have since read articles stating that around 10-15% of people positive for MS have this result with their CSF studies...i don't know if this is an old topic or not, but i was just wondering if anyone else also had a negative CSF...and, if so, if anyone has any info on ...
Read more : negative oligoclonal bands | Views : 3271 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General Discussion

rHIgM22 immunglobuline to build new myelin

I wanted to share that interesting article i just came across:

<shortened url>

Greets

--Frank
Read more : rHIgM22 immunglobuline to build new myelin | Views : 7366 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221014 • Total topics 22917 • Total members 14474

Contact us | Terms of Service