It is currently Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:43 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

ladies' problem and gabapentine/baclofen

Hiya,
I started gabapentine a week ago, and baclofen 2 weeks ago. Over the weekend and last night (3 nights out of 4) I have had EXTREMELY heavy bleeding. I'm not going to be course but we're talking about (apologises) flooding, not just a heavy period.

I wondered if it could be the tablets, prob gabapentine as that started more recently. I also have PCOS which means I have had this problem before, but only ...
Read more : ladies' problem and gabapentine/baclofen | Views : 4121 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General Discussion

Mirror Neurons: Therapeutic Reflection

I recently saw a TV show which talked about "Mirror Neurons". It seemed like they would be a possible therapeutic target for motor skills. I have since tried a couple of times to find anything relating these to MS, but always came out empty handed. Finally, I found the following article, related to stroke.

I have included the whole article, as it can only be found "Cached" on google, not at the actual web site. ...
Read more : Mirror Neurons: Therapeutic Reflection | Views : 1482 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

December the 3rd

December the 3rd - The International Day for Solidarity with the Disabled People
Read more : December the 3rd | Views : 1603 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Daily Life

Injection Technique

In using the dry powdered form of Avonex, I've developed the following injection technique which is a modification of the instructions in the doctor's prescribing information which is packaged with the medication. I've discovered that if you remove all of the air from the syringe prior to the IM injection, then there will be about 65 µL which will remain in the syringe. With Avonex, this represents a loss of about 2 µg of the ...
Read more : Injection Technique | Views : 4053 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Avonex

Here in Ottawa, Canada

Hi. My name is Danny. I am 52 years old, and have been diagnosed with MS as of July, 2007. I have posted a few notes on the Drug Pipeline (teriflunomide) which I have been taking since early November.

I guess I am somewhat fortunate. I only had one episode, Nov/Dec 2006, with some slight numbing of my left hand fingertips and the left side of my mouth, and that is about it. It hung ...
Read more : Here in Ottawa, Canada | Views : 1600 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

IIb TRIAL RESULTS SO FAR

Read more : IIb TRIAL RESULTS SO FAR | Views : 2207 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Tysabri Infusion updates...

Hi everyone..., I hope that all is well. If anyone is interested, I had my 15th Tysabri infusion yesterday, Friday the 30th.

After a long nap when I got home, I was feeling wonderful.

I am happy to report that I still have no side effects or infusion site reactions. Even with the cold, rainy, dreary day out here, I was happy to have been headed off for my 15th infusion only a few miles ...
Read more : Tysabri Infusion updates... | Views : 5603 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Doubt!

Are any of the thousands of members that may be on one of the conventional treatments ever wonder if maybe they should try one of these alternative therepies such as ldn or antibiotics ect. After all you may get better results taking a pill than poking yourself with a needle for years on end. What do you think? I know the only way to find out is to try them but it must be hard ...
Read more : Doubt! | Views : 6616 | Replies : 49 | Forum : General Discussion

Causes and potential cures for MS

Although I'm new to the community I've noticed something I think is important. Both in reading posts here and looking at information elsewhere I've found that with almost every case of MS research can be done to find a potential cause or cure but that it may only apply to a few cases. What I mean is there are so many different pieces of research that seem to have valid finds with solid information that ...
Read more : Causes and potential cures for MS | Views : 1996 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Faulty syringes

I have had four bad lots of syringes in a row, where the plunger does not go all the way down with the auto-injector, leaving some of the medication behind.

I called Serono and apparently there is an on-going investigation, as this is a wide-spread problem in Canada. And they've known about it for months.

Their only solution was to recommend switching to manual injection. I don't feel ready to do that yet but I ...
Read more : Faulty syringes | Views : 3045 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Rebif

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 227060 • Total topics 23943 • Total members 15227

Contact us | Terms of Service