It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:41 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Account of patients who went through Israeli protocol

Here's a testimonial of a patient who recently underwent the Israeli stem cell protocol, as practiced by Dr. Shimon Slavin.

While his results aren't miraculous, they do seem encouraging. It would be interesting to see how his story unfolds...

http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/comment/reply/21508
Read more : Account of patients who went through Israeli protocol | Views : 1973 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Seeking advice on how to proceed (symptoms suggestive of MS)

It's always difficult to post something like this, but i'll try as i could use a bit of support and advice.
I have been having MS like symptoms for about three years, but they were always mild and i was in graduate school as they were progressing but didn't have time for anything other than school if you know what i mean.
I have another condition known as primary spinal stenosis which also progressed at ...
Read more : Seeking advice on how to proceed (symptoms suggestive of MS) | Views : 1209 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

When to start Ldn

I have been recently diagnosis with MS (though have had symptoms for a couple of years, but never underestimate the power of denial huh?), i am making my plan now as to how to best deal with this. Of course, i will do everything in the natural kingdom, diet, supplements and everything that has shown to be of benefit (including acupuncture, chiropractic and massage). But i also want to use chemicals, though sparingly. I have ...
Read more : When to start Ldn | Views : 3080 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

EEG and EMG/NCS

Hi Everyone,

I saw my neurologist for the 1st time this past Wednesday. Unfortunately, she was not the type of doctor I want taking care of what may be a very serious issue. The highlight of the appointment was when she told my husband to open her office door and go down the hall to tell her receptionist that she needed another prescription pad.

After only being able to tell her half of my issues, ...
Read more : EEG and EMG/NCS | Views : 5828 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

Autopsies

Apparently, detecting these venous stenoses in living people has become possible only recently. Admittedly I have no clue what goes on in an autopsy, but it seems reasonable that such a stenosis would be easy to see in that setting.

Hasn't the history of MS research included numerous studies involving autopsies? So if CCSVI is closely associated with MS, why didn't the correlation become apparent a long time ago?

(I'm trying to be a critical ...
Read more : Autopsies | Views : 2631 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Read more : 123 | Views : 4076 | Replies : 27 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

back and neck massage causing flair up of symptoms

Even prior to learing about the CCVI theroy related to MS I have always felt a connection between getting a back and/or neck massage and having flair up of symptoms. Once a year I go to a spa with my colleagues and I always have a relapse after. I always found it to be strange and just thought that maybe it was from the heat in the sauna or hot tub but last time I ...

New and wanted to say thanks!

Hi everyone! This is absolutly the best forum out there for people with MS and their families. Thank you so much for all you do with the moderation and all the extremely intelligent MS material/research. I am 30 years old and was diagnosed with MS 3 years ago. Thankfully my symptoms are very mild and the only reason I was diagnosed was because I work in the medical field as an audiologist (hearing and balance) ...
Read more : New and wanted to say thanks! | Views : 1297 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Thread on IVIG Therapy

I would love to see a topic on IVIG. I just started this therapy and am interested in hearing others comments on it.
Read more : Thread on IVIG Therapy | Views : 3881 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Suggestions

David's story update

David is a Campath recipient who set up a website to share his experience. Partly as a result of his diary I went for the Campath option. David has updated his diary - May 2009 update. Thankfully, he has nothing to report and seems to be doing very well.

http://www.davidscampathstory.org/experience.html
Read more : David's story update | Views : 1894 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240158 • Total topics 26239 • Total members 17481

Contact us | Terms of Service