It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:42 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Response to Z paper

HERE IS A COMMENT on Dr Zamboni's paper published in December.
The author is Steven Brenner MD from the St Louis Veterans hospital neurology department.

Dear Editor,

I read the article by Zomboni (1) with interest, with respect to the interaction of the cerebral venous system and central nervous system in development of multiple sclerosis (MS).

An interaction between the central nervous system and venous system has been observed previously in MS lesions by F. ...
Read more : Response to Z paper | Views : 1938 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

need your help - How to cope with "issues" ?

I originally posted this in the General Discussion, i guess it belongs here :)

To make a long story short, my wife has had MS for at least 13 years. She has suffered through many exacerbations and resulting solumedrol treatments. As her neuro says "She is a very sick woman with a great many lesions".

My problem is that she is currently in the condition of needing ...
Read more : need your help - How to cope with "issues" ? | Views : 4056 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Friends and Family

Miscellaneous CCSVI questions

I have so many questions about CCSVI. It makes sense to me. I have an appointment with my neuro this month. I want to be armed and dangerous. :lol: I wish I could fly to Stanford, but it just is not physically possible in my hummer wheelchair.

Could the CCSVI cause optic neuritis?

Could it cause Bell’s palsy?

Could it cause syncope?

Could it cause us to ...
Read more : Miscellaneous CCSVI questions | Views : 3272 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Outbox, Sent box

I have messages in my outbox that I sent. They show up in my outbox and not in my sent box. Are they sent? Just not sure. Ken
Read more : Outbox, Sent box | Views : 1506 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Support

How to cope with "issues"?

To make a long story short, my wife has had MS for at least 13 years. She has suffered through many exacerbations and resulting solumedrol treatments. As her neuro says "She is a very sick woman with a great many lesions".

My problem is that she is currently in the condition of needing care for all her personal hygeine issues. I need to know if there is any tricks or methods that I could use ...
Read more : How to cope with "issues"? | Views : 2198 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

another new member... wifehasMS

Greetings all, thanks for all your time and efforts getting information posted here. It has helped me to help my wife alot already.
Read more : another new member... wifehasMS | Views : 1312 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Stent operation - main points?

I'm quite curious about the stent operation.. I would be pleased if you (who know) could tell main things about surgery.

So far I know something like this:
- usually problems are in jugular vein/s or Azygos vein (typical to ms)?
- jugulars are at neck area? and Azygos lower, between heart and neck, and near spine?
- patient is awake during operation?
- after operation patient has to use medicine to keep blood thin? ...
Read more : Stent operation - main points? | Views : 2133 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

the iron angle

Hmmm.

I know everyone is really focused on the downstream stenoses, but Zamboni's paper also focuses on the immediate mechanism of damage - namely, he thinks high iron concentrations are a cause, and not just a symptom of the lesions and damage.

At the end of his paper Zamboni suggests investigation into "induced iron deficiency" - perhaps indicating we might try avoiding foods high in iron?
Or go for iron-binding proteins, iron inhibitors, chelators, therapeutic ...
Read more : the iron angle | Views : 1988 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Do site reactions ever get better?

I am on my fifth week and have converted to self-injecting with 5 minutes of heat beforehand and holding the shot under my arm to warm it. That has helped a lot with the sting but the reactions....wow...huge welts on my arms. They are red and firey and hugely swollen and then turn a lovely shade of purple but only after about 4 days--just in time to take another shot. I have discolored places on ...
Read more : Do site reactions ever get better? | Views : 5137 | Replies : 21 | Forum : Copaxone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240882 • Total topics 26344 • Total members 17546

Contact us | Terms of Service