It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:03 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Promoting myelin repair

This sounds interesting, mind you, it would be much more interesting if I was a mouse...

A recombinant human IgM promotes myelin repair after a single, very low dose.

J Neurosci Res. 2007 Feb 15;
Warrington AE, Bieber AJ, Ciric B, Pease LR, Van Keulen V, Rodriguez M.
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota.

A recombinant human monoclonal IgM, rHIgM22, promotes the synthesis of new ...
Read more : Promoting myelin repair | Views : 1315 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

I eliminated my post

I eliminated my post
Read more : I eliminated my post | Views : 6917 | Replies : 31 | Forum : Antibiotics

IGF-1R in Graves Disease

Possible links with MS?

Researchers Identify Factor In Pathogenesis Of Graves' Disease

Science Daily — Investigators at the Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center (LA BioMed) have found evidence that continues to implicate insulin-like growth factor receptor (IGF-1R) in the development of Graves' disease.

In previous research published in the Journal of Immunology, Terry J. Smith, M.D. and Raymond Douglas, M.D., Ph.D. have identified the interaction between immunoglobulins and IGF-1R as a ...
Read more : IGF-1R in Graves Disease | Views : 1482 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Nerve stuff

Getting On Your Nerves ... And Repairing Them 16 February 2007

In a study to be published in the March 2007 issue of The FASEB Journal, scientists from East Carolina University report that a key molecular mechanism, RNA interference (RNAi), plays a role in the regeneration and repair of periphery nerves, which are the nerves located outside of the brain and spinal column. This research may lead to new therapies that manipulate RNAi to ...
Read more : Nerve stuff | Views : 1015 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

my girlfriend

My girlfriend just broke up with me after 3 years.I have spms and i was diagnosed in 2005 and it has gotten real bad. Today was the worst day ever. Today I hate my life. :( :( :(
Read more : my girlfriend | Views : 9022 | Replies : 73 | Forum : General Discussion

next reading group book

I chose to be patriotic and go with a Canadian collection of short stories:

"Home from the Vinyl Cafe", by Stuart McLean.

It seems to be available at Amazon in the US and UK, not that I'm telling you where to get your books...it might be in libraries too... You can also buy the book from the CBC website. "The Vinyl Cafe" is a weekly radio program and there are a number of story collections ...
Read more : next reading group book | Views : 3636 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Reading Nook

Stem Cell Advances in Treating Alzheimer's and Multiple Scle

I add this link with great skepticism and I suggest that it be read in the same light. http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2007/2/emw505510.htm

Bob
Read more : Stem Cell Advances in Treating Alzheimer's and Multiple Scle | Views : 1185 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Luck ran out

So I almost made it two years since my CIS. For about a week now I've had a mild burning sensation on my skin from the top of my right foot up to about my knee, but it is only on the right side of my right leg. It then also affects my right cheek on my buttocks, and that is it. It is not numb to the touch, I can pinch or scratch and ...
Read more : Luck ran out | Views : 5123 | Replies : 45 | Forum : General Discussion

home goes to /index.html which doesnt seem to exist.

small possible site problem. When I click on the "Home" menu item on the right (for example, when I am in forums), it tries to take me to http://www.thisisms.com/index.html, which does not appear to exists. I get a "HTTP 404 Not Found" error in my browser.
Read more : home goes to /index.html which doesnt seem to exist. | Views : 2822 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Site Support

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220860 • Total topics 22892 • Total members 14455

Contact us | Terms of Service