It is currently Fri May 22, 2015 12:19 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

MS Simulator

I went down to the Mall of America today and saw this exhibit. Although I was unable to try it out (over 2 hour wait), it was interesting to see the number of people who were interested in it.

TOL

<shortened url>

'Step inside MS'' National Tour Brings First-of-Its-Kind Multiple Sclerosis Simulator to the Mall of America in Bloomington
09.19.07, 11:02 AM ET

Most Popular Stories
Forbes 400 Richest Americans
Secrets Of The Self-Made 2007 ...
Read more : MS Simulator | Views : 1324 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

i amin teriflunomide since december 2006 there is side effx

I am new here. I just want to share about the medicine.. teriflunomide.. doctor said it was placebo which every pill could be consist of 7gram or 14 gram of it..

but then the side effect is quite critical.. seems the pill is suppressed the antibody.. and i have hairloss...i kind of scared. my leucosyt is dropped from 4,0 to 2,4.. while that happened..i kinda felt dizzy and no appetite, no encouragement to do things...easy ...

Dating Venting

I know these forums are often best used for discourse on medications...symptoms...and, a host of other relevant material...however, sometimes i need to use it to get something out of my system...as well as support...and, i guess that is what i am using it for today...

tonight i was faced with a topic that i wrote about a 1/2 year ago...at that time, I was pretty down after an early relationship didn't work out...although the MS ...
Read more : Dating Venting | Views : 5076 | Replies : 24 | Forum : Daily Life

Rationale for N-acetylglucosamine in MS

Cell-surface sugar defects may trigger nerve damage in multiple sclerosis patients
21 September 2007

Study also suggests treatment for short-term and long-term damage caused by chronic disease.

Defects on cell-surface sugars may promote the short-term inflammation and long-term neurodegeneration that occurs in the central nervous system of multiple sclerosis patients, according to University of California, Irvine researchers.

The findings also suggest that a dietary supplement similar to glucosamine may be useful as an oral ...
Read more : Rationale for N-acetylglucosamine in MS | Views : 1774 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Complexin may generate new connections

I found this article interesting because of the last few lines: if the actions of Complexin really can be targeted and controlled, then the possibility of making new connections to bypass damaged areas comes one step closer!

Brain's Messengers Could Be Regulated, Study Suggests
Science Daily — Researchers at MIT's Picower Institute for Learning and Memory have found that tiny, spontaneous releases of the brain's primary chemical messengers can be regulated, potentially giving scientists unprecedented ...
Read more : Complexin may generate new connections | Views : 1169 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Single pathway to inflammation and degeneration found

Very interesting – the discovery of a new pathway which can give rise to both the inflammatory and degenerative stages of the disease:

Public release date: 20-Sep-2007

tmvasich@uci.edu
949-824-6455
University of California - Irvine
Cell-surface sugar defects may trigger nerve damage in multiple sclerosis patients
Study also suggests treatment for short-term and long-term damage caused by chronic ...
Read more : Single pathway to inflammation and degeneration found | Views : 6213 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Discussion

Single pathway to inflammation and degeneration found

Very interesting – the discovery of a new pathway which can give rise to both the inflammatory and degenerative stages of the disease:

tmvasich@uci.edu
949-824-6455

Study also suggests treatment for short-term and long-term damage caused by chronic ...
Read more : Single pathway to inflammation and degeneration found | Views : 877 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Single trigger found for inflammation and degeneration

tmvasich@uci.edu
949-824-6455

Read more : Single trigger found for inflammation and degeneration | Views : 1187 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Hearing Loss

Hello to everyone, I would like to politely ask you if anybody has experienced recently a relapse that includes hearing loss.

My left ear is literally picking up only certain amount of frequencies and volumes for about 1 week now that I hope will slowly fix if left untreated with corticosteroids.

Should I be patient (in the terms no permanent damage will occur), and wait or should I rush up to the hospital for my ...
Read more : Hearing Loss | Views : 1356 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Death from heat? first ive herd.

http://www.raysahelian.com/multiplesclerosis.html

Multiple Sclerosis Cause - Sun Exposure?
A 27-year-old white woman with a history of multiple sclerosis was found dead lying on a lounger, clad in a bathing suit. She had been sunbathing for 4 hours. Autopsy findings consisted of numerous variably sized demyelinated plaques involving the periventricular cerebral white matter and cerebellum. Elevation of core temperature in patients with multiple sclerosis leading to transient or permanent adverse neurologic signs and symptoms has been documented ...
Read more : Death from heat? first ive herd. | Views : 1180 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 225550 • Total topics 23653 • Total members 15009

Contact us | Terms of Service