It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:06 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Ladies only

Have any of you ladies (with MS) experienced abnormal pap smears? I'm just curious if there might be any corrolation beween my repeated abnormals and MS? It seems like the list of symptoms just grow and grow, to where ANYTHING could be a result of the MONSTER DISEASE!!
Read more : Ladies only | Views : 2308 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

ASCT does not erase immune-markers in CSF

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18223013

Bone-marrow transplantation fails to halt intrathecal lymphocyte activation in multiple sclerosis.
Department of Neurology, Erasmus University Medical School, Erasmus MC, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands.

BACKGROUND: Given the presumed key role for autoreactive lymphocytes in multiple sclerosis (MS), treatment strategies have been developed to ablate lymphocyte activity. Intrathecal lymphocyte activation can be measured by CSF-soluble(s)CD27. OBJECTIVE: To determine the effect of maximum whole-body immune ablation on two different ...
Read more : ASCT does not erase immune-markers in CSF | Views : 2521 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Revimmune and Campath differences

Could someone point me to some references that highlight the differences between Campath and HiCy? I know both drugs target destruction of parts of the immune system, but I'm curious to know how each is supposed to work.
Read more : Revimmune and Campath differences | Views : 2721 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Hi from Berlin

Hi,

my name is Ursula - diagnosed in 2006, no major problems so far..
After the evil rebif I now take Copaxone which seems to be o.k.
I currently take part in the green tea study (EGCG) - and I am pretty sure to be in the "verum"-group.
Would be great if this stuff could help - there are really no side effects at all (except 1 week of headache in the beginning)

Is here ...
Read more : Hi from Berlin | Views : 1881 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Lymphocytes number low in CBC

Wondering if any other Copaxone users have noticed this in their blood testing....

Interesting results from my husband's latest blood draw. His lymphocyte (T-cells, B-cells and natural killer cells) number was just out of range, low at 19%. One of Copaxone's methods of action is to bind to lymphs and keep their proliferation low. Looks like Copaxone is working! Also lowish (at 2%) were his monocytes, the guys that inform the lymphocytes and sent them ...
Read more : Lymphocytes number low in CBC | Views : 4662 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Copaxone

Well I reactivated....

Now that I have your attention. I haven't reactivated. If I ever do you will all know it. My site will not disappear. I feel you will all probably have had Revimmune before I reactivate but if not I will eat my words.

I have a site called www.chrishasms.com

I invite all of you interested in this treatment to contact me. All the contact info is there. My site ...
Read more : Well I reactivated.... | Views : 2373 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

4 infusions so far

I had my 4th infusion today and thought I’d put my 2 cents in. I have not had a great improvement or any that I can really put my finger on. I guess I feel somewhat better. It is hard to tell if that is just the MS doing what it does best, that is changing like the wind. I did manage to aerate the lawns this weekend without the usual feeling of crushing fatigue. ...
Read more : 4 infusions so far | Views : 1481 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Waiting for diagnosis

Hi,

I am a 32 year old white male and I am currently undergoing several neuological tests. My symptoms include: headaches, extremely week legs in the AM, numbness in legs, lack of coordination, dizzy spells, pain in hips, back and side, extreme fatigue, and spells of confusion and inability to properly form sentences. I am awaiting results from blood work and an MRI/MRA. My father was diagnosed when he was younger than me, his first ...
Read more : Waiting for diagnosis | Views : 1944 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Another D'oh!!

More food for thought I received an email today stating:

"Upon receiving a google alert today regarding Tovaxin and not reaching endpoints etc etc. I thought I would see what Tim had to say….guess what “ihavems.com” is now a math site. Where did Tim’s blog go?

Hmm….interesting

Hoping yours doesn’t go anywhere should the high dose stuff you’re on fail to perform. (of course I root for anyone who has the guts to try this ...
Read more : Another D'oh!! | Views : 1730 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

This is interesting....

- ARR for Tovaxin-treated patients was 0.214 as compared to 0.339 for placebo-treated patients. Consistent with ARRs seen in previously conducted clinical trials for Tovaxin, this result is at the lower end of the spectrum of documented relapse rates demonstrated in controlled two-year clinical studies of currently marketed products (range from 0.2 to 0.9).

- For patients who had an ARR > 1 in the year prior to the study, Tovaxin demonstrated a 55 percent ...
Read more : This is interesting.... | Views : 2630 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 234265 • Total topics 25188 • Total members 16407

Contact us | Terms of Service