It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:08 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Fiance with MS

Howdy folks!

I will soon be married! My soon-to-be wife doesn't like to discuss her RRMS. Luckily she is marrying an "expert" ;-) I like keeping up to date on everything. I'll take as much of the burden I possibly can. She's doing fine right now, one slight visual-related relapse in 4 years, after which she started Copaxone. I thought this would be a good place to ...
Read more : Fiance with MS | Views : 5228 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Friends and Family

Cenaculum Studiorum Bologna 8 September 2009

I am just back from Italy and I wish to share with you my experience in partaking in the first international congress on CCSVI and MS.
First of all I have to aknowledge that the organization of the meeting was impeccable and that the technological support was first class: I felt proud to be Italian and from Ferrara.

Prof. Zamboni opened the proceedings by outlining the key questions the meeting was set to answer and ...

Fampridine 2 year data positive

* Interim analysis shows drug betters walking speed over 2 yrs

* 4 seizure related events reported in the trial

* Shares rise as much as 5 pct

Sept 10 (Reuters) - Acorda Therapeutics Inc (ACOR.O) said interim analysis of a late-stage trial of its experimental multiple sclerosis treatment, Fampridine-SR, showed that the drug improved walking speed in patients over a two-year period.

A total of 66 patients, or 24.9 percent of study participants, saw ...
Read more : Fampridine 2 year data positive | Views : 1386 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

After Bologna- What can we do?

For those of us wondering, what can we do? There are many things available to us now.
(Maybe a sticky, NHE? I'll let you make the call...)

1. What we can do to find a doctor to treat CCSVI:

If you are an MS patient or care taker, and want to bring CCSVI information to your doctor- go to
http://www.fondazionehilarescere.org/eng/index.html

Every single bit of Dr. Zamboni's research is available ...
Read more : After Bologna- What can we do? | Views : 5233 | Replies : 33 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A/B have swelling & water retintion in legs & feet p

My feet and legs are huge, did I mention HUGE!!!

I think I will have to go back on the BP pill to help with all this fluid.

Just wondered it anyone else experienced this.????

I had had a 10 lb weight gain since stented, No doubt where it is, I just look at my feet and legs. Wooow!!

cat

Sept 8, 2009 Bologna CCSVI conference- finalized notes

Home...haven't slept in a couple days, and will do so tonight!
All good. Truly an incredible experience. Below are my notes, transcribed as written. My comments are in parenthesis. To be in a room full of doctors from all different specialties, looking at CCSVI and putting the pieces together was miraculous. Most folks on the board will recognize many of these names and research. The complete picture is coming together-I was honored to be the ...

Hello from Helsinki

Hello everyone
My name is Peter and both me and my wife Anu have been following developments on this forum with keen interest for about a month now. Im a Brit who moved to Finland in 1995 ad my wife is Finnish.

We found out late last year that my wife has RRMS and that she had probably been having symptoms for around 9 years. She suffers from Severe heat intolerance, bladder issues as well ...
Read more : Hello from Helsinki | Views : 6870 | Replies : 32 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

research into cause of PML

WEDNESDAY, Sept. 9 (HealthDay News) -- Scientists may have discovered part of the reason why Tysabri, a drug used to treat multiple sclerosis, may lead to the development of a rare but potentially deadly brain disease in some patients.

The drug seems to rouse the typically dormant JC virus from its slumber, allowing it to cross into the brain.

Although this finding may lead to a way of predicting who is at risk for the ...
Read more : research into cause of PML | Views : 1481 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Could this be MS??

I have had some very troubling symptoms for about 3 years now. It all started with very subtle things, tingling and weird feelings in my legs and arms, a constant eye twitch, feeling very tired. These would come and go over the course of a few days and would return with varying severity. I got tested for MS and other conditions and doctors said they ruled it all out.

Then about a year ago I ...
Read more : Could this be MS?? | Views : 1578 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Alex on Vacation and Dr. Dake in Italy?

I understand that Alex is on Vacation this week and Dr. Dake is in Italy i believe. I've compiled my medical history. One pager somewhat like a resume.
Also, have a copy of my 2006 one and only MRI on CD.. When I last talked with Alex she said I could just bring it with me. Have been reading here where others are e-mailing their medical historiesto Dr. Dake. Since I was not advised to ...

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 245053 • Total topics 26951 • Total members 17977

Contact us | Terms of Service