It is currently Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:03 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Life you can't afford to live

Thank you all and good luck with MS. Bowing out...
Read more : Life you can't afford to live | Views : 1938 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

BioMS update

Here is a press release from BioMS on enrollment in their US phase 3 trial for people with SPMS:

BioMS Medical achieves enrollment milestone in U.S. phase III multiple sclerosis trial

November 12 - CNW - BioMS Medical today announced that more than 133 patients have been enrolled in its MAESTRO-03 U.S. pivotal phase III clinical trial of MBP8298 for the treatment of secondary progressive multiple sclerosis (SPMS). An interim safety and efficacy analysis will ...
Read more : BioMS update | Views : 1223 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Amiloride for MS

Blood pressure drug hope for Multiple Sclerosis
12 November 2007

A drug which has been used for decades to treat high blood pressure may turn out to be a key treatment for multiple sclerosis, say British researchers.

Amiloride was found to reduce degeneration of nerve tissue in mice and the team at Oxford University are now planning a trial in MS patients.

It works by blocking the build up of high levels of calcium ...
Read more : Amiloride for MS | Views : 2720 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Sugar, testosterone and oestrogen

I thought this new discovery might have some relevance to MS: we know that the level and ratio of oestrogen to testosterone is important in neuroprotection, and finding that a diet high in sugar can destroy that balance fits in very nicely with the fact that MS seems to go hand in hand with a modernised, (and therefore high sugar), lifestyle. The only spanner in the works is that this article suggests high levels of ...
Read more : Sugar, testosterone and oestrogen | Views : 2936 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Hi Jake

I've never used the tablet method. I'm assuming that you mean people that buy the 50 mg tablet and dissolve it in water to divide into smaller doses. I have always said that if I could not get a prescription, I would go this route. I can only assume that the same result could be had with this method.
Read more : Hi Jake | Views : 2109 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Amiloride

I like to cheer everbody up on a Monday morning. This does look interesting and human trials are in the offing.

Ian

Blood pressure drug hope for Multiple Sclerosis 12 November 2007
A drug which has been used for decades to treat high blood pressure may turn out to be a key treatment for multiple sclerosis, say British researchers.

Amiloride was found to reduce degeneration of nerve tissue in mice and the team at Oxford ...
Read more : Amiloride | Views : 1697 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

IL 27

IL-27 Anti-Inflammation Molecule Helps Fight MS-Like Disease 12 November 2007

An immune system messenger molecule that normally helps quiet inflammation could be an effective tool against multiple sclerosis (MS). Neurology researchers led by Abdolmohamad Rostami, M.D., Ph.D., professor and chair of the Department of Neurology at Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University and the Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience in Philadelphia, have found that the protein interkeukin-27 (IL-27) helped block the onset or reverse ...
Read more : IL 27 | Views : 1138 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

newbie...

Hi there. I am new and not even sure if I have ms... lots of changes in the past couple of years. I had a strange episode this past summer with numbness and tingling and pins and needles in my back, arms and fingers ( two episodes since). I saw the doctor and she sent me in for a mri and scan on my head and neck. The results were one lesion found on my ...
Read more : newbie... | Views : 1455 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Hi Jake

Your news is good but doesn't surprise me. I've been on LDN for the last 5 years. What does worry me is that you mentioned that you are using a local compounder. Is he familiar with LDN or did you have to basically tell him what to do? I started out with a local compounder and I had to explain to them what I needed them to do with the fast release filler. After 6 ...
Read more : Hi Jake | Views : 2640 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Help

Hello,

I am 25, white female and I suspect that I may have MS. I had gone to see a doctor about 2 years ago when I experienced my first episode of non-severe, but hardly dismissable neurological symptoms. He ran some tests and then told me nothing is wrong and not to worry about it.
I forgot about it all until a few weeks ago when the same type of symptoms re-appeared.
At this point, ...
Read more : Help | Views : 1632 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 226766 • Total topics 23889 • Total members 15160

Contact us | Terms of Service