It is currently Tue May 24, 2016 10:45 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Autoimmune Disease Treatment May Not Dampen Immune System

THURSDAY, June 19 (HealthDay News) -- Researchers have uncovered cellular proteins that may be key to certain autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, according to a new study.

The findings, performed so far only in mice, point to potential new treatments for a range of human diseases that are mediated by immune system T-cells. These include many inflammatory and autoimmune disorders, illnesses that involve an immune system run amok.

More important, such a treatment might provide patients ...
Read more : Autoimmune Disease Treatment May Not Dampen Immune System | Views : 2059 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Tovaxin and LDN

I don't know if this question has been asked before so smack me if it has...but...is LDN allowed if you are in the trial for Tovaxin?

I am so tired of all these drugs I am taking that aren't working that I am ready to stop taking everything except the Topamax for my migraines and try LDN....seriously. But, I cannot find anything about whether or not it is approved....

anyone know?

I am tired of ...
Read more : Tovaxin and LDN | Views : 2354 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Chris' update

I got one up on my site.
Read more : Chris' update | Views : 4752 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Newly Diagnosed and Entering Campath Trial

Hello everyone. I am new here and I have been reading this forum since my diagnosis in April 2008. I had an incident in 2006 where my right forearm/hand went numb and I didn't have much muscle control. My neurologist could not find anything conclusive and decided we would monitor the hand. 2-3 weeks later I was back to normal and I never gave it another thought. In March 2008 I experienced numbness in my ...
Read more : Newly Diagnosed and Entering Campath Trial | Views : 1420 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

I didn't want to jinx it but.......

Seven weeks out from HiCy, Melissa has zero MS symptoms.

She also has zero hair but anyway!

The quickest recovery was bowel symptoms. This righted itself about a week after HiCy.

She's pooped daily since then, missed one day but so did I that day - I cooked the night before.

Last April (pre-diagnosis) she didn't go for three weeks. She had strong enemas, a scope up her arse, daily laxatives and didn't go. Eventually ...
Read more : I didn't want to jinx it but....... | Views : 1778 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

SPMS

What to do now??
I copied info I entered previously.

OK-- I just got off the phone with Dr. Hammond and I was told that Revimmune is not very effective in people with SPMS. I am soooo finished now. I was diagnosed with RRMS and he said they are using RRMS patients. So if I had the treatment when diagnosed RRMS (2002) it would have been better????????? :roll: ...
Read more : SPMS | Views : 2517 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Emotional shocks

What do you do when you're presented with a huge emotional shock? My girlfriend of three years, we were starting to talk about marriage, is leaving me. She's moving out and taking with her much of my emotional support/confidence with her. I'm already depressed as it is, MS related. but have put off seeing the doctor for it. I'm afraid if I go in now they will just cast it off as depression linked only ...
Read more : Emotional shocks | Views : 2943 | Replies : 18 | Forum : General Discussion

What is the progression?

I mean Im 21, What are the stages, do I have 10 years before I have serious issues with my disease, do I have 1 year?
How do I know if I am a mild case or if I really need to worry?
Read more : What is the progression? | Views : 4513 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Under 25 with MS

Ideas

Alright I was Dx less than 4ish months ago, and I keep asking my doctor what I should do to keep healthly what is best to avoid and what might I eat or do more of to keep in the best health I can to fight MS. Well, he said really nothing I can do -_- see... I dont believe that ...

What foods, vitimins, or actions, have you guys done to make yourself feel ...
Read more : Ideas | Views : 4482 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Regimens

Emotional Issues, Is it MS caused?

I seemed to get very emotional, very easy. I mean before I was on Betaseron, and the Dx of MS I wasnt that emotional.
I cry very easy, I mean very easy I could be thinking about something sad, and tears come out. I get angried just as easy. I feel like Im a ping pong ball.
Is it MS? Or Just Stress from the Dx, Will it go away?
Read more : Emotional Issues, Is it MS caused? | Views : 3510 | Replies : 22 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232434 • Total topics 24847 • Total members 16004

Contact us | Terms of Service