It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:15 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

ok.. MRI results.. i'm still confused

MRI result said this:
multifocal T2 weighted abnormalities within the supratentorial compartment and probably involving the brainstem and its connecting structures, the distribution and morphology of which are in keeping with the known demyelinating process.

In English? Anyone?

I get that there's more spots than the last MRI... but does any of the above mean anything specific? Frak i hate this disease... so confusing :evil: ...
Read more : ok.. MRI results.. i'm still confused | Views : 1296 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

HHV-6 induces dysregulation of glutamate uptake

Human herpesvirus 6 (HHV-6) induces dysregulation of glutamate uptake and transporter expression in astrocytes.Fotheringham J, Williams EL, Akhyani N, Jacobson S.
Viral Immunology Section, Neuroimmunology Branch, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Building 10, Room 5B16, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA.

Human herpesvirus 6 (HHV-6) infects and establishes latency in the central nervous system (CNS). Reactivation of latent HHV-6 has been associated with neurologic diseases including epilepsy and ...
Read more : HHV-6 induces dysregulation of glutamate uptake | Views : 1309 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Read more : 123 | Views : 2575 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Read more : 123 | Views : 1700 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Jeff's journal in regimens

I'll be posting what Jeff is noticing, feeling, thinking as the days go by....
maybe I coax him into posting for himself!
On the regimen section:
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-7191.html

cheer
Read more : Jeff's journal in regimens | Views : 1901 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Stents for CCSVI-Jeff

Wanted to have a journal for Jeff's journey.
He has received two stents in his internal jugular veins. His IJVs were both blocked with stenosis, and Dr. Michael Dake of Stanford has surgically implanted the stents to keep his veins open, and his brain and cervical spine area draining blood back to the heart. Dr. Dake believes Jeff's lifelong chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency has created the lesions and damage in his brain and cervical spine. ...
Read more : Stents for CCSVI-Jeff | Views : 11180 | Replies : 41 | Forum : Regimens

Vision loss

Found this interesting since I have had no visual symptoms yet. I have yearly exams and my optometrist knows I have MS so he does more extensive tests but I wonder if that's enough. I've always had bad eyes but they do seem a little worse over the last few years.

Vision Deteriorates Even Without Sight-Related Symptoms in Patients With MS: Presented at ARVO
By Ed Susman

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla -- May 5, 2009 -- ...
Read more : Vision loss | Views : 2102 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Poll: Getting treatment?

This is a poll to see how many are going to Stanford or getting treatment elsewhere.

Post about your efforts to get this treatment here!
Read more : Poll: Getting treatment? | Views : 11651 | Replies : 75 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Is it MS or a look alike

below is the url for an NMSS aticle that may prove interesting to those that still have no answers to their dx

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/news/n ... x?nid=1307
Read more : Is it MS or a look alike | Views : 1183 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

results are in and I am confused

:? Hi guys, well the results were given to me today telling me the MRI was clear but on reading the results this is what I find: A single small patchy area of hyperintensity is seen at the grey/white matter junction within the right frontal lobe just adjacent to the right frontal horn and another similar area of hyperintensity is seen just adjacent to the left ...
Read more : results are in and I am confused | Views : 2319 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 239265 • Total topics 26103 • Total members 17375

Contact us | Terms of Service