It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:42 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

oven mits

It's like having oven mits when i try doing stuff with my hands, i read this comparison some where and thought this is a good way to describe it. I feel like most of u are fighting not to get like i am and i am fighting not to get like Twisted, Hope something comes soon!
Read more : oven mits | Views : 3316 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Daily Life

Coenzyme Q10

Hello,

What are your thoughts on Coenzyme Q10?

From what I've read I would like to take about 200 - 400mg for it's neuroprotective effects however I'm concerned about it stimulating the immune system?

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks
Read more : Coenzyme Q10 | Views : 1421 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Difference between white and grey matter lesions

This abstract appears to show that there was no evidence of BBB leakage at the site of grey matter lesions, which might suggest that grey and white matter lesions are formed by two distinct processes:

tinyURL

Dom.
Read more : Difference between white and grey matter lesions | Views : 1199 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

minocycline

Is anybody aware of a phase 3 trial that Biogen Idec initiated some time ago with Avonex and Minocycline. Here in the UK the companies will not even give information to your GP let alone a patient.

I've been taking 200mg of minocycline per day for almost 3 years based on the information Luann Metz provided for me. The first relapse i had since then started in January 2007 which was much less aggressive than ...
Read more : minocycline | Views : 2206 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Antibiotics

Lowering cholestrol, diet and -----> same effect as sati

Hello,

I've been following the Swank diet with added fish oils for a couple of months now.

Recently I've been thinking about taking plant sterols supplements to lower my cholesterol even further.

Will this be similar to taking the satin drugs or do these drugs have a further effect that reduces the effects of MS?

Thanks
Read more : Lowering cholestrol, diet and -----> same effect as sati | Views : 1749 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

MRF - mice

TIGM inks deal for mice 04 April 2007

The Texas Institute for Genomic Medicine (TIGM) has entered into an agreement with the Myelin Repair Foundation to supply genetically altered mice that United States and Canadian researchers will use to search for the causes of and possible treatments for multiple sclerosis.
TIGM is a Houston-based nonprofit biotech entity founded in 2005.

The Myelin Repair Foundation, headquartered in Saratoga, Calif., is a nonprofit organisation focused exclusively ...
Read more : MRF - mice | Views : 994 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Allergy

Allergy/autoimmunity link found 04 April 2007

A link between allergic diseases like eczema, and autoimmune diseases has been found by scientists at the University of Washington in Seattle.
"Our study implies that allergic and inflammatory diseases may actually trigger autoimmune diseases by relaxing the controls that normally eliminate newly produced, self-reactive B cells," said researcher David Rawlings. "Many autoimmune diseases are caused by self-reactive antibodies produced by such B cells."

Rawlings, the head of ...
Read more : Allergy | Views : 1044 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

New UK centre for immunotherapy

First Centre of Its Kind in UK Opens in Region 07 April 2007

The first immunotherapy centre of its kind in the UK opened yesterday (05/04/07).

The 1m Wilson Horne Immunotherapy Centre, at Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary, will be used to try revolutionary treatments for conditions caused by disorders of the immune system. Because it will be the first time humans will be exposed to such therapies, the unit's staff have been trained to ...
Read more : New UK centre for immunotherapy | Views : 876 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Possitve MRTC

Hi all,
Found out today that my mrtc was possitive. Apparently the Advair steriod in question made little or no difference. Maybe the bar has indeed been lowered. I have stopped Advair and swithed to Singular which seems to be working so far. I will schedule bag o' blood Monday.
Read more : Possitve MRTC | Views : 3094 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

The Aspen Health Forum October 3-6, 2007.

Scott Johnson, president of the Myelin Repair Foundation, is scheduled to speak at The Aspen Health Forum October 3-6, 2007.

The Aspen Health Forum will explore the most challenging issues and exciting developments in medical science — and how they may affect our individual health and that of our families and communities. The forum will shed light on the state-of-the-art and frontiers of biomedicine. It is a rare opportunity to exchange ideas and socialize with ...
Read more : The Aspen Health Forum October 3-6, 2007. | Views : 1089 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222238 • Total topics 23080 • Total members 14608

Contact us | Terms of Service