It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:35 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

First attack in almost five years

I am just coming out of my first attack in almost five years. I had one episode five years ago, double vision, and that led to a mri and then an 'unofficial' diagnosis (because there was one incident, one sympton). I was hopeful that maybe I was one of the few who would have one isolated incident and that would be it, but no such luck (and not very likely I guess, but hope springs ...
Read more : First attack in almost five years | Views : 2878 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Study: high-dose Cytoxan effective for RRMS, not so for SPMS

This abstract looked at a population of 23 patients who underwent high-dose cyclophosphamide treatment, and concludes that the treatment was very effective in treating RRMS, but ineffective in treating SPMS and PPMS patients. This pretty much confirms what most of us have been hearing about the treatment...

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/jour ... 1&SRETRY=0

Marshal protocal ? not the answer for ms'rs who love the sun

I would like to start a antibiotic treatment. The marshal protocol makes some sense but scares the hell out of me. I have seen more sun than most my age and don't want to become a mole. I have ppms take no meds and do nothing except maintain a mostly raw diet without consuming any processed foods. I am healthy but loosing mobility. Drop foot and fatigue being the worst of what I deal with ...
Read more : Marshal protocal ? not the answer for ms'rs who love the sun | Views : 1104 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

WalkAide

I didn't know which thread to continue so I just started a new one. What has the WalkAide enabled you to do that you weren't able to do before?

For example, I could go in to the supermarket (and shop) instead of waiting in the car. I am able to walk from the parking lot to the restaurant intead of being dropped off while my husband parks the car. I am able to walk through ...
Read more : WalkAide | Views : 9172 | Replies : 21 | Forum : Medical Devices

Keri whats up??

Well what did they say?
Read more : Keri whats up?? | Views : 1898 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Quercetin

For those of you taking this, how much do you take per day? In the study that Zamboni was part of, I think they were using 1 g/day. As the pills I have are 250 mg, they will go pretty quick at that dosage.
Read more : Quercetin | Views : 2946 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Regimens

odd things

hi there,
i've been on my ribif injections for about a month now. i'm still at 22mcg, and i'm not too eager to push it up to 44. that's not really what my question is about anyway. i use the rebiject and i am really proud of myself for overcoming a real problem with needles and just doing this. but i've been getting such varied side effects. i mean the fluy achey pain is always ...
Read more : odd things | Views : 1858 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Rebif

Burning Pain

I got a new symptom 2 weeks ago when i woke up. the whole left side from my chest down to my toes is burning( and i mean the whole left side, right down the middle). i also dont feel any coldness on that side. when i touch it with something cold it burns even more. just finished 3 days of solumedrol and nothing has changed. Has anyone ever experienced this? this is my first ...
Read more : Burning Pain | Views : 1586 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Cure in our lifetime?

Hi guys, do you believe that cure will be found in our lifetime?

As a rule, I am pretty much optimistic, not that I'm thinking of a cure, but just not going too deep in the desease, living for today and enjoying my life to the full.
But these days I feel really down for some reason, reading about progressions, quick or slow they all lead to one and the same...This makes me think of ...
Read more : Cure in our lifetime? | Views : 6875 | Replies : 69 | Forum : General Discussion

hi im new to ms

Hi

Im i was diagnosed with ms last week. Im really shocked and upset and i am just looking for advice and information as i dont know much about ms.
The sight in my left i suddenly went blurry which is how i was sent for an mri scan which detected the ms. Just wondering if other people have had the same symptoms and if the sight came back!!!
Read more : hi im new to ms | Views : 1241 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 237638 • Total topics 25821 • Total members 17097

Contact us | Terms of Service