It is currently Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:18 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

A tip for helping muscle range in the legs

Spasticity effects me greatly in my legs and I'm stretching all day long to try to maintain the range of my muscles (it's a battle that I am, I'm afraid to say, losing very slowly). One thing that I have found which helps greatly for foot drop and clonus is to sleep with my feet flat against the wall at the end of my bed. I turned my bed around to face the wall just ...
Read more : A tip for helping muscle range in the legs | Views : 4488 | Replies : 22 | Forum : General Discussion

Copaxone When does the pain end?

Ok...

When does this shot become less painful? I mean I've been on it since July and its the worst most painful shot ever! The welts are terrible and the itching is insane but I'm trying to tough it out like the new Neuro doc said too till December.....

Has anyone had that horrible flushing side effect they talk about? Thankfully I have not but I have had others but the pain of that shot ...
Read more : Copaxone When does the pain end? | Views : 9901 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Copaxone

Lyndacarol, question.

LC,
I didn't want to mess up the liver thread with this.
When pre-diagnosis and after, my upper stomach would burn/itch inside. I set a chiropractor appt for my gait, and went to the GP for my stomach. I thought I had pancreatic cancer. The GP chuckled at me and told me I was much too young for that. I don't have good news, though, he said. Anything you tell me is fine I said, ...
Read more : Lyndacarol, question. | Views : 1278 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Plastics cause insulin resistance

LC,

Thought this would be of interest to you. If you are drinking bottled water or eating a lot of foods from plastic containers, maybe that is why you can't get your insulin level down.

gwa

Medical News Today
Link Found Between Bisphenol A And Metabolic Syndrome In Human Tissue
07 Sep 2008

New research from the University of Cincinnati (UC) implicates the primary chemical used to produce hard plastics - bisphenol A (BPA) - ...
Read more : Plastics cause insulin resistance | Views : 1960 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Reg-T-cells may not be the culprit

Regulatory immune cells may not be defective in Multiple Sclerosis
05 September 2008

Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a chronic inflammatory disease that causes neurodegeneration, resulting in numerous physical and mental disabilities. It is thought to be caused by out of control immune cells that attack the proteins that make up the protective sheath in which nerve cells are encased.

In addition, it has been reported that a subset of immune cells known as Tregs ...
Read more : Reg-T-cells may not be the culprit | Views : 1378 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

MS is not an auto immune disease?

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/120204.php

Alright! Alright! Enough already.

I am NOT a troll. I'm just to thick-headed to understand this jargon filled article.

Thanks.
Read more : MS is not an auto immune disease? | Views : 1487 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Tysarbi put on FDA list for possible skin melanoma

http://tinyurl.com/5py4qy

Potential Signals of Serious Risks/New Safety Information Identified by the Adverse Event Reporting System (AERS) January - March 2008

Natalizumab (Tysabri) Skin melanomas

This is the list released today for drugs with potential problems.

gwa
Read more : Tysarbi put on FDA list for possible skin melanoma | Views : 1449 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233917 • Total topics 25124 • Total members 16303

Contact us | Terms of Service