It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:41 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Aldehyde poisoning

Okaaay....I think this abstract is saying that failure to eliminate, and therefore the build-up of, Aldehyde could lead to the 'toxic environment' that destroys tissue:

tinyURL

Dom.
Read more : Aldehyde poisoning | Views : 1261 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Finding the positives of MS

They call it "benefit finding", but I just think of it as looking on the bright side: I met my best friend while we were both in neurological rehab, (he had a terrible car-crash), and we were talking about it the other day -- I can't be glad that I have MS, but I know that, come that wonderful day when all this is over, I will be glad I had it. It's made me ...
Read more : Finding the positives of MS | Views : 4046 | Replies : 30 | Forum : General Discussion

Johns Eyes

As some here will know I've been trying supplement approach to fix John's eye affected by ON in 1998. The good part is something is happening and he is getting flashes of clarity which have been absent sine 1998. He has also been able to see color again in the past several months. The bad part is I can't tell you which supplement if any are responsible. What a SUCK ASS way to report findings ...
Read more : Johns Eyes | Views : 1273 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Myelin Repair Foundation Winter 2007 Update

Here's a link to the Myelin Repair Foundation's latest research update. Lots of good stuff, looks like they're making some real progress...

http://tinyurl.com/2jrk2z
Read more : Myelin Repair Foundation Winter 2007 Update | Views : 1828 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Stem cell treatment for eyes

It's good to see that proper trials are already underway - this one for eye conditions. Interesting that the transplant might attract stem cells from the bone marrow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/6454819.stm
Read more : Stem cell treatment for eyes | Views : 1481 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Lp results are in...

Well of course it's positive.

It's not really a shock but i wish the diagnosis was something else.

The neuro has suggested maybe starting on Avonex and i will be seeing him again in May so he will prescribe it then. That will give me time to stop breastfeeding.

Has anyone had an ok experience with Avonex?

Thanks

Elly
Read more : Lp results are in... | Views : 1685 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Stephen White

I don't know if this is new information...Stephen White has written a few Tom Clancy'ish type books. He is a psychologist who also has MS. From what i've heard, the wife of the main character also has MS.

TOL
Read more : Stephen White | Views : 2628 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Reading Nook

Heal Your Heart with EECP by Dr. Debra Braverman

I am currently reading Heal Your Heart with EECP by Debra Braverman, M.D. This Enhanced External Counterpulsation (EECP) supposedly is "the only noninvasive way to overcome heart disease" and may improve many other conditions--diabetes, congestive heart failure, lupus, peripheral neuropathy and others (though not mentioning MS). Its mechanism is to increase blood flow (by "passive exercise" as the author puts it).

It is painless, noninvasive, and relatively inexpensive (approved by the FDA, Medicare, covered by ...
Read more : Heal Your Heart with EECP by Dr. Debra Braverman | Views : 3366 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Reading Nook

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221766 • Total topics 23028 • Total members 14552

Contact us | Terms of Service