It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:06 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Interleukin 17 and 27 Study

Autoimmune brain inflammation studied

SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 15 (UPI) -- U.S. scientists say a key factor in development of brain inflammation may provide a new target for inflammatory diseases of the central nervous system.

In separate studies, Nico Ghilardi of Genentech Inc. in San Francisco and Christopher Hunter of the University of Pennsylvania studied different mouse models of brain inflammation that resemble human diseases, such as multiple sclerosis.

Both studies show brain inflammation is worse ...
Read more : Interleukin 17 and 27 Study | Views : 823 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

CHR-1103

Chromos updates on progress with development of CHR-1103 for treatment of MS
BURNABY, BC, Aug. 15 /CNW/ - Chromos Molecular Systems Inc. (TSX: CHR)
has taken several significant steps in the development of its lead product
candidate, CHR-1103. A humanized monoclonal antibody, CHR-1103 is being
developed for the acute treatment of relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis
(MS). Its unique mechanism of action has the potential to reduce the severity
of a relapse in patients with ...
Read more : CHR-1103 | Views : 1211 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Anyone heard of a drug called 4-ap ?

I had a Busy day yesterday, bad day today:

Visited my neuro yesterday and did a number of simple errands. I thought I was holding up great but today I feel really bad (ill). Guess I over spent my energy budget.

Anyway they said “no tysabri for you!”. I guess the’re only giving it to people who have a lot of active inflammation. They said PML risk is 1 in 1000. I can’t help but ...
Read more : Anyone heard of a drug called 4-ap ? | Views : 1376 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

eye question related to ms

My s/o has had worsening eye trouble. He has not been diagnosed with ms. The neuro has looked into his eyes during her exam.

My questions:

1. Is looking into the eyes find out all the information related to eyes and ms, or does he still need to see an eye doctor.

2. If he does need to see an eye doctor are they all the same, or is there a special kind he needs ...
Read more : eye question related to ms | Views : 1210 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Claribine Trial recruiting RRMS participants

https://host.veritasmedicine.com/trial/trial_questions.cfm?wid=1253&dis=637391&did=2311&rfr=hlogy

The CLARITY Study is a double-blind clinical trial of an oral form (tablet) of the investigational medicine Cladribine. Certain forms of Cladribine are approved for use in other illnesses, but research is still needed on treating multiple sclerosis with Cladribine tablets.

The study is testing a Cladribine tablet against a placebo tablet (an inactive look-alike tablet). Some questions researchers hope to answer are:

Does this study drug decrease the number of relapses?
Does this ...
Read more : Claribine Trial recruiting RRMS participants | Views : 1310 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

MS and twins

Multiple Sclerosis In Genetically Susceptible Twins Is Augmented By The Northern Environment
Main Category: Multiple Sclerosis News
Article Date: 14 Aug 2006 - 5:00am (PDT)

A new study of twins suggests that living farther north of the equator significantly increases risk of developing Multiple Sclerosis (MS) among those with genetic susceptibility due to some environmental factor.

By following more than 700 pairs of twins diagnosed with MS, researchers from the Keck School of Medicine of ...
Read more : MS and twins | Views : 645 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

has anyone had an eeg that has ms?

Does an eeg help tell if it's ms or not? My s/o hasn't had one, but we were consideing asking for one.... would like to learn more about anyone else's experience with it. Thank you.
Read more : has anyone had an eeg that has ms? | Views : 980 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

dizziness

Is the dizziness associated with ms vertigo (spinning) or the other kind like lightheadness or "floating"?
Read more : dizziness | Views : 1307 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

amelia

how long did your husband have to wait since he started going to the doctor for symptoms till he got ms diagnoses?

What doctor diagnosed him? (a neuro, family, or what?)

Do you remember any of the things they ruled out before he got his diagnoses?
Read more : amelia | Views : 682 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Follow up of MBP8298

Intravenous synthetic peptide MBP8298 delayed disease progression in an HLA Class II-defined cohort of patients with progressive multiple sclerosis: results of a 24-month double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial and 5 years of follow-up treatment.

Warren KG, Catz I, Ferenczi LZ, Krantz MJ.

Multiple Sclerosis Patient Care and Research Clinic, Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

MBP8298 is a synthetic peptide with a sequence corresponding to amino acid residues 82-98 of ...
Read more : Follow up of MBP8298 | Views : 1162 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216443 • Total topics 22114 • Total members 13907