It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:17 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

BBIC

There was menion of BBIC, I think on this site, about a month ago. Here is a relevant article:
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medical ... &nfid=crss

My query is whether there is some soy-based product we can take in the short-term that might provide the necessary BBIC? Anyone know?

Phil.
Read more : BBIC | Views : 848 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Introduction

Hi All,
I've been lurking since December but had to post to "Humor" today. So this is my second post. I've been voting on the surveys and reading the various forum topics and news.

I'm glad I've found you all!

:lol:

About me... diagnosed in 2000, on Copax ever since with much success. I have two awesome boys--one teen and one tween. I live each day appreciating ...
Read more : Introduction | Views : 1247 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

joint pain and MS

i recently developed joint pain (ankles, wrists, fingers, toes). it is affecting my mobility and functioning. my doctor said that joint pain goes along with MS, but i have never read anything about it being a common symptom of MS. i'm curious if anyone else has experienced this? i was told it is nerve pain caused by the ms. i'm taking anti-inflamatories which are not helping at all, and recently began taking meds for nerve ...
Read more : joint pain and MS | Views : 1427 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

back after a long absence

i'm not new, i was just "dormant" for a while and decided to return. 43 y/o female diagnosed in 11/04. it has been a very difficult struggle. i'm hoping to find knowledge, support, and understanding friends here.
Read more : back after a long absence | Views : 1377 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Just a Hello from another senior

I already posted in the Introductions thread, and now here I am again, introducing myself in the Golden Years thread.

I'm 66, a woman who's had MS since about 1978 or maybe longer (diagnosed in 1980). I've taken part in a couple of MS message boards since 2001.

I've lived in the same HUD-subsidized apartment in WA state since 1983, though I'm from Chicago originally.

I use a wheelchair most of the time. I don't ...
Read more : Just a Hello from another senior | Views : 4493 | Replies : 11 | Forum : MS in the Golden Years

Scepticemia

Hi all,i had another UTI over the new year holiday period,thats's three in six months.Trouble is i left it too long,well for two days and the infection got into my blood causing Septicemia.I spent a week in hospital,"very poorly"so the doc said.I didn't realise the mortality rate in Septicemia is one in five.My MS Nurse is blaming the Tolterodine for urine retention causing the infections so i'm keeping some anti-biotics close at hand from now ...
Read more : Scepticemia | Views : 1523 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

nasty rebif side effect

I've recently been put on rebif 44 and to my dismay it is causing me some distressing sexual dysfunction side effects. I was on Rebif 22 before and was OK on that and i was just wondering if any other guy on rebif44 has experienced these unacceptable side effects and why is it not mentioned on the list of side effects on the medicine information leaflet?? I'm now totally unable to achieve or maintain the ...
Read more : nasty rebif side effect | Views : 4125 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Rebif

In Morocco

Hi,
I came here to teach English, which is working out alright.. A couple months ago, I became constantly dizzy, and I have since developed a few other symptoms. I am pretty depressed, tired all the time, sometimes can't speak, etc etc.. Seems sort of like whining to list these all but I suppose it's a good thing to do. Talk soon then.

Yours,
Matt
Read more : In Morocco | Views : 1415 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Criminal probe into MS ‘wonder drug’

Apologies in advance for the length of this post but I think it important that this story, taken from the excellent MSRC News Archive, has a wide audience.
Criminal probe into MS ‘wonder drug’
A DRUG company is under criminal investigation for the way it has marketed an unproven “wonder” treatment for multiple sclerosis to thousands of patients.
The firm, Daval International, chaired by a discharged bankrupt described by a High Court judge in ...
Read more : Criminal probe into MS ‘wonder drug’ | Views : 3976 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Aimspro

I eliminated my post

I eliminated my post
Read more : I eliminated my post | Views : 6668 | Replies : 51 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220066 • Total topics 22753 • Total members 14361

Contact us | Terms of Service