It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:56 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Neither fresh nor too old, calling from Germany

Hi there,
thanks for your site and the forums, which are one of the most valuable MS sources on the web with lots of expertise and eloquency. Since I'm running a German MS news site called www.ms-reporter.de, I stopped by several times before to look for certain details.
Now, the CCSVI threads lead me to a new level of usage, and so I'm de-lurking and registered today.
For myself, dxed in 1999, using Copaxone since ...
Read more : Neither fresh nor too old, calling from Germany | Views : 1646 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

Risk factors for or clues to CCSVI???

I recently stumbled on this forum for CCSVI and would like your thoughts. Obviously you cannot diagnose me and are not doctors/nurses (at least I don't think most of you are!) but I am stunned by the notion that MS could be vascular in nature. My case history seems related in strong ways.

I was diagnosed 2 years ago with optic neuritis, headache, dizziness, and cognitive issues. I have T2 lesions and black holes.

I ...

Vascular Disease among Hospitalized MS patients

This study took place between 1988 and 2002.

It found that MS patients were less likely to be hospitalized for ischemic heart disease (OR = 0.58, 95% CI = 0.51-0.66) or myocardial infarction (OR = 0.78, 95% CI = 0.64-0.96), but more likely to be hospitalized for ischemic stroke (OR = 1.66, 95% CI = 1.33-2.09) than matched non-MS controls.

The conclusion:

MS patients have decreased rates of hospital admission for ischemic heart disease and ...

Ribavirin

Hard to Treat Diseases, Inc. (HTDS) Reports on Ribavirin Research as Potential Treatment for MS

BELGRADE, SERBIA, July 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - Hard to Treat Diseases, Inc. (HTDS:PK) http://www.htdsmedical.com reports that researchers in its Slavica BioChem division have advised of some significant findings regarding its research into the use of Ribavirin in the treatment of Multiple sclerosis (MS).

The research team has been conducting experiments using Dark Agouti rats. Experimental ...
Read more : Ribavirin | Views : 1394 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

remember me

I was posting all over the place last month. i just wanted to let you know that I finally recieved my dx of CIDP. IVIG therapy for me.
Read more : remember me | Views : 5393 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General Discussion

CHICAGO PEOPLE!

Hey! Next week im making the move from Oklahoma to Chicago and was looking for a new MS doctor and eye doctor and was wondering if anyone here had anyone they could recommend?

Im on copaxone ( im 22 and have had MS since i was 20) and im transferring with the same company i work for here so im set with insurance and everything. Im just needing a MS doctor ( well and a ...
Read more : CHICAGO PEOPLE! | Views : 3099 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

lower back pain

Does anyone else have lower back pain? I'm still recovering from a relapse so my entire back was numb before. Now my lower back is in pain, it started as an ache but now its a sharper pain. I don't know if it's MS related and maybe the numbess is going away so now I feel more pain, or if it's from something else, like an UTI because I read they can cause lower back ...
Read more : lower back pain | Views : 1999 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

research progress

Gene Regulates Immune Cells' Ability To Harm The Body
Main Category: Multiple Sclerosis
Also Included In: Genetics; Arthritis / Rheumatology
Article Date: 17 Jul 2009 - 2:00 PDT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A recently identified gene allows immune cells to start the self-destructive processes thought to underlie autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis (MS) and rheumatoid arthritis, researchers at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis have found.

Researchers showed that mice without the Batf gene lacked ...
Read more : research progress | Views : 3315 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gene Therapy

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 242819 • Total topics 26647 • Total members 17820

Contact us | Terms of Service