It is currently Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:20 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

High blood pressure and veins

Here's another suggestion that blood vessels have a role to play in MS, this time saying that high blood pressure can cause fistulas, (holes or channels which shouldn't be there and which allow material to flow),

1: Med Hypotheses. 2007 Dec 11
Raised venous pressure as a factor in multiple sclerosis.
Talbert DG.

Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology, Imperial College School of Medicine, Du Cane Road, London W12 ONN, United ...
Read more : High blood pressure and veins | Views : 1186 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

As the highest poster by far - I did put a 2,000 limit on your posts but will extend to 3,000 because it's Christmas (sorry Holiday season for those American's too afraid to use the 'c' word) - grateful if you could provide a layman's translation for the following research:

Normal-appearing white matter in multiple sclerosis is in a subtle balance between inflammation and neuroprotection 17 December 2007

Multiple sclerosis is a chronic ...
Read more : NAWM | Views : 1056 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

MRTCs, Masking/Suppressing, and Some Thoughts

Hi to all,

I know I have said this about 100 times, but here it is again. The hope for Tovaxin is that it will halt the progression of MS. If the body is no longer under attack, it may be able to repair some of the damage and restore some lost abilities. This might be a good time to reread my first post on the thread “Results will vary”. ...
Read more : MRTCs, Masking/Suppressing, and Some Thoughts | Views : 7883 | Replies : 24 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Fighting the superbug

Although most antibiotics today still work in the majority of people, how effective will such drugs be in the future? Bacteria as well as viruses and fungi have also shown to be resilient germs. What, then can be done? Can resistance be eliminated or at least contained?
Read more : Fighting the superbug | Views : 2269 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Antibiotics

Hello from Florida

I am a 32 year old female and have been reading posts on this site for over a year now, but never felt the need to become a member thinking that I would surpass diagnosis (since I have been having symptoms on and off for 4 years). I feel I am getting close to a diagnosis of something, and based on my DR's opinion, I won't be surprised to hear it is MS.

5-6-03: ...
Read more : Hello from Florida | Views : 1590 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Psychiatric Hotline

I found this on usenet and thought it was good enough to pass along...
    · ~°~ · ~°~ · ~°~ · ~°~ · ~°~ · ~°~ · ~°~ · ~°~ · ~°~ ·

Hello. This is the Psychiatric Hotline.

If you're clinically depressed, press 1 despairingly, but it won't help.
Nothing will.

If your manic, press 2 while jumping up and down and shouting.

If you're bipolar, press 1 and 2 or 2 and 1, ...
Read more : Psychiatric Hotline | Views : 2393 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Humor

LDN and Baclofen ???????

Is there anyone out there who takes both of these as I have just been prescribed Baclofen after being on 3mg LDN now for almost 4 years.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks :)
Read more : LDN and Baclofen ??????? | Views : 10561 | Replies : 18 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Immune system destroys Unwanted synapses

An interesting new twist: as the brain grows and develops, connections either grow and are reinforced or fade away and die if they are no use. Except that this piece of research shows they don't just wither away or die through Apoptosis, they are actively killed by the immune system . If this process restarts, or never stops, neurodegeneration can result:

Public release date: 13-Dec-2007
[ Print Article | ...
Read more : Immune system destroys Unwanted synapses | Views : 2338 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 227598 • Total topics 24030 • Total members 15391

Contact us | Terms of Service