It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:11 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Parasitic infection is found to benefit MS patients

I hope this was the right forum to place that hopeful news in.

I found it especially interesting when taking the following news in regard, where people in italy using BCG vaccination to generate immunetolerance - maybe its the same mechanism of action.
http://neurology.org/cgi/content/abstract/53/7/1588

--Frank

Parasitic infection is found to benefit MS patients
-------------------------------------------------------

Patients with multiple sclerosis who also happen to have an intestinal parasite appear to have ...
Read more : Parasitic infection is found to benefit MS patients | Views : 5552 | Replies : 27 | Forum : General Discussion

Could I now be SPMS??

Hi everyone :) I have had MS for 13 years, so I am not new to the disease.

However, I am concerned that ever since my last relapse this past April, I have not been the same. Mosty it was my leg/foot was affected (had to get AFO) and that did come back.

However, I did develope daily tremors, spasms, pain, fatigue issues that remain to this ...
Read more : Could I now be SPMS?? | Views : 2945 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Daily Life

Cannabinor Phase 2a trial

Pharmos Announces Clinical Data from Phase 2a Trial of Cannabinor for Capsaicin-induced Pain

Safe and Well Tolerated with No Serious Adverse Effects

ISELIN, N.J., Jan. 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -. Pharmos Corp. today announced preliminary results from its Phase 2a study evaluating intravenous (i.v.) cannabinor, a CB2-selective synthetic cannabinoid compound, in a capsaicin-induced pain model. The drug candidate did not meet the primary endpoint defined by analgesic effects compared to placebo, but confirmed safety and tolerability observed ...
Read more : Cannabinor Phase 2a trial | Views : 736 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Imaging compounds

Bayer Schering To Develop Imaging Compounds To Detect Neurodegenerative Diseases

Bayer Schering Pharma AG has signed a license and option agreement with Taisho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Nihon Nohyaku Co., Ltd., and the National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Japan, to develop novel imaging compounds for the detection of neurodegenerative diseases.
The diseases include Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and other disorders also associated with neuroinflammation such as multiple sclerosis.

Under the terms of the agreement Bayer Schering ...
Read more : Imaging compounds | Views : 1056 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Two papers on Vit D

1,25 Dihydroxyvitamin-D3 modulates JAK-STAT pathway in IL-12/IFNgamma axis leading to Th1 response in experimental allergic encephalomyelitis.

Muthian G, Raikwar HP, Rajasingh J, Bright JJ.
Department of Neurology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA.

Experimental allergic encephalomyelitis (EAE) is a Th1 cell-mediated autoimmune disease model of multiple sclerosis (MS). Vitamin D deficiency is commonly observed in MS patients and vitamin D supplements reduce the clinical symptoms of EAE and MS. Earlier studies have shown that ...
Read more : Two papers on Vit D | Views : 2069 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Discussion

MBP8298 starting phase III SPMS trial in US

The more the merrier...

BioMS gets FDA approval to start Phase 3 MS trial

Jan 19, 2007 - Reuters - BioMS Medical Corp. said on Friday it has received U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval to begin a Phase 3 trial of its multiple sclerosis treatment.

The two-year trial will involve about 500 patients in 50 centers across the United States, chief executive Kevin Giese told Reuters.

Giese said the trial of its treatment for ...
Read more : MBP8298 starting phase III SPMS trial in US | Views : 1385 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Remyelination in THREE animal models?

I've just seen this on 'Acorda's' website, under "pipeline/R&d". It mentions three different animal models of MS, but I've only ever heard of EAE. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Dom.

" Acorda’s remyelination programs include two distinct therapeutic approaches to stimulate repair of the damaged myelin sheath Myelin is the insulating layer of membranes that surrounds most nerve fibers. When an axon is demyelinated, nerve impulses “short circuit” much like a wire whose insulation ...
Read more : Remyelination in THREE animal models? | Views : 1438 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

I love Tysabri!!

I had my first Tysabri infusion on December 8. I was EXTREMELY nervous, but I had been on Betaseron for 3 years, and I suffered 2 exacerbations within 5 months, the 2nd of which took me out of work for 4 months! I had developed some spinal cord lesions, which caused some sensory issues in all of my limbs. I had a mild headache the evening of my first infusion, but I took some advil, ...
Read more : I love Tysabri!! | Views : 4572 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Anybody here with SPMS for 10+ years who is on Copaxone?

Hi Copaxonites or Copaxonians!

I'm new here, and I have a question. Is anyone around who is on Copaxone and who has SPMS? Better yet--anyone who's had SPMS for more than 10 years and is on Copaxone?

I'd really like to know how you're doing. My neuro thinks it's best for everyone with MS to be on one of the ABCRs, but I've hesitated to start Copaxone after a not-very-good experience with Avonex.

I've had ...
Read more : Anybody here with SPMS for 10+ years who is on Copaxone? | Views : 3260 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Copaxone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220272 • Total topics 22792 • Total members 14387

Contact us | Terms of Service