It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:14 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Burning

Hello, 14 days ago I had terrible reaction on copaxone. Vomiting, problems with breath and so on...

From the time I have during a day problems with terrible burning and tingleing (in my head especially, than my shoulder and chest) and with feeling of lack of air in my lungs, I am afrai of swooning but it never happens). Does anybody know this? Is it from MS, or from Copaxone? My doctor doesn´t know and ...
Read more : Burning | Views : 2122 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Copaxone

My wife is an Aimspro patient

my wife has had MS fo 14 plus years and we desperately tried everything, treatments, diets, and so on. we researched desperately as she became progressively worse until she became confined to her bed.
We were sceptical about Aimspro, the negative messages we read, until we were fortunate enough to find a group of Aimspro users, the group shares its experiences amongst themselves and we joined in.
To day my wife, although still in a ...
Read more : My wife is an Aimspro patient | Views : 6239 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Aimspro

Secondary Progressive MS carer

Hallo
My name is David - I do not have MS, I am a MScarer for my wife who has Secondary Progressive, she was diagnosed with Relapsing Remitting MS about 14 years ago which changed to SP MS a few years back.
Her decline was slow initially but in recent years she has become steadily worse.
Over that time we tried all sorts of cures, diets, removed the mercury fillings and so on.
Last year ...
Read more : Secondary Progressive MS carer | Views : 1441 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Problems with patents

This is a really interesting column on the shortcoming of the patent system in the pharmaceutical industry. It isn't written by Joe-average blogger, it is written by Nobel prize winner and former chief economist of the World Bank, Joseph Stiglitz.

Prizes, Not Patents

Part of modern medicine’s success is built on new drugs, in which pharmaceutical companies invest billions of dollars on research. The companies can recover their expenses thanks to patents, which give them ...
Read more : Problems with patents | Views : 1134 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Nerves don't use electricity?

Just when it seems like we're figuring things out, something like this comes along...

Scientists say nerves use sound, not electricity

March 9, 2007 -- CBC News -- The common view that nerves transmit impulses through electricity is wrong and they really transmit sound, according to a team of Danish scientists.

The Copenhagen University researchers argue that biology and medical textbooks that say nerves relay electrical impulses from the brain to the rest of the ...
Read more : Nerves don't use electricity? | Views : 1092 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Too much vitamin D bad for you?

I have been taking 4,000 IUs a day for years but I wondered if the accumulation of so much D is toxic. I urge you all to read this carefully:

http://www.cfs-recovery.org/vitamin_d_recovery.htm

It's actually on chronic fatigue but there is a lot of great info on this site. If you feel more tired than ever after years of being on vitamin D, then maybe you need to pull back a ...
Read more : Too much vitamin D bad for you? | Views : 1711 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Infection as cause research

Cincinnati team focuses on infection as MS cause

BY PEGGY O'FARRELL | POFARRELL@ENQUIRER.COM

Research under way at the University of Cincinnati could one day help short-circuit the most disabling forms of multiple sclerosis.

Istvan Pirko, a neurologist and researcher in UC's Waddell Center for Multiple Sclerosis, is leading a team of researchers studying the role certain cells in the body's immune system play in the development of multiple sclerosis.

In ...
Read more : Infection as cause research | Views : 1019 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

What will U do when the cure is found?[Frivolous topic!]

Ok, I need cheering up today.
:lol:
What will you do when they find THE cure for MS?

I think I will streak down my road, lipoatrophy and all, singing Nina Simone "Feelin' good".
Wot about u?

Oh and I might be drinking from a bottle of champagne in between the chorus!

:lol: ...
Read more : What will U do when the cure is found?[Frivolous topic!] | Views : 2296 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

Daclizumab trial results

I guess this is pretty good news. It looks like the higher dose met its primary end point (lesions), and the lower dose did not. This was a trial of daclizumab with an interferon. They plan to conduct another phase 2 trial of daclizumab as monotherapy now. I was hoping that after this trial, they would be moving on to phase 3, but there is no mention of phase 3, possibly because they are still ...
Read more : Daclizumab trial results | Views : 1663 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Stem cell understanding advances.

I posted this on the General Discussion board, but suppose it should be here:
This must be the most encouraging news about stem cells I've read in a long time...

Public release date: 11-Mar-2007

nbeddingfield@burnham.org
858-646-3146
Burnham Institute
Stem cells act through multiple mechanisms to benefit mice with neurodegenerative disease
Stem cell ...
Read more : Stem cell understanding advances. | Views : 2097 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Stem Cells

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221772 • Total topics 23028 • Total members 14552

Contact us | Terms of Service