It is currently Wed May 27, 2015 3:22 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

NIGHT SWEATS

actually it happens everytime i sleep
and i never use to sweat
is this normal
should i call the doctor
does it ever stop
shell
Read more : NIGHT SWEATS | Views : 15260 | Replies : 26 | Forum : Antibiotics

New formulation of Rebif

Just wondering if anyone is now receiving or have been told when they will receive the new formulation. As far as I know I haven't and I'm wondering if they are waiting till they use up their supplies first.
Read more : New formulation of Rebif | Views : 14671 | Replies : 40 | Forum : Rebif

PAIN

hey abx users
i have 3 kinds of pain
1- leg cramping and heeby jeebies or jerk spasms-this i have under cntrol

2- ms 'hug'- a boa constrictor hugging the life from you

3- my arms and hands-1000's of little tensor bandages pulled as tightly as they can-have had very little relief from this in two years

mj helps to relax enough to sleep
have had everthing from baclofin to zanaflex-not much works
my pain ...
Read more : PAIN | Views : 2419 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Antibiotics

Oral Meds vs. Injectables...

Hi all,

I'm sure most of us are keeping our fingers crossed for an oral med, instead of the injectables we now use. And since most patents are soon to expire for the meds we now have....

This brings up several questions I think....
1. who will authorize the "switch" to an oral, and

2.if those with no insurance are on an injectable, will they be allowed to switch?

3. What about syringes , ...
Read more : Oral Meds vs. Injectables... | Views : 1219 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Generic Betaseron?

ZURICH, Sept 14 (Reuters) - Swiss pharmaceuticals group Novartis (NOVN.VX: Quote, Profile, Research) said it completed an agreement with Bayer Schering (BAYG.DE: Quote, Profile, Research) over manufacturing rights of Novartis's Betaseron multiple sclerosis treatment.

As part of the deal, announced in March 2007, Novartis will receive a one-time payment of about $200 million.

Novartis said it had transferred manufacturing responsibility for Betaseron to Bayer Schering and received a payment for the transfer of production equipment, ...
Read more : Generic Betaseron? | Views : 3477 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Betaseron

Natalizumab follow up

Source: American Academy of Neurology
Date: September 14, 2007

Disease Activity Increases After MS Patients Stop Drug

Science Daily — People with multiple sclerosis who stop taking the drug natalizumab may experience a rebound increase in disease activity, according to a study published September 12, 2007, in the online edition of Neurology®, the medical journal of the American Academy of Neurology.

The study involved 21 people who had MRI scans of their brains taken before ...
Read more : Natalizumab follow up | Views : 1466 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Cellular marker

I don't remember if this was posted already or not.

Cellular Marker For Multiple Sclerosis Discovered

Source: Helmholtz Association
Date: September 1, 2007

Science Daily — In their search for the cellular and molecular causes of multiple sclerosis, an Italian-German research team has identified a subgroup of protective immune cells (suppressor cells) which are strikingly reduced in number in patients with this nervous system disorder.

These suppressor cells are characterized by a specific surface marker, ...
Read more : Cellular marker | Views : 1011 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Is this optic neuritis?

Hi all-

Lately, I've been feeling a little more "MSish". Some of the stuff is stuff I've had before. But, lately, I also have been feeling an odd sensation around my eyes. It is as if they are a little achy. My vision doesn't seem to get blurry, but I find myself having to make a little extra effort to focus (sorry if that doesn't make sense). FYI...I started a new job recently and my ...
Read more : Is this optic neuritis? | Views : 3200 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General Discussion

Western Blot Results and Treatment MS now Lyme ???

Hi,

I got the results of my Lyme test and started treatment.

IgeneX Western Blot:
IGM - 28 ++, 31 IND, 39 +, 41+, 58 +, 66 +, 83-93 IND.
IGG - 39 IND, 41 +, 45 +.

I started IV antibiotics (Rocethin or Rocephin???), not sure on spelling. Will be doing this 2hrs 4 days a week with evalluation/testing every 4 weeks. Lyme Doctor said with Lyme Disease the rule is for every year ...
Read more : Western Blot Results and Treatment MS now Lyme ??? | Views : 1869 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

HE3286

Hollis-Eden reports promising results for multiple sclerosis treatment
14th September 2007

Hollis-Eden Pharmaceuticals has announced new data showing that its pre-clinical drug candidate provides benefit in an animal model of multiple sclerosis.

The company is planning to present the results evaluating HE3286 at the 2nd International Congress on Immune-Mediated Diseases being held in Moscow, Russia. The company is also presenting preclinical data demonstrating that HE3286, along with other novel compounds under investigation - HE3413 and ...
Read more : HE3286 | Views : 1478 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 225637 • Total topics 23667 • Total members 15021

Contact us | Terms of Service