It is currently Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:19 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Oi Oi

Newbie here...
Names Rach im from Newport S wales UK
I have not been DX as yet as i am in the midle of tests etc..
Just thought this was a great forum so id pop on and say hello!

:wink:

Rachy xx
Read more : Oi Oi | Views : 2037 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Introductions

Housing question

So, as some of you know, I am heading out to JH this weekend. My appointments with the doctors are on Monday, June 2.

While I am in town, I am thinking of checking out some of the long term housing options...to see what they look like, etc.

The two I have planned right now are the Tremont and The Spinnaker (through Bridge Street). Apparently they are very close to the hospital and both offer ...
Read more : Housing question | Views : 2316 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Regulatory B cells exist -- and pack a punch

DURHAM, N.C. – Researchers at Duke University Medical Center have uncovered definitive evidence that a small but potent subset of immune system B cells is able to regulate inflammation.

Using a new set of scientific tools to identify and count these cells, the team showed that these B cells can block contact hypersensitivity, the type of skin reactions that many people have when they brush against poison ivy.

The findings may have large implications for ...
Read more : Regulatory B cells exist -- and pack a punch | Views : 1361 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Howard Hughes Medical Institute sets up $600M research fund

Fifty-six of the nation's most creative biomedical scientists are being given the opportunity to tackle their most ambitious, risky research plans, as they become the newest class of Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) investigators. The Institute is committing more than $600 million over their first term of appointment.

http://www.hhmi.org/news/20080527.html

There are also links to what each researcher is studying. None specifically target MS that I could find but neurology, ...
Read more : Howard Hughes Medical Institute sets up $600M research fund | Views : 1545 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Copaxone and Tremors

I was misdiagnosed with multiple sclerosis instead of the correct diagnosis of brainstem stroke. I had been on Copaxone for the four years of my misdiagnosis. About the fifth day of taking Copaxone, I developed a almost constant head tremor. (Dystonic No-No) It appeared as if I was shivering or repetitively shaking my head no very quickly. My quack neuro said that it was a symptom of my MS. I tried a variety of meds ...
Read more : Copaxone and Tremors | Views : 5477 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Copaxone

Copaxone Poison

I was misdiagnosed with multiple sclerosis instead of the correct diagnosis of brainstem stroke. I had been on Copaxone for the four years of my misdiagnosis. About the fifth week of taking Copaxone, I developed a almost constant head tremor. (Dystonic No-No) It appeared as if I was shivering or repetitively shaking my head no very quickly. My quack neuro said that it was a symptom of my MS. I tried a variety of meds ...
Read more : Copaxone Poison | Views : 2682 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

What antiviral drug while on LDN?

As the tittle says what antiviral drug can someone use while on LDN?
Wife had two colds last month that brought back some of her MS symptoms, hope not permanently, I wonder what else can we use along with LDN that has antiviral properties by stimulating immune system?
Symmetrel or acyclovicir interfere with LDN as far as I know.
Read more : What antiviral drug while on LDN? | Views : 2289 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Neurontin

Anyone taken this drug before?

Day 5 was today. I was aware I could go from 100mg to 200mg anywhere from 4-7 days in.

Well, my facial pain was terrible today, so I took 100mg upon waking (I take 100mg in the evening). My gosh. My face feels NUMB LOL.

Is this normally what the drug does? I have very little experience with it. My mouth pain went away for the most part at least!
Read more : Neurontin | Views : 1507 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

HiCy & Returning Relapse Rate?

I have been watching this board for about six months and finally made the call to Carrie this morning.

As a short backgrounder, I have had MS for 14 years but you would never know it by looking at me. I work 10 hour days at work and don't seem to have some of the problems some of the other MS'ers have with heat and fatigue (I feel very lucky!).

Back to the call, we ...
Read more : HiCy & Returning Relapse Rate? | Views : 2706 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Question about IVSM

I had my 1st 3 day course of IVSM, 1000 mg/day, It's been a week, am I supposed to feel different by now?

I thought I had a moment or 2 of mental clarity the other day, and I got all excited, but today I'm back to walking into walls.

I'd love to hear everyone's experiences...
Read more : Question about IVSM | Views : 1674 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 231990 • Total topics 24778 • Total members 15944

Contact us | Terms of Service