It is currently Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:12 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

A year on abx...

Well it's actually just over a year but's been a great year, diagnosed 5 years ago, every year since then I've had at least one relapse a year and never had full recovery after but since meeting Dr Wheldon and starting the abx around late November last year I've had no relapses and better still I definitely have had some improvements.

Restless legs that kept me awake at night are no where near as ...
Read more : A year on abx... | Views : 2748 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Antibiotics

New and not diagnosed, lumbar puncture question

hi there-

Saw Neurologist a couple of days ago and he ordered a lp for next friday along with spinal mri's- I am very nervous about having the lp done and was wondering if you all could give me some advice about pain etc- or just experiences with this? I want to be prepared- of course dr. says it doesn't hurt, but my brother had one a year or two ago with meningitis and said ...
Read more : New and not diagnosed, lumbar puncture question | Views : 6743 | Replies : 47 | Forum : General Discussion

May I just say …

Wherever you are in the world; whether you have a religion or not; whether you "do" Christmas or not; whether you have two weeks off or two days; if you're a pagan celebrating the winter solstice, whatever, it's a magical time of year and I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and unfailing hope and optimism for the coming year.
Read more : May I just say … | Views : 2364 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Personal Provigil Experience

Today was my first day on provigil. I took 100mg at about 10am and another 100mg at about 12:30pm. After about 20min of taking the second dose (ie before it probably was assimilated), I actually almost had an afternoon nap! It really felt like I had taken a sugar tablet (ie no effect). A little later I went out to do the chrissy shopping.

Surprisingly, I was able to stay out walking around the shops ...
Read more : Personal Provigil Experience | Views : 4468 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General Discussion

High Starch Diet, DNA changes and disease

Here is an excerpt from an article discussing the damage to DNA caused by a high starch diet.

Genome-wide association studies this year provided insight into many diseases, including atrial fibrillation, autoimmune disease, bipolar disorder, breast cancer, colorectal cancer, type 1 and 2 diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis.

In 2007, biologists also learned that within DNA's billions of bases, thousands to millions of ...
Read more : High Starch Diet, DNA changes and disease | Views : 1276 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Imagine the solumedrol highs without the side effects

Ok, I must be dreaming because this n-acetyl glucosamine has got me bouncing off the walls with goodness.

This morning I had two teaspoons after last nights one teaspoon; today mixed with orange juice instead of hot tea.

The first hour after consuming this morning's, I had slight paranoia and slight anxiety (sort of like last night, but a little stronger with a higher dose). This feeling reminded me the paranoia feeling of marijuana.

BUT, ...
Read more : Imagine the solumedrol highs without the side effects | Views : 3263 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Regimens

The ghost in your genes

Nova on PBS recently ran an interesting program which discussed epigenetics. You can read the full transcript here.

Read more : The ghost in your genes | Views : 1242 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Brain plasticity

Learning to see with your tongue.

Most of us see with our eyes, but what if we could see with other parts of our body, too? The idea may seem ridiculous, but it's already been done. Nearly a half-century ago, maverick neuroscientist Paul Bach-y-Rita discovered that it was possible to "rewire" the adult brain, connecting regions in ways no one ever had imagined. Today, his ideas have given a handful of blind people the ability ...
Read more : Brain plasticity | Views : 7913 | Replies : 52 | Forum : General Discussion

Reversal of Symptoms?

I have had six Tysabri infusions. I am wondering if anyone has experienced any reversal of symptoms? I am becoming frustrated :cry: Thanks for being there.
Read more : Reversal of Symptoms? | Views : 3003 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

I'm making myself a lab rat for n-acetylglucosamine

NOTE: Below this messege I've posted some very interesting information about a certain strain of Glucosamine that has dramatically helped mice with the animal model of MS. Since there are no human trials going on at the moment for this, I'm gonna do it to myself. Clinical studies move as slowly as my bowel movements. I'm not gonna sit around and wait.

I found this specifial glucosamine (n-acetyl) variety at

They have a link ...
Read more : I'm making myself a lab rat for n-acetylglucosamine | Views : 8646 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Regimens

Login  •  Register

Total posts 227744 • Total topics 24058 • Total members 15407

Contact us | Terms of Service