It is currently Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:39 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

What di my neurologist just say???

Okay, the neuro I have been seeing for 12 years is retiring next month. He just called me to check on my well-being and to see why i was switching to Mayo. He said " You have a mild, indolent form of MS. in fact if someone were to look at your MRI, they would QUESTION THE DX"!!!! BUT, he said, your history, evoked potentials, symptoms etc are proof. he also said that at 20 ...
Read more : What di my neurologist just say??? | Views : 1643 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Not off topic

Read more : Not off topic | Views : 2788 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General Discussion

X chromosome inactivation

Another angle to try and figure out the gender difference in MS incidence.

Eur J Neurol. 2007 Oct 26

X chromosome inactivation in females with multiple sclerosis.

Knudsen GP, Harbo HF, Smestad C, Celius EG, Akesson E, Oturai A, Ryder LP, Spurkland A, Orstavik KH.
Department of Medical Genetics, Faculty Division Rikshospitalet, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway.

The aetiology of multiple sclerosis (MS) is unknown. Autoimmune mechanisms are most probably involved. Loss of immunological tolerance ...
Read more : X chromosome inactivation | Views : 1661 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Minocycline has harmful effect on ALS patients

Medical News Today
Trial Shows Minocycline Has A Harmful Effect On Patients With Motor Neuron Disease
01 Nov 2007

Minocycline has a harmful effect on patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)-commonly known as motor neuron disease or Lou Gehrig's disease-according to one of the first randomised trials of the drug in patients with a neurological disorder. This has implications for several trials that are planned or in progress for minocycline in patients with Huntington's disease, ...
Read more : Minocycline has harmful effect on ALS patients | Views : 1990 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

ECTRIMS 2007

Dear all,

This is the US MS Society's summary of the ECTRIMS 2007 conference:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/site/P ... _2007oct30

I asked one of my neuros about the conference. He said there was an "amazing" presentation by Dr Dr Aloisi about EBV and MS. This research will be published soon. A summary of the presentation is given below:

During a special session, Dr. F. Aloisi (Rome) described further work exploring B cell ...
Read more : ECTRIMS 2007 | Views : 1547 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

edss scale

For those of you who are a 4,5,6, etc, do you move between the numbers?
Are there times when you are a lesser number? When diagnosed, I was probably a 6 (just guessing here) and now I'm lower. Someone posted that the first 5 years after diagnosis was a cake walk. Is this the norm? For those of you with a longer history of this and higher numbers, tell me about whether the numbers get ...
Read more : edss scale | Views : 3340 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General Discussion

CellCept

Saw my Neurologist today. My PPMS is getting worse and he suggests that I try CellCept to lower my cell count. If that doesn't work he wants to try Rituxan. I am familiar with Rituxan but have never heard of CellCept until today. Any opinions or advice on this medication?
Read more : CellCept | Views : 1709 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

One for Lyon - Vit D and parasites

Bob,

You are nearing the 2,000 posts mark (mostly drivel). No need to respond to this one - but you will.

I hear that Arron has resigned as moderator as he can no longer stand reading your posts.

Ian

Migration and multiple sclerosis: The French West Indies experience. 30 October 2007

The French West Indies (FWI), i.e., the islands of Martinique and Guadeloupe, have recently experienced the emergence of multiple sclerosis (MS).

This epidemiological ...
Read more : One for Lyon - Vit D and parasites | Views : 1117 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Staring into space or Day Dreaming look

I would like to know if anyone else has had this symptom. I have had it for most of my time with MS.

You look like you are day dreaming/staring into space and you hear buzzing in the ears, eyes get blurry and face gets hot.
Read more : Staring into space or Day Dreaming look | Views : 1678 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

DIRECT-MS Presentation

DIRECT-MS would like to offer their latest presentation, Potential Therapeutic Characteristics of Pre-agricultural Diets in the Prevention and Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis. The format is a Voiced PowerPoint presentation (‘Webcast’) and the webcast is narrated by Dr Loren Cordain of the Colorado State University. Dr Cordain is a world renowned expert on health and the original human diet and is the author of the “Paleo Diet” and “The Paleo Diet for Athletes”.

Dr Cordain explains ...
Read more : DIRECT-MS Presentation | Views : 1113 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 226699 • Total topics 23877 • Total members 15151

Contact us | Terms of Service