It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:48 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Plasma Exchange study (Tysabri/PML)

A small study but a good sign. Seems like this procedure might help with reducing the risk of switching therapies after Tysabri too.

http://sev.prnewswire.com/health-care-hospitals/20090218/MN7260018022009-1.html

Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center Discovers Way to Fight Rare, but Deadly, Side Effect from Drug.

MILWAUKEE, Feb. 18 /PRNewswire/ -- Researchers at Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center have developed a technique that counteracts an unusual, but serious, side effect from natalizumab (Tysabri(R)), a drug that fights multiple sclerosis (MS).

The ...
Read more : Plasma Exchange study (Tysabri/PML) | Views : 2077 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Printing out a topic and replies

Is there an easy way to print out all the posts to a topic in a one, separate Word document? I've tried copying and pasting, but that doesn't work well for longer threads. There are some posts that I’d like to read in more detail and they’re pretty long (like the CCVI thread), and it would be so much easier to print it out and take it with me to read instead of sitting at ...
Read more : Printing out a topic and replies | Views : 1516 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Support

IMMODIFYING MS DRUGS

I am not sure if I have the name right but can anyone help on this? My doctor said there was something available to some (just coming in). Does anyone no about this please?

Jam
Read more : IMMODIFYING MS DRUGS | Views : 1035 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Riddle me this

ok, this is regarding a thread I replied to last week. Someone wanting an amphetamine ( adderall/ritalin) for fatigue/wt loss. makes sense yes? So I was thinking to myself.. yeah! I would love a little pep pill to get me going through out the day, I have MS and I am tired as sh*t.

I asked my neuro and got treated as if I was a drug seeker!

this is what i don't get, my ...
Read more : Riddle me this | Views : 1911 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

finally in part 2

Signed consent forms today (Doc scared the shit out of me). A question to those of you in the know, how long after treatment did it take to get back to an OK physical place, i.e. work, hobbies, general activities etc.?
Thanks,
Lars
Read more : finally in part 2 | Views : 2177 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Breast feeding while on Avonex

I recently had a baby and my current dr said it was ok to breast feed and be on avonex at the same time. All my past doctors and most of what I read online say not to. Does anyone else have some insight?
Read more : Breast feeding while on Avonex | Views : 1793 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Wisdom Teeth extraction with MS..anyone?

My husband's dentist has been on him for years....wants him to have his wisdom teeth removed. They are not impacted or infected (that we can see) but they are crooked. Dentist thinks he'd be better off without them. He's really pushing.

I'm concerned about surgery for him...anyone have experience in this? Thoughts?
AC
Read more : Wisdom Teeth extraction with MS..anyone? | Views : 4273 | Replies : 22 | Forum : General Discussion

Adaptations

Hi everyone,

My name is Ellie Crawshaw and I am researching adaptations to the homes of disabled people, in the UK for my third year dissertation at the University of Leeds. In particular, I am researching disabled people’s input into the design of their adaptations, and their input into the planning process, and so looking at the role of occupational therapists and contractors within this. The aim of my research is to highlight the level ...
Read more : Adaptations | Views : 1195 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Headaches!!!

I am getting over a bad attack of bilateral optic neuritis and have been getting horrible headaches ever since. It came on about 2 1/2 months ago. My vision is pretty much back to normal, but my head is not. I hurts so bad behind my right eye... kind of a dull, throbbing pain, that is definitely intensified whenever I move my eye to the side.

Anyone else had headaches stick around so long after ...
Read more : Headaches!!! | Views : 2579 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

Inclined Therapy I.T. Multiple Sclerosis & Varicose Vein

In this thread you will find how Postural Therapy is making a huge difference for people with multiple sclerosis.

This therapy is free and addresses the problem with swollen / varicosed veins and Chronic venous insufficiency.

If you could answer the questions below and check the apporpriate box it will help us to understand the connection between venous problems and multiple sclerosis.

Thank you

Do you have, or have you ever had varicose veins?

Or ...
Read more : Inclined Therapy I.T. Multiple Sclerosis & Varicose Vein | Views : 51580 | Replies : 192 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 237563 • Total topics 25809 • Total members 17084

Contact us | Terms of Service