It is currently Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:55 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Supplements regimen questions

Hi all,

After researching the internet for a few weeks we have compiled a first basic list of supplements (well i guess 6 supplements make a basic list compared to the 17 proposed by the BBD..!).As safety is a major concern we preferred to start with a small list that we feel confident about,with a view to continue researching and adding supplements along the way. (BTW a great thanks to all the natural approach thread ...
Read more : Supplements regimen questions | Views : 4640 | Replies : 27 | Forum : Natural Approach

activity level and symptoms? tell me more

My question for today is: Talk to me about how activity level and types of activities affect your symptoms? I've seen mention of this in some other threads; it hasn't shown up much in my 'general MS' reading I've done elsewhere except as a vague "rest is helpful" kind of thing.

What ...
Read more : activity level and symptoms? tell me more | Views : 2178 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Hello all.

I was diagnosed with RRMS in 1997 after being involved in a nasty motorcycle crash which i walked away from. I suffered three relapses within a very short period of time which prompted my consultant to start me on Avonex.

I was taking Avonex for two years when i came across Rebif 44 whilst researching treatments on the internet. I asked my consultant if i could switch drugs and he agreed and i have been ...
Read more : Hello all. | Views : 1591 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Introductions

new but not diagnosed..

Hello all... just wanted to stop by I have been reading these posts and feel like.. wow this all sounds so firmiliar. I live in WA which for some reason has the highest MS rates in the nation. *shrugs* I have been to doctor after doctor for years and everything always gets blamed on stress and or anxiety disorder and according to doctors "nothing is ever wrong" however i have pretty much all of the ...
Read more : new but not diagnosed.. | Views : 1673 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Raised ALT levels with Rebif.

Hello all.

I was diagnosed with RRMS ten years ago and have been injecting myself with Rebif 44 for eight of those years. I have just recently had a blood test taken to moniter my liver and have been told by my M/S nurse that i have a level of 171 and that i should have another blood test. Is this considered high?

Thanks for your help.
Read more : Raised ALT levels with Rebif. | Views : 2313 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Brief Update

Hi Everyone,

I'll keep it brief because undoubtedly my posts here are still being read and monitored by people I'd rather not have reading and monitoring them.

Had to cancel my JH appointments in August in order to get my wisdom teeth extracted.

They said they'd call me when more appointment slots opened up. I have called back once more since then, but apparently there is nothing.

If anyone else knows what the deal is ...
Read more : Brief Update | Views : 1617 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

IL-12-, IL-23-modulated Tcells induce distinct types of EAE

I think this could be a posible explanation about different causes in EM.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18573909

Rita
Read more : IL-12-, IL-23-modulated Tcells induce distinct types of EAE | Views : 1401 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

New in California

Hi everyone we just found this site this week we think it's wonderful. My wife has had ms for 4 years and is on copaxone and done ok. I have been looking into LDN for her it sure sounds that it might be worth a try just wondered if any one has any thoughts on ldn. We are gonig to the neuro. in 10 days to talk to him about LDN. Thank You rnb
Read more : New in California | Views : 1266 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Young man with Diabetes II have low testosteron levels

Small studies in MS have also shown that MS Patients have a testosteron level in the lower normal bound. Increasing testosteron levels to normal high levels showed some promising effects.
As some see a link between insulin and MS this might be interesting:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 163927.htm

--Frank
Read more : Young man with Diabetes II have low testosteron levels | Views : 1537 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Going off Copaxone a few days? Good or Bad idea

Hello to all

I'm on Copaxone.

I wanted to test something. Does anyone know how many days I would have to be off the shots to be able to tell how I feel without them? I want to test it to see if maybe they are what is making me so sick. I was sick on Betaseron as in the bad flu side effects and more but now I've been getting worse and I wonder ...
Read more : Going off Copaxone a few days? Good or Bad idea | Views : 3431 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Copaxone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233882 • Total topics 25119 • Total members 16298

Contact us | Terms of Service