It is currently Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:25 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

ependymal stem cells

I've never heard of this type of stem cell, but they sound promising.

Stem cells used to reverse paralysis in animals

January 28, 2009 - A new study has found that transplantation of stem cells from the lining of the spinal cord, called ependymal stem cells, reverses paralysis associated with spinal cord injuries in laboratory tests. The findings show that the population of these cells after spinal cord injury was many times greater than comparable ...
Read more : ependymal stem cells | Views : 1395 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

LDN usage part 2

After some aggressive research, I have located an old school compounding Pharmacist in my home town. I was stunned to learn that he made and stocked LDN. I have inquired further and have heard everything from "genius" to "healer" when people describe this Pharmacist. Long to short: his version of LDN is liquid and dispensed in an adjustable dosage system. His thought is that it is much easier to build up to the required dosage ...
Read more : LDN usage part 2 | Views : 2628 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Gene Therapy in RA

Two people received genetherapy (IL-1) for RA with some encouraging results:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 153941.htm

--Frank
Read more : Gene Therapy in RA | Views : 3440 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gene Therapy

pregnant - update lost baby

:D title says it all. I am pregnant. Only 5 weeks so is very early days but I am thrilled. It's taken a long time to get this far and I had started to give up hope. I have a good feeling about this though. And I am feeling great, not to tired etc and just enough nausea to keep me happy that things are happening ...
Read more : pregnant - update lost baby | Views : 1950 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

This is for HEC

I will be in Seattle Feb 18-22. I sent you a Private Message but you've not picked it up.

Let me know if are around those days.
Read more : This is for HEC | Views : 1776 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Proverbs on Fatigue

Man who runs in front of car gets......tired.
Man who runs behind car gets.......exhausted.

How do those of you, who deal with fatigue make it through the day? I am curious what a "day in the life" of another ms'er who is affected by it lives?

I try to get rest but it's never enough. I have tried the provigil but it doesn't give me energy. Should I begin knawing on coffee beans? ...
Read more : Proverbs on Fatigue | Views : 1838 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

LARGER FONT

I have asked to enlarger the font on this site to no avail!!!!!!!!!!

Since I can no longer read because of MS vision problems, and so far have gotten the runaround!!

I will not be able to read the articles etc, on this site.

FIX THE PROBLEM!!!!

spiff
Read more : LARGER FONT | Views : 3147 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Suggestions

Opexa Provides Update on Various Corporate Developments

Just old stuff I'm afraid.

THE WOODLANDS, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan 20, 2009 - Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:OPXA), a company dedicated to the development of patient-specific cellular therapies for the treatment of autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis (MS) and diabetes, today announced an update on corporate activities. Since providing additional data analysis for its TERMS Phase IIb clinical trial in October, Opexa has been actively engaged in discussions to partner Tovaxin®, its lead therapy and novel ...
Read more : Opexa Provides Update on Various Corporate Developments | Views : 3135 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Bioness Story on Today Show

I went into work a little late this morning, and I caught a story on the Today show about a woman having good results using the Bioness device (I think that's how it''s spelled). I thought this was something new, and then I checked the medical devices forum here, and, sure enough, you guys were writing about these devices long ago.

You can watch the story here:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/
Read more : Bioness Story on Today Show | Views : 17622 | Replies : 97 | Forum : General Discussion

More worms for Lyon

A little dirt is good for you 27 January 2009

Ask mothers why babies are constantly picking things up from the floor or ground and putting them in their mouths, and chances are they’ll say that it’s instinctive — that that’s how babies explore the world. But why the mouth, when sight, hearing, touch and even scent are far better at identifying things?

When my young sons were exploring the streets of Brooklyn, I ...
Read more : More worms for Lyon | Views : 2028 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 237018 • Total topics 25702 • Total members 16997

Contact us | Terms of Service