It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:50 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Attack!

Am I the only one that is affected by the cooler weather in relation to it bringing on an "attack"? If I am in air conditioning too long, or if the weather changes to a cool, or rainy day, I will almost always begin to feel my symptoms appear. I know everybody has different symptoms, but I've only heard about adverse heat reactions, and not cold. Guess I'm "special."
Read more : Attack! | Views : 1416 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

ACTRIMS + ECTRIMS + LACTRIMS

The ACTRIMS + ECTRIMS + LACTRIMS conference is on, as many of you know. For my money, the presentations at this event are the most interesting of any conference over the last 5 years. Below are a whole lotta abstracts from today (so the embargo is off) that I find interesting. If you want to see more, go to:

http://msmontreal.abstractcentral.com/login – then select “Browse” from left-hand menu.
(thank you ...
Read more : ACTRIMS + ECTRIMS + LACTRIMS | Views : 3449 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Personality aspects in multiple sclerosis

Personality aspects in multiple sclerosis.

1: Ital J Neurol Sci. 1985 Dec;6(4):415-23.

To test the claim that peculiar personality bias is detectable in multiple sclerosis (MS) we used the Szondi test to investigate the psychodynamic aspects of 110 MS patients in comparison with 200 healthy subjects. MS patients appeared to have a greater need for love in a passive form than normal people, rigid defense mechanisms, difficulty in resolving their inner conflicts either by sublimation ...
Read more : Personality aspects in multiple sclerosis | Views : 3683 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General Discussion

5HTP?

Has anyone used this supplement? I was considering it and wondered if there are any contra-indications for ms'ers?

Thanks

J.
Read more : 5HTP? | Views : 1186 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Minocycline

My daughter's neuro has mentioned starting her on minocycline. She is currently taking Rebif 44mcg. I see this is fairly experimental. Does any one have any experiences with this treatment course?
Read more : Minocycline | Views : 14670 | Replies : 31 | Forum : Antibiotics

Exciting

Found this on the Accelerated Cure Project website:

<shortened url>
Read more : Exciting | Views : 1458 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Atlas of MS

This was published on Wednesday and I'm hoping it will distract Lyon for a few days so that we can have some relief from his constant postings.

http://www.msif.org/en/about_msif/what_ ... index.html
Read more : Atlas of MS | Views : 1657 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

I went on a vacation to Alaska

Hi gang,

Thought I post a link to my Picasa web album so you can see some of my photos from my trip to Alaska. I went the first week of August and I was beautiful, and cool. It felt great after summer in the south. I had actually had a relatively mild excerbation in July, with my first ever pins and needles feeling in my left hand and increased numbness on the left side. ...
Read more : I went on a vacation to Alaska | Views : 1784 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Daily Life

6 months anniversary

Just had a MRI and neuro appt. and I am happy to say nothing new or enhancing and a couple of them buggers are actually smaller.

I love this treatment.
Read more : 6 months anniversary | Views : 3997 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Need some help/advice

Hello everyone,

I introduced myself in topic about Enkorten therapy. Many of you probably didn't read it, so I'll introduce myself again.

My name is Adi, and I live in Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina). MY mom has MS, since 1994. Her condition was quite good for some time, but in the last year or two has become worse. She is not able to walk or sit at all.

As I didn't found a topic discussing ...
Read more : Need some help/advice | Views : 1964 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Daily Life

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 234318 • Total topics 25197 • Total members 16413

Contact us | Terms of Service