It is currently Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:07 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

NA channel blockers: the risks.

Although NA channel blockers seem to have beneficial effects, there are a couple of cautions here: first, withdrawal seems to cause serious complications. However they don't mention how sudden the withdrawal was, so maybe it will be a case of simply not stopping them quickly, as with several other drugs. Second, the sentence, " the effect of sodium channel blockers on immune cells", makes me wonder what that effect was.
Hopefully, this just amounts to ...
Read more : NA channel blockers: the risks. | Views : 1311 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Anyone watching OPXA stock?

What in the heck is going on besides the stock market sucking right now?
Read more : Anyone watching OPXA stock? | Views : 5138 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

IVIG treated SPMS and PPMS - trialresults

The results are not too impressive - just a slight trend in favour of IVIG.
Instead the number of people who left the study (120 out of 231!!!) sounds a bit strange.

--Frank
Read more : IVIG treated SPMS and PPMS - trialresults | Views : 1420 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

A noble prize and the pharmas

In an Interview in “La Vanguardia” a daily newspaper in Barcelona, the awarded the Nobel Prize in Medicine 1993 for his discovery of split genes Dr. Richard J. Roberts a Research Director at New England Biolabs, Beverly, Massachusetts, said “the big pharmas are not interested in find a cure they are just interested in money” so their interests are in medications for all your live (don't forget the side effects). “The pharmas left the antibiotic ...
Read more : A noble prize and the pharmas | Views : 1767 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Nervousness

I have long term problem with feeling nervous, I feel like I should write a very difficult test at school. The nerovusness includes also stomach problem and so on. Does it belong to MS symptoms? It does not matter If I am on Anti-Depresive cure or not, this feeling persists. I can´t stay on one place, and still I have to do anything with my hands. I do not know many people with MS, who ...
Read more : Nervousness | Views : 1492 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

PPMS

Here is an interesting overview of PPMS:

http://www.neura.net/channels/1.asp?id= ... ps=0&cpp=0
Read more : PPMS | Views : 1588 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Hi! I am new here.

Hey everyone. I have just spent 2 hours reading and reading posts here. This is a cool place. I was diagnosed a little over a year ago. I have had 3 flares in that time and lots of persistent symptoms; chronic vertigo, numbness and spasticity in my left leg, poor visual tracking, some bladder and bowel problems, poor balance, and word recall difficulties. For the most part, my symptoms are mild and I have adapted ...
Read more : Hi! I am new here. | Views : 1460 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

BIG PhARMA, BIG KaRMA

July 27th, 2007 7:17 pm
BIG PhRMA, BIG KaRMA

The drugs may be free but the bus costs us plenty

By David Schankula / ACE Weekly

Last Friday, help finally arrived for the sick and poor in Lexington, KY -- and it came in grand style.

A 45-foot long bright orange bus parked itself in front of the History Museum on Main Street and Mr. Montel Williams, talk show host and celebrity spokesperson for America's ...
Read more : BIG PhARMA, BIG KaRMA | Views : 981 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 224768 • Total topics 23504 • Total members 14895

Contact us | Terms of Service