It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:33 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Pain in shoulder

I was just wondering if anyone else gets sharp pains. my doc told me i had tendonitis of the shoulder years ago but they could never find any evidence of it. just wondered if it might be part of the MS (got diagnosed in November) or does anyone else experience pain... sometimes i just can't move its so sore - even sore if i am lying down :x ...
Read more : Pain in shoulder | Views : 843 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

question about clinics?

Hi, if those who have read my other posts "updated, blah blah" then u will kind know more. First here is my question and then I will explain the sitution. We need a special clinic, we live in Arkansas. Does anyone have any suggestions? Ok now here is what's went on last evening and today. The last paragraph is most relevant to the title

After talking with nurse for imd this is what I remember. ...
Read more : question about clinics? | Views : 1159 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

New way to grow brain cells.

From EurekAlert!

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- University of Florida researchers have shown ordinary human brain cells may share the prized qualities of self-renewal and adaptability normally associated with stem cells.

Writing online today (Aug. 16) in Development, scientists from UF's McKnight Brain Institute describe how they used mature human brain cells taken from epilepsy patients to generate new brain tissue in mice.

Furthermore, they can coax these pedestrian human cells to produce large amounts of new ...
Read more : New way to grow brain cells. | Views : 742 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

eye-lid weakness

Hello everyone. While I rarely post here, I am an avid reader!

I do have a question:

My right eye-lid is becoming weak. I began showing MS symptoms in 1999 and was then dx'd (RRMS) in 2000.

Since then, my eye-lid was droop during periods bad fatigue. But, in the last six months perhaps even a year, it is always a little lower than the other, and then goes to .25 or .5 closed during ...
Read more : eye-lid weakness | Views : 1457 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

High-Dose Cyclophosphamide

This is a drug they've been using for MS patients for many years, but it is interesting to me that it appears quite effective for some people with severe cases.

High-Dose Cyclophosphamide for Moderate to Severe Refractory Multiple Sclerosis.

Gladstone DE, Zamkoff KW, Krupp L, Peyster R, Sibony P, Christodoulou C, Locher E, Coyle PK.
Author Affiliations: Departments of Medicine, Neurology, Radiology, and Ophthalmology, State University of New York at Stony Brook.
Arch Neurol. 2006 ...
Read more : High-Dose Cyclophosphamide | Views : 852 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Interleukin 17 and 27 Study

Autoimmune brain inflammation studied

SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 15 (UPI) -- U.S. scientists say a key factor in development of brain inflammation may provide a new target for inflammatory diseases of the central nervous system.

In separate studies, Nico Ghilardi of Genentech Inc. in San Francisco and Christopher Hunter of the University of Pennsylvania studied different mouse models of brain inflammation that resemble human diseases, such as multiple sclerosis.

Both studies show brain inflammation is worse ...
Read more : Interleukin 17 and 27 Study | Views : 824 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

CHR-1103

Chromos updates on progress with development of CHR-1103 for treatment of MS
BURNABY, BC, Aug. 15 /CNW/ - Chromos Molecular Systems Inc. (TSX: CHR)
has taken several significant steps in the development of its lead product
candidate, CHR-1103. A humanized monoclonal antibody, CHR-1103 is being
developed for the acute treatment of relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis
(MS). Its unique mechanism of action has the potential to reduce the severity
of a relapse in patients with ...
Read more : CHR-1103 | Views : 1211 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Anyone heard of a drug called 4-ap ?

I had a Busy day yesterday, bad day today:

Visited my neuro yesterday and did a number of simple errands. I thought I was holding up great but today I feel really bad (ill). Guess I over spent my energy budget.

Anyway they said “no tysabri for you!”. I guess the’re only giving it to people who have a lot of active inflammation. They said PML risk is 1 in 1000. I can’t help but ...
Read more : Anyone heard of a drug called 4-ap ? | Views : 1378 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

eye question related to ms

My s/o has had worsening eye trouble. He has not been diagnosed with ms. The neuro has looked into his eyes during her exam.

My questions:

1. Is looking into the eyes find out all the information related to eyes and ms, or does he still need to see an eye doctor.

2. If he does need to see an eye doctor are they all the same, or is there a special kind he needs ...
Read more : eye question related to ms | Views : 1211 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Claribine Trial recruiting RRMS participants

https://host.veritasmedicine.com/trial/trial_questions.cfm?wid=1253&dis=637391&did=2311&rfr=hlogy

The CLARITY Study is a double-blind clinical trial of an oral form (tablet) of the investigational medicine Cladribine. Certain forms of Cladribine are approved for use in other illnesses, but research is still needed on treating multiple sclerosis with Cladribine tablets.

The study is testing a Cladribine tablet against a placebo tablet (an inactive look-alike tablet). Some questions researchers hope to answer are:

Does this study drug decrease the number of relapses?
Does this ...
Read more : Claribine Trial recruiting RRMS participants | Views : 1311 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216587 • Total topics 22129 • Total members 13918