It is currently Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:22 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Should I add an antiviral?

Hello!

I'm a young woman living in Europe (English is my third language).
I developed mild double vision in mid-February 2007, two days after a hepatitis A vaccination, which led to a neurology consult, spinal tap (positive) and CT (negative) on day 4, MRI (multiple T2 lesions) on day 5 and "probably MS"-diagnosis on day 6...
After the steroid course that started on day 7, I recovered completely.
Otherwise I was and am in excellent ...
Read more : Should I add an antiviral? | Views : 2278 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Regimens

A new track... (music)

I made a track about myself and my MS.

Listen to it here: Why

It's far from complete and it's badly mixed but I'm sure it will end up on my next album. But I wanted to give you all a preview :D Comments?... Please!

Johan
(on FTY720 and dropped from EDSS 5.5 to 2.0!)
Read more : A new track... (music) | Views : 1558 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

muscle pain and cramps with Avonex

Hi there

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with the really debilitating muscle cramps and pain that come with Avonex. I really want to keep on this medication, but this is a problem for me for about two days each week. I take the ibuprofen and tylenol that the docs tell me to, but although it helps with the fever and chills, it does nothing for the cramps (or headaches). I am ...
Read more : muscle pain and cramps with Avonex | Views : 9179 | Replies : 22 | Forum : Avonex

DNA Vaccine for MS

Tonight on the 5:30 pm Canadian Global TV national news, they had a very brief story about DNA being used in a vaccine to treat MS.

The story, which lasted all of about 20 seconds, stated that Phase II trials of this vaccine reduced brain lesions, (where have we heard that before?!) showed promise and the company was going to likely do Phase III trials. They didn't even mention the pharmaceutical company involved.

That's all ...
Read more : DNA Vaccine for MS | Views : 1264 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Combination therapy of Interferon+Copaxone

This study included 83 MS patients that where treated with either Interferon or Copaxone. Due to worsening 21 of them switched to a combined therapy for 16-24 months.
Apart from high perceived psychological impact in the combination group, no other significant differences between treatments were found.

--Frank
Read more : Combination therapy of Interferon+Copaxone | Views : 1096 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

3 years follow up Mitoxantrone

In 304 active RRMS or progressive MS patients, Mitoxantrone stabilised the dissease course for two years after Mitoxantrone discontinuation.
After that, people who did not get other dissease modifying drugs (Interferon / Copaxone) deteriorated.

Find the abstract here.

--Frank
Read more : 3 years follow up Mitoxantrone | Views : 1095 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Trial results for BHT-3009

Its a small, but placebo controled, trial with 30 RRMS and SPMS Patients that was conducted between 2004 and 2006.
No detailed efficiency results are reported here, just a positve trend in MRI parameters.
A Phase-IIb trial, including about 290 MS pateients, is already under way.

The source can be found here.

--Frank
Read more : Trial results for BHT-3009 | Views : 2142 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Kaleidascope/blind spot in right eye

Hi
I'm 11 weeks pregnant and have been doing great so far, MS-wise.

Just noticed with shock that I can't see properly in my right eye.
At first I thought I'd looked at something that had dazzled my eye, then I realised the vision is gone in a small central spot.
Then all around the spot it's gone like a moving kaleidascope.....very exciting altogether 8O (not!).

Now ...
Read more : Kaleidascope/blind spot in right eye | Views : 4401 | Replies : 29 | Forum : General Discussion

water exercise device

hi all,

i've been attempting to exercise again with some hits and misses. awhile back, i thought i saw a posting or a link regarding a equipment to wear while trying to do some cardio while in the pool. does anyone have any info on it or other pool/water cardio equipment?

thanks in advance,

tol
Read more : water exercise device | Views : 1411 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

New member from Central Florida

Uh . . . well - - i am a 37 year old stay-at-home Mom who was diagnosed on July 2 although I have had MS for 3+ years. Oops, screaming two year old running past computer . . . must catch!
Read more : New member from Central Florida | Views : 1512 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 224992 • Total topics 23556 • Total members 14919

Contact us | Terms of Service