It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:49 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Extension blood draw scheduled!

Well if finally happened. Two months behind schedule, but it finally happened. Bob told me to call down to Opexa and bug them since I was all screwed up about nothing going on. Lo and behold, the next day my blood draw gets scheduled. Coincidence?? Probably since they said they did all the first round of blood draw scheduling that day. They scheduled me for Dec. 26. I'm so freakin' happy to get this process ...
Read more : Extension blood draw scheduled! | Views : 4909 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Merk Serono drug pipeline

It looks like Merk Serono are also looking at treatments targetting B cells. They have treatment in Phase II called Atacicept for MS (click on R&D October 2007). I couldn't see this on your pipeline list. ... line.jsp#0

PS Osteopontin looks like it has moved up to Phase I
Read more : Merk Serono drug pipeline | Views : 1872 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

MBP 8298

BioMS are collaborating with Eli Lilly on MBP 8298 - which must be good news as the latter must have some confidence in the drug. ... 9&w=464753
Read more : MBP 8298 | Views : 1818 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Do you expect to deteriorate with time?

Hi guys,

I have recently been reading some posts on other ms forums and so many people seem to be doing quite badly with their ms.
So many different symptoms that they talk about like paralysis of a part of their body, total numbness, loss of bladder/bowel control, extreme fatigue, unable to cope with the heat, vertigo, dizziness, loss of speech, unable to walk etc etc.

I have never experienced any of these symptoms and ...
Read more : Do you expect to deteriorate with time? | Views : 2722 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Get ready for 24-hour living

Get ready for 24-hour living

SO MUCH to do, so little time. Between a hectic work schedule and a thriving social life, Yves (not his real name), a 31- year-old software developer from Seattle, often doesn't have time for a full night's sleep. So he swallows something to make sure he doesn't need one. "If I take a dose just before I go to bed, I can wake up after 4 or 5 hours and ...
Read more : Get ready for 24-hour living | Views : 1722 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Why Most Published Research Findings Are False

Why Most Published Research Findings Are False

John P. A. Ioannidis

There is increasing concern that most current published research findings are false. The probability that a research claim is true may depend on study power and bias, the number of other studies on the same question, and, importantly, the ratio of true to no relationships among the relationships probed in each scientific field. In this framework, a research finding is less likely to ...
Read more : Why Most Published Research Findings Are False | Views : 1604 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

High blood pressure and veins

Here's another suggestion that blood vessels have a role to play in MS, this time saying that high blood pressure can cause fistulas, (holes or channels which shouldn't be there and which allow material to flow),

1: Med Hypotheses. 2007 Dec 11
Raised venous pressure as a factor in multiple sclerosis.
Talbert DG.

Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology, Imperial College School of Medicine, Du Cane Road, London W12 ONN, United ...
Read more : High blood pressure and veins | Views : 1190 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

As the highest poster by far - I did put a 2,000 limit on your posts but will extend to 3,000 because it's Christmas (sorry Holiday season for those American's too afraid to use the 'c' word) - grateful if you could provide a layman's translation for the following research:

Normal-appearing white matter in multiple sclerosis is in a subtle balance between inflammation and neuroprotection 17 December 2007

Multiple sclerosis is a chronic ...
Read more : NAWM | Views : 1056 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

MRTCs, Masking/Suppressing, and Some Thoughts

Hi to all,

I know I have said this about 100 times, but here it is again. The hope for Tovaxin is that it will halt the progression of MS. If the body is no longer under attack, it may be able to repair some of the damage and restore some lost abilities. This might be a good time to reread my first post on the thread “Results will vary”. ...
Read more : MRTCs, Masking/Suppressing, and Some Thoughts | Views : 7889 | Replies : 24 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Login  •  Register

Total posts 227727 • Total topics 24056 • Total members 15405

Contact us | Terms of Service