It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:46 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

New with questions!

The situation is that last March I was diagnosed as having CIS, one attack, one lesion at C4-C5, brain scan totally clear and a positive lumber puncture. No 'official' dx, just a 50 50 chance. My mum also has RR MS.

10 months on, I had another MRI 2 weeks ago, brain scan now has 8 lesions, neuro wants me on DMD's.

Obviously it isnt much of a surpise, but at the same time ...
Read more : New with questions! | Views : 1970 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion to the place

Just passing through to introduce myself. :P
Read more : to the place | Views : 1425 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Introductions

cyclophosphamide patients from Johns Hopkins

Is there anyone that would like to share their experience with Drs Brodsky & Kerr's high dose cyclophosphamide treatment for multiple sclerosis?
Read more : cyclophosphamide patients from Johns Hopkins | Views : 11262 | Replies : 58 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Surprise in Lab Helps ID Drug to Fight ALS

Not sure if this falls under gene therapy really, but seemed as good as place as any.

"It is exciting not only from the standpoint of ALS, but also because of its implications for understanding basic cell biology. Rac1 is implicated in many cellular processes including cellular migration, proliferation and differentiation, and is an important component of inflammatory disease processes," team leader John Engelhardt, head of anatomy and cell biology at UI's Roy J. ...
Read more : Surprise in Lab Helps ID Drug to Fight ALS | Views : 2906 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gene Therapy

brain mapping

With this effort, the Blue Brain project and the Brain Atlas, science is doing some amazing stuff...

Mapping the Most Complex Structure in the Universe: Your Brain

January 24, 2008 - Wired - Harvard scientists have embarked upon an ambitious program to create a circuit diagram of the human brain, with the help of new machines that automatically turn brain tissue into high-resolution neural maps.

By mapping every synapse in the brain, researchers hope to ...
Read more : brain mapping | Views : 1895 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Nitrous oxide and ms?

I've seen a good few papers on Nitric oxide and MS, but just wondering about Nitrous oxide. <shortened url>
....excuse my ignorance but is it totally different?

It's just that nitrous oxide (tradename "Entonox") is used for pain relief during labour (34 wks pregnant at the moment!) and I'm researching my options - but I don't want to take it if it would increase relapse risk in any way.

Does anyone here know anything ...
Read more : Nitrous oxide and ms? | Views : 3347 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

I'm new with a question

Hi everyone, I've been reading these forums for awhile and you all seem quite helpful so I'm hoping you can answer my question for me.

sometimes I my arms (sometimes one at a time but sometimes both at the same time) start to tingle and then I get pain in my upper arm muscle that feels like a really bad cramp. my arm also feels heavy and weak and like I can't move it, but ...
Read more : I'm new with a question | Views : 1471 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Teen takes on donor's immune system

Demi-Lee Brennan had a liver transplant after she suffered liver failure. Nine months later, doctors at Sydney's Westmead Children's Hospital were amazed to find the teenager's blood group had changed to the donor's blood type.

Further tests revealed the stem cells from the donor liver had penetrated her bone marrow.
Read more : Teen takes on donor's immune system | Views : 1563 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

hello and thanks for all the info and support

hi. I have been visiting (lurking, researching, exploring) this site since last summer in support of a v. dear friend who finds it all too much to absorb, think about, handle on her own. You have a fantastic site and group of people here and the stories and information you share has been incredibly helpful to both my friend and myself.

Right now I am researching what some options are as her RRMS shifts into ...
Read more : hello and thanks for all the info and support | Views : 1413 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

recommend a neurologist

I am looking for a neurologist in the downtown Chicago area. Can anyone recommend one?
Read more : recommend a neurologist | Views : 1634 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228673 • Total topics 24195 • Total members 15489

Contact us | Terms of Service