It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:17 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

BAT SIGNAL - Urgent response desired!

Hey all,

Well I'm in the middle of a damn relapse. I don't know if it's the heat, the stress of 'waiting my turn', or if it's just relapse time. At any rate, this one is nasty since my legs were already weak. They aren't doing well and I have one question, and the urgency is related to the fact that the home nurse will be here in about 4 hours!

My question is if ...

MS fatigue or brain fog!

A funny video!

Those with MS fatigue is this how you feel?

Watch this Japanese illusionist/street magician at work. Apparently he's a young guy who disguises himself as an elderly man. But he is incredible - I don't know how he does the lean and wait until the end, never seen anything like it!! It doesn't end until you see the beginning again, so don't close it till then.

http://images2.jokaroo.net/videos/grandpajapan.wmv ...
Read more : MS fatigue or brain fog! | Views : 1605 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Humor

Response to Z paper

HERE IS A COMMENT on Dr Zamboni's paper published in December.
The author is Steven Brenner MD from the St Louis Veterans hospital neurology department.

Dear Editor,

I read the article by Zomboni (1) with interest, with respect to the interaction of the cerebral venous system and central nervous system in development of multiple sclerosis (MS).

An interaction between the central nervous system and venous system has been observed previously in MS lesions by F. ...
Read more : Response to Z paper | Views : 1942 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

need your help - How to cope with "issues" ?

I originally posted this in the General Discussion, i guess it belongs here :)

To make a long story short, my wife has had MS for at least 13 years. She has suffered through many exacerbations and resulting solumedrol treatments. As her neuro says "She is a very sick woman with a great many lesions".

My problem is that she is currently in the condition of needing ...
Read more : need your help - How to cope with "issues" ? | Views : 4102 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Friends and Family

Miscellaneous CCSVI questions

I have so many questions about CCSVI. It makes sense to me. I have an appointment with my neuro this month. I want to be armed and dangerous. :lol: I wish I could fly to Stanford, but it just is not physically possible in my hummer wheelchair.

Could the CCSVI cause optic neuritis?

Could it cause Bell’s palsy?

Could it cause syncope?

Could it cause us to ...
Read more : Miscellaneous CCSVI questions | Views : 3282 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Outbox, Sent box

I have messages in my outbox that I sent. They show up in my outbox and not in my sent box. Are they sent? Just not sure. Ken
Read more : Outbox, Sent box | Views : 1514 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Support

How to cope with "issues"?

To make a long story short, my wife has had MS for at least 13 years. She has suffered through many exacerbations and resulting solumedrol treatments. As her neuro says "She is a very sick woman with a great many lesions".

My problem is that she is currently in the condition of needing care for all her personal hygeine issues. I need to know if there is any tricks or methods that I could use ...
Read more : How to cope with "issues"? | Views : 2217 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

another new member... wifehasMS

Greetings all, thanks for all your time and efforts getting information posted here. It has helped me to help my wife alot already.
Read more : another new member... wifehasMS | Views : 1314 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Stent operation - main points?

I'm quite curious about the stent operation.. I would be pleased if you (who know) could tell main things about surgery.

So far I know something like this:
- usually problems are in jugular vein/s or Azygos vein (typical to ms)?
- jugulars are at neck area? and Azygos lower, between heart and neck, and near spine?
- patient is awake during operation?
- after operation patient has to use medicine to keep blood thin? ...
Read more : Stent operation - main points? | Views : 2144 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 241221 • Total topics 26396 • Total members 17571

Contact us | Terms of Service