It is currently Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:24 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

CellCept

Saw my Neurologist today. My PPMS is getting worse and he suggests that I try CellCept to lower my cell count. If that doesn't work he wants to try Rituxan. I am familiar with Rituxan but have never heard of CellCept until today. Any opinions or advice on this medication?
Read more : CellCept | Views : 1709 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

One for Lyon - Vit D and parasites

Bob,

You are nearing the 2,000 posts mark (mostly drivel). No need to respond to this one - but you will.

I hear that Arron has resigned as moderator as he can no longer stand reading your posts.

Ian

Migration and multiple sclerosis: The French West Indies experience. 30 October 2007

The French West Indies (FWI), i.e., the islands of Martinique and Guadeloupe, have recently experienced the emergence of multiple sclerosis (MS).

This epidemiological ...
Read more : One for Lyon - Vit D and parasites | Views : 1118 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Staring into space or Day Dreaming look

I would like to know if anyone else has had this symptom. I have had it for most of my time with MS.

You look like you are day dreaming/staring into space and you hear buzzing in the ears, eyes get blurry and face gets hot.
Read more : Staring into space or Day Dreaming look | Views : 1678 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

DIRECT-MS Presentation

DIRECT-MS would like to offer their latest presentation, Potential Therapeutic Characteristics of Pre-agricultural Diets in the Prevention and Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis. The format is a Voiced PowerPoint presentation (‘Webcast’) and the webcast is narrated by Dr Loren Cordain of the Colorado State University. Dr Cordain is a world renowned expert on health and the original human diet and is the author of the “Paleo Diet” and “The Paleo Diet for Athletes”.

Dr Cordain explains ...
Read more : DIRECT-MS Presentation | Views : 1113 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

marathon

My husband ran the 32nd Marine Corps Marathon this past Sunday. He ran it to raise funds for Accelerated Cure Project. He trained for 6 months in the hot, humid Florida weather. His goal (besides just finishing!) was to run the race in less than 5 hours. This was quite a lofty goal for a first time marathoner. His time was 4:58:32! It was an incredible experience, not just for him but for his family ...
Read more : marathon | Views : 2296 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Daily Life

Money for brain repair

Good to see valuable research getting some money. Dr. V. Wee Yong in Calgary is one of the minocycline researchers and has done a lot on MMP-9, among other things.

NeuroScience Canada Awards $3 million to Two Brain Repair Program Research Teams

Marketwire - Oct. 30, 2007 - The Hon. Michael J. L. Kirby, Chair of the Board of Directors of NeuroScience Canada, is pleased to announce the recipients of two grants of $1.5 million ...
Read more : Money for brain repair | Views : 1236 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Does anyone read these?!?!?

I posted on the REBIF specific message board literally 100 years ago and no one posted back. I feel kind of like if a tree falls down in the forest and no one is there to hear it does it make a sound when it falls?!?! Yes, that's right I'm philosophical too!!
Kelli
Read more : Does anyone read these?!?!? | Views : 3306 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General Discussion

Revimmune Testimonial and Questions Answered!

This man sent me an email the other day trying to ease my fears about the treatment. I was able to ask him a ton of questions. Here is the email and the questions. Feel free to ask any questions!

Chris,

I have read many of your blogs on THISISMS and then I went to your website. After reading all of your material you appear to be extremely proactive in dealing with this disease. I ...

An LDN question, that's been bugging me for a while..

Hi there,
I'm not particularly an LDN sceptic (I'd take it if I had PPMS,after all there's nothing else right now), but there is a point that's been bugging me for quite some time.

Is there any clinical proof that LDN can't be taken with interferons?

Now, I'm asking this because in the UK, the main LDN prescribing doctors hold this view. The CRAB drugs have only been widely available in the UK since 2002, ...
Read more : An LDN question, that's been bugging me for a while.. | Views : 1112 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Injecting in shoulder

I was wondering if anyone here rotates their shoulders into their injection routine, and whether they use the 1 and 1/4 inch needle or the 1 inch (or anything else). Im thinking about getting my arms into the rotation since I feel as though my legs can use a longer break between shots.

Im receiving the shorter needles this week just in case I decide to do it in the arm. Im still not to ...
Read more : Injecting in shoulder | Views : 2823 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Avonex

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 226721 • Total topics 23881 • Total members 15154

Contact us | Terms of Service