It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:57 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Franks Tysabri exp., little sideeffects, no improvement

Hi,

I'm 30yo, EDSS around 2, currently 12 years with RRMS now. I live in germany and just got my 3rd Tysabri infusion.

I noticed mild sideeffects, like little headache on the infusionday and some occasional dizzynes.

I cant report any improvement so far but I'll be happy if things wont get worse.

I'll be back if things change...

--Frank

Five years time

Dear all (especially GWA),

Happy New Year.

Crystal ball stuff from a leading Canadian MS researcher (for those who don't think that there will be better treatments in the future - no need to read on or comment).

http://www.msanswers.ca/QuestionView.aspx?L=2&QID=381

Ian
Read more : Five years time | Views : 1525 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

restless leg treatment with levodopa

I have heard a lot speak of restless leg issues. I came across this while looking into levodopa for tremor.
... The patient was treated with 500 mg prednisolone intravenously over 5 days without any clinical effect. However, a single dose of 100 mg levodopa plus benserazide led to a dramatic improvement of the restless legs syndrome. The levodopa treatment was continued and resulted in complete relief.

http://jnnp.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/66/5/688a
Read more : restless leg treatment with levodopa | Views : 795 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Long term steroid use failure

It appears to be well accepted, that steroid use provides initial benefits, but fails in the long term. I am sure I have read how patiets start off beter than the control group, but at the 10 year mark or something their progression catches up to the control group.

Is it documented anywhere exactly what action of the steroids fail in the long term?
Read more : Long term steroid use failure | Views : 1582 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

MEG Scanners

Not MS-specific, but the technology sounds impressive.

MEG Scanners Are Mega Powerful

January 4, 2007 - Wired - Magneto-encephalography, or MEG, scanners are proving to be one of the most powerful tools in the hands of scientists using the machines to observe important details about epilepsy, brain tumors, emotions, pain perception and more.

While the technology has existed for decades, improved computing power and hardware have recently increased interest in the scanners. There are an ...
Read more : MEG Scanners | Views : 678 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

call me vain - but just wondering. .

copaxone is working for me. i get the dents though and i hate them. what i was wondering was that if anyone knew if lipoatrophy was reversible through plastic surgery? new treatments are going to be coming out in the next 5-6 years for MS and it would just be nice to think about having nice legs again. . . just wondered if anyone had even thought about this. . seems pretty silly in the ...
Read more : call me vain - but just wondering. . | Views : 6047 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Copaxone

Introduction and a question about mechanism of action

Hi,

my name is Frank, I'm 30yo and I live in germany.
I have RRMS with an EDSS around 2 I guess. I'm able to walk up to 8km in about 90mins - but after that distance my right foot is dropping a bit and my right leg feels really heavy.

I was on Copaxone at first and switched to Tysabri this summer.

Since yesterday I read with great interest about your idea of MS ...
Read more : Introduction and a question about mechanism of action | Views : 4926 | Replies : 18 | Forum : Regimens

Axonal degeneration

The plot thickens...

Contrasting Roles for Axonal Degeneration in an Autoimmune versus Viral Model of Multiple Sclerosis: When Can Axonal Injury Be Beneficial?

Am J Pathol. 2007 Jan;170(1):214-26.
Tsunoda I, Tanaka T, Terry EJ, Fujinami RS.
Department of Neurology, University of Utah School of Medicine, 30 North 1900 East, Room 3R330, Salt Lake City, UT 84132. robert.fujinami@hsc.utah.edu.

Although demyelination is a cardinal feature in multiple sclerosis, axonal injury also occurs. ...
Read more : Axonal degeneration | Views : 1023 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Get Off Avonex Due To Muscle Cramping

Everyone I've been on avonex for 4.5 years and have been having for the last year extreme muscle cramps that are making it hard for me to function on a daily basis. i've been thinking lately that Avonex is not being beneficial to me anymore. I've been contemplating whether or not to stop taking Avonex. the true question is though is stoping Avonex going to help me day to day or going to hurt me ...
Read more : Get Off Avonex Due To Muscle Cramping | Views : 3040 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Avonex

Harry

has your wife tried antibiotics, ldn , vitamins, lipitor, ect please let me know if she found any of these helpful. she has hade ms for a long time and i just wondered. thx
Read more : Harry | Views : 1318 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220015 • Total topics 22748 • Total members 14352

Contact us | Terms of Service