It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:16 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Clonus

it is bad in my legs, will it stop getting worse or continue till it is constant?
Read more : Clonus | Views : 1548 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Association between multiple sclerosis and cystic structures

Has this study been discussed here before? I found it most interesting...

Association between multiple sclerosis and cystic structures in cerebrospinal fluid.
Brorson O, Brorson SH, Henriksen TH, Skogen PR, Schøyen R.

Dept. of Microbiology, Vestfold Sentralsykehus, Tønsberg, Norway.

BACKGROUND: The aim of the study was to search for infectious agents in the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) of patients with multiple sclerosis (MS). PATIENTS AND METHODS: CSF from ten patients with the diagnosis relapsing remitting MS ...
Read more : Association between multiple sclerosis and cystic structures | Views : 1382 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Do you really think there will be a cure?

I love this site...but have to ask. Do you think they will find the cure for this illness. I have to believe they will but everyone on here knows so much about studies and current ideas I just had to ask.

It seems to have eluded the medical world so far and I will be going on Thursday to see my Consultant. To be honest I find it a waste of time as never get ...
Read more : Do you really think there will be a cure? | Views : 7771 | Replies : 53 | Forum : General Discussion

How long after.....

How long after you are first diagnosed, did you have another attack?

I have had just the one attack, over a year ago, and been off medicine, both main stream, or other for about 5-6 months.
Most of my symtpoms have gone, the few I had. The numbness and tingling in the legs as almost all but left, only hot and cold issues with the one leg.

Im starting to wonder if the spinal lesion ...
Read more : How long after..... | Views : 1700 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

OK im mad!!!!!!

:x So i went to the doctor today to talk about my worsening symptoms he pretty much did not {sugar coat} anything he said you more than likly have MS for my arm and my foot going to sleep i would have to have 2 pinched nerves one at the top of my spine and one at the bottom,he said im just going to have to battle ...
Read more : OK im mad!!!!!! | Views : 1293 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

'Autoantibodies' may be created in response to bacterial DNA

'Autoantibodies' may be created in response to bacterial DNA (w/Video)

http://www.physorg.com/news160046187.html

Autoimmune diseases have long been regarded as illnesses in which the immune system creates autoantibodies to attack the body itself. But, researchers at the California non-profit Autoimmunity Research Foundation (ARF) explain that the antibodies observed in autoimmune disease actually result from alteration of human genes and gene products by hidden bacteria.
Read more : 'Autoantibodies' may be created in response to bacterial DNA | Views : 1267 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Look what I found!!

this morning !!

8.6 lbs and 20" long, she is so sweet. she did have slightly low blood sugar so they started and IV to get her levels up (mom did not eat much yesterday and they said that had much to do with it) other than that she is doing great!!!

her name is "Landry Abigail" :lol:
Read more : Look what I found!! | Views : 2973 | Replies : 25 | Forum : General Discussion

driver's lisence suspended, voluntarily?

this is sort of long. it's some of my feelings on losing my driver's license. Which at the point isn't much of a big deal, but I'm making it one. Californians love their cars, I guess, Everything is spread out, here.

catlover1968 wrote:
If they only knew........

that's how I've been feeling, as the "lace curtain" and double vision get worse. I've had my share of accidents in the past, but all were due to ...
Read more : driver's lisence suspended, voluntarily? | Views : 2027 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Daily Life

random numb patch?

I first noticed it on Thursday... and its now Sunday and its still there.

I have a random numb patch on my chest from just below my collarbone to just midway on my breast. And its only on the left side.

This is new... and very random. Wondering if anyone else has these random patches?
Read more : random numb patch? | Views : 1769 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

NMO / Devic ?!

Hi,

my younger sister and me were both dx with MS in 2006.

I'm confused at the moment: Some weeks ago my sister went to a hospital to see another neuro bcause her doctor thinks about switching her to tysabri (at the moment she is on Rebif44) - she had 7 excerbations within 1 year and at least 7 new lesions in the spinal cord... Now she has sometimes troubles walking.

The doctor in the ...
Read more : NMO / Devic ?! | Views : 1782 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 239267 • Total topics 26103 • Total members 17379

Contact us | Terms of Service