It is currently Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:42 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

World Congress on Treatment and Research in MS-Abstracts

Hi all

The abstracts for the World Congress on Treatment and Research in MS starting Sept. 17th in Montreal are available for reading (they're under embargo until presented.)

Here's the link to the program and at the very top you'll see a link to the "itinerary planner", that will take you to the abstracts (browse).

Quick glance suggests there's going to be lots of presentations and poster sessions on numerous topics.

Sharon
Read more : World Congress on Treatment and Research in MS-Abstracts | Views : 1310 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Zanaflex Your experiences with this medication

Hello Everyone,

I'm not on anything for my MS except the Copaxone which I really want to stop soon. I stopped all the stuff they gave me to go along with the MS issues ( Provigil, Baclofen, Neurontin...) I just hated them.

My new doc wanted me to try a small dose at night of Zanaflex. He gave me the Rx for it, I have yet to fill it because I really wanted to get ...
Read more : Zanaflex Your experiences with this medication | Views : 1539 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Lingo

HarryZ will like this story - it shows what nice folks Biogen are.

Biogen Idec testing regenerative medicine drug to reverse the path of Multiple Sclerosis 27 August 2008

Biogen Idec has made a lot of its money on Avonex and Tysabri, drugs that slow down the rate of flare-ups for people with multiple sclerosis. Now the Cambridge, MA-based biotech company is pursuing a loftier goal. It is working on the first experimental drug ...
Read more : Lingo | Views : 2272 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Just switched to Rebif

Hello, I was dx in Feb this year. I went to sleep one night fine and when I woke up in the morning for work I got out of the shower and was sweating profusely and was extremely dizzy. I couldn't move and was out of work for about 4 weeks during which time I went to a doctor who dx me with vertigo, from there I went to an ENT (ear/nose/throat) who sent me ...
Read more : Just switched to Rebif | Views : 2347 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Rebif

new here

Just saying hey. I'll post my story in another forum
Read more : new here | Views : 1309 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

NEW GUY

Hi everyone. I'm not new to MS, just here. I was dx in 06. I have looked at a few post's and like the positive vibe.

I also like to share my story. It's on my website. Click it or don't but have a great day. I'll be reading
http://www.chriscoxrox.com/bio.html

Peace,
CC :D
Read more : NEW GUY | Views : 1786 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Introductions

Michelle Obama: Her Father's MS

It was incredibly moving to listen to Michelle Obama's speech at the Democratic national convention last night. She described how her father was diagnosed with MS in his thirties, and how he struggled, everyday, to get up and get to his job as a blue collar employee at the local water plant. He ultimately died too young, from complications of MS- but remains an inspiration to his daughter. He taught her and her brother the ...
Read more : Michelle Obama: Her Father's MS | Views : 8804 | Replies : 30 | Forum : General Discussion

Selective Diabetes Typ I treatment

The method modulates the TNF activity to stop the ongoing damage.
When dissease activity is halted the animals were able to regrow functioning islet cells.
Animal studies were successful, first clinical trials are underway:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 175001.htm

--Frank
Read more : Selective Diabetes Typ I treatment | Views : 1594 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

New labelling

Biogen, FDA work to amend Multiple Sclerosis drug Tysabri's label 26 August 2008

A warning on Biogen Idec and Elan Corp's drug, Tysabri, has been revised following two recent reports of a potentially fatal brain infection, Biogen said.

The company plans to provide an update on the two patients on today at a medical conference in Madrid, Biogen spokeswoman Shannon Altimari also said.

Still, both companies were down sharply since they disclosed on July ...
Read more : New labelling | Views : 1654 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

*UPdate* Visit with New Neuro Doc

:? Ok as if I was not already confused enough about this MS since my Dx in Feb of this year!

I met with the new Neuro Doc ( Duke). Very nice doctor. He took alot of time with me which I greatly appreciated. However I left saying to myself "Who's right?" My first Neuro Doc or this one. He didn't seem to agree with much of ...
Read more : *UPdate* Visit with New Neuro Doc | Views : 2933 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233882 • Total topics 25119 • Total members 16298

Contact us | Terms of Service