It is currently Sun May 01, 2016 11:09 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

New neuro

My neuro moved to to be director of the Stanford MS center (Jeff Dunn)
I had to get a new guy so I got a local person instead of making the big trip to Seattle all the time.

Wow, different having a neuro who is not an MS center! he was against everything beyond regular CRABS including revimmune "That'll hurt your kidneys". (He had prescribed novantrone to 4 people and all of them got heart ...
Read more : New neuro | Views : 1716 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

How long for interferons?

How long do interferons remain in our systems?

I can't seem to find any information to find how long it takes for our bodies to be clear of it. I would imagine there must be variances with methods (subcutaneous vs. intramuscular) and type and of course we all have different metabolisms.

I have been off of Rebif for two months now. I read somewhere recently that it takes up to 6 months for Rebif and ...
Read more : How long for interferons? | Views : 1491 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Matthew Scudder series by Lawrence Block

It's hard not to like this author or his character. Block is an Edgar Award winner as well as the Shamus Award. His writing is tight and very descriptive and this character has a dark side that's easy to like. There are a ton of books in this series and it doesn't matter whether you start at the first or just fall into the series somewhere in the middle. They're all terrific. Is anyone else ...
Read more : Matthew Scudder series by Lawrence Block | Views : 3009 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Reading Nook

Stem Cell Therapies

I spent less than 20k in Thailand, here is the letter I sent them when I got home.

Thank you for the medical care that I received during the stem cell procedure in Bangkok, Thailand. The doctors were the highest professional level. The science was advance. Your team's gentleness and care made it much easier than I experienced in any other medical or hospital facility outside Thailand.

I must admit that at first I had ...
Read more : Stem Cell Therapies | Views : 2435 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Stem Cells

sorry guys

crap sorry guys . I have been up since one am this morning 2 days in a row. here you go men

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUmIO_MG5IU
Read more : sorry guys | Views : 1652 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Humor

help please!!

so as some of you may know from my previous posts, i've been suspicious of having MS for about a month or so now. Well, my opthomalogist agreed to get me an MRI (with and without contrast). The results came in today and i'm at a loss. Technically, the MRI came back clear. No lesions whatsoever. The only thing is it showed some "thickening" or "scarring" ( i forget exactly what word they used) on ...
Read more : help please!! | Views : 3153 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Discussion

I'M GOING - PACKING MY BAGS - It's SOON!

Okay, don't mean to "yell" - but I can barely breathe.

I have my official appointments and I can't believe for how soon they are!! OMG! I'm going. It's real. I need to get my tickets and hotel set up ASAP - I'm not going to post my dates here - because I just got a bad vibe on here the other day....but if you email me and ask - I will tell you!!!!! ...
Read more : I'M GOING - PACKING MY BAGS - It's SOON! | Views : 2119 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Medicare covers the Revimmune (HiCy) Treatment

I found out today from the JH Coordinator in charge of getting the insurance approval that Medicare is covering my In hospital stay and the IPOP visits for the Revimmune (HiCy) treatment. Now Medicare only covers 80% of the total treatment which is standard. Make sure if you are going to use Medicare that you have a good Medigap Insurance Plan to cover the other 20%. I am using BCBS (Cplus) Medigap Insurance Plan. No ...

Triomar, aka omega-3s - Norwegian study-RESULTS?

Anyone know what's up with the study on "Triomar," which is I guess a pharmaceuticalized form of omega-3s?

It is listed as "COMPLETED" in its listing at ClinicalTrials.gov (identifier # NCT00360906), but in the study description it says

Estimated Enrollment: 100
Study Start Date: December 2004
Estimated Study Completion Date: July 2008

So, does this mean that the study was completed early (prior to estimated date of July '08), or maybe that the trial is ...
Read more : Triomar, aka omega-3s - Norwegian study-RESULTS? | Views : 3463 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Low white blood count yet again

I've been freezing at night since i gave birth 3 month ago.
Got bloods done.

Thyroid ok, iron ok, but for about fifth time in last 8 years, I have a low white blood count.
My gp is going to retest in a few weeks.
But just wondering if any other MS'ers have had a low white blood count?
Maybe its copaxone?

Just a tiny worry emerging......lupus? I had positive ANA when I had tests ...
Read more : Low white blood count yet again | Views : 2013 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232052 • Total topics 24789 • Total members 15951

Contact us | Terms of Service