It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:20 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Reactivation ?

Hi , just wondering if any pf the patients that have had this treatment AND copaxone relapsed ?

This is the data I REALLY want see

It's going to be quite interesting to see what happens, because copax was rock solid in preventing an MS "like" disease in mice.

Intersesting times abound

Sandon
Read more : Reactivation ? | Views : 4311 | Replies : 20 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Anyone currently trying 4-Ap?

Since my greatest disability is walking I decided to give 4-Ap or aminopyridine a try for some symptomatic relief. It was prescribed for me at the dose of 5mg TID. Has anyone had any luck with it? How long did it take to notice a change? I just swallowed the first pill today so I know I have to be patient.
Read more : Anyone currently trying 4-Ap? | Views : 4953 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Embryonic Stem Cells Reduce M.S. symptoms <:3

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/120874.php

http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi ... ne.0003145

Hadassah University Hospital and Hadasit, the technology transfer company of Hadassah Medical Organization, announced that scientists at Hadassah University Hospital have discovered a new application for human embryonic stem cells. They have demonstrated for the first time that transplanted neural cells derived from human embryonic stem cells can reduce the clinical symptoms in animals with a form of multiple ...
Read more : Embryonic Stem Cells Reduce M.S. symptoms <:3 | Views : 2208 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Stem Cells

cheering you up

so, cheer's away for a bit. she has asked me to take on cheering you guys up if needed, in her absence. so if any of you need electronic hugs or something, i'm on it. never mind the scary avatar, it doesn't bite
<HUGZ>thisisms</HUGZ>
Read more : cheering you up | Views : 1301 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Hands

This disease is so cruel. Spent the last four years worrying about walking. Now having an attack that's left nerve damage affecting my hands. They're weak, uncoordinated, and hyper-sensitive simultaneously. F***! 3 days of IV prednisone improved the symptoms from unbearable to awful. Whoopidy f***in doo! Showering is an adventure. Wiping my ass is harder than astro-physics. (Sorry). It's been three weeks. I'm a desk jockey; never thought an I'd have an injury resulting in ...
Read more : Hands | Views : 1550 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

sleepiness

hi everybody!
I've been here before (in May) but now I have a new question. I have re-started taking Tysabri yesterday (I have already taken it in April but had a very bad experience since - I think - it was overrun by a hepathitis vaccin which is in itself no good for MS though my doctor did not mention it... + I had a seriouds relapse with my (non)walking) Anyway, this time it seems ...
Read more : sleepiness | Views : 2177 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

shortness of breath

I was diagnosed with RRMS about 9 years ago, and have had a pretty easy go of it. My concern relates to chronic persistent shortness of breath I've experienced for about a year now; it seems to be worsened while doing exercises involving changing my head elevation. For example, when I do squats in the gym with a moderate amount of weight, I feel very lightheaded, dizzy, and of course short of breath. I even ...
Read more : shortness of breath | Views : 12965 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General Discussion

When will it make a difference?

I have been on Copaxone for 3 months now and I am still waiting for it to make a difference. I have had 1 fairly major relapse and am less healthy now then when I started, I have new symptoms popping up such as numb fingers. The MS hug is finally fading after 4 weeks!

My skin is covered in bruises and blotchy patches. Is it really all worth this? They didn't tell me it ...
Read more : When will it make a difference? | Views : 2004 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Copaxone

Need Help

Alright, So NYS decide that 50 cents over min wage means you dont get state health care. So, I cant afford to keep paying for Betaseron anymore, which doesnt matter cause I dont like all the side effects it gives me. BUT....
No insurance means no doctors anymore, or anything. So I need to know what would be the best vitimins and such to take daily to fight MS.
Read more : Need Help | Views : 1873 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Regimens

Getting to Grips with MS

The local branch of the MS Society is runnign a course called 'getting to grips' - It starts next week and will run for 6 weeks, one evening a week. There will be neuros, MS sufferers, the local MS therapy centre etc coming to talk.

In the first week there is an opportunity to write down questions for the neuro to answer the following week. Any suggestions on what to ask - the truth is ...
Read more : Getting to Grips with MS | Views : 1429 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 234295 • Total topics 25196 • Total members 16412

Contact us | Terms of Service