It is currently Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:08 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Virtual reality device - gait, balance

Frank wrote:This press-release introduces a new devices to help MS patients improve their gait.

Here you can find the products homepage.
The complete (audio+video) device is available for 1145$.

--Frank
Read more : Virtual reality device - gait, balance | Views : 2641 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Medical Devices

Blood donation and MS

I know that this question has been asked before so I thought I'd post an answer. According to the newest issue of the NMSS magazine the Red Cross now accepts blood from those dxed with MS since there is no evidence it is trasmitted via blood. It also says that most medications taken for chronic illnesses won't disqualify a donor. Just thought I'd share.
Read more : Blood donation and MS | Views : 1649 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Another one on board, vicariously

So, I won't use his real name, but let me tell you an abx story. We'll do this as it unfolds, since he's just started the protocol... slowly.

We're talking about my former boyfriend. High school. A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. I sent him a note when I got my MS diagnosis, thinking it might be the last time I could coherently convey the information (I was sliding so ...
Read more : Another one on board, vicariously | Views : 7896 | Replies : 30 | Forum : Antibiotics

Anyone else ANA positive?

I was diagnosed several weeks ago with probable ms. I have 25 lesions in the subcortical region, in the periventricular white matter that showed up on my mri. All of my bloodwork is normal, except the ANA, which was positive. My doctor screened for SSA and SSB, but they were negative and Sjorgrens was ruled out. I am still waiting for the titers to come back from the ANA, and was just wondering if anyone ...
Read more : Anyone else ANA positive? | Views : 2494 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Baclofen for spasticity

I just started this a couple of days ago. For those who don't know, it is a muscle relaxant prescribed for MS or people with spinal injuries. I am amazed at the benefits I am getting. I didn't realize how stiff my legs were and how much it has been contributing to my difficulty walking until I got on this relaxant. It has definitely changed my ability to get around for the better!

So, my ...
Read more : Baclofen for spasticity | Views : 12057 | Replies : 40 | Forum : Regimens

Under suggestions

The first posts under this subject are actually under the suggestions topic. We've been talking about the Walkaide and Bioness.
Read more : Under suggestions | Views : 2151 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Medical Devices

Blueberries, Dendrites and Viruses

Cruising through some of the Society for Neuroscience 2007 Abstracts (99.9% of which I can’t begin to understand) I came across this and thought it was a rather intriguing bit of info. Blueberry extract (in rats of course) can counter act some of the age related loss of dendrites and help with “brain circuitry”.

Sorry I can’t link to the actual abstract but here’s the title:

Dietary enrichment with 2% blueberry extract to aged ...
Read more : Blueberries, Dendrites and Viruses | Views : 2287 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Natural Approach

Dignan - do something useful

Dignan,

You've gone very quiet of late which worries me - late night drinking? Lap-dancing clubs?

I have found some interesting publications. The only trouble - $6,000 each. But you're Canadian - an American with a nicer accent - and, no doubt, well off. Alright, the girls aren't as pretty in Canada (Celine Dion!), but there's cleaner air up there. To give you something to do during the Winter months (we have lots of theatres ...
Read more : Dignan - do something useful | Views : 1461 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Stem cells abandon sites of injury

One of the most frustrating things about the central nervous system is the fact that it doesn't repair itself like the rest of the body – something stops the normal repair mechanisms from working – and Netrin-1 sounds like it could be involved. It makes stem cells migrate away from the site of injury, but as so often happens it can have completely the opposite function: attracting stem cells into the right positions in the ...
Read more : Stem cells abandon sites of injury | Views : 1066 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Hello from Romania

My name is Petru from Romania.
I am 47 and I was diagnosed with MS in 1985
My initial diagnosis was RRMS, I had optic neuritis in my right eye.
Now I have SPMS
I currently take Betaseron from 2005 and lots of vitamins
I have four sons, 26, 24, 19 & 17. I hope and pray they never get MS, but if they do, at least there are better treatments today.
I'm really happy ...
Read more : Hello from Romania | Views : 1741 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 227073 • Total topics 23943 • Total members 15242

Contact us | Terms of Service