It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:54 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Clinical trials 2009

Poor Dignan is living in some God foresaken part of Canada in a town with no attractive women and still under 12 foot of snow. To make things worse our football (soccer) team (Arsenal) had a bad end to the season so he's a bit depressed. To stop him spending all his time down the local bar / pole dancing club, I've found him something to keep him busy.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/news/n ... ...
Read more : Clinical trials 2009 | Views : 2329 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

My Campath Story

WOW, what an interesting but very stressful journey to finally get to this point! The short version of the story is that I was a Tovaxin lab rat who received Tovaxin during the 1 year of the Phase IIb trial and then 4 out of 5 vaccinations in the extension phase before Opexa ran out of money and shut the study down. At that point it seemed like the obvious thing to do was enter ...
Read more : My Campath Story | Views : 3432 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Trying to Get Referral for NYC

I just spoke with Angela from Dr. Dake's office, regarding any possible referral he might be able to give me for a doctor to reach out to in New York City. She said she knows that Dr. Dake does have contacts with people here in the Big Apple, and that he'll get back to me sometime either later today or tomorrow. She was extremely gracious and helpful...

As I've said before, I'm not completely convinced ...
Read more : Trying to Get Referral for NYC | Views : 3674 | Replies : 21 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

CCSVI- Glossary

Here are some common terms in the CCSVI handbook. Please PM me if there are additional terms you think we should add, or better definitions, and I'll update-
cheer

agenesis a type of narrowing (stenosis) of the vein seen by Dr. Zamboni - Absence, failure of formation, or imperfect development of any part.

annulus a type of narrowing (stenosis) of the vein seen by Dr. Zamboni- A ring, a circular or ring shaped structure, as ...
Read more : CCSVI- Glossary | Views : 22772 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

love this topic!!!!

May 18, 2009

Detecting Nervous System Repair in MS: International Workshop Findings Published

What if a new therapy was developed to protect brain cells from damage and even regenerate new cells to repair damage caused by MS, but there was no way to prove that it works? The question of how to detect nervous system protection and repair in people with MS – without having to wait possibly years to observe a person’s disease progression ...
Read more : love this topic!!!! | Views : 1293 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

CCSVI skeptics

I was curious to see what my neurologist would say about all this - here is his response to my asking for any leads for an MRV scan:

I am afraid I cannot support this. I have read the material and find it totally implausible. Doing MRV is not a problem but there are significant costs assoicated with it and absolutely no persuasive evidence that is would be beneficial. There are significant risks associated with ...
Read more : CCSVI skeptics | Views : 22070 | Replies : 202 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

a glossary?

I am way behind in reading this thread/forum. Could someone do a sticky glossary at the top: stent, stenosis, that kind of stuff...? Please.
Read more : a glossary? | Views : 1775 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Blog Post Regarding CCVI

I've posted to my blog some info regarding CCVI, and have included a link to this forum.

http://www.wheelchairkamikaze.com/

Please give my post the once over twice, and report back if I've misstated anything.

Thanks...
Read more : Blog Post Regarding CCVI | Views : 2074 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A few questions, but I'll go slowly.

The nurses in my office once mentioned that African Americans tend to be more affected by MS than caucasions. How would CCSVI explain why certain groups, such as males or African Americans , tend to be more quickly/negatively affected by MS? Any ideas?

ON?

Retinal vein occlusion.

Doesn't this sound like ON?

It seems to fit with the CCSVI.

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders ... rview.aspx

I was looking to see which vein led up to the eyes and was only mildly surprised to see a diagram of the jugular vein leading you right on up
to it.

http://anatomy.uams.edu/AnatomyHTML/vei ... &neck.html

Google Books Link
<shortened url>

Now, who wants to explain/investigate ...
Read more : ON? | Views : 1770 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240107 • Total topics 26235 • Total members 17480

Contact us | Terms of Service