It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:56 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

pilates

The local chapter of the MS society here has started a free weekly pilates class and it is wonderful. Everyone in the class has MS and so not everyone can do the full version of each exercise, but everyone does what they can. I enjoy it so much more than yoga, where leg spasticity poses frequent problems. Encourage your local MS society chapter to sponsor a class and then support it! I know I feel ...
Read more : pilates | Views : 3207 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Exercise and Physical Therapy

Lumbar Stenosis and Associated Deformities

I am having more and more problems walking. It takes everything I've got to walk a few blocs. I remember my buddy reading my MRI of my spine eight years ago and telling me I have lumbar stenosis.

Read this article carefully:

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/448310_2

My chronic back pain (upper right side), my foot drop, my difficulty walking lead me to believe that my stenosis is getting worse. Any thoughts on ...
Read more : Lumbar Stenosis and Associated Deformities | Views : 1312 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Neurovax

It was interesting to read that this study has finally started...however..i've been a little frustrated on how long it seems to take to start these trials...i know that there are certain mechanisms necessary to get a study off the ground (e.g. pass an IRB, funding, etc...), but i can't imagine there are not better ways to get these studies goin quicker...does anyone know if this has been brought up before to different powers that be ...
Read more : Neurovax | Views : 1901 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

H. pylori and MS

This bacterium seems to protect against MS, at least in Japan:

tinyurl

Dom.
Read more : H. pylori and MS | Views : 856 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

how can i be perscribed LDN in the uk?

The only helpful info I can find is American, and from my experience, we often have to fight for years to get drugs here in the uk that are readily available in the u.s. partially because of money and the national healthcare system, and partially because of over caution and scepticism.

the uk ms society's page on LDN is their typical unhelpful 'sit on the fence' stance of 'some people say it's good, but some ...
Read more : how can i be perscribed LDN in the uk? | Views : 3108 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Varicella Zoster Often in CSF of MS patients

I found it specially interesting, that among people without any neurological diseases none had viral DNA in CSF...

--Frank

Varicella Zoster Often Found in Cerebrospinal Fluid of MS Patients

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) Feb 08 - Cerebrospinal fluid from multiple sclerosis patients commonly contains varicella zoster virus DNA, Italian researchers report in the February issue of the Journal of Medical Virology.
"Our data on varicella zoster virus and multiple sclerosis suggest that the interaction between ...
Read more : Varicella Zoster Often in CSF of MS patients | Views : 1136 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Free website for families

I set-up a free site on The Family Post and it's so
easy to use even my son is uploading his own photos.
Check this out:

http://www.thefamilypost.com/basic/

Read more : Free website for families | Views : 3130 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Friends and Family

Enkorten

hi all,

i came across this article today...most of the information listed online was in a foreign language...anyone, know anything about it?...here is the link..

ThinkingOutLoud

http://www.javno.com/en/world/clanak.php?id=24732

Bosnia Patents First Drug For Multiple Sclerosis
This is the first original and patented drug from Bosnia and Herzegovina that has proved to be very effective and safe.

Enkorten, a drug for Multiple Sclerosis and Asthma, which is produced by Farmacija from ...
Read more : Enkorten | Views : 10171 | Replies : 24 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Changing Social Security to Fit the needs of MS Patients

Here is some background on why this effort is so important to MS patients and others who suffer from chronic illness.

This past year, I helped spearhead a movement to secure flood insurance for coastal homeowners who are ineligible to participate in the National Flood Insurance Program and who can no longer purchase private insurance in the wake of two consecutive years of unusually active hurricane seasons. As a direct result of this effort, the ...
Read more : Changing Social Security to Fit the needs of MS Patients | Views : 1009 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221803 • Total topics 23031 • Total members 14552

Contact us | Terms of Service