It is currently Tue May 31, 2016 1:06 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Creatine

Looking into supplementation of creatine for mitochondrial energy enhancement and fatigue relief. Anyone using creatine monohydrate supplements?

http://www.scq.ubc.ca/creatine-from-muscle-to-brain/

While the role of creatine in preventing muscle (peripheral) fatigue for high performance athletes is well understood, its biochemical role in prevention of mental (central) fatigue is not. Creatine is abundant in muscles and the brain and after phosphorylation used as an energy source for adenosine triphosphate synthesis. Using double-blind placebo-controlled ...
Read more : Creatine | Views : 6482 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Natural Approach

Results from JH - Revimmune

From John Hopkins June 11, 2008 -9 patients on Revimmune

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/110709.php

I believe that Chris (Chrishasms) has mentioned most of what is in the article, but now it is in writing from JH

Sharon
Read more : Results from JH - Revimmune | Views : 1702 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Catscan

Read more : Catscan | Views : 1890 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Humor

Messing with my medication

My doc put me on gabapentin for the pain that I have been having in my legs & bum - the original does did nothing and the doubled does (600mg/day) had a little effect on the pain but nothing really noticible. I did however start gaining weight when I should have lost (am on strict diet).

I have decided (without checking with my GP) to stop taking the gabapentin to see how much difference it's ...
Read more : Messing with my medication | Views : 1518 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

My story

Howdy,
I haven't really posted much about myself or what has happened with my Tovaxin trial, so I think this might be therapeutic for me now. Sorry if this gets long winded.

I was dx February 2007, my symptoms started mid Dec. 06, a few days after my son was born. I woke up to 20 inches of snow and numbness in both ring finger and pinkies bilaterally. In the next week, the numbness spread ...
Read more : My story | Views : 2375 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Hi new to forum

Hi I was browsing the net and found this forum. I was diagnosed with MS officially almost a year ago. I've been on Avonex the whole time. I was wondering if anyone had problems with injection site pain. I usually never have to many issues with self injecting, but 2 weeks ago I did a side of the thigh injection which I've done many times before and I'm still having pain and it's sore to ...
Read more : Hi new to forum | Views : 1515 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

is Bungee Jumping dangerous for MS ?

I've diagnosed with MS last year and now I'm symptom-free and wanna Jump from a 40 meter bungee. Is this very dangerous for me? Does it increase the risk of another attack? Is there any previous cases of relapse due to jumping stress?
Thank you so much in advance.
Read more : is Bungee Jumping dangerous for MS ? | Views : 4399 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Exercise and Physical Therapy

Pregnenolone

Does anyone use pregnenolone instead of DHEA for nerve/myelin regeneration?
I have read that it works better as it can converted to DHEA and/or other hormones say testosterone, progesterone, estriol, estradiol etc through different pathways:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... enesis.gif
Read more : Pregnenolone | Views : 4623 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Regimens

Another article...

This was posted on another forum (I'm trying to find the source)...

But it's SO exciting that it's getting attention - though, I hope that doesn't slow me down! ;)

New approach promising against multiple sclerosis

By Will Dunham1 hour, 39 minutes ago

Treatment with an immune-suppressing drug may help people with the incurable disease multiple sclerosis, researchers said on Monday.

Their small study showed that treatment ...
Read more : Another article... | Views : 1394 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Results of a small HDC trial

Its only a small group of 9 MS patients with aggressive MS followed for up to 24 month. But a 39% average improvemt in EDSS sounds promising.
Trial results

--Frank

p.s.:
I posted the same study in the HDC forum because it seems to fit in both.
If I should avoid "doubleposting" of that kind in the future please let me know which forum I should prefer in a similar situation.
Read more : Results of a small HDC trial | Views : 1240 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232537 • Total topics 24871 • Total members 16026

Contact us | Terms of Service