It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:26 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Insurance Problems

My husband was recently diagnosed with MS and his doctor prescribed Avonex for him. I received a phone call yesterday stating that our copay is $750. OMG, there's no way in hell we can pay that. That's injections for only one month. How do they expect people to be able to do that? They told me that there are companies that assist with the copay's but it's based on income. Believe it or not they ...
Read more : Insurance Problems | Views : 2131 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Avonex

Clinical Trial of Embryonic Neural Stem Cells ....

...to regenerate myelin!

The first clinical trial of a therapy based on human embryonic stem cells has received the green light from the FDA, marking a scientific and political milestone for embryonic stem (ES) cell research. The biotech company, Geron Corporation, received approval today for a study that would inject neural stem cells into patients suffering from spinal cord injuries. The study will be mainly a test for safety, but functional improvements, which have been ...
Read more : Clinical Trial of Embryonic Neural Stem Cells .... | Views : 1542 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Everyone's got it

oo
Read more : Everyone's got it | Views : 3501 | Replies : 29 | Forum : General Discussion

Wicab Brain Port devise

Is there anyone that has been in the balance trials for the Brain Port?
If there is, please let us know about your experience with this devise.
www.wicab.combrain port balance technology
Thanks
Read more : Wicab Brain Port devise | Views : 1308 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Another alemtuzamab labrat

I had my initial visit today for the CARE MS II trial and have officially met the criteria. I will know on Feb 23 whether I get alemtuzamab or rebif. Does anyone know why we have to have the tb test. I get my results read on Monday.

Marcia
Read more : Another alemtuzamab labrat | Views : 16807 | Replies : 84 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Cladribine results

Dignan,

You''ll have to get up earlier to beat me.

Ian

http://www.mstrust.org.uk/news/recentst ... sp?id=2809
Read more : Cladribine results | Views : 2655 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Worms - Lyon

Worm gene provides possible hope for restoring nerves damaged by MS 23 January 2009

University of Utah scientists identified a worm gene that is essential for damaged nerve cells to regenerate, and showed they could speed nerve regeneration by over-activating the gene – a step toward new treatments for nerves injured by trauma or disease. Oddly, the gene and a related "pathway" – a chain of molecular events – is not required for normal ...
Read more : Worms - Lyon | Views : 1228 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Who wants a marketing job with Serono?

Serono is hiring a team leader for the Cladribine Consumer Marketing Team.

This is fascinating for two reasons: 1. Serono sounds confident that cladribine (mylinax) will be approved, and 2. We see all the things we know about the drug company marketing machine actually spelled out.

Senior Product Manager, Professional Marketing - Team Leader - Neurology - EMD Serono

January 20
Categories: Administrative

Position ...
Read more : Who wants a marketing job with Serono? | Views : 1470 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

PART OF MY STRESS IS DUE TO FEAR OF INJECTIONS

Hi again

I know I am not diagnosed as yet but in this stage showing a lot of symptoms and GP sus of it.

I am extremely :cry: over the top needle phobic and fear that the only choice for treatments may mean injections.
Please I hope this is not the case and I can be relieved from stress a bit knowing there may ...
Read more : PART OF MY STRESS IS DUE TO FEAR OF INJECTIONS | Views : 2846 | Replies : 23 | Forum : General Discussion

I am in the trial, but got questions

I have been accepted into the trial after a battery of tests the other day. The coordinator said to stop the Rebif crap from hell that i am on now to start the 28 day wash out period. then he said that the results of the randomization will not be known until the day of the first treatment. Only then will I know that I was selected for the Campath arm, not the Rebif arm. ...
Read more : I am in the trial, but got questions | Views : 1630 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 237030 • Total topics 25707 • Total members 16997

Contact us | Terms of Service