It is currently Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:55 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

HSCT shows signs of restoring nerves

I think this is the same Canadian team that Bromley has been posting about, but with an emphasis on repair that I haven't seen before, (I've probably just missed it). The fact that improvement has taken two years to show somehow makes it seem more credible: a friend of mine had a nerve transplant in his arm which took two years to connect – and that, of course, was his peripheral nervous system – professor ...
Read more : HSCT shows signs of restoring nerves | Views : 2316 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Stem Cells

urinary symptoms and reflexology

I'll look at the glass as half-full. At least reflexology might help with urinary symptoms

The efficacy of reflexology: systematic review.

J Adv Nurs. 2008 Jun;62(5):512-20.
Wang MY, Tsai PS, Lee PH, Chang WY, Yang CM.
Graduate Institute of Medical Science, College of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taiwan.

AIM
This paper is a report of a systematic review to evaluate the efficacy of reflexology in any condition.

BACKGROUND
Anecdotal evidence has shown potential benefits of ...
Read more : urinary symptoms and reflexology | Views : 1665 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

UK to allow use of hybrid embryos

The British parliament has voted to allow the use of hybrid embryos in order to advance stem cell research. It's a subject that raises blood pressure in lots of people, but I agree with the man who said, " try everything":
MPs vote to allow scientists use hybrid embryos for Stem Cell research
Scientists have been given the green light to use animal-human hybrid embryos for medical research after MPs yesterday resisted calls for ...
Read more : UK to allow use of hybrid embryos | Views : 1374 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Carpet cleaning business and MS

Hello,

I am very early in the course of MS. I've been mildly symptomatic for about 2 years now. However I am very conscious that the disease will get worse given time. Additionally the costs of supplementation & eating well are causing bit of a pinch on my finances. I therefore need to earn considerably more money than my current income to give myself some financial padding for my uncertain future.

I've been looking into ...
Read more : Carpet cleaning business and MS | Views : 1445 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

1 large bump for 24 hours on 1 injection site

For some reason, other than the typical injection site reaction (burning for 20ish min), I don't have side effects using Copaxone, except on my right thigh.

I've done 2 injections on this thigh, and each time the area injected remains a huge bump (that's kind of tough) for up to 24 hours after the injection.

This only occurs on this 1 site.

Anyone else experience this as well?
Read more : 1 large bump for 24 hours on 1 injection site | Views : 1988 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Copaxone

VItamins & Supplements

I have seen posts mentioning supplements etc and I was hoping for input over what vitamins / supplements should be taken, and if possible why/what effect they have. I'm looking for a basic regime - if it's too heavy I will run and hide.

As there are other new to MS people here I thought it might help them too.

(ps sorry Jimmylegs, i know you pm'd me last year but I was in total ...
Read more : VItamins & Supplements | Views : 3586 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Natural Approach

funegy

for all you ex-military people you'll know what "funegy" means..i'm 59 and was dx 15 yrs ago..i'm now SP and fading fast..that pretty much sucks..i'm looking for something that'll slow this freight train but to this point i haven't found anything..a bunch of anecdotal stories but nothing that seems to have been used widely by our fellow MS bretheren..i know we're all different and MS affects each of us differently but i sure would like ...
Read more : funegy | Views : 1492 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

MS on YouTube

i wondered what people had to say on youtube about their ms.
if you've never checked, there are lots of videos. some seem semi-commercial some are one-off individual stories; this woman has a bit of a series going.
the following list is not in any particular order and is also incomplete.. but i've spent all the time on it that i'm going to for now :)

kelli ...
Read more : MS on YouTube | Views : 1542 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Daily Life

Dabur Pharma gets USFDA approval for selling Mitoxantrone

Dabur Pharma Ltd's oncology unit has informed that the company has received the approval from US Food and Drug Administrator (USFDA) for selling 'Mitoxantrone Hydrochloride in various strengths’.

Dabur Pharma Ltd operates in Europe and other overseas markets through its fully-owned subsidiary, Dabur Oncology Plc.

The drug is indicated for reducing neurologic disability and /or the frequency of clinical relapses in patients with secondary chronic progressive, progressive relapsing, or worsening relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (i.e., patients ...
Read more : Dabur Pharma gets USFDA approval for selling Mitoxantrone | Views : 3232 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Novantrone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232032 • Total topics 24784 • Total members 15949

Contact us | Terms of Service