It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 3:15 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Worried about possible MS Symptoms

Hi all,

Came across this site after doing some research on MS and decided to post my symptoms and thoughts.

Firstly, a little about myself, male, 41YO, to date never had any pressing health issues, apart from a kidney stone a couple of years.

Right my symptoms, about a year ago I started to get a sensation of something caught in my throat when I swallowed, some days it was there, some days it wasn’t, ...
Read more : Worried about possible MS Symptoms | Views : 2110 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

National Health Care (U.S.)

Now please lets not turn this into a liberal/conservative, democrat/republican arguement. But, I want different views on Obamas proposed national health care program; as it relates to us. I would love to hear from other people in countries with national health care. How do you you think it will affect us with MS? I just ask because frankly I am scared sh!tlesss listening to Jules71, and the amount of time it took her just to ...
Read more : National Health Care (U.S.) | Views : 11271 | Replies : 100 | Forum : General Discussion

Swine flu vaccine

Just wondering if anyone here is going to have the vaccine as soon as it comes out or are you going to wait? I know some healthy people who are afraid of it, maybe we should be too?
Read more : Swine flu vaccine | Views : 2229 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

MS for the layman

Read more : MS for the layman | Views : 1436 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Greetings from Ottawa

Hello All,

I'm currently undergoing diagnosis in Ottawa. My experience so far seems very alien to what I'm reading. If anything I feel a bit railroaded at the moment.
Having longstanding depression and fibromyalgia I've discounted symptoms that it seems I should have been paying attention to. I had some sort of event in May that knocked the stuffing out of me. Vomiting, staggering, vision issues, tremendous weakness, extreme exhaustion, confusion, concentration issues. I was ...
Read more : Greetings from Ottawa | Views : 1723 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Introductions

11th PML case

What a surprise, a major corporation announcing bad news after market close on Friday.

Biogen reports 11th Tysabri brain infection case

July 24, 2009 6:00pm EDT - An 11th patient taking Biogen Idec's multiple sclerosis drug Tysabri has developed a potentially deadly brain infection since July 2006, when it was reintroduced to the market.

The Cambridge, Massachusetts-based biotech company released the news on its website late on Friday.

Tysabri, which Biogen sells in conjunction with ...
Read more : 11th PML case | Views : 2347 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Neither fresh nor too old, calling from Germany

Hi there,
thanks for your site and the forums, which are one of the most valuable MS sources on the web with lots of expertise and eloquency. Since I'm running a German MS news site called www.ms-reporter.de, I stopped by several times before to look for certain details.
Now, the CCSVI threads lead me to a new level of usage, and so I'm de-lurking and registered today.
For myself, dxed in 1999, using Copaxone since ...
Read more : Neither fresh nor too old, calling from Germany | Views : 1653 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

Risk factors for or clues to CCSVI???

I recently stumbled on this forum for CCSVI and would like your thoughts. Obviously you cannot diagnose me and are not doctors/nurses (at least I don't think most of you are!) but I am stunned by the notion that MS could be vascular in nature. My case history seems related in strong ways.

I was diagnosed 2 years ago with optic neuritis, headache, dizziness, and cognitive issues. I have T2 lesions and black holes.

I ...

Vascular Disease among Hospitalized MS patients

This study took place between 1988 and 2002.

It found that MS patients were less likely to be hospitalized for ischemic heart disease (OR = 0.58, 95% CI = 0.51-0.66) or myocardial infarction (OR = 0.78, 95% CI = 0.64-0.96), but more likely to be hospitalized for ischemic stroke (OR = 1.66, 95% CI = 1.33-2.09) than matched non-MS controls.

The conclusion:

MS patients have decreased rates of hospital admission for ischemic heart disease and ...

Ribavirin

Hard to Treat Diseases, Inc. (HTDS) Reports on Ribavirin Research as Potential Treatment for MS

BELGRADE, SERBIA, July 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - Hard to Treat Diseases, Inc. (HTDS:PK) http://www.htdsmedical.com reports that researchers in its Slavica BioChem division have advised of some significant findings regarding its research into the use of Ribavirin in the treatment of Multiple sclerosis (MS).

The research team has been conducting experiments using Dark Agouti rats. Experimental ...
Read more : Ribavirin | Views : 1408 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 243155 • Total topics 26703 • Total members 17852

Contact us | Terms of Service