It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:12 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Ocrelizumab

I was going through the clinical trials list and saw that Ocrelizumab is, or is still recruiting for phase 2. I'm wondering if this is really just Rituxan with a more complicated name or is this a way to get around the financial loss of a soon to expire patent on Rituxan? They must have tweaked it more than just the name.
Lars
Read more : Ocrelizumab | Views : 6792 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Ocrevus (Ocrelizumab)

Interview with Dr. Dake

This interview is helping me stay calm today :)
From 2007 "Endovascular Legends" podcast series-

Dr. Michael Dake talks about his training, his philosophies, the first venous stent placed, the importance of collaboration with other specialties and crossing boundaries- the need for "spreading knowledge" between practices, not competing but collaborating. He believes this is where the future of medicine is heading...not in competing specialties, but in collaborative, ...
Read more : Interview with Dr. Dake | Views : 2310 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Accelerated Cure Update

Go to this link if you would like to see the newest update on what is happening at Accelerated Cure Project:

http://www.acceleratedcure.org/download ... ol0801.pdf

Lori
Read more : Accelerated Cure Update | Views : 1310 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

MRV - Azygos

Hi all.

I have just returned from the MRV exam. I have only had half of it. Azygous system only. I will have the results on Thursday.

The doctor preliminarily and "off-the-record" told me that the azygous system looked just fine, at a very first glance. That's expected due to my RR course, and my relatively slow progression (I turned into a wreck within a weekend!) after 15 years. I really doubt I will be ...
Read more : MRV - Azygos | Views : 3844 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

More EBV research

Epstein-Barr virus linked to Multiple Sclerosis

Infection with Epstein-Barr virus appears to raise the risk of developing multiple sclerosis (MS), Boston researchers report.

The findings offer the strongest evidence to date implicating the virus as a trigger for the chronic progressive autoimmune disorder of the brain and spinal cord that affects more than 350,000 Americans, says Lily Jung, MD, medical director of the neurology clinic at the Swedish Neurology Institute in Seattle. Jung was ...
Read more : More EBV research | Views : 1658 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Okay, I have to brag...

On myself! Giant Hurdle leaped this evening..... :lol:

Now for you veteran injectors, This is a rookie moment (for me anyway)
I took my first shot of the 44mcg Rebif tonight. Pondering what you guys have told me about auto injecting versus manual, I took my injection manually where I could control the flow rate of the medicine. THIS, for me, was a HUGE step! ...
Read more : Okay, I have to brag... | Views : 3337 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Rebif

New Wheelchair Kamikaze video! Sunday in the Park...

I've got a new Wheelchair Kamikaze video up and running, "Sunday in the Park with a Kamikaze". It's a wheelchair driver's eye view of a day in New York's Central Park. I hope everybody has as much fun watching it as much as I had making it.

http://www.wheelchairkamikaze.com/2009/ ... ikaze.html
Read more : New Wheelchair Kamikaze video! Sunday in the Park... | Views : 1657 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

2009 LDN Conference Glasgow University

Here is the link to video interviews of the doctors who spoke at the 1st European LDN Conference - Glasgow University. I found it interesting there was such a wide range of diseases discussed - from fertility to pancreatic cancer

http://glasgowldn2009.com/category/conf ... nterviews/

Sharon
Read more : 2009 LDN Conference Glasgow University | Views : 2630 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Inflammation

Inflammation is a big deal for the brain: it cannot tolerate it at all well.

One of the issues we have been hit with is how can MS be venous if inflammation suppression via revimmune metheylprednisolone etc helps people with MS.

I have offered that MS is an inflammatory disease and that is how we can account for the conundrum: the venous damage happens then the immune system responds to heal the damage and THAT ...
Read more : Inflammation | Views : 4507 | Replies : 25 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Plasmapheresis

Hi.

I have found this in the news:

link

It is about the long term effects of plasmapheresis. I wonder what in the plasma could erode the BBB, so that despite the stenoses, the nervous system keeps working...

The 100% freaked out,
sou
Read more : Plasmapheresis | Views : 1775 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 239622 • Total topics 26161 • Total members 17432

Contact us | Terms of Service