It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:50 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

WCTRIMS & Cyclophosphamide

There were a couple of poster presentations for High Dose Cyclophosphamide at the MS conference in Canada...P22 and P522.

I haven't seen any news or details from the presentations. Anyone know anything.

Read more : WCTRIMS & Cyclophosphamide | Views : 2385 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Why no Rituxan board?

Just wondering why there is no separate board for Rituxan in the treatment forums?

I just finished my second Rituxan infusion this past Friday, and I'd love to be able to compare notes with other patients receiving this treatment. It's being used more and more frequently off label, and would seem to warrant its own subgroup.

FYI, I'm PPMS, and have failed a myriad of other treatments. I had my first infusion of Rituxan on ...
Read more : Why no Rituxan board? | Views : 3401 | Replies : 24 | Forum : General Discussion

If cytoxan has been used for so long...

Last night, I started reading Howard Weiner's book, "Curing MS". In it, he writes about using cyclophosphamide in the early 80's with mixed results. Also, doing a web search, I came across this

<shortened url>

Notice the date - 1983
So, if doctors have been using this so long for MS, what's different about the Hopkins treatment?
Read more : If cytoxan has been used for so long... | Views : 2192 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Spinal Tap pre HiCy

As much as I was never wanting to have a spinal tap (so I didn't have one for my diagnosis as it wasn't necessary)...I almost wish I had because I'm curious as to if the results would be different post HiCy.

Any thoughts on this?

I guess I'll ask the folks at JH next month.... wish I had thought of it before though!

Read more : Spinal Tap pre HiCy | Views : 1833 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Enzymes in progressive MS

Mayo Clinic Identifies Potential New Therapeutic Target for Progressive Multiple SclerosisTuesday, September 23, 2008

VIDEO ALERT: Additional audio and video resources, including excerpts from an interview with Dr. Scarisbrick describing the research, are available on the Mayo Clinic News Blog at: ... ic-target/.

A new Mayo Clinic study has found that two particular enzymes were elevated in patients with progressive multiple sclerosis (MS). The levels of these enzymes ...
Read more : Enzymes in progressive MS | Views : 1592 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Someone fluent in french

According to a discussion on this video should contain interesting information regarding remylination or regeneration in MS.
It would be nice if someone could be so kind to give a short abstract about its contet. ... id=9654363

Read more : Someone fluent in french | Views : 1706 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Ladies only

Have any of you ladies (with MS) experienced abnormal pap smears? I'm just curious if there might be any corrolation beween my repeated abnormals and MS? It seems like the list of symptoms just grow and grow, to where ANYTHING could be a result of the MONSTER DISEASE!!
Read more : Ladies only | Views : 2322 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

ASCT does not erase immune-markers in CSF

Bone-marrow transplantation fails to halt intrathecal lymphocyte activation in multiple sclerosis.
Department of Neurology, Erasmus University Medical School, Erasmus MC, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands.

BACKGROUND: Given the presumed key role for autoreactive lymphocytes in multiple sclerosis (MS), treatment strategies have been developed to ablate lymphocyte activity. Intrathecal lymphocyte activation can be measured by CSF-soluble(s)CD27. OBJECTIVE: To determine the effect of maximum whole-body immune ablation on two different ...
Read more : ASCT does not erase immune-markers in CSF | Views : 2527 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Revimmune and Campath differences

Could someone point me to some references that highlight the differences between Campath and HiCy? I know both drugs target destruction of parts of the immune system, but I'm curious to know how each is supposed to work.
Read more : Revimmune and Campath differences | Views : 2729 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Hi from Berlin

my name is Ursula - diagnosed in 2006, no major problems so far..
After the evil rebif I now take Copaxone which seems to be o.k.
I currently take part in the green tea study (EGCG) - and I am pretty sure to be in the "verum"-group.
Would be great if this stuff could help - there are really no side effects at all (except 1 week of headache in the beginning)

Is here ...
Read more : Hi from Berlin | Views : 1883 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Total posts 234631 • Total topics 25264 • Total members 16465

Contact us | Terms of Service