It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:55 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Sharon at Stanford

Hey Sharon, I saw you posted over the weekend on The Experience Project while this site was down, and I figured you’d be busy all day today at Stanford. I just wanted to wish you well and let you know I'm thinking of you. Please let us know how you’re doing when you have time.
N
Read more : Sharon at Stanford | Views : 4982 | Replies : 29 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Gimme a lift (patient lift that is)

I now find that I need to get a lift because picking me up is becoming very hard on my caregivers. Does anyone use a lift and if so what kind? and did insurance/medicare pay for it? :?:
Read more : Gimme a lift (patient lift that is) | Views : 1262 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

The Body Toxic

I have just finished reading The Body Toxic by Nena Baker and would like to recommend it to others. While the book doesn’t have anything to do with MS, I feel that the healthier we can live our lives, the better off we will likely be in the long run. The book discusses toxic chemicals that we are commonly exposed to in our everyday lives. These include atrazine (a commonly used agriculture herbicide and pesticide), ...
Read more : The Body Toxic | Views : 4045 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Reading Nook

And we are BACK!

Thank-you to you all for getting TIMS up and running again so quickly, I am sure I speak for everyone when I say we really appreciate it!!
Read more : And we are BACK! | Views : 2982 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

Thank You!

Arron,
Thank you for your diligent and dedicated work getting thisisms.com back up and running! It is truly appreciated. Image

NHE
Read more : Thank You! | Views : 2726 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Account of patients who went through Israeli protocol

Here's a testimonial of a patient who recently underwent the Israeli stem cell protocol, as practiced by Dr. Shimon Slavin.

While his results aren't miraculous, they do seem encouraging. It would be interesting to see how his story unfolds...

http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/comment/reply/21508
Read more : Account of patients who went through Israeli protocol | Views : 1987 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Seeking advice on how to proceed (symptoms suggestive of MS)

It's always difficult to post something like this, but i'll try as i could use a bit of support and advice.
I have been having MS like symptoms for about three years, but they were always mild and i was in graduate school as they were progressing but didn't have time for anything other than school if you know what i mean.
I have another condition known as primary spinal stenosis which also progressed at ...
Read more : Seeking advice on how to proceed (symptoms suggestive of MS) | Views : 1215 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

When to start Ldn

I have been recently diagnosis with MS (though have had symptoms for a couple of years, but never underestimate the power of denial huh?), i am making my plan now as to how to best deal with this. Of course, i will do everything in the natural kingdom, diet, supplements and everything that has shown to be of benefit (including acupuncture, chiropractic and massage). But i also want to use chemicals, though sparingly. I have ...
Read more : When to start Ldn | Views : 3088 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

EEG and EMG/NCS

Hi Everyone,

I saw my neurologist for the 1st time this past Wednesday. Unfortunately, she was not the type of doctor I want taking care of what may be a very serious issue. The highlight of the appointment was when she told my husband to open her office door and go down the hall to tell her receptionist that she needed another prescription pad.

After only being able to tell her half of my issues, ...
Read more : EEG and EMG/NCS | Views : 5917 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

Autopsies

Apparently, detecting these venous stenoses in living people has become possible only recently. Admittedly I have no clue what goes on in an autopsy, but it seems reasonable that such a stenosis would be easy to see in that setting.

Hasn't the history of MS research included numerous studies involving autopsies? So if CCSVI is closely associated with MS, why didn't the correlation become apparent a long time ago?

(I'm trying to be a critical ...
Read more : Autopsies | Views : 2641 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240774 • Total topics 26324 • Total members 17539

Contact us | Terms of Service