It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:37 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

De-lurking with a personal Eureka moment....

Hi everyone. I've been lurking for a couple of months now and have PM'd Cheer about "coming out" but still feeling rather shy about it. But I had a "eureka" moment this morning as I was waking up and I wanted to share with you all.

First off--I was only recently diagnosed (I'm 45) incidental to another health problem that has since resolved. But while they were scanning me for that, somebody noticed a few ...

Goodbye and Thank you

Hi everyone just a last post to say thank you and good bye. I went to get a second opinion today and was told prior to the little tests they do that nobody denies the symptoms or that I could have MS to after the little tests I want you to leave here, GET A JOB AND GET A LIFE! Yes that's what I was told. I cried and cried and cried and then went ...
Read more : Goodbye and Thank you | Views : 4566 | Replies : 33 | Forum : General Discussion

Undecided..Any advice?

Well I have been betaseron for about 5 months now, it has been ok, I just hate how the injections sites look, they are horrible. Well my insurance at work has changed and they will not cover betaseron because I have not been on it for more than 6 months. So I have to choose either Rebif or Avonxe. Which is ok because I was going to talk to my dr when I go back ...
Read more : Undecided..Any advice? | Views : 1312 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

new theory

Read more : new theory | Views : 1687 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Waiting To Hear

Alex from Dr. Dake's called me yesterday and needed insurance informatioin which I gave her as well as faxing a copy of my card. Have a tentative date of August 4. We will see what they say. Having some mixed emotions that I'm guessing others that have chosen this route have experienced as well. From the research that others (Marie, Cheer, etc.) have been so kind to share, CCSVI looks so logical and it certainly ...
Read more : Waiting To Hear | Views : 3983 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Incorrect Links in Subscribed Topics Emails

Just thought you should know, the links that go out with subscribed forum
emails do not work correctly because they redirect from thisisms.com to www.thisisms.com and the anchor at the end gets dropped. For example:

http://thisisms.com/modules.php?name=Fo ... 9933#59933

redirects to:

http://www.thisisms.com/modules.php?nam ... ic&p=59933

(and drops the #59933 at the end of the url)

Then you need to ...
Read more : Incorrect Links in Subscribed Topics Emails | Views : 1928 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Site Support

numbness

My left hand, back and abdomen are very numb, sometimes it feels like burning. I'm wondering if that's how others feel numbness and if the burning sensation is a sign of it going away. How does your numbness go away? Gradually and almost unnoticeably slow, or suddenly? I'm hoping mine will go away soon but it's hard to tell it's so slow. At first I couldn't tell if a pin was sharp or dull on ...
Read more : numbness | Views : 1645 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

good one

I was having trouble with my computer.
So I called Eric, the 11 year old next door, whose bedroom looks like Mission Control and asked him to come over.
Eric clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem.

As he was walking away, I called after him, 'So, what was wrong?
He replied, 'It was an ID ten T error.'

I didn't want to appear stupid, but none the less inquired, 'An, ID ten ...
Read more : good one | Views : 1459 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Humor

testing mice...

I boldly asked Dr Simka if we could put sclerosing foam in mice jugular veins and azygos veins to see if they get MS like lesions.

He said no because it is not possible to make an animal model of leg ulcers because the mice do not live long enough for one to develop.

HHHmmmmmmm.

So. that answers the question about how long it takes for these venous stenoses, in legs at least, to result ...
Read more : testing mice... | Views : 1803 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Thyroid problems and MS

Hi,

I recently went in for a physical exam and had some bloodwork done. They called be back today and told me my thyroid levels were off and to come in for more tests, that this could be related to an autoimmune disorder. She asked me if I had been feeling lethargic lately. I told her I don't think I could tell the difference. I always fell tired from the MS. This thyroid deal coupled ...
Read more : Thyroid problems and MS | Views : 9380 | Replies : 22 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 242211 • Total topics 26540 • Total members 17714

Contact us | Terms of Service