It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:47 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Bone Marrow Stem Cells

Stem Cells Cultured From Human Bone Marrow Behave Like Those Derived From Brain Tissue

Stem cells taken from adult human bone marrow have been manipulated by scientists at the Maxine Dunitz Neurosurgical Institute at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center to generate aggregates of cells called spheres that are similar to those derived from neural stem cells of the brain.
In addition, the bone marrow-derived stem cells, which could be differentiated into neurons and other cells making ...
Read more : Bone Marrow Stem Cells | Views : 1248 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Dating Challenges

hello to all,

while i've posted a few comments, i've probably been more of an observer...i've read a lot of poignant and touching comments by many members and thought i would vent a little bit. i am a thirty-something year old guy who had one significnat attack about 2 years ago. i was pretty sick for about a year, but eventyually slowly recovered. these days, i've been pretty fortunate in that i only have a ...
Read more : Dating Challenges | Views : 1416 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

St Jude study

Chopping Off Protein Puts Immune Cells Into High Gear

St. Jude study shows LAG-3 protein on activated T lymphocytes slows replication until ADAM10 and ADAM17 enzymes cleave it off to allow these cells to reproduce rapidly

MEMPHIS, Tenn., Jan. 24 /PRNewswire/ -- The complex task of launching a well-organized, effective immune system attack on specific targets is thrown into high gear when either of two specific enzymes chop a protein called LAG-3 off the immune ...
Read more : St Jude study | Views : 803 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Minocycline Scores for Neuroprotection

A positive study on minocycline and neuroprotection 8)

Multiple neuroprotective mechanisms of minocycline in autoimmune CNS inflammation
Available therapies mainly target the inflammatory component of the disease but fail to prevent neurodegeneration.

Functional and histopathological data of RGCs and optic nerves revealed neuronal and axonal protection when minocycline treatment was started on the day of immunization.

Furthermore, we demonstrate that minocycline-induced neuroprotection is related to a ...
Read more : Minocycline Scores for Neuroprotection | Views : 1562 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

neat serotonin info

http://www.nutritional-healing.com.au/content/articles-content.php?heading=Serotonin%20deficiency

Serotonin deficiency
Serotonin deficiency signs/symptoms:
Depressed
Nervous/worrier/can’t relax
Fears/phobias
Negative/pessimistic
Irritable/impatient/edgy
Obsessive compulsive tendency
Self destructive or suicidal thoughts/plans
Low self esteem/confidence
Rage/anger/explosive/assaultive
Sleep problems/light sleeper
Feel worse in & dislike dark weather
Crave sugar/carbs/salt/alcohol/marijuana
-These substances relax you
Chronic pain (e.g. headaches, backaches, fibomyalgia)
PMS
Antidepressants or 5-HTP improve mood
Serotonin levels may be low due to a combination of genetic and acquired reasons. Serotonin can be raised effectively using either nutrient based ...
Read more : neat serotonin info | Views : 954 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Tysabri infused in Canada

I was talking to the Biogen/Tysabri toll-free help line yesterday and Monday and according to them the first two Tysabri infusions were to take place today in the northern Ontario (central Canada) city of Sudbury (2001 population - approximately 155,000).

So it looks like Tysabri has arrived in Canada. :)

Any Canadians out there who have been infused could you please share your experiences.

From the sunny ...
Read more : Tysabri infused in Canada | Views : 2001 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Disclosure

I am new to the board and MS (diagnosed 11/16/06 within 2wks of my 1st symptom), my question is who do you tell you have MS and when. I have made some logical judgement calls (Immediate family.In-laws, anyone who may have to take care of my son (2 1/2) - Daycare, emergency pick up people, all of my physicians), but am unsure from there. A cousin of mine has MS. He is a second cousin ...
Read more : Disclosure | Views : 1435 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

tysabri update after third infusion

I had my third Tysabri infusion on Jan. 12 and I want to share the little things I've been noticing:
Once in a while, I take a few "normal" steps.
The numbness in my left hand comes and goes, but has nearly gone away.
I am not so tired.
The ringing in my right ear has lessened and has even gone away for a few seconds at a time.
Sometimes I can freely move my ...
Read more : tysabri update after third infusion | Views : 9247 | Replies : 24 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

arrggh HELP!

So, a little background. I am a 27 yr old Male who started taking Avonex last year, I had one very severe attack in August 05 after critical lung surgery (do not smoke people, haha) where i was left without use to the left side of my body. But since then I have been a picture of health. For certain people's comfort of mind, since I got diagnosed I have met the most beautiful woman ...
Read more : arrggh HELP! | Views : 1088 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

arrggh HELP!

So, a little background. I am a 27 yr old Male who started taking Avonex last year, I had one very severe attack in August 05 after critical lung surgery (do not smoke people, haha) where i was left without use to the left side of my body. But since then I have been a picture of health. For certain people's comfort of mind, since I got diagnosed I have met the most beautiful woman ...
Read more : arrggh HELP! | Views : 2476 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Avonex

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220801 • Total topics 22880 • Total members 14448

Contact us | Terms of Service