It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:05 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

nothing major but some more success with mice

It never ceases to amaze me the capabilities scientists have to cure mice. I guess I feel every success is hopefully a step closer to finding a cure!!!

Genetically modified stem cells treat MS like disease in mice

Mice with a human equivalent of multiple sclerosis have been successfully treated using genetically modified stem cells, say a group of Australian researchers.

The work, led by Dr James Chan of Monash University's Centre of Inflammatory Diseases, ...
Read more : nothing major but some more success with mice | Views : 1511 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

I'm back, a year later, still no answers! desperate!

Hi all,

I was on this forum about a year ago, scared to death i had ppms. well, after a clear brain mri last spring, i decided to try and take a breather from all of it. unfortunately, things haven't gotten better. in fact, they're way worse. A good number of you were so incredibly helpful and reassuring (shout outs to eyedoc, jimmylegs, notasperfectasyou, artifishual, g123, gwa, to name a few) i thought i'd come ...
Read more : I'm back, a year later, still no answers! desperate! | Views : 4117 | Replies : 27 | Forum : General Discussion

ASCT halts / reverses diabetes typ-1

Its the same protocol, that was used in the recently published trial where 21 RRMS patients were successfully (halt, some remission) treated:
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1 ... tment.html

--Frank
Read more : ASCT halts / reverses diabetes typ-1 | Views : 1790 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Lhermittes sign?

What is this a why does it happen,is this only because you may get MS or can it be related to some thing else.Ive exprienced this but ignored it,now that im having other problems my head quickily flipped to that day and i was like oh no.

So if i had a nerve conduction study done today,should i tell them i exprienced Lhermittes sign,or would that of done damage already!
can some body tell me ...
Read more : Lhermittes sign? | Views : 1632 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Help us design a better injection device

Dear all
We are two engineering students from the Technical University of Denmark and are writing our masters thesis. We both have great experience and interest in product development of medical equipment. In corporation with the Danish company Bang & Olufsen Medicom an exciting objective was formed. The object is to develop a new and better injection device, that meets the requirements of the end users in regard to features, number of user steps, intuitiveness, ...
Read more : Help us design a better injection device | Views : 1950 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

NERVE CONDUCTION STUDY?

WOULD THIS BE A GOOD FIRST MOVE TO MAKE TO SEE IF YOU HAVE MS OR ANOTHER UNDERLYING CONDITION!OR IS THIS A WASTE OF TIME!HAS ANYBODY HAD THIS DONE BEFORE?
Read more : NERVE CONDUCTION STUDY? | Views : 1651 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

HI IM NEW AND NEED SOME ANSWERS

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:05 am Post subject: hi im new and need some answers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI IM 29,im trying to figure out if i have MS.Ive recently,been having my right side fall asleep or have the tingling numbness in my foot really bad!!Ive also exprienced Lhermittes sign in nov.2007and after that i had acute hyperthyrodism,in 2008 after april alot of the symptoms went away but i was left with anxiety disorder now.Ive been ...
Read more : HI IM NEW AND NEED SOME ANSWERS | Views : 1794 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

hi im new and need some answers

HI IM 29,im trying to figure out if i have MS.Ive recently,been having my right side fall asleep or have the tingling numbness in my foot really bad!!Ive also exprienced Lhermittes sign in nov.2007and after that i had acute hyperthyrodism,in 2008 after april alot of the symptoms went away but i was left with anxiety disorder now.Ive been seeing the same doctor and now have been expriencing alot of numbness now in my right side ...
Read more : hi im new and need some answers | Views : 1952 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Introductions

dizzy/nauseous/headache - how long does this last?

so i'm post-infusion 5 days... and felt headache/nauseous on the weekend... fine yesterday, then at work today had a MASSIVE headache hit me and was dizzy on the way home.

In your experience... how long do these side fx last?

What now?

Hello,

About two weeks ago I stopped taking Copaxone due to allergic systemic reactions that I have developed over the 8 years I have taken this medication. I have considered Interferons but the flu like side effects that I have heard about sound just as debilitating as the disease itself. Not taking any medication makes me feel like I am giving up on trying to take some sort of control over my MS. It scares ...
Read more : What now? | Views : 1744 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 239260 • Total topics 26102 • Total members 17373

Contact us | Terms of Service