It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:39 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Vitamin D levels

So, when I was at JH a few weeks ago, they tested my Vitamin D.

I just received the results.... a 6. Normal is 20-100! So they put me on vitamin D.

wonder if anyone else was tested....

~Keri
Read more : Vitamin D levels | Views : 4069 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

anyone else have eyes that are working slower?

Hello all this is my first post but have beenn lurking for a while. I have RRMS since '97 and my original symtoms were numbness and issues with my eyes,floaters and my eyes working slow. Well that would come and go over the years and usually not stay to long. They have put me on copaxone in '05 and my first relapse was in oct. last year. Now since then my original symptoms are back ...
Read more : anyone else have eyes that are working slower? | Views : 2953 | Replies : 24 | Forum : General Discussion

MRI results

February MRI report in excerpts-

"Since the prior study in Nov the perivetricular plaques show mild improvement. The plaque above the posterior aspect of the left ventricular body has nearly healed. The small plaque on the left side of the splenum is slightly smaller. No enhancing plaques. The enhancing plaque previously see no longer enhances and has appeared to heal.

Impression

Improved mild cerebral and posterior fossa demyliation.

Back to me---not to bad eh?? The ...
Read more : MRI results | Views : 1640 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Cool Site like it here...

What a breath of fresh air to find so many people with one goal in mind... PPMS will not stop me !!! The info I can get from everyone here is sure to help. For me it was a rough road to the final conformation of ms. The early signs were largely ignored by all the Dr.'s I was seeing. They all said your in too good of health to have ms. Your just getting ...
Read more : Cool Site like it here... | Views : 1073 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Introductions

Crazy Tired

I have been falling asleep at work, a lot, now for me I was like i should just get more sleep at home, but I get 8-9 hours of sleep each night whether all at once or a nap here adn then sleep later.

At first I thought it was because I cut caffeine out, but I start drinking ti again and still like clock work, I fall asleep

its getting to teh point that ...
Read more : Crazy Tired | Views : 3373 | Replies : 18 | Forum : General Discussion

Attitude of Gratitude

All,

As MS progresses, it can definitely bring out the dark thoughts. The gloomy outlook, hard to find a purpose, we all know the drill. As things get worse it is unavoidable to not have these thoughts. As I try and think about "how in the hell am I going to keep my chin up as my health goes down?", I am really wanting to try someting. I want to try and throw one thing ...
Read more : Attitude of Gratitude | Views : 19251 | Replies : 162 | Forum : Daily Life

First attack in almost five years

I am just coming out of my first attack in almost five years. I had one episode five years ago, double vision, and that led to a mri and then an 'unofficial' diagnosis (because there was one incident, one sympton). I was hopeful that maybe I was one of the few who would have one isolated incident and that would be it, but no such luck (and not very likely I guess, but hope springs ...
Read more : First attack in almost five years | Views : 2907 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Study: high-dose Cytoxan effective for RRMS, not so for SPMS

This abstract looked at a population of 23 patients who underwent high-dose cyclophosphamide treatment, and concludes that the treatment was very effective in treating RRMS, but ineffective in treating SPMS and PPMS patients. This pretty much confirms what most of us have been hearing about the treatment...

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/jour ... 1&SRETRY=0

Marshal protocal ? not the answer for ms'rs who love the sun

I would like to start a antibiotic treatment. The marshal protocol makes some sense but scares the hell out of me. I have seen more sun than most my age and don't want to become a mole. I have ppms take no meds and do nothing except maintain a mostly raw diet without consuming any processed foods. I am healthy but loosing mobility. Drop foot and fatigue being the worst of what I deal with ...
Read more : Marshal protocal ? not the answer for ms'rs who love the sun | Views : 1125 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

WalkAide

I didn't know which thread to continue so I just started a new one. What has the WalkAide enabled you to do that you weren't able to do before?

For example, I could go in to the supermarket (and shop) instead of waiting in the car. I am able to walk from the parking lot to the restaurant intead of being dropped off while my husband parks the car. I am able to walk through ...
Read more : WalkAide | Views : 9449 | Replies : 21 | Forum : Medical Devices

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 238588 • Total topics 25986 • Total members 17251

Contact us | Terms of Service