It is currently Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:19 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

New search engine: Cuil

For lack of a better spot to post this, I put this here: This week I heard about this new search engine created by three former Google employees. It is www.cuil.com and is self-described as having 3 times more than Google. Also,
We believe that analyzing the Web rather than our users is a more useful approach, so we don’t collect data about you and your habits, lest we ...
Read more : New search engine: Cuil | Views : 1373 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

UK MS Society research

WARNING TO HARRYZ AND HIS HENCHMEN/FOLLOWERS - PLEASE READ NO FURTHER. THERE ARE REFERENCES TO ANIMAL MODELS OF MS / AUTOIMMUNITY AND OTHER TERRIBLE THINGS. NO NEED TO COMMENT AS WE ACKNOWLEDGE / RESPECT YOUR VIEWS ON THESE MATTERS

For those such as Lyon / Dignan etc (basically the nice people who visit this site), please read on:

The UK MS Society has announced $9 million of research grants (paltry compared to the US, but ...
Read more : UK MS Society research | Views : 1579 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

I posted a book review that might be of interest

Okay, it's not the greatest written review, but for those who don't go to the reading nook forum, I think you might be interested in the book... The Lyme Disease Solution. It's a good complimentary read for people who do the diet/nutritional supplements and/or antibiotic regimen.
Read more : I posted a book review that might be of interest | Views : 1806 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Antibiotics

One problem with the "Golden Years"

If these are the "Golden Years", then I want a different color.
DrMom
Read more : One problem with the "Golden Years" | Views : 3679 | Replies : 1 | Forum : MS in the Golden Years

New MSer here

I have not been Dx yet, but have soooo many of the signs and symptoms of MS that I stopped counting them. The worse is the peripheral neuropathy in the shins of my legs as well as the pins and needles in different parts of my body. I am a mess. Have too many other conditions to mention, but do have a few immune mediated problems such as RA, allergic asthma and celiac.

It is ...
Read more : New MSer here | Views : 1432 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

do not step on a duck

Three women die together in an accident and go to heaven.

When they get there, St. Peter says, 'We only have one rule here in heaven:

Don't step on the ducks!'

So they enter heaven, and sure enough, there are ducks all over the place.
It is almost impossible not to step on a duck, and although they try their best to avoid them, the first woman accidentally steps on one.

Along comes St. Peter ...
Read more : do not step on a duck | Views : 1660 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Humor

Hi...I'm new

Hi. I just found this site today and signed up. I'm always researching and reading. Trying to keep up on all the latest information and treatments. "Traditional" or not. Additionally, I think we can NEVER have too much support! I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Kimberly
Read more : Hi...I'm new | Views : 1613 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

JOHNS HOPKINS ATTENTION MS AND SJOGRENS PATIENTS

Hi, everyone: Just joined the This is MS community. Let me introduce myself. My name is Dr. Birnbaum----I have trained in both Rheumatology/Internal Medicine as well as Neurology. I work at Johns Hopkins University---this year at Johns Hopkins University, under the aegis of the Transverse Myelitis Center, I have started a Clinic devoted towards care of patients with neurological manifestaions of rheumatic disease. Although I had anticipated that the bulk of my patients would have ...
Read more : JOHNS HOPKINS ATTENTION MS AND SJOGRENS PATIENTS | Views : 1772 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

IVIG - not effective

Intravenous immunoglobulin in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: a dose-finding trial 28 July 2008

OBJECTIVE:

Several studies have reported a reduction of relapses after the long-term administration of IV immunoglobulin (IVIG) to patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS), but they were mostly small and differed in terms of predefined outcome variables and treatment regimen. We therefore set out to test two different doses of a new formulation of immunoglobulin termed IGIV-C 10% for suppression of both ...
Read more : IVIG - not effective | Views : 3283 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Hello

Hello fellow PWMS and people who love them.

I am a forty-something female living with RRMS some 16+ years. My primary symptoms are balance, sensory issues, lower body strength and ON. I walk, sometimes with a cane and sometimes not.

My hubby and I work from home. It's a huge relief to me after battling bowel urgency issues for years. They went away when the stress did, though.

We have 5 grown children (his) and ...
Read more : Hello | Views : 1224 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233421 • Total topics 25044 • Total members 16204

Contact us | Terms of Service