It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:37 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

try this new game!!

:D hi ya'll try out this new version of tic tac toe you'll love it!! for real

http://stuff.pyzam.com/toys/tictacscare.swf

let me know what ya think 8)
Read more : try this new game!! | Views : 2255 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

Are there indicators for a good or bad disease course?

Hi Guys,

Because i'm obsessed with ms and what may happen in the future i have been wondering if anyone knows if there is anything that may indicate what disease course you may have.

I have read in the past that what happens in the first 5 years may be an indicator of what your ms may do in the future, if it's going to be mild or more aggressive.

If ms is so unpredictable ...
Read more : Are there indicators for a good or bad disease course? | Views : 1378 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

MRI of the Spine

Hello to all-

I'm due for another MRI...the majority of my lesions were in my brain in my previous MRIs, yet I had a single one in my spine. My neuro told me that another MRI of the spine was not necessary due to the lack of newer clinical signs related to it. I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience.

thanks in advance,

TOL
Read more : MRI of the Spine | Views : 1510 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Can search function be combined with a highlight?

I want to search the sight for "MMP-9". Ideally, I'd like the term "MMP-9" to be highlighted in the threads I click on after the search. This would make it easier to review the search results. Is this possible? Ken
Read more : Can search function be combined with a highlight? | Views : 1762 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Support

Tovaxin trial monitoring arm

Howdy - I'm brand new to this website and forum but I've been emailing with someone else in the Tovaxin study in Chicago who let me know about this site. I know I received the vaccine during phase IIb, but I've been testing negative for MRTCs ever since and have one last monitoring blood draw in mid December, results expected right after Christmas. I actually had my second attack during the monitoring arm a few ...
Read more : Tovaxin trial monitoring arm | Views : 2536 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Mike's 100 Day Story

Howdy all,

I'm a few days early here but what the heck!

My MS:
I am 42 years old and my first MS attack was in October 2003 and the actual MS diagnosis came during my second attack in August 2004. The majority of my lesions are in my spinal cord so my symptoms are exclusively motor and sensory and manifest as problems with stamina in my legs, overall balance problems, sluggish left hand and ...
Read more : Mike's 100 Day Story | Views : 5909 | Replies : 28 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

President Signs the ADA Amendments Act — a Bill Reaffirming

Oct 06, 2008

President Signs the ADA Amendments Act — a Bill Reaffirming Protections for People with Disabilities

The power of the Society’s MS activist network to help move public policy legislation forward was dramatically illustrated with the recent passage and signing of the ADA Amendments Act, which brings millions of people back under the protection of the Americans with Disabilities Act.

When originally signed into law in 1990, the ADA made it clear that ...

Phase III trial details?

Does anyone have details about the phase III trials? Specifically, will the protocol contain a placebo arm?

Cyclops
Read more : Phase III trial details? | Views : 1862 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

endothelin 1 - natural inhibitors

Here's some more reasons to have quercetin and green tea:

1: Am J Clin Nutr. 2008 Oct;88(4):1018-25. Links
Pure dietary flavonoids quercetin and (-)-epicatechin augment nitric oxide products and reduce endothelin-1 acutely in healthy men.Loke WM, Hodgson JM, Proudfoot JM, McKinley AJ, Puddey IB, Croft KD.
School of Medicine and Pharmacology and the School of Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, University of Western Australia, Perth, Western Australia.

BACKGROUND: Dietary flavonoids may improve endothelial function and ...
Read more : endothelin 1 - natural inhibitors | Views : 2385 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Natural Approach

Step towards understanding MS's variability

How often have we wondered why the course of MS varies so much from person to person, and why we respond so differently to various treatments? This new discovery might be a step towards understanding that:
Public release date: 13-Oct-2008

amaxmen@rockefeller.edu
212-327-8393
Rockefeller University Press
Response to immune protein determines pathology of multiple sclerosis

New research ...
Read more : Step towards understanding MS's variability | Views : 1808 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235107 • Total topics 25366 • Total members 16576

Contact us | Terms of Service