It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:23 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

brain biopsy anyone?

Gp says I have MS, but Neuro is still saying possible MS. I have a large lesion (2cm) in my brain (was thought to be a tumor, but biopsy proved it's a lesion) Anybody else here need to have surgery to rule out a tumor? I've read all kinds of forum's, no ones mentioned it. Symptoms began this Feb. 'Wooden' arms & feet, very clumsy, uncoordinated, etc. So far I've had 2MRI's, 3 CT's, 1 ...
Read more : brain biopsy anyone? | Views : 2263 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Introductions

Goin' to Cali

Well my date's tentatively set for week of July 13. He told me to block out 3 days but it would maybe only take 2. I can't flippin' wait.
Read more : Goin' to Cali | Views : 2275 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Dr. Zamboni's website

I have received an email from Dr. Zamboni in answer to my request for access to his presentation at the 2009 Charing Cross Symposium.
I do not think he would mind if I share this information
thank you for the Forum interest in CCSVI. The origin of such a new window open on MS is get back of 8-9 years, or more. We are preparing, thanks to the generousity of Hilarescere Foundation, a web site ...
Read more : Dr. Zamboni's website | Views : 7566 | Replies : 35 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Good book for newly diagnosed?

Hi there.
I have been recently diagnsed with MS and I'm looking for a good book to help me out with information. Anything that can tell me what to expect and what I should do in both the long and short term.
Scared and confused. Help please. Thanks.
-a
Read more : Good book for newly diagnosed? | Views : 3932 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Reading Nook

BBB Question

So I believe I have read somewhere that in MS the Blood Brain Barrier breaks down, correct me if I'm wrong. So I guess my question is, when/ if the BBB "breaks down" or w/e does this mean its going to stop meds from working properly by not getting thru the BBB or does it mean that drugs can be much more effective?

the way i was kinda thinking was if the BBB essentially works ...
Read more : BBB Question | Views : 1045 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Thinking of You card for Marie

To All -

Marie should be starting to pack her suitcase for her trip to Stanford. We all know the contributions Marie has made to this forum - how many times have we asked her to explain a medical term? - how many times has she found a medical resource to answer our questions? For those of us who have decided to be tested and/or treated - we are fortunate that Marie is part of ...
Read more : Thinking of You card for Marie | Views : 3220 | Replies : 18 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Myomo E100

Hey i just found this and thought that it was a really amazing story after doing a little work i found that the product that they are using the Myomo E100
Here is the story
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/health/new ... 0905141710
Here is the companies web site
http://www.myomo.com/
Read more : Myomo E100 | Views : 1951 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Medical Devices

Obama e letter re: healthcare reform

Health care news worth sharing
From: President Barack Obama <president@messages.whitehouse.gov>
president@messages.whitehouse.gov To: hshean4764@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 2:19 pm

Good afternoon,

You are receiving this email because you signed up at WhiteHouse.gov. My staff and I plan to use these messages as a way to directly communicate about important issues and opportunities, and today I have some encouraging updates about health care reform.

The ...
Read more : Obama e letter re: healthcare reform | Views : 1232 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

How to Understand Remission in CCSVI

One issue that people and doctors have alluded to in the CCSVI discussion as a proof that MS cannot be vascular , is the relapsing/remitting nature of MS. How can we understand exacerbations, flares and remission within this paradigm?

I wanted to start a thread to try and ferret out some research to understand this facet of MS.

This first post is just some rambling thoughts...but we'll get the science going.

One thing that I ...

Ginger eases chemotherapy nausea

This might give some help for HDC patience...
http://www.physorg.com/news161544273.html

--Frank
Read more : Ginger eases chemotherapy nausea | Views : 1826 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240192 • Total topics 26243 • Total members 17484

Contact us | Terms of Service