It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:26 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Distilled water, Urine and songs

Hi...
So tonight I thought I do a google search on distilled water and see if there is anything on it pertaining to MS. Like usual, I was distracted by all the odd other things that are on the net. Did you know that there are ppl that believe in drinking your own urine???? OMG! I am sorry...that is craziness. Urine is your waste...unless you are sick and your body is getting rid of things ...
Read more : Distilled water, Urine and songs | Views : 1808 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Daily Life

Vit D

Vit D article

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j692918069&w=464753

I've become a convert to the Vit D thing. No more high factor suntan cream in Summer. But as I look out the window and see the fireworks going off (Bonfire Night in the UK), I realise how short and dark the days are.

I now understand that Vit D3 is the supplement to take, but am confused by how much I should be taking. ...
Read more : Vit D | Views : 5642 | Replies : 43 | Forum : General Discussion

Hello I am ThePixie also called Elizabeth!

I started a feverish search of this site, because so many other sites are all drug (sorry.. prescription) related. Because I believe in a holistic approach, I needed to find people of like mind. I am 55 and we believe my first symptoms occured (if MS is an auto-immune disorder) 30 years ago and 17 years ago with real venom. So I have relapsed and gotten better until three years ago. None of the ...
Read more : Hello I am ThePixie also called Elizabeth! | Views : 2111 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

Small molecule research

Biotechs Expand Into Small Molecules For Drug Discovery
Main Category: Biology / Biochemistry News
Article Date: 03 Nov 2006 - 12:00pm (PST)

Biotech companies traditionally focus on large proteins in their quest to find new drugs. But faced with the complex nature of disease, these companies are increasingly turning to small molecules as well. This new push into small-molecule drug design, which researchers hope will deliver better and more effective disease treatments, is explored in ...
Read more : Small molecule research | Views : 1063 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Loobie's Tovaxin trial experience

Lewis,
Opexa has successfully made a vaccine formulation from your cell line. Your first dose should happen the week after thanksgiving. We have to split up the first visit. Let me know if the following schedule works for you:
27 NOV 2006 - MRI 9:30 at DMI, with your labs, and doctor visit occuring immediately after at St. E's.
28 NOV 2006 - 1st dose 10:00 at St. E's

Well this is an email from ...
Read more : Loobie's Tovaxin trial experience | Views : 2667 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Hello, Ewizabeth here

Hi Everybody,

I'm known online as Ewizabeth at several websites. I'm married for 26 years, we have two sons, 23 & 25.

I work full time, four 10.5 hour days per week. I'm going to online college fulltime also, to finish my BSBA degree, should be finished in one year.

I was diagnosed with RRMS in January 2003, but probably had it for decades before. I'm 48 yrs old now.

I started with Avonex, then ...
Read more : Hello, Ewizabeth here | Views : 2394 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Introductions

Retired and unable to enjoy it! Are you driving?

:?: So after fighting SSA for two years I finally achieved the bliss of full disability. It is not enough to use for exotic travel, but it came with Medicare and at least my medical expenses have gone down.

Now how do you/we cope with empty nest syndrome, children who won't accept the diagnosis and that constant feeling of the need to do be doing something we ...
Read more : Retired and unable to enjoy it! Are you driving? | Views : 7328 | Replies : 19 | Forum : MS in the Golden Years

when it rains...

it pours and then some.

more than a month ago, my symptoms - fatigue, numbness a few others started to intesify but still manageable.

please forgive any spelling errors - this message was written with the right-hand hunt n' peck method ;-)

a week ago i was treated for UTI symptoms...

this monday i called my neuro to give him an update, and he told me to ...
Read more : when it rains... | Views : 1225 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Giovannoni - "The infectious causes of M.S."

This is the Lancet Neurology link to the review article, but there is no abstract:

http://tinyurl.com/ymj98l

However, there is also this:

http://www.msif.org/en/research/research_news/infectious_cause.html

Summary: The cause of MS is unknown but some infective agents are thought to play a contributory role. This review article discusses two of the possible candidates, Epstein Barr virus and Chlamydia pneumonia, and the evidence for each of them.

authors: Giovannoni G, Cutter GR, Lunemann J, Martin R, Munz C, Sriram S, ...
Read more : Giovannoni - "The infectious causes of M.S." | Views : 1878 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Antibiotics

New to injections and bit freaked out!

Hi All,
I was diagnosed with MS in Aug this year and am now on my first week of injections with Copaxone. It's been a bit of a whirlwind from diagnosis to this point and am feeling a bit scared and alone with this whole injecting thing. When I inject I get a stinging sensation afterwards... this I can cope with but it's much worse on my arms and bottom. Really painful, has anyone else ...
Read more : New to injections and bit freaked out! | Views : 6798 | Replies : 22 | Forum : Copaxone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218790 • Total topics 22550 • Total members 14199