It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:16 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

New Diagnosis, Questions

Hello Everyone,

It's hard to know where to start except to say I need the support and advice of others who understand what it's like to deal with MS.

I'm 51, 'old' for MS to begin as one out of four of the neurologists I have seen told me. Never having been sick other than stuff my five kids brought home from school and hospitalization for childbirth, having to inject myself with Betaseron every other ...
Read more : New Diagnosis, Questions | Views : 5006 | Replies : 20 | Forum : Introductions

Hello from the MS Fighter

Hello, I am a 40 year old female and native of Atlanta, GA. My first symptoms were in 2000 when I experienced episodes of dizziness and balance problems. Throughout the years my symptoms progressed and neurologist could not diagnose me. I received probable diagnose from Lupus, dystonia... and finaly, It's in my head. During this time I lost strength in bilateral UE/LE, right greater than left. My right hand is clawed. I also developed tachycardia, ...
Read more : Hello from the MS Fighter | Views : 2376 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Introductions

Campax vs Tysbri

My physician provided me two options for treatment Tysbri and Campath. One FDA approved and the other not. One covered by ins and the other possibly not. When I asked my physician which one he would choose for his family member if they were in my shoes he chose Campath.
Are there any reports compairing Campath and Tysbri?
Read more : Campax vs Tysbri | Views : 3765 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Anyone's insurance paid for Campath outside of a trile?

My Doctor has prescribed Campath in order to stabilize my MS? I have heard of only a few insurances that have paid for the treatment since it is not FDA approved at this point.
If your insurance did approve Campath how did you do it?
If your insurance did not approve Campath, how much were you out of pocket per year?

Anyone out there with their Brainstem affected by MS?

I have experienced neurological symptoms since 2001. However, I did not receive my diagnosis until Dec. 2007. My MRI showed significant damage to my Brainstem. It does explain my tachycardia and neurogenic bladder.
Has anyone experienced Brainstem damage?
Read more : Anyone out there with their Brainstem affected by MS? | Views : 2429 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Texas Barbecue Sauce

Hi all

Just had some best buds to stay in wildest Africa with me for a month (they live in Houston, Texas), and someone (sorry, can't remember who, think it was Gwa?) told me I should ask them to bring me some Texas Barbecue Sauce, and I just wanted to say thank you - it is the BEST! Needless to say, I ate way too much red meat, but I swear I will cut back ...
Read more : Texas Barbecue Sauce | Views : 11715 | Replies : 93 | Forum : Daily Life

Abnormal Sleep Cycles

Hi all-

Just wondering how many folks can include irregular sleep in their bag of MS goodies?

My hubby had never slept well...always had to listen to music or talk radio to fall asleep, didn't need more than six hours. Had an "over-active " mind. Never had regular sleep habits (I'm an eight hour 10pm-6am gal, so it became a joke in our family) He was also a snorer and thrasher, and a major blanket ...
Read more : Abnormal Sleep Cycles | Views : 3512 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General Discussion

lp results- no o bands and question about albumin and IgA

I went and picked up my lab results yesterday but am not seeing the dr until monday and wanted to see if anyone knew anything about this-

I was releived to see there were no o-bands- is this pretty much a definite as to no ms? I know some people with ms don't have them, but it's a low percentage, right? I haven't gotten the mri results and only had one lesion on brainstem back ...
Read more : lp results- no o bands and question about albumin and IgA | Views : 4043 | Replies : 18 | Forum : General Discussion

Occ Health Nurse a moron?

I had to see Occ Health nurse at work today as I requested permission to park in visitor bays because the main car park is a 10 minute walk from my office - which I can find tricky.

The nurse went all out and then told me that in her opinion it probably wasn't MS at all but the numbness / weakness I was having in my R arm is probably due to a whip ...
Read more : Occ Health Nurse a moron? | Views : 1900 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Is it delivered refrigerated?

I cant remember reading this anywhere, sorry. Is Tovaxin delivered via refrigerated transport?
Read more : Is it delivered refrigerated? | Views : 2162 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228533 • Total topics 24179 • Total members 15466

Contact us | Terms of Service