It is currently Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:24 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Rebif sides after two years

Does anyone still experience flu side effects after being on Rebif for a long time? I started on Avonex and the flu sides were awful at first but they got better over time. After two years on Rebif I still get the flu sides but keep taking it because it's apparently working (MRI was ok this time)
Read more : Rebif sides after two years | Views : 2534 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Rebif

Question about minocycline

How long does it take for minocycline to start working (when talking about ms and not acne :wink: )?

I’m sure this has already been discussed before but I am in the middle of a relapse right now and I really don’t feel that good!
Read more : Question about minocycline | Views : 2466 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

prozac

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/564301

prozac and ms? first i've heard of this

Fluoxetine Shows Promise in Multiple Sclerosis CME

News Author: Thomas S. May
CME Author: Laurie Barclay, MD
Disclosures
Release Date: October 16, 2007; Valid for credit through October 16, 2008
Credits Available

Physicians - maximum of 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ for physicians;
Family Physicians - up to 0.25 AAFP Prescribed credit(s) for physicians

The supporter had no role ...
Read more : prozac | Views : 2368 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

doxy

ok it is official, i'm pretty sure doxy is gonna kill me
is mino this bad, but does it work just as well
can i do two 100 mg doses
i'm bed ridden but get up to take doxy but by the end of the 30 mins
i'm absolutely exhausted
can i take doxy lying down
shell
Read more : doxy | Views : 2920 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Antibiotics

information and website

hello,
Have been researching and gathering information about LDN and people's experiences and alternative methods for MS in exploration for my own MS. This site and people has been very helpful. Many may already be connected to this, but, I have also joined the LDN Yahoo website, which has been a great connection. I have posted some interesting informative links and recent news from that site, below:

http://tinyurl.com/grpm9

Read more : information and website | Views : 2215 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

This Is Athens!

Hello to everyone from Athens, Greece!

Im kaizen aka Thanos, 29 years old, and i have MS. I'm married to a wonderful woman who makes the sun shine brighter for me (no she is not reading this...). I hate my underpaid job, which requires me to commute for a full hour in the morning and another one in the afternoon, but on the other hand, im glad i at least have a job...

On October ...
Read more : This Is Athens! | Views : 2350 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Introductions

Symadex

Xanthus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. presented preclinical results from the Company’s FLT3 autoimmune program that describe a novel mechanism of action for achieving prolonged disease attenuation in an animal model for multiple sclerosis (MS). The experiments showed that Symadex™, the lead compound from Xanthus’ FLT3 autoimmune program, directly targets macrophages and monocytes, key cells responsible for driving the autoimmune response. Stephen J. Karlik, Ph.D., Professor of Diagnostic Radiology at the University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, described ...
Read more : Symadex | Views : 1371 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Possible new role for blood in the brain

This seems like a bizarre idea and a completely different view on how the brain might work, but a new twist in thinking might be just what we need:

Public release date: 15-Oct-2007

thomson@mit.edu
617-258-5402
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
MIT: blood may help us think
CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--MIT scientists propose that blood may help us think, in addition ...
Read more : Possible new role for blood in the brain | Views : 1748 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Histone deacetylase (HDAC) inhibitors stimulate T-reg Cells

Cancer drugs could fight autoimmune disease

* 16 October 2007
* NewScientist.com news service

Many anti-cancer drugs have the unfortunate side-effect of depressing the body's immune system. So it makes sense that one class of these drugs is being investigated as a way of tackling autoimmune diseases like multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis. These are triggered when the immune system's T-cells go into overdrive and attack the body's own cells.

Wayne Hancock and colleagues at ...
Read more : Histone deacetylase (HDAC) inhibitors stimulate T-reg Cells | Views : 1385 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 226680 • Total topics 23876 • Total members 15148

Contact us | Terms of Service