It is currently Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:59 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

*waves*

Hey guys and gals! I'm Krissy, I'm 20. I would love to say I have epilepsy and MS and it doesn't have me, but I can't. They're currently kickin' my butt.

I was diagnosed about two years ago with epilepsy, and about 4 months ago with MS. My neuro put me on Rebif, I was on that for just about three months, then my LFTs were over double the amout they should be, so I ...
Read more : *waves* | Views : 1917 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Introductions

Gluten-free Diet

Hello all-

So many articles I have read have mentioned that the elimination of Wheat and Gluten in your diet can help slow down the effect of MS for futute exasterbations.

What have the rest of you heard? Is there a real MS diet that has been proven to work?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Kevin
Read more : Gluten-free Diet | Views : 5280 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Diet

Not specific to MS

Read more : Not specific to MS | Views : 1790 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

EBV and B-cells

Another interesting story can be found on http://www.msrc.co.uk/ it tells that FTY720 seems to have anti-viral potential - at least in low doses.
Again there may be questions raised regarding an infectious cause of MS...

Just a thought, could it be that immune-system-rebooting (Campath / HDC) acts through killing the infected host-cells of EBV (B-cells) and thereby eliminating the EBV infection, and thus maybe the primary dissease cause?
In ...
Read more : EBV and B-cells | Views : 1679 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Strange symptoms.... MS?

It all started about 4 years ago... I was having strange achilles
tendon pain. It didn't feel like a tear or a bruise... more like
tennis elbow. It would expand into the plantar facia and up into the
calf muscle. It crawled like restless leg. MRI showed minimal to no
inflamation and antiinflamitories didn't help. This has come and went
over the last 4 years.

2 Years ago, some muscle twitching has started and seems ...
Read more : Strange symptoms.... MS? | Views : 2253 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Introductions

fast track?

Hello hello!

Well done to everyone who has participated in Revimmune trials, it all sounds a bit taxing. Well worth it though of course.

Anyway, anyway, I'm writing because I heard a mention that Revimmune would apply for fast tracking through the FDA. Can anyone tell me more? They are about to enter the phase III trial, is this U.S. only? I presume there are plans to market this in Europe? What I really want ...
Read more : fast track? | Views : 1682 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Weight Gain on Copaxone?

Anyone experience this. I had it with Betaseron and I think on this drug too. Is this common? Im newly diagnosed since the start of 2008. I'm working out daily, swimming and all. Its just coming out of nowhere and I eat good, nothing bad that would cause weight gain.

Anyone experience this? I refuse to pack on pounds for the sake of these drugs...if I should become imobile later on, that weight will be ...
Read more : Weight Gain on Copaxone? | Views : 17458 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Copaxone

cool song

When I listen to this one it reminds me of me and my wife. I tought some of you aspiring artists might enjoy covering this song, late

Yeah, thats you HS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ_3bYXA ... re=related
Read more : cool song | Views : 1775 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Daily Life

"Roquin" Gene, and its relation to AI conditions

Saw a program on TV about it, and found this on the web site.

For the intro video

Her story details

And the MS bit
Research projects in Vinuesa’s group
Elucidating the role of the autoimmune modulator Roquin and TFH cells in the prevention of Experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis: D. Silva, Joseph Ng, C. Vinuesa.
While mice with dysfunctional Roquin develop autoimmune diseases including diabetes, they are protected against experimental autoimmune encephalitis (EAE), a mouse model of ...
Read more : "Roquin" Gene, and its relation to AI conditions | Views : 2961 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gene Therapy

Uninsured and Unsure

Suggestions
Read more : Uninsured and Unsure | Views : 2003 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233930 • Total topics 25126 • Total members 16304

Contact us | Terms of Service