It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 3:08 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Ballooning, shoulder pain, etc

Hi all- It's been so wonderful to read all the stories of folks who've seen Dr Dake and had various stenting procedures done. Since I'm the first, Joan mentioned that several are curious about the shoulder/neck pain issue. Like many, after my 1st procedure, this was very slow to dissipate - I'd say it was completely abated by about 8 weeks. Very gradual, so if you are feeling like it's 'never' going to get better ...
Read more : Ballooning, shoulder pain, etc | Views : 2201 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

MS as a Vascular Disease

Don't know if this article has been cited already. Given the obvious relevance of the title, it's a good bet you guys have, so sorry if this is old info.

http://www.shreveportphysiology.com/Ale ... MS.pdf.pdf

I have only had a chance to skim it, so I don't know if it adds much to the discussion. I did find the authors' take on the effects of interferon-beta interesting.
Read more : MS as a Vascular Disease | Views : 1746 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

relapse

When someone has a bad relapse and then makes an almost total recovery and this recovery lasts for years and years how is this related to ccsvi,
Read more : relapse | Views : 1601 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Children and CCSVI

I was asked this question the other day. How can you explain the connection between CCSVI and children with MS? I did not have an answer.
Read more : Children and CCSVI | Views : 1719 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Rumours of my death ...

… Have been greatly exaggerated. I'm OK! Bob tells me he keeps getting enquiries about my health, so I think I'd better explain. Since November of last year I seem to have had one infection after another: they each knocked me for six and no sooner do I begin recovering from one than another one strikes. The cumulative effect has been to leave me very weak, with little energy for posting or checking out research, ...
Read more : Rumours of my death ... | Views : 2629 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

How America overpays for drugs

Here's a great article about the stranglehold big pharma has over American healthcare. There's a letter at the bottom which can help Americans lobby their members of Congress for change to get cheaper drugs.
http://www.lef.org/lac

I'm not even American and I'm incensed at the costs you guys have to pay to get healthcare!!
Read more : How America overpays for drugs | Views : 1258 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Wobbly, didn't you have more tests?

Wobbly mentioned in another post that he was having more tests done July 18th. I wonder how he is...will he let us know?

CVI and CCSVI similarities?

I have red some texts here about comparing CVI (for example in leg) and CCSVI. Is the veins insufficiency process similar? or what are the similarities? Of course vein dysfunctions can be in different areas of body and this produces different concequences. With my poor english I've notices some common things: (please you can write more about this and "fix" my mistakes..)

- reflux? happens always when vein has obstacles?

- "leaky veins" --> blood ...
Read more : CVI and CCSVI similarities? | Views : 1888 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Lumbar puncture readings

I had a lumbar puncture on April first, but I haven't heard from my neuro since.I've called about 5 times for a follow up, and last week I was fed up and asked that all results be forwarded to my GP. I don't think she really knows how to read the results, she said they appeared normal, but she didn't know exactly what my neuro was looking for.

Does anyone here know what to make ...
Read more : Lumbar puncture readings | Views : 1856 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

women

do women get stenosis 3x more thean men?
Read more : women | Views : 1782 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 243216 • Total topics 26715 • Total members 17853

Contact us | Terms of Service