It is currently Tue May 31, 2016 10:43 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Heat, MS and the disease process

It's widely acknowledged that heat makes MS symptoms more noticeable.

This is generally though to be because nerves transmit information faster in the heat and are therefore more likely to misfire in the case of MS.

However I read an article which recounted a woman with MS dying whilst sunbathing. Also my first noticeable 'MS attack' occurred after using a very high powered sun bed in a poorly ventilated room with no cooling system.

So ...
Read more : Heat, MS and the disease process | Views : 3512 | Replies : 24 | Forum : General Discussion

Time for me to join in

Hello.

I guess it's time for me to join in. I received my "official" diagnosis today.

I've spent a little while perusing the site and it looks like there is a lot of good information and there are many helpful people here. I think I will learn a lot and if nothing else, not feel so alone.
Read more : Time for me to join in | Views : 1771 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Introductions

Excerise making worse

Ah, how convenient. :wink:

I had a vertigo relapse two months ago. I am pretty much back to normal now, and started going back tot he gym on Monday Ever since, the vertigo has been creeping back.

Any ideas what it could be? Maybe I am jumping to conclusions...
Read more : Excerise making worse | Views : 2020 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

Man Can Breath Again (Stem Cell Video Story)

I apologize if this has been mentioned on here as i searched the forums and did not see it but here's a great video story of a man who has been paralysed from the neck down for 14 years now from an accident and couldn't breath on his own went to India and had a stem cell procedure done and now can breath again without a resperator and also not fall over when sitting. They're ...
Read more : Man Can Breath Again (Stem Cell Video Story) | Views : 1604 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

I am just asking......

Hi everybody....

I am very interesting.....when does rebif take effect (after how many time). I mean, do you have any improvement, or how long does it take to notice any improvement...if there is any.....
:cry:
Hope you are not angry about these questions.... :)

Thanks for your reply, and have a nice day.....

Sorry, my language ...
Read more : I am just asking...... | Views : 3611 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Rebif

Question about acetylcholinesterase inhibitors, cog function

Has anyone had any luck using acetylcholinesterase inhibitors like razadyne/ aricept to improve cognitive function?

My Doc prescribed razadyne, but insurance won't cover it unless I get a DX of Alzheimers. I'm not willing to do that. I saw and article not long ago where that dx. followed someone around on health records.

I'd be willing to try it out of pocket if it works.

I do so miss my brain....
Read more : Question about acetylcholinesterase inhibitors, cog function | Views : 1129 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Regulatory B cells

Regulatory B cells and interleukin – 10… they keep cropping up, don't they?

Public release date: 27-May-2008

mary.gore@duke.edu
919-660-1309
Duke University Medical Center
Regulatory B cells exist -- and pack a punch

DURHAM, N.C. – Researchers at Duke University Medical Center have uncovered definitive evidence that a small but potent subset of immune system B ...
Read more : Regulatory B cells | Views : 1007 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Another one for copaxone!

I finally saw the right doctor! And he has recommended copaxone (apparently beta interferons are not a great idea if you have a history of epilepsy & depression).

I see the MS nurse on tuesday next week and we'll see what happens from there - if anybody has any advice / thoughts / knowledge to share I would appreciate it.
Read more : Another one for copaxone! | Views : 2069 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Phase II for LymphoStat-B

A lupus medication fast-tracked for MS- more B cell activity....

LymphoStat-B® (belamumab) is a human monoclonal antibody that inhibits the biological activity of B-lymphocyte stimulator, or BLyS®. BLyS is a naturally occurring protein discovered by HGS. In lupus and certain other autoimmune diseases, elevated levels of BLyS are believed to contribute to the production of autoantibodies – antibodies that attack and destroy the body’s own healthy tissues.

http://www.hgsi.com/lymphostat-ba-belimumab.html

Human ...
Read more : Phase II for LymphoStat-B | Views : 1385 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

2 stories: Stroke Trial Begins & Research Award

Stem Cell Therapeutics Corp. Announces Enrollment of the First Patient in its REGENESIS Phase IIb Stroke Trial

CALGARY, ALBERTA, May 28, 2008 (MARKET WIRE via COMTEX) ----Stem Cell Therapeutics Corp. ("SCT") (TSX VENTURE: SSS) is pleased to announce the enrollment of the first patient in its REGENESIS Phase IIb stroke trial. The REGENESIS trial is a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled Phase IIb clinical trial for SCT's lead program, NTx-265, for the treatment of acute ischemic stroke. ...
Read more : 2 stories: Stroke Trial Begins & Research Award | Views : 1438 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232541 • Total topics 24872 • Total members 16026

Contact us | Terms of Service