It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:54 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

IL-12-, IL-23-modulated Tcells induce distinct types of EAE

I think this could be a posible explanation about different causes in EM.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18573909

Rita
Read more : IL-12-, IL-23-modulated Tcells induce distinct types of EAE | Views : 1411 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

New in California

Hi everyone we just found this site this week we think it's wonderful. My wife has had ms for 4 years and is on copaxone and done ok. I have been looking into LDN for her it sure sounds that it might be worth a try just wondered if any one has any thoughts on ldn. We are gonig to the neuro. in 10 days to talk to him about LDN. Thank You rnb
Read more : New in California | Views : 1275 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Young man with Diabetes II have low testosteron levels

Small studies in MS have also shown that MS Patients have a testosteron level in the lower normal bound. Increasing testosteron levels to normal high levels showed some promising effects.
As some see a link between insulin and MS this might be interesting:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 163927.htm

--Frank
Read more : Young man with Diabetes II have low testosteron levels | Views : 1550 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Going off Copaxone a few days? Good or Bad idea

Hello to all

I'm on Copaxone.

I wanted to test something. Does anyone know how many days I would have to be off the shots to be able to tell how I feel without them? I want to test it to see if maybe they are what is making me so sick. I was sick on Betaseron as in the bad flu side effects and more but now I've been getting worse and I wonder ...
Read more : Going off Copaxone a few days? Good or Bad idea | Views : 3480 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Copaxone

Hi from Denmark

Hi everybody :wink:

Boy, am I glad I found your website. I have been searching for a forum that combines news about treatments and personal experiences. And you guys have got it all right here on thisisms! :mrgreen:

My name is Sophie and as you can read from my signature, I just got diagnosed a month ago, so ...
Read more : Hi from Denmark | Views : 1772 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Introductions

Cool Site New Guy

Hi im 17 i have had MS for a year now and of course getting it when your in high school sucks. Bye Bye soccer and drama (with MS i shake and get really stiff responding to my nervousness, no matter how small it is)

It's kinda funny i effectively hid it by pretending to be a clumsy idiot :wink: my junior year until 2 weeks ago ...
Read more : Cool Site New Guy | Views : 1526 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Introductions

Hurricane Gustav, what a prick!!

The downside of living on the coast :( looks like we may be about to have an unwelcome visitor!! Been there and done that, not wanting to do it again :? , This time we will be heading out sooner than later, last time we got one of these we opted to ride it out. Big mistake. Looks ...
Read more : Hurricane Gustav, what a prick!! | Views : 6623 | Replies : 56 | Forum : Daily Life

follow up on FTY720

Had my follow up today. They now warn you not to get any live vaccines and give you the results of certain susceptibilities that you may have, using old blood work. This is all because of the recent infections and the death that has occurred on this med. My EDSS has come up so I had to sign a form saying that I still want to be in this study. I actually thought that my ...
Read more : follow up on FTY720 | Views : 2062 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

New to the forum

Hi, I'm Jennifer, brand new to this forum, have been reading a little bit.

I've been enjoying very mild neurological symptoms for the past year or so -- primarily intermittent numbness/reduced sensation, 'stiffness' , and 'weakness' in my right arm/hand and leg/foot. Doesn't interfere with normal life (aside from the time we spent worrying about ...
Read more : New to the forum | Views : 1953 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Introductions

Bizarre Occurrences

Hello,

I was recently diagnosed with MS during the month of July but believe I have had the disease for 10 years. The first occurrence happened in October of 1998. One morning I awoke with a completely numb right hand. Then, the numbness had spread up my arm down to my waist and then right leg. I lost total mobility and control of my right arm to the point where I was unable to do ...
Read more : Bizarre Occurrences | Views : 1627 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 234286 • Total topics 25195 • Total members 16413

Contact us | Terms of Service