It is currently Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:10 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Immune state after HDC ?

Assuming all your immune system (IS) gets wiped out and reconstructed from the scratch. I think its very improtant for the patients safety to question:
What will the features of the new IS be?

- Will one be vulnerable to childs disseases again, which are much more dangerous (even potentially fatal) to adults (measles, roseola etc).
- Will one have to repeate all relevant vaccinations?
- Will one catch one cold after the other like ...
Read more : Immune state after HDC ? | Views : 2939 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Birth order and MS

Just an FYI-I am the youngest and my older brothers do not have MS. Wondering where others fall in the birth chain.

A new Canadian study suggests that the youngest children in a family are not less likely than older siblings to develop multiple sclerosis (MS).
This is contrary to the “hygiene hypothesis” whereby being too clean is not a good thing.

According to this theory, infections at an early age train the immune system ...
Read more : Birth order and MS | Views : 1538 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

MS and Menopause

I need some advice from others that have been thru this. I'm 47 years old and sometimes I think I'm losing it...not sure if it is the MS or menopause. I'm dealing with emotions, hot flashes, insomnia, etc. How have other ladies on this site coped with this? I'm hot all the time and we all know what impact that has on MS. Do I need to be on estrogen? Thanks for listening.... ...
Read more : MS and Menopause | Views : 1769 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Article on research by Michael J Fox

It would be nice to think that this article by Michael J Fox would prick a few consciences, and lead to a shift in the structure of funding and medical research:

<shortened url>
Read more : Article on research by Michael J Fox | Views : 1860 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Teen getting Campath

Dear all,

I am currently in southern Spain for a long weekend. Weather is lovely c. 22C / 75F. Sitting on the beach reading my newspaper this morning I see the following story about Campath. I hope this young woman sees the good results I have seen.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories ... -20054853/

I´m thinking of you all in freezing cold north America (with the exception of Lori in Florida).

Just think ...
Read more : Teen getting Campath | Views : 1992 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

How to use canes. The psychological leap.

I have MS and have problems walking most days. How do I get myself to start using a cane psychologically? I have random falls and have even fallen and broke my jaw. This (using a cane, or canes) can't be a problem limited to just me? I already know I would need the ones that also get support from your fore arm as my wrists have low strength. Also.... what are the canes I am ...
Read more : How to use canes. The psychological leap. | Views : 4702 | Replies : 26 | Forum : General Discussion

HPV and MS

Has anyone ever heard of a link between HPV and MS? My daughter is at the age to receive the HPV vaccine but I'm hesitant to give the okay. I would never have had second thoughts about it if it weren't for my ms dx.

Marcia
Read more : HPV and MS | Views : 1809 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

anyone on this with mild MS syptoms?

Hi all - I just started this at the advice of my neuro last month. I hate it - BAD side effects for me so far, despite taking Naproxen (1000mg 1 hour prior). The thing is, I've had 3 attacks in the past 5 years and have recovered completely from all of them. I only had to miss work for 4 days with one of them. I don't feel like the type of MS I ...
Read more : anyone on this with mild MS syptoms? | Views : 5490 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Avonex

What di my neurologist just say???

Okay, the neuro I have been seeing for 12 years is retiring next month. He just called me to check on my well-being and to see why i was switching to Mayo. He said " You have a mild, indolent form of MS. in fact if someone were to look at your MRI, they would QUESTION THE DX"!!!! BUT, he said, your history, evoked potentials, symptoms etc are proof. he also said that at 20 ...
Read more : What di my neurologist just say??? | Views : 1649 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Not off topic

Read more : Not off topic | Views : 2794 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 227071 • Total topics 23943 • Total members 15241

Contact us | Terms of Service