It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:14 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Next book

Niko has picked

The cat who could read backwards by Lilian Jackson Braun
Book Description
The most unlikely, most unusual and most delightful team in detective fiction return in another purrfectly extraordinary mystery

Synopsis
A stabbing in an art gallery, vandalised paintings, a fatal fall - this is not what Jim Qwilleran expects when he turns his reportorial talents to art. But with his partner, Koko the Siamese cat, he sniffs out clues and confounds ...
Read more : Next book | Views : 2744 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Reading Nook

The Risk Pool, Richard Russo

Well I must put my hand up and admit that I didnt get through this book! I've been trying to think why not. Of the bits I've read, about a third, I enjoyed Richard Russo's style of writng quite gentle and relaxed; I found the subject matter interesting and from a perspective and way of life (small town provincial) I had never thought about before. There is some humour, not side-splitting stuff but some passages ...
Read more : The Risk Pool, Richard Russo | Views : 2832 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Reading Nook

Pain neuron malfunction, diabetes and autoimmunity

Hi all.

I have come across this story:

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news ... =63970&p=1

According to the researchers, pain neuron malfunction seems to be the cause of type I diabetes. Injecting a substance correcting the problem cured diabetes in mice within a night! The authors suggest that the same mechanism could be the cause of type II diabetes, Crohn's and MS.

Well, it is quite surprising that a study links pain neurotransmitters, ...
Read more : Pain neuron malfunction, diabetes and autoimmunity | Views : 1997 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Reading At Work.

Hi all,i tend to read at work,well in my van as i'm a mobile service engineer when the physical fatigue kicks in which is normally after a couple of hours.I don't read over fast especially when the vision starts to go dodgy in the afternoon.
I go for the sci fi,horror,fantasy stuff which is generally an easy read.I started to read Dean Koontz but i've got a bit fed up of him.
I've just finished ...
Read more : Reading At Work. | Views : 2872 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Reading Nook

Stem cells in hair follicles

Adult Stem Cells Found in Hair Follicles

FRIDAY, Dec. 15 (HealthDay News) -- Adult stem cells found in the bulge of hair follicles may provide an alternative to embryonic stem cells, say researchers at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee.

Like embryonic stem cells, these epidermal neural crest stem cells have a high degree of plasticity, can be isolated at high levels of purity, and can be expanded in culture, the researchers said.

And, ...
Read more : Stem cells in hair follicles | Views : 814 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

12.15.06, 12:00 AM ET

FRIDAY, Dec. 15 (HealthDay News) -- Adult stem cells found in the bulge of hair follicles may provide an alternative to embryonic stem cells, say researchers at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee.
Like embryonic stem cells, these epidermal neural crest stem cells have a high degree of plasticity, can be isolated at high levels of purity, and can be expanded in culture, ...
Read more : Adult Stem Cells Found in Hair Follicles | Views : 1468 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Stem Cells

MS Charity Chief Slams Conviction

THE conviction of three people found guilty of supplying thousands of cannabis-laced chocolate bars to people with multiple sclerosis for pain and other symptom relief has been slammed by a charity dedicated to people affected by the disease.
Lawrence Wood, Chief Executive of the Multiple Sclerosis Resource Centre (MSRC) charity, said after the judgement at Carlisle Crown Court:

“Although we are unable to condone breaking the law we are in a position to point out ...
Read more : MS Charity Chief Slams Conviction | Views : 1304 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Only T-Cells?

I remember reading that some treatments that have shown promise, actually work on the B-Cells. Now, I dont understand all the medicall stuff behind the immune system, but from what I have read, they should also be able to identify B-Cells that are involved in this disease?

Could they not make a "vaccine" that targetted both T-Cells & B-Cells? wouldn't we expect this to be a more complete treatment? or have they tried doing both ...
Read more : Only T-Cells? | Views : 1529 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Tovaxin projected cost?

Has anyone herd a projection of the expected costs of this treatment if it isnt subsidised?
Read more : Tovaxin projected cost? | Views : 2562 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

10/325

All 10/325 Medications are available right here on www.10-325.COM

www.10-325.COM Guarantee!
We guarantee no waiting rooms, no embarrassment, no hassles, complete privacy, confidentialty and discreet packaging.

www.10-325.COM, in this site you are going to find 10-325 Drug Information from suggestions, side effects, interactions, indications and risks about 10-325.

Electronic Prescription Fulfillment.
Weightloss...
...Pain Management
Maintenance...

If you ...
Read more : 10/325 | Views : 864 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220046 • Total topics 22751 • Total members 14358

Contact us | Terms of Service