It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:58 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Who to contact?

I work for the National MS Society. We are in the process of issuing update notices to our referral sites about a change in our URL. Is there someone I can email this communication to directly? I was not sure if you wanted this communication posted in a public forum.

Please advise.
terri.hill@nmss.org
Read more : Who to contact? | Views : 1999 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Support

LC and acidophilus

LC how are you doing now that you're on the acidophilus? any improvement?
Read more : LC and acidophilus | Views : 1019 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Not diagnosed...Yet!

Hey all,

I am so glad to have found this site. I have been reading a bit and see that there are others in the same boat as I am and it makes me feel better that I am not alone in this. :)

I am a 27 year old single mother of 3. About 5 years ago after a car accident my docs did an MRI ...
Read more : Not diagnosed...Yet! | Views : 2298 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Introductions

CBS News Wed. Jan. 17

I don't know if anyone else saw the CBS evening news on Wed. but the subject was the human brain. I think Katie said it was part of a week long series on the topic. The two main subtopics seemed to be brain atrophy due to aging and neuro. diseases such as Altzheimers and dementia. They reported on research that apparently shows that these problems could be slowed down or even reversed. The answer seems ...
Read more : CBS News Wed. Jan. 17 | Views : 1234 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Fantastic MS research summary

This might be my favorite research summary of all time. Nice, brief overview of MS at the beginning, followed by a description of every experimental treatment type and all the representative clinical trials for each type of treatment. A lot to absorb, but worth the effort I think.

http://www.sven-meuth.de/Files/pdf/P15.pdf

Immunotherapeutic Approaches in MS: Update on Pathophysiology and
Emerging Agents or Strategies 2006

Endocrine, Metabolic & Immune Disorders - Drug ...
Read more : Fantastic MS research summary | Views : 2908 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Stem Cells Regenerate Damaged Nerves

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlene ... ne&storyID
=2007-01-17T152054Z_01_WEN2290_RTRUKOC_0_US-GERON.xml&
WTmodLoc=%22Home-R2-newsOne-4

Stem cells nurture damaged spine: study
Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:21 AM ET

BOSTON (Reuters) - Human embryonic stem cells can help regenerate damaged nerves in rats, producing compounds that
nurture nerve cells and stimulate the growth of new ones, Geron Corp. said on Wednesday.

The company's stock rose on the news, published in the journal Stem Cells and Development.

Geron had earlier reported ...
Read more : Stem Cells Regenerate Damaged Nerves | Views : 859 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Hello from MA

At the beginning of Nov '06, I woke up one day with numbness in my legs, they worked fine, they were just numb. I thought I had possibly slept wrong etc.... But after a few days I mentioned it to my husband and he insisted I see my doctor. After meeting with my doctor, and having her consult a neurologist it was decided that blood work and an MRI would be done ASAP. When I ...
Read more : Hello from MA | Views : 1492 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Gait disorders

Not quite sure what is being trialled!

Victhom Human Bionics announces the start of patient enrolment for its Neurostep(TM) clinical trial

Victhom Human Bionics Inc. announces today that it received approval from the Ethics Review Board of the rehabilitation center where its clinical trial on gait disorders will be held. The Company received its Investigational Testing Authorization in December 2006 from Health Canada. The Neurostep(TM) is designed to treat, through neuromodulation, gait disorders (e.g., ...
Read more : Gait disorders | Views : 920 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Parasites - one for Lyon

Parasitic infection is found to benefit MS patients

Patients with multiple sclerosis who also happen to have an intestinal parasite appear to have significantly fewer relapses and better outcomes than other MS patients, a new study found.

The finding suggests that when the body's immune system is occupied with an external threat, it might be less likely to misfire, which happens in conditions known as autoimmune disorders. Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disorder that ...
Read more : Parasites - one for Lyon | Views : 7016 | Replies : 52 | Forum : General Discussion

Polymer microparticles

Polymer Microparticles Show Promise As Ingenious New Drug Delivery System

Scientists in Georgia are reporting successful lab tests of new polymer microparticles that show promise as a long-sought way to deliver drugs directly into the cell structures responsible for inflammation.
Those immune system structures, macrophages, devour and destroy foreign substances such as invading bacteria and cellular debris. However, they also release so-called reactive oxygen species that help cause arthritis, acute liver failure and other ...
Read more : Polymer microparticles | Views : 1113 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221727 • Total topics 23020 • Total members 14544

Contact us | Terms of Service