It is currently Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:15 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

and another newbie!

[b
my name really IS merrily, but I have decided to spell the darned name any way I like it. (the mom likes marilee)
So yes, I am abit rebellious when it comes to my mom, we just rub each other that way. If anyone needs a travel agent, contact me, she can try sending you on a guilt trip, bags packed and all.!! & believe me she is good.
I truely had no intention ...
Read more : and another newbie! | Views : 1400 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

alittle help from a friend to be re: site support

:oops: [

Hi, I am just trying to catch on the all this "stuff" and thot I'd just quickly set up alittle of my personal info, when I came across (already) something I don't get>
Can someone tell me what php syntax time zone means?? I was thinking you wanted MY time zone? do ya?? :?:
Read more : alittle help from a friend to be re: site support | Views : 2237 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Support

New here and don't know what to do

Hello all. Just found this site. I have PPMS and was diagnosed 14 years ago. No real problems other than an annoying toe drag for the first 8 years then all let loose. I'm now at 8.0 on the EDSS and am full-time in a wheel chair. Can't move anything from the waist down and now it's spreading upward. My arms and trunk muscles are going quick. Things are getting critical for me as I'm ...
Read more : New here and don't know what to do | Views : 2528 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Introductions

Itchy skin while on Tysabri?

Lately, I've been feeling really itchy all over. I see in the Patient Medication Insert for Tysabri that pruritus (itching) is one of the possible adverse reactions. Anyone else experiencing this?
Read more : Itchy skin while on Tysabri? | Views : 2288 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

NK cells

UC researchers land grant to study 'natural killer cells' in Multiple Sclerosis 05 October 2007

University of Cincinnati researchers will use a $1.7 million grant to see if natural killer cells, a first line of defense against infection, also provide protection against multiple sclerosis and related chronic inflammation.
The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke awarded the five-year grant to Dr. Bibiana Bielekova, a UC associate professor of neurology and director of the ...
Read more : NK cells | Views : 1053 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

questions

1- i see my gp on the 12th whats my next step double the doxy oe add something new

2- i know breast lactating is a symtom of lyme is it also one for CPn
thanks for the help
shell
ps- because i had such a painful reaction, i have some sort of bacteria thing going on right
Read more : questions | Views : 2150 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Antibiotics

BHT-3009

Not sure if this is new or not...but, thought I would post it

TOL

Bayhill Therapeutics to Present Positive Data From a Phase IIb Trial of BHT-3009 in Multiple Sclerosis

Preparations for a Phase III Trial Underway
BIO Investor Forum 2007

PALO ALTO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Bayhill Therapeutics Inc., announced today top line data from a phase IIb study of its lead investigational drug candidate, BHT-3009, for the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS). Patients in a prospectively ...
Read more : BHT-3009 | Views : 1725 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Spinal Tap Next Week - A few questions!

Hi! I have been undergoing testing for MS due to left sided numbness and pins/needles and left sided weekness. My first brain MRI showed lesions consistant with demylinating disease. I have been checked for ON, which was negative. I am waiting on 2 MRI's for my C Spine and T Spine.

I have a spinal tap scheduled for 10/11 at my neurologist's office. He is going to do the tap in the office and I ...
Read more : Spinal Tap Next Week - A few questions! | Views : 4387 | Replies : 30 | Forum : General Discussion

Red letter day for metronidazole

Today David heard from the journal "Infection" published in Germany by Urban and Vogel that a letter originally written many months ago by Charles Stratton and himself, in response to a paper etitled:

Long-term Antibiotic Treatment with Roxithromycin in Patients with Multiple Sclerosis

by R. Woessner et al, has finally been published in the October issue.

The original paper came to the conclusion that long term use of roxithromycin was no use against multiple ...
Read more : Red letter day for metronidazole | Views : 7504 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Antibiotics

i'm gonn make it

i actually am starting to lose some of the pain
but keep in mind, i'm only on 100mg of doxy
but apparenyly, i've got a heavy load of bugs close to the surface
so maybe that's a good thing
i'm not as scared as i was
not handling the whole bug thing very well
went grocery shopping yesterday,wihout a list
doesn't seem like alot but our thanksgiving is this weeken, so turkey amd all the ...
Read more : i'm gonn make it | Views : 2250 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Antibiotics

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 227082 • Total topics 23944 • Total members 15256

Contact us | Terms of Service