It is currently Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:00 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Ideas

Alright I was Dx less than 4ish months ago, and I keep asking my doctor what I should do to keep healthly what is best to avoid and what might I eat or do more of to keep in the best health I can to fight MS. Well, he said really nothing I can do -_- see... I dont believe that ...

What foods, vitimins, or actions, have you guys done to make yourself feel ...
Read more : Ideas | Views : 4574 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Regimens

Emotional Issues, Is it MS caused?

I seemed to get very emotional, very easy. I mean before I was on Betaseron, and the Dx of MS I wasnt that emotional.
I cry very easy, I mean very easy I could be thinking about something sad, and tears come out. I get angried just as easy. I feel like Im a ping pong ball.
Is it MS? Or Just Stress from the Dx, Will it go away?
Read more : Emotional Issues, Is it MS caused? | Views : 3604 | Replies : 22 | Forum : General Discussion

BaroFold initiates Phase I multiple sclerosis trial

BaroFold has started a two-stage Phase I, repeat dosing, single-center, double-blinded study in up to sixty healthy volunteers to determine the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of escalating doses of BaroFeron.

In preclinical studies BaroFeron demonstrated enhanced pharmacological properties, both pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, when compared to commercial interferon beta products.

According to the company, BaroFeron has the potential to offer significant benefits to multiple sclerosis patients as these properties have been demonstrated to correlate with ...
Read more : BaroFold initiates Phase I multiple sclerosis trial | Views : 1748 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Combining beta interferon and atorvastatin may increase dise

<shortened url>

Combining beta interferon and atorvastatin may increase disease activity in multiple sclerosis.

From the MS Treatment and Research Center (G.B., I.A.), Minneapolis Clinic of Neurology, MN; Department of Neurology (B.C.), University of California San Francisco; and Department of Neurology (A.T.R.), Pritzker School of Medicine, University of Chicago, IL.

OBJECTIVE: To explore whether high dose atorvastatin can be administered safely to persons with relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis (MS) taking thrice weekly, 44 mcg dose ...
Read more : Combining beta interferon and atorvastatin may increase dise | Views : 1841 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Regimens

Dr Sidney Shapiro

I've been talking to a friend of mine from MN about the HICY treatment which I've been following for the past several months. He had an appointment with his neuro Shapiro yesterday who mentioned something to the point that they used to do to do the same or something similar a few years back, but stopped. I sent my friend the article from the National MS site and now he thinks maybe it was something ...
Read more : Dr Sidney Shapiro | Views : 2645 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Emotional State directly related to Physical Disability

EDSS 1.0 - 3.0
Able to do regular activities normally
- Your in shock that you have been diagnosed with a chronic progressive disease.
-You think your life is over
- So many thoughts go through your mind
- Aside from all the mixed emotions you really have no disability so you just get on
with life
- Get on a drug and hope for the best
-Go online and meet others with ms ...
Read more : Emotional State directly related to Physical Disability | Views : 3220 | Replies : 19 | Forum : General Discussion

Is it ok to do a detox?

I would love to hear from somone who has ms and has done a detox and whether or not it is safe. I was diagnosed about a year ago and would love to do a detox but my docter won't call me back so I have no clue if it's safe or not. I have rrms and am in remission right now. Any advice whatsoever would be incredibly appreciated ...
Read more : Is it ok to do a detox? | Views : 1307 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Abdominal Pain

:cry: Lately I have been having some pain in my lower abdomen area. Not sure if its my appendix or something else. It is kinda on my right side about three inches to the left of my navel and five inches below. I guess it could be a hernia, but it has been ongoing for about two weeks or so. I really only hurts ...
Read more : Abdominal Pain | Views : 3315 | Replies : 27 | Forum : General Discussion

Wednesday

I have my Dr. Apt on Wednesday for my dx. My dr. said she's pretty sure its MS but had some blood test done that she has to look at.

Thanks to all of you for your support! I'll let you know! I'll be around on this site for years to come I guess! :)

David
Read more : Wednesday | Views : 2727 | Replies : 18 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233428 • Total topics 25045 • Total members 16205

Contact us | Terms of Service