It is currently Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:46 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Non-Surgical Options for CCSVI

Hi All,

I'd like to get everyone's input regarding what can be done to help with CCSVI for those of us who can't get the stent placements at the moment.

I've been reading that breathing exercises could be good for vasolidation, as well as b3/niacin, and possibly even LDN. Anyone more knowledgeable please correct me if I'm wrong with any of these and add any more information you have if possible (diet/exercise/etc)

Read more : Non-Surgical Options for CCSVI | Views : 4731 | Replies : 22 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Almost off topic: Radiologist and some thoughts

Hi all.

I feel a little down these days. I have gained some weight, 30 lbs, due to an antidepressant. I am a little confused, too. Not MS confusion, but rhetorical. Here are the facts:

Neurologists disgust me. I can think of no symptom they can really treat. Spasticity? Oscillopsia? Paralysis? Blurred vision?

How about diseases? What can they really cure, or at least help, without ruining the life of the patient?
MS? ALS? Alzheimer's? ...

Response from Neuro

Ok so I decided to email my Neuro information about CCSVI and MS and attach links to the research papers. Of course I let him know that I have already showed several doctors here at Yale who find the research to be interesting.

His response to me was "It all sounds interesting. We will discuss it at your next visit."

At least he didn't shoot it down and seems interested. My next appt. is in ...
Read more : Response from Neuro | Views : 6125 | Replies : 40 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Read more : ....... | Views : 14354 | Replies : 113 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Please help - Some questions regarding daily shots

Hello! I am newly diagnosed and am interested in some opinions. I just started the was day two! (I can't believe it.....after my first shot I just cried and cried.....mostly from pent up anxiety....but I did it! Whew!)

My current plan is to follow the Copaxone instructions and do the shots in each of the seven areas over the course of a week.

My questions:
Do many of you choose not to follow that ...
Read more : Please help - Some questions regarding daily shots | Views : 6480 | Replies : 26 | Forum : Copaxone

Invalid Session 2

Thanks NHE, I still can't reply so I had to start a new post. I guess my opinion will just have to wait :lol:
Read more : Invalid Session 2 | Views : 1658 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Support

New PML risk-evaluation - AAN 2009

After at least one year of therapy the risk of PML was found to be 2.4 in 10,000.]

Read more : New PML risk-evaluation - AAN 2009 | Views : 1926 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Deep tissue leg massage

I have a good friend who is a RMT and she says that deep tissue massage of the legs helps people with MS because it stimulates blood flow to otherwise relatively idle muscles. Her argument is that it might improve things but certainly can't hurt.

Does anyone have any views or experience on the topic?

Read more : Deep tissue leg massage | Views : 1633 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

swelling in foot

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has experienced swelling of one of their feet? I have been taking LDN for 4 yrs., but have been noticing the last few months that my foot is swollen. I went off the LDN for a week & the ankle was fine, then went back on for a day & swollen again. I have tried different fillers (avicel & lactose) & pharmacies. Any insight would be greatly ...
Read more : swelling in foot | Views : 4480 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Login  •  Register

Total posts 242498 • Total topics 26590 • Total members 17763

Contact us | Terms of Service