It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:41 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

More therapies for MS disease

There is a study out looking for people that have MS disease. It is called HALT-MS. It uses cancer drugs and stem cells. It is in three locations in the USA. If you google HALT-MS you should be able to find information about this study.
It is also in Medical News Today under the MS section.
Read more : More therapies for MS disease | Views : 2073 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Cervical spine MRI

This is probably a silly question but is it possible that CCVI shows up on an MRI?
Read more : Cervical spine MRI | Views : 2714 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

ok

I have read a lot from the people in this forum and I appreciate you thinking out side the box. However I do not know of any cardiovascular problem that relapses and remits. Also I can not understand why revimmune, which wipes out the IMMUNE SYSTEM, seems to be a very effective treatment. I understand the excitement in this thread but please guys do not give people false hope. MS is way more similar in ...
Read more : ok | Views : 3412 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

CCVI/ EBV link?

So, I am am firm believer that EBV and/or HHV's role in MS can no longer be dismissed. I also find the CCVI connection to be compelling. Here's my dilemma, after doing a search for both EBV and venous stenosis there was a ton of hits which honestly gave me a headache. I have to wonder if the pattern is that EBV causes CCVI and CCVI leads to MS.
Thinking out loud,
Lars
Read more : CCVI/ EBV link? | Views : 5141 | Replies : 31 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Capillary brain telangiectasia

Does anyone else show a telangiectasia on their brain MRI? This is a brain stem vascular malfunction. My MRI shows that I have the "t" in the pons area of the brain.
Abstract: Repetitive cranial magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) showed lesions typical of multiple sclerosis (MS) with one Gd-enhancing focus in the left parietal cerebrum which correlated to the clinical symptoms of a secondary progressive female MS patient. Since this Gd-enhancing lesion lasted over more ...
Read more : Capillary brain telangiectasia | Views : 3279 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Dr Simka's newest

Dr Simka has a new paper out in Current Neurovascular Issues titled
Blood Brain Barrier Compromise with Endothelial Inflammation may Lead to Autoimmune Loss of Myelin during Multiple Sclerosis(clickable)

Blood Brain Barrier Compromise with Endothelial Inflammation may Lead to Autoimmune Loss of Myelin during Multiple Sclerosis
Marian Simka

Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease characterized by multifocal areas of inflammation and demyelination within the central nervous system. The mechanism that triggers the disease remains elusive. ...
Read more : Dr Simka's newest | Views : 2796 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Muscle Skeletal Influence on the Vascular

So as not to plug up the other areas in discussion I would like any comments here about Muscle Skeletal Influence on the Vascular. Can we use (MSI/V) as the acronym ? In my particular case I feel there may be a strong influence of the MSI/V Life long physical labor and activity has left me with some serious spinal issues, and tightening of the muscles around my neck and spine. Recently I stopped using ...

More EBV stuff

We seem to be getting an MS / EBV research article almost every week. The evidence is certainly stacking up that EBV is invovled. At the end of the month the ACTRIMS conference is focusing on EBV and Vit D.

Here is an abstract of some research looking at the bigger picture relating to the involvement of EBV in MS.

<shortened url>
Read more : More EBV stuff | Views : 1425 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Magnetic Field Therapy

A promising treatment for fatigue...

Effect of BEMER Magnetic Field Therapy on the Level of Fatigue in Patients with Multiple Sclerosis: A Randomized, Double-Blind Controlled Trial.

J Altern Complement Med. 2009 May 7.
Piatkowski J, Kern S, Ziemssen T.
1 Neurological Outpatient Center Reichenbachstrasse , Dresden, Germany .

Objectives:
Electromagnetic field therapy has been reported to be beneficial in patients with multiple sclerosis (MS) with significant fatigue. This study was designed to evaluate the long-term ...
Read more : Magnetic Field Therapy | Views : 1381 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Read more : 123 | Views : 2405 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 241218 • Total topics 26395 • Total members 17569

Contact us | Terms of Service