It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:16 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Neural stem cells help brain self-repair

This is encouraging.

Neural stem cells lend the brain a surprising capacity for self-repair

The brain contains stem cells with a surprising capacity for repair, researchers report in recent issue of the journal Cell. The novel insight into the brain’s natural ability to heal might ultimately have clinical implications for the treatment of brain damage, according to the researchers.

The researchers found that mice whose brains were severely damaged by loss of the genes “Numb” ...
Read more : Neural stem cells help brain self-repair | Views : 1266 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Genetically modified hens

I think I've heard everything now..

Altered Hens Lay Eggs With Immune-Boosting Proteins (Update1)

By Demian McLean

Jan. 15 (Bloomberg) -- Genetically modified hens can make eggs containing a protein that's key to human immune systems, raising the possibility of lower-cost drugs to treat multiple sclerosis and cancer, according to a study in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

While biologists have used egg whites for at least three decades to create vaccines, ...
Read more : Genetically modified hens | Views : 899 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Hidden

Ok...I always wonder who that hidden person is that is reading the pots. I always check to see if broms is online when I first come on so that I know if there will at least be one positive post to read. Dwon at the bottom, were it shows you who is online, there is usually a hidden person. It's kind of creepy 8O . Who is ...
Read more : Hidden | Views : 2078 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Site Support

3 day starter

Just saying hi as i've just joined :D

I started LDN three days ago and will keep a journal on here of my experience.

I have to say, I've been thoroughly over excited at the prospect of finally staring the LDN but having read a lot of the stuff on here i'm starting to feel quite dispondent! lol :roll: ...
Read more : 3 day starter | Views : 3149 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

BBIC

There was menion of BBIC, I think on this site, about a month ago. Here is a relevant article:
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medical ... &nfid=crss

My query is whether there is some soy-based product we can take in the short-term that might provide the necessary BBIC? Anyone know?

Phil.
Read more : BBIC | Views : 857 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Introduction

Hi All,
I've been lurking since December but had to post to "Humor" today. So this is my second post. I've been voting on the surveys and reading the various forum topics and news.

I'm glad I've found you all!

:lol:

About me... diagnosed in 2000, on Copax ever since with much success. I have two awesome boys--one teen and one tween. I live each day appreciating ...
Read more : Introduction | Views : 1258 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

joint pain and MS

i recently developed joint pain (ankles, wrists, fingers, toes). it is affecting my mobility and functioning. my doctor said that joint pain goes along with MS, but i have never read anything about it being a common symptom of MS. i'm curious if anyone else has experienced this? i was told it is nerve pain caused by the ms. i'm taking anti-inflamatories which are not helping at all, and recently began taking meds for nerve ...
Read more : joint pain and MS | Views : 1450 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

back after a long absence

i'm not new, i was just "dormant" for a while and decided to return. 43 y/o female diagnosed in 11/04. it has been a very difficult struggle. i'm hoping to find knowledge, support, and understanding friends here.
Read more : back after a long absence | Views : 1400 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Just a Hello from another senior

I already posted in the Introductions thread, and now here I am again, introducing myself in the Golden Years thread.

I'm 66, a woman who's had MS since about 1978 or maybe longer (diagnosed in 1980). I've taken part in a couple of MS message boards since 2001.

I've lived in the same HUD-subsidized apartment in WA state since 1983, though I'm from Chicago originally.

I use a wheelchair most of the time. I don't ...
Read more : Just a Hello from another senior | Views : 4556 | Replies : 11 | Forum : MS in the Golden Years

Scepticemia

Hi all,i had another UTI over the new year holiday period,thats's three in six months.Trouble is i left it too long,well for two days and the infection got into my blood causing Septicemia.I spent a week in hospital,"very poorly"so the doc said.I didn't realise the mortality rate in Septicemia is one in five.My MS Nurse is blaming the Tolterodine for urine retention causing the infections so i'm keeping some anti-biotics close at hand from now ...
Read more : Scepticemia | Views : 1536 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221713 • Total topics 23018 • Total members 14544

Contact us | Terms of Service