It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:32 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Campath - Day 4

Today started off with an 80mg push of steroids and then on to the 4 hour campath drip. Everything seems to be going great so far. Tomorrow is the last of the infusions for the first round.
Read more : Campath - Day 4 | Views : 1599 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

accupuncture for ms fatigue....

hi,im new to this forum.

I have been battleing fatigue for 3 years,and my neuro denied me provigil.
So I was forced to take my own action agianst the fatigue.
Ive been doing B-12 shots for 2 years,once a month.
but just today,I asked if there was anything else my homeopatic dr could do to help with the overwhelming fatigue,and there is.
She did a 15 minute session of accupuncture.
I do see a huge ...
Read more : accupuncture for ms fatigue.... | Views : 1369 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

got a call from JH today

Hey all

I got a call from JH today from Mary. She said she had to call me back tommorow but set a tenative date into januray. holy smokes!

Anyway, I was reading. One of the risks is congestive heart failure. This can happen weeks after the chemo. I was wondering for those of you who went through this before what tests do they run to hopefully prevent this from happening?
Read more : got a call from JH today | Views : 1261 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Bye for now, guys.

Hey Guys,

Just a quick note to let you know that I won't be posting in these forums (or any others related to MS, or to any other online discussion topic) anymore. Unfortunately, my online activity is being monitored without my consent and, while I have nothing to hide, I do wish to send a message to the individual(s) responsible that I am not pleased with said monitoring.

Certainly I won't knowingly provide any further ...
Read more : Bye for now, guys. | Views : 2307 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Under active immune system vs. over active immune system

Why do y'all think about the theory that it's an weak immune system going wacky that is the culprit in this and other auto immune disease?
Read more : Under active immune system vs. over active immune system | Views : 2501 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

New locations for revimmune

I remember reading awhile back Chris mentioning that this treatment might be offered at other locations. I know Chicago they are doing a study. But what about the west coast? I would think somewhere in California they would be doing this.

Is there any way to find out if future locations will be offering this?
Read more : New locations for revimmune | Views : 1962 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Crazy thoughts on non-injectibles / drug delivery

Its been a bit of a "holly grail" to attain an oral treatment for MS, since all our current treatments involve an injection.

My understanding of the issue a number of drugs have with oral delivery is that the stomach is a highly acidic place that destroys the actual medication in many cases.

Ok, so the plan is to move away from injections, and oral delivery is not really an options (in most cases), I ...
Read more : Crazy thoughts on non-injectibles / drug delivery | Views : 2101 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Exercise slows Alz brain atrophy

Exercise May Slow Alzheimer Brain Atrophy

KANSAS CITY, Kan., July 15 -- Staying fit may help keep Alzheimer's disease at bay, researchers here said.

Individuals with early-stage Alzheimer's disease and relatively high peak oxygen consumption during a treadmill test showed less brain atrophy than other early Alzheimer's disease patients who were less fit, reported Jeffrey M. Burns, M.D., of the University of Kansas, and colleagues in the July 15 issue of Neurology.

"To our knowledge ...
Read more : Exercise slows Alz brain atrophy | Views : 1376 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Dew Point Temperature/Humidity and Spasticity

Hello all.

I thought that I would share this with you all.

I have had MS for six years now. Intrigued with how I was affected by temperature I began to record my well-being and the temperature daily. It didn't seem to correlate. Remembering how, back in 2004, I worked in an office with really extreme air conditioning and found that my symptoms eased considerably, I bought a hygrometer and found that the relative humidity ...
Read more : Dew Point Temperature/Humidity and Spasticity | Views : 10090 | Replies : 47 | Forum : General Discussion

Campath - Day 3

Today was pretty much a repeat of yesterday so nothing new to report. The infusions are going much better that I anticipated. The only complaint is a faint headache today but the Tylenol seems to be keeping it at bay.
Read more : Campath - Day 3 | Views : 1857 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 234245 • Total topics 25182 • Total members 16399

Contact us | Terms of Service