It is currently Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:59 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

fed up

okay any of you caregivers out there get really fed up with a sad sack of a sick person? if so how do you deal? because i fail to handle an ongoing whiny irritable fatalistic attitude - clearly, so not my style. any tips appreciated. it's not like it's a few days, i have reached the end of my tether after months and months and it's getting worse not better. doctor says all we can ...
Read more : fed up | Views : 3911 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Daily Life

Useful website: Quackwatch

I just wanted to make sure psople were aware of this extremely useful site

http://www.quackwatch.org/index.html

I would highly recommend using it as a "filter" to protect yourself from being scammed.

Take care.
Read more : Useful website: Quackwatch | Views : 1813 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Natural Approach

Rehab

No, not that kind of rehab...

Effectiveness of Rehabilitation Intervention in persons with Multiple sclerosis: A Randomized Controlled Trial.

J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2008 Jun 5.
Khan F, Pallant JF, Brand C, Kilpatrick TJ.
Deaprtment of rehabilitation Medicine, University of Melbourne, Australia.

OBJECTIVE: A stratified, randomized, waitlist controlled study over 12 months assessed the effectiveness of rehabilitation in persons with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) in an Australian community cohort.

METHODS: Patients with definite MS (n=101) recruited ...
Read more : Rehab | Views : 1203 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Esperanza Peptide anybody

Hi, I am just wondering of anybody is using or has considered using Esperanza Petide. They claim all sorts of benefits ofcourse but is it worth its money ? :wink:
Read more : Esperanza Peptide anybody | Views : 2546 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Natural Approach

Tovaxin results

I hope this hasn't already been posted!

Favourable Two-Year Data in Phase I/II Retreatment Studies of Tovaxin® for Multiple Sclerosis 12 June 2008

Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. announced favourable safety and efficacy data for Tovaxin®, the Company’s investigational T-cell vaccination therapy for multiple sclerosis (MS), in the second year of open-label clinical retreatment studies in patients with MS.
The “intent to treat” population of 22 patients included 13 with relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) and ...
Read more : Tovaxin results | Views : 1888 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Three month update!

Well as it was our three month check up yesterday, so I decided to post a blog about our progress. Kristin and I haven’t had much of a chance to really talk lately, so most of it will be from my experience.

My body is slowly healing. As far as how I actually feel in general. I feel better.
I used to only have 1-3 good days a week. The rest of the time I ...
Read more : Three month update! | Views : 2542 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

pain and bruises...now?

I posted for the first time yesterday under introductions. I was told that this is where I could find out information on Avonex. I was dx almost a year ago officially and have been on Avonex from the start. I don't have to much trouble self injecting although it gets tiresome even though I get help from my husband if I really need it. I inject in four places on the tops and sides of ...
Read more : pain and bruises...now? | Views : 2733 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Avonex

Creatine

Looking into supplementation of creatine for mitochondrial energy enhancement and fatigue relief. Anyone using creatine monohydrate supplements?

http://www.scq.ubc.ca/creatine-from-muscle-to-brain/

While the role of creatine in preventing muscle (peripheral) fatigue for high performance athletes is well understood, its biochemical role in prevention of mental (central) fatigue is not. Creatine is abundant in muscles and the brain and after phosphorylation used as an energy source for adenosine triphosphate synthesis. Using double-blind placebo-controlled ...
Read more : Creatine | Views : 6600 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Natural Approach

Results from JH - Revimmune

From John Hopkins June 11, 2008 -9 patients on Revimmune

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/110709.php

I believe that Chris (Chrishasms) has mentioned most of what is in the article, but now it is in writing from JH

Sharon
Read more : Results from JH - Revimmune | Views : 1751 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Catscan

Read more : Catscan | Views : 1896 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Humor

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233418 • Total topics 25044 • Total members 16204

Contact us | Terms of Service