It is currently Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:59 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

To Copaxone or not to Copaxone

Hi All,

My 33 year old wife is facing a decision on Copaxone and I'd be interested in people's feedback. :)

Bit of background - she had her first Optic Neuritis 11 years ago and subsequently has had one more Optic Neuritis 4 years ago and a Sensory relapse this year - so 3 relapses in 11 years. In all cases she has recovered 99%.

After the ...
Read more : To Copaxone or not to Copaxone | Views : 2560 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Dilbert Quotes

A magazine ran a Dilbert quotes contest. These are actual quotes from managers out there...

• As of tomorrow, employees will only be able to access the building using individual security cards. Pictures will be taken next Wednesday and employees will receive their cards in two weeks. (This was the winning quote from Charles Hurst at Sun Microsystems)
  • What I need is a list of specific unknown problems we will encounter.
  • How ...
Read more : Dilbert Quotes | Views : 1758 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Humor

PPMS - does it always mean the patient will end up bedbound?

The more I read about PPMS - and of course seeing the worst examples on the internet -- the more scared I become.

My H was dx in 2000 after having sx since 1994 -- he has PPMS but can still walk with two canes, drives and goes to work -- needs no assistance from me with personal activities of daily living.

Are we looknig at a future ( our supposedly great retirement) with hoyer ...
Read more : PPMS - does it always mean the patient will end up bedbound? | Views : 2816 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Risks of Novantrone

My boyfriend Scott's neurologist recommends that he go on Novantrone. He has been on Betaseron in the past but had bad injection site reactions. Would he be better off on Novantrone? I hear it's pretty risky.
Read more : Risks of Novantrone | Views : 4071 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Novantrone

Hookworm to fight allergies

This might be intersting to some, who are watching helminth immun-modulation for MS:

http://www.medgadget.com/archives/2008/ ... tment.html

--Frank
Read more : Hookworm to fight allergies | Views : 1452 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Adult stem cells reprogrammed in the brain

Adult stem cells reprogrammed in the brain, hopes for diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis
01 July 2008

In recent years, stem cell researchers have become very adept at manipulating the fate of adult stem cells cultured in the lab. Now, researchers at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies achieved the same feat with adult neural stem cells still in place in the brain.

They successfully coaxed mouse brain stem cells bound to join the neuronal ...
Read more : Adult stem cells reprogrammed in the brain | Views : 1565 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

hay fever and relapse?!

Hi @all,

maybe someone has an idea or a similar experience...

Have you ever experienced any connection between allergy (as e.g. hay fever) and relapses?

The phenomenon: my younger sister (dx with MS Nov 2006) has severe hay fever, she always needs antihistamine etc. in spring and summer. Now she has a relapse ( :( ) with changes in sensation in her leg but the strange thing: ...
Read more : hay fever and relapse?! | Views : 2926 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

diet for SPMS?

Hey gang. Anyone with SPMS or PPMS had any luck with dietary regimens? About a month back, I started following the Best Bet Diet pretty rigorously. And though I've lost some weight, I haven't noticed anything tremendous in my lousy legs, bladder, or other affected body parts (I'm a 33 year old male with SPMS, originally diagnosed in 2000). I realize a month may not be long enough, but with all the other things this ...
Read more : diet for SPMS? | Views : 2815 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Diet

Ofatumumab

Read more : Ofatumumab | Views : 1609 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Support Group?

I want to start by thanking everyone o this site, there is a wealth of information shared, as well as just a good attitude.

I work for the Advocate health System, and am involved in opening an offsite Imediate Med Care place quite close to where I live.
The building has a community room which no one seems to have a use for as yet.

My thought was to start an MS support group for ...
Read more : Support Group? | Views : 1703 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233928 • Total topics 25125 • Total members 16304

Contact us | Terms of Service