It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:24 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

My experience with Avonex

I was one of the first patients to try Avonex after a single episode. I took part in the CHAMPS trial roughly nine years ago and I was on Avonex until July of this year.

There were definite benefits to taking the shot once a week. I mastered doing it right in my thigh, alternating thighs from one week to the other. I hated the side effects. I still remember feeling like crap for two ...
Read more : My experience with Avonex | Views : 7002 | Replies : 18 | Forum : Avonex

Posting Pictures

This is the most beautiful MS forum around, so there are lots of questions about posting pictures :)

Let me try to address some of them with this post. Please feel free to ask follow-up questions if I've not captured what you need help with.

To post a picture, it needs to be hosted somewhere on the web (we don't host pictures ourselves because we've had security ...
Read more : Posting Pictures | Views : 4943 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Introductions

Question about treatment options for CIDS

I'm not sure if anyone will be able to help me out with this or not, but I'm looking into which of the MS drugs you can take if you have not had a confirmed diagnosis (CDMS) of MS? I know someone can be labeled as CIDS which means they have had 1 symptom and a MRI, but they are not yet labeled CDMS.

I know you can take Avonex if you are CIDS, but ...
Read more : Question about treatment options for CIDS | Views : 2704 | Replies : 19 | Forum : General Discussion

Thoughts....

You know, after reading Loobies post, it really scares the crap out of me. I live every day in denial, resisting the fact that I may progress. I think to my self.... I haven't had any problems or symptoms of MS since June '05 when I had my first and only symptom (CIS). Maybe it was something else?? Maybe I don't have MS? Maybe I will be OK? More and more I read of those ...
Read more : Thoughts.... | Views : 2718 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

Snail venom and nerve pain

Venom in Snail May Cut Severe Nerve Pain
The RgIA and Vc1.1 venom toxins block a certain molecule in the cells which causes severe neuropathic pain
By: Alexandra Lupu, Health News Editor

A recent study carried out by a team of researchers at the University of Utah found that severe pain caused by injury to the nervous system may be considerably curbed by a toxin in the venom of a sea dwelling cone snail. The ...
Read more : Snail venom and nerve pain | Views : 1075 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Stem cells help dogs with dystrophy

This article should interest us all even if it isn't about MS. The potential for adult stem cells to treat all sorts of neurological diseases might be a lot more significant than we first thought.

beyondms

Stem cells help dogs with dystrophy By MALCOLM RITTER, AP Science

In promising new research, stem cells worked remarkably well at easing symptoms of muscular dystrophy in dogs, an experiment that experts call a significant step toward treating ...
Read more : Stem cells help dogs with dystrophy | Views : 816 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Is it really MS?

I am so confused, I don't know if I have MS or not. It seems like every docotor I see tells me something different. Help! :x
Read more : Is it really MS? | Views : 2344 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Introductions

Electric Leg Lady Here

8O Hello New Friends.... Just happened to mention to my primary care doctor in July that I was having tingling in my foot & calf everyday for atleast two months. I had recently lost 20 lbs on a diet under the care of a nutritionist...This was specifically to lower my cholesterol (and I did)~Well I was examined & sent to a neurologist who after his evil exam ...
Read more : Electric Leg Lady Here | Views : 3850 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Introductions

Hoping to try aimspro

Im just wondering how many people out there (well on this board at least lol) have tried aimspro and what their experiences were.

Im trying not to get caught up with the miracle stories floating about but Ive come to a point where I feel that I have little choice other than to at least try aimspro.

Ive been on avonex (that was when my condition deteriorated substantially), Ive tried diet (didnt do a lot), ...
Read more : Hoping to try aimspro | Views : 4636 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Aimspro

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220315 • Total topics 22802 • Total members 14389

Contact us | Terms of Service