It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:54 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Tovaxin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs

Hi to All,

This something everyone in the Tovaxin study should be aware of.

Best regards, Tim

Reported November 30, 2006
Vaccines & Painkillers Don't Mix
(Ivanhoe Newswire) -- The first thing many people do after getting a vaccination is reach for a painkiller to ward off common reactions like fever or pain at the site of the injection.
That's the wrong thing to do, according to University of Rochester researchers who studied the effects ...
Read more : Tovaxin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs | Views : 1865 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Bromley is back

Ian

I see that you are online. Tell us everything about your experience in the trial.

gwa :D
Read more : Bromley is back | Views : 2326 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Discussion

diet for robbie

robbie,

Here are a couple of articles I am posting in response to your question about diet and MS. I have known for years that John Hopkins uses a high fat diet to stop seizures in children. Something is going on in the brains to rewire these kids so that the seizures stop.

It has been awhile since I read about this treatment, but I do remember that after a year or so of the ...
Read more : diet for robbie | Views : 883 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Interesting MH treatment

I work for the SC Dept. of Mental Health. Found this article regarding the "brain" very interesting. I do recall--years ago--a woman MS was struck by lightening. She never had any MS problems again. What they DON'T know about the brain......
---------------------------

Newsweek, 12/11/06 Edition
Magnets: A New Depression Treatment?
An experimental treatment offers promise for some patients whose depression resists standard medications and shock therapy.
By Michael Craig Miller, M.D., Newsweek

Dec. 11, 2006 ...
Read more : Interesting MH treatment | Views : 746 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Newly diagnosed

Hi everyone,

my name is Dani and I am 37 years old. I have been having strange symptoms for around 10 years but more sever for last 2 1/2 years. I was diagnosed with MS last week. I am still a little numb from the news. I have two young girls and a loving husband that I want to take care of and haven't been able to as I would like.

I am glad to ...
Read more : Newly diagnosed | Views : 2303 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Introductions

Connectivity Map

This looks like an interesting effort to measure the effect of drugs on genes and tie the results to what is known about the genetics of diseases.

The Connectivity Map: using gene-expression signatures to connect small molecules, genes, and disease.

Science. 2006 Sep 29;313(5795):1929-35.
Lamb J, Crawford ED, Peck D, Modell JW, Blat IC, Wrobel MJ, Lerner J, Brunet JP, Subramanian A, Ross KN, Reich M, Hieronymus H, Wei G, Armstrong SA, Haggarty SJ, Clemons ...
Read more : Connectivity Map | Views : 911 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

New discovery about autoimmune relapses

Interesting discovery about the role of osteopontin in relapses.

Molecule linked to autoimmune disease relapses identified at Stanford

Dec 3/06 -- STANFORD, Calif. -- The ebb and flow of such autoimmune diseases as multiple sclerosis, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis has long been a perplexing mystery. But new findings from the Stanford University School of Medicine bring scientists closer to solving the puzzle, identifying a molecule that appears to play a central role in relapses.

The ...
Read more : New discovery about autoimmune relapses | Views : 1233 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220773 • Total topics 22874 • Total members 14445

Contact us | Terms of Service