It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:41 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Lipopolysaccharide / LPS Demyelination / Apoptosis

There is some on TIMS about LPS, but it doesn't have it's own thread. When I read these two articles I wondered, "Has any one else at TIMS read these?"

Dr. Felts et al. 2005 Inflammation and primary demyelination induced by the intraspinal injection of lipopolysaccharide

Dr. Bannerman et al. 2003 Mechanisms of bacterial lipopolysaccharide-induced endothelial apoptosis

1) What do you think?
2) Do you know of other related research on this? Other articles?
3) ...
Read more : Lipopolysaccharide / LPS Demyelination / Apoptosis | Views : 1911 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

New but trying to adjust...

Hi I am a new patient dx...As of Feburary 3rd. I start my tx about a month ago...I am doing better with it than I thought I would the thought of giving my self a shot everyday was horrible to me. I have over came that fear and now I am just trying to live my life as normal as I can, which is easier said than done. I am tired all of the time, ...
Read more : New but trying to adjust... | Views : 1165 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Walkaide users

How many of us are there?
Read more : Walkaide users | Views : 6717 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Medical Devices

Sore Nose

Hello,

This is my second time on Rebif and each time I get a very sore nose. I know this sounds silly, but I dont know what it is. It hurts to even touch the tip of my nose.

Has this happened to anyone before? If so, what is it? What can I do?

Thanks,
Samantha
Read more : Sore Nose | Views : 2501 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Rebif

G-20 summit

I'm not sure if I heard this correctly as I only had the television on as background noise while I was playing a computer game. But, I thought I heard a news anchor mention how the Obmas were not invited to the big dinner. They were to attend a "working dinner". I guess to multi-task. Michelle Obama was to sit next to the author of "Harry Potter". I can only imagine what that conversation would ...
Read more : G-20 summit | Views : 1331 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Theory involving Nitric oxide

I have been thinking about the relationship between Nitric Oxide and its role in MS.

I have seen various studies that suggest that NO blocks the nerve signals and is inflammatory but is reversible.

L'arginine is involved in the formation of Nitric Oxide. I don't know whether the NO is formed because there is too much L'arginine or what the process is.
I do know however that Lysine is antagonistic to L'arginine so maybe by ...
Read more : Theory involving Nitric oxide | Views : 2324 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

stimulants

does anyone take one of these for energy?
Adderall, Dexedrine, Ritalin.
Read more : stimulants | Views : 1493 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Uncertain - Please Help?

Hi, folks.
I haven't been officially diagnosed with MS, but under the circumstances, I am starting to believe that I have it. I've been going to a neurologist for 5 months and he hasn't been able to figure out what is wrong.

I've been doing a lot of reading and from the looks of it, some people with MS can go undiagnosed, or misdiagnosed for a while. I guess I just want someone else's opinion. ...
Read more : Uncertain - Please Help? | Views : 4114 | Replies : 29 | Forum : Introductions

Sea-sickness/Motion sickness and MS

Does anyone have any problems with sea-sickness and their MS? I have never really had a problem with that, but I know that I do get car-sick if I am in the back seat or trying to read. I also have balance problems and slight issues with vertigo (both symptoms of my MS). It has been quite some time since I have been out on a boat in the middle of the ocean. The last ...
Read more : Sea-sickness/Motion sickness and MS | Views : 4117 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Avonex

4-ap doc referral

this is my first try at a forum for info. Here I am in cowboy town, calgary, alberta , canada and can't find a cowboy doctor to prescribe 4-ap. I'm ppms and just havin a heck of a time getting my legs workin. Can anyone suggest a doctor I could contact with the intent of gettin a rx for 4-ap. it would have to be a telephone consult unless the doc lives in alberta.

:) ...
Read more : 4-ap doc referral | Views : 1862 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240221 • Total topics 26247 • Total members 17487

Contact us | Terms of Service