It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:39 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Bizarre Occurrences

Hello,

I was recently diagnosed with MS during the month of July but believe I have had the disease for 10 years. The first occurrence happened in October of 1998. One morning I awoke with a completely numb right hand. Then, the numbness had spread up my arm down to my waist and then right leg. I lost total mobility and control of my right arm to the point where I was unable to do ...
Read more : Bizarre Occurrences | Views : 1641 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Dramtic decrease in EDSS with Liver Transplant ? Why ?

Was reading a couple of articles ( see below ) and I just cant get my head around these things

Just wondering if anybody else has an opinion on why a liver transplant can result in Huge decrease in EDSS and solid disease stablization ?

The articles don't really even speculate why ?

see these two articles

Abstract:

The Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences
Issue: Volume 31, Number 4 / November 2004
Pages: 539 - ...
Read more : Dramtic decrease in EDSS with Liver Transplant ? Why ? | Views : 7987 | Replies : 60 | Forum : General Discussion

Amantadine

I got a script for amantadine for fatigue and started taking 100mg in the morning and at night. I haven't noticed any changes yet. Has anyone else taken this and does it work?

Marcia
Read more : Amantadine | Views : 3405 | Replies : 18 | Forum : General Discussion

hello

I was just diagnosed in July 2008. In hindsight my first obvious episode was 1986. A neck injury in 1991 and related surgery in 2001 became the catch-all excuse for my quirky symptoms. Well, docs also accused me of being an alcoholic – in denial, or trying to scam workers comp, or having body issue problems (like what 20th century woman raised in the US doesn’t?). Until I woke up one morning and couldn’t see ...
Read more : hello | Views : 1568 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Introductions

World Congress on Treatment and Research in MS-Abstracts

Hi all

The abstracts for the World Congress on Treatment and Research in MS starting Sept. 17th in Montreal are available for reading (they're under embargo until presented.)

Here's the link to the program and at the very top you'll see a link to the "itinerary planner", that will take you to the abstracts (browse).

Quick glance suggests there's going to be lots of presentations and poster sessions on numerous topics.

Sharon
Read more : World Congress on Treatment and Research in MS-Abstracts | Views : 1328 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Zanaflex Your experiences with this medication

Hello Everyone,

I'm not on anything for my MS except the Copaxone which I really want to stop soon. I stopped all the stuff they gave me to go along with the MS issues ( Provigil, Baclofen, Neurontin...) I just hated them.

My new doc wanted me to try a small dose at night of Zanaflex. He gave me the Rx for it, I have yet to fill it because I really wanted to get ...
Read more : Zanaflex Your experiences with this medication | Views : 1562 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Lingo

HarryZ will like this story - it shows what nice folks Biogen are.

Biogen Idec testing regenerative medicine drug to reverse the path of Multiple Sclerosis 27 August 2008

Biogen Idec has made a lot of its money on Avonex and Tysabri, drugs that slow down the rate of flare-ups for people with multiple sclerosis. Now the Cambridge, MA-based biotech company is pursuing a loftier goal. It is working on the first experimental drug ...
Read more : Lingo | Views : 2307 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Just switched to Rebif

Hello, I was dx in Feb this year. I went to sleep one night fine and when I woke up in the morning for work I got out of the shower and was sweating profusely and was extremely dizzy. I couldn't move and was out of work for about 4 weeks during which time I went to a doctor who dx me with vertigo, from there I went to an ENT (ear/nose/throat) who sent me ...
Read more : Just switched to Rebif | Views : 2382 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Rebif

new here

Just saying hey. I'll post my story in another forum
Read more : new here | Views : 1326 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235113 • Total topics 25366 • Total members 16576

Contact us | Terms of Service