It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:34 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Chillow-pillow

I never leave home without my chillow,as my temperature
fluctuates a lot at night.
http://www.chillow.com/chillow.html
Read more : Chillow-pillow | Views : 2523 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Shopping

Bad Case

Hi everybody, my mom was diagnosed about two months ago and since then has not started any medication. Her insurance company has only approved the Avonex, which her doctor will not approve because of the side effects and her small stature. The problem is that since she isn't on any thing to stop the progression it is just getting worse and the insurance company will not budge. Do you have any ideas to help us ...
Read more : Bad Case | Views : 1611 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Teaching immune cells

This looks like some interesting new research...

Implant raises cellular army to attack cancer

Implants that sit in the body and reprogram a person's immune cells could be used to treat a range of infectious diseases and even cancer. In a trial on mice with an aggressive melanoma that usually kills within 25 days, the new treatment saved 90% of the group.

Because cancer cells originate within the body, the immune system usually leaves them ...
Read more : Teaching immune cells | Views : 1580 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Job for MSer

Does anyone have a lead for a job for someone to work from home.

Person 1) w/MS, 2)Masters degree, 3)past work IT, hotel and rest. mgmt in past. Currently in southern California!!

I know economy is bad now. Does'nt hurt to ask. :roll:
Read more : Job for MSer | Views : 1288 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Introductions

Job for MSer

Person 1) w/MS, 2)Masters degree, 3)past work IT, hotel and rest. mgmt in past. Currently in southern California!!

Read more : Job for MSer | Views : 1357 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Jobs??

Read more : Jobs?? | Views : 2107 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

annoying!

I was on the study for FTY720 for two years. The whole time, my lymphocytes were low.. I knew since I got a copy of my blood work in 2007 and 2008.
Now, I am in the extension phase and my neuro gets these SAME results, not lower, and they tell me that if they do not increase (my lymphocytes that is ) they will D/C THE DRUG....!!! I have been like this for two ...
Read more : annoying! | Views : 3279 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Genetic variant in women...

...associated with late Alzheimer's prevalence in women.
Not MS, however something of this nature may eventually explain female prevalence. Since women have two x chromosomes, men one...and this genetic variant is only found on the x chromosome.

The Mayo team carried out a detailed genetic analysis of patients with Alzheimer's disease.
They identified a particular variant of a gene called PCDH11X which appeared to be closely linked to a higher risk of the disease.
However, ...
Read more : Genetic variant in women... | Views : 1391 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

To a new year...how is everyone?

Happy New Year everyone... i think!

It's been awfully quiet here lately...so just checking in to see how everyone is doing...

I finished a 6 day course of IVSM (3 days @ 500mg, 3 @ 1000mg)....that was right before Christmas. Been recovering well enough....still some issues, but nowhere near as I was before HiCy.

I did end up canceling my travel plans as I just felt a little too weak and had just finished the ...
Read more : To a new year...how is everyone? | Views : 2469 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

The real deal MS diagnosis facts

This article is rather interesting, disturbing and encouraging.

So much pain and anxiety could be spared if more doctors were direct. It's worth the money, energy and time to seek out MS expert, not a neurologist who may claim to be an expert, as there is a distinction.

<shortened url>
Read more : The real deal MS diagnosis facts | Views : 1741 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 238586 • Total topics 25986 • Total members 17251

Contact us | Terms of Service