It is currently Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:33 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Is there a central place for each user's ms history?

Hi there,

I haven't been on the site for a while but am back researching Tysabri and after reading some of the forums, I felt it would be helpful to me to be able to look up each user's ms history. As we all know, ms varies dramatically from person to person, so every comment is relative to the individual's current level of ability. Rather than ask each person to repeat their ms particulars every ...
Read more : Is there a central place for each user's ms history? | Views : 3033 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Suggestions

Attn: HiCy patients - want a blog?

Hi everyone, Chenell here again. Maybe I need to break down and get my own account already. ;)

If you are going through the HiCy treatment, please contact me if you want to document your experiences on the internet. I am setting up free blogs as subdomains on Chris' site for HiCyers.

Such as Jamie and Mel @ http://rebootmel.chrishadms.com.

Please email ...
Read more : Attn: HiCy patients - want a blog? | Views : 2632 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Question about PPMS...

For those of you that have PPMS, can I ask how it started? I'm still in the pre-diagnosis phase and i'm scared it might be the progressive kind. I know it's a little bit less likely because i'm 22, female, and it started with my eyes, but my eyes haven't resolved yet and as i mentioned before really the only other symptom would be getting achey/weak legs (only) around that time of the month (that ...
Read more : Question about PPMS... | Views : 1760 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

the Hughes Syndrome

Has anyone heard of the Hughes Syndrome that supposedly mimics MS symptoms??
Read more : the Hughes Syndrome | Views : 1534 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

MS research teleconference with Dr O'Connor

I'm too busy to listen to this. Could someone with time on their hands (Lyon, Harry Z etc) listen and report back if anything useful is covered.

Thanks

Ian

http://www.mssociety.ca/en/research/default.htm
Read more : MS research teleconference with Dr O'Connor | Views : 1407 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

men v women

I'm considering a sex change!

Multiple Sclerosis affects men and women differently 07 May 2008

A new study done in Buffalo is revealing the differences in the way Multiple Sclerosis affects men and women.

The Buffalo Neuroimaging Analysis Center is part of the Jacobs Neurological Institute. Located at Buffalo General Hospital, the center has become an international leader in computerized analysis of brain scans.

Most recently, in a study of more than eight hundred ...
Read more : men v women | Views : 2211 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Just when I was doing so well...

Ugh. So I started to clean my house today, throwing stuff out, organizing... I knew I felt fatigued after I was done the work, so I decided to stay cool and just relax for the rest of the day. I noticed the burning mouth thing was worse, that the pain in my neck was worse, etc.

Come tonight when I can honestly say, it feels like I'm relapsing. I spoke to my realtor by phone ...
Read more : Just when I was doing so well... | Views : 1785 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Nortriptyline

Alright, my doc gave me this anti depressant to help me sleep cause im like hardcore having issues with it

but i am also on been put on naproxen for pain as needed

Now I just wanna know if anyone has been on it and what to except from it all.
Read more : Nortriptyline | Views : 1784 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Bone marrow transplant

Dr. Freedman in Ottawa, continues to monitor his MS bone marrow transplant patients. He is getting some interesting results. Here is the link to the article.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24487712/

Harry
Read more : Bone marrow transplant | Views : 2061 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Getting vitamins in order - where to start?

Hi
for a long time I've taken alpha-lipoic acid, high dose b vitamins, high dose niacin about once a week to produce flushing, high dose vitamin c, evening primrose oil, fish oils, and vitamin d (only 400 iu). Also take magnesium but have run out recently.

I want to "get my house in order" about the vitamins. Should I be taking calcium with the vitamin d? Should I be taking iron? I seem to recall ...
Read more : Getting vitamins in order - where to start? | Views : 1408 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Natural Approach

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232918 • Total topics 24941 • Total members 16079

Contact us | Terms of Service