It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:06 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Everyone should read this link...

In case you haven't seen this link that Robbie posted. Everyone should. Its a great read, and very important for people to read. Spread it around.

http://www.newstarget.com/020345.html
Read more : Everyone should read this link... | Views : 7131 | Replies : 70 | Forum : General Discussion

Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul

Everyone breathing in the UK in last 20 years is aware of Douglas Adams's work most notably of course The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - and most of us just love it! So I just cant quite understand why I never read this book before? Anyway that means I came to this novel with high expectations. It was to be witty, funny and intelligent and have a geat use of English. The characters were ...
Read more : Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul | Views : 3975 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Reading Nook

THREE New Data Releases Re: Tysabri...Stunning! :)

1) TYSABRI® Demonstrates Improvement in Cognitive Function :D
2) TYSABRI® Demonstrate Significant Reduction in Steroid Use and Hospitalizations :D
3) TYSABRI® Has Sustained Effect on Relapse Rate for up to Three Years :D

And an "older" data release re: TYSABRI® Demonstrate Significant Effects on Health-Related Quality of Life ...

How deep for autoject?

Hi
been on Copaxone 2.5 years, but still bruising a lot and now have extensive lipoatrophy. Not a pretty sight 8O
Copaxone nurse visited recently and was shocked at my legs.
She said I needed to increase needle depth.
I put it up to 7 for my leg, but I hit muscle, got a severe cramp that lasted half an hour, hopping around groaning.
6 seems to ...
Read more : How deep for autoject? | Views : 3598 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Copaxone

Hi * !

After browsing for almost a year now, I thought it was time to join.

I'm a male 36 from The Netherlands...

First I want to thank all involved in ThisIsMS. This site stands out with head and shoulders above the rest. It's really informative and a decent MS-library.

I've been diagnosed with RRMS after a Nuritis Optica. That's now 4 years ago. I had some symptoms before but never realized it was MS. I'm pretty ...
Read more : Hi * ! | Views : 1816 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Introductions

FTY720

Two articles on FTY720.

Novartis Pharmaceuticals initiates new world-wide Phase III study for Fingolimod (FTY720)

Following a two-year phase II clinical study, in which Novartis Pharmaceuticals reported a relapse rate reduction of more then 50%, compared to placebo, with 77% of people taking Fingolimod (FTY720) remaining relapse-free over two years. Novartis has announced the initiation of a world-wide Phase III study in more than 3000 people with MS.
The FREEDOMS multi-centre study, is to ...
Read more : FTY720 | Views : 1762 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Tysabri: Then and Now

It is amazing the changes in the way you go to your DR and asked to be put on Tysabri; Then and Now.
Then: Gary was an immediate canidate, perfect canidate for Tysabri. "As soon as it comes out, I'll put you on it"
Now: It won't do Gary any good. It doesn't do good for Progressive MS. You know you could die on it. It don't make you better. You know you could die ...
Read more : Tysabri: Then and Now | Views : 1569 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Anyone gotten insuance remibursement yet?

I am going for my 2nd infusion tomorrow - which my neuro is requiring a $2500 payment for until insurance companies start paying. I don't know if anyone has gotten reimbursed yet for Tysabri - a med that is FDA approved! Another 2500 on the credit card, thanks oxford liberty.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will report back when I have more info. I haven’t had any major attacks since starting last month, so ...
Read more : Anyone gotten insuance remibursement yet? | Views : 4297 | Replies : 18 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Polymyalgia Rheumatica

I have RRMS...diagnosed 9/02. Now it appears I have a new disease to add to my list...Polymyalgia Rheumatica...anybody else have the pleasure of this wonderful disease or even heard of it. Seems to be another autoimmune disease...pain in the shoulders/chest/back...went to the doctor because these were new symptoms and don't like to just automatically blame things on MS...did some blood work...my sed rate was 118!!!! That's not MS. treatment is daily prednisone...maybe this will help ...
Read more : Polymyalgia Rheumatica | Views : 1254 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Immune system "modulation"

oo
Read more : Immune system "modulation" | Views : 4263 | Replies : 35 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219637 • Total topics 22675 • Total members 14291

Contact us | Terms of Service