It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:45 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Extended deadline to contribute your recipes and tips

Subject: Contribute your favorite recipe to a cookbook with your tips on living with MS

We are making a cookbook. If you would like to contribute a recipe, please continue reading.

Accelerated Cure Project is collecting favorite recipes and MS tips to be published in a cookbook. The proceeds from the cookbook will benefit Accelerated Cure Project’s mission to determine the causes of MS. If you are interested in submitting a recipe and short tip ...
Read more : Extended deadline to contribute your recipes and tips | Views : 2225 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Shopping

Protein folding

No mention of MS, and they say that, "The split-second folding of gangly protein chains into tight three-dimensional shapes has broad implications for the growing number of disorders believed to result from misfolded proteins or parts of proteins, most notably neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases."

I don't know if this has any implications for MS, but it does show the amazing progress being made on solving some of the physical sciences' major ...
Read more : Protein folding | Views : 914 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Insulin: A role in cancer, inflammation, & Alzheimers

Here's an interesting article which discusses the multiple roles of insulin and its link to cancer, inflammation, and Alzheimers.

Resisting Insulin: The hormone insulin, a key part of diabetes, may be the real culprit in everything from cancer to Alzheimer's disease.
by Monika Guttman, UCS Health Magazine

NHE
Read more : Insulin: A role in cancer, inflammation, & Alzheimers | Views : 2695 | Replies : 20 | Forum : General Discussion

Researchers Closer To Cure For Multiple Sclerosis...

Researchers Closer To Cure For Multiple Sclerosis And Other Myelin-related Diseases
06 Nov 2006

A breakthrough finding on the mechanism of myelin formation by Jonah Chan, assistant professor of cell and neurobiology at the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, could have a major impact on the treatment of diseases such as multiple sclerosis and demyelination as a result of spinal cord injuries.

Myelin, the white matter that coats all nerves, ...
Read more : Researchers Closer To Cure For Multiple Sclerosis... | Views : 1791 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

How stem cels helped this man

I am very weary of these stem cell procedures. Most of them are scams and the companies are frauds extorting money from desperate patients. Here is another "miracle" article but read it with your filters on:

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/sund ... _page.html

beyondms
Read more : How stem cels helped this man | Views : 1370 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

My Family

For the life of me I can't get my pictures here without a link but I thought it would be nice to put faces on us. :lol:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welc ... buGTNs1ZB0
Read more : My Family | Views : 4428 | Replies : 29 | Forum : Introductions

Hello from beyondms

Hello to everyone on this board,

I am a recent lurker with a lot of experience with MS. I am a 35 year old Montrealer who was diagnosed roughly 10 years ago. I was offered to the opportunity to be part of the CHAMP study giving Avonex to people with a one time episode. I was subsequently diagnosed as definite MS after a bout of optic neuritis. My initial symptoms was a funny feeling in ...
Read more : Hello from beyondms | Views : 1765 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Bromley's two weeks off

Ian,

What are you going to be doing for two weeks in the hospital? I am thinking that you are going to be used as a guinea pig, but don't know
for sure.

gwa
Read more : Bromley's two weeks off | Views : 3128 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General Discussion

Stem cells and diabetes

It's mice, but there seems to be a stem cell story every day. But another step forward in this promising area.

Ian

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6123588.stm
Read more : Stem cells and diabetes | Views : 1381 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

RA

The following article is about RA and the use of Rituxan, which got FDA approval for RA earlier this year. Rituxan is in trials for MS (PP and RR). And we await the data from the RR Phase II trial which finished in the Summer. Interesting bit is about B cells and how researchers had considered RA to be a T cell mediated disease but now recognised that B cells are also involved. This change ...
Read more : RA | Views : 732 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220315 • Total topics 22802 • Total members 14389

Contact us | Terms of Service