It is currently Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:07 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

MS and Sexual Relationships

I couldn't find any threads here after searching the words "Sex" and "Sexual". I mean there were threads, but none that seemed to be specifically about how having MS effects sex.

Obvioulsy sex involves the nervous system and obviously this can impact all sensations, including sexual ones. I can see where this could be a big topic and I invite comment. But, mostly I have a question that stems from a personal observation.

For us, ...
Read more : MS and Sexual Relationships | Views : 7892 | Replies : 42 | Forum : General Discussion

Reseach into regeneration

Brain cells may regenerate after damage from multiple sclerosis 25 July 2008

Brain cells in areas targeted by multiple sclerosis may regenerate - often years after the initial injury, according to research by a team of Cleveland Clinic neuroscientists.

The finding, published online today, lends further support for the concept of adult neurogenesis -- that the human brain can regenerate itself, and in the case of MS, is working to repair itself.

Multiple sclerosis ...
Read more : Reseach into regeneration | Views : 3338 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Discussion

Phase III revimmune

Anyone know when they are starting phase III?

I figured since they cant see me until januray, I am wondering if thats when phase III starts. I am a little bummed if thats the case because as long as it is open label they can treat more people vs a clincial trial. I may not qualify for the trial vs open label.

Also I was told I have an appt with Dr. Kerr, arent we ...
Read more : Phase III revimmune | Views : 4696 | Replies : 23 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

anyone quit betaseron?

Has anyone used and quit beta seron? I am thinking that the med's are making me worse. I immediately started the drug after I was diagnosed. I seem to have went down hill from there. I am considering quitting the med's. My Dr. says I should stick with it but its been 16 mo's. I am kind of afraid to quit, I cant get any worse. any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Read more : anyone quit betaseron? | Views : 2093 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Went for an afternoon ride, last week, down to a small creek about 20 miles from our house. I guess we were all just bored. It was Tuesday or Wednesday, I can't remember (ms). Well we were way out in the woods so I decided to shoot my pistol. When we returned to the house I forgot to lock my truck door. Sunday morning I remembered that the pistol was still in my truck so ...
Read more : stolen | Views : 4385 | Replies : 28 | Forum : Daily Life

now there is a MS quiz on the BBC site

Well, it's pretty sad really.....very optimistic and a bit simple. They should have asked this site to input the way, I got 9/10 which is embarrassing!
Read more : now there is a MS quiz on the BBC site | Views : 1565 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Genteics, again.....

Have received quite devastating news – my 1st husband has just been diagnosed with PPMS which I have had for four years. We married in 1974, had two children (’79 & 80) then stupidly split up around 1984. We are still friends and he is looking to me for advice but I just don’t know how to help him - he is in England and I'm in a w'chair living alone in Spain - I ...
Read more : Genteics, again..... | Views : 1530 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

My reduced symptoms since HiCy!

Well, I admit - when I would read other people's accounts of how they noticed symptom reduction so soon after receiving the treatment, I was skeptical.

I guess I should have egg on my face now! 8O

So far, I have noticed the following:

- I'm walking much better - no cane. (my balance is better)

- I am able to use the bathroom more (might be ...
Read more : My reduced symptoms since HiCy! | Views : 2549 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

MS Genetics study for Orkney and Shetland Island residents

"These islands have some of the highest rates of MS in the world and are less complex genetically than urban populations, which is an advantage for finding genes.
The two-year project aims to collect DNA samples from all willing patients and a set of controls, who do not have the disease.
A genome-wide scan will be performed using hundreds of thousands of DNA markers.
The data will then be analysed using homozygosity mapping, a powerful ...
Read more : MS Genetics study for Orkney and Shetland Island residents | Views : 1486 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 234553 • Total topics 25244 • Total members 16452

Contact us | Terms of Service