It is currently Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:31 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

MS Fatigue and weight gain

Hi Guys

I, like many others, suffer from severe fatigue. It can be totally debilitating and I hate it. My neuro prescribed Provigil (AC, I know your hubby swears by it) and I tried it a few times. All it did was make me dizzy and vomit - so badly that my L'Hermittes set off a temporary but total paralysis in my rt arm (have to have your head bent forward to puke!) and this ...
Read more : MS Fatigue and weight gain | Views : 1812 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Low body temperature - MS related or just a quirk?

I have noticed that I have a very low body temperature recently - about 35.4-35.9 C over the last few weeks. It has had big dips in the past too and I've noticed that this can be when I'm very tired. Could this be any way related to an MS-lesion or does this strike anyone else out there as signficant? Perhaps just one of those quirks ....
Read more : Low body temperature - MS related or just a quirk? | Views : 17806 | Replies : 42 | Forum : General Discussion

Hi there from newbie in UK

:)
Hi there. This is my first ever forum, so please excuse any mistakes.

I was diagnosed with MS 20 years ago, but last year it went into overdrive. (Well it did have 20 years worth to catch up on!) I have been on Rebif 22 for 3 months now and am beginning to wonder if it is really worth all of the side effects.

I have ...
Read more : Hi there from newbie in UK | Views : 1192 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Anaesthetic Question

I am scheduled to have surgery on Monday. When I went to the pre-op clinic yesterday, I was told that I had conflicting anaesthetic conditions.
The two choices are either a general anaesthetic or a spinal anaesthetic.

I have sleep apnea which indicates that I should not be given general anaesthetic if possible.

I also have RRMS. They said that old conventional wisdom, not actually proven and currently disputed, suggested that spinal anaesthetic could cause ...
Read more : Anaesthetic Question | Views : 1489 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Intro to sweetC

Hello everyone!

I was referred to this site by another MS patient in my area (Florida, USA) who I met at my doctor's office while she was undergoing Campath trial treatment.

My stats:

RRMS since Jan. 2006

Female, 23 yrs old, Caucasian

I'm a certified veterinary technician and full time college student.

Have boyfriend of 4+ years and he is wonderful...gives me Rebif and Copaxone injections in the spots I can't reach.

And that brings ...
Read more : Intro to sweetC | Views : 1263 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Introductions

Girlfriend keeps pushing me away

Hello,

It all started last last January when she was diagnosed with MS. Since then the relationship has been rocky. She is very distanced and constantly pushing me away. Just a few days ago she told me she doesnt want to be a burden on me in the later years so she thought it was best to break up. I love her more than anything. Is there any hope of her coming out of this ...
Read more : Girlfriend keeps pushing me away | Views : 3178 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

The Blues strike again ....

The hospital has rejected my application for subsidy for my Rebif injections :( . From now on I have to pay the full US$ 1,705.41 every month in order for me to continue my treatment. That will leave me with just US$73 after deducting that amount frm my salary. :(
MS really sucks the life out of you...emotionally, physically, ...
Read more : The Blues strike again .... | Views : 2246 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Daily Life

Injecting in the arm

I was just wondering, for people who inject in the upper arm, does it hurt? I have been thinking of doing this but am a bit worried of it hurting? ( After almost 4years, I still cannot do it myself)

I'm starting to notice very slight scarring on my thighs so was abit worried of permanently damaging/scarring muscle tissue.

Thank you
H
Read more : Injecting in the arm | Views : 4283 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Avonex

Extreme night sweats! - Side effect?

Hi all,

I have just found this forum while trawling through the internet to try and find an answer to extreme night sweats! Does anyone have the these symptoms? If so, have any ideas controlling/getting rid of it? (this maybe a stupid question :oops: ). I have read that this is a side effect of Avonex but have not read about anyone else having them.

I have ...
Read more : Extreme night sweats! - Side effect? | Views : 6885 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Avonex

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232020 • Total topics 24783 • Total members 15949

Contact us | Terms of Service