It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:35 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Back to the BBQ......

Here is a washing machine I converted into an open pit style bbq. Yesterday was the trial run, with two slabs of ribs. I like to call it the Maytag BBQ. what do ya'll think?
BTW...Ribs came out excellent, and washed down great with some ice cold adult livations! It was too pretty outside here yesterday not to do something outdoors...

Read more : Back to the BBQ...... | Views : 1579 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Daily Life

introduction HELLO!!

I am a new member. 45 y.o. female, diagnosed in 1990 with RRMS. was on Betaseron shots for 18 yrs. Felt great, then became resistant, put on Tysabri for 1 yr was resistant to it, now I am on Methotrexate. Since I went off the Betaseron now when I have an exacerbation and do a 3 day course of steroids I don't come back to baseline like I did when on I was on it. ...
Read more : introduction HELLO!! | Views : 1302 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Second Campath infusion

I detailed the experience @ www.myspace.com/chilliwacklove under my blog, it's public so read it if you're interested. The 3rd and final infusion was on Wednesday. Thursday I woke with the rash; and had my mom around all day in case I needed her. Really I just wanted to rest. Today another rash but it didn't return as fierce as usual, 4 hours after the last benadryl. I continue to ...
Read more : Second Campath infusion | Views : 1692 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

new info? or not

I didn't see this posted so.... here it is. Question, how does Rituximab differ from the other monoclonal antibodies such as Campath and Tysabri?
Thanks Lars

Rituximab
Breaking News from Dr. Vollmer

In the development of new therapies for multiple sclerosis, there are occasions in which the results of a study surprise investigators and challenge their long-held beliefs about MS. A recent example is the evolving story concerning the development of a drug called rituximab ...
Read more : new info? or not | Views : 4116 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Rituxan (Rituximab)

new to avonex

Hi

I started my avonex injection on monday night and as i was expecting got the shivers and sweats during the night. Today i feel awful, woke up and felt so weak and tired with pains in my legs. Just wondering is this normal when you start avonex??
Read more : new to avonex | Views : 3530 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Avonex

Freiguy....

Freiguy, if you happen to be checking in, I sent you a PM.
Read more : Freiguy.... | Views : 1533 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

10 sec's of our ms poster boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0G2__5q9Wo
if he had a gun in his mouth where he is with his ms good luck to him.
Read more : 10 sec's of our ms poster boy | Views : 3212 | Replies : 26 | Forum : General Discussion

MS - May & September

This article appeared in the local newspapers yesterday. $10 mill. for a study of MS birthdays. I read somewhere that many people with MS in the northern hemisphere have birthdays in May and therefore perhaps many in the southern hemisphere are born after winter here eg me in September.

To shortcut the study, maybe we could have a straw poll on this site to see if winter pregnancies has lead to a higher incidence of ...
Read more : MS - May & September | Views : 2872 | Replies : 23 | Forum : General Discussion

Hello everyone. I've just signed up to the site. I am a Brit living in the San Francisco bay area. I was diagnosed with MS in 2005. To date I have been very fortunate - my MS has been relatively benign with only infrequent relapses. I went on Tysabri when I was first diagnosed but only had 1 infusion before it was pulled from the market following the first PML report. Since then I have ...
Read more : New member | Views : 1538 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

New Wheelchair Kamikaze Video Posted: The Quest for Bagels

Hey folks, I posted a brand-new Wheelchair Kamikaze video, "The Quest for Bagels". This edition of Wheelchair Kamikaze has us heading up Broadway to my favorite bagel shop, and then for a ride through Central Park on the way home.

Hope everybody enjoys my latest adventure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM0GjqwrwHs
Read more : New Wheelchair Kamikaze Video Posted: The Quest for Bagels | Views : 1704 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 239704 • Total topics 26174 • Total members 17434

Contact us | Terms of Service