It is currently Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:56 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Move to London from US

I have the opportunity to relocate as an expat to London for 2 years. I am currently taking avonex here in the US and want to make sure that should I accept the offer to relocate that avonex will be available and affordable within the UK when I am not a citizen of the country.

Any information regarding the cost and availability of avonex for expats in London would be greatly appreciated. My international health ...
Read more : Move to London from US | Views : 3303 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Avonex

Hi!

Hi all,

I am new to this site,although i have spent hours (days probably!) reading through forum posts the last month or so.So this is our story..

My girlfriend,aged 25, was diagnosed with RRMS in mid-July this year.It all started with spasticity of the right arm and leg for her,short attacks of 5-10 seconds several times a day.GP reccomended that we see a Neuro,who sent us for a Brain and Spinal Cord MRI.Brain MRI showed ...
Read more : Hi! | Views : 1368 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Call for Papers: JBiSE xj

Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this Call for Papers

===================================================================
Journal of Biomedical Science and Engineering (JBiSE)
CALL FOR PAPERS
http://www.srpublishing.org/scirp/Journ ... urnalID=30
ISSN 1937-6871 (Print), 1937-688X (Online)
===================================================================

JBISE is an international refereed journal dedicated to the latest
advancement of biomedical sciences and engineering. The goal of this
journal is to keep a record of the state-of-the-art research and
promote the research work in these ...
Read more : Call for Papers: JBiSE xj | Views : 1994 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Medical Devices

iCBBE2009 international conference call for paper xm

We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this message
=========================================================================================
The 3rd International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering (iCBBE2009)
CALL FOR PAPERS
http://www.icbbe.org/
Beijing, China June 11-13, 2009
==========================================================================================
This conference is sponsored by IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS),
Beijing Institute of Technology and Wuhan University. All the papers accepted will be included
in the IEEE Xplore and indexed by EI. For more information, ...
Read more : iCBBE2009 international conference call for paper xm | Views : 2867 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gene Therapy

Anyone had >2 month relapse?

I have had wicked vertigo and balance issues for about 2 months now. I thought relapse at first, but after IV steroids and time has passed I am still really screwed up. I can hardly walk a straight line and I am SOOO DIZZY. I fear that this is a general worsening. I have not really heard of people having this type of ordeal last so long as a relapse. I have not really heard ...
Read more : Anyone had >2 month relapse? | Views : 2766 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Just looking for help....

I may be posting this in the wrong place...sorry if I am.

I've recently been placed in the "you may or may not have MS" category. I was hoping that I could just post some of what I've experienced over the past month and just get some opinions. I go for a second opinion with a nuero next Friday but until then, it's killing me not knowing anything.

Here's what has been going on:

ON ...
Read more : Just looking for help.... | Views : 1485 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Seasonal MS attacks

Hiya

I have had one MS attack every year since the condition first appeared six years ago. And it always happens in spring (except one summer when a lumbar puncture brought a huge attack on.)

I know that some conditions can be seasonal. Autumn, for example, is a bad time for men with heart conditions owing to the changes in hormones that are experienced when the weather changes (or so I read once).

Does anyone ...
Read more : Seasonal MS attacks | Views : 2152 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

What would stop a neurologist....

...from giving a patient high dose cyclophosphamide who requested it if the clinician felt it appropriate.

The drug is approved for other uses and treatments are often given, at the doctors discretion, for applications not officially approved (for example, Botox given for the treatment of spasticity).

It seems to be the case that HiCy can only be administered to MS patients as part of a clinical trial. Because it's such a serious drug?

Or perhaps ...
Read more : What would stop a neurologist.... | Views : 2144 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

where's waldo?

Hey, has anyone looked at Tim's site lately. I haven't checked in months but apparently our fearless mentor has moved on to Math Cd's???? I was looking for a new career anyway, could be worse than math.
Lars
Read more : where's waldo? | Views : 1838 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Getting ridiculous

I've been taking LDN for 3+ years now...no progression, no MS symptoms. Unlike the approved MS drugs, LDN is cheap, safe and is proven to do no harm. Is it responsible for my long remission (I also take copaxone)? I don't know, but I don't want to take any chances either. My prescribing doc in Ohio recently passed away and I'm struggling to find another doc to continue the prescription. I find it a bit ...
Read more : Getting ridiculous | Views : 3126 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235083 • Total topics 25361 • Total members 16573

Contact us | Terms of Service