It is currently Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:14 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Rituxan results from ECTRIMS

Looks like rituxan is pretty good at reducing lesions, but then so is high-dose interferon, but it's effect on relapses isn't quite as impressive. I guess I'm more hopeful about rituxan as a treatment for PPMS anyway, so relapses won't matter in that trial.

Safety and efficacy of rituximab in adults with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: results of a phase II placebo-controlled, multicentre trial through 48 weeks

E. Waubant, S. Hauser, D.L. Arnold, T. Vollmer, J.P. ...
Read more : Rituxan results from ECTRIMS | Views : 8770 | Replies : 32 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

AHSCT status report from ECTRIMS

The notable part of this for me is that the author describes the ASTIMS trial as a phase 2, not a phase 3 as the site lists it. There have been other reviews in Pubmed that describe it as a phase 3 I think so I won't change the list.

Present status of HSCT in MS

G.L. Mancardi (Genoa, I)

In the last years, intensive immunosuppression followed by autologous transplantation of hematopoietic stem cells ...
Read more : AHSCT status report from ECTRIMS | Views : 1103 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Treosufan study results from ECTRIMS

Sorry for stealing your thunder Bromley. I wish they could have run the study long enough to use progression as an endpoint instead of relapses, considering this is a study for secondary progressive. Still it's good to see studies targeting progressive MS.

Treatment of active secondary progressive Multiple sclerosis with treosulfan

H. Wiendl, B.C. Kieseier, R. Weissert, H.-P. Hartung, A. Melms, W. Kueker, M. Weller (Wurzburg, Dusseldorf, Tubingen, D; Oxford, UK)

Objective: Safety and efficacy ...
Read more : Treosufan study results from ECTRIMS | Views : 1397 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

I have never felt this bad in my life. Is this the Rebif?

I now have such a problem with this drug. I never knew it until I had a lapse in my insurance coverage and had to be off the meds for six weeks. I felt great (still had MS i know... but life was better)!!! I am now back into the dull everyday life of M.S. and the limitations that that brings to the table. I hope that these flu like symptoms will go away! I ...
Read more : I have never felt this bad in my life. Is this the Rebif? | Views : 12582 | Replies : 24 | Forum : Rebif

MS that runs in families appears more severe

Out of seven members of my immediate blood family, three have MS,
one has Alzheimer's and two have Huntington's Disease, so perhaps we are good candidates to offer our genes up for study. Here is the first evidence that a familial link increases the likelihood of a more severe form of MS:

Public release date: 12-Oct-2007

Read more : MS that runs in families appears more severe | Views : 3470 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General Discussion

Employment, insurance and disability issues

Is it possible to get this added as a category? People post on this topic in other categories, but threads get buried.

Read more : Employment, insurance and disability issues | Views : 2905 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Suggestions

Phase 2 Daclizumab Data

Phase 2 Data Show Daclizumab Significantly Reduced Multiple Sclerosis
Lesions in Patients Receiving Interferon Beta Therapy

12 October 2007

Biogen Idec Inc. and PDL BioPharma, Inc. (PDL) announced today that Phase 2 data demonstrated a significant reduction in new or enlarged gadolinium-enhancing lesions when daclizumab is added to interferon beta therapy in patients with active relapsing multiple sclerosis (MS). These data will be presented tomorrow at the 23rd Congress of the European Committee for ...
Read more : Phase 2 Daclizumab Data | Views : 1421 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Some news about Tysabri ... plication/
I don't know how to make the link small
Read more : Some news about Tysabri | Views : 957 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Is my disability due to my previous hobbies?

My previous hobbies included running with scissors, playing in traffic, sticking my tongue into the fan blade, and ofcourse playing good cop/bad cop with my ex. My disability is Multiple Sclerosis. Is this why I have MS?
Read more : Is my disability due to my previous hobbies? | Views : 5101 | Replies : 31 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 227667 • Total topics 24035 • Total members 15397

Contact us | Terms of Service