It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:55 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Another rat story

I know it's still about rats and it might have already been posted but I figured I'd post it anyways.

Friday, November 10, 2006
In Young Rats, Researchers Find a Reaction to Spinal Cord Injury That Speeds Recovery

Finding surprises researchers, who discovered that young rats mend more quickly because cells near the injury site respond differently than in adults

Neuroscientists had long believed that the only way to repair a spinal cord injury ...
Read more : Another rat story | Views : 765 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Posting for Suecat

I'm posting this message for another member who's unable to post and going through a rough time. Arron maybe you have some suggestions for her.

"Hi, my name is Sue (registered name Suecat) I have registered as a member to the "thisisms" site but unfortunately with my computer am always unable to post. I get the msg that due either my firewall is not letting me get on or something due to my comp. using ...
Read more : Posting for Suecat | Views : 3276 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

New scanner

Me, GWA and others, believe that technology will lead to a better understanding of this disease. A new MRI scanner, much more powerful than previous scanners is in operation. The BBC website, health section, has a video of what the scanner can see - in terms of images of the brain. It is to be used to monitor progression in MS. I tried to paste the video link, but this site did not like it. ...
Read more : New scanner | Views : 969 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Stem cell article

Read more : Stem cell article | Views : 1196 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Another drug

Not really sure what this drug does, but mentions MS.

AVI BioPharma Announces Positive Clinical Trial Results Delivering NEUGENE Antisense Drugs to the Central Nervous System 10 November 2006

AVI BioPharma, Inc. today announced human clinical trial results showing that three distinct NEUGENE® antisense drugs entered the cerebral spinal fluid (CSF) of healthy adult male volunteers following a single 100 mg dose via intravenous (IV) or subcutaneous (subq) injections. The three drugs used were ...
Read more : Another drug | Views : 1725 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Hello.

Hi,

I don't post much on forums...too lazy/it's too difficult. But, I did want to join so as to not feel so alone.

Thank you.
Read more : Hello. | Views : 1680 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

One for Shayk

Sharon,

Here's some good news on the hormones front. I'm going to cheer people up before my 2 week break.

For those new to the site, Shayk is the hormones guru - and you'd have to be blind to not see that hormones plays a big part in this disease (2-3 times the number of women to men get MS, the third term of pregnancy calms the disease down, and the small trial of testosterone ...
Read more : One for Shayk | Views : 1311 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

syringes and armpits

Does anyone bring their Copaxone syringe to body temperature by holding it under the armpit for a few minutes before injecting? I seem to remember reading some posts saying that this practice helps with site reactions, but of course I can't find them right now.
Read more : syringes and armpits | Views : 3019 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Copaxone

Google up your Medical Degree

I've always been a google buff but come on we can't all be Doctors. ROFLMAO

<shortened url>

November 10, 2006 - 12:09PM

Patients are not the only people turning to the internet for medical information.

Searching the worldwide web with engines such as Google may also help doctors to diagnose perplexing medical conditions, according to Australian researchers.

"Our study suggests that in difficult cases, it is often useful to Google for a diagnosis," said Hangwi ...
Read more : Google up your Medical Degree | Views : 846 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

garden path indeed

you know this is all straight up brom! glad you are sorted out with something. how many iu did you end up with in your tabs?
Read more : garden path indeed | Views : 901 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220302 • Total topics 22802 • Total members 14389

Contact us | Terms of Service