It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:21 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

I'm kinda reticent to do this, because I'm sensitive to everyone's varying levels of ability/disability and in general, I'm a bit wary of making proclamations... but I had a mini revelation this week...

We had a good report from my husband's neurologist. She's pleased with his lack of exacerbations or attacks since his dx last March. In trying to understand why his function is so high, especially with his high lesion load (over 20 on ...
Read more : Music... | Views : 1552 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Read more : . | Views : 1803 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Upcoming research conferences

For nerds like me who are interested in such things, two research conferences at the end of the month:

The Charcot Foundation symposium is in Italy. ... 8&sid2=128

Conference on B cells and MS which takes place in California.

Presentations on Rituximab seem to be common to both. I'll post any interesting stuff if I see it.

Read more : Upcoming research conferences | Views : 1616 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Another stem cell trial

This stem cell trial is a new one to me.

Donor Stem Cell Transplantation for the Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis

This study is currently recruiting participants.
Verified by University of Louisville, July 2007
Phase I / II

While the cause of MS in not known, there is an autoimmune component that destroys nerve cells. Autoimmunity is a condition where an individual's immune system attacks his/her own cells. Bone marrow stem cell transplantation has been ...
Read more : Another stem cell trial | Views : 1839 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

MS, Tysabri, and the low risk of PML...

Hi everyone,

I have some information I would like to pass on to those here that are contemplating Tysabri therapy from a treating neurologist friend of mine regarding Tysabri and possible rare risk of PML (some of his patients are on Tysabri, and some of them are on the older generation ABCRs). Take good care now...Lauren :)

Without becoming too long-winded or using too many medical terms, ...
Read more : MS, Tysabri, and the low risk of PML... | Views : 4546 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Bad reaction to this year's flu jab

Has anyone else had an extreme reaction to the flu jab this year? About a day after I had it I became as weak as a dish rag: unable to move a muscle to the point where I couldn't even lift my chin off my chest when I sat up. I thought it was just me having a bad time, but I have since heard of two other people with MS who have described identical ...
Read more : Bad reaction to this year's flu jab | Views : 3199 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

Soooo tired

Is extreme fatigue a precursor to a relapse or is it an issue of its own?
Read more : Soooo tired | Views : 1740 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Anyone else get the blues this time of year.
Read more : Blues | Views : 2058 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Daily Life

Esperanza Peptide

Hello all

I have just joined the board and firstly wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

My name is Atheana, I am 46, happily married living in the UK. Dx'd in '95 RR and as is often the case with this obnoxious disease have experienced aggravated symptoms over the years. Mostly what's affected with me is my balance and walking - both of which I can confidently say are crap lol I'm not on ...
Read more : Esperanza Peptide | Views : 3541 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General Discussion

News about Opexa

I ran into this today while wasting some time online:

<shortened url>

Opexa Therapeutics’ Amendment No.1 on Form 10-KSB/A Report Audit Includes ''Going Concern'' Qualification

THE WOODLANDS, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:OPXA) noted today that its financial statements for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2006, included in Amendment No. 1 to the Company's Report on Form 10-KSB/A filed on November 9, 2007, contains a going concern modification from its independent accounting firm, Malone & ...
Read more : News about Opexa | Views : 8811 | Replies : 36 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228680 • Total topics 24198 • Total members 15493

Contact us | Terms of Service