It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:52 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Need some advice

Okay- I seem to be having heart issues.
Often, my heart gets out of rhythm. Happens and goes away.
Today, I carried about a dozen boxes into my truck then from the truck up steps to my house. Heart went wacky. Kept carrying-- figured it would go away. Finished carrying and for almost 2 hours, my heart was out of rhythm. Went from the computer to the couch then finally to get an aspirin in ...
Read more : Need some advice | Views : 1632 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Vascular surgeon, etc

Hi all.

A very good friend of mine is a close friend of a great vascular surgeon for 15 years, now. I was a little shy about contacting him, but my friend did it "spontaneously".

The surgeon can "prescribe" the MRV and then I shall have it done. But I am a little nervous about the results. What if there is no stenosis at all? I doubt that this is the case, but my head ...
Read more : Vascular surgeon, etc | Views : 4424 | Replies : 22 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

steroids

Adding Steroid Drug to MS Treatment May Reduce Disease Activity

SEATTLE, April 30 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Using a steroid drug for multiple sclerosis (MS) in addition to an MS drug may reduce the amount of disease activity more than using the MS drug alone, according to a study presented as part of the Late-breaking Science Program at the American Academy of Neurology's 61st Annual Meeting in Seattle, April 25 - May 2, 2009.

For the study, ...
Read more : steroids | Views : 1305 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Loobies Mom

Hi, I'm Nell, Loobies Mom. Many of you probably know Lewis as he tells me he has communicated through this site many times. He has asked me to be his advocate and I, of course, agreed with much enthusiasm. It feels very good to be able to do something really constructive. I have raised money, cried, prayed, and hoped beyond hope that everything he tried would work miracles. It's tough being the Mom of an ...
Read more : Loobies Mom | Views : 1840 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Introductions

Vitamin D

Vitamin D is the elephant in our room... How can it be that MS is a venous issue that it occurs in people from latitudes with less sunlight and we have lower vitamin d levels?

heres a paper associating peripheral artery disease with low vitamin d
http://www.health.am/vein/more/vitamin- ... y-disease/

Participants with the lowest vitamin D levels were 2.18 times more likely to have PAD than were participants in the ...
Read more : Vitamin D | Views : 4026 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Diminished Visibility of cerebral venous vasculature in MS

ABSTRACT
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a disease of the central nervous system characterized by widespread demyelination, axonal loss and gliosis, and neurodegeneration; susceptibility-weighted imaging (SWI), through the use of phase information to enhance local susceptibility or T2* contrast, is a relatively new and simple MRI application that can directly image cerebral veins by exploiting venous blood oxygenation. Here, we use high-field SWI at 3.0 Tesla to image 15 patients with clinically definite relapsing-remitting MS and ...

Italian Summit- Venous Function in MS- 9/8/09

Nice e-mail from Dr. Zamboni.

My program is to project a multicenter randomized control trial joining all the people who scientifically support my discovery. Hilarescere will support the International Scientific Coterie in Italy on September 8th, titled VENOUS FUNCTION AND MS

He is inviting other doctors who will, by then, have research to further document CCSVI in MS. A nice opportunity to visit lovely Ferrera, vascular doctors!!!

AC

Read more : 132 | Views : 1718 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Liberation Procedure/Stent placement

Jeff is scheduled to have his stent placed in his jugular vein on Tuesday, May 5th at Stanford University by Dr. Michael Dake. Details and results will follow.
This is moving faster than we expected... :D
AC

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 241224 • Total topics 26396 • Total members 17572

Contact us | Terms of Service