It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:34 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Hi everyone

Hello everyone i'm Michlle.. I just found this forum the other nite. im so glad i did.. i was disgnosed with m.s 3 yr's ago and my medication is avonex.. im just glad ive foung a place where i can talk to other people with the same thing i have. I always seam to talk to people that knows someone with ms but i think it nicer to talk with people that have ms. I ...
Read more : Hi everyone | Views : 1489 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

High Dose Cyclophosphamide (Revimmune)

American Autoimmune Related Disease Association article from 1995

"Rebooting" - A Promise For Autoimmune Diseases?
Johns Hopkins University researchers have developed a new technique in treating autoimmune disease patients which reboots the immune system with results that have cured some patients while dramatically improving the health of others. This is a new approach to the use of stem cells in treating autoimmune disease.

Autoimmunity occurs when the blood ...
Read more : High Dose Cyclophosphamide (Revimmune) | Views : 2910 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

you ok
Read more : robbie | Views : 2126 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Antibiotics

thank you so much for sending me the info for my doctor. it actually served to purposes. i sent it to my husband at work to copy and he read it. so now he is like 'that lady from england went thru that' 'you're gonna be ok,just wait it out' now my doctor,he is so VERY protective. he put me up to 200mg doxy for 6 weeks then he will add the roxy. IF i ...
Read more : sarah | Views : 2480 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Antibiotics

October 14, 2007
Herbal supplements used to treat multiple sclerosis

Although not recognized in standard allopathic medicine, the use of herbal supplements can be very useful in treating MS.

Fish oil is a natural anti-inflammatory. In addition to treating inflammation caused by multiple sclerosis, fish oil also may have the ability to assist in myelin repair. It is often recommended by alternative medicine practitioners that people with multiple sclerosis take between 3 and 9 grams ...
Read more : Supplements | Views : 1691 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Natural Approach

New to site and seeking info

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:45 am Post subject: new - seeking info

I am 39, diagnosed in 2000. I have not taken any drugs, although Rebif was advised. There was not enough data at the time and it was a crap shoot or leap of faith I wasn't prepared to take. I don't know that my choices have been good or not by not having gone on any drugs? Who knows! I ...
Read more : New to site and seeking info | Views : 2539 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

New Preclinical Data Suggests FTY720 May Repair or Reduce Damage Caused by Multiple Sclerosis Through a Direct Effect in the Brain

· Potential beneficial impact on central nervous system in addition to well established action on immune cells

· Recruitment complete for two of three pivotal Phase III trials; recruitment for third study is ongoing and on track

· MS most common neurological disorder in young adults, affecting more than an estimated 2.5 million people ...
Read more : FTY720 | Views : 3512 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Cigarette Smoking May Accelerate Disability In Those With MS

Cigarette Smoking May Accelerate Disability In Those With MS

Science Daily — Persons with multiple sclerosis who smoke risk increasing the amount of brain tissue shrinkage, a consequence of MS, and the subsequent severity of their disease, new research conducted at the Buffalo Neuroimaging Analysis Center (BNAC) at the University at Buffalo has shown.

Read more : Cigarette Smoking May Accelerate Disability In Those With MS | Views : 1139 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Early Research Into A Treatment For Progressive MS

Thought I'd posted this before, but can't see it now...

Main Category: Multiple Sclerosis News
Article Date: 01 Oct 2007 - 4:00 PDT

email to a friend printer friendly view / write opinions rate article newsletters

Visitor Ratings:
Healthcare Professional:
General Public:

>> rate this article

Scientists in Scotland may be on the way to discovering the cause of long term disability in people with multiple sclerosis (MS).

New research carried out at the University ...
Read more : Early Research Into A Treatment For Progressive MS | Views : 1970 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

LDN study abstract from ECTRIMS

No mention of efficacy yet, but at least they're talking about an LDN trial at a major MS conference!

Pilot multicentric study of low dose naltrexone in primary progressive multiple sclerosis

M. Gironi, F. Martinelli Boneschi, C. Solaro, R. Cavarretta, M. Zaffaroni, L. Moiola, S. Bucello, M. Radaelli, V. Pilato, M. Rodegher, M. Cursi, V. Martinelli, R. Nemni, G. Comi, P. Sacerdote, G. Martino (Milan, Genoa, Gallarate, I)

Preliminary evidence have documented an interesting symptomatic ...
Read more : LDN study abstract from ECTRIMS | Views : 2488 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Login  •  Register

Total posts 227730 • Total topics 24057 • Total members 15405

Contact us | Terms of Service