It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:36 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

ONO-4641

I just received an invitation to join the ONO 4641 trial. I really know nothing about it. I thought before I wrote it off I would see what anyone knows about it.
Thanks,
Lars
Read more : ONO-4641 | Views : 2882 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Copaxone free

I just got the OK to quit it if I want to. They told me they wanted a year on the Copaxone.

I asked if I could quit and he said, "If you like it and want to keep using it go for it, if you don't like it you can quit, if your in the middle it may be a tough choice for you."

I love how he let me decide. My choice. I ...
Read more : Copaxone free | Views : 2643 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Plasma Exchange

With the neurology conference, a lot has been coming out. Ran into this article on plasma exchange and had not heard much about it previously. Anyone else have any info on it?

TOL

<shortened url>

Research Shows Plasma Exchange Helps Multiple Sclerosis Patients

Aurora Health Care Logo(PRNewsFoto/Aurora Health Care)

MILWAUKEE, WI UNITED STATES

Aurora St. Luke's Team Sees Lives Changed for the Better

with Plasma Exchange.

MILWAUKEE, April 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Researchers at Aurora St. ...
Read more : Plasma Exchange | Views : 4485 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

FTY720 Update

Novartis AG said a study shows that 80-83 percent of patients taking its multiple sclerosis drug FTY720 are relapse-free compared to 69 percent of those on the leading current treatment.

Novartis, which is presenting new Phase III results to the American Academy of Neurology, said the data reinforces results announced in December that showed the annual relapse rate was 52 percent lower compared with patients taking Biogen's injectable multiple sclerosis drug Avonex.

It said full ...
Read more : FTY720 Update | Views : 3067 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Wierd reaction???

Or normal? I injected my right stomach area last week using the rebiject. Immediately after, I had a lump there and three days later, massive bruising. Normal? Not a big deal? Maybe I did something wrong?
Read more : Wierd reaction??? | Views : 5589 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Rebif

glutamate and progression

I'm officially removing glutamate from my christmas card list...

Glutamate identified as predictor of disease progression in multiple sclerosis

April 30th, 2009 - PhysOrg.com - UCSF researchers have identified a correlation between higher levels of glutamate, which occurs naturally in the brain as a byproduct of metabolism, and greater disease burden in multiple sclerosis patients. The study is the first to measure glutamate toxicity in the brain over time and suggests an improved method for ...
Read more : glutamate and progression | Views : 2132 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

gray matter / white matter connection

I really like that they are looking at a common target that exists in gray and white matter.

Gray matter under attack in multiple sclerosis

April 30th, 2009 -- It has long been assumed that myelin is the most important target for the misdirected immune response in MS. This white, fat-rich protective layer of specialized cells enshrouds the long extensions of neurons. However, the central nervous systems of MS patients also exhibit damage in the ...
Read more : gray matter / white matter connection | Views : 1682 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Cladribine - Phase III results

Oral Multiple Sclerosis drug, Cladribine, appears effective, but cancer cases raise concerns

Merck KGaA reported late-stage data showing that its cladribine tablets significantly cut the rate of clinical relapses, disability progression and brain lesions in patients suffering from relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis, echoing preliminary data reported earlier this year.

But a handful of cancer cases in the study may raise some safety concerns for physicians that must choose cladribine over alternative therapies that have ...
Read more : Cladribine - Phase III results | Views : 2364 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

What causes the fatigue?

I think I have a moderate understanding of the way MS works, T cells attack the myalin sheath of specific nerves which affect certain body parts. What I don't understand is how it causes general fatigue.
When asked about fatigue as a symptom of MS, I never really know how to answer. I mean, am I more or less tired than the average person? Am I just lazy, unmotivated, depressed? I don't have a definitive ...
Read more : What causes the fatigue? | Views : 3563 | Replies : 23 | Forum : General Discussion

good cholesterol is good

"Good" cholesterol may guard against MS disability

Reuters -- High levels of HDL ("good") cholesterol may help protect against disabilities related to multiple sclerosis or MS.

HDL has anti-inflammatory properties and thus it might benefit MS, a disease of chronic inflammation. Preliminary data to support this theory were reported today at the American Academy of Neurology's annual meeting in Seattle.

The findings, study investigator Dr. Bianca Weinstock-Guttman told Reuters Health, suggest that people with MS ...
Read more : good cholesterol is good | Views : 1284 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 241218 • Total topics 26395 • Total members 17569

Contact us | Terms of Service