It is currently Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:00 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

placenta stem cells used for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia

Celgene Cellular Therapeutics Announces Clinical Transplant of Human Placenta-Derived Stem Cells

Celgene Cellular Therapeutics (CCT), a wholly owned subsidiary of Celgene Corporation (NASDAQ: CELG), today announced the clinical application of a human placenta-derived stem cells (HPDSCs) for hematopoietic reconstitution. The groundbreaking transplant occurred at the LSU Health Sciences Center Children’s Hospital (LSU) on March 28, 2008 to treat a pediatric patient with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL), a cancer of the bone marrow and blood. Following ...
Read more : placenta stem cells used for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia | Views : 1602 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

immunopathogenesis

Read more : immunopathogenesis | Views : 1446 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

rebooting at JHH

As of May 6,2008 I will be at JHH for the HiCy treatment for MS.
My intention is to try and keep those interested informed of the procedure and my experience with the procedure.

5/6/08

At 7:15 am I went to JHH The email that I received prior to leaving Chicago was detailed and gave step by step instructions. First I signed in and was issued an orange card which one sweeps at specific stations. ...
Read more : rebooting at JHH | Views : 13392 | Replies : 86 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

turning down an invitation...

so, check out this trip i just got invited on, clearly there is nothing wrong with me in the eyes of others lolol!

Start at Cedar Lake (1.5 km)
Portage 715m
Petawawa River (1.0 km)
Portage 255m
Continue on Petawawa River (1.5 km)
Portage 2345m (i said pardon?!?!?! i'd be gumbylegs by this time)
Through small lake (100m)
Portage 170m
Through Narrowbag (2 km)
Portage 80m
Through Catfish Lake (2 km)
Total 11,665m

and ...
Read more : turning down an invitation... | Views : 2005 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Daily Life

late introduction

hey, I am sorry, I've been to this forum for some weeks now and forgot to introduce myself...
my name is veronika and I'm from Slovenia. I have been diagnosed 4 years ago and have been taking rebif for 3,5 years and have now started tysabri on 21/4 but have had a serious relapse since and I can now hardly walk (have had trouble walking for 1,5 years but not so severe and twice problems ...
Read more : late introduction | Views : 1825 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Introductions

MA?

Is there really NO Tovaxin study happening in Boston, MA?

You have got to be kidding me....

:cry:
Read more : MA? | Views : 4347 | Replies : 21 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Sleep problems

Again I am starting to have sleep issues. Last night I woke up at 2am. Like as if someone had poured cold water on me. I have taken all the sleep meds but they only work for me on a temp basis. Got up this morning and drove to Pleasure Island, real close to my office, and went fishing on a public pier. It was nice. The wind was blowing real hard, but I caught ...
Read more : Sleep problems | Views : 12969 | Replies : 97 | Forum : Daily Life

close to a cure?

just a question.. how many of you, honestly, think that one day, hopefully in the not so distant future, there will be a cure for this disease? With all the research with stem cells, do you think that one day it will become the next, say, strep throat where one just takes some pills and is done with it? or am i just hoping for too much? I read an article about some stem cell ...
Read more : close to a cure? | Views : 4020 | Replies : 19 | Forum : General Discussion

Medicaid and Rebif

Do you have Medicaid and take Rebif? How much is your co-pay? I got a call from MS lifelines today and there had been a bit of a mix up, stating the wrong insurance (I go to Dr.s through the University here, but there is also insurance for their employees of course) and had a co-pay of $50 a month. Well, right now I have NOTHING. Trying to get a job but no luck so ...
Read more : Medicaid and Rebif | Views : 2825 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Rebif

Herpes treatment advances - not directly MS related

Was poking around for info last night and found a few interesting things... none of this is breaking news or anything.

Bayer AG - research - Herpes virus is a pdf of Bayer's report on developing Herpes treatments. Obviously it is heavily biased and is probably a few years old but still quite informative. For instance: two different versions of the virus hide away in the body, one typically in the inner ear/temple part of ...
Read more : Herpes treatment advances - not directly MS related | Views : 1467 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232962 • Total topics 24949 • Total members 16087

Contact us | Terms of Service