It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:15 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

hey LC!

i have only just started having a look at LDN because someone was all stoked with it on an introduction string. what an interesting read. how very interesting that it is an immune system BOOSTER! wow. so anyway, deals with correcting issues with the opioid system (which also happens to be affected in cases of anorexia and bulemia... i'm thinking vegan history could also be implicated???). links to glucose preference and insulin production. this is ...
Read more : hey LC! | Views : 836 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

MRIs

Shouldn't this have been thought of before?

1: Lancet Neurol. 2006 Oct;5(10):841-52.
MRI and the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis: expanding the concept of "no better explanation".Charil A, Yousry TA, Rovaris M, Barkhof F, De Stefano N, Fazekas F, Miller DH, Montalban X, Simon JH, Polman C, Filippi M.
Neuroimaging Research Unit, Department of Neurology, Scientific Institute and University Ospedale San Raffaele, Milan, Italy.

Although the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis relies on the demonstration of disease ...
Read more : MRIs | Views : 889 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

MultiCell Technologies

MultiCell Technologies Announces Strategic Initiatives for 2006 and 2007; Company to Focus on Advance of First-in-Class Immune-based Drug Candidates into Advanced Phase Human Clinical Trials

SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct 5, 2006 - MultiCell Technologies, Inc. (OTCBB:MCET), developing first-in-class drugs based on advanced immune system modulation and other proprietary technologies, has announced its Strategic Initiatives for the remainder of 2006 and beyond. The announcement was made by Dr. Stephen Chang, President and Chief Executive Officer of MultiCell. ...
Read more : MultiCell Technologies | Views : 1185 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Neuroprotection

Read more : Neuroprotection | Views : 808 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Neurobiology

This is difficult to understand (as a layman). I think they are saying that they are starting to understand more about this complex disease. I also get the impression that they are, at last, recognising that the auto-immune model is not a good one.

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... ology.html
Read more : Neurobiology | Views : 807 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

T Reg cells

I know it's EAE, but I think we'll be hearing a lot more about T Reg cells in the future.

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... expan.html
Read more : T Reg cells | Views : 807 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

weird sensation...

Hi folks, I've been wondering about posting this for a while but reluctant to do so as it seems a little odd. For a couple of months I have have an odd sensation in my right leg, usually when i'm sitting. It feels like a strong pulse beat and only lasts for a second or so. I can get a few in quick succession or only one a day. The leg itself doesn't move. Bizarre. ...
Read more : weird sensation... | Views : 1807 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Better times

As usual the breakthrough treatments are within a decade!

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j664094272&w=464753
Read more : Better times | Views : 931 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

5 HTP, Electormagnetic field therapy and chlamydia pneumonia

Antibiotics would appear to have stabilized my condition and some of my symptoms have improved such as pain and spasms. However there is still clearly a lot of damage in the CNS, which is affecting my walking just as much as at the beginning of the protocol. I am now trying to get more repair going since I don't think just clearing the nasty bugs out is going to help there.
To which end I ...
Read more : 5 HTP, Electormagnetic field therapy and chlamydia pneumonia | Views : 3040 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Antibiotics

Future treatments

I must have registered on an MS website (can't remember when) and received the following today - which is a good summary of future treatments.

Ian

Hello and welcome to:
MSnewsChannel.com Drug Alert #41: "DR. VOLLMER'S INFORMAL SYNOPSIS:
NEW TREATMENTS FOR MS"
There are two parts to todays Alert...
The first is a MS news Channel exclusive..."Dr. Vollmer's informal
Synopsis: New Treatments For MS"
Dr. Timothy Vollmer is Chairman of the Division of Neurology at ...
Read more : Future treatments | Views : 2965 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219675 • Total topics 22683 • Total members 14299

Contact us | Terms of Service