It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:37 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

First injection today : /

Hi everyone :) I'm newly diagnosed with MS and just did my first Avonex injection about 30 minutes ago. Was much easier than I had thought it would be.
It was only a 1/4 dose so I'm hoping initial reactions will be mild... guess I'll find out as the night goes on.

Anyway... just wanted to say hi.. and I'm glad there is a forum here for ...
Read more : First injection today : / | Views : 2816 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Avonex

Symptoms through the day

Hi

Don't know how you are but ..
I'm alway better in the morning than the afternoon in general.
As time pass, paresthesia worsen. It is very bad before going to sleep or in the bed. Ants crawling for example starts in my right arm, spread to my torso and the other arm for example ... then i become crazy waiting until it stops. Usually i get up .... Sometime, nothing starts.
Anyway ...

Take ...
Read more : Symptoms through the day | Views : 1938 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!! Ultimate Living by Tim Storey!

:D
I SOOOOO love this book. Positive living at its finest!
Everyone who wants to change their life and achieve their dreams must purchase this book! I dont read alot but had to rush out and buy this after seeing it at the library and reading it... Its a keeper!
Read more : I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!! Ultimate Living by Tim Storey! | Views : 3739 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Reading Nook

MS and your Feelings!

A MUST for all newly diagnosed and those with MS!
Read more : MS and your Feelings! | Views : 3412 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Reading Nook

MRI done in 2006, your opinion please

Hi all, you'r genius on this board :D

In 2006 i was in really bad shape (tingling/stroke like event(3 times)/burning/tremors/pins & needles ...)

They did an MRI (i end up to the ER ...) and this is the result.

Sorry it's a transduction, i did my best (it's in French ...).
Remember they where looking for possible STROKE only.
----

Examination realized according to the standard ...
Read more : MRI done in 2006, your opinion please | Views : 1458 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Having my Infusion

I am sitting in my chair having my infusion as we speak. 15 more minutes to go and then an hour to wait after. So far so good.

Will post later today when I get home. :wink:

CF
Read more : Having my Infusion | Views : 1514 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Having my Infusion

I am sitting in my chair having my infusion as we speak. 15 more minutes to go and then an hour to wait after. So far so good.

Will post later today when I get home. :wink:

CF
Read more : Having my Infusion | Views : 1860 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Plasmapheresis

Hey Dig,
I found some links you wrote a while back (07 I think) on Plasmapheresis and wondered what the current news is. I have a friend with Guillain Barre Syndrome (and you think MS is rare!) and they are recommending this therapy. There are huge similarities between MS and GBS so if it works for one............? Since Plasma exchange doesn't affect cells, what is the therapeutic mechanism?
Thanks,
Lars
Read more : Plasmapheresis | Views : 1627 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

My 9 month HiCy follow-up

Had my 9 month at Hopkins. I should preface this by saying that my symptoms have increased over the last 2 months but no reactivation. I will list them to get them all in:

1. more numbness in hands and great loss of dexterity. I am having trouble brushing and bathing- still better tham before HiCy. That peg test was almost impossible.

2. Spasticity in my legs- particularly right one is really bad- timed walk ...
Read more : My 9 month HiCy follow-up | Views : 9261 | Replies : 23 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

article in newsweek

Go to newsweek.com for the entire article. Encouraging!!!! Lets all think positive!!! Positive energy!!!

Patients will be closely monitored with MRIs for the first year and followed for a total of 15 years. And trial volunteers will have complete injuries "with no hope of recovery," making the risk worth the potential payoff, says Okarma. Geron's mantra is "living cells will be tomorrow's pills," he says. And he is confident it will get there. So confident, ...
Read more : article in newsweek | Views : 1434 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Stem Cells

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240173 • Total topics 26241 • Total members 17481

Contact us | Terms of Service