It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:46 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

I love Tysabri!!

I had my first Tysabri infusion on December 8. I was EXTREMELY nervous, but I had been on Betaseron for 3 years, and I suffered 2 exacerbations within 5 months, the 2nd of which took me out of work for 4 months! I had developed some spinal cord lesions, which caused some sensory issues in all of my limbs. I had a mild headache the evening of my first infusion, but I took some advil, ...
Read more : I love Tysabri!! | Views : 4595 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Anybody here with SPMS for 10+ years who is on Copaxone?

Hi Copaxonites or Copaxonians!

I'm new here, and I have a question. Is anyone around who is on Copaxone and who has SPMS? Better yet--anyone who's had SPMS for more than 10 years and is on Copaxone?

I'd really like to know how you're doing. My neuro thinks it's best for everyone with MS to be on one of the ABCRs, but I've hesitated to start Copaxone after a not-very-good experience with Avonex.

I've had ...
Read more : Anybody here with SPMS for 10+ years who is on Copaxone? | Views : 3293 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Copaxone

MBP8298 for the treatment of secondary progressive MS

Today, I was offered the opportunity to enroll in the BioMS study looking at the effects of MBP8298 for the treatment of secondary progressive multiple sclerosis. Given that I have slowly but surely progressed in the last few years, I see little options. Let me know what you think.

thanks,

beyondms
Read more : MBP8298 for the treatment of secondary progressive MS | Views : 1463 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

MBP8298 for the treatment of secondary progressive multiple

Today, I was offered the opportunity to enroll in the BioMS study looking at the effects of MBP8298 for the treatment of secondary progressive multiple sclerosis. Given that I have slowly but surely progressed in the last few years, I see little options. Let me know what you think.

thanks,

beyondms
Read more : MBP8298 for the treatment of secondary progressive multiple | Views : 1504 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

turmeric

January 14, 2007

Spice Healer

An ingredient in curry shows promise for treating Alzheimer's, cancer and other diseases

By Gary Stix

Searching for new drugs by milling through ancient folk pharmacopoeia or by just picking a plant while walking in the woods has a decidedly checkered history. Many well-established therapeutic compounds originated in trees, shrubs, mollusks, even dirt. Aspirin came from willow bark, cholesterol-lowering statins from a mold, and the antimalarial artemisinin from a shrub ...
Read more : turmeric | Views : 885 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Who to contact?

I work for the National MS Society. We are in the process of issuing update notices to our referral sites about a change in our URL. Is there someone I can email this communication to directly? I was not sure if you wanted this communication posted in a public forum.

Please advise.
terri.hill@nmss.org
Read more : Who to contact? | Views : 2001 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Support

LC and acidophilus

LC how are you doing now that you're on the acidophilus? any improvement?
Read more : LC and acidophilus | Views : 1022 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Not diagnosed...Yet!

Hey all,

I am so glad to have found this site. I have been reading a bit and see that there are others in the same boat as I am and it makes me feel better that I am not alone in this. :)

I am a 27 year old single mother of 3. About 5 years ago after a car accident my docs did an MRI ...
Read more : Not diagnosed...Yet! | Views : 2308 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Introductions

CBS News Wed. Jan. 17

I don't know if anyone else saw the CBS evening news on Wed. but the subject was the human brain. I think Katie said it was part of a week long series on the topic. The two main subtopics seemed to be brain atrophy due to aging and neuro. diseases such as Altzheimers and dementia. They reported on research that apparently shows that these problems could be slowed down or even reversed. The answer seems ...
Read more : CBS News Wed. Jan. 17 | Views : 1241 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Fantastic MS research summary

This might be my favorite research summary of all time. Nice, brief overview of MS at the beginning, followed by a description of every experimental treatment type and all the representative clinical trials for each type of treatment. A lot to absorb, but worth the effort I think.

http://www.sven-meuth.de/Files/pdf/P15.pdf

Immunotherapeutic Approaches in MS: Update on Pathophysiology and
Emerging Agents or Strategies 2006

Endocrine, Metabolic & Immune Disorders - Drug ...
Read more : Fantastic MS research summary | Views : 2911 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222221 • Total topics 23077 • Total members 14606

Contact us | Terms of Service