It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:59 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Heart Palpatations?

This is my sixth week on Rebif and second week on the 44mcg. I took my shot last night at 8pm, along with an Advilpm, went to bed at 11 and woke up at 1am. I had the usual chills, burning eyes and achy shoulders but as I lay there, I felt my heart beat normally for a few ticks then give a giant thump, this continued for several more hours. I woke my husband ...
Read more : Heart Palpatations? | Views : 4104 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Rebif

Good news????

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site ... ewsLang=en

Opexa Therapeutics to Present at the Cambria Capital Investor Meeting

THE WOODLANDS, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: OPXA), a company dedicated to the development of patient-specific cellular therapies for the treatment of autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis and diabetes, is scheduled to present at the Cambria Capital Investor Meeting in Salt Lake City on Thursday, April 9, 2009 at 3:45 p.m. MST.

Neil K. Warma, ...
Read more : Good news???? | Views : 1688 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Ignore Button

OK, some message boards have this little thing called a "Ignore Button" where if you really get fed up with someone like "Peta Kitty", you simply go to your control panel and add the user name that you no longer wish to read their message, simple as that. What up on the Vbulletin thing? :D
Read more : Ignore Button | Views : 3291 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Suggestions

when the mds and rns just don't like you

This is related to the topic about people not getting it. W hat happens when you can't find the "health team" that the ms society likes to talk about? What do you do when they tell you they "can't understand you" on the phone and insist that you drive 400 miles to see them even though you just saw them the day before? What happens when 99 percent of your questions are answered with a ...
Read more : when the mds and rns just don't like you | Views : 1321 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Allergic Reaction

Hi,

My wife had her (10th I think) infusion today and had a slight allergic reaction immediately after the infusion - red welt on chin and hayfever eyes. Calmed down quickly with anti-histamine and neurologist seemed quite relaxed. (Note apart from this my wife has found tysabri to be great - no relapses, energy back etc).

Does anyone know if an allergic reaction is indicative of antibodies or ? Just not sure if its something ...
Read more : Allergic Reaction | Views : 1960 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Myelin Repair Foundation - Matching funds for Trial

http://myelinrepairfoundation.chipin.co ... ial-for-ms

Fund Our Clinical Trial by June 30
MRF Principal Investigator Steve Miller, Professor of Biomedical Sciences from Northwestern University, has a promising idea for an MS treatment.

In multiple sclerosis, the immune system sees myelin proteins as foreign material and attacks them. Recent research indicates that we may be able to "trick" the immune system into believing that the myelin protein is not a foreign material. ...
Read more : Myelin Repair Foundation - Matching funds for Trial | Views : 1774 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

i start Tysabri on Thursday morning

so i'm set to start Thursday morning 9am and was wondering if there's anything i should do to prep? Any suggestions on 1st infusion?

My best friend is coming with me... and i've taken the day off work to just come home and relax afterwards.

I'm a little worried about side fx.... anyone experienced anything?

Lots and lots of questions... and my nerves are starting to kick in with the clock hitting the less than ...
Read more : i start Tysabri on Thursday morning | Views : 2192 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Probably a dumb Question, But....

On the best Bet Diet, I see that you can make rice milk, ect... But can you actually eat the rice?
Read more : Probably a dumb Question, But.... | Views : 2279 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Diet

What happened to Petakitty?

Hey,

Does anyone know what happened to him? I just noticed all of his posts have been deleted.
Read more : What happened to Petakitty? | Views : 3172 | Replies : 25 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240802 • Total topics 26327 • Total members 17540

Contact us | Terms of Service