It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:33 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Conference in Baltimore

Dear all,

A link to Johns Hopkins PROJECT Restore. Also reference to a conference in Baltimore 19-23 July. Whilst it covers rare neurological problems, MS will also be covered.

Ian

http://hopkinsneuro.org/restore/
Read more : Conference in Baltimore | Views : 891 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

TGN1412

Parexel Drug Trial Had Shortfalls, U.K. Investigation Says

Parexel International Corp., which ran a clinical trial that left six men with multiple organ failure earlier this year, didn't have a doctor with adequate training and experience screening the patients, the U.K. health regulator said.

Parexel, based in Waltham, Massachusetts, failed to ensure that closely held German biotechnology company TeGenero AG, which developed the medicine, had proper insurance to cover the volunteers, the London-based Medicines ...
Read more : TGN1412 | Views : 1171 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Canadians and Vit D

TORONTO (CP) - Sunlight may be the easiest and most natural way to get a health-enhancing dose of vitamin D, but Canadians should know that a little sun goes a long way, says a Canada-U.S. consensus group formed to determine the risks and benefits of exposure to ultraviolet rays.

In what has turned out to be a delicate balancing act, the group is advising that while too much time in the sun raises the risk ...
Read more : Canadians and Vit D | Views : 4764 | Replies : 42 | Forum : General Discussion

Synta

Dignan,

Trials not for MS, but something to keep in mind.

Ian

Synta launches human trials for anti-inflammatory drug

Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. has launched two new midstage human clinical trials to test an anti-inflammatory drug.
The Lexington, Mass.-based private company said it had began dosing patients in two separate Phase II trials regarding the compound apilimod mesylate. One trial will focus on rheumatoid arthritis and the other will target common variable immunodeficiency, a condition ...
Read more : Synta | Views : 1137 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

MS Risk Influenced by Childhood Environment

Multiple Sclerosis Risk Influenced by Childhood Environment

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(CCNMatthews - May 24, 2006) -

Study of children and adults sheds new light on mysterious disease

The Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada announced findings from a Canadian study that shows the risk of MS may be influenced by place of residence during childhood rather than ancestry. The study results were published in a recent edition of Neuroepidemiology.

The study puts into question the belief that MS ...
Read more : MS Risk Influenced by Childhood Environment | Views : 1778 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

B cells

I'm glad to see some research from a reputable source on B cells and MS.

B lineage cells in the inflammatory central nervous system environment: Migration, maintenance, local antibody production, and therapeutic modulation.

Ann Neurol. 2006 May 22;59(6):880-892
Meinl E, Krumbholz M, Hohlfeld R.
Department of Neuroimmunology, Max-Planck-Institute of Neurobiology, Martinsried, Munich, Germany.

B cells have long played an enigmatic role in the scenario of multiple sclerosis pathogenesis. This review summarizes recent progress in our ...
Read more : B cells | Views : 1267 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Here we go.....

This is to document my MS adventure....I hope someone finds it useful/interesting (apart from me!)

History: I was diagnosed in January 2006, at the time suffering some fairly severe difficulties walking, bladder disfunction and fatigue. I lost sensation on on side of my body and in one arm Looking back my first symptoms were in October 2004 when I had some hearing problems in one ear and difficulty passing water.

Currently: All my symptoms have ...
Read more : Here we go..... | Views : 2468 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Regimens

Serum

Dignan,

I think the following can be moved from Phase I to Phase II.

Ian

Cambrex to Produce Serum for Trial

Cambrex to Make Serum for Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Autoimmune Disease Study.

Cambrex Corp. said Tuesday one of its subsidiaries will produce a serum for a Merrimack Pharmaceuticals clinical study on autoimmune disease treatments.

The subsidiary, Cambrex Bio Science Hopkinton Inc., will produce trial quantities of Merrimack's lead drug candidate, MM-093, for the Phase II ...
Read more : Serum | Views : 1300 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Starting treatment

Pros and cons of starting multiple sclerosis treatment early

An editorial accompanying a published debate on the pros and cons of starting treatment early in the course of multiple sclerosis comes down in favor of early treatment for this potentially devastating disease.
This opinion coincides with a consensus paper published by the US National MS Society.

The April issue of the Archives of Neurology features both sides of this debate on early treatment for ...
Read more : Starting treatment | Views : 3325 | Replies : 19 | Forum : General Discussion

MS Web cast

This is from MSWatch.ca.

This web cast on MS produced by the Quebec Division of the MS Society of Canada, will provide insights on multiple sclerosis, the possible causes, the symptoms and the different forms of the disease. This short presentation held by expert panelists is specifically designed for people living with MS, their families and caregivers.

The speakers include:

* Dr. Pierre Duquette, Neurologist, Director of the MS Clinic, Notre-Dame Hospital
* Dr. Jack ...
Read more : MS Web cast | Views : 830 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216434 • Total topics 22113 • Total members 13905