It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:51 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

New Online MS-brain training games

Just found these new online brain-training games for people with MS. If you register it tracks your scores over time. I found I needed to tweak the contrast and invert the colours before I could use it (buttons at the bottom of the screen). See: https://www.mymsmyway.com/index.php
Read more : New Online MS-brain training games | Views : 1526 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

post-surgery hair loss?

Not such a big deal, especially compared to Lew's rash, but anyone else on Coumadin and Plavix noticing that their hair is coming out? I am definitely shedding way more than normal. It's not clumps (at least not yet), and I think it is a not uncommon side effect, but am wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has comments. Thanks.
Read more : post-surgery hair loss? | Views : 1656 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

National Institute for Clinical Excellence in America?

This is what worries me ......

National Public Radio Story (July 21, 2009): 'Comparative Effectiveness' In Health Care Debated

The story mentions the NICE in the UK. I don't know how accurate the story is, but it concerns me that someone could one day decide that ABX, Stents or any other "off-label" therapy is not sufficiently effective in MS. It seems to me that it puts enormous value on the past and enormous hurdles on ...
Read more : National Institute for Clinical Excellence in America? | Views : 1145 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

New application for Walkaide (not MS)

Watch this report (the ad at the beginning is very short). It's pretty amazing.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id= ... ontentBody
Read more : New application for Walkaide (not MS) | Views : 1504 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

crab prices

for what they do you wonder! there is some links to info about the crab your neuro gets you on ..
http://ms.about.com/b/2009/07/21/multip ... s-whoa.htm
Read more : crab prices | Views : 1219 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

couple guestions about tysabri

so just had my second infusion about 10days ago.
everything went well but two days ago i was little sick, i puked two times in the evening and had a little of stomach pain. no fever or anything else.
i dont think that i had eaten anything wrong.
it all was over in the next morning and i felt good again.
and still i feel very good.

i would like to know that is it ...
Read more : couple guestions about tysabri | Views : 1735 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

New Member Says Hi: Lyme and CPn

Hi there,

My name is John and my wife has had "MS" since 2001. Looking for answers as she has steadily got worse has been hard. We tried betaseron to no effect (actually seemed to make the desease more progressive in nature), Steriods (did nothing), LDN no great impact. I started to come to the conclusion that maybe this was not MS so started looking at mis-diagnosis. This led me to Hughes syndrome (tested -ve) ...
Read more : New Member Says Hi: Lyme and CPn | Views : 2319 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Antibiotics

in simple terms...?

hi everyone,

I just came on over from the HiCy board....I see there's a lot of action here - and I want to know more about it.

Can anyone (duh! I know a lot of you can) please explain this to me in plain English? I have the articles and links - will check them out - but am hoping someone can help me out. I want to tell others about it.

I know I ...
Read more : in simple terms...? | Views : 2129 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

My update!

Hi everyone,

Sorry, I haven't been around lately... (and geez, I missed a lot - especially the CCSVI stuff....gonna head over to that board in a minute).

I came home from my second round on May 26th. The treatment went off without a hitch. Once again, I could swear that chemo wasn't in the IV, as I didn't get sick at all. The first night, after the treatment, I was almost nauseous - but not ...
Read more : My update! | Views : 4722 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 245064 • Total topics 26952 • Total members 17978

Contact us | Terms of Service