It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:18 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

I can't remember if this has been posted before. For anybody interested in parasites and how they might be relevant to MS, this publication might be interesting...
Read more : Parasites | Views : 1425 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Newbie here & at the end of my rope!!!

Hi everyone! I have been struggling for over a year with all kinds of weird symptoms, and finally saw the neuro today. He says I "might" have ms, but more tests are needed. Enough with the tests already!!! My MRI shows 25 lesions located in the periventricular white matter in the subcortical region, and all blood work is normal. My symptoms are as follows: severe ear pain with face numbness, weak right arm, chronically tired, ...
Read more : Newbie here & at the end of my rope!!! | Views : 2619 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Anyone using enzymes? Lumbrokinase? Serrapeptase? Nattokina

I started using one enzyme, a fibrinolytic, called lumbrokinase about a month ago and 2 weeks later added serrapeptase, a proteolytic and fibrinolytic. Since adding the serrapeptase my symptoms have felt rather worse although a new symptom, twitching finger, has almost stopped. I'm imagining that these enzymes are munching through the debris around my lesions but of course they might not be doing anything at all and it could just be the MS playing havoc ...
Read more : Anyone using enzymes? Lumbrokinase? Serrapeptase? Nattokina | Views : 2740 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Natural Approach

No one has posted on this forum for almost a year so I'm not even sure if anyone will read this but I'm writing it for my benefit so I don't suppose an audiance is required. I'm 24. I was Diagnossed with MS in late Aug. of this year. My right hand (right hand dominent) basically fell asleep one morning and didn't wake up- for 2 months. Like almost all things untreated and ignored it ...
Read more : Hello... | Views : 4159 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Under 25 with MS

I posted a similar article last week, but this was posted on the NMSS website today. ... h_2007nov5

The abstract:

Prof Giovannoni in the UK is also looking at the role of EBV and MS and is being funded by the UK MS Society (there are similar funded projects in Australia and the US).

Prof Compston, who with Dr Coles are ...
Read more : EBV / MS | Views : 3695 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

What does this mean?

I had an MRI 10 days ago. My Neuro called today and said no new lesions, but the ones you have are more prominent now. Does "more prominent" mean anything? I'm so confused, please explain if you can.

Read more : What does this mean? | Views : 1404 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Immune state after HDC ?

Assuming all your immune system (IS) gets wiped out and reconstructed from the scratch. I think its very improtant for the patients safety to question:
What will the features of the new IS be?

- Will one be vulnerable to childs disseases again, which are much more dangerous (even potentially fatal) to adults (measles, roseola etc).
- Will one have to repeate all relevant vaccinations?
- Will one catch one cold after the other like ...
Read more : Immune state after HDC ? | Views : 2951 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Birth order and MS

Just an FYI-I am the youngest and my older brothers do not have MS. Wondering where others fall in the birth chain.

A new Canadian study suggests that the youngest children in a family are not less likely than older siblings to develop multiple sclerosis (MS).
This is contrary to the “hygiene hypothesis” whereby being too clean is not a good thing.

According to this theory, infections at an early age train the immune system ...
Read more : Birth order and MS | Views : 1552 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

MS and Menopause

I need some advice from others that have been thru this. I'm 47 years old and sometimes I think I'm losing it...not sure if it is the MS or menopause. I'm dealing with emotions, hot flashes, insomnia, etc. How have other ladies on this site coped with this? I'm hot all the time and we all know what impact that has on MS. Do I need to be on estrogen? Thanks for listening.... ...
Read more : MS and Menopause | Views : 1792 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Article on research by Michael J Fox

It would be nice to think that this article by Michael J Fox would prick a few consciences, and lead to a shift in the structure of funding and medical research:

<shortened url>
Read more : Article on research by Michael J Fox | Views : 1879 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228633 • Total topics 24190 • Total members 15482

Contact us | Terms of Service