It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:25 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Another drug

Wake up Dignan, Christmas is over!
Another drug in early stages - sounds a bit like Tovaxin.

Ian

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j751330200&w=464753
Read more : Another drug | Views : 1368 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

MedImmune

MedImmune In-Licenses Novel Inflammatory Disease Target
Dec 28 2006, 12:54 PM EST
GEN News Highlights

MedImmune obtained the rights to develop and commercialize Japan Tobacco’s (JT) preclinical antibody drug candidate for the treatment of certain inflammatory diseases. Under the license agreement, MedImmune will develop JT’s Mab targeting pathways within the CD28 receptor family.

JT’s Mab aims to inhibit a receptor believed to play a key role in controlling adaptive immune responses, called inducible-costimulator (ICOS). Through ...
Read more : MedImmune | Views : 1256 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

ABC Primetime-Medical Mysteries show

ABC Primetime-Medical Mysteries will air an episode about the possible MS/Lyme connection on Jan 10th at 10p.m. EST.

This was posted on CPn Help by a man who has been treated for his MS very successfully with antibiotics and who happens to share doctors with my husband.

Could be interesting viewing.
Read more : ABC Primetime-Medical Mysteries show | Views : 1576 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

wikipirates

hey someone is cleaning up after me on wikipedia. and by cleaning up i mean completely deleting. particularly where i point out things like: that such and such company's trial pharmaceutical product is actually just something that raises serum uric acid which you can do by eating certain foods. howdya like them apples.
Read more : wikipirates | Views : 1525 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

T cell research

T For Two: Scientists Show How Immune System Chooses Best Way To Fight Infection 27 December 2006

A new study has suggested a novel way of combating diseases related to the immune system, including cancer and autoimmune diseases such as type I diabetes and arthritis. The study, funded by the Wellcome Trust, appears online in the journal Nature.

T cells are produced by the body to fight infection. Scientists previously identified two types of ...
Read more : T cell research | Views : 4724 | Replies : 47 | Forum : General Discussion

hi

i am in a wheelchair, not many drugs help me now but i enjoy reading how they help others, the worst part about this is the progression, seems like its every day, you just deal with one problem and another is just around the corner, anyway hope you don't mind me just looking. :wink:
Read more : hi | Views : 1424 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Yearly follow-up exam

Hello,

I have a question that has probably already been answered somewhere on this website. I recently went to the doctor for a yearly follow-up exam and MRI that did not turn out as well as I would have hoped. I can't stop thinking about it. I am currently taking one of the approved crab drugs. My question is how can a study be done stating that any drug can delay progression of RRMS when ...
Read more : Yearly follow-up exam | Views : 1304 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

LDN Danger? anybody had muscle damage and raised ck levels?

Urgent Question: Has anyone had any experience of low dose naltrexone raising their ck (creatine kinase) levels? I've finally persuaded my doctor to let me try LDN, and 10 days after starting I had a regular 3-monthly blood test that I have for other medical screening purposes, and it showed elevated ck levels, suggesting muscle damage is happening. I'm having a re-test next week, but before then I'm trying to find out if this is ...
Read more : LDN Danger? anybody had muscle damage and raised ck levels? | Views : 3656 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Intro-Myelin Repair Foundation

Good Day:

I wanted to introduce myself. I am with the Myelin Repair Foundation. I am the Volunteer Area Director for Colorado.

When you have a moment, please review our website below and take a peek at the interactive "launch video" on main page and play. It will help describe the foundation's purpose and little background for you. We have some recent news and updates which are featured on the left hand screen of the ...
Read more : Intro-Myelin Repair Foundation | Views : 1494 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Esperanza Peptide

Does anyone have any input on the science behind this?

http://www.esperanzapeptide.net/home.php
Read more : Esperanza Peptide | Views : 1902 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221787 • Total topics 23031 • Total members 14554

Contact us | Terms of Service