It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:24 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

More EBV research

More research on EBV and MS.

Ian

<shortened url>
Read more : More EBV research | Views : 1062 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Rituxan Problems?

Just saw this article from Reuters re: PML showing up in a couple of Rituxan patients. Although the drug has been used for about 8 years with supposedly good safety results, one has to wonder why PML has decided to all of a sudden show up. I would hope that those MS patients involved in clinical trials with Rituxan will be closely monitored.

Harry

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Two lupus patients died from a rare ...
Read more : Rituxan Problems? | Views : 1672 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Lamotrigine

Has anyone tried or thought of trying Lamotrigine? It's in trials at present for MS for neuro-protection etc., but is a drug normally taken for epilepsy and bi-polar.
Phil.
Read more : Lamotrigine | Views : 6618 | Replies : 32 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

The score: HERV 1 - HHV6 0

It's looking more and more to me like HHV6 either plays nothing more than a triggering role in MS, or is a red herring.

Brains and peripheral blood mononuclear cells of multiple sclerosis (MS) patients hyperexpress MS-associated retrovirus/HERV-W endogenous retrovirus, but not Human herpesvirus 6.

J Gen Virol. 2007 Jan;88(Pt 1):264-74.
Mameli G, Astone V, Arru G, Marconi S, Lovato L, Serra C, Sotgiu S, Bonetti B, Dolei A.
Section of Microbiology, Department of Biomedical ...
Read more : The score: HERV 1 - HHV6 0 | Views : 1922 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Anyone - T-Cell Vaccination (Sheba Medical Center) trial?

We have seen that we have quite a few people here that are in the Phase IIb Tovaxin Trial, but I haven't read of anyone who is in the Phase III "T-Cell Vaccination (Sheba Medical Center)".

I would expect that the Phase III trial would be bigger, and therefore there would be more of us in it. Anyone?
Read more : Anyone - T-Cell Vaccination (Sheba Medical Center) trial? | Views : 1912 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Hi Everyone

Hi. My name is Terri. I am 46 and was diagnosed in June.
I am having a hard time accepting this. I spend so much time wondering what caused this.
Not much support here. My husband is in total denial. It's nice to meet you all, even though I wish we didn'y *need* to be here.
Read more : Hi Everyone | Views : 1601 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Introductions

Next book

Niko has picked

The cat who could read backwards by Lilian Jackson Braun
Book Description
The most unlikely, most unusual and most delightful team in detective fiction return in another purrfectly extraordinary mystery

Synopsis
A stabbing in an art gallery, vandalised paintings, a fatal fall - this is not what Jim Qwilleran expects when he turns his reportorial talents to art. But with his partner, Koko the Siamese cat, he sniffs out clues and confounds ...
Read more : Next book | Views : 2762 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Reading Nook

The Risk Pool, Richard Russo

Well I must put my hand up and admit that I didnt get through this book! I've been trying to think why not. Of the bits I've read, about a third, I enjoyed Richard Russo's style of writng quite gentle and relaxed; I found the subject matter interesting and from a perspective and way of life (small town provincial) I had never thought about before. There is some humour, not side-splitting stuff but some passages ...
Read more : The Risk Pool, Richard Russo | Views : 2843 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Reading Nook

Pain neuron malfunction, diabetes and autoimmunity

Hi all.

I have come across this story:

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news ... =63970&p=1

According to the researchers, pain neuron malfunction seems to be the cause of type I diabetes. Injecting a substance correcting the problem cured diabetes in mice within a night! The authors suggest that the same mechanism could be the cause of type II diabetes, Crohn's and MS.

Well, it is quite surprising that a study links pain neurotransmitters, ...
Read more : Pain neuron malfunction, diabetes and autoimmunity | Views : 2021 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Reading At Work.

Hi all,i tend to read at work,well in my van as i'm a mobile service engineer when the physical fatigue kicks in which is normally after a couple of hours.I don't read over fast especially when the vision starts to go dodgy in the afternoon.
I go for the sci fi,horror,fantasy stuff which is generally an easy read.I started to read Dean Koontz but i've got a bit fed up of him.
I've just finished ...
Read more : Reading At Work. | Views : 2890 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Reading Nook

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221718 • Total topics 23018 • Total members 14546

Contact us | Terms of Service