It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:23 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

twitching eye-lid

Awhile ago I posted about weakness in my right eyelid. That's still a constant.

Now, for the last two weeks my *left* eyelid twitches. Perhaps about 20 seconds at a time. But it happens so very, very often during the day.

Today, my husband was able to catch a glimpse of it in action. He said that the movement seemed to come from the the middle of the eyelid and the eyelid moved up and ...
Read more : twitching eye-lid | Views : 15523 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

BBB / global disease

Dear all,

The UK MS Society recently profiled the work of Prof John Greenwood whose work focuses on the BBB.

<shortened url>

By coincidence, I came across the following research on the BBB.

<shortened url>

It got me thinking about whether MS was a global disease of the CNS rather than a focal disease based on lesions etc. I e-mailed one of my neuros who responded -

You are correct that MS is a generalized ...
Read more : BBB / global disease | Views : 940 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

I eliminated my post

I eliminated my post
Read more : I eliminated my post | Views : 6184 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Natural Approach

Rituxan update

I know this is probably supposed to be a positive article on Rituxan but it kinds of scares me with all the adverse reaction info. Still we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Rituxan is effective in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis

A Phase II study of Rituximab ( Rituxan ) for relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis ( RRMS ) met its primary endpoint.
The study of 104 patients showed a statistically significant reduction in the total number ...
Read more : Rituxan update | Views : 1351 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Very interesting ECTRIMS Abstract

After careful consideration, this abstract gets my vote for most interesting news from ECTRIMS 2006. To cut to the chase, this small study showed a reduction in annual relapse rate sustained over 5 years of 87.5% (from an average of 1.0 per year to an average of 0.125 per year)! The other good news is they say they have the funding to do a phase II trial.

Immunomodulation - Part I

Thursday, September 28, 2006, ...
Read more : Very interesting ECTRIMS Abstract | Views : 1727 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Mitox and copaxone

A combo treatment for aggressive RR. This is the same combo that is being trialled in the UK after good results reported earlier this year.

No mention of EDSS. But this doesn't seem to matter to researchers - it's the number of relapses, reduction in Gd enhancing lesions etc that's important! Then they can generate lots of statistical data and avoid the real question - did the patient get any better?

Very Active Multiple Sclerosis ...
Read more : Mitox and copaxone | Views : 937 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Tysabri research

http://www.biogenidec.com/site/019_0.ht ... PR_143.htm

I would love to get my hands around the neck of the bastard who dreamt up this disease. As if physical disability wasn't bad enough they had to throw in cognitive problems!

Ian
Read more : Tysabri research | Views : 1442 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Symadex Reverses EAE

Lucky mice... again.

Xanthus' Symadex Can Reverse Disease in Preclinical Multiple Sclerosis Animal Model
Thursday September 28, 9:30 am ET
- Results Presented at the 22nd Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis -

CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Sept. 28 /PRNewswire/ -- Xanthus Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a privately-held drug development company, today presented data that Symadex(TM) reverses the clinical and pathological signs of chronic disease in an animal model for multiple sclerosis (MS). ...
Read more : Symadex Reverses EAE | Views : 1348 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219621 • Total topics 22672 • Total members 14285

Contact us | Terms of Service