It is currently Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:01 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Kaleidascope/blind spot in right eye

Hi
I'm 11 weeks pregnant and have been doing great so far, MS-wise.

Just noticed with shock that I can't see properly in my right eye.
At first I thought I'd looked at something that had dazzled my eye, then I realised the vision is gone in a small central spot.
Then all around the spot it's gone like a moving kaleidascope.....very exciting altogether 8O (not!).

Now ...
Read more : Kaleidascope/blind spot in right eye | Views : 4452 | Replies : 29 | Forum : General Discussion

water exercise device

hi all,

i've been attempting to exercise again with some hits and misses. awhile back, i thought i saw a posting or a link regarding a equipment to wear while trying to do some cardio while in the pool. does anyone have any info on it or other pool/water cardio equipment?

thanks in advance,

tol
Read more : water exercise device | Views : 1428 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

New member from Central Florida

Uh . . . well - - i am a 37 year old stay-at-home Mom who was diagnosed on July 2 although I have had MS for 3+ years. Oops, screaming two year old running past computer . . . must catch!
Read more : New member from Central Florida | Views : 1525 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Skin lesions with CAP?

Has anyone noticed an increase in skin lesions like warts since they have been on antibiotics?
Read more : Skin lesions with CAP? | Views : 1798 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Antibiotics

MS burden of disease

Hi to all,

Does anyone have statistics on the burden of disease for MS? That is, what is the dollar cost to society for someone with MS -- lost wages, medical care, etc.
Read more : MS burden of disease | Views : 1339 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

neurons from embryonic stem cells

Another good step in the process of figuring out stem cells:

Functioning Neurons From Human Embryonic Stem Cells Produced

10 August 2007 -- Scientists with the Institute of Stem Cell Biology and Medicine at UCLA were able to produce from human embryonic stem cells a highly pure, large quantity of functioning neurons that will allow them to create models of and study diseases such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Multiple Sclerosis, prefrontal dementia and schizophrenia, etc.

Researchers ...
Read more : neurons from embryonic stem cells | Views : 1277 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Have anyone used Botox for Spasticity

Hi,

I recently found this article in MSRC website

http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=show&pageid=1829&CFID=3680312&CFTOKEN=72765621

Also our neurologist had suggested that Botox is a very good treatment for people with severe Spasticity & said that one dosage would be enough for a patient to be free of Spasticity for up to 6 months.

I would like to know the experience of others in case if they had used Botox

Thanks in Advance,
Gopi
Read more : Have anyone used Botox for Spasticity | Views : 1503 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

European patent for Tovaxin !

Quoted from Marketwatch.com : Opexa required european patent for Tovaxin, and M. CEO seems to be interested in european development of Tovaxin. Maybe a hope for a clinical trial in Europe soon ?

<shortened url>
Read more : European patent for Tovaxin ! | Views : 1884 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Interesting Tysabri analysis

I came across this blog that gives a good, easy to read analysis of Tysabri. Despite the conflict of interest, it is very fair.

http://doodah95.blogspot.com/
Read more : Interesting Tysabri analysis | Views : 1938 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 226715 • Total topics 23881 • Total members 15154

Contact us | Terms of Service