It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:09 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Neuroprotectants 2005-2020

Drugs from Astrazeneca/Renovis and Sanofi-Aventis Have the Potential to Revolutionize the Treatment of Several Neurologic Indications

Tuesday September 5, 8:00 am ET

New Drug Launches Will Propel Neuroprotectant Sales to Nearly $3 Billion in 2020, According to a New Report from Decision Resources

WALTHAM, Mass., Sept. 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources, Inc., one of the world's leading research and advisory firms for pharmaceutical and healthcare issues, finds that neuroprotectants, including drugs from AstraZeneca/Renovis and Sanofi-Aventis, ...
Read more : Neuroprotectants 2005-2020 | Views : 1126 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

novantrone

My doctor wants me to start Novantrone. I am a little leary about this. It has some pretty sacry side feects. My doctor old me that he had some patients try LSN and none of them found it to be helpful. Anyone that has tried or is on Novantrone, I would apprecaite comments.
Read more : novantrone | Views : 3262 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Medicare part B

I have read all posts and have not found the answer to my question. Maybe, somebody here knows.

Medicare part "B" will cover Ty. How much of the 2,8?? will they pay? The infusion center will also charge. Is that covered?

Pete
Read more : Medicare part B | Views : 1850 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

copaxone with abx and other questions

I think this has already been addressed, but just to clarify: is there any reason the abx protocol can't be intiated while also on copaxone? Are there any contraindications or other reasons why this would not be advisable?

A little background: I was dx in Dec. '03 at age 34 (but had symptoms at least 7 years prior). Tried avonex and it was a disaster. Did copaxone for 5 months and then went off to ...
Read more : copaxone with abx and other questions | Views : 1961 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Antibiotics

Working with MS

Hi,

We just made our latest free educational booklet available via PDF. It's called 'Working with Multiple Sclerosis'. It was written by one of our supporters who coaches people with chronic illnesses (and has MS herself). It covers issues and tips for dealing with a career when you have MS (although most of it would apply to any chronic illness).

You can get it here:
http://www.acceleratedcure.org/downloads/acp-workingwithms.pdf

- Art
Read more : Working with MS | Views : 1239 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

I'm new on here

Hi I'm dynomite and I have MS. had symptoms since 1996 been diagnosed since 2001 been in awheelchair since 2004
Read more : I'm new on here | Views : 1605 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Double blind trials / placebo arm

Just something that has been bothering me from when i was on rebif.

The CRABS generally have noticeable side effects, and have all been tested in double blind, placebo controlled trials.

How do they ensure that the recipients dont KNOW they are getting the actual CRAB? for example, when I took rebif, i suffered from flu like reactions. Therefore, i think if i was in the placebo arm of a rebif trial, i would pretty ...
Read more : Double blind trials / placebo arm | Views : 1505 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Opexa

Hi everyone,
Not really sure what this means but Opexa is the company that is researching Tovaxin. I am hoping that this means more money for them which I hope will go towards research and marketing of the drug? Anyone with some stock market background that could clarify?
NN

<shortened url>
Read more : Opexa | Views : 1302 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218785 • Total topics 22550 • Total members 14199