It is currently Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:44 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Small HDC trial results

Chris, is this the same group at JH that did your treatment?

Its only a small group of 9 MS patients with aggressive MS followed for up to 24 month. But a 39% average improvemt in EDSS sounds promising.
Trial results

--Frank
Read more : Small HDC trial results | Views : 5774 | Replies : 35 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Immunesystem monitoring tool

This one might be important for MS basic research:
http://www.primidi.com/2008/06/09.html#a2210

--Frank
Read more : Immunesystem monitoring tool | Views : 1304 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

More statin research

I think this suggests that statins might have a positive effect.

<shortened url>
Read more : More statin research | Views : 3877 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Statins

New

I'm new and just wanted to introduce myself. I was diagnosed in September 1999 when I was 22. I have PPMS. My symptoms have been a slow progression over the last 8-1/2 years. I use a cane now.

I am 30 now and just looking to make friends with those who understand the hardships of having MS.
Read more : New | Views : 1482 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Nice story

This is a nice story - this guy was diagnosed the same time as me (4 years ago). It was 27C (80F) in London yesterday. I went out for a 30 mins on my mountain bike - something I couldn't have done 2 years ago. Not quiet as impressive as winning a golf tournament - but being almost back to normal is priceless.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 083129.ece

Ian
Read more : Nice story | Views : 2184 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Symptoms...

This seems to ring true with me from time to time... :roll:

Read more : Symptoms... | Views : 1765 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Humor

SCT India

I thought there was this topic from a couple of weeks back but I can't find it.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nation ... 0093.story
Read more : SCT India | Views : 1667 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

European Neurological Society Meeting

The European Neurological Society is in the midst of their annual meeting and it looks like there are numerous presentations on a variety of MS topics.

This is a link to the meeting. And here's a link to search the scientific programme . I just couldn't get a decent link to all the MS abstracts. :roll:

Sharon
Read more : European Neurological Society Meeting | Views : 1611 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Influence

While not infecting all doctors, there is certainly an epidemic of influence (aka "educational expenses") by the pharmaceutical companies on doctor's practices...

Read more : Influence | Views : 1530 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233865 • Total topics 25116 • Total members 16297

Contact us | Terms of Service