It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:26 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Crazy Horses

This measage is on Alan Osmond's website:

Help is on the way!

Yes, Alan Osmond will be joining The Argyll Group from California in announcing a wonderful new product for those who suffer with Diabetic Neuropathy and Multiple Sclerosis. Alan and Suzanne Osmond with their One Heart Foundation and The Argyll Group, the ones responsible for getting this product funded and available, will soon be making an announcement so they can help “Strengthen Families” physically! ...
Read more : Crazy Horses | Views : 1354 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

MS as a vascular disease

I haven't heard of anyone looking at MS this way before...

Multiple sclerosis as a vascular disease.

Neurol Res. 2006 Apr;28(3):230-5.
Minagar A, Jy W, Jimenez JJ, Alexander JS.
Department of Neurology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA 71130, USA.

Multiple sclerosis (MS) has traditionally been viewed and researched as an immune-mediated disease with principal emphasis on the role of activated inflammatory cells, oligodendrocytes and astrocytes in its pathogenesis. Abnormalities of cerebral endothelial ...
Read more : MS as a vascular disease | Views : 7028 | Replies : 33 | Forum : General Discussion

Blue Brain project

This project could lead to the most significant advances in our understanding of the brain. One way or another that should be good for MS research.

Blueprinting the human brain

CNET News.com - May 10, 2006 - A 3D computer simulation of 10,000 neurons firing in the human brain produces a terabyte of data--a fraction of what it would take to map the brain's billions of neurons in algorithms.

That's according to Henry Markham, a ...
Read more : Blue Brain project | Views : 805 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Head to head

The following story is from the Boston Cure Project today.

One has to agree with Art's comment at the end.

Ian

"A two year open-label study comparing Betaseron (called Betaferon in Europe) and Avonex found no substantial differences in relapse rates, time to first relapse, progression of disability, and neutralizing antibody development".

Can we stop spending money on studies of the existing drugs and start looking at some new ones, now?"
Read more : Head to head | Views : 1183 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

AlphaRX

AlphaRx Enters a Collaboration to Develop Novel Compounds for Central Nervous System Disorders

AlphaRx and PharmaSeed Collaborate to Develop New Drugs From a New Class of Small Molecules for the Potential Treatment of Central Nervous System Disorders Such as Stroke and Multiple Sclerosis.

AlphaRx Inc., an emerging biopharmaceutical company, announced today that it has entered into a collaboration with PharmaSeed Ltd. of Israel, a bio-pharmaceutical company specializing in drug discovery and early development phases for ...
Read more : AlphaRX | Views : 1030 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

acne, cytokines, interferons - related?

Our acne started to really breakout when we got on avonex. it's still not under control. I've noticed that there are some reports in the net that imply that there is a relationship between acne and cytokines. Has anyone else had this problem?

futher along, does anyone know of any articles about this?

and, do Copaxone users have this issue? napay

ps: we have asked the Neuro and he says it's not related. we asked ...
Read more : acne, cytokines, interferons - related? | Views : 1338 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Winter_2006_Progress_Summary from MRF

I had mailed Myelin Reasearch Foundation (MRF) about their winter progress update on research, since i didn't find them on their website. They replied within a day. Below is their response.

I was not able to upload the PDF document they had mailed me, so i am just adding the contents by copy & paste
-------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Gopi,

I'm responding to your inquiry about research progress updates. We are having trouble updating our website, so ...
Read more : Winter_2006_Progress_Summary from MRF | Views : 1173 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

MS New Insights and Trends

A lengthy read, but worthwhile.

Multiple Sclerosis: New Insights and Trends
M. Inglesea

From the Department of Radiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY

Address correspondence to Matilde Inglese, MD, PhD, Department of Radiology, New York University School of Medicine, 650 First Ave, 6th floor, New York, NY 10016

Introduction

The past few years have witnessed major advancements in our ability to diagnose multiple sclerosis (MS) and begin treatments that can favorably ...
Read more : MS New Insights and Trends | Views : 1106 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Epratuzumab

Another one that's in phase III for lupus and they are talking about testing in other autoimmune diseases, including MS.

Immunomedics licenses drug to UCB

MAY. 10 - Business Week - Shares of Immunomedics Inc. jumped Wednesday when the biotech company said it agreed to license its lead product to Belgian biotech drug maker UCB for the treatment of immune system diseases.

Immunomedics shares rose 42 cents, or almost 15 percent, to $3.28 in morning ...
Read more : Epratuzumab | Views : 1413 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216343 • Total topics 22112 • Total members 13904