It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:55 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Revimmune Testimonial and Questions Answered!

This man sent me an email the other day trying to ease my fears about the treatment. I was able to ask him a ton of questions. Here is the email and the questions. Feel free to ask any questions!

I have read many of your blogs on THISISMS and then I went to your website. After reading all of your material you appear to be extremely proactive in dealing with this disease. I ...

An LDN question, that's been bugging me for a while..

Hi there,
I'm not particularly an LDN sceptic (I'd take it if I had PPMS,after all there's nothing else right now), but there is a point that's been bugging me for quite some time.

Is there any clinical proof that LDN can't be taken with interferons?

Now, I'm asking this because in the UK, the main LDN prescribing doctors hold this view. The CRAB drugs have only been widely available in the UK since 2002, ...
Read more : An LDN question, that's been bugging me for a while.. | Views : 1121 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Injecting in shoulder

I was wondering if anyone here rotates their shoulders into their injection routine, and whether they use the 1 and 1/4 inch needle or the 1 inch (or anything else). Im thinking about getting my arms into the rotation since I feel as though my legs can use a longer break between shots.

Im receiving the shorter needles this week just in case I decide to do it in the arm. Im still not to ...
Read more : Injecting in shoulder | Views : 2843 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Avonex

Any thoughts on diets and MS?

Hi gang,

I'm wondering what the take on affecting MS by modifying your diet is?

My sister, who is big on natural cures and such, gave me a copy of a book (Healing Multiple Sclerosis) by Ann Boroch that claims MS is caused by overgrowth of Candida albicans in the gut. She also claims that by modifing your diet to reduce its presence, you can actually "cure" your MS.

I'm skeptical at best. Anyone seen ...
Read more : Any thoughts on diets and MS? | Views : 2212 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

500 mcg Betaseron trial fails

I guess this isn't a big deal, but it's never nice to have a trial fail...

BEYOND study: Results do not support regulatory filing for Betaferon 500 mcg

October 29, 2007 – Bayer Schering Pharma today announced top line results from the BEYOND (Betaferon Efficacy Yielding Outcomes of a New Dose) study, a large randomized trial of patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS) to investigate the efficacy, tolerability and safety of a 500 mcg dose ...
Read more : 500 mcg Betaseron trial fails | Views : 1700 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

New method for gene therapy

A large number of genes has been implicated in the pathology of MS, and it might not be too long before we're ready to start trying to repair some of them. However, delivering them and maintaining their function has been a major hurdle, but now headway is being made in solving that particular problem:
Public release date: 25-Oct-2007

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
New study shows that ...
Read more : New method for gene therapy | Views : 1087 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Side effects...

Read more : Side effects... | Views : 2126 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Humor

Another one bites the dust

Hi everyone. I am new here- diagnosed spring of 2006. Diagnosis was quick and I have since learned that this is indeed a blessing. No numerous trips in search of answers for me.
I just came across this site, and am amazed at the level of knowledge here. I am also amazed at all the treatments! I didn't know there were so many.
Of couse I wish I didn't need to be here, but since ...
Read more : Another one bites the dust | Views : 4715 | Replies : 27 | Forum : Introductions

Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes

I am halfway through Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes and think it expresses ideas very important to our general health, as well as MS in particular (tho he does not mention "MS", but speaks of "chronic disease")

Starting in his prologue, he writes: "One consequence of this sub-specialization of modern medicine is the belief, often cited in the lay press, that the causes of obesity and the common chronic diseases are complex and ...
Read more : Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes | Views : 3286 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Reading Nook

Antibiotic resistance in Chlamydia pneumoniae?

The possible development of antibiotic resistance in Chlamydia pneumoniae

This is often a cause of deep concern for those who begin combined antibiotics to eradicate a chronic infection with C. pneumoniae. There are many good reasons why the development of resistance in C. pneumoniae is likely to be a rarity provided an appropriate antichlamydial combination is used. Here is a list of such reasons:

A new page on David's site which should put many ...
Read more : Antibiotic resistance in Chlamydia pneumoniae? | Views : 2111 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Antibiotics

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228581 • Total topics 24183 • Total members 15476

Contact us | Terms of Service