It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:06 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Nyquil

Anyone else have any strange reactions after taking this stuff?
Read more : Nyquil | Views : 1627 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

I Started an MS Blog

Well, it's actually an "MS blog" as well as a "wheelchair blog" as well as a "me blog". But I guess that's what blogging is all about.

The response to the video I posted last week was so positive that it pushed me to finally enter the blogosphere, something I've resisted for a long time.

Please check it out, and tell me what you think.

www.WheelchairKamikaze.com
Read more : I Started an MS Blog | Views : 1901 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Another exacerbation

Hi everyone,

Well, I hate having to report this, but it appears I am in another exacerbation. This is my second once since treatment in July. As you know, the first was in December and according to the MRI there was activity.

I saw my local neurologist on Friday...and according to the exam and symptoms present, it definitely appears to be a new exacerbation and not just continued from December.

I have weakness/numbness on the ...
Read more : Another exacerbation | Views : 2044 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

95% sure i'm choosing Tysabri

Hello everyone,

in the midst of a relapse right now (haven't had symptoms or meds since 2006)

My neuro think Tysabri would be the best option for me since i've had bad experiences with other therapies.

I'm still scared of possible risks vs. benefits... but need to start thinking long term.

Any comments? experiences (good and bad)?

Many thanks,
Meegs
Read more : 95% sure i'm choosing Tysabri | Views : 2859 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

new (again) to RRMS

Hi,
Was diagnosed in 2004 with RRMS and was on a few therapies until 2006 when i stopped (felt fine)

Was feeling fine up until a few weeks ago when symptoms started to return. Neuro says i'm having a relapse... and its like being diagnosed all over again

:(

Now looking to start another therapy.. neuro suggests Tysabri is my best option.

Just wanted to say hi ...
Read more : new (again) to RRMS | Views : 1604 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Introductions

Laugh For Me !!!

I was feeling spunky the other day. Did not take the ski poles I use to walk because I just felt good. Can't run but thought I would kick up my heals a bit. So only a few yards from the house I try a little trot. The outcome was not good. I fell like tall timber face first in the cow poop compost my wife had just spread in a patch of lawn that ...
Read more : Laugh For Me !!! | Views : 1514 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Humor

Here Goes....

FINALLY!!!!!

Recent History: Five days in the hospital after having a droopy left face.... Five doctors come to my room and tell me they think "Bells Palsy". One neurologist comes by and says MS. The neurologist says "come by my office in 10 days and we will have the results of the spinal tap and I can give you medicine."
From the 10th day to the 17th day after the hospital:
I call once a ...
Read more : Here Goes.... | Views : 1281 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Ice Cold water

Hi all,
My feet have been numb for 5 days (the tops of them as opposed to the underneath) anyway I decided to stick them in ice cold water twice for 10 mins and the numbness seems to be wearing off a bit (even if it only lasts for an hour or 2 I am happy I have had some sort of effect)

Anyone else tried cold water for relieving numbness/symptoms?

L
Read more : Ice Cold water | Views : 1423 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Natural History

I had looked for the original study this was a follow up to recently and could not find it so wanted to post it here when I stumbled across this follow up study today:

Pittock SJ, Mayr WT, McClelland RL, Jorgensen NW, Weigand SD, Noseworthy JH, Rodriguez M.
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA. rodriguez.moses@mayo.edu

OBJECTIVE: To assess whether the level of multiple sclerosis (MS) -related disability ...
Read more : Natural History | Views : 4437 | Replies : 44 | Forum : General Discussion

LDN update

I started 3mg's of ldn Feb. 13th and increased to 4.5 mg's on Feb 20th. From about day 3, I started to notice an increase in energy and strangely, that energy increased daily almost to the point that I could time the daily uptick.
As for other improvements, I have noticed no changes in pain or spasticity. But hey, energy is good!
By the way, on or around day 4, I almost stopped because the ...
Read more : LDN update | Views : 3104 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 239708 • Total topics 26174 • Total members 17435

Contact us | Terms of Service