It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:29 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Response from MRF regarding Remyelination

Hi,

Thought i would share this info to other. I had mailed my question to MRF & got the response back from them. Please find below my question & the response from MRF

My Question:

As per my understanding, in people's with demyelinated CNS after a period of time scarring occurs on top of the demyelinated areas, Which I belive is called as "plauges".

During the remyelinating process developed by MRF, will this "scarred or ...
Read more : Response from MRF regarding Remyelination | Views : 1135 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

More good news for mice

Natural, soy-based substance might help fight MS, Jefferson neuroscientists find 12 December 2006

A natural substance made from soy appears to have amazing restorative powers when given to animals with a multiple sclerosis (MS)-like disease.
Using an animal model of MS, neurologists at Jefferson Medical College found that giving doses of a substance called Bowmann-Birk Inhibitor Concentrate (BBIC) dramatically improved the animals’ ability to move and walk. The scientists, led by A. M. Rostami, ...
Read more : More good news for mice | Views : 1508 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

new formulation rebif

Serono Announces Initiation of the Reflex Trial to Evaluate New Formulation of Rebif(R) in Patients at Risk of Developing Multiple Sclerosis 12 December 2006
First Trial Assessing Therapeutic Benefit of Two Different Dosage Regimens of Disease Modifying Therapy in People With First Clinical Symptoms Suggesting Multiple Sclerosis.
Serono announced today the initiation of a Phase III clinical trial to evaluate the effect of two dosage regimens of the new formulation of Rebif(R) (interferon beta-1a 44 ...
Read more : new formulation rebif | Views : 2151 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Rebif

Serrapeptase and MS

Hi all.

I have recently come across an enzyme called serrapeptase. It is said that it has very strong anti-inflammatory properties. I have searched the site for more information on it but I have only found this thread containing just a couple of posts, dated almost two years ago.

http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-821-previous.html

I was wondering whether somebody else has ever tried it on MS. It seems compatible with the CRABs and ...
Read more : Serrapeptase and MS | Views : 2790 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Opexa Presentation

I felt that this was a good place to repost this information. The presentation, given by David McWilliams (Opexa CEO) on October 31, 2006 at the Towbin Life Sciences Investor Conference in New York, was freely accessible on the web. It has been converted to an easy to read and print pdf format. It's now available at http://www.msu.edu/~lyonro/Opexa06.pdf for the time being as Lyon has graciously offered to host ...
Read more : Opexa Presentation | Views : 2201 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

T-Cell Vacine & Tovaxin

A quick question to get this all started.

Does anyone know the specific differences between Tovaxin & TCV or as found in Dignan list " T-Cell Vaccination (Sheba Medical Center)". It would seem to me that Tovaxin is one companies brand/marketing name for something a number of researches are playing with.

To give another example this site is off a link lyon gave when talking specifically about tovaxin, but clearly it has noithing to ...
Read more : T-Cell Vacine & Tovaxin | Views : 2021 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Lhermitte's sign

Hello to everyone, I have posted a couple of times but it has been quite a while, I have a reasonable question that I just cant help asking this forum (where people with some experience will hopefully show up). That fellow called Lhermitte's sign has been fooling around with me for a month now, and due to the fact that the symptoms (when I bend my neck) are getting exponentially worse (the tingling and all) ...
Read more : Lhermitte's sign | Views : 4045 | Replies : 18 | Forum : General Discussion

Measuring Axonal Damage

http://jnnp.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/63/6/736
Although conventional MRI is sensitive in detecting the lesions of multiple sclerosis, it disclosed neither demyelination nor axon loss itself. Proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) is a nuclear magnetic resonance technique which has the potential to detect axon loss non-invasively during life. The normal proton spectrum is dominated by N-acetyl derived groups (NA; the sum of N-acetyl aspartate (NAA) and N-acetylaspartylglutamate).7 The predominant component of the NA peak is NAA, an amino acid of ...
Read more : Measuring Axonal Damage | Views : 750 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Dr Atkins in Canada

Dont know if its already here somewhere, but:

http://www.stemcellnetwork.ca/news/articles.php?id=920

“Harry is a huge asset,” said Dr. Rudnicki. “He’s a one-man catalytic engine starting up these Phase One and Phase Two clinical trials, from the heart through to MS and rheumatoid arthritis.

I dont think I have read of his trials?
Dr. Atkins has used stem cells from patients’ own blood to halt virulent cases of MS

Working closely with neurologist Dr. Mark Freedman, he developed ...
Read more : Dr Atkins in Canada | Views : 1310 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Dopamine Drug Leads to New Neurons (in parkinson mice)

http://www.nih.gov/news/pr/jul2006/ninds-04.htm

In preliminary results, researchers have shown that a drug which mimics the effects of the nerve-signaling chemical dopamine causes new neurons to develop in the part of the brain where cells are lost in Parkinson's disease (PD). The drug also led to long-lasting recovery of function in an animal model of PD. The findings may lead to new ways of treating PD and other neurodegenerative diseases.

Animals treated for 8 weeks also developed almost ...
Read more : Dopamine Drug Leads to New Neurons (in parkinson mice) | Views : 711 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221708 • Total topics 23018 • Total members 14544

Contact us | Terms of Service