It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:14 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Dopamine Drug Leads to New Neurons (in parkinson mice)

http://www.nih.gov/news/pr/jul2006/ninds-04.htm

In preliminary results, researchers have shown that a drug which mimics the effects of the nerve-signaling chemical dopamine causes new neurons to develop in the part of the brain where cells are lost in Parkinson's disease (PD). The drug also led to long-lasting recovery of function in an animal model of PD. The findings may lead to new ways of treating PD and other neurodegenerative diseases.

Animals treated for 8 weeks also developed almost ...
Read more : Dopamine Drug Leads to New Neurons (in parkinson mice) | Views : 711 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

New Tovaxin Forum

As dignan graciously reminded me, there are a number of people who are going to be interacting with Tovaxin in the coming months. We've set up a new forum for Tovaxin-specific discussions:

http://www.thisisms.com/forum-36.html

Hope it's helpful and thank you to all in advance for the robust, respectful and informative discussions I'm sure we'll see there.
Read more : New Tovaxin Forum | Views : 1036 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Does stem cell treatment cause tumours?

I live in Cyprus with my mother who has MS (as does her brother) and we've just been told the Institute of Neurology will not go ahead and do the treatment because it causes tumours. Does anyone have any information about this and if it is true? We are not thinking of going to Holland to do the treatment.
Read more : Does stem cell treatment cause tumours? | Views : 1471 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

cookbook

Accelerated Cure Project volunteers have compiled a cookbook of
favorite recipes and some tips relevant to living with MS. The proceeds
from the cookbook will benefit Accelerated Cure Project's mission
to determine the causes of MS.

If you are interested in ordering a cookbook for $20, please contact
Kristyn Knickelbine at 414-745-8609 or kknickelbine@wi.rr.com.
Read more : cookbook | Views : 2614 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Shopping

Cookbook

Accelerated Cure Project volunteers have compiled a cookbook of
favorite recipes and some tips relevant to living with MS. The proceeds
from the cookbook will benefit Accelerated Cure Project's mission
to determine the causes of MS.

If you are interested in ordering a cookbook for $20, please contact
Kristyn Knickelbine at 414-745-8609 or kknickelbine@wi.rr.com.
Read more : Cookbook | Views : 1320 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Daily Life

Fampridine SR

Obviously the regulators weren't too impressed with the data from the Phase III trial results - which is disappointing.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j728990106&w=464753
Read more : Fampridine SR | Views : 2204 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Hormones and MS

This is a question for anyone who may know the answer or for anyone who may even want to hazard a guess. Remember the studies where estriol may be of benefit to MS? Well, what do you think about the opposite? What if the body were depleted of estrogen? What do you think would happen to a person's MS? Do you think it would worsen? Even men have small amounts of estrogen in their bodies. ...
Read more : Hormones and MS | Views : 2773 | Replies : 19 | Forum : General Discussion

Very nearly 3000 members. Very well done Arron :D A significant contribution in The War Against Msism.
Read more : 3000 | Views : 1724 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Discussion

Multiple Sclerosis Quarterly Report (MSQR)

My MSQR, the publication from the North American Research Committee on MS (www.narcoms.org), arrived this week--free to me for participating in their surveys. The following came from the feature article, "Diagnosis and Treatment of Tremors," ( pg. 9) and may interest some here:

"Drug-induced Tremor: Certain drugs are known to induce or worsen tremor in some patients. Table 2 provides a list of some of the most common ...
Read more : Multiple Sclerosis Quarterly Report (MSQR) | Views : 961 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221722 • Total topics 23019 • Total members 14546

Contact us | Terms of Service