It is currently Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:32 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Brain stem lesions

I know very little about these, and of course I didn't think to question and prod the neuro I saw today further. Are these classified as 'classic' MS lesions? I know I've seen enough references to MS and brain stem lesions linked to MS. If in fact I have these (as the neuro I saw today suspects), which would be the cause of headaches/migraines and burning mouth... will copaxone therapy possibly help with these lesions ...
Read more : Brain stem lesions | Views : 5199 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

Good Qoute from St. Augustine

People travel to wonder at the height of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars; and they pass by themselves without wondering.
St. Augustine of Hippo

Give me chastity and continency -- but not yet!
St. Augustine of Hippo

One of the greatest philosophers and theologians.

I can relate to both qoutes. Arti
Read more : Good Qoute from St. Augustine | Views : 3247 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Mental & Spiritual Health

Crestor

Family doctor told me my cholesterol is high so I agreed to try a statin (crestor). when I got it home I read in the instructions that one of the possible side affects is muscle spasms but thought well according to this forum they help ms, my legs are locking up like a vice, worse than usual. The cholesterol can build walls in my arteries for all I care just get this shit out of ...
Read more : Crestor | Views : 4676 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Statins

A $26,000 wheelchair

But it is COOL! If I ever get to that point, I hope I can get one.

ibotnow dot com
Read more : A $26,000 wheelchair | Views : 1653 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Saw new neurologist today

Since my awesome neurologist is out till the 20th, I saw another neuro today, who does not feel that I am in a relapse, as I am not exhibiting new symptoms. He called it a 'flare'.

So that means, 3 days of steroid by IV no taper period, instead of the original 5 and taper. So that's good news.

I talked with him about my burning mouth situation, and he was very familiar with this ...
Read more : Saw new neurologist today | Views : 1509 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

MS Symptom???

I don't want to start thinking every little thing that happens to me is MS-related but this has happened once before.

My skin is painfully touch sensitive, from about the waist down but especially on my thighs. It's really hard to describe but touching my skin hurts - I am sitting in a chair at the moment and the pressure of my thigh on the chair is uncomfortable. It's got to the point that I ...
Read more : MS Symptom??? | Views : 2694 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Pipeline drug for re-myelination?

Are there any drugs in the pipeline specifically for re-myelination? I thought a few months ago I saw on this forum one drug that had just been patented but I can't find it now.
Read more : Pipeline drug for re-myelination? | Views : 7287 | Replies : 25 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Flickering Eye....

Hi,

Just finished with ON but the eye I had it in now flickers a lot. Must be a nerve under eye-lid but I'm not sure.

Anyone else got this ( esp after ON?)

Thanks
Read more : Flickering Eye.... | Views : 6325 | Replies : 18 | Forum : General Discussion

Read more : . | Views : 1418 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233458 • Total topics 25048 • Total members 16206

Contact us | Terms of Service