It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:38 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

the therapist said i should be standing at Christmas
the muscles are all there and they move when i tell them too
i'm sooo excited but still feel like crap
oh well
good with the bad
Read more : physio | Views : 2309 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Antibiotics

Bit more info on the upcoming trial ... 8&w=464753
Read more : Minocycline | Views : 2471 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Hello from PA!

Hello, everyone! My name is Brandy, I'm 29 years old and I have been living with MS for about 7 years. I'm an avid World of Warcraft player, I love gardening, cooking and nature. I don't have nor want children; I have a kitty named Bud who lives with my boyfriend and I and I work as a pharmacy help desk rep for a major pharmacy chain and I have a PT job.

My first ...
Read more : Hello from PA! | Views : 1406 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Systems biology

An interesting article in The Economist discusses the rise of systems biology and makes some points that I think a lot of people here might agree with:

The Human Genome Project, for example, was a triumph of reductionism. But merely listing genes does not explain how they collaborate to build and run an organism. Nor do isolated cells or biological molecules give full insight into the causes and development of diseases that ravage whole organs ...
Read more : Systems biology | Views : 1112 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Looking for a Doctor in Virginia

Thank you for allowing on the bulletin board.

I am 51 years old, diagnosed with RRMS in 2001. In the last year it appears more like PPMS.

I went to a MS Clinic in California but cannot find anything in Northern Virginia. Does anyone have a referral?

Many thanks!
Read more : Looking for a Doctor in Virginia | Views : 1499 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Elevated liver enzymes

Hi there1
I am new to this whole message board thing, but have a question. I am 33 and have had rrms since I was 17-am very lucky so far. BUT I switched to Rebif about 3 months ago, and had to stop Oct 12th due to elevated liver enzymes. From my neuro I am hearing 3 times normal level. I am no rocket scientist, but I AM NOT trying that again!! I have never ...
Read more : Elevated liver enzymes | Views : 2037 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

Hi Everyone!!

Hi everyone-
Never been part of an online community before, so here goes nothing! :lol:
Read more : Hi Everyone!! | Views : 3378 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Introductions

New causes of neurodegeneration

Interesting finding that could one day lead to a better understanding of MS.

Scientists Find New Causes For Neurodegeneration

ScienceDaily - Oct. 25, 2007 - A new finding from University of Michigan researchers demonstrates an unpredicted link between a virtually unknown signaling molecule and neuron health.

In a study in PNAS, graduate student, Yanling Zhang, postdoctoral fellow Sergey Zolov and Life Sciences Institute professor Lois Weisman connect the loss of this molecule to massive neurodegeneration ...
Read more : New causes of neurodegeneration | Views : 1766 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Effects of Copaxone

"Neuroprotection… Neurogenesis… Newborn neurons migrating to the site of injury…" all these words get me really excited – do they do that to anyone else, or am I just pathetically easy to please?

Neurogenesis and neuroprotection in the CNS - fundamental elements in the effect of glatiramer acetate on treatment of autoimmune neurological disorders.
Mol Neurobiol. 2007 Dec;36(3):245-53
Authors: Arnon R, Aharoni R
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is no longer considered to be simply an autoimmune ...
Read more : Effects of Copaxone | Views : 2518 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Copaxone

Lyon - do something useful

You seem to have too much time on your hands and I'm a busy man. Attached are interviews with a number of MS researchers who presented at the MS Frontiers conference. Please could you watch them and report back. Sorry if this interferes with your hobbies (watching American football, baseball, basketball, wrestling etc etc).

Read more : Lyon - do something useful | Views : 1582 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228651 • Total topics 24190 • Total members 15486

Contact us | Terms of Service