It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:05 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

help help help

you know my head is clear, my legs are getting stronger
my arms and hands are like i put them in battery acid,my ribs feel like they are beeing sueezed by a boa and it would be great if someone would stop pounfing on my shouldei feel like crap im having a western blot done
because i need to know if it is lyme or not
but since sept 2 the pain has become all ...
Read more : help help help | Views : 2618 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Antibiotics

Strange skin lesions- Morgellons?

Hi community-

Hubby (dx w/MS in March '07) has had several strange skin lesions develop since last spring. Newest one is on upper lip, and is sprouting black fiber looking things. Came across an article on Morgellons disease and found this site-

Apparently, Morgellons appears often with Lyme infection. Morgellons sufferers have been diagnosed with MS, ALS, Alzheimers. It was at first believed to be a psychiatric disorder ...
Read more : Strange skin lesions- Morgellons? | Views : 2275 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

MS Events in Boston and San Francisco (no charge)

I'd like to invite the ThisIsMS community to attend either (or both) of the Accelerated Cure Project Annual Events this year. They are both free of charge, both cocktail party with lecture format, and both feature guest speakers talking about ongoing MS research and also the activities of the Accelerated Cure Project.

They both require RSVP, though, so please do that if you'd like to come.

San Francisco Friday Nov 9th details:

Boston Saturday ...
Read more : MS Events in Boston and San Francisco (no charge) | Views : 1406 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Caution: Killing Germs May Be Hazardous to Your Health

In terms of infectious disease, the environment of the American suburb is unquestionably a far healthier place than most of the rest of the world. But we've made a Faustian bargain with our antibiotics, because most researchers now believe that our supersanitized world exacts a unique price in allergies, asthma and autoimmune diseases, most of which were unknown to our ancestors. Sachs warns that many people drew ...
Read more : Caution: Killing Germs May Be Hazardous to Your Health | Views : 1869 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

ECTRIMS 2007 Notes

ECTRIMS, the European Committee on Treatment and Research in MS, holds a huge conference every year where MS researchers from around the world present their latest work.

This year I went with Hollie Schmidt to the meeting in Prague where we took lots of notes. They are now available at

They are rather long, but lots of good stuff in there.
Read more : ECTRIMS 2007 Notes | Views : 2124 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

sporting news

Hi all

Nothing to do with ms, but I am just so damn proud, I have to share it. Tonight South Africa won the Rugby World Cup, beating England in the final in France, score 15 - 6!!!!! This is the second time we have won (1995 in South Africa), and we are the only country after Australia to have ever won it twice. We never lost a match throughout this world cup - our ...
Read more : sporting news | Views : 4785 | Replies : 18 | Forum : Daily Life

The Desiderata

I was walking around Halloween shopping with my family when I came across this prose taped to the bathroom wall of a used bookstore we were perusing. It's amazing where you find inspiriation. I was in a major funk because I was realizing how hard shopping has become for me. There have to be bathrooms close by, my legs just can't take it, and if it's a crowded store, I can't move around well at ...
Read more : The Desiderata | Views : 2372 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Daily Life

MRI Results - Any insight?

Well, just got back from GP. He says "no lesions on the brain, but I am not ruling out MS yet", so he is still referring me for a neurology appt. on 11/14. Here's what my report says: What do you think?

T2 weighted imaging demonstrates punctate areas of high signal intensity within the centrum semiovale, possibly representing prominent Virchoe-Robin spaces. There is no evidence of abnormal enhancing lesion. The periventricular white matter appears ...
Read more : MRI Results - Any insight? | Views : 2092 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Good MS Doctor In Kentucky

Hi folks;
I'm new to this forum, and I need some info. My doctor does not specialize in MS, and I'm trying to choose a new one. I have had secondary progressive MS for about 20 years. I'm on copaxone, and a few other maintenance drugs. I am now totally disabled, but I have not given up!
I do know there are some very good looking drugs coming down the pipeline, and I think it ...
Read more : Good MS Doctor In Kentucky | Views : 2029 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228600 • Total topics 24186 • Total members 15479

Contact us | Terms of Service