It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:45 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

I need to get my mind off of everything so........

Has anyone watched any good movies lately? While I was on vacation my brother and I went and saw 2 movies. He wanted to see "We are Marshall" and I wanted to see "Holiday". We couldn't compromise so we watched both on Christmas Eve. Let me say, We are Marshall was AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I loved it! Holiday was Ok but when we watched We are Marshall first and in comparison, it was completely shallow. I think ...
Read more : I need to get my mind off of everything so........ | Views : 1773 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

Uric acid crops up again

Nothing really new here, just confirmation of what has been said before on this site,

Dom.

Uric acid and spinal cord injury treatment
A novel approach from Rutgers holds potential for central nervous system damage

NEW BRUNSWICK/PISCATAWAY, N.J. -- Uric acid is commonly associated with the excruciatingly painful joint disease known as gout, but it can also play a crucial role in the treatment of spinal cord injury and other central nervous system disorders, such ...
Read more : Uric acid crops up again | Views : 4397 | Replies : 34 | Forum : General Discussion

Question for the board on ON

i don't know how many of you have developed ON. but i woke up the other day with a real bad pain in my eye..i didn't get alot of sleep over new years or the next day..proably about 6 hours for two nights. i haven't lost any vision and it hurts to the touch.. anyone experience pain with there ON? Thanks for your help...
Read more : Question for the board on ON | Views : 1546 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Interesting article on green tea

(National-NBC) January 2, 2007 - A compound found in every cell in the body may become a new tool for treating stroke. A study of rats that suffered a stroke found that once blood flow was restored to the brain, giving the rats the compound NAD decreased brain cell death by about 80 percent.

NAD is involved in cell repair and can become depleted after a stroke.

Another study showed a compound in green tea ...
Read more : Interesting article on green tea | Views : 1120 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

New autoimmune disease list

http://www.aarda.org/research/research_ ... .php?ID=47

In case anyone else is interested in a pretty accurate and complete list of the diseases which are thought to be autoimmune in nature.

Bob
Read more : New autoimmune disease list | Views : 5163 | Replies : 44 | Forum : General Discussion

Critical Outcome Technologies Inc.

Most of it is blah, blah, blah investment and stock stuff but there's mention of them identifying potential oral multiple sclerosis treatments at the end

Critical Outcome Technologies Inc. Reports Second Quarter 2007 Financial Results
Tuesday January 2, 3:11 pm ET

LONDON, ONTARIO--(CCNMatthews - Jan. 2, 2007) - Critical Outcome Technologies Inc. (TSX VENTURE:COT - News) today announced its financial results for the second quarter ended October 31, 2006. The Company continued its development stage ...
Read more : Critical Outcome Technologies Inc. | Views : 1513 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

DXing MS from eye exams

Eye centre detecting MS in early stages 02 January 2007

Doctors in Houston are looking into their patients` eyes to search for early signs of multiple sclerosis.
Using four different and inexpensive eye exams, physicians at the Multiple Sclerosis Eye Centre for Analysis, Research and Education search for abnormalities in the retina and damage to optic nerve fibres. Many doctors agree that, in more than half of patients, the neurological disorder first attacks the eyes, ...
Read more : DXing MS from eye exams | Views : 872 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

speach

It is starting to affect my speech now, I am starting to notice that its getting hard to pronounce words, slurred speech would be a good way to describe it, I’m glad that it has decided to hit my voice and not my arms or eyes because they still are working pretty good. The wheelchair I have is a manual one and I hope to keep it that way for a while, it’s just a ...
Read more : speach | Views : 2217 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Daily Life

2006 posts

okay i'm paying enough attention now and think i've figured out my own question :oops:
Read more : 2006 posts | Views : 1943 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Support

site, good quote

http://www.orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v02n08.shtml

i really like this quote:

Restoring health must be done nutritionally, not pharmacologically. All cells in all persons are made exclusively from what we drink and eat. Not one cell is made out of drugs.
Read more : site, good quote | Views : 1315 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Natural Approach

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222234 • Total topics 23080 • Total members 14607

Contact us | Terms of Service