It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:28 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Retired and unable to enjoy it! Are you driving?

:?: So after fighting SSA for two years I finally achieved the bliss of full disability. It is not enough to use for exotic travel, but it came with Medicare and at least my medical expenses have gone down.

Now how do you/we cope with empty nest syndrome, children who won't accept the diagnosis and that constant feeling of the need to do be doing something we ...
Read more : Retired and unable to enjoy it! Are you driving? | Views : 7486 | Replies : 19 | Forum : MS in the Golden Years

when it rains...

it pours and then some.

more than a month ago, my symptoms - fatigue, numbness a few others started to intesify but still manageable.

please forgive any spelling errors - this message was written with the right-hand hunt n' peck method ;-)

a week ago i was treated for UTI symptoms...

this monday i called my neuro to give him an update, and he told me to ...
Read more : when it rains... | Views : 1231 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Giovannoni - "The infectious causes of M.S."

This is the Lancet Neurology link to the review article, but there is no abstract:

http://tinyurl.com/ymj98l

However, there is also this:

http://www.msif.org/en/research/research_news/infectious_cause.html

Summary: The cause of MS is unknown but some infective agents are thought to play a contributory role. This review article discusses two of the possible candidates, Epstein Barr virus and Chlamydia pneumonia, and the evidence for each of them.

authors: Giovannoni G, Cutter GR, Lunemann J, Martin R, Munz C, Sriram S, ...
Read more : Giovannoni - "The infectious causes of M.S." | Views : 1887 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Antibiotics

New to injections and bit freaked out!

Hi All,
I was diagnosed with MS in Aug this year and am now on my first week of injections with Copaxone. It's been a bit of a whirlwind from diagnosis to this point and am feeling a bit scared and alone with this whole injecting thing. When I inject I get a stinging sensation afterwards... this I can cope with but it's much worse on my arms and bottom. Really painful, has anyone else ...
Read more : New to injections and bit freaked out! | Views : 6825 | Replies : 22 | Forum : Copaxone

health thru biodiversity

so, i'm writing this essay on the importance of biodiversity to the healthy function of ecosystems. the issue has its critics i know, but that's my assignment. so anyway, i'm reading on the david suzuki site:

"The world food supply today is derived from 30 crops which supply about 90 per cent of calories to the human diet. And just 14 animal species make up 90 per cent of the livestock we raise" and he ...
Read more : health thru biodiversity | Views : 928 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

wikipedia

hey guys i have an idea for a fun project. i haven't checked if it's been proposed on here before, but let's edit the hell out of the multiple sclerosis page at wikipedia. we can each do a section on our favourite topics (all appropriately referenced of course!) or elaborate on what's there if it's already mentioned.

i want to start compiling a list for the serum values of nutrients in ms patients in remission ...
Read more : wikipedia | Views : 989 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Myelin Repair Foundation

I urge everyone to take a look at the Myelin Repair Foundation site. The Foundation is ahead of schedule (goal was five years to develop a drug for myelin repair) http://myelinrepair.org/research_model/

Sharon
Read more : Myelin Repair Foundation | Views : 2559 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Gaba

I am a new member of this forum. As such, I am very interested in stimulating conversation about the many natural approaches to treating MS. Since I am on quite a few supplements and continue to read about others, I would like to start with my experience with Gaba.

After refusing to take any "drugs" for pain and spasms, my partner and I decided that lack of sleep was causing even more problems. Thus I ...
Read more : Gaba | Views : 5049 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Natural Approach

Myelin research

Read more : Myelin research | Views : 997 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Research 2

I posted a list of US funded research last week. Today is the turn of the Canadians. Lots and lots of research being funded. Jimmylegs - some Vit D research.

http://www.mssociety.ca/en/pdf/research ... s_2006.pdf

No dating service this week. But always happy to help out if needed.

PS Does anyone know where Arron is? He's paid good money to moderate this site but has gone AWOL.
Read more : Research 2 | Views : 885 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220813 • Total topics 22881 • Total members 14450

Contact us | Terms of Service