It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:04 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Question about Rebif Needles

Do y'all find that your Rebif needles have air in them? Do you push the air out before you inject?

Read more : Question about Rebif Needles | Views : 2765 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Rebif

High blood pressure and revimmune

I am interested in this treatment possibly, but I do have nigh BP. I am on medication, but my BP seems to spike really easy and I do have a family history of heart problems.

Does anyone here who had this treatment have high bp as well or know if this will be an issue?
Read more : High blood pressure and revimmune | Views : 1784 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

question # 1000 it seems like

Of course, since I'm "into" the importance of plasticity, there is also the possibility that her MS and resulting damage continues ominously at a rate in which plasticity is able to it's job and keep her from noticing the damage as it accumulates.

this is so well put bob we are all under attack all the time it's just that when our own bodies can't keep up with the repairs we start to notice ...
Read more : question # 1000 it seems like | Views : 1373 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Scientists repair brain using GM embryo cells - MOUSE POST

(squeak squeak)

Nerve Cells Derived From Stem Cells And Transplanted Into Mice May Lead To Improved Brain Treatments

ScienceDaily (June 26, 2008) — Scientists at the Burnham Institute for Medical Research have, for the first time, genetically programmed embryonic stem (ES) cells to become nerve cells when transplanted into the brain, according to a new study published in The Journal of Neuroscience.

The research, an important step toward developing new treatments for stroke, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's ...
Read more : Scientists repair brain using GM embryo cells - MOUSE POST | Views : 1537 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Why would you NOT take meds?

Hi Guys,

From reading posts on other ms forums i get the impression that lots of people who are doing well with their ms choose not to take any of the ms meds and some say that they will wait until they "need" them.

I am taking Avonex and i'm well too, i have no symptoms and have only had one sensory flare.
I was under the impression that these meds are designed to be ...
Read more : Why would you NOT take meds? | Views : 4363 | Replies : 23 | Forum : General Discussion

Gray matter atrophy

More evidence that gray matter damage plays a significant role in MS progression.

Gray matter atrophy is related to long-term disability in multiple sclerosis.

Ann Neurol. 2008 Jun 20.
Fisniku LK, Chard DT, Jackson JS, Anderson VM, Altmann DR, Miszkiel KA, Thompson AJ, Miller DH.
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Research Unit, Institute of Neurology, University College London, United Kingdom.

OBJECTIVE: To determine the relation of gray matter (GM) and white matter (WM) brain volumes, and WM ...
Read more : Gray matter atrophy | Views : 1330 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

UK patients to be offered trial info

Not before time...
Patients to be told about clinical trials

By Nicholas Timmins, Public Policy Editor

Published: June 24 2008 03:05 | Last updated: June 24 2008 03:05

Patients are to be given the right to be told about clinical trials in a move aimed at making the National Health Service a more attractive place for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to do research.

The aim is also to improve patients’ access to innovative drugs ...
Read more : UK patients to be offered trial info | Views : 1118 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

'Alchemy' to make new cells

This article poses the intriguing possibility of a technique that could obviate the need for stem cells altogether.

short url
Read more : 'Alchemy' to make new cells | Views : 1268 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Constipation as a Symptom of Multiple Sclerosis
just a brutal symptom like all the rest, some good info here
Read more : Constipation as a Symptom of Multiple Sclerosis | Views : 10697 | Replies : 99 | Forum : General Discussion

hormone status

I received my hormone status which showed that I have a lowish but within reference range DHEA level, a high 17 beta estradiol level and a low below reference range progesterone level. Interesting menopausal women given low amounts of dhea increase their progesterone levels:

1: Maturitas. 2008 Apr 20;59(4):293-303. Epub 2008 Apr 3. Links
One-year therapy with 10mg/day DHEA alone or in combination with HRT in postmenopausal women: Effects on hormonal milieu.Pluchino N, Ninni F, ...
Read more : hormone status | Views : 2185 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Regimens

Login  •  Register

Total posts 234579 • Total topics 25251 • Total members 16459

Contact us | Terms of Service