It is currently Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:14 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Doctors refusal to prescribe LDN

How do I get my boyfriends neurologist to prescribe LDN for him. We already sent him a packet containg ThisisMS.com articles relating to LDN. And also the response from NMSS about LDN. Any suggestions?
Read more : Doctors refusal to prescribe LDN | Views : 2755 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Age and MS

Age Should Not Deter Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis: Presented at ECTRIMS
By Bruce Sylvester

MADRID, SPAIN -- October 1, 2006 -- In a new study of patients diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS) after the age of 60, nearly half of relapsing patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) and patients with clinically isolated syndrome presented with signs of inflammation on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).

This finding suggests that the disease course depends on the inflammatory component of ...
Read more : Age and MS | Views : 1184 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Copaxone at ECTRIMS

Glatiramer Acetate Shows Positive Impact on Average Relapse Rate and Disease Progression in Multiple Sclerosis For Up to 5 Years: Presented at ECTRIMS
By Bruce Sylvester

MADRID, SPAIN -- October 1, 2006 -- Treatment of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS) with glatiramer-acetate (glatiramer, Copaxone) is safe and effective, and it has a positive impact on average relapse rate and disease progression scores.

The findings were presented here on September 28th at the 22nd Congress of the ...
Read more : Copaxone at ECTRIMS | Views : 1853 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Copaxone

Forgot the name of a website

Can anyone tell me the name of that website for pharmaceutical "professionals"? It's the one with all of the potty mouth newbie drug reps. I'm trying to find out who the Biogen rep for my area is.
Read more : Forgot the name of a website | Views : 1424 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Biogen gets in on CDP323

Looks like Biogen is really trying to corner the market on new MS treatments.

UCB and Biogen Idec to Collaborate on Oral Multiple Sclerosis Therapy

MARKET WIRE -- October 02, 2006 -- UCB and Biogen Idec today announced a global collaboration to jointly develop and commercialize CDP323 for the treatment of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS) and other potential indications. CDP323 is an orally active small molecule alpha4-integrin inhibitor expected to enter Phase II clinical trials ...
Read more : Biogen gets in on CDP323 | Views : 2659 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Disability, axonal degeneration

I have been reading a little and understanding a little on this axonal degeneration and disability connection. Gary has lots of disability and little brain lesions, so it "fits" his MS. A few years ago they did a spinal MRI and a DR noted in a known area of attacks spinal atrophy. Which basically is shrinkage? I read in Lyon's article on another post about all of this except they were talking about the brain ...
Read more : Disability, axonal degeneration | Views : 3252 | Replies : 20 | Forum : General Discussion

Cyclophosphamide

This is a story of a couple of months ago, but is doing the rounds again. It's something cheery for a Monday.

Ian

MS treatment 'a miracle'

Rocky Point woman undergoes high-dose regimen at Stony Brook.
Linda Jacobellis had multiple sclerosis, a disease for which there is no cure, for 16 years. Now, she announces, "I no longer have MS." She ascribes her cure, in part, to "a miracle from my mother in heaven." ...
Read more : Cyclophosphamide | Views : 1919 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Genes story

This looks an interesing genes story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5379250.stm
Read more : Genes story | Views : 1027 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Spiritual healing, medically verifiable. 170 lectures in U.S

Hi, my name is Neal and I want to share something very special with you. Please read below and before being critical, convince yourselves. Everyone has a duty to do this. What I am sharing you has helped me alot and has been a great gift in my life and thousands of others. But like I said, convince yourself. You can email me at nadidas99@msn.com if you have questions. Also, ...

WRONG PLACE?

hello all, new to this forum and copaxone and had a question.

was wondering if anyone else has had the same experience or could tell me what happened? :cry:

i have only been doing the shots for 2 weeks now and use the autoinject, and last week when i did my legs all was fine, but this week, the right leg when i gave ...
Read more : WRONG PLACE? | Views : 2270 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Copaxone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219928 • Total topics 22739 • Total members 14340

Contact us | Terms of Service