It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:03 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

tysabri and trying to conceive

Hello everyone I am new to the site although i have been lingering for the past few months reading the forums.

I have a question maybe you could shed some light. My husband has MS and started taking tysabri he had his 4th infusion this month. He had a reaction to the infusion..chills.....and then they gave him bendryl after they called his neurologist...which made the chills go away. The doc said he was having an ...
Read more : tysabri and trying to conceive | Views : 3101 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

epstein barr and the vasculature

1: Clin Exp Immunol. 2008 Mar;151(3):519-27. Epub 2008 Jan 8. Links
Adhesion of Epstein-Barr virus-positive natural killer cell lines to cultured endothelial cells stimulated with inflammatory cytokines.Kanno H, Watabe D, Shimizu N, Sawai T.
Department of Pathology, Iwate Medical University School of Medicine, Morioka, Japan. hirokan@iwate-med.ac.jp

Chronic active Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) infection (CAEBV) is characterized by chronic recurrent infectious mononucleosis-like symptoms. Approximately one-fourth of CAEBV patients develop vascular lesions with ...
Read more : epstein barr and the vasculature | Views : 1318 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

"Disabled or not disabled."

Yes! Regardless of this, I am elated. This can only be good for us, and all Americans, and the planet.
Read more : "Disabled or not disabled." | Views : 2108 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Medical Devices

Treatment after long term RRMS

I am trying to get Campath off-label. The thing that worries me, even though I am still RRMS, I have had symptoms for over 13 years, with a diagnosis about 3 years ago.

Most of the people I have seen here who have received it, have been usually considerably less time with this disease, but more aggresive. I have read the studies that show its more effective with people in early RRMS, and I don't ...
Read more : Treatment after long term RRMS | Views : 3174 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Off-Topic Reminder!

Okay, Tovaxinites, get out there today and VOTE! I hear that some precincts are providing free coffee and Dunkin'/ Krispy Kremes. Do let me know if you're in one of those districts... I may meander over and join you...

:lol:
Read more : Off-Topic Reminder! | Views : 1988 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Research matters

Something for our US friends to read after you have voted.

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/document.rm?id=4999

PS Lyon - all you have to do is put a cross next to the name of the man you want to be your next President. They couldn't make it easier for you.
Read more : Research matters | Views : 1579 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

High Dose Cyclophosphamide outside of the US

In theory I shall be receiving high dose Cyclophosphamide treatment here in the UK.

My neurologist was not at all comfortable with the idea but I insisted that it was what I wanted so he referred me to a colleague who, in my first neurologists words, "favoured aggressive treatment">

I have had one meeting with my new neurolgist who, despite recommending against it (he thinks it rather risky but, after researxh, I think he may ...

another way to increase beta-endorphines?

I have only had a quick glance over this article, and do not understand it, but have saved it off for later reading.

the abstract=>http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=483721
the full article=>http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/picrender.fcgi?artid=483721&blobtype=pdf

I guess I am hoping someone will take a higher interest in it... :oops:
Read more : another way to increase beta-endorphines? | Views : 3130 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 237620 • Total topics 25818 • Total members 17097

Contact us | Terms of Service