It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:24 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Newly diagnosed

Hi everyone,

my name is Dani and I am 37 years old. I have been having strange symptoms for around 10 years but more sever for last 2 1/2 years. I was diagnosed with MS last week. I am still a little numb from the news. I have two young girls and a loving husband that I want to take care of and haven't been able to as I would like.

I am glad to ...
Read more : Newly diagnosed | Views : 2313 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Introductions

Connectivity Map

This looks like an interesting effort to measure the effect of drugs on genes and tie the results to what is known about the genetics of diseases.

The Connectivity Map: using gene-expression signatures to connect small molecules, genes, and disease.

Science. 2006 Sep 29;313(5795):1929-35.
Lamb J, Crawford ED, Peck D, Modell JW, Blat IC, Wrobel MJ, Lerner J, Brunet JP, Subramanian A, Ross KN, Reich M, Hieronymus H, Wei G, Armstrong SA, Haggarty SJ, Clemons ...
Read more : Connectivity Map | Views : 919 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

New discovery about autoimmune relapses

Interesting discovery about the role of osteopontin in relapses.

Molecule linked to autoimmune disease relapses identified at Stanford

Dec 3/06 -- STANFORD, Calif. -- The ebb and flow of such autoimmune diseases as multiple sclerosis, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis has long been a perplexing mystery. But new findings from the Stanford University School of Medicine bring scientists closer to solving the puzzle, identifying a molecule that appears to play a central role in relapses.

The ...
Read more : New discovery about autoimmune relapses | Views : 1249 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Homeostatic Expansion

Read more : Homeostatic Expansion | Views : 928 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

"HE 3286" ? A Pre-Clinical DHEA Metabolite

Here’s a link to info about a potential new “pre-clinical” drug for MS, “HE 3286”.

The headline is about Rheumatoid Arthritis but if you read the news release it sounds like it’s been tested in female EAE mice.

My wild speculation, and it is just that, wild speculation, is that “HE 3286” might be a metabolite of DHEA and/or a synthetic form of DHEA.

Per their release, the company “is developing a proprietary new class ...
Read more : "HE 3286" ? A Pre-Clinical DHEA Metabolite | Views : 1155 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

More new discoveries

Here is another article about new discoveries regarding destruction of myelin. There is so much news anymore that it is hard to keep up with everything.

http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseact ... N=50664116

A German team has found a new clue to the cause of MS, one that could lead to new treatments, says Roger Highfield

Molecules in the body that are thought to attack the “insulation” in nerves to cause multiple sclerosis ...
Read more : More new discoveries | Views : 1165 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Rocky Mountain MS cernter

My neuro recommended this site. She said it has relaible info on alternative meds.
http://www.ms-cam.org/index.php3/
NN
Read more : Rocky Mountain MS cernter | Views : 1863 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Natural Approach

Research for Parkinsons may also help MS....

Here is another interesting and promising article which mentions MS:

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2006-12/uorm-paw120106.php

I hope this link works!!

J.
Read more : Research for Parkinsons may also help MS.... | Views : 1360 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Remyelination is extensive in a subset of multiple sclerosis

Has this been posted already? Just thought it was an interesting study....

Remyelination is extensive in a subset of multiple sclerosis patients

Although spontaneous remyelination does occur in multiple sclerosis lesions, its extent within the global population with this disease is presently unknown. We have systematically analysed the incidence and distribution of completely remyelinated lesions (so-called shadow plaques) or partially remyelinated lesions (shadow plaque areas) in 51 autopsies of patients with different clinical courses and ...
Read more : Remyelination is extensive in a subset of multiple sclerosis | Views : 1380 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

blood pressure and ms

Hi:
Has anyone developed “quick onset hypertension”? My blood pressure is always high at the dr’s office (150/90) office but then goes back down. I got taken to an emergency room (see my post in daily life) and it stayed up the whole 8+ hours at 160/116 yikes!. I found a story that described a similar experience at

http://infoonms.bizland.com/aboutus.html

It’s sounds tough to treat but I’m not so sure ...
Read more : blood pressure and ms | Views : 1854 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221646 • Total topics 23007 • Total members 14535

Contact us | Terms of Service