It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:52 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

JOHNS HOPKINS ATTENTION MS AND SJOGRENS PATIENTS

Hi, everyone: Just joined the This is MS community. Let me introduce myself. My name is Dr. Birnbaum----I have trained in both Rheumatology/Internal Medicine as well as Neurology. I work at Johns Hopkins University---this year at Johns Hopkins University, under the aegis of the Transverse Myelitis Center, I have started a Clinic devoted towards care of patients with neurological manifestaions of rheumatic disease. Although I had anticipated that the bulk of my patients would have ...
Read more : JOHNS HOPKINS ATTENTION MS AND SJOGRENS PATIENTS | Views : 1831 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

IVIG - not effective

Intravenous immunoglobulin in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: a dose-finding trial 28 July 2008

OBJECTIVE:

Several studies have reported a reduction of relapses after the long-term administration of IV immunoglobulin (IVIG) to patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS), but they were mostly small and differed in terms of predefined outcome variables and treatment regimen. We therefore set out to test two different doses of a new formulation of immunoglobulin termed IGIV-C 10% for suppression of both ...
Read more : IVIG - not effective | Views : 3491 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Hello

Hello fellow PWMS and people who love them.

I am a forty-something female living with RRMS some 16+ years. My primary symptoms are balance, sensory issues, lower body strength and ON. I walk, sometimes with a cane and sometimes not.

My hubby and I work from home. It's a huge relief to me after battling bowel urgency issues for years. They went away when the stress did, though.

We have 5 grown children (his) and ...
Read more : Hello | Views : 1261 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Postpolio/ MS similarity

BACKGROUND

Hi everyone!
I have had MRI's of my brain and spinal cord this spring in preparation for investigating revimmune as a possibility.

I have had a progressive seeming course since spring of '03 (after 12 years of MS before that with a benign course-I have been on Cop since it came out) and at that time I was essentially a 1 or a 2 and I am now on a cane full time.

In ...
Read more : Postpolio/ MS similarity | Views : 4013 | Replies : 27 | Forum : General Discussion

MS and Sexual Relationships

I couldn't find any threads here after searching the words "Sex" and "Sexual". I mean there were threads, but none that seemed to be specifically about how having MS effects sex.

Obvioulsy sex involves the nervous system and obviously this can impact all sensations, including sexual ones. I can see where this could be a big topic and I invite comment. But, mostly I have a question that stems from a personal observation.

For us, ...
Read more : MS and Sexual Relationships | Views : 7947 | Replies : 42 | Forum : General Discussion

Reseach into regeneration

Brain cells may regenerate after damage from multiple sclerosis 25 July 2008

Brain cells in areas targeted by multiple sclerosis may regenerate - often years after the initial injury, according to research by a team of Cleveland Clinic neuroscientists.

The finding, published online today, lends further support for the concept of adult neurogenesis -- that the human brain can regenerate itself, and in the case of MS, is working to repair itself.

Multiple sclerosis ...
Read more : Reseach into regeneration | Views : 3359 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Discussion

Phase III revimmune

Anyone know when they are starting phase III?

I figured since they cant see me until januray, I am wondering if thats when phase III starts. I am a little bummed if thats the case because as long as it is open label they can treat more people vs a clincial trial. I may not qualify for the trial vs open label.

Also I was told I have an appt with Dr. Kerr, arent we ...
Read more : Phase III revimmune | Views : 4728 | Replies : 23 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

anyone quit betaseron?

Has anyone used and quit beta seron? I am thinking that the med's are making me worse. I immediately started the drug after I was diagnosed. I seem to have went down hill from there. I am considering quitting the med's. My Dr. says I should stick with it but its been 16 mo's. I am kind of afraid to quit, I cant get any worse. any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Lisa
Read more : anyone quit betaseron? | Views : 2105 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

stolen

Went for an afternoon ride, last week, down to a small creek about 20 miles from our house. I guess we were all just bored. It was Tuesday or Wednesday, I can't remember (ms). Well we were way out in the woods so I decided to shoot my pistol. When we returned to the house I forgot to lock my truck door. Sunday morning I remembered that the pistol was still in my truck so ...
Read more : stolen | Views : 4416 | Replies : 28 | Forum : Daily Life

now there is a MS quiz on the BBC site

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7507760.stm

Well, it's pretty sad really.....very optimistic and a bit simple. They should have asked this site to input questions.....by the way, I got 9/10 which is embarrassing!
Read more : now there is a MS quiz on the BBC site | Views : 1580 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235159 • Total topics 25378 • Total members 16586

Contact us | Terms of Service