It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:26 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Myelin research

Read more : Myelin research | Views : 997 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Research 2

I posted a list of US funded research last week. Today is the turn of the Canadians. Lots and lots of research being funded. Jimmylegs - some Vit D research.

http://www.mssociety.ca/en/pdf/research ... s_2006.pdf

No dating service this week. But always happy to help out if needed.

PS Does anyone know where Arron is? He's paid good money to moderate this site but has gone AWOL.
Read more : Research 2 | Views : 885 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

compound based on resveratrol in trials

Interesting stuff about a compound being tested for type 1 diabetes based on resveratrol, found most notably in red wine. If you think insulin might be related to diseases other than diabetes (anyone? anyone?), then this looks promising.

Research published in Nature by Sirtris scientists is first demonstration in mammals that resveratrol, a sirtuin activator, can treat diseases of aging, such as diabetes. Sirtris Pharmaceuticals doses first diabetes patient in human clinical study.

Nov. 1, ...
Read more : compound based on resveratrol in trials | Views : 909 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Hiya

Im a newbie...I don't have MS but my sister does. We've lived together for about 6 months now cause she got a new job that was close to where I live, and I think she's been diagnosed about a year.

Does MS effect personality cause my sister can be happy and social one minute and then bite people's head's off 5 seconds later. It's got to the point where my room-mate has moved out cause ...
Read more : Hiya | Views : 2308 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Introductions

Damaged optic nerves

My wife Marg (MS for 35 years) has in the past 6 months had difficulty trying to read. The words become blurred, then better then blurred. Trying to read a newspaper becomes very tiresome for her. A trip to the optometrist 6 months ago and then a referral to the neuro ophthalmologist has resulted in a preliminary diagnosis of damaged optic nerves.

Marg has never had a problem with her eyes and never suffered from ...
Read more : Damaged optic nerves | Views : 1751 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Living with an MSer

Does MS impact on someone's personality? Im going crazy trying to guess how Im meant to behave with my sister (who has MS). One moment she's happy and social and then, no kidding, 5 seconds later she's possessed by the devil :evil: and we're all tiptoeing around the house. Someone please help! I think Im going mad! I really want to be supportive but ...
Read more : Living with an MSer | Views : 4632 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Friends and Family

SOS melodeeeeee!!

robbie needs an intervention mel, you're closest, TAG! :wink:
Read more : SOS melodeeeeee!! | Views : 754 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Liver

Some day some bastard researcher is going to publish some positive news on MS. We seem to be constantly drip fed ever worsening news e.g. MS rates going through the roof for Canadian women, deaths on trials etc etc

Multiple Sclerosis Linked to Abnormal Liver Test Results 01 November 2006

Multiple sclerosis has been linked to abnormal liver test results according to research findings announced by the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada. The study ...
Read more : Liver | Views : 2024 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

Hi guys! Update from flora68 after 20 months on LDN

I just wanted to pop in and let you guys know how I'm doing and what's been added to my anti-MS regimen, FYI.

Basically I'm doing great! I really don't feel the MS at all. I still can't take excess heat and I doubt that that'll change, so hiding from the Texas heat all summer is tedious and sometimes isolating, but totally do-able. (Today in Austin it really feels like autumn, and I'm pumped!)

I ...
Read more : Hi guys! Update from flora68 after 20 months on LDN | Views : 6118 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

HIV/AIDS relationship or non-relationship with MS

Both are immune system issues. In HIV the immune system is getting wiped out and in MS it's functioning in strongly misdirected ways. When Googling around for info about white blood cells, you can't help but get a lot of links that are about AIDS/HIV.

I know these are different illnesses. But, has anyone one read any articles that discuss both in a compare contrast sort of way? And has anyone ever read of a ...
Read more : HIV/AIDS relationship or non-relationship with MS | Views : 970 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220821 • Total topics 22883 • Total members 14451

Contact us | Terms of Service