It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:39 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Hello.

Hi,

I don't post much on forums...too lazy/it's too difficult. But, I did want to join so as to not feel so alone.

Thank you.
Read more : Hello. | Views : 1691 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

One for Shayk

Sharon,

Here's some good news on the hormones front. I'm going to cheer people up before my 2 week break.

For those new to the site, Shayk is the hormones guru - and you'd have to be blind to not see that hormones plays a big part in this disease (2-3 times the number of women to men get MS, the third term of pregnancy calms the disease down, and the small trial of testosterone ...
Read more : One for Shayk | Views : 1313 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

syringes and armpits

Does anyone bring their Copaxone syringe to body temperature by holding it under the armpit for a few minutes before injecting? I seem to remember reading some posts saying that this practice helps with site reactions, but of course I can't find them right now.
Read more : syringes and armpits | Views : 3025 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Copaxone

Google up your Medical Degree

I've always been a google buff but come on we can't all be Doctors. ROFLMAO

<shortened url>

November 10, 2006 - 12:09PM

Patients are not the only people turning to the internet for medical information.

Searching the worldwide web with engines such as Google may also help doctors to diagnose perplexing medical conditions, according to Australian researchers.

"Our study suggests that in difficult cases, it is often useful to Google for a diagnosis," said Hangwi ...
Read more : Google up your Medical Degree | Views : 853 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

garden path indeed

you know this is all straight up brom! glad you are sorted out with something. how many iu did you end up with in your tabs?
Read more : garden path indeed | Views : 908 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

T cell vaccination

Hi Dignan
Just wanted to let you know that T-cell vaccination by Sheba Medical Center is in phase three and almost complete :lol:

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct/show/N ... 3C?order=9. There is that word again "probable MS"

Also, I was just google searching and found the following. It's old but I didn't really search to see if we have posted it before.

Read more : T cell vaccination | Views : 1808 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

My experiences w/tysabri so far is very positive!

I had my 2nd infusion last week and I definately notice the difference in my symptoms.

After the first infusion, I had one great week of symptom relief. I went from about an 8 on the scale of symtoms and pain to about a 4. But as I said, it only lasted a week.

So I went to my 2nd infusion hoping for 2 good weeks. I didnt get the definitive relief, but I can ...

Mothers with MS Call for Participants in TX

ARE YOU A MOTHER WITH MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS?

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
A research study on mothers with chronic illness is seeking participants for interviews lasting approximately 90 minutes.

This study, being conducted by Courtney O’Dell, a graduate student at Texas Woman’s University, aims to gain insight into the daily realities of chronically ill women who mother by focusing on the narratives of mothers with MS.
You Must Be:
• Over the age of 18.
• Caring ...
Read more : Mothers with MS Call for Participants in TX | Views : 2856 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Under 25 with MS

Not MS but looks good

Read more : Not MS but looks good | Views : 1500 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Stem Cells

Questin for Anecdote

Hey--I have a "curiosty" question for you which may have already been addressed and I have simply missed it! In your posts, you close with:

"Started the Wheldon regime in August 2003, due to aggressive SPMS. Moved to intermittent therapy after one year. Oct 2006 still take this, now two weeks every three months. EDSS was about 7, now no more than 2."

Your current EDSS score of "2"...was this determined by your "MS" doctor? ...
Read more : Questin for Anecdote | Views : 1190 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221024 • Total topics 22918 • Total members 14474

Contact us | Terms of Service