It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:22 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Anyone gotten insuance remibursement yet?

I am going for my 2nd infusion tomorrow - which my neuro is requiring a $2500 payment for until insurance companies start paying. I don't know if anyone has gotten reimbursed yet for Tysabri - a med that is FDA approved! Another 2500 on the credit card, thanks oxford liberty.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will report back when I have more info. I haven’t had any major attacks since starting last month, so ...
Read more : Anyone gotten insuance remibursement yet? | Views : 4316 | Replies : 18 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Polymyalgia Rheumatica

I have RRMS...diagnosed 9/02. Now it appears I have a new disease to add to my list...Polymyalgia Rheumatica...anybody else have the pleasure of this wonderful disease or even heard of it. Seems to be another autoimmune disease...pain in the shoulders/chest/back...went to the doctor because these were new symptoms and don't like to just automatically blame things on MS...did some blood work...my sed rate was 118!!!! That's not MS. treatment is daily prednisone...maybe this will help ...
Read more : Polymyalgia Rheumatica | Views : 1270 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Immune system "modulation"

oo
Read more : Immune system "modulation" | Views : 4341 | Replies : 35 | Forum : General Discussion

Fampridine

UK MS Society article on Fampridine.

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/go.rm?id=18533
Read more : Fampridine | Views : 1762 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

MBP8298

BioMS Medical expands pivotal multiple sclerosis trial into Finland

BioMS Medical Corp, a leading developer in the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS), today announced it has received approval from the National Agency for Medicines to begin enrolling patients in Finland into its ongoing pivotal phase II/III trial of MBP8298, a proprietary synthetic peptide for the treatment of secondary progressive multiple sclerosis (SPMS).
"Based on the results we have generated to-date, MBP8298 appears to have ...
Read more : MBP8298 | Views : 1049 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

CepTor

One I hadn't heard of - unfortunately XXXXing EAE is mentioned.

CepTor Reports Significant Reduction of Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Symptoms with Oral Delivery of Neurodur in EAE Model

Results of Animal Testing Using Company's MS Compound Published in the Journal of Neuroimmunology.

CepTor Corporation, a biopharmaceutical company focusing on cell-targeted therapeutic products for neuromuscular and neurodegenerative diseases, today announced that the results of Neurodur testing in the Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis (EAE) mouse model, the ...
Read more : CepTor | Views : 1034 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Growth process of neurons

Any new findings about neurons / axons should be helpful.

Most important actors in the growth process of neurons identified

Leuven, Belgium -- Defects in the growth process of our neurons often underlie brain or nerve diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease or multiple sclerosis. Scientists from the Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology (VIB) connected to the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, led by Bassem Hassan, have achieved a major step in unraveling the growth process of axons, ...
Read more : Growth process of neurons | Views : 835 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Axons

These researchers have abandoned mice and replaced them with fruit flies!

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j667024290&w=464753
Read more : Axons | Views : 830 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Spasticity Drugs?

Is there anything in the pipeline for this nasty symptom?
Read more : Spasticity Drugs? | Views : 2283 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Yellow fever vaccination?

Hi there - first time posting, but i check in almost every day to read the fantastic posts. . many thanks for all the information.

here is my question. dx with MS 03 - currently on copaxone .. symptoms are mild at the current time. My question is this: I am traveling to brazil in december and i will be spending some time in the amazon - the center for disease control suggests that i ...
Read more : Yellow fever vaccination? | Views : 2466 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220808 • Total topics 22881 • Total members 14450

Contact us | Terms of Service