It is currently Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:43 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

A case of excessive atrophy but still no disability

Theses MRIs look damn devastating but apart from having an IQ of 75 this man leads a normal life:
link

--Frank
Read more : A case of excessive atrophy but still no disability | Views : 1470 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Resveratrol, neuroprotection and SIRT1

Interesting stuff if they can figure out how to get around that pesky brain-blood barrier...

Saving Neurons and Memories

Physicians can treat the symptoms of Alzheimer's disease and other neurodegenerative disorders, but there is no way to prevent or reverse the underlying degeneration and death of neurons that characterize these diseases. Now research by scientists at Harvard and MIT suggests a potential new therapeutic approach.

The scientists have shown that a gene called SIRT1 and ...
Read more : Resveratrol, neuroprotection and SIRT1 | Views : 6354 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

Copaxone for ppms? (also posted in general disscussion)

Hi All:

I haven't posted for a while but I was interested to see if anyones neuro is advising them to use copaxone for ppms as mine is?

I've never had a relapse, just a slow decline over 6 years.

I have a very high degree of confidence in this group. They are researchers and only treat MS patients. It seems they believe that copaxone will provide some level of "neuro protection." This has put ...
Read more : Copaxone for ppms? (also posted in general disscussion) | Views : 5129 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Copaxone

Copaxone for ppms

Hi All:

I haven't posted for a while but I was interested to see if anyones neuro is advising them to use copaxone for ppms as mine is? I have a very high degree of confidence in this group. They are researchers and only treat MS patients. It seems they believe that copaxone will provide some level of "neuro protection." This has put me in a quandary because I know the ppms study was shut ...
Read more : Copaxone for ppms | Views : 1613 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

If you're going to have ms, now is the time to have it...??

Hi guys,

I was recently on the phone to the ms society in my state getting info on meds and talking to the social worker.
The social worker sounded almost excited and told me that if anyone is going to have ms that now is the time to have it 8O ...thanks but i'd rather not.

I have heard this said before when i was in hospital ...
Read more : If you're going to have ms, now is the time to have it...?? | Views : 1687 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Reaching the "tipping point"

What is that you ask? I have recently been wondering why in the hell a simple foot injury (a neuroma) would be having such a profound effect on my psyche. I have this foot problem that I probably got from working out (according to my DPM) and it has caused me to slow down and walk without putting weight on the ball of my right foot. It is temporary and I know it, but for ...
Read more : Reaching the "tipping point" | Views : 2226 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Aspiring fitness competitor w/MS looking for ideas

Hi everyone!
In 2003, prior to my diagnosis(in 1/05), I competed in fitness. Now I have decided that while I am doing ok I want to do one more, just in case I cannot in the future. I am having difficulty with the training. Unlike before, I have to deal with the side effects of the medication (avonex), try to lose body fat w/o raising core temp, space out my workouts, try to follow a ...
Read more : Aspiring fitness competitor w/MS looking for ideas | Views : 3863 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Exercise and Physical Therapy

Hello everyone!!

Hi everybody! I am 39, a RN, and was diagnosed 1/05 w/RRMS. I am doing pretty well and have just recently started searching out others with the same. I have found it is nice to talk with others because there is an understanding that those without, no matter how good the intentions, just do not have. Well anyway, don't want to go on too long, just wanted to say HI ...
Read more : Hello everyone!! | Views : 1317 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

neuropsych assessment and cognitive retraining

Hi there

I recently underwent a full neuropsych evaluation and I just wanted to say that I found the whole process very interesting. The professor who conducted the assessnment was very warm and empathetic and although it was long and exhausting (6 hours over 2 days), the report was an eye opener!
Ally
Read more : neuropsych assessment and cognitive retraining | Views : 1959 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Daily Life

vaccinations and interferons

Hi there

I could not find any info on this on the Avonex site, but maybe someone else could shed some light?

My Oncologist (I had cancer 10 yrs ago and stiill go for regular checks) is something of an expert on interferons in general as it is commonly used for the treatment of certain cancers. She told me that I could not have any vaccinations whilst on interferon, or for 3 months after stopping ...
Read more : vaccinations and interferons | Views : 2023 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Avonex

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 227080 • Total topics 23944 • Total members 15256

Contact us | Terms of Service