It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:09 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Another possible drug

Drug for RA which may help MS - but in early phase.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j619864177&w=464753
Read more : Another possible drug | Views : 1025 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

MS in Scotland

This article suggests that North East Scotland has the highest level of MS in the world at 1 in 700 (I had read that the rate was 1:500 in Colorado and parts of New England). The definition of MS in the article is somewhat flawed, suggesting that it's in the spinal cord and works itself up!

Ian

North-east Scotland has highest MS rate in the world

The North-east of Scotland has the highest number people ...
Read more : MS in Scotland | Views : 1543 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Nutrition

The Boston Cure Project has published its findings in relation to nutrition.

http://www.acceleratedcure.org/download ... agents.pdf

Given that I always ate my greens and still got MS, I'm quite happy with my current diet of chocolate and diet coke.

Ian
Read more : Nutrition | Views : 1011 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

looking for friends

Hi! I'm 43, dxd with MS 5 years ago. Is anyone out there?
Read more : looking for friends | Views : 1879 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Introductions

IV solumedrol as preventitive for relapses

I finished a 2 day course ofIV solumedrol 2 days ago and today had to come home from work due to fatigue, muscle pain and some vision difficulties. The vision problems have resolved but not the fatigue and muscle aches. It feels like my neck and torso have been used as a punching bag. I'm concerned about this because my neurologist wants me to start regular IV treatments one day a month to prevent further ...
Read more : IV solumedrol as preventitive for relapses | Views : 8737 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Regimens

Immune system and repair of spinal injury

A bit of scientific controversy with MS implications...

Enlisting the immune system to fix broken spines

22 August 2006 -- NewScientist.com -- A vaccination that stimulates immune cell production could be key to enabling people with serious spinal injuries to walk again, researchers say.

However, the study has been criticised by some experts in the neurological field who remain sceptical about the findings.

The controversial research claims come from a team at the Weizmann Institute ...
Read more : Immune system and repair of spinal injury | Views : 1240 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

QUESTION ABOUT NABS.

what are they trying to say. that the intreferon could be bad for the people using it? i know its a dumb question but im new to the lingo and research. thanks for your help..
Read more : QUESTION ABOUT NABS. | Views : 1611 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

mitochondrial dysfunction

Mitochondrial dysfunction seems to be getting quite a bit of research attention these days, lets hope all the study leads to effective therapies.

Mitochondrial protein nitration primes neurodegeneration in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis.

J Biol Chem. 2006 Aug 18;
Qi X, Lewin AS, Sun L, Hauswirth WW, Guy J.
Ophthalmology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32605.

The mechanisms of axonal and neuronal degeneration causing visual and neurologic disability in multiple sclerosis are poorly understood. Here we ...
Read more : mitochondrial dysfunction | Views : 1202 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Remyelination

Now if they could just figure out why this is happening...

Remyelination is extensive in a subset of multiple sclerosis patients.

Brain. 2006 Aug 18;
Patrikios P, Stadelmann C, Kutzelnigg A, Rauschka H, Schmidbauer M, Laursen H, Sorensen PS, Bruck W, Lucchinetti C, Lassmann H.
Center for Brain Research, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria.

Although spontaneous remyelination does occur in multiple sclerosis lesions, its extent within the global population with this disease is presently ...
Read more : Remyelination | Views : 1065 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

UK seminar

The UK MS Trust is hosting a seminar in London on stem cells and the future of MS research. Details as follows:

Stem cells and the future of MS research

An MS Trust event

Wednesday 6 September - 7pm
The Royal Society, London
Speakers:

Prof Alistair Compston - University of Cambridge

Prof Neil Scolding - University of Bristol

Chair:

Prof Alan Thompson - Institute of Neurology, London

The headline grabbing but unproven treatments that are ...
Read more : UK seminar | Views : 2080 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Stem Cells

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219661 • Total topics 22679 • Total members 14295

Contact us | Terms of Service