It is currently Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:21 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Driving

Next weekend I am going to my first ever driver's ed class. Finally, at 28, I decided it's time to get 'er done.

But now I am terrified, because a month ago I had my second attack of vertigo in a year. I am so scared that it will happen again while I am driving. 8O

How do you guys handle it? Is having MS considered an ...
Read more : Driving | Views : 4308 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Daily Life

History of MS

Interesting, interactive german web site ( press the english flag for english language). MS vaccine .... not happening for a long time :roll:

http://www.geschichte-der-ms.de/
Read more : History of MS | Views : 1599 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Just FedExed My Records to JH.

Hello,

I am brand-new in this forum. Just today, I FedExed a CD of my brain / spine MRIs to JH, and the rest of my paperwork should be there within 7-10 days. I am crossing my fingers for everything to go smoothly and for my insurance to comply with paying for the protocol.

My stats:
-27 years old, turning 28 next Tues. (on 04/22)
-Have probably had MS for around 2 years, but wasn't ...
Read more : Just FedExed My Records to JH. | Views : 13819 | Replies : 109 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

More WalkAide info needed

I am currently doing a "test-run" on a WalkAide and have it for only 2 weeks. My leg seems to want to swing out rather than the foot pulling up - would this be a sensor location that needs to be played with? Has anyone got info on insurance paying for this devise? Would I be better off to wait a few months to see if it becomes covered by insurance? Would love to hear ...
Read more : More WalkAide info needed | Views : 3131 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Medical Devices

Prescribing doctors in Colorado

Does anyone know of a doctor in Colorado who prescribes LDN? I am seriously thinking about starting LDN and would prefer to use someone in the area.

Thanks for your help
:)
Sharon
Read more : Prescribing doctors in Colorado | Views : 2619 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Insulin Resistance and MS ??

I'm curious if others here with MS also have Insulin Resistance. I have it really bad and whenever i eat junk food/ fast food or high carbs my MS really flares up worse. When i tell my neuro this he says that diet has nothing to do with my MS but i'm wondering.

Thanks....
harry...
Read more : Insulin Resistance and MS ?? | Views : 5933 | Replies : 27 | Forum : General Discussion

Hormones, HPG axis- For Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Wanted your wisdom and input....

We had my husband do a saliva hormone test, recommended by a holistic doc who is a good friend. Jeff has been taking DHEA supplements (50mg) daily, so his DHEA was slightly elevated, but what really surprised my friend were his levels of lutenizing hormone and follicle stimulating hormone...off the charts. His levels were 10x normal. Usually these high numbers signal infertility and testicular failure.

But Jeff's testosterone ...
Read more : Hormones, HPG axis- For Sharon | Views : 1757 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Interesting drug in Alzheimer's trials

I think this drug is interesting because it is an anti-allergy pill that's been approved in Russia for around 20 years, it is neuroprotective and entering phase 3 trials in alzheimer's.

From Medivation's (the sponsor company) website:

Dimebon is an orally-available, small molecule that has been shown to inhibit brain cell death in preclinical models relevant to Alzheimer’s disease and Huntington’s disease, making it a potential treatment for these and other neurodegenerative diseases. Based on ...
Read more : Interesting drug in Alzheimer's trials | Views : 2139 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Another trial

This sounds good, the more trial evidence the better.

http://www.pressdispensary.co.uk/releases/c991700.php
Read more : Another trial | Views : 2512 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

RRMS dx received

I finally (after more messing around than I can be bothered to type) got an MS dx today. Am feeling remarkably cheerful despite this because I finally have some answers.

Because the doctor I was supposed to see was out I need to back another time to discuss any meds so at today I just got the dx and had a few q's answered.
Read more : RRMS dx received | Views : 2189 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233412 • Total topics 25043 • Total members 16203

Contact us | Terms of Service