It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:50 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

ECTRIMS 2006

Attached is the Boston Cure Project's summary of the ECTRIMS conference:

http://www.acceleratedcure.org:8080/art ... =nocomment

I like the description of EAE as
"the devil's tool"
. It's sad that even the experts know it is a crap model but carry on regardless. Given that MS might have an infectious cause (EBV, Cpn etc), I don't believe that this forms part of the EAE model.
Read more : ECTRIMS 2006 | Views : 1010 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

MS Fitness Challenge Tampa

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum, I dont have MS but I work for the Assistant Professor of Neurology at the University of South Florida in Tampa, FL. Just wanted to tell everyone of an event we are hosting at the USF Sundome on Oct 28th at 9am - 2pm. Were calling it the MS Fitness Challenge, were going to have events like spinning, obstacle courses, children activities, basketball, silent auction, and a ...
Read more : MS Fitness Challenge Tampa | Views : 1084 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Bill Bryson

I'm reading a book right now by Bill Bryson called "A Walk in the Woods". It is sooooo funny (gratuitous American Pie reference) and extremely well written. I recommend to anyone. Great read.
Read more : Bill Bryson | Views : 2496 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Reading Nook

MRI/reaction

Yesterday I had an MRI w&w/o gladolinium. I continued on to work afterwards but my arms and legs felt a little numb, and they feel somewhat worse this morning as if I've had a relapse. Granting that MRI's are next to worthless since lesions have nothing to do with either disease status or progression is it possible they're also harmful? I couldn't find any google on this at all, has anyone else felt crappy after ...
Read more : MRI/reaction | Views : 1300 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Betaferon vs. Rebif for site reactions

Should make those of you on Betaseron happy, I happen to be on Rebif :cry: Either way I bet an oral medication will hurt even less :lol:

Betaferon Causes Less Injection Site Pain and Injection Site Reactions Than Rebif in Patients With Multiple Sclerosis: Presented at ECTRIMS
By Bruce Sylvester

MADRID, SPAIN -- October 4, 2006 ...
Read more : Betaferon vs. Rebif for site reactions | Views : 5405 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Betaseron

Tysabri now in Canada.

Health Canada Grants Approval of TYSABRI(TM) (natalizumab) for the Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis Following Priority Review

Wednesday October 4, 8:00 am ET
First New Class of Treatment in Ten Years Shown to Reduce Rate of Relapses by 68%(1)

MISSISSAUGA, Ontario & DUBLIN, Ireland--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Biogen Idec Canada and Elan Corporation, plc announced today that following a priority review process, Health Canada has granted approval to TYSABRI(TM) (natalizumab) for the treatment of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS).(2) TYSABRI ...
Read more : Tysabri now in Canada. | Views : 1816 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Hello!

Hi,
My name is Jenn, and I was dx'd with RRMS a year ago. I started Avonex about 5 months ago, and am happy with that decision so far. The relapse that led to my dx was severe, and I now use a walker or cane if I'm not at home. I can't drive much anymore, which stinks, but I can live with it.

I am 30 years old, married for 7 yrs, and we ...
Read more : Hello! | Views : 1629 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Introductions

SF1019

Does anyone know anything about SF1019? Apparently, Alan Osmond has used it for his MS, with success. It could be similar to Aimspro and does not have FDA approval. It may be a furphy but who knows?
Read more : SF1019 | Views : 21897 | Replies : 55 | Forum : General Discussion

Sativex

Cannabinoid-Based drug Savitex Appears Helpful for Spasticity in Multiple Sclerosis: Presented at ECTRIMS
By Bruce Sylvester

MADRID, SPAIN -- October 3, 2006 -- Patients with progressive multiple sclerosis showed statistically significant improvement in spasticity-related symptoms following treatment with the cannabinoid-based drug Savitex, researchers reported here at the 22nd Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS).

"Since the subjects were able to self titrate the drug, they chose their own ...
Read more : Sativex | Views : 2332 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Sativex

flash of light in right eye

Any one else have a flash of light in your eyes? Mine is my right eye, white narrow line from right corner up over my eye. Very quick and seems to come when I move my eye or head, not always though. First saw it at night after turning the lights out. Thought it was a reflextion of light from my glasses, took them off, made sure hair not in my eyes etc., closed my ...
Read more : flash of light in right eye | Views : 20940 | Replies : 10 | Forum : MS in the Golden Years

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220884 • Total topics 22894 • Total members 14457

Contact us | Terms of Service