It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:16 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Symbiotic lifestyle can make MS easier to live with.

Hello All Here is a link to a site that I have found quite inspiring. Best of health http://www.blindguru.com/ Enjoy !! It has changed a little from when I first visited the site but still some great food for thought. Read the text. Then search around. Rawsome group of folks... Going to get some vita D from the sun that just came out... Mark
Read more : Symbiotic lifestyle can make MS easier to live with. | Views : 1555 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Intro, new here

Hello! I am seeking information on MS. My mom has been through lots of testing to rule out other problems, but the Dr. will not say MS for sure. He won't do anymore testing but confirms it is a chronic illness, most likely MS. My mom is not on any treatment program, but is taking meds to help her sleep and one for muscle spasms. I think she feels lost and not sure what is ...
Read more : Intro, new here | Views : 1267 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Results are in and the Doc has spoken....

He said definately MS. Wants to start me on copaxone. HOWEVER, the pharmacist said that it costs about $85,000.00 a month and insurance says noway! Now what? :(
Any alternatives?
Doc said my MS is at about a "2" on a scale of 1-10

Pharmacist called me back, 22k yr not 85k a month
Read more : Results are in and the Doc has spoken.... | Views : 2436 | Replies : 26 | Forum : General Discussion

For smokers only...

We all know how policically incorrect it is to smoke (or admit it anyway!) but I am a smoker and have been trying to quit for about 3 years. (and I am NOT politically correct!) So has my daughter who has MS. Several months ago I came across a video on Fox news about the "e-cigarette". I have been using them ever since!

There are several places you can purchase this product. Just search the ...
Read more : For smokers only... | Views : 1590 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Dr. Seuss

Happy Birthday to Dr. Seuss!
His quote might be considered in terms of MS-

"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple...."
AC
Read more : Dr. Seuss | Views : 1197 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Canada stem cell news

stem cells made from human skin

report in english...
http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadi ... 6uJKg4YFiw

in journalspeak...
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/va ... 07863.html
Read more : Canada stem cell news | Views : 1377 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

hereditary or not what percentage?

Hi I have been reading up on MS and am confused at what the percentage rate is for people who have family history compared to who doesn't.
I have been told by a friend it is unlikely for me to have because no family of mine has any autoimmune disease.

Would love some feedback please?

Jules
Read more : hereditary or not what percentage? | Views : 3333 | Replies : 20 | Forum : General Discussion

On a personal note- lost my Dad

My dad (77) passed away yesterday. He went peacefully, unmedicated, and seemingly pain free. He had fought with great strength and determination a 9 year battle with cancer.
The battle became quite hard during the last month.
I will miss him.
For the MS twist on this... if stress is a factor, I am in for it.
I loved my Daddy.
Read more : On a personal note- lost my Dad | Views : 1806 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

Halls Vitamin C Drops – Why an MS warning?

A couple years ago I noticed that Halls Vitamin C drops have a warning on the package that the drops shouldn’t be taken by people with MS. I used to keep them on hand to take if I was tired or felt a cold/sore throat coming on. Plus, it seemed like an easy way to get Vitamin C. Then one day I happened to read the warning label, and I haven’t taken them since. This ...
Read more : Halls Vitamin C Drops – Why an MS warning? | Views : 2160 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Seeing an opthamolagist, any hints?

From another thread.
EyeDoc wrote:As an aside: The OCT is a wonderful tool for measuring the thickness of the retinal nerve fibre layer. This is the layer that carries light signals into the optic nerve which allows us to see. OCT is currently covered by insurances and used for diagnosing and following glaucoma patients. There are other disease that can affect this layer, including MS, but medical insurance coverage is not complete. Irregardless, I do baseline OCT ...
Read more : Seeing an opthamolagist, any hints? | Views : 1560 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240924 • Total topics 26347 • Total members 17546

Contact us | Terms of Service