It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:17 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

CPn as a cause of Optic Neuritis

CPn as a cause of recurrent optic neuritis in a twelve year old boy.

http://tinyurl.com/qk33f

Pohl D, Rostasy K, Gieffers J, Maass M, Hanefeld F.
Department of Paediatrics and Paediatric Neurology, Georg August University Gottingen, Germany.

It has been suggested that Chlamydia pneumoniae (C. pneumoniae) is involved in the pathogenesis of diverse diseases of the central nervous system (CNS), including multiple sclerosis. We report the case of a 12-year-old male with isolated recurrent optic neuritis ...
Read more : CPn as a cause of Optic Neuritis | Views : 1750 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

CPn as a cause optic neuritis

CPn as a cause of recurrent optic neuritis in a twelve year old boy.

http://tinyurl.com/qk33f

Pohl D, Rostasy K, Gieffers J, Maass M, Hanefeld F.
Department of Paediatrics and Paediatric Neurology, Georg August University Gottingen, Germany.

It has been suggested that Chlamydia pneumoniae (C. pneumoniae) is involved in the pathogenesis of diverse diseases of the central nervous system (CNS), including multiple sclerosis. We report the case of a 12-year-old male with isolated recurrent optic neuritis ...
Read more : CPn as a cause optic neuritis | Views : 1932 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Antibiotics

Stem Cell Scam Arrest

http://tinyurl.com/ow9q8

Interpol officials have tracked down a Llandudno couple on the run from the FBI after being accused of running a huge medicinal stem cell scam while in the United States.

Stephen van Rooyen, 44, and his model girlfriend, Laura Brown, 35, of Fisherman's Walk in Llandudno, were wanted for allegedly offering useless drugs to terminally ill patients across the US and Europe.

Police spokesperson Elliot Sinyangana on Monday confirmed the couple were still at ...
Read more : Stem Cell Scam Arrest | Views : 1904 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Stem Cells

Baclofen for Spasticity Approved

FDA Approves Baclofen for Spasticity in Multiple Sclerosis

DETROIT, MI -- August 16, 2006 -- Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Ltd., announced today that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted final approval for the Company's Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for Baclofen Tablets.

Caraco's Baclofen Tablet is a muscle relaxant and antispastic. It is useful for the alleviation of signs and symptoms of spasticity resulting from multiple sclerosis, particularly for the relief of flexor ...
Read more : Baclofen for Spasticity Approved | Views : 1259 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Pain in shoulder

I was just wondering if anyone else gets sharp pains. my doc told me i had tendonitis of the shoulder years ago but they could never find any evidence of it. just wondered if it might be part of the MS (got diagnosed in November) or does anyone else experience pain... sometimes i just can't move its so sore - even sore if i am lying down :x ...
Read more : Pain in shoulder | Views : 856 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

question about clinics?

Hi, if those who have read my other posts "updated, blah blah" then u will kind know more. First here is my question and then I will explain the sitution. We need a special clinic, we live in Arkansas. Does anyone have any suggestions? Ok now here is what's went on last evening and today. The last paragraph is most relevant to the title

After talking with nurse for imd this is what I remember. ...
Read more : question about clinics? | Views : 1173 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

New way to grow brain cells.

From EurekAlert!

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- University of Florida researchers have shown ordinary human brain cells may share the prized qualities of self-renewal and adaptability normally associated with stem cells.

Writing online today (Aug. 16) in Development, scientists from UF's McKnight Brain Institute describe how they used mature human brain cells taken from epilepsy patients to generate new brain tissue in mice.

Furthermore, they can coax these pedestrian human cells to produce large amounts of new ...
Read more : New way to grow brain cells. | Views : 756 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

eye-lid weakness

Hello everyone. While I rarely post here, I am an avid reader!

I do have a question:

My right eye-lid is becoming weak. I began showing MS symptoms in 1999 and was then dx'd (RRMS) in 2000.

Since then, my eye-lid was droop during periods bad fatigue. But, in the last six months perhaps even a year, it is always a little lower than the other, and then goes to .25 or .5 closed during ...
Read more : eye-lid weakness | Views : 1530 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

High-Dose Cyclophosphamide

This is a drug they've been using for MS patients for many years, but it is interesting to me that it appears quite effective for some people with severe cases.

High-Dose Cyclophosphamide for Moderate to Severe Refractory Multiple Sclerosis.

Gladstone DE, Zamkoff KW, Krupp L, Peyster R, Sibony P, Christodoulou C, Locher E, Coyle PK.
Author Affiliations: Departments of Medicine, Neurology, Radiology, and Ophthalmology, State University of New York at Stony Brook.
Arch Neurol. 2006 ...
Read more : High-Dose Cyclophosphamide | Views : 876 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Interleukin 17 and 27 Study

Autoimmune brain inflammation studied

SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 15 (UPI) -- U.S. scientists say a key factor in development of brain inflammation may provide a new target for inflammatory diseases of the central nervous system.

In separate studies, Nico Ghilardi of Genentech Inc. in San Francisco and Christopher Hunter of the University of Pennsylvania studied different mouse models of brain inflammation that resemble human diseases, such as multiple sclerosis.

Both studies show brain inflammation is worse ...
Read more : Interleukin 17 and 27 Study | Views : 844 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219613 • Total topics 22672 • Total members 14284

Contact us | Terms of Service