It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:19 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

newest thing to happen to me

okay everyone could some one please explain to me why this stuff is going on..i hate the fact that i cant get a answer to anything..i woke up monday morning at around 12 or so and my whole right size was seizing up on me..i had to call 911 very scary..took me in and did more mris and guess what nothing on them at all...AGAIN......i was laughing and crying at the same time..the poor dr ...
Read more : newest thing to happen to me | Views : 1386 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Campath trials

Genzyme's second quarter results were published today and included the following about Campath:

Preparations are underway for the initiation of a phase 3 study of
alemtuzumab (Campath) for the treatment of relapsing/remitting multiple
sclerosis, which is expected during the second half of this year. In
addition, nearly all participating patients have now completed at least
24 months in the ongoing Phase 2 clinical trial comparing alemtuzumab
with Rebif(R) (interferon beta-1a) for the treatment of multiple ...
Read more : Campath trials | Views : 1291 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Should or shouldn't I?

Long time reader first time poster.

I am RRMS. was diagnosed in 2002, but first symptoms (double vision, poor co-ordination and feeling like someone had put a hot pan under my right buttock when I sat down in my chair at work, leading to very strange looks when I jumped up) began in 2001.

I am not badly affected, well not as bad as some people which has made me feel too guilty to post ...
Read more : Should or shouldn't I? | Views : 2247 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Antibiotics

Campath update

An update on campath from Genezyme's quarterly results press release...

Preparations are underway for the initiation of a phase 3 study of alemtuzumab (Campath) for the treatment of relapsing/remitting multiple sclerosis, which is expected during the second half of this year. In addition, nearly all participating patients have now completed at least 24 months in the ongoing Phase 2 clinical trial comparing alemtuzumab with Rebif (interferon beta-1a) for the treatment of multiple sclerosis. Genzyme expects ...
Read more : Campath update | Views : 2004 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Geographic spread

It has been suggested by some that MS may have come from Scandinavia and that's why countries where the Vikings invaded have higher rates e.g. Scotland, Ireland. When I met with Prof Ebers who is looking at MS genes he said this was a bit fanciful and said that MS also occurs in countries such as India. Indeed I have read that rates are increasing in areas such as the Caribbean (as neurologists increase the ...
Read more : Geographic spread | Views : 1648 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

the face of jimmy

hi it was suggested that we could have our pics by our names in the forums, not just an emoticon. i thought we could insert pics here not just link to online images. i will have to figure out how others are posting their graphs in the forums. so anyway for now all i can do is link to a pic of me online which is really ridiculously tiny!

Read more : the face of jimmy | Views : 2034 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Introductions

Insomnia?

Like many on this website, I experienced fatigue following an MS attack. Prior to the first obvious signs of MS, I also had problems with insomnia. I was wondering if others also experienced sleep problems prior to their MS.

thinkingoutloud
Read more : Insomnia? | Views : 1324 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Appointment for First Infusion?

Has anyone set up their appointment for the first Tysabri infusion yet?
Read more : Appointment for First Infusion? | Views : 7574 | Replies : 35 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Pictures

Arron would it be possible to make it so all the members could post pics with their posts so we could be closer. I think seeing one another would bring a personal touch to this great web site. People with M.S need that personal feeling instead of that far away feeling we get when we leave the neurologists office, thx. rob
Read more : Pictures | Views : 59672 | Replies : 589 | Forum : General Discussion

Obtaining Social Security Disability

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone heres from Oregon? If not, that's fine too but I was curious to ask all of you how difficult was it to obtain social security disability benefits for yourselves? Oh, and what symptoms did you have at the time and the amount of time it took to go through the application process? Im now approaching a year and a half and still haven't had my time in front ...
Read more : Obtaining Social Security Disability | Views : 1357 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218761 • Total topics 22548 • Total members 14193