It is currently Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:13 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Prozac as DMD for MS

Multiple Sclerosis Disease Activity May Be Curbed By Prozac
01 May 2008

The antidepressant Prozac may help to curb disease activity in the relapsing remitting form of multiple sclerosis (MS), reveals preliminary research published ahead of print in the Journal of Neurology Neurosurgery and Psychiatry.

The research team randomly allocated 40 patients with the relapsing remitting form of MS to treatment with either 20 mg daily of fluoxetine (Prozac) or an inactive substance (placebo) for ...
Read more : Prozac as DMD for MS | Views : 1544 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Etiquette ?? in the Dr office

My nuerologist is sometimes in a wheelchair other times on crutches. This has offten time made me curious. He is a wonderful guy and I like him alot. He has never volunteered what his condition is to me. My question is would it be wrong of me to ask? This doesn't make a difference to me so maybe I shouldn't. It is just something that I have wondered about since my first visit almost two ...
Read more : Etiquette ?? in the Dr office | Views : 1902 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Zoloft & Brain Zaps

I know this might sound crazy (ironic since I'm talking about Zoloft) but here goes anyway. I tried to stop taking my daily Zoloft pill. After about three or four days I began getting these strange sensations in my head. It felt like electrical zaps. After a few weeks I couldn't stand it anymore and started taking the Zoloft again. The zaps went away when I started taking the drug again. What's up with this? ...
Read more : Zoloft & Brain Zaps | Views : 2413 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

regrowing a finger

This was a gotta-see-it-to-believe-it story. What can it do for an MS patient, if it could?......
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7354458.stm
Read more : regrowing a finger | Views : 2330 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Burning mouth

Is driving me crazy! This was almost completely gone during my steroids treatment and a bit after, but it's slowly come back.

Anyone else dealt with burning mouth before? It can be pure agony. I get the burning in the mouth, esp. on my top right side and my cheek feels like it's on fire (on the inside), my tongue feels like a million bees are stinging it, and my lips can feel a slight ...
Read more : Burning mouth | Views : 9489 | Replies : 41 | Forum : General Discussion

Update on me

I just finished 3 days of IVSM for an exacerbation. I found out that my MRTCs were negative on the April 1 blood draw so I will have to wait the 90 days.

Since I just had an exacerbation and IVSM, I will have to re-sign the consent forms to continue in the extension study.

I guess the good news is the MRTCs are negative... :)

Now ...
Read more : Update on me | Views : 5095 | Replies : 20 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

moving day

found a new functionality limit...
note to self: no more moving fridges, not even mini-fridges, down three flights of stairs alone.
that could've been a right disaster lol! whew, not much more to go :)
Read more : moving day | Views : 2179 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Daily Life

MS, cancer, goats

After such a long time that we even have changed emails, and forgetting that my password was capitalized so I couldn't get in to write about all my (many) adventures, with my extended efforts, I finally arrived here with a splash and a plop. Now what?

A short history for newcomers and for those who have forgotten I existed: I began my story on the "Regimens"section of this excellent forum, but like some others, am ...
Read more : MS, cancer, goats | Views : 2899 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Antibiotics

Atacicept

Dignan,

Not heard of this one?

Merck Serono and ZymoGenetics Initiate Atacicept Phase 2 Clinical Trial in Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis 30 April 2008

ZymoGenetics, Inc. announced that its development partner Merck Serono, a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, has initiated a Phase 2 clinical trial to evaluate the safety and efficacy of atacicept in patients with relapsing multiple sclerosis (RMS).

"Patients with multiple sclerosis need more treatment options," said Nicole Onetto, M.D., Senior Vice ...
Read more : Atacicept | Views : 1657 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233911 • Total topics 25124 • Total members 16303

Contact us | Terms of Service