It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:59 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Skin lesions with CAP?

Has anyone noticed an increase in skin lesions like warts since they have been on antibiotics?
Read more : Skin lesions with CAP? | Views : 1807 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Antibiotics

MS burden of disease

Hi to all,

Does anyone have statistics on the burden of disease for MS? That is, what is the dollar cost to society for someone with MS -- lost wages, medical care, etc.
Read more : MS burden of disease | Views : 1344 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

neurons from embryonic stem cells

Another good step in the process of figuring out stem cells:

Functioning Neurons From Human Embryonic Stem Cells Produced

10 August 2007 -- Scientists with the Institute of Stem Cell Biology and Medicine at UCLA were able to produce from human embryonic stem cells a highly pure, large quantity of functioning neurons that will allow them to create models of and study diseases such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Multiple Sclerosis, prefrontal dementia and schizophrenia, etc.

Researchers ...
Read more : neurons from embryonic stem cells | Views : 1289 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Have anyone used Botox for Spasticity

I recently found this article in MSRC website

Also our neurologist had suggested that Botox is a very good treatment for people with severe Spasticity & said that one dosage would be enough for a patient to be free of Spasticity for up to 6 months.

I would like to know the experience of others in case if they had used Botox

Thanks in Advance,
Read more : Have anyone used Botox for Spasticity | Views : 1513 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

European patent for Tovaxin !

Quoted from : Opexa required european patent for Tovaxin, and M. CEO seems to be interested in european development of Tovaxin. Maybe a hope for a clinical trial in Europe soon ?

<shortened url>
Read more : European patent for Tovaxin ! | Views : 1903 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Interesting Tysabri analysis

I came across this blog that gives a good, easy to read analysis of Tysabri. Despite the conflict of interest, it is very fair.
Read more : Interesting Tysabri analysis | Views : 1947 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

MS Gene Discovery

Fingers crossed this will lead to a better future for us all:

Multiple Sclerosis Gene Discovery First Major Genetic Advance in 30 Years
July 30, 2007 — The discovery of a new gene linked to multiple sclerosis (MS) marks the first major genetic advance in the disease in more than 30 years and may pave the way for future research and treatment options.
Two separate but related studies published online July 29 in Nature Genetics ...
Read more : MS Gene Discovery | Views : 964 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Anyone on MBP 8298

I wonder if somebody here is receiving MBP 8298 infusions. The results of the trials sound good, so why is there not more interest about it on this forum? Bioms seems to be very promising company...

Read more : Anyone on MBP 8298 | Views : 1237 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Deciding whether or not to have another child...

Hi Everyone,

I never thought that i would be on a ms forum asking this question to a group of people that i don't know but unfortunately i have something in common with.

We have got 2 beautiful children but we always thought that we would have 3. Now a spanner has been thrown in the works as ms has decided to "wake up" after the birth of my second son. I have probably had ...
Read more : Deciding whether or not to have another child... | Views : 1473 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 227727 • Total topics 24056 • Total members 15405

Contact us | Terms of Service